10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

PSA: The dolyak parade will happen in ~1 hour (7 PM server time), in TCBL! Meet by the south windmill!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

I can kind of see where Seigfriend is coming from. I’ve never seen SoR at such a low PPT before and I think the main reason is because they’re demoralized. Losing Garrison, their EB keep and a 20k lead is unfamiliar for SoR.

You must be a recent transfer. Historically, SoR has had extremely low PPT outside of NA prime time. I can remember days when I’d log in early morning server time to see single digit PPT. That’s changed recently, but to say that you’ve never seen such a low SoR PPT is funny. Due to a variety of factors this week was an anomaly and I expect SoR to bounce back.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

IRON joins SoR – weeks of SoR chest thumping pvd “WE IS BETTER THAN YOU!”

ZDs joins BG – SoR QQs more than a 5 year old girl that didn’t get her Hello Kitty Pez dispenser.

Tables turned = epic QQ

Youy are wrong here. When we came to SoR T1 was unbalanced, messy. 1st matchup in the leagues last week was very close, beacuse T1 became competitive and quite balanced.

That’s the huge difference between IRON and ZD moving to NA.

You realize you told him he was wrong when he was 100% correct, right? The moment SoR received [IRON] (who’s numbers squashed ANY guild BG or JQ had in the EU timezone) they went on a tear and were basically unchallenged because of numbers. Only when Coin moved to BG was when there was some resistance (with big thanks to those RK and HB who showed up as well).

The week before IRON moved to SoR, WM playing overtime along with any early NA people who had nothing better to do was exactly why BG’s EU timezone seemed strong, when in fact it was only people playing outside of their ‘timezone’.

I bring this up because that 18k lead SoR had? Yeah, it was evaporated because of people willing to play outside of their timezone. BG wants to win (especially after all the kittentalking), so much that their commanders and troops are willing to stay up a few extra hours to try and rally the server and bring it back from what started to look like a very grim Monday. If SoR isn’t willing to put in extra hours, cool. But, ZDs was NOT the driving factor of the massive cut into SoR’s lead that happened into Sunday/Monday.

It’s been said in this thread a few times. SoR’s forces went to bed with a comfortable lead believing they had it in the bag and could at the very least sustain it throughout the week. They awoke to a rude awakening.

With only about 3-4k of a lead left, its quite possible a bunch of people went “well wtf?” and pretty much everyone was demoralized because of the hard work they put in over the weekend was gone over the course of two timezones, again, thanks to overtime. That said, SoR has notoriously never ticked at kittening 15 ppt ever, fights or no fights.

I remember when SoR was trying to recruit before free transfers ended, he said “We CANNOT teach spirit, we CANNOT teach honor, we CANNOT teach motivation, we CANNOT teach courage.” You guys need to find that again.

Also, T1 in leagues was so competitive because each of the three servers have timezones that they excel in. JQ has its SEA, SoR its EU into early NA, and Blackgate has its Late NA into OCEANIC. Throw in the fact that all three servers had the achievement floodgates burst open with countless hordes of players who probably haven’t WvW’d at all, and the strategy of trying to keep JQ down due to their easier schedule for the entirety of the league, you can plainly see why it was so close. It’s a lot easier to see the cracks in a server when there is no third superpower to hide such.

excellent post.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Hey you guys just need to slow it down a bit. Theres too much to read

I tried sending them to the cave but there’s too many of them

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

SoR isn’t demoralized.

We got caught with our pants down on Sunday night and BG flipped all our stuff to paper. It’s nearly impossible to defend paper keeps and take t3 keeps at the same time especially with BG rallying and playing so strongly. Our guys are resting for next week.

We got outplayed this week, it’s as simple as that.

There’s no need for conspiracy theories.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

SoR isn’t demoralized.

We got caught with our pants down on Sunday night and BG flipped all our stuff to paper. It’s nearly impossible to defend paper keeps and take t3 keeps at the same time especially with BG rallying and playing so strongly. Our guys are resting for next week.

But without conspiracy theories my tinfoil hat business will go bankrupt

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

it has been fun playing with you guys this week. I learned from it, I hope the rest of us did too.

For the Toast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Just some newbie, what is so special about week 7?

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

The original big 3 face each other again. The 3rd wheel will decide who to 2v1 and I wager the server that has chest thumped the most leading up to that match will become the target.

Week 7 match up thread will be100x worse in terms of QQ, Tears, Flaming and accusations. and as the other poster mentioned in regards to the responders and respondees, the posting styles of the latter will quickly switch hands

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

The original big 3 face each other again. The 3rd wheel will decide who to 2v1 and I wager the server that has chest thumped the most leading up to that match will become the target.

Week 7 match up thread will be100x worse in terms of QQ, Tears, Flaming and accusations. and as the other poster mentioned in regards to the responders and respondees, the posting styles of the latter will quickly switch hands

Pretty sure the Toxic Offshoots will decide the match and not one server.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

The build up of bitterness after SoR lost the lead is pretty hilarious in this guy’s post history. It’s a game, bro, go outside or something.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Know what I just realized? TC is tied for first place in gold league right now. TC, drink and be merry, walk your dolyaks with pride!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

The build up of bitterness after SoR lost the lead is pretty hilarious in this guy’s post history. It’s a game, bro, go outside or something.

It’s gonna be funny reading your tears come week 7. Stock up on tissue brah

That would require me to care.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

it’s 2 hours different… i dont see anything wrong with it. I have been in both Russia and Uk and now im in Us

3h difference from Moscow while UK is on summer time, 4h difference now. Yes, i’m from Russia.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

How the virtual table is looking as we approach week 3

Attachments:

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Considering TC has more people in SoR bl now, I would say SoR has quit for the week.

(edited by Ljiona.9142)

in Match-ups

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

The amount of bg chest thumping/trolling is staggering this week. Gotta give props to the couple of IRON posters with a solid pvf week.
Side note SoR’s core was forged through months of being outmanned in every timezone minus NA. If u think one loss is gonna demoralize us…….guess again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

SoR isn’t demoralized.

Wasn’t that the excuse last week?

What?

We got outplayed, I’m not making excuses.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

The amount of bg chest thumping/trolling is staggering this week. Gotta give props to the couple of IRON posters with a solid pvf week.
Side note SoR’s core was forged through months of being outmanned in every timezone minus NA. If u think one loss is gonna demoralize us…….guess again.

Reading the first pages of the match thread again XD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Ok this actually made me giggle a little..

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elk.5627

Elk.5627

Great fights in SoR BL tonight. Props to EE for sticking around and fighting our mix match force.

Commander Mokyuu -[RET] Retribution -Warrior/Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

Titan surfaces only when BG is doing well in WVW. I remember him chest-thumping a couple weeks ago and was nowhere to be seen for the rest of the week after being Roflstomped by SoR.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/9-27-SoR-BG-TC/first#post2926485

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/41/109

To be honest, I was expecting a similar outcome. I guess the overall difference in population density between BG and SoR is that drastic after all.

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dedelta.5018

Dedelta.5018

Guess this is their definition of roaming the 2nd pic has more but they disappeared when taking it. I’m tired of Guilds claiming to roam when in fact I’ve never seen them by themselves to “Stand on Their two legs”.

Post Means
Don’t preach roaming if in fact you don’t solo roam or you roam with 5 or more.

Attachments:

Master of Minions – [TSF] The Shining Force
Necromancer\Elementalist\Guardian\Theif
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

This here is real true class of another server to do. Spawn camping with siege built on an outnumbered group…sadly I couldn’t get video to upload of them running as soon as the like 5 of us destroyed the ballista

Attachments:

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

the first thing i noticed is that we have more PPT than sor is that sad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethurian.3751

Ethurian.3751

Sorry we aren’t roaming around an empty map, standing on two legs fighting the air before us. The warning label clearly denotes that Blackgate is not responsible for people who do not use the other 2 exits of their spawn.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

(edited by Ethurian.3751)

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

Sorry we aren’t roaming around an empty map, standing on two legs fighting the air before us. The warning label clearly denotes that Blackgate is not responsible for people who do not use the other 2 exits of their spawn.

so the fact that there are exits is an excuse to be a kitten? please do tell, i’m genuinely curious.

in Match-ups

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

Let’s start the karma train.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

thats true…but at least while i’ve been in bgbl the few times we’ve actually gone else where or pushed you…the group spawn camping has run away and hidden until they can camp us again or just arrow cart us in a tower…soooooooo

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

If this post aimed at the exits it was merely to point out that a particular guild claims to roam doesn’t. I’ve never seen them stand on their two legs when im out solo roaming or running with a few guildies

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethurian.3751

Ethurian.3751

so the fact that there are exits is an excuse to be a kitten? please do tell, i’m genuinely curious.

Curiosity is a curse isn’t it!?

If this post aimed at the exits it was merely to point out that a particular guild claims to roam doesn’t. I’ve never seen them stand on their two legs when im out solo roaming or running with a few guildies

Typically Mesmer clones aren’t considered full fledged guildies.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

(edited by Ethurian.3751)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

The most asinie thing I’ve read in this thread is the few people who are saying SoR is throwing the match to purposely lower their score and get new guilds. Who actually does that kitten?

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

Here is a better pic for you

Attachments:

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Titan.3472

Titan surfaces only when BG is doing well in WVW. I remember him chest-thumping a couple weeks ago and was nowhere to be seen for the rest of the week after being Roflstomped by SoR.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/9-27-SoR-BG-TC/first#post2926485

To be honest, I was expecting a similar outcome. I guess the overall difference in population density between BG and SoR is that drastic after all.

I already answered I was in spvp 3last weeks and unlocking tiger finisher I was during this time posting in spvp forum. Nothing strange even last week when BG won i was still in spvp. I am back wvw from Monday.
Rage more.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

I had fun fighting OPP & co in SoRBL, but dat balli was in poor taste. Totally had to start sitting on people’s faces after that <3

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Match-ups

kanderous.7512

I already answered I was in spvp 3last weeks and unlocking tiger finisher I was during this time posting in spvp forum. Nothing strange even last week when BG won i was still in spvp. I am back wvw from Monday.
Rage more.

Such a convenient excuse.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/9-27-SoR-BG-TC/page/3#post2932166

It could be that you were demoralized then that you left for sPvP for that finisher. Hmm Hmm.

in Match-ups

Titan.3472

Rage more.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/9-27-SoR-BG-TC/page/3#post2932166

It could be that you were demoralized then that you left for sPvP for that finisher. Hmm Hmm.

Pretty much SoR won that week match so I went to spvp yes. Then they did well at the end. Not what happen lately XD.

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

That is basically their own fault we are not out there because they were there spawn camping its that simple if you can’t see it I guess get somebody else to explain it to you.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

kanderous.7512

Rage more.

Pretty much SoR won that week match so I went to spvp yes. Then they did well at the end. Not what happen lately XD.

And now you’re back to thump your chest. Kudos to you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

That is basically their own fault we are not out there because they were there spawn camping its that simple if you can’t see it I guess get somebody else to explain it to you.

Pretty disappointed this happened tbh. This is pretty heavily looked down on by myself and the people I wvw with. I’m guessing they were bored out of their minds because SoR wasn’t showing up at all though. They honestly had less map presence than TC last I was on.

There was one time when we marched our entire zerg into TC’s spawn with a couple of omega golems though. Marched them right up to the legendary defenders. That was funny. 20+ people insta killed

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Ajax.4967

The Ajax.4967

Rage more.

And now you’re back to thump your chest. Kudos to you.

its a shame he will never get to use it because well you know… he always wipes.

Evin Arris

in Match-ups

Posted by: Demannu.2805

Demannu.2805

I saw someone made words for Jingle Bells … well and i made it Karaoke for ya

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

Yeah I’ve seen a few people when the Dolyak Parades are really big make it past the guards and live until you get a little bit past the mid steps and get teleported back to the guards and die.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

Leaked patch notes revealed that Scarlet will invade EB in week 7.

in Match-ups

Posted by: matjamhar.5438

matjamhar.5438

TC should come flip Bay in BG Bl, we promise we’ll let you do so unopposed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gordok.2146

Gordok.2146

Tanking a score on a week that is going to be a loss coupled with forum propaganda worked for BG against JQ before the league started, why would’nt SOR try the same thing. So far that “strat” has given BG 2 wins.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

If you hopped on SoR and feel let down that they gave up, feel free to help take Sorrow’s Furnace from zero to hero, that is, make it interesting enough to win bronze this season, silver the next and then go for gold. It is a long term project, I know.

Obviously, a few more NA primetimers wouldn’t hurt, but what we really need is Oceanic and Euro players and especially commanders. We have a huge latin-american presence too. So help us defy the language barrier hurdles and help take this server up to gold tier! Why queue up in a lost season when you can make a bunch of other servers QQ about your transferring over? See you soon!

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Beannie.5982

Beannie.5982

Actually, after seeing how SOR fared this week against BG, it can quite conclusively put the matches of BGvsSORvsrandom kitten points for BG and 3 for SOR. Thereby bringing confirmed points as follows:
BG: 25
JQ: 16
SOR: 17

Undecided points as potentially:
BG: 3-5
JQ: 6-10
SOR: 3-5 (likely 3)

The undecided matches being those of BGvsJQvsrandom and SORvsJQvsrandom.
In week 5, IF BG gets 1st against JQ, the result of week 7 will be a non issue, and BG will walk away with Number One.

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Titan.3472

Actually, after seeing how SOR fared this week against BG, it can quite conclusively put the matches of BGvsSORvsrandom kitten points for BG and 3 for SOR. Thereby bringing confirmed points as follows:
BG: 25
JQ: 16
SOR: 17

Undecided points as potentially:
BG: 3-5
JQ: 6-10
SOR: 3-5 (likely 3)

The undecided matches being those of BGvsJQvsrandom and SORvsJQvsrandom.
In week 5, IF BG gets 1st against JQ, the result of week 7 will be a non issue, and BG will walk away with Number One.

We know.
I heard few SoR guilds are going to decide where to transfer over soon and leave T1, is that true?

(edited by Titan.3472)

in Match-ups

Posted by: matjamhar.5438

matjamhar.5438

Porting BG members at EB Jp for the next half hour or so