6/21 Blackgate/Sanctum of Rall/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Hey guys, stopped in for some reads and noticed some dragonbrand confusion. CO did join rB making a really solid WvW guild. RE/FIRE merged making another. Our server is not dying. Getting more and more motivated and coordinated everyday. Coming from Blackgate this is the most fun I have ever had. I can’t wait to get matched up with you guys again. Win or loose my guild learns something new every time and we will be here for fights not matter what.

On a side note, it would be nice if people stopped trying to recruit us from all the other solid servers. Let us grow and give you more competition. The more you stack into these top 3/4 servers the less fun it is for you. Anyone looking for a real challenge in a peaceful great community. HMU! <3 much love.

Warsock, Leader of Reckless Bravery [rB]

Please do NOT let CO leave that server. Keep them there.. Worst case scenario send them anywhere but SoR. Thanks in advance.

CO really fell apart after Mayoken’s vacation. From another source I learned that after he moved to TC to be with RE, many members split off and moved to various servers like BG and SoR like me. The remainder I believe are now in rB. The guild was in its prime in Kaineng but after our move to DB activity dropped,

Mayo was never a great leader. He shouldn’t moved to 3 different servers in less than 3 months. Jumping from one ‘next big thing’ to the next does not help the guild.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kathy K.6812

Kathy K.6812

Oe! Wanted to drop by to show my respect to Tempest Wolves. Been rendering and uploading right off the bat to keep it hot and handy. Tis been a while since I had butterflies in me stomach like on this one… tough crew those TW. Kudos gentlemen.

PS-Your rifleman was devastating!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmzzIbPYMVc

kitten that was an intense GvG… I actually really wanted TW to at least win 1 of the 11 rounds :/

Great vid, see you on the field RG

in Match-ups

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

Oe! Wanted to drop by to show my respect to Tempest Wolves. Been rendering and uploading right off the bat to keep it hot and handy. Tis been a while since I had butterflies in me stomach like on this one… tough crew those TW. Kudos gentlemen.

like the opening of your video. you guys just killed rob stark

Blackgate since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Hey guys, stopped in for some reads and noticed some dragonbrand confusion. CO did join rB making a really solid WvW guild. RE/FIRE merged making another. Our server is not dying. Getting more and more motivated and coordinated everyday. Coming from Blackgate this is the most fun I have ever had. I can’t wait to get matched up with you guys again. Win or loose my guild learns something new every time and we will be here for fights not matter what.

On a side note, it would be nice if people stopped trying to recruit us from all the other solid servers. Let us grow and give you more competition. The more you stack into these top 3/4 servers the less fun it is for you. Anyone looking for a real challenge in a peaceful great community. HMU! <3 much love.

Please do NOT let CO leave that server. Keep them there.. Worst case scenario send them anywhere but SoR. Thanks in advance.

CO really fell apart after Mayoken’s vacation. From another source I learned that after he moved to TC to be with RE, many members split off and moved to various servers like BG and SoR like me. The remainder I believe are now in rB. The guild was in its prime in Kaineng but after our move to DB activity dropped,

It actually wasn’t many members but yes a few went to different servers, about 100 moved to rB. rB now has 200 active members. It’s been great so far. Just to clear things up.

Looks like this match might come down to the wire, excited to watch the outcome. Good Luck everyone.

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: XIII.6351

XIII.6351

Finally the king of EU and NA met.
Listening to Sacrx was so fun, kinda like pumps adrenaline to you.

Arcanum [Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall]
`Warrior/ `Necromancer/ `Guardian
That’s how it goes wrong, people think they’re fcking heroes.- Sacrx[Red Guard]

(edited by XIII.6351)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Define JQ Oceanic: Run if numbers are equal or similar, rush the hell out of them if they outnumber the enemy by 1:3.

Step up your game JQ it’s not fun fighting you.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in Match-ups

Posted by: AvengerCap.7983

AvengerCap.7983

From what I heard in TS, TW didn’t have enough melee on or their normal gvg MA.

I feel like it’s going to be difficult to coordinate proper GvGs between the different time zones just because of playtimes.

Was definitely fun to watch and listen to though.

Our melee MA was on. No excuses, RG was a tough heck of a fight and they beat us fair and square.

We know what we did wrong and what needs to be done to improve. We’ll make our changes.

/salute to RG. We’ll get you NEXT time, Gadget, next time…

Bestet Spiritpaws – 80 Charr Guardian
Bestet A – 80 Asura Necromancer
[RET] – Retribution

(edited by AvengerCap.7983)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

From what I heard in TS, TW didn’t have enough melee on or their normal gvg MA.

I feel like it’s going to be difficult to coordinate proper GvGs between the different time zones just because of playtimes.

Was definitely fun to watch and listen to though.

RG is amazing and they showed that. We have a lot of work to do on our end to shore things up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

We were missing a couple of our melee but it wasn’t excuse worthy. From fighting them, they really aren’t doing anything much different than us… they just did it better. Simply put, we got out played.

I am glad RG handed us our kitten because I have been saying for weeks we have been playing like kitten. They proved me right. We got complacent, lazy, and paid the price for it.

Hopefully we will learn something, get our kitten together, and be able to give you a worthy rematch.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crimedawg.8954

Crimedawg.8954

We were missing a couple of our melee but it wasn’t excuse worthy. From fighting them, they really aren’t doing anything much different than us… they just did it better. Simply put, we got out played.

I am glad RG handed us our kitten because I have been saying for weeks we have been playing like kitten. They proved me right. We got complacent, lazy, and paid the price for it.

Hopefully we will learn something, get our kitten together, and be able to give you a worthy rematch.

This is what makes this game fun for many of us. Whether it’s a new strat or a guild just doing something better raises the bar for so many guilds that push to improve. Some guilds just don’t care and there is nothing wrong with that but there are a handful of other guilds that take a loss as a challenge to step up their own game. These guilds welcome a beating with open arms as a chance to improve themselves. Glad to be part of one of those.

Much respect to those guilds that make us all better. Might be some bad blood between certain guilds but the respect is still there.

/salute

[Tsym] – Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall
Running 15 in a BL near you

(edited by Crimedawg.8954)

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Uhm… ? I’m amazed how easy some fights were then if we did exactly the same.

Anyway, thanks for the gvg TW. Had some fun stalking your eles

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

clearly theres no duble teaming going on at all :P

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

I am not sure why you feel the need to be disrespectful towards people giving you props for playing well. Is that a culture difference thing, or just your shining personality?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Hopefully this means more TW groups running w/o the 40 pug blob behind them, if so, it will make for some nice fights

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in Match-ups

BlackDevil.9268

I am not sure why you feel the need to be disrespectful towards people giving you props for playing well. Is that a euro/culture thing or just a personality flaw?

The point I’m trying to make is that we totally not did the same, which isn’t meant disrespectful at all.
What is disrespectful is saying you guys did the same without even knowing what we did. Only by saying we ran a ‘’nasty melee train’’ you already point out that you’re wrong at our setup, let alone our tactics.

in Match-ups

AvengerCap.7983

Hopefully this means more TW groups running w/o the 40 pug blob behind them, if so, it will make for some nice fights

I apologize for TW wanting to help their realm in WvW and their realm (er, server) wanting to run behind Indo or any person in TW with a commander tag. We will do our best to petition ANet to create a wall to barricade people from follow us around.

[RET] – Retribution

in Match-ups

AvengerCap.7983

I am not sure why you feel the need to be disrespectful towards people giving you props for playing well. Is that a euro/culture thing or just a personality flaw?

The point I’m trying to make is that we totally not did the same, which isn’t meant disrespectful at all.
What is disrespectful is saying you guys did the same without even knowing what we did. Only by saying we ran a ‘’nasty melee train’’ you already point out that you’re wrong at our setup, let alone our tactics.

We know about your range support, single target assisting, and the way you peeled off to power rez your dead as well as the many other things you were doing.

I’m not sure you know what you’re doing either if you think your “nasty melee train” wasn’t the major factor in your GvGs. The blobbing and constant buffs are what kept you up. Take either of those away and I’m not sure your outcomes would have been the same. I mean, why do you think you have a large melee train and blob if not for the reason I stated above? You can keep constant pressure up without worry about buffs being stripped.

[RET] – Retribution

in Match-ups

BlackDevil.9268

We know about your range support, single target assisting, and the way you peeled off to power rez your dead as well as the many other things you were doing.

I’m not sure you know what you’re doing either if you think your “nasty melee train” wasn’t the major factor in your GvGs. The blobbing and constant buffs are what kept you up. Take either of those away and I’m not sure your outcomes would have been the same. I mean, why do you think you have a large melee train and blob if not for the reason I stated above? You can keep constant pressure up without worry about buffs being stripped.

Wait, melee train where? At one point you guys had 50% more melee than we did. Watch streams man, you’re talking kitten. Talking ’bout being disrespectful.

But I’d like to know all tactics of us that you guys did too, cause probably I got things to learn from you.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

I am not sure how you possibly could twist a stream of compliments to your game play into being something disrespectful. On the other hand, you were being blatantly and aggressively so by essentially calling us pushovers.

Just a reminder to what I actually posted:

• From fighting them, they really aren’t doing anything much different than us… they just did it better. Simply put, we got out played. *

…and what you responded with:

• I’m amazed how easy some fights were *

Its quite clear who is being disrespectful here.

Anyways, I watched all the footage, dissected it, and was in each and every fight. I think I can put together a pretty good idea of what you were doing due to the different perspectives and my own experience. Anyways, I didn’t say we were doing the exact same thing ( please refer to my post ).

Thanks.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Watch streams man, you’re talking kitten. Talking ’bout being disrespectful.

Ok ok, I get it… you just trolling. Really no need or call for it between us. I am a legendary forum troll myself, but lets try to keep some measure of respect between guilds that actually DO GvG’s. We want more people/guilds to participate instead of driving them away with kitten talking and other nonsense. I think we can both agree that it is far more fun to do this sort of things than that no-abilities-fire-because-this-game-cant-handle-large-fights nonsense in Zerg vs Zerg vs Zerg.

Can you please just be civil and a good sport perhaps?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

Double teaming level reached: epic

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

We need some lovin’ today.

Where is the official Tier 1 love princess today?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

TW dosent form team composition, they just pick whoever are available and online to GvG which is probably why they are at a disadvantage.

Lost that link though but im sure its stated by a TW before.

I think devil’s point of view is that there is a large gap in skill level which is why the score difference is so large and yet you mentioned that what they are doing is no different from what TW is doing.

BlackGate

(edited by fade.8603)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

And people say TW is disrespectful.. RG gotta learn some class!

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

you mentioned that what they are doing is no different from what TW is doing.

That isn’t quite what I said Fade. You comment here has much more magnitude than what I actually said. I said there wasn’t much different, no where did I say we were exactly the same the way he implied or without difference as you implied by phrasing it with ‘no difference’.

What I said both allows for and acknowledges difference, whereas what both you and he responded with does not. This is quite a large difference in meaning. Normally I wouldn’t point things like this out, but since it was used by him to fabricate disrespect and drama out of thin air when absolutely none was intended, I feel like I have no choice.

(edited by covenn.7165)

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

Maybe you could have re-phrased better for clarity which is why devil took to offense.

Regardless, its good that RG came over to NA for some GvG action. Hopefully there will be a rematch from some of the guilds they fought before they move off.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

And people say TW is disrespectful.. RG gotta learn some class!

First of all, thanks TW for the GvG, it was fun and I think I got downed more than in any other GvG thanks to your rifle warrior o/.

Trolling aside, the setups were different, if not in terms of classes then it terms of specs for sure, a lot of focus on rezing from TW that we did not have. We certainly also didn’t have a rifle warrior ^^. Same went for the playstyle, both groups tried to achieve something different with their movement. The US moving in a circle meta while nuking with ranged and trying to lure enemy to go over stacked AoE certainly isn’t something we ever used or that would be regularly used in EU GvG’s.

I think TW would be pleasantly surprised if they transferred to EU at how much higher the competition level is there in GvG’s. They were not pushovers but we certainly had GvG’s in Europe where we lost rounds and more pressure was put on us (as a group, not me) by guilds that are nowhere near their US status/ranking. I am sure they would have a lot of good and close matches there, that is if they wouldn’t have delay due to the server locations. For me personally US servers are borderline unplayable at some hours due to warping lag. Using VPN is a must and even then the connection still suffers.

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Don’t worry covenn, I don’t think Doiid Exploit speaks for RG. He has already earned himself some ignores on JQ for being a bit of a disruptor / authority troll type even if some of the things he was on about in chat are important discussions to have at some point. Actually . .. he reminds me a lot of you in that regard. You two should get along famously. Enjoy!

Missed out on most of the RG vs TW for running around but map chat was buzzing everywhere I went. I think guild rivalries such as these are great for generating more interest in WvW. Kudos to both sides, the vids are lots of fun to watch. Thanks for sharing!

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Weird. He talked & trolled TC a lot during DB’s initial foray into T2. I would be genuinely shocked if he came to TC. :/

Maybe if we got Gellor, then it would even out.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

The US moving in a circle meta while nuking with ranged and trying to lure enemy to go over stacked AoE certainly isn’t something we ever used or that would be regularly used in EU GvG’s.

Interesting view point, but that isn’t our meta either. Also, we didn’t have a rifle specced warrior in half the fights.. that was an audible.

(edited by covenn.7165)

in Match-ups

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

And sor just took the lead well at least in the we were 2v1 excuse.Nice job guys keep up the good work.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Trolling aside, the setups were different, if not in terms of classes then it terms of specs for sure, a lot of focus on rezing from TW that we did not have. We certainly also didn’t have a rifle warrior ^^. Same went for the playstyle, both groups tried to achieve something different with their movement. The US moving in a circle meta while nuking with ranged and trying to lure enemy to go over stacked AoE certainly isn’t something we ever used or that would be regularly used in EU GvG’s.

I think TW would be pleasantly surprised if they transferred to EU at how much higher the competition level is there in GvG’s. They were not pushovers but we certainly had GvG’s in Europe where we lost rounds and more pressure was put on us (as a group, not me) by guilds that are nowhere near their US status/ranking.

You’re right about a lot of things here. TW comparatively has far fewer matches under it’s belt. A very limited number of guilds have been willing to stand across the field from us and even then, matches are infrequent. Thus, GvG has been a sideline event and our theorycrafting and group makeups are far behind. Certainly, other than AGG, having to alter our play mid-match is undiscovered country. We were expecting one RG and got another, very well done on your part.

The rifle warrior and other subs were an attempt to compensate for our melee train, usually our damage dealers, having been so thoroughly neutralized. I don’t think the guildmates of mine who have posted about knowing what went wrong are correct as to date, all I’ve heard is “Melee needs to clump more”. Well, as one of those guardians trying desperately to keep myself and my fellows up during that fight, I’m not so certain..
We’re still reviewing footage and discussing but there is surely a level of shock at TW world HQ currently. I like it this way. We’ve been rarely challenged in open WvW, which you’ve had a chance to experience inversely. And that environment is as different from GvG as from TPvP. We do hope Red Guard is willing to stick around for a while this time, as you can see WvW is 24 hours on NA servers and JQ needs the muscle.. And TW needs the challenge.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Yo start a new thread to talk about your GvG, this is a WvW matchup thread

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Weird. He talked & trolled TC a lot during DB’s initial foray into T2. I would be genuinely shocked if he came to TC. :/

Mayo is in Rethesis on TC

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

We are all talking about a fight that happened on BG BL yesterday. Not sure what you are talking about.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Why is most of SoR not showing up? This is impossible PPT for you guys typically. You guys on break or something?

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Cover Girl.2580

My sincerest apologies to TC

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Eh, I’m not worried about it. Rethesis has had a completely drama-free transition to our server, and seem like super cool guys.

’Sides, people can change. Sometimes a change of scenery is exactly what the doctor ordered.

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Emperor Glory.3927

The Emperor Glory.3927

Just like to point out the GvG TW vs RG was not fair as RG has just xfered and so had no server buffs however TW had these

Glory – [GoW] Glory of War. Piken square loyalist.

in Match-ups

Cover Girl.2580

Eh, I’m not worried about it. Rethesis has had a completely drama-free transition to our server, and seem like super cool guys.

’Sides, people can change. Sometimes a change of scenery is exactly what the doctor ordered.

One of my best friends told me once, "a zebra cant change its spots. "
Wait till you get the page long lecture from him in 3d person that usually starts with " Follow Mayoken if you want to win. if you dont follow Mayoken you will keep failing".

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

That isn’t quite what I said Fade. You comment here has much more magnitude than what I actually said. I said there wasn’t much different, no where did I say we were exactly the same the way he implied or without difference as you implied by phrasing it with ‘no difference’.

What I said both allows for and acknowledges difference, whereas what both you and he responded with does not. This is quite a large difference in meaning. Normally I wouldn’t point things like this out, but since it was used by him to fabricate disrespect and drama out of thin air when absolutely none was intended, I feel like I have no choice.

Just an fyi Covenn, that’s a different Fade, not the original from Guinevere :P

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

Can I be Fade too?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Can I be Fade too?

I know another fade in-game as well. I should invite him to this thread just to see what happens. xD

in Match-ups

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

WHAT?!?!? All I did was ask if anyone saw the player UNDER the map this morning in EB taking out siege and ganking AFKers in Anz tower, and it got removed with the message…

“Please refrain from accusing other users of exploiting/hacking on the forum, as it often comes across as character assassination. We know you want to help us deal with this kind of situations, but please keep in mind that we as forum moderators do not have the necessarily tools to deal with these situations.”

I didn’t even name a player or anything….just “who else saw it because our server reported them”. Reminds me why I don’t bother to post anything in here anymore.

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Not enough Fades in this thread.

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Make me

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Was sure you folks were demanding a 2 vs 1 against you in the previous few weeks. Saw plenty of posts from one of your main guilds begging for it. Oh well.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Micah.8423

Micah.8423

Was sure you folks were demanding a 2 vs 1 against you in the previous few weeks. Saw plenty of posts from one of your main guilds begging for it. Oh well.

Yeah, don’t mind people who get upset about 2 vs 1 against SoR. There are plenty of SoR’s who really wanted some 2 vs 1 against them. There is always going to be some one complaining about it even if it’s not happening. If you’ve been winning and then suddenly you start losing, there are bound to be people who want to blame something or some one.

I think it’s going to be a really fun week for SoR and JQ and BG.

Fancybottom is best bottom.

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

EB is it’s own little world.
We do try to keep the new folks oriented but man, is there a bunch lately. Gotta love a nice tight score spread eh?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

EB is it’s own little world.
We do try to keep the new folks oriented but man, is there a bunch lately. Gotta love a nice tight score spread eh?

Tons of fun. Sad part is a lot of the complaints about the 2v1 are coming from people that have played Tier 1 NA competitively for quite some time.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader