6/28 Maguuma/Tarnished Coast/Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

her you go saiyr just for you buddy

beat by a bad thief 1v1

It’s true! I lost 1v1 to a bad thief who felt threatened enough to build bloodlust stacks to fight a mediocre staff ele that never roams or duels, who was using S/D for the second day. Bravo!

The Way of the Samurai is found in death. Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day, when one’s body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears, and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one’s master. And every day, without fail, one should consider himself as dead. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyrime.6958

Kyrime.6958

Really?…I mean you honestly can not fight any one without food buffs?…

come online, whisper Tsarazi and come duel him, he’ll do a single fight if that’s what you so wish. the bo5 thing is just to create a fairer competition, but if you don’t want it, so be it!

Kyrime [Ark] – Human Thief
Maguuma

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

well pinko great fight yeah it was a 2v1 but i dont think it would have ended if it was just me and you were both bunker builds but anywho great fight i look forward to more of these from the kitten squad.. id reply to the last post by halo but i have no clue what he just said to me…. but anywho pinko yeah it was about 5 or 6 mins long best fight of the day for me

sorry about the bleed him out crack… blame saiyr for that one

(>O.o)>

It is bad when one thing becomes two. One should not look for anything else in the Way of the Samurai. It is the same for anything that is called a Way. If one understands things in this manner, he should be able to hear about all ways and be more and more in accord with his own.

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

one down many more to go… this guy was pretty good but not good enough!!!

(>O.o)> #teamthief go!!!

Shinobii khai

Even if one’s head were to be suddenly cut off, he should be able to do one more action with certainty. With martial valor, if one becomes like a revengeful ghost and shows great determination, though his head is cut off, he should not die.

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

my mission is accomplished for now is there anyone else who would like to duel me in wv3 just let me know im game for it win or lose i just like a challenge

good night TC and good hunting of maguuma and SOS give em hell

Shinobii khai
the not so bad thief afterall (>O.o)> #teamthief

It is said that what is called the Spirit of an Age is something to which one cannot return. That this spirit gradually dissipates is due to the world’s coming to an end. In the same way, a single year does not have just spring or summer. A single day, too, is the same. For this reason, although one would like to change today’s world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation.

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

beat by a bad thief 1v1

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One’s heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinobii.4758

Shinobii.4758

i like that saying kfarb

where did it originate from

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

beat by a bad thief 1v1

It’s true! I lost 1v1 to a bad thief who felt threatened enough to build bloodlust stacks to fight a mediocre staff ele that never roams or duels, who was using S/D for the second day. Bravo!

See at this point you are just making yourself look bad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

beat by a bad thief 1v1

not just look bad, he IS bad.

but thats the whole point though, this thief is so proud at beating a baddie with 25 stacks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

beat by a bad thief 1v1

I look bad to someone who trolls us by dying? How awful

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Because a best-of series is more statistically more likely to produce the “rightful” winner, that’s all. Being a ~ tPvP player ~ you should be able to respect that!

I tPvP daily, I fail to see how best of five has any relevence to tPvP, there are no best of five rounds, there is only one and during that single round, you may fight one person once or many, including in 1vx situations whereby you have to respond with your skill and knowledge of your chosen class – THAT is what a tPvPer relies on, not a fallback on best of for fear of losing, but to rise to that challenge of unknowing and still finding a way to outplay and come back on top. In a single round.

Money where mouth is….

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I love all of these “is there no one who will 1v1 me?” posts from people who are never at any of the duels.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Kyrime.6958

Money where mouth is….

congratulations you completely missed the point

it’s quite simple really: tPvP is meant to be a competitive, fair (by the nature of tournaments) environment in which to display you and your teams’ skills . best-of series are also meant to foster such a competitive, fair environment. they occur absolutely everywhere in competitions. is this really something that needs to be debated?

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

kfarb.6732
“A ninja (japanese things) or shinobi (japanese) was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan who specialized in unorthodox warfare. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

in Match-ups

Static.9841

Money where mouth is….

it’s quite simple really: tPvP is meant to be a competitive, fair (by the nature of tournaments) environment in which to display you and your teams’ skills . best-of series are also meant to foster such a competitive, fair environment. they occur absolutely everywhere in competitions. is this really something that needs to be debated?

The best kind of PvPer is the kind who can respond to any given situation, not one who requires the training wheels to learn their opponents movements BEFORE they know how the respond.

Sounds like a lot of excuses, is this really something that needs to be debated?

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Match-ups

wads.5730

Money where mouth is….

The best kind of PvPer is the kind who can respond to any given situation, not one who requires the training wheels to learn their opponents movements BEFORE they know how the respond.

Sounds like a lot of excuses, is this really something that needs to be debated?

are you saying tpvp would be more fair if it was a sudden death round? you go down once and you’re out.

every single competitive game are either timed, or involve multiple rounds. that way, no one wins or loses by luck or fluke.

in Match-ups

Kyrime.6958

is this really something that needs to be debated?

this is amazing i’ve never seen people so vehemently opposed to the idea of a best-of series

enjoy your life cutie!

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Static.9841

is this really something that needs to be debated?

this is amazing i’ve never seen people so vehemently opposed to the idea of a best-of series

enjoy your life cutie!

The same could be said for the simple 1v1 single round that Feather asked for, which you are vehemently opposing on behalf of your so-called All Star. What a surprise, yet another attempted derailment laced with excuses from a Mag player.

Aww bless, are you really trying to troll now that you have nothing left to say? I enjoy my life on a daily basis, thank you very much for saying sweetcheeks

are you saying tpvp would be more fair if it was a sudden death round? you go down once and you’re out.

I belive I was saying that the best kind of PvPer can respond to unknown situations. Thanks for playing

in Match-ups

Kyrime.6958

Aww bless, are you really trying to troll now that you have nothing left to say?

i don’t think you know what trolling is, what i said was not trolling in any way! (though i do expect a “lol no u were trolling” now)
i also said that the person that you and Littlefeather have taken to calling “all-star” would do a simple single fight, and that the BO5 was just to make things fairer – but you might have missed that, i suppose. good job ignoring wads’s point, also!

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

So, since BO5 are dumb and Littlefeather is an “all or nothing” kind of guy, does that mean my duel against him makes me eternally better than him? Sweet. Same with Too Huge and Sabrina!

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

wads.5730

So, since BO5 are dumb and Littlefeather is an “all or nothing” kind of guy, does that mean my duel against him makes me eternally better than him? Sweet. Same with Too Huge and Sabrina!

he must be pretty awful at this game if he lost to you and those 2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Money where mouth is….

Not to butt in but some builds, skills, and traits have an inherent advantage over others. Some fights are determined by luck. If both players are roughly at the same level of skill, luck and build, mostly build will decide the fight. If you don’t understand that there’s nothing else to debate.

On an unrelated note, I always wish to 1v1 every/any TC and SoS player who is interested. Please PM (Altaerity).

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

yeah we withdrew after lots got downed. Those kiting guild groups are so trolly lol

Is running straight into each other the only honorable way to fight, to you?

I didn’t say it wasnt a legitimate tactic, that idea is coming from you lol.
it definitely works against one group to use 2 groups and kite.
It does not work to use one group to kite one group
It does not work to use two groups to kite two groups.
Glad you guys came out to give us a little practice vs that style of play though. And I was really happy to see that Mag pushed so hard today instead of just limp noodling like CD’s week with SoS/TC.
Idk about other people but i like fighting mags. The JP brawls are hilarious too.

With all due respect, Odin. You lose sight of the fact that TC has at least 3x the number of WvWers than CD does. SoS had also about twice the number of people than we do. What would have had us do when we fought y’all? Particularly when y’all built the 18 Omegas and ran through all of the maps.

Before you respond about how you don’t have far more people than we do, bear in mind that I was on TC (space inserted because of kitten being added in idiotic places) until about 5 weeks ago. First in [TV] then in [CERN]. Most of the time, we are kitten ed lucky to have a zerg of 20 in any one map.

I know that my current guild, [EK], and a few others never once gave up -many of us fought until 1930 est on reset night. But we just can’t field the numbers that you and SoS do.

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

(edited by Toxic.4320)

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

you should enforce the following rules also:

- no traits
- same class
- same race
- same weaponsets
- same stat setups

after all, a real pvper should rely only on his skills, build is just another “help” to pvp yanno

Final Destination
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gmds2njg

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I thought our resident Ninja Samurai Saiyan Shinobii had Thread All Star locked-in, but then Littlefeather came out of nowhere with the clutch “no food allowed in WvW duels” gem.

It’s neck and neck as far as I’m concerned!

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: CosmicShadow.3568

CosmicShadow.3568

Dear kitten

Do you have to resort to this?

This is ongoing for the last 20min…

Attachments:

Evangelize D Angel
[YF]

in Match-ups

wads.5730

i get really offended when people shrug at me irl too.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

Aynkou from Swag here, i’ll duel ya littlefinger, 1 duel no food.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Reply to NotInTheFace

I’m not saying grouping up is bad. It certainly has its purposes. But there’s a time to group up and a time to split up. You group up when you need to fight another zerg, when there’s a key point you need to defend (like SM), when you’re assaulting a Keep, etc. But using an 80-man zerg to cap supply camps is silly. Sure the 80-man zerg can blow down the guards defending a supply camp in a second, but they still take the same amount of time to actually flip it as a 5-man team, and (more importantly) they can only cap one camp at a time. The 80-man zerg still needs to take camps of course, but they should only do that in between taking towers and keeps – which they should have as their priority.

In the example you gave, TC certainly didn’t play very well because after the entire episode SoS ended up with more points than they did. But try to figure out what TC did wrong. I’ll tell you what I think: they tried to fight your zerg after the first couple of battles indicated they can’t win an open fight. That means they have two options:

1) Split up and outmaneuver your zerg. In a map with only supply camps, your 30-man zerg (I find it hard to believe than a 30-man zerg loses to a 20-man zerg in open combat) will be easily outcapped by 6 5-man zergs. With towers and keeps, they can still split two 5-man teams to flip camps, kill yaks and intercept any players heading towards your zerg while leaving a 20-man zerg to cap towers almost as fast as your zerg can. This does mean that their 20-man zerg has to avoid a confrontation with your 30-man zerg, but with good scouting it can be done.
2) Start defending their towers instead of fight on open ground. Siege weapons allow 10 players to hold off 30 for a long time.

In this case it sounds like TC had two zergs on the map, which opens up a third possibility:

3) Evade your zerg while keeping tabs on your location, while yelling at the other zerg to come help.

By getting wiped three times, TC was outplayed (more accurately, outcommandered). When we played against SoR a few weeks ago, they did #1 very well. We had a big zerg, they had all-thief gank squads that constantly kept us on the back foot, and the map was mostly theirs even if they probably had fewer numbers.

In the scenario at Mendon’s, 2 ACs would’ve been enough to defend it because DB had no siege. At the very least getting into Mendon’s would’ve forced them to drop their siege weapons.

tl; dr – there’s a time to split up and a time to group up. If you group up all the time, you will lose an equal numbers game against a server that both splits up and groups up (in fact I strongly suspect you’ll lose even if you had greater numbers).

From what I can see, TC has sufficiently large a numbers advantage that they’re going to win even with the best of commanders for SoS, but they don’t have to win by such a large margin. If you want me to tag up, send me 100g, and preferably a couple of hundred of each siege blueprint.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

From what I can see, TC has sufficiently large a numbers advantage that they’re going to win even with the best of commanders for SoS, but they don’t have to win by such a large margin.

It’s like you don’t know how playing for second works. Or how population differences almost encourage second to not engage first and just beat up on third. I think you need to talk to some friends at Yak’s Bend.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Video of [ME] on SOS BL last night. Most fun I’ve had in a while, game did crakitten the end due to high res recording and TC’s numbers. Computer couldn’t handle it

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Reply to NotInTheFace

I’m not saying grouping up is bad. It certainly has its purposes. But there’s a time to group up and a time to split up. You group up when you need to fight another zerg, when there’s a key point you need to defend (like SM), when you’re assaulting a Keep, etc. But using an 80-man zerg to cap supply camps is silly. Sure the 80-man zerg can blow down the guards defending a supply camp in a second, but they still take the same amount of time to actually flip it as a 5-man team, and (more importantly) they can only cap one camp at a time. The 80-man zerg still needs to take camps of course, but they should only do that in between taking towers and keeps – which they should have as their priority.

In the example you gave, TC certainly didn’t play very well because after the entire episode SoS ended up with more points than they did. But try to figure out what TC did wrong. I’ll tell you what I think: they tried to fight your zerg after the first couple of battles indicated they can’t win an open fight. That means they have two options:

1) Split up and outmaneuver your zerg. In a map with only supply camps, your 30-man zerg (I find it hard to believe than a 30-man zerg loses to a 20-man zerg in open combat) will be easily outcapped by 6 5-man zergs. With towers and keeps, they can still split two 5-man teams to flip camps, kill yaks and intercept any players heading towards your zerg while leaving a 20-man zerg to cap towers almost as fast as your zerg can. This does mean that their 20-man zerg has to avoid a confrontation with your 30-man zerg, but with good scouting it can be done.
2) Start defending their towers instead of fight on open ground. Siege weapons allow 10 players to hold off 30 for a long time.

In this case it sounds like TC had two zergs on the map, which opens up a third possibility:

3) Evade your zerg while keeping tabs on your location, while yelling at the other zerg to come help.

By getting wiped three times, TC was outplayed (more accurately, outcommandered). When we played against SoR a few weeks ago, they did #1 very well. We had a big zerg, they had all-thief gank squads that constantly kept us on the back foot, and the map was mostly theirs even if they probably had fewer numbers.

In the scenario at Mendon’s, 2 ACs would’ve been enough to defend it because DB had no siege. At the very least getting into Mendon’s would’ve forced them to drop their siege weapons.

tl; dr – there’s a time to split up and a time to group up. If you group up all the time, you will lose an equal numbers game against a server that both splits up and groups up (in fact I strongly suspect you’ll lose even if you had greater numbers).

From what I can see, TC has sufficiently large a numbers advantage that they’re going to win even with the best of commanders for SoS, but they don’t have to win by such a large margin. If you want me to tag up, send me 100g, and preferably a couple of hundred of each siege blueprint.

But then what is WvW about, if you focus too much about the score you cause burnout. There are times when all we do is look for open field fights because it’s fun and CERN (mostly) always teaches us a good lesson on how to be better at open field.

if everybody had the same philosophy as you when it came to WvW trust me our score would be much lower as everybody would have given up at the instant sight of Tarnished Coast knowing that we had lost.

I’d also like to add we’ve done very well so far this week we have a 80k point deficit atm from Tarnished Coast and we still have minimal WvW guilds, i’d say we’re doing quite well.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

Good fights in EB too! Although I must say, I’m honored SoS wanted to chase me down and kill me, but laughing is really rude especially since you guys never gave up and I got cornered. And custom emotes don’t work cross server, we see gestures btw.

It’s funny that 5 people will chase one person for 3 minutes especially when they are running away from the main battle to do so. All servers have people that are guilty of this.

I’m sure their team mates are proud of them for abandoning them for 1 cheap kill.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

So, since BO5 are dumb…

Haha! I was reading fast and I thought it said the 80s were dumb. Whew, that could’ve started an argument!

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

I’d also like to add we’ve done very well so far this week we have a 80k point deficit atm from Tarnished Coast and we still have minimal WvW guilds, i’d say we’re doing quite well.

I’d say SoS and Mag are both doing quite well this week. This has turned into a fine matchup with good fights around the clock. Yeah, the raw score’s not close, but it’s actually pretty rare in WvW for the score to still by in doubt after Sunday night. SoS is winning the delta.

I like servers that can keep bringing it regardless of the scoreboard because there are good fights to be had. I’ve seen fresh tactics this week and had fun every time I logged in.

I look forward to the rest of this match, and facing you all again in the future.

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Well having ticked 450 ppt tonight I’d say we’re doing awesome against TC… even if it was brief.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

beat by a bad thief 1v1

I look bad to someone who trolls us by dying? How awful

Your dying to TC/SoS 1v1…..ya need to go ahead and take this one on the chin

Walk away

Walk away

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

How cute… Mags owns two supply camps.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Yeah tbh maguuma should uninstall for not having t2 sea/eu coverage. Dishonor upon families for not having enough digital points.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xephyron.4702

Xephyron.4702

Maybe I should take off work so I can WvW

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

Unemployed individual spotted.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Well having ticked 450 ppt tonight I’d say we’re doing awesome against TC… even if it was brief.

Yup. PPT owns and tells all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

1v1 my ppt bro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

3 camps now get on our level

in Match-ups

MrSilver.5269

lawl…

More like self-employed.

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

lawl…

More like self-employed.

While pertinent to your trolling, this does not change the stupidity of your original statement.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

MrSilver.5269

lawl…

More like self-employed.

While pertinent to your trolling, this does not change the stupidity of your original statement.

Nor the margin by which you are losing.

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

lawl…

More like self-employed.

Nor the margin by which you are losing.

I don’t think these posts mean what you think they mean.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

That must mean the EBJP is clear. Good time to grab your free loot!

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

I like how SoS keeps PvDing our EBG keep. I’m sure it’s because they don’t want to actually have a fight and engage TC on their BL or their side. Doesn’t have ANYTHING to do with what we’re doing with it.