5/31: FA-TC-SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Most of the SOS posters in this thread remind me a bit of how we were then. Tough and not giving up. You should take a look at how things are going, because you’re definately holding more than one tower on four maps. Don’t defeat yourself before you even learn how great it feels to pull together against tough tough odds. Ask the SOS vets who knew what Tier 1 (and its tactics) was like.

Actually we arent even defeating ourselves,we had momments after the great exodus of the bandwagoneers that make us proud to be SoS.
Like stoping two full zergs from getting an all holes valey keep with 50 people.
Atm we are a little bit rusty because the previous match up we had to chase the enemy for miles to get a badge,and perhaps slightly frustrated that some people got spoiled by zerging around and forgot the basics.
But its coming back fast,along with our usual humor.
Personaly i am enjoying the current matchup and i do hope to see stuff i havent seen before from both tc and fa.
Now if the skill lag gets fixed as well,it would make it even better.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

TC and FA zergs are twice the size of SoS ones. That just means they drop twice the amount of loot bags.

So far in EB…

TC zergs are too afraid to leave the huddle so much that hey let me stand next to them on the ground picking them off one by one. <3

FA zergs are a little more aggressive. They go for the kill.

I suppose a selective memory function has its uses .

Not really. Just what I’ve encountered. Also don’t take it personally. Take it as a compliment. TC has personality. <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Cheeze whiz also has personality… and its delicious :p

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

Saw this RET legend quaggan chilling so we went to chill with it.

Then he died :’(

LOL that’s Berylia! XD

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Posted by: littlemac.5624

littlemac.5624

This is honestly the most fun I’ve had in WvW for as long as I can remember. Win, lose, outmanned or not, every fight has been incredibly enjoyable and a great learning experience. Thanks for the warm welcome to T2

Just Call Me Eli [ORL] — Sea of Sorrows
That very red Sylvari Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Garreth MacLeod.4158

Garreth MacLeod.4158

I think this is confirming a lot of people’s original suspicions that SoS firmly belonged in T3, not T4.

MOS currently has them jumping up 3 positions in the rankings. Very nice work SoS. You guys just keep coming back.

Had a lot of fun today in FABL, TCBL, and EB (yes, i played a lot today. lol) Fights with FA were epic as always.

Leader, Phantom Coven – GW1 & GW2
Garreth (Ra), Elizabeth (El), Fiona (Me), Morrigan (N)
Ceana (G), Briana (Th), Snowbourn (Eng), Onchu (W)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

NR had alot of fun in FA bls tonight. Enjoyed the 50 man TC zergs chasing 6 of us around the southern part of the map. lolol.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Catixie.6351

Catixie.6351

Nice try to FA just then in stonemist. That was absolutely insane.

I had fun though I hope yous did too

Katixie TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Wow nice fight in SMC just now. Was a ton of fun and lots of profit!

All is vain.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Wow nice fight in SMC just now. Was a ton of fun and lots of profit!

Dat SMC Fight! Lasted about an hour….and SO MUCH SKILL LAG.

Also, I stood in the circle for the cap and helped down the lord four separate times….and got no credit for the cap. ANET HAS TROLLED ME.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I just want to say after watching GoT episode 9 that if any enemy server sets foot on SoS Borderlands, we will be nice and hospitable at first… Then BAM! crossbows shooting at you from everywhere and asurans coming out of water with daggers in their teeth, lunging at you from every direction like mad dogs. Slit! there goes your siegerazer’s doliak! Wham! the pretty looking Norn chic thief stabs you and stealths away and this will continue until you are dead or maps all red!

:D See you tomorrow in game.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Well the only example I can think of is playing a higher ranked football team. We schedule games against 5A opponents to try and get better. The first quarter you are in awe at how tight and well drilled they are. Even though you get your kitten handed to you, it makes you better.

Many times this week I have seen some nice tactics from both TC and FA. Split up their force in two. One group faces off and distracts the enemy while the other loops around to flank. I see it developing but can’t type fast enough to give out the warning.

There are many other examples but too many to list.

So yea, SoS is in over their head. Honestly though this has been more enjoyable than the previous weeks snoozefests vs CD/SBI

Even though we are getting pummeled, change is good. Much prefferable than month long stagnant matchups.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

Ouch. TC’s maintaining big numbers throughout the night and we can’t keep up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

I believe if anything, this shows that with a little more coverage/participation, SoS could easily be a T2 Competitive Server. Before, it was hard to gauge where everyone was in their respective tiers since they dominated so badly (and not being on that server to observe too) but with the new matchup system, we can see how those other servers that won a lot (Like SoS, or EB for example) do when they’re placed in a higher tier, and get an idea of where they are at!

Great fights today with [LeeT]. ^-~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Well SoS doing nice at the moment Good evening oceanics.

SoS +300
TC +235
FA +160

Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Catixie.6351

SoS and their 3 way in Lowlands just then, I went to turn and bam hit in the face with your big ball of red. Well played

Katixie TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jermz.4613

Jermz.4613

http://i.imgur.com/H0meeok.jpg

Loving the new match ups! TC and FA really giving us some awesome fights.

Sea of Sorrows ~ gw2-seaofsorrows.com
[HLX] Helix Leader ~ http://helix.venturegamers.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

I got to say eb fa keep wow so many bags, I got 200 badges if honour in last 2 hours

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Catixie.6351

Lol TC has been on LLK for so long now you need to take advantage of our stubborness

Katixie TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jermz.4613

Jermz.4613

Lol TC has been on LLK for so long now you need to take advantage of our stubborness

I believe we are…

http://i.imgur.com/NkTOAoo.jpg

Sea of Sorrows ~ gw2-seaofsorrows.com
[HLX] Helix Leader ~ http://helix.venturegamers.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nasdy.4927

Nasdy.4927

Just wanted to make a shout out to AVTR on FA borderlands. You defended bay well. Also noticed that the small ops groups from both FA and TC are all so tanky! Had some very good long fights that really tests your skills. One wrong push on a skill button, and you know you’re dead!

Seems like SoS still has an incredible oceanic coverage during weekdays. We’re at 340ppt just now!

Nasdy Rat – Asura Guardian
Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noaargh.7069

Noaargh.7069

Thanks for the awesome fights tonight FA & TC. Our guild had lots of fun!

Noarrgh | Guardian 80
Proud Officer of [HLX]
Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Just wanted to make a shout out to AVTR on FA borderlands. You defended bay well. Also noticed that the small ops groups from both FA and TC are all so tanky! Had some very good long fights that really tests your skills. One wrong push on a skill button, and you know you’re dead!

Seems like SoS still has an incredible oceanic coverage during weekdays. We’re at 340ppt just now!

SoS is an oceanic server first and foremost. We got to tier one because we got an influx of NA guilds and one amazingly good EU guild. When they all left… back down the tiers we went. But we will always have a strong Oceanic coverage.

This has been a great fight so far. I don’t mind dropping bags everywhere because at times I’m picking them up just as much.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

I think I saw us as high as 420 ppt?

Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dugald.4095

Dugald.4095

About to face the FA juggernaut… (salute to FA and SoS)

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Mortis Umbra [MU]
http://mortisumbra.enjin.com/

(edited by Dugald.4095)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nasdy.4927

Nasdy.4927

SoS is an oceanic server first and foremost. We got to tier one because we got an influx of NA guilds and one amazingly good EU guild. When they all left… back down the tiers
we went. But we will always have a strong Oceanic coverage.

This has been a great fight so far. I don’t mind dropping bags everywhere because at times I’m picking them up just as much.

Yeah I know we are still mainly oceanic. I’ve been on SoS since day 1, and we did lose a few oceanic guilds over the times, though not a whole lot.
We did reach 420ppt at one point yes, my memory went a bit haywire.

Nasdy Rat – Asura Guardian
Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

We got as high as 440. Very proud of SOS right now. Punching far above our weight!

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

About to face the FA juggernaut… (salute to FA and SoS)

Oh hai! I’m in there somewhere

Good fights last night again. Managed to beat some big groups in SOS bl and hold the bay until it was everybody’s bedtime.

Have a great week all.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

TC your push just now into SM was epic, you guys deserved to have it haha. I feel sad losing it but definitely well earned on your part.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

TY for the props. Though I wasnt on much during SoS’ big push.

If you see a Female D/D Elementalist from AVTR constantly zerg diving and taking on impossible odds, that’s me xD.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Basedgod.7328

Crosses fingers that SoS’ Oceanics are mostly Queenslanders and from NSW, and will take a night off WvW on Wednesday, and then hope FAs oceanics are from other states.

Funniest Ele NA
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Crosses fingers that SoS’ Oceanics are mostly Queenslanders and from NSW, and will take a night off WvW on Wednesday, and then hope FAs oceanics are from other states.

lol no-one else in the world is going to understand that.

Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: LFMTotoro.7236

LFMTotoro.7236

But what if we can watch from where we play on Wednesday? >_>

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Wait… there’s other states in Australia apart from Vic/NSW and QLD??? :P

And what do you mean Oceanic includes NZ? What’s NZ?

/hides

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Basedgod.7328

Wait… there’s other states in Australia apart from Vic/NSW and QLD??? :P

And what do you mean Oceanic includes NZ? What’s NZ?

/hides

There is a Tasmanian in AVTR.

He is a male Guardian with blonde hair.

We wont mind if you kill him for us >:[.

Funniest Ele NA
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Great job last night, SoS. You took advantage of a great opportunity during your strong time-period and really racked up the points. I’m very happy to see you’re fighting so hard!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I feel so proud to be a part of SoS again. This ENTIRE weekend we were constantly outmanned in EB, even then we had quick reactions, amazing defense and even a little zerg bustin’!

Who said roaming is dead?! 5 man FoE roaming team had a blast last night running back and forth in the south of EB, running into groups much larger than us (fight for danelon was awesome!).

I do love the people who will /dance on our corpse after a 5v20, you guys must be so proud!

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

It is a shame the new matchmaking system is punishing some for winning and rewarding others for bullying.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Hi DPS. “Kamusta”.

^,..,^

Keep it up TC

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

It is a shame the new matchmaking system is punishing some for winning and rewarding others for bullying.

You clearly don’t understand how glicko ratings work…

in Match-ups

Hadan.2841

I feel so proud to be a part of SoS again. This ENTIRE weekend we were constantly outmanned in EB, even then we had quick reactions, amazing defense and even a little zerg bustin’!

Who said roaming is dead?! 5 man FoE roaming team had a blast last night running back and forth in the south of EB, running into groups much larger than us (fight for danelon was awesome!).

I do love the people who will /dance on our corpse after a 5v20, you guys must be so proud!

Roaming is never dead in high tiers as so many say. Yes theres def more zerging then roaming but we find our small scales each and every night and love it. I think every1 does tht /dance stuff lol. I knw last week when it was DB/TC our 5 man would kite 20-40 TC/DB for a good 5mins around the south side of the map. If they did manage to get us tht one time as a grp they would spam /laugh when in reality we were laughing at them for sending that many to get us and taking that long to kill us

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Feed Me Change.6528

Roaming is never dead in high tiers as so many say. Yes theres def more zerging then roaming but we find our small scales each and every night and love it. I think every1 does tht /dance stuff lol. I knw last week when it was DB/TC our 5 man would kite 20-40 TC/DB for a good 5mins around the south side of the map. If they did manage to get us tht one time as a grp they would spam /laugh when in reality we were laughing at them for sending that many to get us and taking that long to kill us

I see your point.

Last night, in FA BL (fighting TC though)TC brought 15 people to kill 3 and STILL took them a while, even while I was dying I was spamming /laugh because it took so many people to kill us. And /laugh after you run away from even numbers into your T3 keep with cannons and 3 Arrows carts means you are bad.

I wish I could send messages to other players and set up an even fight in the open field.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

^or they’re seeing if they can bait you into coming closer to it.

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

You clearly don’t understand how glicko ratings work…

No i do, just stating my annoyance with it.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Yeah, I’ve recently discovered the joy of small roaming teams, and have been doing a ton of it the last couple days. You definitely come across the zergs that will chase down a couple people, but I count that as a “win” simply because they wasted 20-70 people to kill 2-5 people and set back whatever they were doing by a minute. There have been times I will intentionally run into an enemy zerg to slow them down or spread them out when our zerg is trying to take an objective.

But anyway, I’ve discovered that Rangers are actually a good choice for participating in roaming teams, and I’ve have been having a ball on mine for the past week. Had to dust my ranger off and completely regear and respec for “escape mechanisms,” etc, but it was totally worth it.

Roaming in T2 is very much alive, in any case.

in Match-ups

Feed Me Change.6528

^or they’re seeing if they can bait you into coming closer to it.

Sad part is we do and we kill them right outside their portal… I just wish my bags wouldn’t run

in Match-ups

Hadan.2841

ahaha hey bro NR is down to do smallscale. We roam anywhere. If we see your grp u better be rdy for a fight. We dont use keeps/towers with ACs to help us

I think the TC who were in our bls all weekend saw us the most at south camp and vale lol. BTW tc 15 ppl sitting in vale upgrading it! a lil overkill no? lol jp

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

(edited by Hadan.2841)

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Its funny because dying is a much more frequent occurrence in GW2 than in most other games i have played. I got used to dying early on.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Hadan.2841

the only time i hate when i die is when i make a mistake on my part that caused me to get killed. If i do everything right and still die then i accept it

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mich.3981

Mich.3981

Awesome fights TC and FA!! Went into this match-up not knowing what to expect, but when we can match the numbers, the fights are epic! Glad to be here, and thanks for having us!

Michiepoo/Ranger Mich
[Rekz]