6/28 Maguuma/Tarnished Coast/Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Are you in a guild that gvgs or is this theorycrafting based on youtube videos?

speaking of youtube videos, wheres the videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

I was in Pink and ‘learnt’ most of the open field combat initially there. I am in ZN but due to timezone differences havent been able to GvG with them yet. As a mesmer though I was a ringer for CERN, xTYR and AWE in some of their GvG’s.

My theorycrating is a mixture of my in-game experience, talking with some top european GvG experts on a daily basis and my 8-10 year extensive experience playing as in-game leader in sponsored counter-strike teams across three continents where I won quite a few LANs and have probably around 100-150 LAN tournament experiences under my belt. I think thats a pretty good starting point to theory-craft from wouldn’t you say so? xD

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I was in Pink and ‘learnt’ most of the open field combat initially there. I am in ZN but due to timezone differences havent been able to GvG with them yet. As a mesmer though I was a ringer for CERN, xTYR and AWE in some of their GvG’s.

My theorycrating is a mixture of my in-game experience, talking with some top european GvG experts on a daily basis and my 8-10 year extensive experience playing as in-game leader in sponsored counter-strike teams across three continents where I won quite a few LANs and have probably around 100-150 LAN tournament experiences under my belt. I think thats a pretty good starting point to theory-craft from wouldn’t you say so? xD

Oh, neat. I was just curious. DORP didn’t do so well in the Razer Invitational

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

Really, SoS? You have to set up ACs to try to kill an outmanned group without siege inside of MagBL bay when you have 20, maybe 25+? Kinda tasteless.

Too bad it didn’t work out for ya.

Dis is an outrage, Dis kind of thing should not be allowed in game. Sos is the only server I ever see do dis.

Also in Mag Bl Bay? who does Dis?

http://youtu.be/NmhEe1CD1iA

See that play on words there?

I don’t like it when anyone does it, although at least you guys held the high ground and a choke there. We were literally just waiting around in the lord’s room, and it wasn’t one AC. SoS had at least four, and Mag I think had two normals, one superior, and a ballista. . .for all of fifteen, maybe sixteen people. Granted, I think it was partly due to escalation – once one piece of siege was built, the other side built more, but we just kinda sat there like, “Uhhhhhhhhhh.”

Anyway, you ME guys are pretty good. I was the commander who pushed your zerg out of MagBL Bay while it was WPed and, later, in Vale after we broke the Bay siege. I think we both had about 20 for those engagements. You wiped us a few times and we returned the favor in kind. It was fun.

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Interesting insights from you all about GvG makeup.

I think what a lot of us are realizing is that even RG themselves do not run the typical american “hammer train” and that’s one of the reasons they’re so successful. I think that meta works really well in standard issue ZvZ (depending on who you’re fighting), but has some glaring flaws against a really organized group. Something we’ve really learned this week…

My hat really is off to Mag’s talented guild commanders. This week’s been really surprising and fun in the field. That’s not a troll, I promise.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

Fun 3 way fights at Mag WK last night. I still don’t know how we ended up with it when there were so many SoS and TC left inside.

Haha. It was a mistake. We saw the opportunity to wipe SoS in the corner, but didn’t realize we had no one contesting, so we wiped them, and then realized that you guys capped the keep. We then proceeded to all die horrible deaths vs the buffed lord.

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Really, SoS? You have to set up ACs to try to kill an outmanned group without siege inside of MagBL bay when you have 20, maybe 25+? Kinda tasteless.

Too bad it didn’t work out for ya.

Dis is an outrage, Dis kind of thing should not be allowed in game. Sos is the only server I ever see do dis.

Also in Mag Bl Bay? who does Dis?

http://youtu.be/NmhEe1CD1iA

See that play on words there?

Ugh, why all the clicking?

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Your not pro if you don’t click bro. Don’t let it get to ya though!

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Your not pro if you don’t click bro. Don’t let it get to ya though!

You’re*

in Match-ups

Posted by: KCmilam.3476

KCmilam.3476

FaTe,

Extremely fun GvG the other night. You guys have extremely good coordination and organization. Those are the types of battles that make this game fun, and the type of people that I love playing against. Hats off to you guys, you will be a force to reckon with in the future.

in Match-ups

Posted by: reduxockham.3810

reduxockham.3810

Fun 3 way fights at Mag WK last night. I still don’t know how we ended up with it when there were so many SoS and TC left inside.

There was never more than 16 TC inside at any point, may have looked like more because we kept rallying.

It was an epic battle though, 3 way. Was good value.

I particularly enjoyed how not a single Mag emoted about the victory. Classy. /applause

There have been others, and there will be more.

As to the GvG, I was mesmer and rallied 3 times in the first fight, didn’t get downed at all in the 2nd one. DPS and Squishiness (As above) were inconsistent. However, the biggest thing (hard with PUG’S) is tactics. Leaxanna knew his group composition before we went in, and we knew who to throw what and when. He didn’t call it all through the fight – not enough time, but his meta-understanding of who we were helped. If you know who is in your group (even if PUG) you can know what you are looking to do, you can see what worked/did not. Then next time… etc.

That being said we have learned lots from previous losses etc. The brilliant thing about GW2 + WvW +GvG is that good skilled players > builds. We all learn, we all get more skilled – the battles change.

Loved it.

PS) Really enjoyed the lack of arrogance from MAG.

(edited by reduxockham.3810)

in Match-ups

Posted by: selecto.5683

selecto.5683

so close to reset boys and girls, we had some good fights so im happy, hope to see you guys again sometime for more epic wvw. cheers mag and sos

Commander Marios Mirror – White Lotus.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

x per fection x.2096

Wish we rolled TC every week, even though we got rolled in the score the bank is full of badges. Always a fight on every BL at any time, hope its not back to PVD.

Some highlights of Wednesday night w/ [ME] on Mag BL.

Part 1 – http://youtu.be/Chc1z5IEGL
Part 2 – http://youtu.be/u8H8ysSLuyM

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

x per fection x.2096

Part 1 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chc1z5IEGLQ

can’t edit for some reason.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

On GvG I really can’t wait until it becomes more GvG instead of ZvZ. I mean yest there is a little skill in GvG now but when teams are 8-15 as opposed to 20-30 individual skills shine and tactics become huge.

I actually prefer the larger scale, anything under 10v10 and staff becomes near worthless. Staff Ele just doesn’t do well in small group combat or 1v1.

If you want small skirmish stuff of 5v5 and 8v8, that’s what sPvP/tPvP are for.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

There’s no reason why GvG can’t be 15. I think guilds like ME actually prefer it.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

On GvG I really can’t wait until it becomes more GvG instead of ZvZ. I mean yest there is a little skill in GvG now but when teams are 8-15 as opposed to 20-30 individual skills shine and tactics become huge.

I actually prefer the larger scale, anything under 10v10 and staff becomes near worthless. Staff Ele just doesn’t do well in small group combat or 1v1.

Heh, no. 5v5’s happen all the time in WvW and saying they’re only for sPvP/tPvP is being ignorant and ignoring a huge part of the game when it comes to skill. The smaller the amount of players the more you notice if someone is messing up. With a 20v20 fight, 18 people could probably do all the work and still win with 2 people being complete noobs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

Anyway, you ME guys are pretty good. I was the commander who pushed your zerg out of MagBL Bay while it was WPed and, later, in Vale after we broke the Bay siege. I think we both had about 20 for those engagements. You wiped us a few times and we returned the favor in kind. It was fun.

thanks, we were put into some engagements we’d had rather not be in that night though as we were kind of expected to babysit for some reason. regardless, we had some good fights. and yes, you’re correct! we had anywhere between 15~20 the entire night.

There’s no reason why GvG can’t be 15. I think guilds like ME actually prefer it.

and this is correct. we believe 15v15 opens up some constraints. it feels like at 20+ you can just start throwing random classes in. maybe we’re just gigantic noobs.

actually.. yeah, we’re probably just noobs.

ps. don’t build open field siege / defensive siege right in ME’s faces, it triggers this hormone like reaction and we simply can’t help but swarm the build site/siege in question, it usually results in rapid deaths of the builders.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

(edited by Darius Glazkov.9750)

in Match-ups

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Not really sure what Anet is trying to do. I’ve gone from spending hours on this game daily to barely being able to login due to the matchup system failing over and over.

Crossing my fingers that it won’t fail tomorrow.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

grats tc guys on taking on 5 with 15 and winning, you were so happy and laughing.

I can imagine the map chat “see we don’t need an 80 man to wipe 5 sos! we did it with 15 omg yeah! /laugh high fives all round”

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

grats tc guys on taking on 5 with 15 and winning, you were so happy and laughing.

I can imagine the map chat “see we don’t need an 80 man to wipe 5 sos! we did it with 15 omg yeah! /laugh high fives all round”

Nah, we have better things to talk about. Like the latest R-rated fanfiction about our favourite commanders.

Attachments:

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Dear Seren,

We appreciate you letting us know about this and we on TC will petition ANet to ensure that SoS never has to face TC again.

Instead SoS will only be put into matches with SoR, BG, and JQ so that you are wiped and laughed at by 80-man zergs all the time as requested.

NAGA|TC

(edited by Rackhir Tanelorn.9123)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Night Hawk Ix.7360

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Dear Seren,

We appreciate you letting us know about this and we on TC will petition ANet to ensure that SoS never has to face TC again.

Instead SoS will only be put into matches with SoR, BG, and JQ so that you are wiped and laughed at by 80-man zergs all the time as requested.

TC petition? Its for over 18s only and your bad trolling, comments show your only 12. Or are you getting a parent/guardian to sign that petiton for you!?

Mez You Up
Blackgate

(edited by Night Hawk Ix.7360)

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Dear Seren,

TC petition? Its for over 18s only and your bad trolling, comments show your only 12.

You’re or You are and not your just like how it is would have and not would of. You must check out urbandictionary.com for these terminologies.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=your

English isn’t even my primary language.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Dear Seren,

TC petition? Its for over 18s only and your bad trolling, comments show your only 12.

You’re or You are and not your just like how it is would have and not would of. You must check out urbandictionary.com for these terminologies.

MOM!?

How long have you been playing LagWars2 for?

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Dear Seren,

Oh MY GOD you are soooo smart!

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Dear Seren,

Oh MY GOD you are soooo smart!

My mom is smart, she had me XD

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

i also just wanted to note.. TC are the masters of siege creeping.

http://i.imgur.com/UqqTE6w.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TJfwrnQ.jpg

if you’re going to creep, at least don’t wipe. it’s just embarassing on your part.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in Match-ups

phaneo.4597

Dear Seren,

MOM!?

If you’re gonna call someone a 12 year old, better not sound like someone who’s 7 or someone like this:

4. your

1. The posessive form of the word “you.”

USAGE PROBLEM:
Commonly confused in usage with the word “you’re,” which is a contraction of the words “you are.”
If you misuse the word “your,” everyone will know that you’re a kittening kittentard.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

Dear Seren,

MOM!?

If you’re gonna call someone a 12 year old, better not sound like someone who’s 7 or someone like this:

4. your

USAGE PROBLEM:
Commonly confused in usage with the word “you’re,” which is a contraction of the words “you are.”
If you misuse the word “your,” everyone will know that you’re a kittening kittentard.

your level of intelligence exceeds even Isaac Newton’s.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Dear Seren,

MOM!?

4. your

USAGE PROBLEM:

That is such an inspired comment. Where did you get your tinfoil hat? I love it. It’s so fetch.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Grammar NZs man! Grammar NZs!

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

http://makeagif.com/i/WQtNkm

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Darn. What ever happened to Tarnished Coast? They used to be cool until all these non-RPer wannabes band wagoned to their server.

Maguuma has always been bad.

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

Darn. What ever happened to Tarnished Coast? They used to be cool until all these non-RPer wannabes band wagoned to their server.

I actually find Magswags wit and humor very entertaining, much respect.

in Match-ups

phaneo.4597

http://makeagif.com/i/WQtNkm

All I see in the pic is Newton’s gravitational theory being a fail. I pledge my innocence and I have nothing to do with this travesty.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

Grammar NZs man! Grammar NZs!

What is wrong with grammar in New Zealand? I usually find our grammar to be swell.

TC [CERN]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

Dear Seren,

MOM!?

4. your

USAGE PROBLEM:

Or someone who uses sentence fragments in their run-on sentences?

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

There’s just so many… My body is not ready.

Attachments:

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

wads.5730

There’s just so many… My body is not ready.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: PAGamer.4072

PAGamer.4072

I know. I’m sad, too.

Better find a yak to hug me.

Attachments:

Elwyn Eileurer
The Not Amazing Broken Toaster – Tarnished Coast
[Fun] with Naked Mole Rats/No One Really Likes Us [Sad]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Heh, no. 5v5’s happen all the time in WvW and saying they’re only for sPvP/tPvP is being ignorant and ignoring a huge part of the game when it comes to skill. The smaller the amount of players the more you notice if someone is messing up. With a 20v20 fight, 18 people could probably do all the work and still win with 2 people being complete noobs.

5v5 gvg in a wvw setting is going to have similar problems with lineup balancing that sPvP and tPvP do.

In 10+ or larger scale fights, classes or setups that are pretty much useless in small scale fights become valuable. Staff Necros and Eles, Warriors, etc.

In a smaller scale fight, those builds are at best mediocre, and more likely to be pretty much worthless.

So no, simply lowering the number of fighters doesn’t just show more emphasis on individual player skill, it also completely changes the metagame for builds.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Too busy RPing to care.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

wads.5730

5v5 gvg in a wvw setting is going to have similar problems with lineup balancing that sPvP and tPvP do.

In 10+ or larger scale fights, classes or setups that are pretty much useless in small scale fights become valuable. Staff Necros and Eles, Warriors, etc.

In a smaller scale fight, those builds are at best mediocre, and more likely to be pretty much worthless.

So no, simply lowering the number of fighters doesn’t just show more emphasis on individual player skill, it also completely changes the metagame for builds.

it definitely does show more individual skill, i dont see how anyone can argue this. it almost has to be true by definition.

the fact that different classes and builds become more and less effective as the fights get smaller doesn’t have any correlation to the amount of skill required. i dont even know why you brought it up.

its fine that you prefer larger organized fights, but it’s crazy to suggest that individual skill doesn’t play a bigger role in smaller fights.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Psycohexane.9354

Psycohexane.9354

That is such an inspired comment. Where did you get your tinfoil hat? I love it. It’s so fetch.

Gretchen! Stop trying to make fetch happen. It’s never going to happen.

Carebear Unit [CB] Officer
Sea of Sorrows
Tungsten Steel | Tungsten Twopointoh | Twinleaf Nightshade | Swagtasm

in Match-ups

Seren.6850

I like mag, they are tough on the field no matter what guild they are in, strong militia, tc does have some really strong players like NAGA (though I said the same thing when they were on CD), TV guild always brings it, iLL I was hoping to run into some more.

I’m happy to fight TC again, just everytime you guys /laugh when you win with triple numbers I’m gonna poke fun on the forums.

See you tomorrow on reset TC!

in Match-ups

Seren.6850

Gretchen! Stop trying to make fetch happen. It’s never going to happen.

you girls are so mean!

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

I expect my mini in the mail by now

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251