11/1: SoR/BG/SoS (Gold League Round 3)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuroticgrim.8769

Neuroticgrim.8769

First getting harassed by a bunch of roamers for 20 minutes or so and then get stomped by an [EE] group with a lot of pugs. I dunno, maybe [Die] should take that offer and drop down a few tiers to train.

IL just leave this here : http://www.twitch.tv/kudegraw/c/3106488

JINX havoc night, second time of the night wiping DIE. (We ended up doing it twice more before they started running from us, or chasing down any guys we had not in group , can I also say that, that was a JINX commander in training?)

[JINX] – [BG → FA] – (Veteran Commander) – Neuroticanecro

(edited by Neuroticgrim.8769)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

It shows how valuable a strong pug / militia force is. SoR needs to realize that marginalizing your pugs and elitism has hurt your server in these match-ups.

Something which has never happened, so please stop lying.

Several posts in this very thread claims otherwise…..

And posts from new players stating otherwise.

Well, uhm yeah….

It would be the new players feeling alienated. Then coming here posting about how excluded and unwelcome they feel in WWW.

What is your point here?, I’m saying there are posts from genuine new players to the server stating how its been welcoming. As someone from a small guild who frequently has to run with the larger guilds I can personally attest to how the Rallians are treated.

Ah, sorry. You otherwised my otherwise.

True, both experiences exist. But wich one speaks the loudest, when even veterans like fractal above have complaints? You said the mistreatment of WWW Rallians never ever happened. I never stated it allways happened.

For the record, I don’t feel there’s any internal drama unfolding on SoR. I’m unhappy enough to leave now, yes, and maybe seeing me speak up has caused others (as was expected) to timidly raise their hand and say “…but he has a point”, but overall there’s been no hint that anyone’s planning to leave/desert SoR. Far as I know, it’s just me speaking up right now, and I was long ago written off as a troll on my server, so any reactions to me are funny, but not proportional.

It isn’t SoR’s numbers that have dwindled, it’s their fighting spirit.

Amen

Nobody but the most disillusioned SoR (and a few JQ) trolls ever believed the growing disparity in score was caused only by ZD’s arrival. Morale and momentum failed at a critical time causing the fairweathered to vanish. All servers have them, but it’s on yourself to bring them back, and not on BG to stop fighting as hard as possible.

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Rofl… Poor [DIE]. Also, poor [DiE] for having an unfortunately similar name.

in Match-ups

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

it’s on yourself to bring them back, and not on BG to stop fighting as hard as possible.

I quite agree. However, this is not possible given the current propensity of our benevolent overlords leaders to deny anything’s wrong in the first place.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SkeletalLlama.5381

SkeletalLlama.5381

I think everyone should stop letting the PPT discourage you. It’s a meaningless measure of population rather than skill. I don’t want to see a good server like SoR give up over something as silly as an arbitrary number based on how many off-hours PvD players someone else has. These last few months in T1 have been the most balanced and fun fighting T1 has ever experienced since the beginning of the game. JQ, BG and SoR are the three most evenly matched servers in WvW history. I’ve been on JQ since the beginning and we’ve been in T1 longer than anybody and let me tell you most of the history of T1 has been one server blowing out two smaller servers every week and it was boring every day of the week except the weekends. These days we have a great distribution of quality guilds and leaders across three competitive servers and it’s been fun. Anyone who really wants to see SoR implode and return to the unbalanced days of old T1 is out of their minds. You would all be bored silly without JQ, BG and SoR all showing up to the fights. So don’t decide whether to play based on PPT. Just get in WvW and fight like we always do. The quality fights are why we all play WvW anyway, not the meaningless PPT numbers that change based on population fluxes that are out of our control.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

SoS would like to thank the Tier 1 karma trains for feeding us lootbags all night during Oceanic prime. xoxo <3

You need an AC to kill a bunch of berserkers and uplevels? Poor choice to attack an invul keep lord btw. I guess guilds scare you too much, so you have to resort to picking on uplevels.

I personally don’t agree with karma training at any time of the week, but chest thumping after wiping uplevels shows poor character. I expected no better anyway.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Debating on if I want to open the can of worms and herd the cats again.

Do it, c’mon you know you want to :-).

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I think everyone should stop letting the PPT discourage you. It’s a meaningless measure of population rather than skill. I don’t want to see a good server like SoR give up over something as silly as an arbitrary number based on how many off-hours PvD players someone else has.

No-ones giving up, its mainly the number of hours being played being reduced without anyone else to cover coupled with BGs increase in coverage. The week 7 match will be extremely interesting.

These last few months in T1 have been the most balanced and fun fighting T1 has ever experienced since the beginning of the game. JQ, BG and SoR are the three most evenly matched servers in WvW history. I’ve been on JQ since the beginning and we’ve been in T1 longer than anybody and let me tell you most of the history of T1 has been one server blowing out two smaller servers every week and it was boring every day of the week except the weekends. These days we have a great distribution of quality guilds and leaders across three competitive servers and it’s been fun. Anyone who really wants to see SoR implode and return to the unbalanced days of old T1 is out of their minds.

Yeah well I agree but some of the trolls seem to want it to happen judging by this thread, the phrase be careful what you wish for springs to mind.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

it’s on yourself to bring them back, and not on BG to stop fighting as hard as possible.

I quite agree. However, this is not possible given the current propensity of our benevolent overlords leaders to deny anything’s wrong in the first place.

Please transfer already so you can start trolling another server.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Yeah well I agree but some of the trolls seem to want it to happen judging by this thread, the phrase be careful what you wish for springs to mind.

Well, fortunately, said trolls are doing just that – trolling. A lot of misplaced blame is being thrown in the trenches, but the smart ones realize that the solution lies within SoR itself. One good rally will be all it takes for SoR to reverse their fortunes.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

No-ones giving up, its mainly the number of hours being played being reduced without anyone else to cover coupled with BGs increase in coverage. The week 7 match will be extremely interesting.

Heck yeah week 7 . Blackgate gets to defend it’s winning streak against a full time 2 v 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

To those on SoR who wants to play king maker in match 7, you should also try to play hard next match. Even if you don’t win next match, as long as you keep the match close to the end of the week, BG’s guilds will get tired and may affect their performance against JQ in week 5:)

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Actually if BG locks the win from it’s 1v1 with JQ, BG won’t have any reason to play the PPT game, and can go balls deep looking for field fights. A week without having to scout or do upgrades and just bash heads would be sweet.

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

To those on SoR who wants to play king maker in match 7, you should also try to play hard next match. Even if you don’t win next match, as long as you keep the match close to the end of the week, BG’s guilds will get tired and may affect their performance against JQ in week 5:)

I’ll see if I can break my leg this weekend so I don’t have to work next week and stay home and play.

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

Here’s a summary of the last 34ish pages for all you TL;DR people (randomized)…

1. SoR lost its “fighting spirit”.
2. BG is only winning because of ZD’s.
3. BG will surely lose Week 7 because SoR said so.
4. BG has a lot of money apparently.
5. BG is winning because Battle Field 4 came out.
6. Something about DIE making a post about how BG sucks & then gets wrecked in EB.
7. IRON can’t post on the forums anymore and some members were kicked.

Yeah, that just about sums it up…

You missed the part where SoR lost a few commanders in crucial timezones (ocx, SEA) to IRL reasons.

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

6. Something about DIE making a post about how BG sucks & then gets wrecked in EB.

Who got kicked from IRON?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

SoS would like to thank the Tier 1 karma trains for feeding us lootbags all night during Oceanic prime. xoxo <3

You need an AC to kill a bunch of berserkers and uplevels? Poor choice to attack an invul keep lord btw. I guess guilds scare you too much, so you have to resort to picking on uplevels.

I personally don’t agree with karma training at any time of the week, but chest thumping after wiping uplevels shows poor character. I expected no better anyway.

Hey now, he’s simply showing gratitude.. look there’s a love heart as well sheeesh

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

So I missed the karma train earlier, any movements for one tonight?

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Who got kicked from IRON?

I am assuming Shifty did since the guild is not in his sig anymore, but cant confirm 100%

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

I’ll see if I can break my leg this weekend so I don’t have to work next week and stay home and play.

i’ll break yours. you break mine? i never had it in me to severely do harm to myself.

SoR WILL NE’ER GIVE UP!!!! if i may say so. : )))
we’ll be back before you know it, guys.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

in EB today, BG and SoR actually got better once they abandoned the blob and went with several smaller groups.
Thanks for the fights and sorry we never committed to an outright brawl but we had the outnumbered buff half the day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krashner.6275

Krashner.6275

in EB today, BG and SoR actually got better once they abandoned the blob and went with several smaller groups.
Thanks for the fights and sorry we never committed to an outright brawl but we had the outnumbered buff half the day.

So long as you had fun, that’s all that matters. I think there is too much emphasis on winning and being the best. That was always the beauty of Planetside to me, winning and losing battles was always fun since since we didn’t have to worry about winning the game. The more “competitive” they try and make WvW the worse the community will get, this always brings out the worst in people. Don’t take my word for it, go play LoL.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

I never made excuses, I stated facts. The EB video has 10 DIE in it, its titled BG wiping DIE, so to make it true you are posting a video of a zerg wiping 10 DIE in a group of others. My whole thing is what does that prove? Its a pointless video . I didn’t say there are any rules. I said we will livestream and run as a guild group and fight any blob any zerg any guild. I don’t understand what part of it is still unclear. 30-35 DIE will do that anyday. Just a dumb video that has no meaning tbh.

I never made excuses, I stated facts.

This should be fun.

Let’s start by looking at your post history for the excuses you ‘never made’:
1. ‘were glad we ran against it with 20 and still got a ton of bags.’
2. ‘The 10-15 that were on wre dead tired after playing for hours ’
3. ’Those encounters , the one we pushed from the canyon up in front of Durious in AC fire was us saying ," Lets have fun and just go for it, we have wiped them for 6 hours straight lets juswt try this. " _Comment. Durios was one of [DIE]’s two wipes and only began under the walls. The wipe of [DIE] by a BG militia group occurred away from the walls._
4. ‘The youtube video made by KnT or whoever states that you gusy are wiping us. In order for that to be true you would have to fight our guild only group. Comment: Actually [DIE] were wiped by a BG militia group. There were a few KnT there, but more weren’t needed.
5. ‘But its nothing special considering your force and ours.’
6 ’ Just a dumb video that has no meaning’
‘7. you went ahead and make a 4 minute laughable video of 10-15 DIE with others and cling onto it as what seems to be a sad attempt to show that maybe you have skill?’

That’s seven separate excuses you’ve never made.

And now the facts.

1. ‘I may just humiliate all of your lacklustre WvW guilds’. Comment: wiping against militia doesn’t do much to back up that claim
2. ‘we want to show everyone .. You truelly can’t beat any server in REAL WvW open field’. Comment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WCq986sCpU suggests otherwise

Hmm … the facts were few and more of a self-inflicted wound to your credibility. Let’s try your analysis:

1. ‘My whole thing is what does that prove? Its a pointless video’.

Can a video that’s a direct response to your chest thumping claims be pointless? What does that say about your posts and claims?

2. ‘you are posting a video of a zerg wiping 10 DIE in a group of others.’

Well, you’ve already admitted that it was 10-15 DIE several times. That number is creeping downwards, yes? And there was a DIE commander – for both wipes. The ‘zerg’ you were up against had no guild core, it was militia. And in encounter no 1 there are clearly less BG than in your force (check the video at the 24-42 second mark), and in no 2 there was parity. That’s why people in TS laughed at you (check the end of the video). We had no right winning.

3. ’I said we will livestream and run as a guild group and fight any blob any zerg any guild …. 30-35 DIE will do that anyday.

So, the question is answered. It takes 30-35 DIE to wipe a BG militia group. Appreciate you clearing that up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

No kitten.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Congrats to CHOO on their GvG.

BLNT killing spectators? Really dudes?

WvW Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zelcova.4173

Zelcova.4173

BLNT killing spectators? Really dudes?

What do you mean “spectators” we killed one guy and he was being a kitten to one of our warriors that’s it.

Raylze [GT] ~ Guardian – Fort Aspenwood
http://www.youtube.com/BLNTgw2
Because we’re better. ~ [GT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: WeaponXI.4076

WeaponXI.4076

Killing those two mesmers who attacked us hardly counts…

Raunchy-BLNT Commander-Twilight Warrior
Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Let’s take a moment to wish DIE all the best as they seek out greener pastures and shorter queues. Have fun in Ebay!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Let’s take a moment to wish DIE all the best as they seek out greener pastures and shorter queues. Have fun in Ebay!

Can someone confirm what he said that DIE transferred to Ebay? If it is true then that’s just really bad timing on their part after they made the post about challenging whole BG.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

2. ‘we want to show everyone .. You truelly can’t beat any server in REAL WvW open field’. Comment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WCq986sCpU suggests otherwise

I love it when zerglings try to prove superiority with videos. This video is not quite on the level of what some YB dude used to post but gave me a good chuckle nonetheless.

5-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-4-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

EP have been one of the best challenges and have had significant impact on how Choo does GvG’s. I’m not on the GvG team myself, but I know pretty much everyone in it, and a lot of thought and effort was put into improving GvG strategy since the first one. Not only that, but some of these improvements have even spilled over into our regular WvW retinue. So thanks, EP.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SuKHoi.2063

SuKHoi.2063

Wow SoS ruining another Karma train. Is killing up levels on a karma train the only way SoS can get kills against SOR and BG?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Im almost certain your trolling, but I would laugh pretty hard if its true.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Wow SoS ruining another Karma train. Is killing up levels on a karma train the only way SoS can get kills against SOR and BG?

So you decide, totally on your own, to run a karma train into a defended position; and are now coming to the forums to complain because you were that freaking stupid?

SoS only controls a handful of objectives, and you expected us to roll over so you can farm?

Sea of Sorrows is not in any way a responsible party in regards to the manner in which you choose to level your alts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

Why do people even QQ when you get killed doing your Karma trains in WORLD vs WORLD

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

L2P dude.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

It’s official DIE left SoR for Ehmry Bay. A moment of salute thanks for playing with SoR

(edited by Butter.3024)

in Match-ups

Posted by: HolyMolla.6582

HolyMolla.6582

Did DIE really left SOR?

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Did DIE really left SOR?

Yea, tomorrow.

Unless DIE is trolling, which I really doubt it

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

For the record, that “Karma Train” had no real commander. People were BSing in TS and on uplevels. We joked that the zerg had become self aware, it was running on auto.

Honestly there’s not a ton to do during NA prime and it was 4 hours after that. We all just ran straight in, no might stack, no viel, we knew you were in there, we just didn’t really care.

Karma Train can’t really be ruined, its just something to do while we wait for someone to fight us. If you had fun killing us with siege than that is awesome. But don’t pretend you killed an organized force, we were just in it for LoLs. We had a good time too laughing about it and I’m sure you did too. Why not leave it at that instead of posting about it in the forums like it matters?

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Also I heard Jarvan quitted the game so RISE is ya know, in chaos

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Can BG contract dragon to write us a post about how we made SoR guilds leave the server or quit playing?

yes. you guys are good at that. we, sor outmanned but we fight hard. we made rg retire early. we made gd leave server. we made prx retire early and the good ones comes over to us. we made wm not want to do wvw. we dominate most of the top guilds. can’t you see the pattern? you fight against sor, you will end up quitting soon. resistance is futile. come over to sor and feel our power.

You know, something like that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: HolyMolla.6582

HolyMolla.6582

I say you guys who runs karma train, keep low profile
or Anet will soon disrupt your karma trains.
You know, Anet doesn’t want people to get easy farming.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

No one really runs it, it just start starts happening when people stop caring so much about the score.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Holy mother of gawd. How did yall reach 35 pages????

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Holy mother of gawd. How did yall reach 35 pages????

Drama

in Match-ups

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Most of DIE is in Ehmry Bay for a few weeks. I know BG would like to think they made us leave. By all means, please do, if it makes y’all feel better. However, the reality is we’re going to spend a little time running as a full guild without fighting queues to get into BLs. And it’s only temporary. We’ll annoy SoR again soon enough, I’m afraid.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Abardagul.5849

Abardagul.5849

So you decide, totally on your own, to run a karma train into a defended position; and are now coming to the forums to complain because you were that freaking stupid?

do you even know what you’re talking about or just plain stupid? nobody can decide on their OWN to do a friggin karma train. you need at least two server’s agreement for it to work.

also, nobody in their correct state of mind would rush into a KNOWN defended position with upleveled/zerker karma zerg. too bad sos caught wind of our karma train and got jelly so they decided to ninja hills and built about 10 arrow carts inside the lord’s room so by the time the upleveled/zerk zerg got inside, it was too late. now, nobody is QQing who messed the karma train and all because it’s wvw and we’re supposed to kill each other. what SoR and BG don’t get is why in the name of jesus almighty does SoS go to the forum, start chest thumping, making movies and writing poems about how they wiped sor & bg upleveled/zerk karma zergs.

Lantriss ~ Guardian
Typhoon Dador ~ Warrior

(edited by Abardagul.5849)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

This matchup has been fun. The last 35 pages have been tedious.

Looking forward to seeing Mags having you guys for breakfast.

Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

KISS = gone
DIE = gone
RISE = gone
IRON = wrex out sick
FEAR = ace college, dgins got banned
TW = old and faded, everyone hates his majesty

Hire, GC and Hel have to be getting tired of carrying the server.