5/31: FA-TC-SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Dear FA in SoSbl…,
I love you so much, but when I try and run into your spawn tower in my little quaggan form you attack me, you try to kill me, and I was just trying to say hello in my cutest form
Sincerely,
A very sad quaggan

Some people look at quaggans and see ‘cute’, others look at them and see a big, colourful loot bag turned sideways with a face drawn on. You can see how this might lead to confusion…

Personally I’m more sympathetic to asura, it looks so cruel when you’ve got one or more huge characters beating one to death, and in downed state it yells in this pitiful voice, ’I’m hurt! Help me!’ only to die alone and forgotten.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Thanks for fights tonight on SoSBL.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

Dear FA in SoSbl…,
I love you so much, but when I try and run into your spawn tower in my little quaggan form you attack me, you try to kill me, and I was just trying to say hello in my cutest form
Sincerely,
A very sad quaggan

Some people look at quaggans and see ‘cute’, others look at them and see a big, colourful loot bag turned sideways with a face drawn on. You can see how this might lead to confusion…

Personally I’m more sympathetic to asura, it looks so cruel when you’ve got one or more huge characters beating one to death, and in downed state it yells in this pitiful voice, ’I’m hurt! Help me!’ only to die alone and forgotten.

That may be true…but this little asuran packs quite the punch…typically more than a few FA can handle

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Thanks for fights tonight on SoSBL.

YOU LEAVE OUR Borderlands ALONE, be gone nasty PinK.

Jokes aside WOW you guys field a big force.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

I can feel the love from TC fielding 2 main guild groups PiNK and EP on SoS BL during NA. <3

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in Match-ups

Sunspots.9861

We <3 [EP]. Most of the TC Guilds work really well together so its exciting when we end up on the same map. Pink n’ Purple!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vazqo.8012

Vazqo.8012

That garrison fight on FABL…..intense

Czarist/Vazqo/Vazco et al
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Not really. But nice try [NR]. Hope you liked my krait train.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

I’m pretty sure Ancient WvW law dictates that RET and CERN are now bonded as friendly rivals for life now that Commander Nightlight and Commander Stawker have dueled both as zergs and as individuals.

Great fights, guys. We’ll see you in the field.

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

Funny PvPvE fight earlier… Grub-vs-TC-vs-SoS. I think those SoS really really hated me, multiple times between them and grub poison I’m getting downed, but then they’re too busy trying to stomp me to interrupt revives or something, so moments later I’m up again.

Ironically the SoS provided better loot than the grub/chest.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

Dear FA in SoSbl…,
Sincerely,
A very sad quaggan

I was there! I told them “NO! Don’t attack!” I even had my commander tag on Then I went on the ruins bridge as a griffin and you guys killed me

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

Went to launch fireworks on the FA keep bridge earlier… but I was murdered and someone ran off with the fireworks. :|

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmEM.6072

iAmEM.6072

I just wanna share this to all.. Enjoy guys
Deep Penetrations Hard core SEA GUILD

Skills vs Numbers

Head South East Asian Commander
Fort-Aspenwood/[DPS] Deep Penetrations

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tomas Godlewski.4086

Tomas Godlewski.4086

so the australian and maybe NZ numbers should be gone for the next hour and a half. State of Origin has started.

Fire Gateway Two – Sea of Sorrows
Ominous Threat [oT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

so the australian and maybe NZ numbers should be gone for the next hour and a half. State of Origin has started.

So is the British & Irish Lions v Western Force. State of Origin is only watched in NSW
and Cheatsland.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: holojiejie.1029

holojiejie.1029

and NSW has creamed all over those dirty Queenslanders.
SUCCESS!

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Skills vs Numbers

Hopefully the SoS guilds in that video look at themselves and realize they aren’t really up to scratch and improve themselves.

Playing in T4 for so long has left a ton of people rusty.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

It is impressive. I have seen our newer wvwers play with full berserkers. From my experience, that never works with organized guild groups , but hey what am I to tell them how to play the game!

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Skills vs Numbers

Within the first 5 seconds of that vid, you would’ve all been instantly dead against a tier 1 server.

Against an organized group that is, against pugs probably 50/50.

It would actually be one of those " lol, what were they thinking" moments….

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

(edited by Aurust.8961)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Good to see SoS doing great, and fighting. FA and TC are formidable opponents. Respect.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

Within the first 5 seconds of that vid, you would’ve all been instantly dead against a tier 1 server.

We all know that Aurust loves Aurust. Go back to the T1 thread you worthless spiv, no one cares about anything you say or do.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

We all know that Aurust loves Aurust. Go back to the T1 thread you worthless spiv, no one cares about anything you say or do.

You care enough to tell me no one cares?

And, I hope one of their members cares enough to private message me on why that would occur….

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

(edited by Aurust.8961)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

You care enough to tell me no one cares?

Don’t mistake caring for the health of this thread with caring about you when we tell you to gtko.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

It is impressive. I have seen our newer wvwers play with full berserkers. From my experience, that never works with organized guild groups , but hey what am I to tell them how to play the game!

It’s interesting you mention this. We’ve encountered quite a few very squishy SoS and have had conversations wondering why they’re wearing zerker gear in WvW….

Someone needs to educate them a bit… If nothing else, Knights gear is a minor decrease in damage, and a good increase in survivability….

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I really wonder why the forums don’t have an ignore option, it’ll save the mods a ton of trouble, and god knows they are busy enough as it is.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vadar.5724

Vadar.5724

Skills vs Numbers

I was the commander of the sos in that vid. I’m the one with the legend title. This was right at the end of our night after most of my guild and others had logged. We decided we’d humour you and try to stall you there as long as possible while we had your stuff on eb. That was also the first time all night we’d been wiped by FA while only spending our time there for about 5 hours. Why didn’t you post one of those?

What’s with the skills vs numbers title? You had many more than us and obviously more skills as evident from the video. Although, we weren’t even bothering, you can see most of us jumping around in spawn.

Was a fun night though, thank you FA and a special thanks to uA.

(edited by Vadar.5724)

in Match-ups

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

Skills vs Numbers

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“Skills vs Numbers” then proceeds to show 3 minutes of staff 1 spam.

Thanks for the laughs. You’ve made my day.

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Skills vs Numbers

I have to imagine you are trolling right? Not only are you clicking your skills but you mostly just use Staff 1 spam. Also you pretty clearly have equal or > numbers than they do, remember it doesnt draw all of your allies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Some people look at quaggans and see ‘cute’, others look at them and see a big, colourful loot bag turned sideways with a face drawn on.

“We started pushing around the little butterballs. All in fun, of course. Then they got mad, and that’s when the REAL problems started.”
— Argoth Onehand, former adventurer

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

You guys are misreading the title. Its skill 1 vs numbers of opponents

Sheesh :p

PS people can post vids wiping FA groups also. It’s a two way street.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

that picture def shows one thing. You CERN dudes never stick around for a small scale fight unless u have ur 50man zerg ball around the cornor

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Attachments:

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Aylaine.1036

that picture def shows one thing. You CERN dudes never stick around for a small scale fight unless u have ur 50man zerg ball around the cornor

3v1 isn’t a fight, it’s more about survival in my opinion. If that’s a fight to you, then good for you. If I had 2 others with me, I’d have fought. But I got bored of juking you guys so I left you with the krait. Also, when running with our zerg, I don’t see any NR people. If you’re in the way when we pass by, that’s tough. ;D

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

Dear FA in SoSBL Garisson,
Why must you keep killing me in my dolyak greatness? can’t you just see I want to say hello?

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

We dont die to TC zerglins, we laugh as we kite them around the map. We beat on CERN’s small grps all the time. i just dont take SSs of every time we make ur grps look silly, but seeing how u love to SS my guild i think we will get a nice vid of u clowns

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

It’s interesting you mention this. We’ve encountered quite a few very squishy SoS and have had conversations wondering why they’re wearing zerker gear in WvW….

Someone needs to educate them a bit… If nothing else, Knights gear is a minor decrease in damage, and a good increase in survivability….

Gear should be reflective of your role within the group and your risk. This pervasive view that everyone go defensive because we all stand in a giant ball is a crutch, so you do not have to learn to position, move, dodge or rely on the support of your team.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Gear should be reflective of your role within the group and your risk. This pervasive view that everyone go defensive because we all stand in a giant ball is a crutch, so you do not have to learn to position, move, dodge or rely on the support of your team.

I like tankier builds. I tell other people to build tankier. If you can run a berserker build and live in WvW, kudos man! I’m not as awesome as you are. I don’t like someone in my group dying first and rallying the enemy team. I especially dislike being that person.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I like tankier builds. I tell other people to build tankier. If you can run a berserker build and live in WvW, kudos man! I’m not as awesome as you are. I don’t like someone in my group dying first and rallying the enemy team. I especially dislike being that person.

Gear should be a reflection of how you play, not a blanket approach. If you think you need to be tankier, then be tankier, but not everyone needs to be tankier.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I understand the need for people to embellish stories, edit videos etc to make themselves look “the best”. It likely does help personal morale.

I also hear many people say " $%& server X always melts" etc, I have heard this in the old t1, t2, t3, t4, t5. It has been said about every server.

I personally have seen very little difference in absolute skill lvls between servers.

Latency, numbers, finance available for computer, best use of current "questionable"skills, gold/cash spent on gear all of these things are difficult to factor in, but DO play a part in fight outcomes.

Good luck all, be proud of your efforts, but be truthful to yourselves.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Skills vs Numbers

Lol looks like you outnumbered us 3-1 even in your POV imagin how it looked like from our POV.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

We dont die to TC zerglins, we laugh as we kite them around the map. We beat on CERN’s small grps all the time. i just dont take SSs of every time we make ur grps look silly, but seeing how u love to SS my guild i think we will get a nice vid of u clowns

Do you honestly think this post makes you sound cool? or tough?

Trash talk just makes you look like trash…

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Do you honestly think this post makes you sound cool? or tough?

Trash talk just makes you look like trash…

If he provides a video and pics its no longer trash talk. Lets wait and see.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truth Eretai.3129

Truth Eretai.3129

I believe I’m one of the (if not only) CERN posting here at the moment. Would you kindly link me to the screenshots that were posted?

in Match-ups

Aylaine.1036

I believe I’m one of the (if not only) CERN posting here at the moment. Would you kindly link me to the screenshots that were posted?

He’s referring to my post:

Not really. But nice try [NR]. Hope you liked my krait train.

He decided to bring CERN into the argument over a funny picture.

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I have a great deal of respect for the active patrollers and watchers who have kept me/us honest all week. For me, some of the best fights this week have been small forces attacks and defences at camps!

I also loved the double portal into ANZ to wipe us last night in EB, classic, funny and very effective!

I look forward to the next time SoS draws, TC and/or FA in match lotto!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in Match-ups

Sunspots.9861

I think wherever SoS matches up next week, they can do so with some swagger. They proved in this match up that they are officially not the server moving down, but a new server moving up. I hope we see you guys again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If there are emotes, I do not see them. I have a separate tab for WvW that basically includes say, team, map, and whisper. Anything else can go into a different tab.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

There was an ele from your guild who thought he could whirlpool me to death. He promptly died and then actually followed me to Bay for more. When he realised he wasn’t going to win underwater, he retreated to the shore. I just jumped around him and /waved and then some other people came along and killed him.

It’s all in good fun, no need to get mad.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: JoshuaLim.5197

JoshuaLim.5197

Skills vs Numbers

I have to imagine you are trolling right? Not only are you clicking your skills but you mostly just use Staff 1 spam. Also you pretty clearly have equal or > numbers than they do, remember it doesnt draw all of your allies.

Firstly, this is obviously trolling. It was a hard day earlier during AU primetime so we decided to spawn camp the SoS militia after repelling them off lake tower. And spawn camping should never be taken seriously

Secondly iAmEm isn’t the guardian in the video. He is the ele commander. Just wanted to correct that misconception.

*Edited for typos.

Joshua Omgculling (Thief)
Fort Aspenwood | Deep Penetrations [DPS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

I ran around with some NAGA. They are the scary. But it was a good 90 badge kinda scary.

You’re welcome to run with us any time; you always seem to land on your feet! Very cat-like, we’d find you slinking around corners quite unexpectedly.

(And sorry for the late post, I don’t check/post in these forums too frequently!) — S.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.