New World Bosses

New World Bosses

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Teq gets killed every day multiple times on multiple servers… Some like it some don’t…

So just because some players don’t like it there shouldn’t be any more bosses like Teq?

Get over yourself!!

I don’t like JPs, so should I go around in the forum going on about it? No I will continue to ignore them and let the people who like JPs enjoy them….

There is so much to do in this game why complain about stuff other players clearly enjoy?

Just because you like teq, that means there should be more like him?

Get over yourself!!

There is so much to do in this game, why complain about stuff other players clearly enjoy?

New World Bosses

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

I’m not saying you should like him, just ignore it instead of spamming the forums that its too hard…

Play the content you like and leave the content you don’t like to people who like it :P

I am not complaining about anything….

New World Bosses

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

The problem is that the content we do not like starts to cover more and more of the world we do like. :P And we have been promised more of this soon. :>

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

New World Bosses

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

From what I’ve read the wurm boss will be similar in difficultly to Tequatl and for story you only need to fight the boss, which makes me thankful I’m in TTS at the moment. I’d join a Teq slaying guild before this boss patches as I imagine they’ll be recruiting in the lead up to this update.

The difficulty doesn’t bother me, but if the rewards aren’t better than then champ trains, then it will just be abandoned like Teq was. A-net really needs to balance which content gives rewards, and make some content give exclusive rewards. I’m not sure if they already do this, but it would help utilize the more abandoned world bosses.

Ive only beaten Teq twice, but I thought the rewards were pretty good. I got an ascended chest on my first time beating him though (about a month ago). Why are people always saying the rewards arent good enough? Its like 15 mins of actually doing something.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

New World Bosses

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

Teq gets killed every day multiple times on multiple servers… Some like it some don’t…

So just because some players don’t like it there shouldn’t be any more bosses like Teq?

Get over yourself!!

I don’t like JPs, so should I go around in the forum going on about it? No I will continue to ignore them and let the people who like JPs enjoy them….

There is so much to do in this game why complain about stuff other players clearly enjoy?

Congrats, you’re part of the problem.

No, seriously, you are. Do you even grasp why people are irritated at the prospect of another World Boss being designed like Tequatl? I’ll give you a hint: The majority aren’t irritated at the fact that it’s difficult, they’re upset that it’s another world Boss with a high difficulty curve.

Almost everyone unanimously agreed when Tequatl was revamped that the fight it’s self was fine, it was the fact it was put in the world, instead of an instance, and forced people to circumvent the game’s own mechanics in order to make the boss fight an instance that was the problem.

And now Anet is doing it again. What does this tell us: Anet does not listen to forum feedback, or any player-feed back for that matter, period. There was zero reason for them to, once again, decide to make another World Boss on Tequatl’s level and shove it out in the open instead of making it a Raid Instance, as Tequatl should have been, with a daily lock out.

People shouldn’t have to force themselves into an empty over flow, than ferry people into the over flow in order to get a decent attempt at the boss without having to worry about griefers, AFKers, and the like. But alas, Anet thinks they know best, and if the Worm is the same difficulty as Tequatl, I can already outline how this is going to go:

Week 1: Everyone and their mother is trying to do the boss. Hardly anyone who isn’t ferried into a proper Over Flow server kills the boss. People that do get ferried kill the boss within a day or two, farm out the achievements, and get what pitiful loot the boss drops.

Week 2 Onwards: The boss is utterly abandoned, and everyone returns to Champion Trains and easy Explorable Dungeons.

The end result: more wasted development time on poorly planned and thought out permanent content.

All we are asking is for Anet to put these difficult bosses in Raid Dungeons instead of out in the world. But somehow that just does not get through to the development team, who seems to think that everything they do is perfect based on obviously misleading metrics.

If Anet keeps going down this lovely path of thinking they know best, and we’re just a vocal minority, GW2’s going to be dead in the water by the end of this year, because people are going to get fed up with being spoon fed terrible content by developer who can’t take, or refuse to listen to, criticism from the people who are playing their game.

(edited by Blade Syphon.4325)

New World Bosses

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Does your server do every single teq spawn? Or just the few after reset? I defeated Teq once. Waited around for an hour, beat him with seconds to spare. And got blues and greens. I decided then and there that it wasn’t worth it.

Really? I got blues, greens, rares, mats and an ascended box. Nearly all the colors of the rainbow. Oh, and like 5 achievements. Same circmstances nearly. Yay RNG?

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

New World Bosses

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

People shouldn’t have to force themselves into an empty over flow, than ferry people into the over flow in order to get a decent attempt at the boss

You are missing the fact that you don’t have to force an overflow… Most Teq kill guilds aren’t doing this anymore and there are quite a few servers that kill Teq without an overflow…

So….

New World Bosses

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ive only beaten Teq twice, but I thought the rewards were pretty good. I got an ascended chest on my first time beating him though (about a month ago). Why are people always saying the rewards arent good enough? Its like 15 mins of actually doing something.

You were very, VERY lucky. I’ve killed Tequatl probably close to 40 times now. Only ever got 2 Exotics from him, and a bunch of worthless Sunless runes. Ascended chests from Tequatl are still extremely rare, and his special “Tequatl’s Hoard” even more so.

For most players, if they successfully kill Tequatl, all they get is 3 Rares and a bunch of blues and greens. (However, to be fair, I will also say that these players are not mentioning the guaranteed 1 gold + 12,000 karma you get for a successful kill.) That’s a rather poor return for a boss where you typically need to show up an hour or two beforehand and then wait in the server/overflow, and pray you don’t get disconnected. You could do speed dungeon runs in that same time and earn more than 10 times that profit, or the Champ train for 3 – 5 times.

New World Bosses

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I have killed Teq dozens and dozens of times and never received anything worthy of note. (1 rune.) So RNG is RNG.

“If Anet keeps going down this lovely path of thinking they know best, and we’re just a vocal minority, GW2’s going to be dead in the water by the end of this year, because people are going to get fed up with being spoon fed terrible content by developer who can’t take, or refuse to listen to, criticism from the people who are playing their game.”

But the problem as you outlined yourself is not that it’s “terrible” content. The problem is that you get put into overflow and can’t do the boss with friends or a well coordinated group. It is true that they designed the fight, but every patch this happens. You get put into overflow wherever the new content is happening. The problem gets magnified when you actually need a large group to successfully complete it.

“All we are asking is for Anet to put these difficult bosses in Raid Dungeons instead of out in the world. But somehow that just does not get through to the development team, who seems to think that everything they do is perfect based on obviously misleading metrics.”

I would not mind that it was put into an instance, however this would create all sorts of problem for people looking for a group to complete it, so the situation doesn’t really improve, just the complaint does.

As for your second comment; I think that is rather unfair. They read the forums, they can see what we are saying and in many circumstances change or alter things down the line. I am positive they do not think everything they do is perfect. I don’t know many people who really think that about themselves.

However,

When the patch releases and IF nothing has changed then the VERY best thing you and or any unsatisfied player can do is come to the forums and post their opinions on the matter. I don’t mean rant and rave about it. Clearly state why you don’t like it, what the problems with it are, and what you suggest they do in the future to make it better.

(edited by KOPPER.1458)

New World Bosses

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

Dev.s please consider smaller servers.
There is already so much content that simply does not happen on servers like Vabbi.
Or rather does only happen when huge groups and guilds visit to farm it on our server.
The clockwork Scarlett invasions are just ignored. We never managed to have numbers to do anything – and since achievement time is over 0 even try.
Teq. only done by other servers farming on our server- and when they do arrive it is enough in numbers that anyone from our server arriving goes into overflow.

Let the bosses be able to scale down and up by number of players or even better set into raid dungeon setting to balance numbers

Unless you start working on balancing the server population. We on small servers get 0 out of those deployments.

New World Bosses

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i liked clockwork invasions, except they became a champ loot farm.. my waypoint loading screens aren’t that bad.. dunno about everyone else

All the people I know and play with (many of them veterans, playing since beta, not noobs like me) just ignored the new teq since day one.

yearp, that’d be mee.. they went ahead and implemented previously unfinished content that should have just been scrapped for something less convoluted
arenanet’s two settings: babysteps and bull in a china-shop.. hopefully these events will be a nice even pace for everyone.. tequatl was just too big a change for an already known world boss..  Also, the watchknight puppet isn’t permanent.. i hope we don’t have whining about that like we did fireworks.. they ran those fireworks every few hours for 3 days Straight

x)available to everyone
x)not impossible, but not boring
x)worth doing, but not a farm

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

New World Bosses

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

We already have a giant wurm world boss, except the next one is to have more difficulty. Okay.

Giant mech creature hanging by chains, we’ve had that too. With any luck we’ll still be playing Guild Wars 2 and not War of the Worlds.

Please rename update to Recycled Madness, thank you.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

(edited by Teege.4623)

New World Bosses

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Don’t worry about anything. The TTS Guild is already coming up with potential strategies for the new boss. We aim to be the the World’s First mega-wurm kill. After mastering Teq, we look forward to this new challenge. Then we’ll run him and Teq daily!

I’m happy for you. That however doesn’t do anything for me – and not only because i have never seen your guild on my server. Basically, the fact that the event is doable for some big guilds with some creative exploitation of game mechanics doesn’t mean it’s not broken for everyone else.

“Boss requires 100 people, zone hold 110 people before it kicks to overflow. Seriously???”

You hate Teq or you hate how overflow works making the boss difficult because it’s hard to get an organized group? Because those are very different reasons.

The fight itself is indeed enjoyable (for the selected few), but the fact remains that it is designed to frustrate most of the people that would attempt it (and not because they lack skill).

If there was a better way to circumvent the overflow issue and the coordination needed at the beginning of the patch I think a lot more people would have enjoyed Teq and encounters like these.

But there isn’t. The main part of the problem is that the fight is designed in a way that forces all those issues to the fore. So yes, i agree, if the fight was designed better, it might have been more enjoyable – but currently it’s not designed so well.

Even though I’m a member of TTS, I agree with the above concerns. Fortunately ANet did say they were aware of the issues surrounding Tequatl and his “accessibility”, so here’s hoping it’ll be addressed during OoM and subsequent updates.

Oh, they did? Last time i saw, they were saying that Tequatl was one of the best designed boss encounters ever. That didn’t sound like they realized how many problems are associated with it. Quite the opposite.

Yes, that was also mentioned in the same interview. Basically, they like it from a technical perspective, with the way the whole event flows together and scales up to remain challenging for large numbers of players.

Yes, exactly – they have no idea what’s wrong with their design (hint: it doesn’t scale up to remain challenging for large number of players. In fact, it doesn’t scale at all).

But later on in that same interview, they also said they recognised that there were “accessibility” issues with Tequatl, and I suspect they mean things like constantly running into overflows, players having to camp for hours in the instance beforehand etc. Tequatl is HARD (and personally I do think his rewards need to be buffed a tad, like perhaps a guaranteed Exotic once per account per day), but I think ANet wants to see groups of people always showing up to fight Teq when he spawns (like the other World Bosses) rather than everybody just camping in specific servers/overflows after reset and then having Teq all but abandoned for the rest of the day afterwards. It basically means that anybody who isn’t in TTS or happens to play at or near reset would never get a decent chance to kill Tequatl, which is what I believe they want to address.

That would be good, except for the fact that they apparently don’t seem to think that it’s exactly the design they consider so wonderful that is the cause of the problems they want to address.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New World Bosses

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I don’t see them making it as hard as the new Tequatl. harder yes with some special mechanics but not likely as hard as Tequatl.

#ELEtism

New World Bosses

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I’m hoping for future world bosses something like the revamped Fire elemental fight. Challenging, but not super long (hey Svanir shaman and Shatterer) and doesn’t require 100 players.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Random world bosses that destroy entire cities and such would be epic.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’m glad I’ve pretty much given up GW2- still play some days for daily to collect laurels, only need another 300 to finish off one toon’s assecories, so by the end of the year I might have ascended rings etc for one toon- nothing like time gating and making them untradeable to lose players.

Teq is a wasteland on the majority of servers for the majority of spawns- ANet’s own internal figures should tell them this. If they revamp the other two dragons like this one then that’s two more spots in the world that will become mostly ignored after the rush dies down.

People who work for a living don’t want to spend what precious little leisure time they have standing around, manipulating overflows, etc for 1-2 hours so they can follow some convoluted monkey steps to defeat one dragon. Some people enjoy it- no idea why, but they do. But the vast majority of every server DON’T, as is clear if you ask people when was the last time they even thought of doing Teq.

Do more content like this and you lose more players- not a smart move with another MMO due out at the start of April.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

New World Bosses

KOPPER.1458

Basically, the fact that the event is doable for some big guilds with some creative exploitation of game mechanics doesn’t mean it’s not broken for everyone else.

Whoa lets not accuse others of “creative exploitation”. How do you believe these players are exploiting the game?

The fight itself is indeed enjoyable (for the selected few), but the fact remains that it is designed to frustrate most of the people that would attempt it (and not because they lack skill).

Select few? If the maps are constantly full and several maps are killing the boss I would not call that a select few. How was it designed to frustrate most players? Because they can’t solo it? It’s was not meant to be small group content. If I need sources for “most players enjoyed Teq” then other certainly need sources that “select few” enjoyed him. I wouldn’t go calling that a fact.

But there isn’t. The main part of the problem is that the fight is designed in a way that forces all those issues to the fore. So yes, i agree, if the fight was designed better, it might have been more enjoyable – but currently it’s not designed so well.

I am missing something here, what about the fight is designed to force overflow to the front? Because it requires a large amount of people? Is that it’s inherent flaw? Because this happens with nearly every world boss in the game. The claw of jormag constantly fills up maps and it hasn’t even been revamped yet. It’s overflow and priority that needs a look at (my opinion, not fact).

Yes, exactly – they have no idea what’s wrong with their design (hint: it doesn’t scale up to remain challenging for large number of players. In fact, it doesn’t scale at all).

I think this assumption is wrong. It doesn’t need to scale up for more players. Having more players there doesn’t necessarily mean success in that fight. And It does scale the number of mobs that spawn at the turrets. Hence the constant issue of afkers near the first jump pad.

The new Wurm (which we don’t know much about) has 3 heads. We know they need to be killed at the same time or they respawn. This alone will require you to split forces and coordinate those kills, at least at first. I realize not all content is for everyone but that sounds fun to me.

We also know that it eats people. I can see there being an AP for getting eaten. If this randomly happens then I can see some people posting that they are frustrated that they haven’t been chosen as a meal.

I would love for AN to add smaller encounters that scale properly, perhaps even be instanced. And that is a suggestion I would make to them, but I also enjoy these large encounters. There are down sides to them for sure. I am hoping they address some of these.

New World Bosses

KOPPER.1458

I’m glad I’ve pretty much given up GW2- still play some days for daily to collect laurels, only need another 300 to finish off one toon’s assecories, so by the end of the year I might have ascended rings etc for one toon- nothing like time gating and making them untradeable to lose players.

There are many ways to acquire a number of those items. Signing in to get 1 laurel per day and 10 for the month is the easiest longest way to achieve this. It would be nice if there were even more ways. However, you could wvw to lessen the cost on all of those. You can do guild missions or join a guild for missions once a week to get accessories. Fractals will enable you to get back and rings as well, either earned or RNG. And finally backs are craftable. Expensive but craftable.

People who work for a living don’t want to spend what precious little leisure time they have standing around, manipulating overflows, etc for 1-2 hours so they can follow some convoluted monkey steps to defeat one dragon. Some people enjoy it- no idea why, but they do.

This really is the biggest issue. Also people tend to enjoy the fight itself not the “monkey steps” in order to get into the fight. At least I’ve never heard anyone say they like that.

Do more content like this and you lose more players- not a smart move with another MMO due out at the start of April.

This doesn’t matter as much as most players think it does. Off Topic but MMO players will flock to a new MMO either because they think the grass is greener (usually isn’t) or because there is simply a new world to explore. (there are other reasons, this is simplified)

When looking at past releases the majority of the population buy a new game, play for a few months and move on to the next one or return to an old one. This year there will be many releases, and so much flocking will ensue. The plus side for AN is that there is no monetary barrier for players to return which can often be a deterrent in other MMOs.

On top of this many of these “new” MMO are offering the same things AN is currently adding. Large scale events for tons of players. While some of them may or may not have an overflow like system to deal with, they will have their own set of problems.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

What is needed for such big group events is that they address the issue with guesting. IMO accounts that have a server as their homeworld should be prioritized and because of that should be favored instead of guested accounts. I think this would solve quite a lot of whining about the overflow issue and would possibly lead to the less populated worlds doing that kind of stuff as well. In this case people couldn´t take up your slots anymore, couldn´t “steal” your loot and would be forced to organise their own community on their homeserver

New World Bosses

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

I do not understand the dislike of Teq, it is the single best encounter they have added to the game since release and it is still being done(just like karka queen is also being killed now all of a sudden, which is nice to see, very nice)

Another boss like Teq is highly welcome, sure Teq is not killed everyday on every server but it shouldnt be like that either way. A few fights in the game where a server bands up together and advertises the coming kill is just awesome

New World Bosses

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Teq was abandoned because the rewards don’t justify the time.
That’s all there is to it.

Edited: I was wrong on this last paragraph.

(edited by nexxe.7081)

New World Bosses

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

Teq has not been abandoned, he is killed daily on multiple server by hundreds of players each time. Other than adding some poisonous fish heads to the beach, he hasn’t impacted the ability of players to explore Sparkfly so the claim he has caused the area to be abandoned is suspect. The fact is that some people like Teq and some don’t. Some people will like the new boss and some won’t. People enjoying the new bosses aren’t going to impact your play.

Guild warrior for life!

New World Bosses

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

There are those who rise to the challenge jump the bar where it is and those who want to lower the bar just to make it easier. do you have any other argument then I can’t do it make it easier. Most servers who kill are doing it with 7-9mins to spare so there is that if anything i would argue make teq harder and boost the rewards which would make teq more viable as difficult content.

Teq isn’t the only world boss in the game if you want the mini buy it of trading post it is pritty cheap now.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Teq are for raiders. If you don’t like raiding, Teq is not for you.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Let’s be honest here, for the vast, vast majority of people in the Tequatl fight there is little to no individual skill required.

The people on the turrets have nearly all the power/responsibility in that fight. Done right, defending the turrets isn’t any more difficult than any other open world PVE. Everyone else just stands in a certain location and does as much damage as they can while jumping/dodging periodically. It ain’t rocket science.

So why does it fail? Well, as said the encounter itself is not really “difficult” as such, it’s just an encounter that requires 80-100 or so players, the problem is that a number of those 80-100 people are basically just in the way. They stay dead and expect to be ressed or too many of them fight around the turret area causing champs to spawn or they’re just AFKing on the turrets. They’re doing this because they either just don’t know what to do and don’t care to learn/change or because they’re flat out trolling (a tiny minority).

In a game like GW2 that is built on open-world content that people are encouraged to just jump into creating content where a handful of other people can be the cause of failure doesn’t seem like a good idea.

BTW, I’m in a slayer guild that has killed him several times in the past, so my “problem” is not that I can’t do it (although I don’t really know how much credit any individual can take for a Tequatl kill), it’s just that it’s content that’s out of place. Make the open world Tequatl easier and put the difficult Tequatl into a guild “raid” (maybe accessed through the fractals and complete with difficulty levels) and it’d be perfect.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

New World Bosses

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Problem with Tequatl isn’t the difficulty, the problem is the 1 hour queque.

Tequatl isn’t fun or rewarding enough for a 1 hour wait.

The problem is that the encounter was designed so that you need 100 players but the zone holds only 110 players, so you have to:

1. Organize enough players so that the boss can be beat, but also
2. Show up early because if enough players do want to show up, a lot of them will be kicked out if they didn’t arrive early enough.

End result is frustration.

Future bosses should be (and I don’t care whether they are harder or not) doable with about the same amount of people as jormag

Or the timers should be removed.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

New World Bosses

Fafnir.5124

For one you don’t sit at teq for an hour you do a Champ train. If you spawn an of all champs are up. So If you are just sitting around for an hour you are probably very board. 2nd Teq like Karka queen has exotics that drop very commonly at least 5x drop rate of other bosses. It also has very rare chance to drop an item worth 100g+ Acended weapon without needing crafting and a mini worth 30g. Considering it was 1000g when new teq came out reward significantly dropped for teq. You have guaranteed 3 rares and 2g for killing teq also.

As in any MMORPG it is all RNG though

New World Bosses

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

One of the big reasons I feel people dont like the Teq fight is the wait time to fight him. I promise you people line up everyday at reset to fight Teq on Stormbluff Isle. So people definitely like the fight. The wait times could be addressed if they made the fight “SCALE” or if they raised the zone capacity. Putting it into an instance is not the best solution because then you need to be in a big guild or find a group that is willing to take you to complete the content. I personally think its a blast working along side with people from my server to take down a boss.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

New World Bosses

Fafnir.5124

Honestly the problem is gold inflation when the game first started 2gold would have been a lot of money. remember 10g for precursors…

New World Bosses

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I think Anet is going in the right direction with the harder world bosses, Just failing at the delivery of them.

Scaling issue. You should NOT NEED 80+ players to take down a world boss. NONE of the other world bosses are like that. So why start now? A group of 6-20 should be able to hunt and take down the new harder world bosses. Using the same mechanics that are used by the 80+ players.

Loot: I think the rewards should scale how the boss scales. With every 10 players in the area beating on XYZ boss, the Boss gets % harder. And every % harder he gets, adds MF (or something) to his internal loot table. With the maps maxing at 100~ Players, that could be a max of 10% MF internally to that boss. (This could be applied to any encounter, really.)

And at a full Map there should be a guaranteed 1-3 BiS (Currently Ascended) Item drops to that Map(Not per Player). Which is given out like a raffel/Lottery, RNG. That way if you do Teq2.0 or Wurm2.0 for 4 months you have a 100% chance to get a BiS item if you devote enough time to it.

Currently there is NO incentive to continue doing XYZ world boss encounter because you can just craft what you want, like Ascended. (again, same kind of time limits that I would like to see imposed, above) – Face it everyone, Loot and shiny objects are why 90% of the player base even does content!

Time: Then the other issue is the Time limit. I think all World Boss types need to share the same Time Limit, and I would like to see that Time Limit scale DOWN depending on how many players are present. AND add achievements for beating XYZ boss in under ABC time.

Boring: Static encounters get boring after, 15times you run them (My Personal APX). There needs to be more dynamic added to the boss’s (EVERYTHING really) fight scripts. Another posted said it and gave a couple GREAT ideas. Have the Boss move around the map, destory objects, Eat players/NPCs, throw players around the zone…you know, anything that would be more interesting them standing in a 600 range and doing your 1-2 jobs until the target is dead.

IMHO, the current encounters are all trivial and boring. Even MORE boring then when I used to raid in WoW (25man Heroics). It only takes 3 hours to wipe out every world boss in the game, and thats with 135~ Players fighting for entry into your home server map(s). And these Boss Trains dont even consider doing Teq2.0 anymore. I expect the same will happen with the new boss thats being added with this patch.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

New World Bosses

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Basically, the fact that the event is doable for some big guilds with some creative exploitation of game mechanics doesn’t mean it’s not broken for everyone else.

Whoa lets not accuse others of “creative exploitation”. How do you believe these players are exploiting the game?

The main way would be to change an open world event into an instanced raid by using specially spawned overflows, to prevent main failure point of the event – random people – from joining.

Select few? If the maps are constantly full and several maps are killing the boss I would not call that a select few.

Let’s be generous and say that it’s being done by as much as five (…kittening numerals? oh, please, fix that filter already) thousand people each week (which is generous as most of the people are the same each attempt, and it’s not being done on most servers at all). That is a really small minority compared to the number of active players this game is supposed to have.

How was it designed to frustrate most players? Because they can’t solo it?

No, because they can’t (by design) access it.

I am missing something here, what about the fight is designed to force overflow to the front? Because it requires a large amount of people? Is that it’s inherent flaw? Because this happens with nearly every world boss in the game.

No, there is no other event in the game that requires people close to the zone cap. Jormag can be done with 30 people, for example – but if you haven’t triggered overflow on Teq, then you almost certainly don’t have enough people to do him.

I think this assumption is wrong. It doesn’t need to scale up for more players. Having more players there doesn’t necessarily mean success in that fight. And It does scale the number of mobs that spawn at the turrets. Hence the constant issue of afkers near the first jump pad.

You misunderstood me. Saying that it scales up to remain challenging for large number of players implies that it can be done with lesser number of players as well – which is simply not true. It doesn’t scale up, because it has already been designed for max possible number of players.

I would love for AN to add smaller encounters that scale properly, perhaps even be instanced. And that is a suggestion I would make to them, but I also enjoy these large encounters. There are down sides to them for sure. I am hoping they address some of these.

There is simply no place for those large scale encounters in open world. Not unless they scale down. It is of course possible that the new event will scale down, but what devs said up to that point doesn’t give me hope for that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New World Bosses

Posted by: Nodo.6907

Nodo.6907

I love and welcome the harder bosses that involve more coordination to defeat them. The only down side is these new boss mechanics come at the expense of time wasted in game to take part in these events(please understand this is merely opinion and PoV). Loot drops and shinies are awesome, wonderful, great…but I enjoy these encounters for the experience and to see what ANet can do with bosses. Loot is a bonus, I don’t care what I get in the end.

I don’t enjoy having to show up hours early to secure my spot. Since that is the nature of how these things go, I only wish it could be improved on but not at the expense of pulling changes like this out of production. I’m all for these new boss mechanics and hope they keep adding them into their cycles.

The only thing I have noticed as a player is that you have guilds who log in hours early and place their toon there to ferry people over. I’m not jealous, I understand this is what happens. I came back to the game a month or so ago and have finished the Tequatl achievements, so I have gotten in(defeated him 2 times in Overflow). I had to make the personal adjustment to accomplish these achievements but I did it. It wasn’t the best experience from a players perspective but it’s not always hugs and rainbows when you want to do something in these games.

Last time I was part of the kill(on my server and not in overflow), I had received enough Karma to get something I had wanted. I left the zone to get it only to hear people in TS advise others to just wait for the next Teq kill, some 2 hours later.

Sure enough, I had already left the zone and wasn’t aware it was like that. I instantly tried to zone back in, but was taken to overflow. To test this, I did map completion for Sparkfly Den to see if a spot opened up, it did not. So there are guilds reserving spots for Teq kills. It won’t last I’m sure but you do need organization to make this kill happen and am glad to see guilds on the map to make the encounter a success…it’s kind of a catch 22.

I, myself, really wouldn’t want to wait 2 hours for all that. There are champs there you can occupy your time with though so it’s not ALL bad. Now that I have gotten the achievements for Teq, I don’t make it an issue to get to Teq. I have tried many times since the last time I downed him, but in 3 weeks, have not made it in, only to overflow.

It’s to the point that I don’t stop what I’m doing to attempt to get in because it’s practically impossible for the average joe. I do try still, mostly for my own testing purposes to see, but never get in. It’s true, guilds do reserve this zone for their own peeps and I guess that’s part of being in a guild. Unfortunately, it sucks for those not in guilds that have dedicated people in these zones.

For the record, I’m not complaining….just illustrating an example and experience I had with Tequatl. I will wait out the Worm too, I’m sure achievements will be involved…but to have these tough bosses and map caps so low, it’s pretty hard to get in with your own server to fight it, especially with all the guesting.

Overflow can be successful tho but well….you know! I say bring on new boss mechanics and the players who really do want to down them will. I will make it some time or another and I applaud any new things ANet adds to these encounters.

Name- Nodo
Server – Yak’s Bend

(edited by Nodo.6907)

New World Bosses

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

If they make it a guild-only instance, then I won’t be able to do it. I have no desire to be in a huge guild that forces its members to be on at certain times to do content.

So I like the fact that Teq is open-world, and I like the fact that she’s hard to take down.

At least in an open world encounter, I don’t have to have the same worries I do with instanced content.

“We don’t like that you don’t have ascended weapons, so we’re kicking you out of our dungeon group. Bye!”

“We want to sell your spot. Pay us 10 gold or you can’t kill Tequatl with us. Bye!”

“I understand you were having an off day and you couldn’t log on, but you have to show up every time our guild takes down Tequatl. Bye!”

Yeeeaaaah. I’d much rather take my chances with an open world boss. At least then I’m guaranteed to be able to beat her multiple times.

New World Bosses

Fafnir.5124

What is needed for such big group events is that they address the issue with guesting. IMO accounts that have a server as their homeworld should be prioritized and because of that should be favored instead of guested accounts. I think this would solve quite a lot of whining about the overflow issue and would possibly lead to the less populated worlds doing that kind of stuff as well. In this case people couldn´t take up your slots anymore, couldn´t “steal” your loot and would be forced to organise their own community on their homeserver

first come first served get in line

New World Bosses

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

Hope it will be little harder than Tequatl, he was killed only few hours after they put him in game, now people kill him naked without armor or just zerg him without using cannon.

New World Bosses

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I hope that this ‘teq difficulty’ stuff is only speculation, I already forgot how Splintered Coast looks like… I hate this teamspeak coordinated, schematic zergfest, I really do.

It’s not that bad. I’ve killed Taco many times with TTS & never used an voice stuff at all.

New World Bosses

Fafnir.5124

Hope it will be little harder than Tequatl, he was killed only few hours after they put him in game, now people kill him naked without armor or just zerg him without using cannon.

you must mean verson 1 verson 2 it took 1 week servers where fighting to be the first till Black gate got first kill. Congrats. In most servers zergs wouldn’t listen to commanders or get fire elemental powders which is why they usually fail.

New World Bosses

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

From what I’ve read the wurm boss will be similar in difficultly to Tequatl and for story you only need to fight the boss, which makes me thankful I’m in TTS at the moment. I’d join a Teq slaying guild before this boss patches as I imagine they’ll be recruiting in the lead up to this update.

The difficulty doesn’t bother me, but if the rewards aren’t better than then champ trains, then it will just be abandoned like Teq was. A-net really needs to balance which content gives rewards, and make some content give exclusive rewards. I’m not sure if they already do this, but it would help utilize the more abandoned world bosses.

just because you got lucky means nothing

New World Bosses

Netko.9271

you must mean verson 1 verson 2 it took 1 week servers where fighting to be the first till Black gate got first kill. Congrats. In most servers zergs wouldn’t listen to commanders or get fire elemental powders which is why they usually fail.

No I mean this version, it took less then day for first kill, yes lot’s of people had problem first few days, but like I said, now Tequatl can be killed without armor or without using cannons, it is just to easy.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

No I mean this version, it took less then day for first kill, yes lot’s of people had problem first few days, but like I said, now Tequatl can be killed without armor or without using cannons, it is just to easy.

Could you provide videos for this? I really can’t see how people can do this unless Tequatl bugs or something. As far as I know, best time remaining for Teq is around 7:30 mins.

Ps.: If memory serves right, Blackgate took it down after a week or so first.

New World Bosses

Netko.9271

Could you provide videos for this? I really can’t see how people can do this unless Tequatl bugs or something. As far as I know, best time remaining for Teq is around 7:30 mins.

Ps.: If memory serves right, Blackgate took it down after a week or so first.

Your memory is wrong :P
http://www.twitch.tv/flickky/c/2951634
This is video of first kill, from September 18, Tequatl Rising come on September 17 and video was upload hours after first kill.

For Teq kill, naked kill:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_KdmHmVx4

Don’t have video for kill without cannons, but you can look here for screens:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1tzbwy/txs_yolo_tequatl_turrets_what_are_turrets_lets/

New World Bosses

Bubi.7942

Huh, my memory is wrong, been browsing the Archives for dates and it’s true! Sept 18th is the first Blackgate kill.

Gonna check out the videos when I get home, thanks for posting!

New World Bosses

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Ugh, the constant beating around the bush is tiresome.

Again, the fight itself isn’t the problem. Nobody is argueing that Teq can’t be beaten. The fight itself is just poorly implemented and has no real place in the spirit of the game.

No boss encounter, especially a world boss, should require you to join certain guilds and in fact bypass regular gameplay by deliberately setting up overflows for the select few who get invited in. And no, the chance of beating it by going about this the “normal” way for world bosses is abyssmally low.

But I’m just repeating the same old same. I would like to enjoy the new bosses, but the way things are looking right now I’m not getting my hopes up.

I like a challenge, but for that I first have to actually be able to access it.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

New World Bosses

Bubi.7942

Ugh, the constant beating around the bush is tiresome.

Again, the fight itself isn’t the problem. Nobody is argueing that Teq can’t be beaten. The fight itself is just poorly implemented and has no real place in the spirit of the game.

No boss encounter, especially a world boss, should require you to join certain guilds and in fact bypass regular gameplay by deliberately setting up overflows for the select few who get invited in. And no, the chance of beating it by going about this the “normal” way for world bosses is abyssmally low.

But I’m just repeating the same old same. I would like to enjoy the new bosses, but the way things are looking right now I’m not getting my hopes up.

I like a challenge, but for that I first have to actually be able to access it.

The problem with this, is that you are assuming it can ONLY be killed by guilds assigned to do so.

Like many in this thread said before, servers are killing him on their own – whitout the help of any special guilds.

And I’ll repeat: I’m from Whiteside Ridge, we are next to last in WvW with Vabbi – so you can imagine our numbers and organization. If we could do it, I’m 100% sure everyone else can as well.

Also, we are not killing it on an overflow.

And this is my assumption: the servers who are unable to beat it on their own, are just lazy.

New World Bosses

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Personally I hope it’s easier then Tequatl. I never managed to defeat him. The premise of a large world boss where you have to be in a specific server, specific guild, and specific overflow even to get a remote chance of defeating it kills the purpose of “free for all” content they promised at the launch. I get the purpose behind it, and I understand what they were trying to accomplish with it but if you ask me, it terribly broken atm.

If this trend continues, they need to think long and hard before implementing such bosses/changes because it’s apparent that this type of content is not available to the majority of players. I think that such encounters should be reserved for some kind of elite dungeons like FoW/UW and others from GW1 used to be.

That being said I am not too excited about those new bosses but we’ll see how it plays out. Hopefully they learned some of their mistakes with Teq.

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

New World Bosses

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I’d like them to be more multi-stage fights where you have to watch out for different things, something like Jormag would work, but I definitely do not want to see another Tequatl trainwreck. Sparkly on my server has become a ghost-town ever since that update.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The problem isnt the complexity of the Tequatl fight (we need more complex world fights that require coordination).

The problem is the arbitrary large number requirements associated with that fight.

World bosses – even complex ones – should scale from 25 players and up, not 80. Not everyone plays on Blackgate – and not everyone enjoys having to join a secondary guild just so they can experience what should be reasonably accessible on every server.

They should be designed so that the average mid sized guild can tackle them (with maybe some help from a few stragglers and pugs). These bosses would be an awesome alternative to raiding – but requiring 80+ semi-coordinated players is unrealistic with current server pve populations.

My prediction for Tuesday is you will see a flood of players guesting to servers like Blackgate, Desolation and Jade Quarry. As much as I despise the idea, I may even have to be one of them.

My plea to the developers is simple – look at the populations of all servers when designing these fights. We know from other games that difficult, fun, complex 25 man content is very possible. Moving the required number of players down from 80 to 25 and then scaling from that point would solve this issue nicely.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

New World Bosses

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I am just getting sick of the world bosses. The mechanics are terrible for most of them.
Jormag is a good example, run to dragon, fear, run away, run back, fear, run away, repeat and rinse. I had had many time where I would run repeatedly back and forth never even getting a chance to get a single skill off. The fire ele is similar, one shot to knock you down, then they bounce your body all over the place so you can’t even attempt to rally. If a boss can completely shut you down so you cannot even use a single skill, that is not fun, it’s just poor mechanics.

New World Bosses

KOPPER.1458

The fight itself is just poorly implemented and has no real place in the spirit of the game.

How so? How does this ruin the spirit of the game? I assume it ruins it because it “has no place”.

It’s already been pointed out there is no need to join a special guild in order to kill this boss. Blackgate had no such guild for many of it’s kills. I’ve never run into that guild actually.

I’ve never seen people “invite” specific people into this fight. You want to kill it? Get on TS and find out where they are. Even this isn’t a requirement anymore. I randomly killed him with commanders and players I’ve never even seen before yesterday.

Define “the normal way”. Is the normal way how you kill all other world bosses? If so, then no thanks.

Accessibility is certainly an issue, but this has more to do with map limits and not the boss itself. If they added any new boss regardless of difficulty it will get flood. The only thing making it easy does is allows any group to kill it. We have tons of bosses like this in game already.

The premise of a large world boss where you have to be in a specific server, specific guild, and specific overflow even to get a remote chance of defeating it kills the purpose of “free for all” content they promised at the launch.

See above, most of those things listed are not required. Perhaps at one time it helped greatly to be on TS (and I promise you, you’ll need it for the wurm) but you do not need a special guild in order to win, or a special server. Some server will have an easier time than others but if a server wants to kill it, eventually they do.

As for “free for all” content. What does this mean? We have a boat load of zerg, “press 1” content already. Do players really want more of this? Does “free for all” mean solo content?

I definitely do not want to see another Tequatl trainwreck. Sparkly on my server has become a ghost-town ever since that update.

What was a train wreck about it? Sparkfly was a ghost-town before this change and it hasn’t changed it any since the fight except for a few weeks. I find it hard to believe that sparkfly was a bustling center for activity before the Teq patch.

They should be designed so that the average mid sized guild can tackle them (with maybe some help from a few stragglers and pugs).

How large is this? 25 (the number you mentioned above). I have nothing against them scaling it like so as you mentioned. But it is very difficult to design a fight that scales in that way.

What scales? It’s health? It’s attacks? New mechanics with more players? (this encourages large mobs to come out to see them) Number of mobs spawned? I cry out for proper scaling all the time. I would almost call myself a champion for the scaling cause. But reality is this, like game balance seems like it’s very difficult to strike a happy medium. Would love to see it though.

but requiring 80+ semi-coordinated players is unrealistic with current server pve populations.

If this is true then it’s time to start thinking about server populations and how to deal with that rather then not design large scale encounters.

am just getting sick of the world bosses. The mechanics are terrible for most of them.
Jormag is a good example, run to dragon, fear, run away, run back, fear, run away, repeat and rinse. I had had many time where I would run repeatedly back and forth never even getting a chance to get a single skill off. The fire ele is similar, one shot to knock you down, then they bounce your body all over the place so you can’t even attempt to rally. If a boss can completely shut you down so you cannot even use a single skill, that is not fun, it’s just poor mechanics.

Really? There are utilities that help circumvent a lot of these types of attacks. Those skills you listed are annoying but not what I would call “poor mechanics.” Look at your utilities there should be some which will help you in those fights.

Sorry for the long post. I enjoy this thread.