Disconnected at the final phase! [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Yup this is gonna make people quit, myself included. Gonna take a break for a week and see if they address this in some sort of competent way, if not I’m done with this game. Rather buy more LoL skins than more Gems if kitten like this is gonna happen.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: joydd.1358

joydd.1358

I got the same issue, the game crashed in the last part, when i came back was over. 0 rewards for me too…. so 3 hours of total waste…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SirChomp.5624

SirChomp.5624

Yep over 2 hours wasted, crashed out after the explosives made the karka go down the spiral. Coudn’t join the same overflow. No loot. What a great event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bear Chief.3896

Bear Chief.3896

I would love for them to do something about this, just to make me feel like I did not waste 2.5 hours of my time. But I am guessing we are going to get nothing except maybe an apology.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hartman.4267

Hartman.4267

Please do something about this Anet, we all worked for 2 hours + only to see many of our friends get precursors, and we all get nothing.

Raptor Hartman
Warrior of Maguuma – June 29, 2013
Proud member of Seraphim Martyrs [BURN]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spudman.5673

Spudman.5673

Same exact thing happened to me too, all that time spent killing those things for nothing! what a waste…..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fenris.8091

Fenris.8091

Yeah, nothing for me either. What makes it even worse is I know people who are switching overflows and getting multiple chests…

That has annoyed more than anything else. A complete weekend wasted.

I’m going for a drink

Current Characters:
Gyr Wolfchild: Norn Ranger lv71
Fenris Wolfchild: Human Thief lv80

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cele.5467

Cele.5467

kitten YOU A net this just happened to me too, when i reconected the boss was down and i didnt even get any loot…. agh WASTE OF TIME not even foguth the last battle, kitten YOU kitten YOU……….

Im a photographer, Visit my website :D http://cele-cam.deviantart.com/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Swarley.8642

Swarley.8642

Guild mate made 300 gold from Dusk. I lost 11 silver in repairs with no chest rewards. GG, seems fair.

same thing with me, hopefully they fix this in some way because this is just ridiculous.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tylerraz.5436

tylerraz.5436

This happened to me too

Razor Jurus – Fame and Fortune [HusL] – ET

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fiction.8429

Fiction.8429

I got booted 3 times at the end. Had to keep doing the mission over and over up to the end to get booted and still got no reward or chest. Any chance ill get to see those items? Or did i just do all that for nothing. :P

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Soulgant.7689

Soulgant.7689

It seems this happened to many including me, oh the sadness…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Noxicon.4956

Noxicon.4956

I posted in another thread about it, but I’m adding my name to this one as it’s much larger. Count me in the crowd of wasting 2 hours of my life only to get dc’ed at the last phase and not be able to get back in.

I’m normally not when to get pissed over games, but when something like this happens, you kinda can’t help but feel slapped in the face.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Trinibaje.7683

Trinibaje.7683

I was also disconnected from the server right before the end of the event and unable to finish it… sigh

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Im pretty sure they will have the final event take place another time during the week because a lot of players got d/c and left out it would be terrible if they didn’t allow this

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Violet Vhaliana.7628

Violet Vhaliana.7628

I didn’t d/c, but I never got to see the boss because the demolition crew got stuck and never progressed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Poach.8251

Poach.8251

same thing here. I didn’t get DC’ed, but thought i was stuck in a rock. I couldn’t move at all. So i tried to log out and come back in, no luck. Kicked to overflow area. Then i read that ancient karka has been defeated. This isn’t fair. Two and a half hours of play, and i get nothing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Syriac Nefarious.2389

Syriac Nefarious.2389

Happen to me also….Not happy.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Compensation won’t happen and I imagine a few hundred – low thousand people at the least will be quitting. Some people getting 300-400gold out of this event while we’re left with nothing but a 11silver repair fee.

11s is nothing. You can easily get that back by buying gems and converting it to gold from the Black Lion Trading Company.

Thank you for understanding.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Marcus.2643

Marcus.2643

I’m so angry right now. I want to throw this game out of the window…

You make me waste hours!!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Disconnected at the end of it.
I have no words to explain how much this sucks. Especially seeing friends getting 20 slot bag / over 100 gold because of precursor and exotic drops.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DinoBT.4572

DinoBT.4572

just when the the Karka about to die, and Elie said “DETONATE NOW” I didn’t know he was talking about crashing my game and not able to relog into game. so yeah. 2 hours and no reward. thanks Anet. and IT WAS BORING

Haha Family – [FEAR] – Sanctum of Rall
www.fearguildwars2.enjin.com

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ENJOU.2548

ENJOU.2548

Terrible to have us play 2 hours and get nothing after a DC

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Benito.9712

Benito.9712

My game client crash, at the last part of the ancient Karka event (right after uncovering the fifth of the bombs). Because of this, I didn’t get any reward. After fighting this event for more than 2 hours, I ham very dissapointed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rumstik.4357

Rumstik.4357

Whats even more sad, is that it’s highly unlikely Anet will even respond to this fiasco.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

http://www.gw2db.com/items/72531-ancient-karka-shell-s

I got that. Haven’t checked if I can TP it though. +25 healing power isn’t exactly my thing.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mygrrd.1436

mygrrd.1436

I am so pissed right now. I have followed this event from the start on Friday and spent HOURS fighting that stupid ancient to get booted from the game and Jipped of the stupid chest and stupid karma. I can’t believe that happened and I hope A-net is looking into some way to fix it for those of us who were denied something they put so much effort into. >.<

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Storm Toryama.2197

Storm Toryama.2197

Got a UFO sound from he game, made a quick relog to fix it, came back, Karka was already killed…two and a half hours of participating just to find myself in another overflow…and from what I read, those who got to UFO sound crashed when the cutscene happened, so in the end, I would have gotten dc’d anyways…I liked the event, but majorly pissed that I have nothing to show for it…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Joey Panda.8321

Joey Panda.8321

My girlfriend and myself both attended the event from start to finish and did not get event completion nor did we get the chest. Very disappointed…. I hope that this is fixed and all of us who worked hard and attended get compensated.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: seecretlare.4758

seecretlare.4758

my schools internet crashed right at the end of the event. makes me so sad. i have several people that were in the event with me that can vouch for me if need be but i hope anet has a way of telling who was there and dced… and i hope they do something about this… im so sad at least the rich ori node made up alittle bit…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Unsullied.2059

Unsullied.2059

Was there from the beginning.. great event. But had to rez just before end and was booted while waiting for respawn. Could not get back in in time for event to be over. No loot. Very sad.

Zolo – Tarnished Coast

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ENJOU.2548

ENJOU.2548

Same happened here

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fus Ro Charr.2403

Fus Ro Charr.2403

Got black screen after defeating the second wave of reinforcements, that was 30 mins ago and still can’t log in :/

Aurora Glade

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: WolfieTheeGreat.1263

WolfieTheeGreat.1263

I got disconnected at the final boss and was unable to get the chest. Is ArenaNet going to fix the problem? I don’t think its right for us to do 2 and half hours of battles and not get rewarded.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Whats even more sad, is that it’s highly unlikely Anet will even respond to this fiasco.

And that’s the biggest thing bugging me since last week.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

I really hope they do something about this. Things like this makes me not want to buy gems.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Termartal.8149

Termartal.8149

WHY DO I FEEL SO AWFUL((((, how can you people be so cruel to not realize what have you done…

Was almost at the end it was nearing the cave and i crashed! can’t log in… 2 hours of work ressurecting people…. repairing gear with canisters…

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!???

Give it back!!!… I beg of you give it back! Give back what you took from me!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aristeia.2193

Aristeia.2193

I have to say I was enjoying the finale event with the Ancient Karka right up until I DC’d on the lagbridge between Camp Karka and the mainland. The reinforcements portions were gruelling, but everyone was working together and having fun. There was some nice variety, with the ‘kill this obstacle’ sections and the bit where we had to run arund collecting rocks to make the geysers explode. But I got up early for this and I was getting tired.

When the lag started getting bad I started to worry. When I started running in place on the lagbridge I worried even more. Then I got disconnected. I sighed and logged back in … and the overflow server I was on had already finished the event. And I had no recourse to claim my reward for the one-time unrepeatable event that I had spent hours on. I spent half a gold waypointing back to LA and then getting on the ship back to the islands in the vain hope that I would land back on the overflow where the event was still going. Nothing.

I’ve been disconnected and missed the reward for events before, but even bosses like the Shadow Behemoth and the Shatterer are at least repeatable. It’s disappointing and frustrating but at least you can try again on another day. Here I feel like I missed out on something really special. I guess I’ll watch it on YouTube to see how it ended, but that won’t change the fact that I missed out. On the accomplishment, on the loot, on whatever cutscene or final payoff came at the end, and on the FUN.

tl:dr: love your game! QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: GIJoeman.5304

GIJoeman.5304

Same here. I thought the event was fun but I got disconnected just as we were defeating the Ancient Karka.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: CrosshairLunchbox.5971

CrosshairLunchbox.5971

I also did not get a single item from the multi-hour event. I died in the lava and could not get back before the chest despawned. I really hope they do something about this.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vesten.4316

Vesten.4316

I was in a group with my a friend and i crashed but luckily i was able to get back with him after crashing about 5 times or so through out the end boss. I crashed at the end and then was able to get back to him and they killed the boss. I was looting the end chest and the gear was showing then the chest disappeared and i did not click the loot yet but then it disappeared before i could loot it. So basically i am saying if i do not get my loot, I am asking for a refund for a few reasons that I will not go into here. But I am very disappointed with the event and the game.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spiral.3724

Spiral.3724

This happened to me too. I fought for 2 hours and 41 minutes in this freaking event and got nothing because I crashed.
I put in a support ticket.

Spiral Madheart – Level 80 Mesmer
The Wrong Crowd [bAd] Yak’s Bend

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: belarki.7385

belarki.7385

Yeh this was ridiculous, I’ve really lost motivation to log into the game after putting that much effort into the event only to be disconnected at the last minute. Surely there’s some way for ANet to review server logs, see who was online and participating in the event, and who did not get the reward, and mail them something in compensation???

:(

I had such high hopes for this after the Halloween events too…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: nexVereor.8794

nexVereor.8794

same i DCed right before the boss reached the bottom

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

why cant we log in still!? my internet has full bars and im on your forums! its not my internet connection thank you

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MeepitS.9384

MeepitS.9384

Got kicked to char select screen right after we got the stupid thing down to the bottom of the nest. Log back in and no rewards. I Just dont feel like touching guildwars2 anymore. Couple of hours leading up to the final fight and then nothing, it’s just infuriating and heart crushing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Frighte.3480

Frighte.3480

Add me to the list of crash test dummies.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Notbomb.3715

Notbomb.3715

Same thing happened to me. Three hours for nothing because of a disconnect, and I could not rejoin my party on the server I was on because the server was full.

Nice programming, Anet.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Swedish Chef.6082

Swedish Chef.6082

I also missed the chest. I had died in an area no one could reach me to rez me. I waypointed and the chest disappeared in front of me. I just bought this game and am starting to wonder if it was worth it.

Not even remotely the same issue as the people posting in this thread. Complaining about one event where you likely died due to inexperience (just going on an assumption, you probably stood on the death location of the Ancient Karka and fell into the middle of the lava) is a pretty poor basis for demanding a make up reward. But sure, blame the developers and judge the game with a skewed perception due to a player error. Staging this fight as a one-time event was obviously an awful decision, but no one can be blamed for you dying but yourself.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dark Warmaster.8590

Dark Warmaster.8590

I have also went through the whole event to get nothing because my guild wars 2 stopped running and disconnected me. It sucks to not get anything for doing the event from the chest because I went through the whole event lagged out near the end so the chest does not show up and i get nothing at all.