6/28 Maguuma/Tarnished Coast/Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Hrmm thread starting to cool off.

I see some your server hides in towers no your server runs from fights etc etc

Let’s get this thread back on track b/c ya gone 12 pgs without a lock.

ps. Last time we fought mags it was all zerg no skill. I can ONLY imagine how TC runs

You couldn’t troll in the match up thread we had together, you couldn’t troll on the Mag forums. What makes you think you’re good enough to play with the big boys now?

Awww another Baguuma getting rustled without any effort….

Mayhap you should whine for more thief nerfs hrmm?

in Match-ups

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Just to be clear, GOAT left a server that is not only continually winning, but growing by the week. We didn’t move because we finally wanted to win, we moved because we wanted to contribute. We wanted a server that values skill over numbers and the needs of the server over the egos of a few. We aren’t huge—we rolled 23 at reset—but we are enthusiastic and felt that Maguuma fit our play style and could absorb our small guild into their server without any issues. We’re keeping a low profile while we figure out our place in the established order. To bash Maguuma because GOAT transferred is just silly. We’re still trying to learn the jargon.

Tiers mean nothing anymore. There will be no meteoric bandwagon rise, like Kaineng’s, in the future. Crying ‘bandwagon’ just makes you sound quaint. Expect a lot of volatility over the next week as guilds find their fit. People will shift to where they are having the most fun. Leaving a winning server because the way they won just wasn’t fun made sense to us.

No offense, but the only way you can be considered a “non-bandwagon transfer” is if you transfer to a lower ranked server. BP is ranked 13 while Mag is ranked 7. By going to Mag you guys increased your personal chances of winning, all other things being equal. Hence by definition you guys are, indeed, bandwagoning.

And if you look back, this conversation started when some dude from Maguuma have the nerve to accused me of bandwagoning. Yeah sure, as if Maguuma never got any bandwagoners. If you look at Maguuma’s history, you will know they also got a ton of transfers back then, just before the end of free transfers. Magumma is full of bandwagoners too.

If people want to call people like me a bandwagoner, they have to accept the fact that they themselves is playing alongside many other bandwagoners in their own server. Or they can man-up and force their bandwagoners to transfer out of their server, and pay for their transfer. There is no way around it.

If you guys want respect here, please do not post on forums like the rest of Maguuma. They love to use double standards and never show any respect for anyone. Maguuma is the #1 most hated server (on the forums) for good reasons.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

OMG Jinks, you’re so adorable! Giving us a cute nickname and everything : 3

I wish I was as good as you

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

ps. Last time we fought mags it was all zerg no skill. I can ONLY imagine how TC runs

You couldn’t troll in the match up thread we had together, you couldn’t troll on the Mag forums. What makes you think you’re good enough to play with the big boys now?

I am so rustled.

Attachments:

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Just to be clear, GOAT left a server that is not only continually winning, but growing by the week. We didn’t move because we finally wanted to win, we moved because we wanted to contribute. We wanted a server that values skill over numbers and the needs of the server over the egos of a few. We aren’t huge—we rolled 23 at reset—but we are enthusiastic and felt that Maguuma fit our play style and could absorb our small guild into their server without any issues. We’re keeping a low profile while we figure out our place in the established order. To bash Maguuma because GOAT transferred is just silly. We’re still trying to learn the jargon.

Tiers mean nothing anymore. There will be no meteoric bandwagon rise, like Kaineng’s, in the future. Crying ‘bandwagon’ just makes you sound quaint. Expect a lot of volatility over the next week as guilds find their fit. People will shift to where they are having the most fun. Leaving a winning server because the way they won just wasn’t fun made sense to us.

No offense, but the only way you can be considered a “non-bandwagon transfer” is if you transfer to a lower ranked server. BP is ranked 13 while Mag is ranked 7. By going to Mag you guys increased your personal chances of winning, all other things being equal. Hence by definition you guys are, indeed, bandwagoning.

And if you look back, this conversation started when some dude from Maguuma have the nerve to accused me of bandwagoning. Yeah sure, as if Maguuma never got any bandwagoners. If you look at Maguuma’s history, you will know they also got a ton of transfers back then, just before the end of free transfers. Magumma is full of bandwagoners too.

If people want to call people like me a bandwagoner, they have to accept the fact that they themselves is playing alongside many other bandwagoners in their own server. There is no way around it.

If you guys want respect here, please do not post on forums like the rest of Maguuma. They love to use double standards and never show any respect for anyone. Maguuma is the #1 most hated server (on the forums) for good reasons.

I think we all need to read up on what bandwagoning actually means. By the way, you’re calling yourself a bandwagoner by your own (bad) definition, so I don’t see why you could possibly get mad at someone else calling you one. Double standards, indeed!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

If people want to call people like me a bandwagoner, they have to accept the fact that they themselves is playing alongside many other bandwagoners in their own server. Or they can man-up and force their bandwagoners to transfer out of their server, and pay for their transfer. There is no way around it.

HYPOCRIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

all trash ,, lotsa tc learnin hax trash ,.. anti cc etc they’ll never rise until they let more poisin hax in their veins , saddened to see it , but it is what it is , . guilds that run to to T1 fight you get a big thumbs downey,.., don’t worry it will just push more from game with tonsa losers flocking just to envision whakittens like ,.. all the band wagon guilds , lame weenys

wat

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

all trash ,, lotsa tc learnin hax trash ,.. anti cc etc they’ll never rise until they let more poisin hax in their veins , saddened to see it , but it is what it is , . guilds that run to to T1 fight you get a big thumbs downey,.., don’t worry it will just push more from game with tonsa losers flocking just to envision whakittens like ,.. all the band wagon guilds , lame weenys

You forgot to drop the mic.

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

WTB Gibberish to English translator.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

It does not work to use one group to kite one group

Lolwut?
I would have to disagree with you on that point there buddy.

I guess I would have to rephrase “It does not work to use one group to kite one group, unless your guild tag is VR.”

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Lolwut?
I would have to disagree with you on that point there buddy.

I guess I would have to rephrase “It does not work to use one group to kite one group, unless your guild tag is VR.”

There’s literally a check in the GW2 engine that says if (tag != “VR”) return lol_not_vr_cant_kite;

in Match-ups

Odinzu.9645

yeah we withdrew after lots got downed. Those kiting guild groups are so trolly lol

Is running straight into each other the only honorable way to fight, to you?

I didn’t say it wasnt a legitimate tactic, that idea is coming from you lol.
it definitely works against one group to use 2 groups and kite.
It does not work to use two groups to kite two groups.
Glad you guys came out to give us a little practice vs that style of play though. And I was really happy to see that Mag pushed so hard today instead of just limp noodling like CD’s week with SoS/TC.
Idk about other people but i like fighting mags. The JP brawls are hilarious too.

I’m just trying to figure out what you mean by “trolly”. Also, we use kiting tactics all the time and we usually aren’t running with other guilds. You’re mistaken to say that one group can’t kite one other.

By “trolly” i mean when kitten and VR both run the kite groups around a solo group, it feels like chasing horse archers on Mount & Blade. lol

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

yeah we withdrew after lots got downed. Those kiting guild groups are so trolly lol

Glad you guys came out to give us a little practice vs that style of play though. And I was really happy to see that Mag pushed so hard today instead of just limp noodling like CD’s week with SoS/TC.
Idk about other people but i like fighting mags. The JP brawls are hilarious too.

I’m just trying to figure out what you mean by “trolly”. Also, we use kiting tactics all the time and we usually aren’t running with other guilds. You’re mistaken to say that one group can’t kite one other.

By “trolly” i mean when kitten and VR both run the kite groups around a solo group, it feels like chasing horse archers on Mount & Blade. lol

I never played the game so I don’t really get it but ok. I will just take it to mean very frustrating.

in Match-ups

Odinzu.9645

oh it subs your guild name with kitten. Thats weird, anyway D_RP*

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

I think TC could’ve used more omegas at our bl

Attachments:

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

I thought Maguuma had skill. How are you losing to omegas? Scrubs.

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

There are a lot of “hax” on every server. Get over it.

Wait wait. Report it, THEN get over it. May bad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I have mad skillz for logging off before anything bad happened while out-manned.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

wow so much hate ,. im saying theyres a lot garbage hax on your server,,.. and plenty more waiting on your opposition , but you didn’t know that/ right , Tc will never be a contender , just stay down here t2 t3 , ,.. keep wishing

I will pay you 1000 gold to transfer to Maguuma and command my guild in eternal.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Strato.6714

Strato.6714

I think some of your guys left some stuff back in the Keep. There’s a few War Banners and Discarded Garments, we’ll just keep them in the lost and found for later.

Remember, last one out turn out the lights.

Thanks! We’ll stop by and pick it up at your earliest possible inconvenience.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Y’all need to chill out.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Y’all need to chill out.

Please make all one sentence posts into an image macro using a popular meme. Thank you.

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

pr0tip: Don’t use the word cute.

Try again though

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

Denying rustle status and posting adventure time pic to enlist help denying from server mates

Rating: 2.5/10

Result: Failure

in Match-ups

Posted by: TrunkMonkey.7589

TrunkMonkey.7589

With all the zerggin TC does, I was not impressed by their defense/offense about 12 hrs ago on TCBL and MagBL. Sadly they know when to hit and hold keeps for points vs a predominately NA server, but in a straight fight, no talent. I do recall one point where they had to have a zerg triple our size bottle neck us on the bridge at SS camp just to kill us.

Attachments:

TrunkMonkey | Ink Eyez | Ima Kitty Kat | Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

I think some of your guys left some stuff back in the Keep. There’s a few War Banners and Discarded Garments, we’ll just keep them in the lost and found for later.

Oh, thank you! Also, did anyone happen to find a spleen? I lo—- er, uh, I mean, MY FRIEND lost it in there, and I’ll get it back to them.

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mac.7249

Mac.7249

I logged in hoping to see some kind of effort being made to make this week un-boring again. . . .

Attachments:

TC Necromonger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Very entertaining thread. This video describes it the best:

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Had some fun yesterday, when I said hope to have more open field fights I didn’t mean to bring all your guards/warriors into one ball!
Anyways, had fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

I logged in hoping to see some kind of effort being made to make this week un-boring again. . . .

A shame you missed some good fights tonight then. I had fun tonight with SoS putting a lot more red than blue on the map.

Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Try again though

ur cute do u wanna kiss

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Are you cheating on Whoa?! ;_;

PPT/Score is directly equal to fun.

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

Try again though

ur cute do u wanna kiss

No GuardianOMS needs one….depressed and rustled mind making em feel better??

in Match-ups

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

Had some fun yesterday, when I said hope to have more open field fights I didn’t mean to bring all your guards/warriors into one ball!
Anyways, had fun.

Is it strange that when I watched the video I spent the whole time looking at the mini map, the green dots were so mesmerising. It reminded me of when I programmed boids as a coding exercise. Would of been even better if there was red dots like in gw1. Also, not a fan of watching game play that has been sped up.

TC [CERN]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Also, not a fan of watching game play that has been sped up.

Quoted for truth. Edit your videos Duke for the love of all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Also, not a fan of watching game play that has been sped up.

Quoted for truth. Edit your videos Duke for the love of all.

You’re mad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethan Mccloud.3218

Ethan Mccloud.3218

To the human female Mesmer who dropped the basket Clam Cake (pity magic find food) in front of our zerg on the field treb outside of Bay on MagBL.

Bravo.

We like to troll a lot on TC, and to get some trolling back was a kick. We all had a good laugh, and enjoyed the food greatly.

Remember, last one out turn out the lights.

That reminds me ,, I think I left my yak keys on the shelf near the supply hut and I do believe your out of milk . If we come back however , we will be sure to stock the place for a longer visit . Oh an hold off on that pie in the fridge… it tastes like Skritt.

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender
Proud Member OF “TSF” The Shining Force.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

We should be happy. They made us a new falling puzzle that’s SO. MUCH. FUN. Even more fun than the joy of the EB campy one. I got to meet SO many people falling. Fell. Fallen. Funkytown.

I completely forgot about WvW for a night, after finding queues all around.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vadar.5724

Vadar.5724

Thanks for the fun on eb today tc from sos. Over 600 kills in that session while commanding. I felt sorry for the 3 mag who were sitting on the cliff watching us fight while we traded ownership of their stuff. One mag even tried to run into their tower when we were taking it when it was blue. Was a god laugh on teamspeak. He just couldn’t get in.

Your zerg on sos bl at the time was massive, but was god awful and they were mostly one guild. We were very surprised as you don’t get that very often on tc. I even missed CERN.

(edited by Vadar.5724)

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

One mag even tried to run into their tower when we were taking it when it was blue. Was a god laugh on teamspeak. He just couldn’t get in.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

CERN is the highlight of these matches with TC. One of the few guilds that can wipe us as often as we get you. Very respectful on the forums as well.

/salute.

Do us all a favour though, go train whomever was fighting on SOS bl tonight. They were bad beyond all words, but maybe our expectations have been set too high by other guilds.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Canar.2064

Canar.2064

Much respect to that Gold Norn from the Guild “When Zergs Collide”. You sir, are awesome.

Rhægar Targæryen
Lord Captain of the Felicisima Armada [FeAr]

in Match-ups

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

We should be happy. They made us a new falling puzzle that’s SO. MUCH. FUN. Even more fun than the joy of the EB campy one. I got to meet SO many people falling. Fell. Fallen. Funkytown.

I completely forgot about WvW for a night, after finding queues all around.

Yeah, this is the biggest problem I have with WvW right now. The queues are getting long.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

I’ve had some great duels with TC/SoS at the southern area of BL’s while solo roaming, good stuff

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faylinn.3280

Faylinn.3280

Good fights in EB too! Although I must say, I’m honored SoS wanted to chase me down and kill me, but laughing is really rude especially since you guys never gave up and I got cornered. And custom emotes don’t work cross server, we see gestures btw.

~Tarnished Coast Forever <3~
Proud Elementalist of [PiNK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I never played the game so I don’t really get it but ok. I will just take it to mean very frustrating.

Haha, that it was.

Our original 5 (or so) fights against the single Mag group went pretty clearly in our favor, but once the VR + “otherguildthatkeepsgettingcensored” groups separated out and worked together, that tactic is just very hard to counter with one group. We did get two decent wins just south south of Bay before it looked like VR logged off, but we had an organized 2nd group at that point to counter yours. Took us a while to hunt down some people who could hop on MagBL and coordinate a second group though.

Seemed like all fights resulted in at least some of both sides surviving so there weren’t really any good, satisfying clean wipes the whole night that I saw. Still got several more days to do this though! Having a lot of fun in the field, win or lose.

FWIW, Mag’s open field skill is noticeably better than what we’ve seen lately from others (including T1 servers, but don’t tell them I said that). Left my head spinning more than a few times last night and on reset night. <3

Edit: Apparently it censors the name of your guild…no idea why.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buk Lau.5178

Buk Lau.5178

Much respect to that Gold Norn from the Guild “When Zergs Collide”. You sir, are awesome.

Why yes I am a Sir. Lol no problem man.

Guardian – [CERN] Sir Liam Neeson
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Odinzu.9645

Definitely give VR credit, you guys are slippery. Watching those videos helps me learn to maneuver against that meta. I’m so used to brawling from T2/T1 servers, it’s strange to fight this ranged game play. You guys definitely know how to kite around.

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life