Awe yea, we rock.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sarsbear.3469

Sarsbear.3469

Here’s a little video of me and Purimm fighting a DDLG smallman. Mostly just escaping. Thanks to GOM for the assist.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Here’s a little video of me and Purimm fighting a DDLG smallman. Mostly just escaping. Thanks to GOM for the assist.

Great video but no credit to Rat Fart? Thanks for sharin the warrior build. Would be interested in what the guardian was runnin as well.

Gate of Madness

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Sarsbear.3469

Great video but no credit to Rat Fart? Thanks for sharin the warrior build. Would be interested in what the guardian was runnin as well.

I’ll try and make a little vid showing what I run. Until then 0/10/0/30/30, clerics gear, melandru runes, energy sigils, no ascended

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Irony.8056

Irony.8056

I was walking in the jail cells below the garrison and i heard some very sad singing. I looked into the cell and seen Obsession. She passed me a Note

(edited by Irony.8056)

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: markus.8631

markus.8631

I’ll try and make a little vid showing what I run. Until then 0/10/0/30/30, clerics gear, melandru runes, energy sigils, no ascended

Hey Sars,

Do you do any zerg-busting with this build, or do you do mostly small-group / roaming? I’ve never tried a ‘healway’ type build, but I’m intrigued. How do you like it?

Thiefy [DDLG] – Devona’s Rest

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Sarsbear.3469

Hey Sars,

Do you do any zerg-busting with this build, or do you do mostly small-group / roaming? I’ve never tried a ‘healway’ type build, but I’m intrigued. How do you like it?

Been playing it since around January and I do everything in this build, though the past few weeks I try my best to avoid playing with more than 1 or 2 other people. Before that I ran AH, it would probably outperform this in a zerg setting but you sacrifice group utility for personal survivability.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Glaeser.8015

Glaeser.8015

Copy-cat.

Glaezer – [Splt] [Holy] – NSP
Charr Guardian & many alts
I am the donut

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devanuze.8734

Devanuze.8734

Seems to be something wrong with EB seige, instructing my zergs to pvdoor i’m afraid. Sorry for the delay in taking your stuff :P

Attachments:

Moose Mickelson. Golfing at its finest

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: playard.6035

playard.6035

Pacific time around noon, GoM knocked out Garrison’s lower west gate with golems. (Anet’s new build saved us once, maybe an hour before this) Hardly recovered from that, Hills south gate was also breached by golems. Lucky for us, we pushed them out, but they left some thief and mesmer behind, and those, at least two, in Hills stayed quiet for a very long time – sneaky!

Done some sweep, our main force had to leave for south or Bay. I called out in the map chat that I would stay at Hills patching and sieging things up. Then I found a suspicious red circle popping up. We played hide and seek all around the upper and lower platform at Hills near south gate.

After several failed attempts, some (now) acquaintances came and formed a party with me, and I remembered those new toys, Stealth Disruptor trap, in my inventory. Anyway, we got the mesmer first, and had an ele stayed with her or him, probably her, awaiting her family or friends to sign the DNR form and claim the corpse. Later utilizing the trap, we caught the thief under the bridge near Hills south gate. Story ended with the mesmer gazing the peaceful blue sky finally called by God and ascended.

- mythief busted!

Attachments:

Deko* — Die-hard PvE-in-WvW veteran & noob commander
map chat spammer, siege lover/hater, and, well, I care bears.
League of Ex-Siegers, nonetheLEXS, for now, still Rest on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by playard.6035)

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

a lil fun now and again to break up the negativity >.>

I don’t normally join in with those never ending fights between Overlook and SM, but this was fun.

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joe.4178

Joe.4178

Very nice kiting/juking, the vid was beast.

-tM- Trillmatic
NSP Colorful Charr Engineer & Mesmer: Bamf Joe
WvW Outnumbered: https://www.youtube.com/BamfJoe0425

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

playard.6035

New siege timer is now 1hr, great improvement for siegers’ quality of life. Although we are somewhat relieved from baby-sitting our sieges, another issue for us is having someone actually use them before kitten happens.

I wonder if golems share the same 1hr despawn timer, which benefit even greatly for zerg golem rush…

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Sarsbear.3469

Very nice kiting/juking, the vid was beast.

I’m not sure it holds up to your vids of kiting/juking 10 AND getting kills, we’ll get that perfect storm eventually I hope.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

lol truly pathetic display SOCO commander. Come 1v1 instead of running to your zerg / siege.

Finish the fights you start -worst -necro -ever.

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

Pacific time around noon, GoM knocked out Garrison’s lower west gate with golems. (Anet’s new build saved us once, maybe an hour before this) Hardly recovered from that, Hills south gate was also breached by golems. Lucky for us, we pushed them out, but they left some thief and mesmer behind, and those, at least two, in Hills stayed quiet for a very long time – sneaky!

Done some sweep, our main force had to leave for south or Bay. I called out in the map chat that I would stay at Hills patching and sieging things up. Then I found a suspicious red circle popping up. We played hide and seek all around the upped and lower platform at Hills near south gate.

After several failed attempts, some (now) acquaintances came and formed a party with me, and I remembered those new toys, Stealth Disruptor trap, in my inventory. Anyway, we got the mesmer first, and had an ele stayed with her or him, probably her, awaiting her family or friends to sign the DNR form and claim the corpse. Later utilizing the trap, we caught the thief under the bridge near Hills south gate. Story ended with the mesmer gazing the peaceful blue sky finally called by God and ascended.

- mythief busted!

Hehe, see? The traps are useful!

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Great fun in DR borderlands and NSP borderlands. Thought DR was going to try to ninja the NSP Bay keep once we got inside. (I would have tried…..)

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

lol truly pathetic display SOCO commander. Come 1v1 instead of running to your zerg / siege.

Care to explain?

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Care to explain?

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

He left AD and transferred to NSP. He is in XOXO now but forgot to change his signature.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Care to explain?

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

He left AD and transferred to NSP. He is in XOXO now but forgot to change his signature.

Ahh ok ty.

I don’t think our necro commander reads forums , so I am not sure how he would get that. I will compliment him for getting away from a XoXo thief though. Shouldn’t be 1vs1 while he should be driving our 5 man wrongway zerg.

Cheers.

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Care to explain?

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

This is very confusing. tM is the thieves guild! XOXO is for mesmers. SPCA is for people who run very fast.

This is how I understand things and everyone should get in line with it already.

Gate of Madness

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

i commend him for playing the necro anet designed us to be! Embrace the zerg! Get more loot bags! If you want to solo roam dont do it on a necro, easier classes to do that on like…thiefs =p

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: modDW.4187

modDW.4187

Care to explain?

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

This is very confusing. tM is the thieves guild! XOXO is for mesmers. SPCA is for people who run very fast.

This is how I understand things and everyone should get in line with it already.

ty 4 ur kind words, we have been training hard for WvW marathon patch

-Your Big Horse

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: syv.4372

syv.4372

You two are fun to fight! [: I’ve only run into the two of you a couple of times if that, though. It was you guys against me and another RegA Asuran Engineer. I think a PuG jumped in at some point though on our side :/

Hi. I’m Rahge.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

playard.6035

Props to NSP [SPCA] warrior(?) with legendary weapon and tons of boon minutes ago in SW of DR BL.

I’m that annoying ranger, or maybe just some kitten kitten seems really kitten ing you off, downed by you several times. Others, including the thief showing up later and the warrior later duelling you, are just people in my party tonight following or helping me. We just came back from GoM BL to clean ours, taking especially red camps there. The thief just saw my status, so he came to help from the other side of the map.

At first I was just trying to be annoying because of yesterday’s event. I, and we, didn’t /laugh or say anything bad about you in party chat. I saluted you after the thief downed you. And later your 2nd round with the thief, I didn’t mean to interrupt your fight, just another NSP mesmer jumped in. However, it seems that you are really mad at me.

I hope you do enjoy the fights with those two party members, the warrior and the thief. We, including themselves, all think that they have a good fight with you before others jumped in. (might be my bad due to what we did earlier to you)

Your fights with them are really good and very fun fights.

BTW, my first pet was a pig because we were joking at GoM BL spawn earlier, its name is Kevin Bacon.

(edited by playard.6035)

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Tell Purimm thanks for posting that warrior build. I’d been playing around with a similar idea in spvp (sword/shield + longbow, shaman’s amulet), but I’d never thought to try using banners. Mind=blown.

I’ll probably still use my mace/mace build whenever I bring my warrior into WvW, but that banner build is fun as kitten for spvp.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snow Ghost.6817

Snow Ghost.6817

Thanks to the NSP zerg for the fights in between Speldan’s and Mendon’s last night during our guild training.

See you guys back out there soon.

/salute

Iorek
GM of [VP]
Venator Phalanx.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.7951

TheLaughingMan.7951

Fun fight with the NoQQ thief last night in NSP borderlands who I managed to fish out of your 40 man zerg DR. Unfortunately, once he realized he stood 0 chance of winning, he decided to run as fast as he could instead of finishing the fight.

I’ll be sure to put the fight in my newest video, because I was actually enjoying that one.

Oh and Btsy, you guys don’t know Baltimore style at all!

Zrun
Former NSP, now on GOM! http://www.youtube.com/user/umdsmith/videos

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Sarsbear.3469

You two are fun to fight! [: I’ve only run into the two of you a couple of times if that, though. It was you guys against me and another RegA Asuran Engineer. I think a PuG jumped in at some point though on our side :/

If its the fight I remember the pug didn’t join until you guys had pretty much won. I also remember a clutch stealth rez, darn you engineers!

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Tell Purimm thanks for posting that warrior build. I’d been playing around with a similar idea in spvp (sword/shield + longbow, shaman’s amulet), but I’d never thought to try using banners. Mind=blown.

We’re still making tweeks to it, but I love banners. Perma swift + a leap + blast finisher.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Half way down page 2….tisk tisk tisk.

EB was hilariously fun last night, couldnt put down any siege at all so it was all smash your face on this door, smash your face on this zerg. 175 badges in three hours >.>

what have you guys gotten from wevp chests so far?

4 chests:
-4 siege pieces
-1 green
-2 rare armor pieces
-1 rare hammer.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Cool video. I was a bit scared for you in the first part.

Heiann – NSP

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

playard.6035

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8cELTdtw6U
GoM build that city on the hill…
GoM build that wall (of score) up to the sky…
GoM build that wall until it’s dawn…

Attachments:

(edited by playard.6035)

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Playard then falls to his death.

Just kidding.

Gate of Madness

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: SuicidalFish.9482

SuicidalFish.9482

If its the fight I remember the pug didn’t join until you guys had pretty much won. I also remember a clutch stealth rez, darn you engineers!

I’m the Asura engie. You guys are hard to kill. Good fights as always. :P

Asura Engineer-Tinker Lina
TC

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

playard.6035

Playard then falls to his death.

If there’s a 10-tier achievement and finally a title for this, I might have easily earned that over my head – Epic Faller.

Just kidding.

Eh, anyway I dug my hole…

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spets the MilkBandit.9031

Spets the MilkBandit.9031

So no one (at least on nsp) can place any siege down besides golems. Being me, i couldn’t pass that up XD.

Logged in, gathered my beloved NSP WvW’ers, retook NSP BL, retook NSP corner of EB
Stopped a DR golem rush on veloka,
Took SM,
Nearly took Lowlands keep from GoM

Credit goes where credit is due, to the GoM defenders at lowlands keep, not the ones that were fodder for us to fill our coffers but to the ones who started mass repairing the inner gate when it was at 5-10%. Sadly we had a golem griefer who shall remain unnamed but everyone on NSP knows him already. Maybe with a few extra we coulda done it but overall very good defence, you deserve to keep that keep.

<3 NSP and miss leading charges, soon the exams will be done

Smitry / Spets
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] Commander
Northern Shiverpeaks

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Strykerslay.6839

Strykerslay.6839

If I’m tagged up, I don’t have time to stop everything and do your pathetic 1v1 call out. It’s about the XP, not the miniscule points I will get for melting you.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

If I’m tagged up, I don’t have time to stop everything and do your pathetic 1v1 call out. It’s about the XP, not the miniscule points I will get for melting you.

But there is no better way to inspire your troops than by displaying your prowess in a true display of what WvW is all about: isolated 1v1 matchups in the open field!

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

But there is no better way to inspire your troops than by displaying your prowess in a true display of what WvW is all about: isolated 1v1 matchups in the open field!

Wait, WvW is about 1v1s?

I thought it was about 5v5 battles that are not planned in advance but only count if they are completely even in every way.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

If this wasn’t such a ridiculous statement I might have fallen for it. Troll Fail

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lepew.7890

Lepew.7890

What a great weekend that was. So much good WvW.

It kicked off early with VP/Evermore running a training session on tight group fighting. Sambob/VP kept the fires pumping by hooking us on an amazing Red Guard video. I tried out some of that with the uplevel xp train guys, and we were wrecking people. At one point we had our uplevel zergball on top of the north camp at GOM or NSP, and they could not get out.

Then Darkestshadows and Ill Loosin gave it the DDLG twist with the lvl 80 crew in EB for a “training session” you see in the video Bluevalle linked. So many loot bags. So many more loot bags left on the ground as we just kept rolling. I held 25 stacks for a long long time. After that EB night, everyone in the guild was ready for more tight fighting tactics, and we have since gone through and dealt with some of the bugs.

The guy who put down the “fighting guys already fighting” comment—-well you guys who get into these protracted ranged battles are just sitting ducks. You are there so long and accumulate so many red tags that you are going to draw attention from groups who are looking for dense clusters to kill. If everyone on the map is in 2 groups going pew pew pew with rangers at each other, the sharks will come feeding….

To the guy belaboring the whole ‘DDLG thief runs back to the zerg’ thing…le sigh…if you want even matches in which you compare your how big your P is to someone else’s P, the place to do that is in structured PvP where gearing is equal. Then you can go thump your chest about how many you single handedly downed. WvW is a strategic PvP game with epic forces, and if you take a nap on the train tracks, you better expect the choo choo xp train to come along and roll over you.

Other mentions
- Our golems getting spotted in tkitten cave with the knot of people and siege pinning us in there for quite a long time before we went down. Too bad. Good job to our foes in tracking us.

-GOM golem rush after golem rush. The ZL commander dumps $20/day in gems for golems? Sheesh. We need to get a Saudi oil baron sugar daddy to come to DR to counter that…Seems like we just finish flipping the home borderland and go off to do guild missions or xp train, when lo and behold you-know-who is back again with piles and piles of golems rushing our undefended homeland.

-OK SPCA, I am onto you. We finally get one of your bruisers down within im-a-gonna-stomp-you range, and they go woo-woo-wooing off to the legendary defenders at the start.

-Not sure who the D/D elementalist was that I was fighting at SE camp DRBL, but nice fight guy. Glad we both ended it after about 10 min.

McDingus – DDLG guild – Stormbluff Isle

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Zumi.6384

@BlazeQ It was meant to be extremely sarcastic, not meant as a troll

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

In Feudal era Japan, Samurais use to walk out onto the battlefield and declare their name, rank and fighting style and take one on one challenges before their armys would fight to inspire them. And of course to take the heads of their opponents to their lords.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

styx.7294

In Feudal era Japan, Samurais use to walk out onto the battlefield and declare their name, rank and fighting style and take one on one challenges before their armys would fight to inspire them. And of course to take the heads of their opponents to their lords.

I actually tried this with XOXO and it worked. Got a 1v1 with Obs (well, as much as you can 1v1 in the busy crossroads of EB).

Gate of Madness

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

That’s exactly what I do. The only problem is that GW2 turns all of that honorable speech and my polite challenge into:

Gates of Madness invader gestures.

Then my enemies think I’m being lewd and try to rush me with like 10 people.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

We’re still making tweeks to it, but I love banners. Perma swift + a leap + blast finisher.

Yeah, that build was definitely interesting. Enough so to actually make me sit here and theory-craft about it at work.

I think I’m going to swap out the geomancy sigil on the longbow to a doom sigil. It seems the build plays most comfortably at medium range (900 range is the radius for traited banner buffs, as well as the max range to connect with a savage leap + shield bash combo). By the time I’ve hit the combo to get up close, flurried, then moved back to medium range via shield stance or leap, the opponents tend to be panicked from all the conditions and desperately trying to hit their heals. Dropping aoe poison on them with an arcing shot at that point seems like it would be brutal.

As for banners, any particular reason you guys chose banner of discipline over banner of defense? The aoe fury is nice, but I think the extra vit/tough would be clutch against a zerg. Then again, you guys didn’t seem to have any trouble surviving in that video, so the extra defense might be a bit overkill.

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

styx.7294

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Yeah, that build was definitely interesting. Enough so to actually make me sit here and theory-craft about it at work.

I think I’m going to swap out the geomancy sigil on the longbow to a doom sigil. It seems the build plays most comfortably at medium range (900 range is the radius for traited banner buffs, as well as the max range to connect with a savage leap + shield bash combo). By the time I’ve hit the combo to get up close, flurried, then moved back to medium range via shield stance or leap, the opponents tend to be panicked from all the conditions and desperately trying to hit their heals. Dropping aoe poison on them with an arcing shot at that point seems like it would be brutal.

As for banners, any particular reason you guys chose banner of discipline over banner of defense? The aoe fury is nice, but I think the extra vit/tough would be clutch against a zerg. Then again, you guys didn’t seem to have any trouble surviving in that video, so the extra defense might be a bit overkill.

If you wanna start bringing AoE healing/buff banner warrior, I am okay with that.

Gate of Madness

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

Zumi.6384

I actually tried this with XOXO and it worked. Got a 1v1 with Obs (well, as much as you can 1v1 in the busy crossroads of EB).

Did you bring his head to Pierre after the match was over?

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

5/24 T7 NSP/DR/GoM

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Did you bring his head to Pierre after the match was over?

No, you should know how my duels go. Either someone falls asleep or a zerg shows up. In this case it turned out that NSP wanted to put down catas there.

Gate of Madness