6/28 Maguuma/Tarnished Coast/Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

I’m a guardian and when I try to join they either decline or accept flame at me and leave I was wandering around just a minute ago and found a mag tried to duel he ran away until there were 2 more and then they all ran away from me. . . I’m a guard I can’t really chase you guys that well

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

(edited by Dontcare Aboutnames.9284)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Why don’t you party people and ask for a duel?

Can we still tell to the whole forums so that people would hear it again on how we beat them with even numbers for the seven hundreth seventy seven times?

Um, what?

Hi Guardian!

I don’t understand what’s happening. Someone complains about duels, I tell him to party and ask for them. What in the world were you going on about?

Uhhmm it’s a question on whether I can tell the whole forum on how I beat them with even numbers because we just can’t get enough of that in here.

It’s sort of a “yes” or “no” answer. It’s really not that complicated mahn.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

TC – #1 server NA for arguing against things that didn’t exist!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

TC – #1 server NA for arguing against things that didn’t exist!

I disagree.

Boom! Existential crisis.

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

These non-tcers don’t understand TC at all! I’m going to my room now, and hug my One Directions posters!

in Match-ups

Posted by: amanda.6178

amanda.6178

I love everyone in this bar. Like for reals. Even the ones who seem to be talking about imaginary grievances.

Rafiira | Guardian/Mesmer/Ranger
[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

i’ve been gone on vacation, and after an extremely stressful trip home i managed to get a good raid going last night. had a lot of fun on SoS BL with TC+SoS. your NA could use some work

/notroll

This is an interesting viewpoint, imho. Out of the guild groups that I’ve seen this week, only D!ERP and PYRO stick out in my mind as really challenging from Mags. I’m sure a large part of the “we own most of everything” during NA prime could be explained by a discussion on server population, but outside of the two guilds I’ve mentioned, haven’t seen much from Mags during NA that was particularly noteworthy.

It would appear that our experiences this week have been very different, as I don’t think the current matchup has exposed any flaws in our NA at all.

I think ME hadn’t done any groups since Rekka was on vacation, or you would probably like them too. Dunno how much you’ve seen of RP (smaller group) or VR but they’re also both good. In fact some TC were more impressed by VR than us, sooo. We have a lot of good, organized groups (some of which may not have been mentioned), but they don’t/can’t come out in force every day.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zelda.7013

Zelda.7013

I can see what this is all about. Mag is just upset that they can’t get into the EBJP because we have their keep.

They should thank us. It has probably doubled their WvW presence.

in Match-ups

Posted by: bobross.5034

bobross.5034

To any Maguuma who are complaining about spawncamping or poor sportsmanship on here…this is what I saw when I logged in to Mag BL today:

Same situation at each of the three exits from spawn.

I don’t personally care about this. We’re winning by a lot, and spawncamping only lasts till we break through. Just wanted to point out that Mag is making a coordinated effort at spawncamping. So if anyone has an issue with a handful of TC people doing the same…well maybe you should start working on your own server first. We’ll try to do likewise.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

To any Maguuma who are complaining about spawncamping or poor sportsmanship on here…this is what I saw when I logged in to Mag BL today:

Same situation at each of the three exits from spawn.

I don’t personally care about this. We’re winning by a lot, and spawncamping only lasts till we break through. Just wanted to point out that Mag is making a coordinated effort at spawncamping. So if anyone has an issue with a handful of TC people doing the same…well maybe you should start working on your own server first. We’ll try to do likewise.

Quoted from above (sweet username, by the way)

I just searched this thread for “spawn” and the only things I got were us camping EB JP spawn, some weird stuff about TF2, and this. Can you kindly link me to where we were complaining?

Also I love the “they need to check the scoreboard, sad” line. It’s like some people’s livelihood really depends on whether or not they’re winning.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I can see what this is all about. Mag is just upset that they can’t get into the EBJP because we have their keep.

There’s a waypoint in the jp now. Once we’re in, we’re in until we get bored.

Uhhmm it’s a question on whether I can tell the whole forum on how I beat them with even numbers because we just can’t get enough of that in here.

Do whatever makes you happy, cute lil bug.

To any Maguuma who are complaining about spawncamping or poor sportsmanship on here…

Can you quote these posts? I can’t find them. I love the chatbox in that shot though.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

(edited by kfarb.6732)

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I’m a guardian and when I try to join they either decline or accept flame at me and leave I was wandering around just a minute ago and found a mag tried to duel he ran away until there were 2 more and then they all ran away from me. . . I’m a guard I can’t really chase you guys that well

Find anyone in DER|P or SWaG. In fact, add me to your friend’s list. If we’re online at the same time, I’ll get you some 1v1s and invite you to a fight club if we’re having any. Maguuma is just like any server, pubbies aren’t likely to 1v1, you need to find the roamers and a certain group of players.

Also running around looking for a 1v1 in this match is a little silly. With the current population imbalance, you’ll find less and less Maguumans roaming around solo. There are still people who do it though. I did it, then I ran into 15-20man groups more times than I could count. And then I was done.

Can we still tell to the whole forums so that people would hear it again on how we beat them with even numbers for the seven hundreth seventy seven times?

Um, what?

Hi Guardian!

I don’t understand what’s happening. Someone complains about duels, I tell him to party and ask for them. What in the world were you going on about?

Oh okay. A weird version of Jinks.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I don’t have any problems with TC spawncamping us, since they can’t do it properly anyway.

in Match-ups

Zelda.7013

The trouble is getting in there to begin with. I don’t recall any time today when you’ve owned your EB keep.

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

Find anyone in DER|P or SWaG. In fact, add me to your friend’s list. If we’re online at the same time, I’ll get you some 1v1s and invite you to a fight club if we’re having any. Maguuma is just like any server, pubbies aren’t likely to 1v1, you need to find the roamers and a certain group of players.

Also running around looking for a 1v1 in this match is a little silly. With the current population imbalance, you’ll find less and less Maguumans roaming around solo. There are still people who do it though. I did it, then I ran into 15-20man groups more times than I could count. And then I was done.

Um, what?

Hi Guardian!

Oh okay. A weird version of Jinks.

It’s ok, I feel the same to most of you. I think half of your server is still not aware that you guys are technically a T3 server now. Could probably take on FA head to head…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Night Hawk Ix.7360

Night Hawk Ix.7360

So speaking of spawn camping… You had balli’s at all exits+players I don’t think Mag can complain if we spawn camp anymore?

I wish that pic was better so I could see who those iLLs are.

Promotions for everyone!

Lol the thing that makes me laugh is the fact after all this time people still dont go AROUND spawn campers.

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

bobross.5034

Also I love the “they need to check the scoreboard, sad” line. It’s like some people’s livelihood really depends on whether or not they’re winning.

Thanks for the compliment…and I think what they were referring to was the fact that Maguuma was out in force in their own borderlands, but had nothing in the other ones…so not a wise move from the perspective of maximizing server points.

I get that though, you’re not going to win the match as a whole, because we outnumber you by a lot, so may as well try to consolidate into one BL and make your own play experience fun. I’ve enjoyed this, by the way, makes for much more challenging fights, and I just queue up for whichever server seems to have an enemy to fight on it, and leave the rest.

I’m not a fan of the uneven matchups myself, and hopefully there will be some incentive from ANet to encourage guilds to migrate to lower population servers, so that we can all enjoy some balanced fights that are more about skill than numbers.

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

The trouble is getting in there to begin with. I don’t recall any time today when you’ve owned your EB keep.

Except the times when we did. But, you know, that’s just a technicality.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

SWaG will gladly duel ya ;D

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

It’s ok, I feel the same to most of you. I think half of your server is still not aware that you guys are technically a T3 server now. Could probably take on FA head to head…

FA is still technically T2, and I think while our NA population is about the same, our overall coverage is still inferor. So no.

Live map on mos says we own it now. Quick, everybody! To the JP!

Thanks for the compliment…and I think what they were referring to was the fact that Maguuma was out in force in their own borderlands, but had nothing in the other ones…so not a wise move from the perspective of maximizing server points.

I get that though, you’re not going to win the match as a whole, because we outnumber you by a lot, so may as well try to consolidate into one BL and make your own play experience fun. I’ve enjoyed this, by the way, makes for much more challenging fights, and I just queue up for whichever server seems to have an enemy to fight on it, and leave the rest.

I’m not a fan of the uneven matchups myself, and hopefully there will be some incentive from ANet to encourage guilds to migrate to lower population servers, so that we can all enjoy some balanced fights that are more about skill than numbers.

Honestly I think they’re spawn camping to help upgrades go by faster so they can leave. Or maybe not, I’m not in game right now :v

in Match-ups

bobross.5034

I don’t have any problems with TC spawncamping us, since they can’t do it properly anyway.

I think our leadership for the most part discourages the practice, so you wind up with random groups of griefers and such carrying out the spawncamping if and when it happens.

I try to discourage it myself when I see it, especially since we’re outmanning you guys so much, spawncamping would be rubbing your noses in it and being sore winners.

Again, I’m not really complaining either, we broke through the spawncamp just fine. I’m just pointing out that Mags are doing it in force.

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

[quote]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

I think ME hadn’t done any groups since Rekka was on vacation, or you would probably like them too. Dunno how much you’ve seen of RP (smaller group) or VR but they’re also both good. In fact some TC were more impressed by VR than us, sooo. We have a lot of good, organized groups (some of which may not have been mentioned), but they don’t/can’t come out in force every day.

Thanks. The only ME that I’ve seen in numbers this week have been part of a massive blob with tons of other guilds, which would indicate a non-guild group for sure. Haven’t seen VR (although I’ve seen numerous posts this week saying they’re good) or RP, hopefully we’ll have the chance to see them this week.

Cheers.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

TC is actually more enjoyable than most servers to face, since they have a willingness to fight. They might always have more people, but I’ll take that over what a lot of t3-t4 servers have turned into. Losing our stuff every night isn’t new at all.

Yeah I have to agree with this, especially in comparison to DB who is much more desultory when playing with a big population advantage. TC on the other hand are more enthusiastic, and they keep attacking and dying, while reinforcements continue to arrive and join in, until they reach whatever critical mass is required. Most other stacked servers tend to attack a few times, then hold off until they have a force of incredibly overwhelming numbers and then attack, which is much less fun.

In fact for all the “opposing server always runs from equal numbers” most TC pugs (sorry, militia) seem to be substantially braver than the average. Maybe it’s the RP thing.

MAG

(edited by DrWhom.3105)

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

FA is still technically T2, and I think while our NA population is about the same, our overall coverage is still inferor. So no.[]/quote]

Your EU coverage can make a difference though…

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/39/77

Our EU coverage does not tick nearly as high as those first two nights of the match did for FA.

in Match-ups

Zelda.7013

Hahaha, you aren’t kidding! You guys just flooded in there like a tidal wave. Hilarious!

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Hahaha, you aren’t kidding! You guys just flooded in there like a tidal wave. Hilarious!

I am the Supreme Commander of Maguuma, after all. Someone had to take over after our last one left for TC

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

Lol the thing that makes me laugh is the fact after all this time people still dont go AROUND spawn campers.

We’re spawn camping all the exits and zerg bust every thief who managed to pass it.

Again, I’m not really complaining either, we broke through the spawncamp just fine. I’m just pointing out that Mags are doing it in force.

With zerg of 30+
Which is fine. The point if spawn camping is to stop annoying roamers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

These non-tcers don’t understand TC at all! I’m going to my room now, and hug my One Directions posters!

Which direction?

Attachments:

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

In today’s headlines, Magumma admits to needing sieged up spawncamping techniques to repel roamers. Shocking scandal ensues…..

We’re spawn camping all the exits and zerg bust every thief who managed to pass it.

With zerg of 30+
Which is fine. The point if spawn camping is to stop annoying roamers.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

Slow kitten necro, can’t chase bunch of perma stealth thieves around the map.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

In today’s headlines, Magumma admits to needing sieged up spawncamping techniques to repel roamers. Shocking scandal ensues…..

Siege built to counter the siege Tarnished Coast needed while being under the coverage of Legendary Defenders.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I kinda wanna see the dozen ballista (ballistas? ballistae? balls?) outside a spawn tower thing again. That was SO. MUCH. FUN. to try to dodge.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Siege built to counter the siege Tarnished Coast needed while being under the coverage of Legendary Defenders.

Roamers built siege to sneak past? You even read the post I quoted?

Was a joke anyway, what do I care how your server spends it’s supply? ;p

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

As a serious question:

I’m new to doing 1v1s, but want to improve at it. I run a D/D ele which I roam a bit in WvW with (I have about 100 hours in WvW on him). Where are the 1v1 duels going on? I’ve been behind the windmill on a couple borderlands and haven’t seen any of it going on this week so far.

Where are you guys meeting up?

If you see a D/D ele show up with Orange/Abyss Human T3 armor, that’s me, so be gentle. :-P

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

…We held TC’s garrison far longer than we should have even with TC hardcore seige creeping.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

Was a joke anyway, what do I care how your server spends it’s supply? ;p

Please teach me how to spend supply properly.

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

As a serious question:

I’m new to doing 1v1s, but want to improve at it. I run a D/D ele which I roam a bit in WvW with (I have about 100 hours in WvW on him). Where are the 1v1 duels going on? I’ve been behind the windmill on a couple borderlands and haven’t seen any of it going on this week so far.

Where are you guys meeting up?

If you see a D/D ele show up with Orange/Abyss Human T3 armor, that’s me, so be gentle. :-P

Fight clubs (at the windmill behind the southernmost camp) are agreed upon by members of the opposing server, so you can’t just show up there randomly. What a lot of people do is invite or join an invader’s party that they have seen roaming or have fought. When enough people agree they’d all like to fight, they all decided on a BL and head there.

For Maguuma fight clubs, ask any member in DER|P or SWaG. TC and SoS are more then welcome to start one, then tell a Maguuma player to spread the word.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

So speaking of spawn camping… You had balli’s at all exits+players I don’t think Mag can complain if we spawn camp anymore?

I wish that pic was better so I could see who those iLLs are.

Promotions for everyone!

IKR?!

There are 3 exits to your home spawn and you HAVE to go out the camped one? What?

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

i like that saying kfarb

where did it originate from

It came from months of engaging in honourable combat as The Last Ninja Samurai of Vengeance.

/bow

Attachments:

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Now I guess, that’s a no?

being as your all star cant do a straight up win or loss duel?…

Is there no one in Maguuma who will 1v1 anyone win or loose anymore?

People are willing to 1v1 you, you’re just turning them down. You scared?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

I’m actually going to agree with you on this one. Some of us really couldn’t give a flying anything about PPT, there’s a lot more to Wv3 than number ratings, there are also such things as poor winners. I can’t say I’ve ever set foot in Wv3 because of “OMG PPT!”.

fight club

How often do you guys run this?

It came from months of engaging in honourable combat as The Last Ninja Samurai of Vengeance.

Or Ghost Dog which is paraphrasing Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai….

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Enjoy the game world. Please remember that these forums are part of the game experience and that you can easily check a post history to see “who” you are responding too…

The match has had many highpoints for me so far this week, in no particular order;

Mag pushing a TC group into our siege range at NW tower then bowing and leaving.
Mag, TC and SoS solo roamers fighting at a Yak ( multiple times ).
TC Solo Guardian fighting between SoS spawn and lake tower, great fighter not yet sure how to kill him/her alone if ever…
The 3 man/womanSoS , MGWC (sp) guild engaging any size force that turns up.

I do not care how you choose to play, win, lose, draw or even forcing me to swear at the monitor, players are the game.

Keep bringing the fun,

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

I do not care how you choose to play, win, lose, draw or even forcing me to swear at the monitor, players are the game.

For a second I thought you’re from TC and it’s the end of the world.

in Match-ups

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

all tarnished coast matchups thread must have the obligatory “Time to own all the RPers!!!!!!!!!!” first post.

in Match-ups

Posted by: NinjaSonic.1392

NinjaSonic.1392

I like how everyone complains it’s numbers when TC is beating them. Last night on EB at the end when SoS was attacking Stonemist their zerg was easily twice our size but we managed to hold them off for quite a while.

On the PvP arguement I mean I think Bo5 or Bo3 is better. You can’t say so and so just got lucky. If we want to Bo1 I’ll just find the gimickiest builds possible that win.

[DIS] Dissentient – Streetlamp Lé Moose (Best Ranger North Korea)

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

fight club

How often do you guys run this?

It’s honestly random, when someone feels like it. But we’d have no problem with setting up one before or during NA prime, since that’s when lots of our players are on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I like how everyone complains it’s numbers when TC is beating them. Last night on EB at the end when SoS was attacking Stonemist their zerg was easily twice our size but we managed to hold them off for quite a while.

Ugghh, for the thousandth time, (and this is getting old since we’ve been at this for a month straight now!) it’s a matter of WvW focused numbers.

It’s not unusual for us to put competitive numbers into EB or our BL; but 70% or more of our numbers are people who are: A. not running in an organized guild; B. do not WvW regularly, C. not on any kind of VoiP with others, and D. not specc’d for WvW (all zerker, all the time).

We complain about your large zergs of +50 not because we don’t have that many on the map; but because we can’t get people to group up more than 30 on a GREAT night.

I also need to reiterate, that SoS has NO WvW focused guilds. We have zero guilds that focus solely on WvW.

We do as well as we do because our PvX guilds are always willing to help our server. Every PPT is gained through the fact that we don’t roll over for anybody.

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Ugghh, for the thousandth time, (and this is getting old since we’ve been at this for a month straight now!) it’s a matter of WvW focused numbers.

It’s not unusual for us to put competitive numbers into EB or our BL; but 70% or more of our numbers are people who are: A. not running in an organized guild; B. do not WvW regularly, C. not on any kind of VoiP with others, and D. not specc’d for WvW (all zerker, all the time).

We complain about your large zergs of +50 not because we don’t have that many on the map; but because we can’t get people to group up more than 30 on a GREAT night.

I also need to reiterate, that SoS has NO WvW focused guilds. We have zero guilds that focus solely on WvW.

We do as well as we do because our PvX guilds are always willing to help our server. Every PPT is gained through the fact that we don’t roll over for anybody.

that sounds awful

also where are vids of the gvg’s

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

We still fighting about numbers?

3 DER|P owning 13 TC pubbies. Not only are we heavily outnumbered, but one guy had the nerve to call US a dirty camping zerg server! HELLO! Pot, meet kettle!