15/11 Vabbi/Arborstone/Whiteside Ridge

in Match-ups

Posted by: LILLIZ.5362

LILLIZ.5362

Threads been a bit quiet lately, time to inject some fun!

The ever tactical Arbor Choochoo! WSR spend nearly 2 hours trying to get us out their BL and then Arbor zerg/golem sweep the lot, turning it all nice and wooden again then leave. Just giving WSR free access to keeps. Dumbdumbs!

WSR, when it takes 15 of you 40 minutes to capture a keep with no supply from 3 defenders, laughing afterwards seems a bit pointless. Especially if you then go on to fail to capture the next keep from 2 defenders after an hour. Disappointing to see the tags of a few of them too… clearly recruitment standards are slipping.

Never the less, we had fun defending, so thanks for the entertainment.

Well, you had them upgraded and It’s always interesting to play with casuals as they clearly have no sense direction and only listens to 1/3’rd of commands and make up for what they didn’t understand or listened forto begin with. I think they had to run for supplies like 4 times

This is nothing new and I am sure that it happens on every server during the low watermark.

Cheers

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Oh don’t worry I understand the problems all too well Just trying to inject some life into the thread!

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Match-ups

LILLIZ.5362

the 8k vabbi nightcap, is gonna take some work though. time to focus vabbi

The whole matchups gone a bit silly really, WSR/Vabbi should’ve both prioritised Arbor for the closest matchup possible – close matchups are always tense if not fun! It could’ve kept Arbor’s score down and made it a 3 way fight for 1st.

The thing is, Vabbi don’t take score from Arbor but minor ones and do Vabbi nightcap Arbor ?

Cheers

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

Oh don’t worry I understand the problems all too well Just trying to inject some life into the thread!

Gnomes of Vabbi [Gov] – We care about your matchup thread!

Btw. Vabbi has pretty much secured second place. We can stop the hacking now.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

Groupfights (5 and smaller etc) and Duels !!!!
Time: Thursday 21.00 (UTC+1)

Just fighting for fun.

Just appear or contact Nubu.6148 and Neandramathal.9536

/push !

Alright ! /push again .

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

A bit from yesterday.

Also Vabbi is only Nightcapper with 100% Flyhackers!

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: sofired.6071

sofired.6071

Congrats to vabbi locking up second by a distance this week, we seem to match up pretty good during day, but are getting pummeled at night.

WSR – GW2’s #1 ranked server that starts with a W.

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

You’d be surprised at the night force, it starts at around 15 players (in my experience) and drops off fairly quick – for most the night its 3-4 players. Main thing is we tend to all join a group and hop back and forth across zones, I’ve noticed certainly Arborstones night force tends to retreat to their borders and picks up around 6am with 15 or so (mostly glass ele’s and rangers).

There have been a few days where Vabbi have retained a 230~ tick until primetime, it seems to depend on what resistance the arbor choo choo meets, let’s face it, they’re controlling the points here.

Night time has certainly secured the victory but it was kitten close even without it. The first few days were only 1k or so apart and it swung both ways as to who was in the lead.

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Scars of Time.6324

The Scars of Time.6324

Many much respect to Vabbi from a Whiteside Ridge civilian. Nightcapping or not, you are the best opponent we can wish for in any matchup. It’s a lot of fun to fight with/against you and even more fun to look at us fight from your perspective afterwards. I believe we stimulate each other to try harder next time we meet and make the matchup even more enjoyable.

Looking forward to the final week of the season.

in Match-ups

LILLIZ.5362

You’d be surprised at the night force, it starts at around 15 players (in my experience) and drops off fairly quick – for most the night its 3-4 players.

Yeah I don’t think you’ll need that many on low or undefended territory what suprises me is that you don’t do it against Arbor.

Winning concept against WSR anyway as there are probably less than 20 ppl in all borders during the night.

But Seriously where’s the pride in night caps all the time ?

Cheers

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

A few good defenders can stop it easily, hence why WSR didn’t recap their BL until arbor cleared it for you. As previously said, our night force is anywhere from 3-15 people combined, if you have 20 people across all zones as you say then it shouldn’t be a problem. This seems to be frustrating you a lot however.

We do do it against Arbor – EB was totally wiped, and their BL regularly loses a keep or two, but as I said they retreat all their forces to their BL and defend it. With it being T3 it will obviously be harder to cap than the rest, success or not doesn’t mean we don’t try. They re-enter EB and start recapping about 6am and it doesn’t take them long, being blue when you log on doesn’t mean it’s been blue all night.

No one has shown any pride in night caps, no one is going “WOO YE VABBI WIN SUCK IT WSR!” or similar, people on both sides have accepted that it happens and will always happen. Personally I prefer to fight as much as I can rather than PvD, but if I am awake (which is more often than not) then it’s better than standing in Lions Arch. If nothing else, it provides me with something to defend in the morning, and defense is lots of fun.

Many much respect to Vabbi from a Whiteside Ridge civilian. Nightcapping or not, you are the best opponent we can wish for in any matchup. It’s a lot of fun to fight with/against you and even more fun to look at us fight from your perspective afterwards. I believe we stimulate each other to try harder next time we meet and make the matchup even more enjoyable.

Looking forward to the final week of the season.

There is the odd bad attitude emerging here and there, but they are the minority and on the whole I agree it is enjoyable to fight WSR and certainly the best matched opponent. I look forward to our next meeting

Currently @ Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

You’d be surprised at the night force, it starts at around 15 players (in my experience) and drops off fairly quick – for most the night its 3-4 players.

Yeah I don’t think you’ll need that many on low or undefended territory what suprises me is that you don’t do it against Arbor.

Winning concept against WSR anyway as there are probably less than 20 ppl in all borders during the night.

But Seriously where’s the pride in night caps all the time ?

Cheers

Idk tbh this happens from both servers as we’re fighting for second, I’m mainly in eb late night capping WSR corner FROM arborstone. We actually downgraded the whole corner with 3 guys a few nights back, only to have wsr show up and attack it within 30 mins. I could say the same thing here, that you’ll attack it because we took it and won’t bother attacking when arborstone owns it. The fact of the matter is its undefended with no upgrades and most commanders will jump to take something like that.

I think a lot of the focus on WSR borderland basically comes from the attacks in our BL from 10pm-2am from you guys, then we normally cap back and head to WSR bl for some revenge.

As long as someone from WSR/Vabbi are attacking each other, we will never both focus arbor because neither of us want to come last. Although it does make more sence to attack arbor for a more enjoyable matchup.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in Match-ups

Posted by: super moo.2891

super moo.2891

“WOO YE VABBI WIN SUCK IT WSR!”

oh no he di-n’t. it’s on kittenes!

By Balthazars Beard [TasH]
wsr

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

kitten , I wasn’t subtle enough at hiding it!

Currently @ Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

Hammers aren’t subtle, stop being so bad. Also though I didn’t help, I don’t think there should be bad blood between Vabbi and WSR. It will only turn into another FoWxVabbi story then. :p

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

It will only turn into another FoWxVabbi story then. :p

Ye I was reading your contributions to that earlier :P Hmm… something about servers with Hamham on them that just seems to have difficulty… ^^

Currently @ Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

Why must you make me feel bad. Even Jamo does it. ;~;

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

Closest the ticks have been all week right now, 220+ each! And one mighty zerg WSR got roaming EB.

Sorry erm, I mean, WSR Y U IN VABBI CORNER? Y U NO FIGHT ARBAR!

Currently @ Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Scars of Time.6324

The Scars of Time.6324

We love you longtime
You snatched SM away from us (technically from arbor, but it was about to be ours) before our nose, then two third of our zerg tried to rush that invulnerable lord. Some mighty zerg we have indeed

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

More ppl/guilds to windmill, kk?

Currently @ Piken Square

in Match-ups

Jathres.7236

A final collection of various fights from the last Days. Been a good week both enemies servers really fun to fight.

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

We’re really going to capture that 2nd spot. GJ to everyone.
Hahahahah Jathres, that video. xD You made my day!

Edit: Btw, that fight near garri (3rd I think), was that after we fought that zerg on the isle (at sentry) between vale and lake? I saw some swords there while tech was fighting over vale, water and orchard.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

A final collection of various fights from the last Days. Been a good week both enemies servers really fun to fight.

I’m nothing but a stomp machine to you!

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Match-ups

Jathres.7236

Yes you are. No go and stomp someone over there!

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hybrid D.6085

Hybrid D.6085

Someones gotta win. Someones gotta lose. Sorry WSR. Looks like we ended up on top When we beat people I like to take a little victory drink. So looks like I’m gonna have to take a little sip.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

First victory sip over server win? xD

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Match-ups

Posted by: haineslake.8691

haineslake.8691

Almost a pity that it’s over, gg. It’s been a nice week despite the nightcapping. Let’s hope both WSR/Vabbi manage to focus the winning server in future matchups instead of being content with battling for second though!

Whiteside Fridge

(edited by haineslake.8691)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roi Jaune.6437

Roi Jaune.6437

Congratulation to Vabbi guys for this 2nd place.

To react lately, I’m sad that some guys from PA reported one of yours as a cheater. They can’t imagine they met a better player than them.
It’s not a good behaviour.

Last week when some CCCP, RN, and I met the IMP, or when Jathres smashed me, we thought you were good players, and stayed there to analyse how you play.
That’s the good behaviour, which leads to improve gaming.

So, good luck for this MU, and see you later.

aka Nounourse la Fée (Messmer) [CCCP], ArborStone

(edited by Roi Jaune.6437)