10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Oh god, the love from the SoS community is overwhelming, cannot handle this anymore.

Keep crying, won’t fix your scores.

p.s: and the repair fee every time you walk out of spawn.

What repair fee-has been none for me since I am always outmanned. As well as english, learn history. We only dropped to T4

Kuora you just got seeeeerved! SoR’s matchup thread is always the most entertaining. Now what if we had SoR, SBI and maguma in the same match! :O

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Oh god, the love from the SoS community is overwhelming, cannot handle this anymore.

While the SoR trolls are so adorable arent they?
And what repair fees?outmanned most of the day.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

First, I wanna say hi to all the old server mates over on SoR. Have not seen you since that friday after reset of exodus versus SoR and TC. This time around, we can queue a map so its been a bit better. Secondly, I and a whole lot of us have missed fighting SoS. Those SoS/CD match ups in tier 4 were a whole lot of fun. Its been an interesting weekend and I honestly didnt expect to tick over 50 on average, but we have managed ok.

We needed to have one of these weeks in the worst way, I thought it would have been versus Mag/Fa but it did not, and Mag started to let up the pressure especially with farming players about halfway through the week. It is unfortunate that with the league changes we will either be the door rug for gold or the karma train for silver. I hope we can continue to improve and find out who really wants to stick around.

PS, stay away from the grub, or there will be trouble.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

SoS complaining about numbers is the most amusing thing I have heard of. You were the most ever stacked server in the history of GW2 WvW

It is hilarious when people claim this.

This is SoR when they had about the same amount of asian coverage as they do now (probably a little less tbh):
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/41/10

Note: they did not have any EU, they did have LUN however which start during really early NA. SoR lost 2 asian guilds after that to BG I think. SoS got like 3 more NA guilds after this/before they reached T1. That was about it until free transfers when they got ND and VoTF for that short period.

Now unless you want to talk about top guilds (at the time) then maybe I can see it. The NA crew on SoS were pretty much the best at the time.

A early HoD/JQ/SoS battle would be no contest, “#1” SoS would be like a T3 server in that matchup.

This post brings back memories, this match up had to of been one of the best match up’s to date for this game. The score fluctuated so much with SoR leading one night and SoS taking the lead the next, it literally came down to the end for deciding which realm would win.
“Now unless you want to talk about top guilds (at the time) then maybe I can see it. The NA crew on SoS were pretty much the best at the time.”
For the players/guilds actually involved in this match, I’m sure the history is quite different. Typically NA would be slightly won by SoR with the slightly more off covered SoS ticking higher during the day. Saying either server was stacked during this match is laughable, both of our servers were on the rise after both received an influx of guilds shortly before this match begun. I’m still of the belief that if SoR had won, we would of filled SoS’s shoes when they climbed to T1, and SoS would be in our position now. This match up was the deciding factor for the state of WvW for many month’s as a large assortment of guilds transferred to the winner of this match-up, thus creating the first properly covered server.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

AH hello SoS and SBI , sworn enemies of JQ

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Thanks SBI for the random group open field 50vs50 fights on your border. Some awesome fights there, not so much fun when you wiped us though

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

This match has made my map completion a pipe dream.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Had some fantastic fights with TE in SBI bl today and then TE and BEAST in SoR BL. Hope to see you guys out in during the rest of the week for more fights. And that golem rush on SBI hills by Abys and other assorted SBI members was good, you guys almost caught us out there.

Beast member, reporting in!

Those were some absolutely fantastic and fun fights! We weren’t too worried about the outcome, we just knew we wanted to get some great battles in and work on training some in-battle commanders! What better way than to fight SoR? We won some fights, we lost some fights. All was awesome. Shout outs to our opponents (I saw DIE, TW, and a few others… I’m sorry if I missed you. I was focusing on not dying! Haha) and shout out to our comrades TE, DR, and the others!

Oh, and I say this in the most friendly teasing way (cause lets be honest, we don’t have much in the way of map to brag about), I hope you enjoyed your paper Bay, SoR!

I was there from SOR. Was fun!

OP’d thief, lol

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

SoS complaining about numbers is the most amusing thing I have heard of. You were the most ever stacked server in the history of GW2 WvW

It is hilarious when people claim this.

This is SoR when they had about the same amount of asian coverage as they do now (probably a little less tbh):
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/41/10

Note: they did not have any EU, they did have LUN however which start during really early NA. SoR lost 2 asian guilds after that to BG I think. SoS got like 3 more NA guilds after this/before they reached T1. That was about it until free transfers when they got ND and VoTF for that short period.

Now unless you want to talk about top guilds (at the time) then maybe I can see it. The NA crew on SoS were pretty much the best at the time.

A early HoD/JQ/SoS battle would be no contest, “#1” SoS would be like a T3 server in that matchup.

This post brings back memories, this match up had to of been one of the best match up’s to date for this game. The score fluctuated so much with SoR leading one night and SoS taking the lead the next, it literally came down to the end for deciding which realm would win.
“Now unless you want to talk about top guilds (at the time) then maybe I can see it. The NA crew on SoS were pretty much the best at the time.”
For the players/guilds actually involved in this match, I’m sure the history is quite different. Typically NA would be slightly won by SoR with the slightly more off covered SoS ticking higher during the day. Saying either server was stacked during this match is laughable, both of our servers were on the rise after both received an influx of guilds shortly before this match begun. I’m still of the belief that if SoR had won, we would of filled SoS’s shoes when they climbed to T1, and SoS would be in our position now. This match up was the deciding factor for the state of WvW for many month’s as a large assortment of guilds transferred to the winner of this match-up, thus creating the first properly covered server.

Back then, most of the guild leaders on AoI mumble were upset we got bumped up to T1. Guess what? It was really boring compare to fighting you guys SoR. Our numbers start decreasing and guilds were on the verge of dying.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Back when PrX were on SoS – there was no force that could defeat them in WvW (maybe in GvG but that does not matter). I hated those guys but had to admire them.

It’s PrX getting on SoS that got them up (much like WM pulled us, SBI, to T1). When these guilds left their respective server, the falling started.

When PrX was on, neither JQ or SBI could do much.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Back then, most of the guild leaders on AoI mumble were upset we got bumped up to T1. Guess what? It was really boring compare to fighting you guys SoR. Our numbers start decreasing and guilds were on the verge of dying.

It’s a shame we never realized what we had until it was gone, the fights every night were straight up brawls and the score was tight, all this with the 3rd server being non-existent. Lots of good memories that week

[TW]Tempest Wolves

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

This is literally some of the weakest trolling I’ve seen around these parts and people are still feeding it.

It’s like you don’t even have to try anymore =(

agreed worst troll ever. just blabbing random stuff and hoping to insult someone.XD

btw no fa is not tanking. we lost a bunch of guilds and after one of our big na guilds got bought by jq the morale kinda dropped a little and caused some smaller guilds to flee to low tiers, but we will be fine as we are getting our spirit back up….. but yes erm maguma has gotten a ton of transfers.its like double the size of our previous matchup with them.

Truth hurts, I know.

lol that didnt even make sense whatsoever. try again.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Aieo.2815

Back when PrX were on SoS – there was no force that could defeat them in WvW (maybe in GvG but that does not matter). I hated those guys but had to admire them.

It’s PrX getting on SoS that got them up (much like WM pulled us, SBI, to T1). When these guilds left their respective server, the falling started.

I admit PRX made NA prime more refreshing as they can usually hold their own. It took nearly 2 months for the decreased numbers to take effect as everyone else on the server burnt themselves out.

Edit: PRX isn’t the only capable NA guild on the server fyi.

FoE: inactive
HUG: dead
Sexy: dead
VIP: dead
OATH: dead
VI/Work/aTac/OnS: BG
DM: dead
TSym: Stayed until T3
ZN: TC
iR/HL: FA
[Agg]: Became glory chasers
Fang: Still here
RMA: SoR to join up with LUN
ONE: inactive

I may have missed some but these are the guilds I have worked with before the implosion

Effing rallybot

(edited by Aieo.2815)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nolli.8560

Nolli.8560

Just a note: SoR community is not classy enough to keep their word. Good fights though.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Strange, because SoS doesn’t stop running until they have at least a 1:5 advantage.

yes, we do not go into combat until we have 8 people to face your 40. Then it’s even odds.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

What repair fee-has been none for me since I am always outmanned. As well as english, learn history. We only dropped to T4

Funny, because whenever I see an SoS zerg, it’s a full server blob and they never have outmanned buff. Greater in numbers, less in skills.

2013 is calling you and wants to know where you’ve been.
A. SoS in T1 is now ancient history
B. You can no longer see if enemies have the outmanned status.

SoR, this guy is dragging down your PvF PPT. Horrendous grammar, no knowledge of WvW, and still holding a torch for things that happened over 9 months ago.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

I’d like to point out that SoS continued to win without PrX, and that they joined in JQ at the end of free transfers in an outrage that we continued to win without them.

SoS owed a lot to PRX, but this false argument that they were carrying our server was disproven back in January.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

I admit PRX made NA prime more refreshing as they can usually hold their own. It took nearly 2 months for the decreased numbers to take effect as everyone else on the server burnt themselves out.

I may have missed some but these are the guilds I have worked with before the implosion

DiE (Darkness is Everywhere), MERC, HL, and VotF were also keep members that kept us going strong.

I miss a lot of the individuals who left but of the guilds I miss VotF’s fun fighting style and TSYM before they got too big to be on anything but a T1 server.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: dragon.8071

dragon.8071

come over to sor. we have the best of prx here. we put prx out of business. they retire on jq before we could show them who was the best.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

“Recent Graduate of Maguuma University with a degree in Forums Politics”

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Aieo.2815

I’d like to point out that SoS continued to win without PrX, and that they joined in JQ at the end of free transfers in an outrage that we continued to win without them.

SoS owed a lot to PRX, but this false argument that they were carrying our server was disproven back in January.

If you weren’t in the know, PRX wants to come back to SoS. We thought JQ needed the NA coverage and for fair competition, we turned them down and told them to transfer to JQ before free transfers end. It turns out JQ have monstrous late SEA coverage. Oh well we had a good run. No point dwelling on the past.

Effing rallybot

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Aieo.2815

DiE (Darkness is Everywhere), MERC, HL, and VotF were also keep members that kept us going strong.

I miss a lot of the individuals who left but of the guilds I miss VotF’s fun fighting style and TSYM before they got too big to be on anything but a T1 server.

I was naming NA guilds. DiE and MERC are oceanic. VoTF is EU. HL is already mentioned with iR.

Effing rallybot

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: dragon.8071

dragon.8071

yes. sos continue to win. sos server was superstacked. when prx left, the server already got too many bandwagonners.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

“Recent Graduate of Maguuma University with a degree in Forums Politics”

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Dear SBI, please stop trebbing dawns from inside your spawn..
Much love xoxo

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

I was there, I was in VI/AoI. SoR was about the only server that could match SoS’s NA crew, thats why I put “pretty much.” Not a certainty, but the SoS NA crew would pull back ppt from the 4-6pm EST pushes (SoS was like BG, except no EU at all) and then end the nights 300+ppt to hand off to oceanic. They also had people like Kurthos and Patone literally playing entire days. Times were way different. lol

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Thanks SBI for the random group open field 50vs50 fights on your border. Some awesome fights there, not so much fun when you wiped us though

Concur with Offski.

Really enjoyed the fights, too bad the numbers thing had it more complicated than it had to be. Hope we do it again before reset. Thanks guys!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

I was there, I was in VI/AoI. SoR was about the only server that could match SoS’s NA crew, thats why I put “pretty much.” Not a certainty, but the SoS NA crew would pull back ppt from the 4-6pm EST pushes (SoS was like BG, except no EU at all) and then end the nights 300+ppt to hand off to oceanic. They also had people like Kurthos and Patone literally playing entire days. Times were way different. lol

#SeaofSwag

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Aieo.2815

#SeaofSwag

First and last SoS community podcast.

Effing rallybot

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

If you weren’t in the know, PRX wants to come back to SoS. We thought JQ needed the NA coverage and for fair competition, we turned them down and told them to transfer to JQ before free transfers end. It turns out JQ have monstrous late SEA coverage. Oh well we had a good run. No point dwelling on the past.

There are still some ex-prx members in JQ. Most have changed guilds and are scattered throughout JQ 24/7 monstrous around the clock SMASH ALL timeframe. JQ has high regards for SoR. That is for sure.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Much love xoxo

What I learned yesterday about SBI: They know their invul spots cold.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jubelum.3472

Jubelum.3472

After fighting a few SoR…. I’m not impressed

I’ll have to say the same for every single SBI and SoS so far.

lol I wouldn’t be talking. 2v7 against SoR and we take out 2! haha gj. Thanks to all the SoR roamers in SoS bl that fed me and my buddy bags I’ll come back tomorrow to claim more!

See?! See SBI! Your comrades are winning great victories against SoR in WvW, we are weak and inferior to you, please come out to WvW, more of you, yes, please come out to WvW with us

Wolfgang Von Goethe [VIG] – Warrior of Rall
“He who defends everything, defends nothing” – Frederick II

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

I don’t think it’s a matter of SoR teaming up on purpose with one or the other servers, there is just 10,000 of them, so they are everywhere.

So this is the guild [Abys] that wanted SoR to pay for their transfer. From what I’ve seen it would not be a good investment.

Hahaha! Thanks for my morning laugh! Actually, our commander was whispered by an SoR on reset night, while we were defending north gate of Hills, and said they would pay for all of our transfers to SoR….so yeah, gotta love the telephone game.

Also, why don’t you go back and re-read what I wrote, maybe you’ll see the sarcasm, and that it wasn’t a knock against SoR, you guys DO have a lot more coverage than us, so it looks like you’re everywhere.

[Abys]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Strange, because SoS doesn’t stop running until they have at least a 1:5 advantage.

yes, we do not go into combat until we have 8 people to face your 40. Then it’s even odds.

Hey that was my line! :P

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

lol I wouldn’t be talking. 2v7 against SoR and we take out 2! haha gj. Thanks to all the SoR roamers in SoS bl that fed me and my buddy bags I’ll come back tomorrow to claim more!

Said by someone on a server that spawncamps yet when the spawncampers see one of them go down they run in droves back in the safety of OL.
Also i can point a momment where 7 sor where afraid to come down from the sm walls against 2 sos and jumped down only when 1 got dced.
Also sor nearly lost aldons and had to toss twice the numbers for a party of 5.
Opportunists exists on both sides,but the server that blobs for most of the day got the most of them too.

We spawncamp because your server is bad, and we go away when we get bored of your badness, not because 1 scrub from our server died. If you really think aldons will decide this matchup in your favour you should go back to t5. oh wait

You mean you spawncamp because my server got robbed of any form of organisation by guilds that got bought by either SoR or JQ or BG.
And as far aldons wasnt gonna win a war ,it only proved how is sor winning this match up.
The match is set on stone and numbers favor the buyers,thats a fact.
Wake me up when you get some solid trashtalk to do,because labeling my server bad when you are hiding behind your blob isnt cutting it.
And while you are at it pat our traitors in the back for crippling us.

Ah, the tears down from t5 all the way up here is delicious. I don’t think lots of guilds here would leave even if they got paid by BG or JQ, your server must have done a mighty good job keeping the community together when 9/10 the server was bought initially anyway.

SoS complaining about numbers is the most amusing thing I have heard of. You were the most ever stacked server in the history of GW2 WvW, and you lost it because you had no community, only a group of people kept together by a strand.

You’re trying to tell me SoS doesn’t blob? Hahahahahaha

/epicfacepalm
First time i see a troll pwn itself out of something stupid it said.
You just failed miserably.

and so do you when you command;) run more pls when you outnumber us 2-to-1 against our non tagged up group

That’s somebodies server you’re mocking be more respectful.

im not mocking the server, im just trying to provoke a fight xD moar fights ingame pls

zerg less and you might be able to keep your bay.

Which Bay? We have so many ^.^

Hahaha! I actually lol’ed out loud at that, because it’s true.

[Abys]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: MountainPanda.5831

MountainPanda.5831

Any guild want to gvg with us since theres nothing much for us to do during SEA time? Those “zomg me too leet, I beat 1000 SOR with 5” are welcome. We take 15 v 15 or 20 v 20.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

See?! See SBI! Your comrades are winning great victories against SoR in WvW, we are weak and inferior to you, please come out to WvW, more of you, yes, please come out to WvW with us

Actually, we have been winning great battles against you, and we have been losing great battles against you as well. I have had a blast this week so far.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renegade.8417

Renegade.8417

Much love xoxo

after being wiped by similar/smaller numbers they love the invuln

Attachments:

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Much love xoxo

after being wiped by similar/smaller numbers they love the invuln

Hopefully I don’t get dinged for not being on the train in the first screen shot

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

If one day I buy a commander tag of my own, I’ll probably become one of the most defensive commanders ever … after taking SM, I’d immediately lay down 10 ACs and Ballistas, covering both inner gates, running supply from Overlook, Pang and Speldan to do it.

Well if you did that then you’d be acting like an SoR commander, and servers like SoS would troll you and say you can only win by blobbing.

Screw what servers like SoS think to hell and back. Do whatever wins the game.

As one of the most defensive commanders on SBI, I can tell you it is not as easy as it sounds. We’ve had completely sieged towers fall to the sheer number of SOR’s forces. They will push in, wipe your eleventy billion pieces of siege, then proceed to eat you for breakfast.
It can be fun to hold/farm them as long as possible, but yah…

Last week during the TC / SoS / DB matchup, there was a brief period when SoS held SM. There was again no siege in SM at all, but for whatever reason, although there were active TC and DB zergs on the map and trebs had punched wholes in SM outer wall, neither attempted to take SM immediately. I placed some siege down in the Lord room, asked on map chat for people to help build them, and ran supply from Umber. I completed two runs before SM came under assault, but by then we had something like 6 ACs and 4 Ballistae in the Lord room, and the commander decided it was worth trying to defend SM.

So we turtled in the Lord room while TC broke down the inner gates. We waited, waited, waited some more, and then suddenly both DB and TC rush in at the same time. With the siege placed we might have been able to fight off one server, but not both at the same time. Afterwards our commander decided it was time to go to bed, and the map depopulated until we were outmanned.

But at least we tried … and that’s the whole point, no?

(edited by Jeydra.4386)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jubelum.3472

Jubelum.3472

If one day I buy a commander tag of my own, I’ll probably become one of the most defensive commanders ever … after taking SM, I’d immediately lay down 10 ACs and Ballistas, covering both inner gates, running supply from Overlook, Pang and Speldan to do it.

Well if you did that then you’d be acting like an SoR commander, and servers like SoS would troll you and say you can only win by blobbing.

Screw what servers like SoS think to hell and back. Do whatever wins the game.

As one of the most defensive commanders on SBI, I can tell you it is not as easy as it sounds. We’ve had completely sieged towers fall to the sheer number of SOR’s forces. They will push in, wipe your eleventy billion pieces of siege, then proceed to eat you for breakfast.
It can be fun to hold/farm them as long as possible, but yah…

Last week during the TC / SoS / DB matchup, there was a brief period when SoS held SM. There was again no siege in SM at all, but for whatever reason, although there were active TC and DB zergs on the map and trebs had punched wholes in SM outer wall, neither attempted to take SM immediately. I placed some siege down in the Lord room, asked on map chat for people to help build them, and ran supply from Umber. I completed two runs before SM came under assault, but by then we had something like 6 ACs and 4 Ballistae in the Lord room, and the commander decided it was worth trying to defend SM.

So we turtled in the Lord room while TC broke down the inner gates. We waited, waited, waited some more, and then suddenly both DB and TC rush in at the same time. With the siege placed we might have been able to fight off one server, but not both at the same time. Afterwards our commander decided it was time to go to bed, and the map depopulated until we were outmanned.

But at least we tried … and that’s the whole point, no?

There’s obviously a little more to it than just sieging a lord’s room, in most defenses you are undermanned as almost no one ever assaults you with equal or inferior numbers. The real math of a solid defense is done with the individual defenders and the coordination of their commanders. If you have 30 uplevels defending against 50, you’re going to lose, if you have 30 well geared/specced seasoned WVWers in voice comm with their experienced and knowledgeable commander, your odds significantly improve. After awhile of being on a server it becomes clear which kind of WvWers are most prominent, this is why guilds move to different servers most of the time.

Wolfgang Von Goethe [VIG] – Warrior of Rall
“He who defends everything, defends nothing” – Frederick II

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mystery.7392

Mystery.7392

Any guild want to gvg with us since theres nothing much for us to do during SEA time? Those “zomg me too leet, I beat 1000 SOR with 5” are welcome. We take 15 v 15 or 20 v 20.

if you guys keep buying guild from your opponents there wont be any left to fight

BG bought a gazillion guilds but only War Machine responded to our invitation. Btw who are you? You trying to feel important? We welcome you to gvg us with your guild, if there is even one .

Ps: I will get Ace’s signed autograph for you soon. Wink

He’s just a little troll who needs some attention. Don’t worry.
Just ignore him.

P.S This EB Queue…. hope I get in there in some hours.

Aloha Luana – The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Warrior – Gunnar’s Hold
Will always love Elona!

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Bannok.3152

You guys have EB queue as 11 am eastern? lol

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

With a blowout match like this week’s, all our fairweather players and pve commanders are out in force and they all want to go to EB for whatever reason. In a normal T1 matchup this would never happen >.>

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Much love xoxo

They where doing it again today
another bug spot reported

Attachments:

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

With a blowout match like this week’s, all our fairweather players and pve commanders are out in force and they all want to go to EB for whatever reason. In a normal T1 matchup this would never happen >.>

I know im taking a break this week with my guardian and leading my guild raid with a lvl 30 up-scaled warrior lol

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Bannok.3152

Yeah, we’re getting blobbed pretty hard. I think we’ve got maybe 30 piled onto EB now, its pretty easy to tell its not your normal SoR zerg.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Have an extra hour? Here are the changes for tomorrow. I am rather liking the more in depth information about skills.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/470213011

[Abys]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

There’s obviously a little more to it than just sieging a lord’s room, in most defenses you are undermanned as almost no one ever assaults you with equal or inferior numbers. The real math of a solid defense is done with the individual defenders and the coordination of their commanders. If you have 30 uplevels defending against 50, you’re going to lose, if you have 30 well geared/specced seasoned WVWers in voice comm with their experienced and knowledgeable commander, your odds significantly improve. After awhile of being on a server it becomes clear which kind of WvWers are most prominent, this is why guilds move to different servers most of the time.

This is unfortunate – but we can’t force the militia to get on voice chat, and we can’t force them to follow our orders. At the same time its like you are saying these militia are bad at WvW, and that the “good” players are leaving. I disagree with your statement in principle, but in reality it is reasonable to say that a 30 group without coordination is going to lose vs the 50 group a good chunk of the time. The issue was that if ANET believed communication was critical to WvW they might have done a better job of giving access to communication tools – such as persistant map drawings or not text blocking or even providing some form of voice chat.

But back to why guilds leave servers – a guild leaves a server because of incompatible or mutually exclusive methods to carry out winning the game. If a guild is ok with not requiring everyone on voice chat then they will likely not leave a massive militia server like SoS. If a guild demands that everyone get on voice chat and militia will refuse to (there ARE valid reasons why completely based on lifestyle and playstyle) that guild will suffer feelings of mis-utilization.

And back to another issue – a guild does not prove they are “better” by being in a “better” ranked server. Their skill is still the same (subject to personal growth) regardless of the server they are on. Its just that their playstyle changes a bit to accommodate resources the “better” server provides for them.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Myro Pyro.1749

Myro Pyro.1749

I don’t think it’s a matter of SoR teaming up on purpose with one or the other servers, there is just 10,000 of them, so they are everywhere.

So this is the guild [Abys] that wanted SoR to pay for their transfer. From what I’ve seen it would not be a good investment.

So first off, I am the Guild Leader of Abyss and the rumors you have apparently heard that we wanted to transfer to SoR are false. I was spoken to on reset night about SoR paying for guild transfers and I wanted no part of that. Stormbluff Isle is where Abyss will resign for now on through this adversity.

Second, I guess from what you have seen was our small groups or roamers. Even so, they still put in work. But I suppose you haven’t been in your Borderlands (SoR) for the past 3 nights from 11 Est pm- 3 Est am. We have been wrecking all kinds of havoc and having all sorts of fun fighting you guys within your towers and Bay. When you guys start to outnumber us, we still do what we can to hold you off. We have been having a great time this match-up even dealing with either the outnumbered buff or just large group fights. Props to FEAR, TW, Hel, DIE, a couple IRON, and a few more guilds out there for putting up with us, wiping the floor with us and also giving us your loot bags. (Psssst I saw you out there Wrex, I know you are there!)

And Third, Us as Abyss will put forth our best effort in this match-up being either outnumbered or out skilled. So as long as you keep bringing the fights, we will be out there

Best of luck to all of the SBI out there! STAY STRONG!

Commander Master Myro
Level 80 Guardian
Stormbluff Isle- Leader of [Abys]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Lets get some proper kitten talking going on.

SoR, SBI, this is Shae Shadowmeld, if we meet, I am sorry for your untimely demise.

You’ll need to bring a friend or two.

Attachments:

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Well if we had more time, I would’ve sieged up both inner gates as well. Unfortunately, we didn’t.

30 uplevels should be able to defend against 50 if they had the time to prepare … how would you take a keep that’s defended by 15 ACs and a couple of Trebs + Catapults, even if you had a 50-to-30 numbers advantage + level advantage?