5/31: FA-TC-SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

We’re bored. Can we come back to TC and FA?

Dont get lazy, if you slingshot to T1 on the backs of your 695 SEA, it’s gonna be a VERY dramatic swing.

But you know this already no?

It’s not just our sea. We’ve been ticking 500+ all day. It’s so kitten boring most of us are roaming around looking for something to kill.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Yeah, T3 is a bloody mess…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

In other news, we defended a hut from marauding enemies.

For the Garnished Hut!

I prefer Mif’s score updates. it comes with cookies

<3

soo much sugar ; A ;

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shanks.8793

Shanks.8793

Give me more TC!!! I still see some green towers in our BL

End Ascends [End] GM / Eredon Terrace
Duke Marco – Duke Allycat – Boa Hancuck
– Duchess Cute – Duke Garp – Shiecko.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Give me more TC!!! I still see some green towers in our BL

I’m actually a little sad you left ET .. who am I gonna chat with when I visit there?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

We’re bored. Can we come back to TC and FA?

Nah. We got a new buddy now. :O

But what if you simply pass us and go straight to T1?

word of advice SoS, don’t complain about a 2v1…it will make worse.

It’s not a 2v1. FA/TC are smart servers, they know we don’t have the all around numbers and whatnot to defend all of our maps (being a server with smaller population), it’s the same issue ET has. Pushing us is “easier points”. Would I like to see the 2 T2 servers pick on someone their own size? Of course, but this is a good wake-up call for SoS and I’m excited to be here.

We did, they whined about it for 3 weeks.

LMAO. Good game.

(edited by Aylaine.1036)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

There are more views and posts in this thread and the tier three thread than there are in the tier one thread.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

I don’t see any FA towers on TC bl. I don’t see any TC towers on FA bl. I see plenty of both on SoS bl. It’s fun having a tier 4 (should have gone to tier 3) server in tier 2 isn’t it? Let’s not pretend anyone on either side is looking for a good fight.

If SoS stood a chance of rallying this weekend, the approach both FA and TC have taken to SoS bl is preventing it from happening.

Let’s talk meta for a second, both TC and FA are servers who will focus on their home BL first, in fact on FA (I can’t speak for Tc) we have guilds who will not go anywhere else until our BL is ours. Welcome to tier two, where guilds will drop everything to resecure their BL. (Unfair, or smart play?
)

(edited by kylia.4813)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReapersSolitude.1940

ReapersSolitude.1940

The way I see it our commanders need to come together we are all splitting zergs and not listening to each other. We all have egos and we need to listen to each other and team up, throw the egos to the side . we do have numbers but being spread out and demanding a zerg do something is going to make us fail and not work 4 commanders running around is not tactical. Just my two sense.. when the enemy sees a weakness they capitalize on it

ReapersSolitude -LVL 80 Guardian/Fate/Commander – SOS has been my home since day one.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LFMTotoro.7236

LFMTotoro.7236

There are more views and posts in this thread and the tier three thread than there are in the tier one thread.

Tier 1 is too busy fighting to post would be the logical conclusion to that observation. As for Tier 3 that match up is simply horrible RNG, it’s the only one in NA that’s so one sided (EU have one similar case). Our situation is in no way as bad as what SBI and Maguuma are in and you really should stop trying to make it seem as such.

in Match-ups

Aylaine.1036

The way I see it our commanders need to come together we are all splitting zergs and not listening to each other. We all have egos and we need to listen to each other and team up, throw the egos to the side . we do have numbers but being spread out and demanding a zerg do something is going to make us fail and not work 4 commanders running around is not tactical. Just my two sense.. when the enemy sees a weakness they capitalize on it

You may have the green syndrome. Being green for so long, sometimes things get screwy. I know TC got like that a few times.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lymain.6723

Lymain.6723

Not that I care about it much, but I’m wondering if the server rating system encourages TC and FA to stomp SoS into the ground. Seems like a close finish between FA and TC wouldn’t hurt either server much, but basically every point SoS scores hurts the other two servers. I’m not saying anyone should really care, but it’s a possible flaw in the system?

[AS] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Yup. If SoS just holds its own it will gain crazy rating. For TC or FA to gain anything really they have to win by a major margin.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

I hope FA loses a lot of rating

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Hi SoS,

Typically how we handle allegations of hacks is to hit /join or /invite with a member of the enemy so that it gets resolved in game quickly and doesn’t drag unwarranted drama to our match threads. I assure you, our guys don’t tolerate hacks and that guild in particular that you have highlighted is completely against it. More often than not, the allegations are proved unfounded, there’s some reasonable explanation for it, but dragging it onto the forums does nothing but create bad blood between servers.

Send your photos and information to Anet at exploits@arena.net .. but please don’t post them here.

Thanks.

in Match-ups

Aylaine.1036

Why?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Why?

I’m going to guess it’s because he’s not coveting an SoR-BG-FA matchup next week…

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Not that I care about it much, but I’m wondering if the server rating system encourages TC and FA to stomp SoS into the ground. Seems like a close finish between FA and TC wouldn’t hurt either server much, but basically every point SoS scores hurts the other two servers. I’m not saying anyone should really care, but it’s a possible flaw in the system?

Kinda but not really…

Yes TC and FA would need to push hard to gain Rating, but at the same time the same RNG element that put SoS in “T2” will ensure we see varied matchups ourselves. Neither Server is really “bleeding” Rating and can be recovered over time.

This is actually a perfect example of why the new matchup system is better. Rating is finally “shifting down” from T1/T2 to lower Tiers and lower-tier Servers can “play for Rating” even when outmatched Coverage-wise.

For people who want scoring that is weighted for Coverage/etc that is pretty much exactly what Rating Evolution is

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I don’t see any FA towers on TC bl. I don’t see any TC towers on FA bl. I see plenty of both on SoS bl. It’s fun having a tier 4 (should have gone to tier 3) server in tier 2 isn’t it? Let’s not pretend anyone on either side is looking for a good fight.

If SoS stood a chance of rallying this weekend, the approach both FA and TC have taken to SoS bl is preventing it from happening.

Let’s talk meta for a second, both TC and FA are servers who will focus on their home BL first, in fact on FA (I can’t speak for Tc) we have guilds who will not go anywhere else until our BL is ours. Welcome to tier two, where guilds will drop everything to resecure their BL. (Unfair, or smart play?
)

Ummm, don’t put TC in the some group of stupid that FA is in. TC protects their home yes, but they don’t do it to the point that it becomes a detriment like FA does. You could literally send a group of 20 people over to FA’s home BL, and just have that group to charge at the 60-80 man zerg that shows up to stop them while you take everything else they have on any other map.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

)

Ummm, don’t put TC in the some group of stupid that FA is in. TC protects their home yes, but they don’t do it to the point that it becomes a detriment like FA does. You could literally send a group of 20 people over to FA’s home BL, and just have that group to charge at the 60-70 man zerg that shows up to stop them while you take everything else they have on any other map.

That was when BT/VK were there, FA’s not so much like this anymore.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

As someone who defended TCBL all night last night, I’m quite offended by the “2v1” posts on the last page. Our NA crew stayed up later than usual to push FA off our map, and even later to keep them out of hills. All the while dealing with your constant pokes at bay the whole night. Please dont start with the tin foil hats THIS early into the matchup, the two servers you are up against can field more than one map at a time.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

)

Ummm, don’t put TC in the some group of stupid that FA is in. TC protects their home yes, but they don’t do it to the point that it becomes a detriment like FA does. You could literally send a group of 20 people over to FA’s home BL, and just have that group to charge at the 60-70 man zerg that shows up to stop them while you take everything else they have on any other map.

Yes they are. I was literally a part of small groups that went and took a starting tower on FA and watched 70 of them show up to take it back while other groups just took everything else they had on other maps.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

)

Yes they are. I was literally a part of small groups that went and took a starting tower on FA and watched 70 of them show up to take it back while other groups just took everything else they had on other maps.

I’ve seen us do the same thing at various times of the day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LFMTotoro.7236

LFMTotoro.7236

Our garrison must have the best cookies in the world or something, you TC folks just keep coming back >_<

(edited by LFMTotoro.7236)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Let’s try this again…

Attempt to contact an Officer from ESP in-game and in the meantime feel free to report them at Exploits@arena.net.

It is against ANet Policy to make any cheating/hacking accusations on the forums and you should know this by now

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Our garrison must have the best cookies in the world or something, you TC folks just keep coming back >_<

LOL@ that user name.

The chips are “WxP flavored” I suspect.

I hope I have time to play tonight.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Match-ups

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Let’s try this again…

Attempt to contact an Officer from ESP in-game and in the meantime feel free to report them at Exploits@arena.net.

It is against ANet Policy to make any cheating/hacking accusations on the forums and you should know this by now

Thank you, Mr. Moderator. You could have just said that in the PM.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Match-ups

Andy.9137

Why?

I’m going to guess it’s because he’s not coveting an SoR-BG-FA matchup next week…

I’m into more small scale stuff and my group of 3 has been running from a zerg for the last 45 minutes, It gets boring.

(edited by Andy.9137)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

P.S. Sunspots i saw you twice last night I was the necro that started to chase you some at SE garrison after a small engagement :P

I dunno, I’m not the big pink Norn ranger anymore…

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I’m into more small scale stuff and my group of 3 has been running from a zerg for the last 45 minutes, It gets boring.

If you want small scale stuff you just gotta stop being famous. I am sorry to say that you get specifically called out in map chat “Santa is at…” “Pickles is roaming around south Hills…”

My advice is to run around FA BL or SoS BL. TC BL + Pickles = you going to get zerged / hunted endlessly.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in Match-ups

Andy.9137

If you want small scale stuff you just gotta stop being famous. I am sorry to say that you get specifically called out in map chat “Santa is at…” “Pickles is roaming around south Hills…”

My advice is to run around FA BL or SoS BL. TC BL + Pickles = you going to get zerged / hunted endlessly.

hmm…idea, I wear a helmet.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

Yikes, I think I got singed just from walking into that T3 thread; I don’t think SBI/Mag are used to dealing with Arrow Carts being everywhere.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Its hilarious really, there are so many FA celebrities we watch for!

Edit: I’m not sure if the DRMS “commander” (ele) reads the forums or not, but its fun fighting you, and last night in TCBL was full of really good fights with you.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Ummm, don’t put TC in the some group of stupid that FA is in. TC protects their home yes, but they don’t do it to the point that it becomes a detriment like FA does. You could literally send a group of 20 people over to FA’s home BL, and just have that group to charge at the 60-80 man zerg that shows up to stop them while you take everything else they have on any other map.

Stop. Just stop.

Embarrassing.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Stop. Just stop.

Embarrassing.

Yea. Just a different group of stupid…

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

P.S. Sunspots i saw you twice last night I was the necro that started to chase you some at SE garrison after a small engagement :P

I dunno, I’m not the big pink Norn ranger anymore…

I thought you switched to blue hair didn’t you? There was a [PINK] blue haired female norm last night… I believe she had the dreamer.

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Yikes, I think I got singed just from walking into that T3 thread; I don’t think SBI/Mag are used to dealing with Arrow Carts being everywhere.

Sbi should be, god only knows cd drop enough of them. What they won’t be used to is db players running from fights…

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fujikura.6754

Fujikura.6754

There are quite a few guilds on SoS that will show respect to downed players. If anyone sees a guild on SoS that starts the /laugh or any disrespectful emotes please notify us and we will get that taken care of.

Great fights so far see a lot of PINK and EP guys out there. you have been Giving FANG, SoV, and AoA a good fight guys. We enjoy it. Even though we are behind in points we are not beaten. :-D

Sea of Sorrows
Swords of Villanousity [SoV]
www.villanousity.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: NotInTheFace.6075

NotInTheFace.6075

Thanks for the kind words from the number 4 and 6 ranked servers. Been running commander against your servers on EB quite alot and I must say your servers are impressive. Appreciate the respect shown. We are trying to bring the fight the best we can its odd for SoS to be getting the buff for being outnumbered constantly. You are definitely causing us to think much differently on how to do things and making us work much faster to ninja what we can. We hope to make a run at finishing 2nd at least and will strive for first, but realistically I think we all know that would be a major stretch. See you all across the battlefield.

Fur Sack
Fate Commander
SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s refreshing to play against people that don’t resort to hacks :P

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

You guys give more wxp than SBI/CD combined. Thanks!

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

hmm…idea, I wear a helmet.

your best bet would probably be to make a squishy character. what usually happens is someone calls out “what the hell?!? that guy just wouldn’t die!!! he took out 5 of us!” then we ask “was it an FA guardian with a beard?” “yeah…” “that’s pickles.”

that’s when “oh crap! it’s pickles!!!” starts, and we form a 15+ “anti-pickles squad” to hunt you down.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Had a blast this afternoon in the TC borderlands. We were rather surprised when we bumrushed your garison to find 6-7 unmaned golems keeping the lord company. We were even more surprised the folowup on hills worked. Sadly when we went for the hat trick with bay our golems got wiped out but still had much fun fighting over bay for another hour till RL called and I had to take off.

Either way glad to be faceing you guys as frankly the SOS/CD/SBI matchup was stagnating badly and was not all that much fun anymore. We may be this matches whipping boy but at least were strong enough and tenacious enough to not get compleatly stomped. Heck an uphill battle vs improbable odds is probably what we needed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyrych.8174

Kyrych.8174

SOS, you guys are doing great. You managed to rank up 2 ranks already and if you keep it up you will get 7th spot. You need to concentrate on securing your BL and keep your third of EB. If you manage that, it will be a great achievement.

Chudozver [EP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Can I get score update please, just want to know how new matchmaking system is working.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Garreth MacLeod.4158

Garreth MacLeod.4158

Well the new matchup system has given us an interesting one for sure. SoS is gaining rank so much it’s amazing. Hats off to you guys and gals. FA, I guess we are just stuck with each other. lol

Leader, Phantom Coven – GW1 & GW2
Garreth (Ra), Elizabeth (El), Fiona (Me), Morrigan (N)
Ceana (G), Briana (Th), Snowbourn (Eng), Onchu (W)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Can I get score update please, just want to know how new matchmaking system is working.

http://mos.millenium.org/na

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Great match so far. I would like FA to focus a little more on TC border especially since they are the clear #1 out of 3. It will keep things closer for rest of the week. Regardless who wins great fights.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Salute to all those who came to fight last night on TCBL. All sides showed up and I don’t think anyone just hid away in any towers all night. Here’s a bit of it from [PiNK]’s perspective:

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Hi TC, we miss you guys.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression