7/12 Dragonbrand/Maguuma/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

EA still having fun despite the matchup. Shouts to Mag (namely PYRO and ME – ya’ll are crazy!) and Yak’s Bend for being tough competitors. It’ll all be over in 2 days – until the next ridiculous matchup!

http://youtu.be/eRMkSWHnLSE

Enjoy!

Oh wow, you guys do something other than hide behind East keep walls?

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Have you seen [BURN] recently? Open field fighting is pretty much all we do, and we never run because its good skill group practice…

I hate to be ‘that guy’, but members of your guild do in fact run away.

I hate to be “that guy” too, but if your in a big Zerg and you run into a couple people in a camp, and they don’t stay and fight… I honestly don’t consider that running, more like putting the repair costs into a savings account for later.

I’m not in [BURN] but I do know that they don’t mind going into a fight undermanned.

As far as Yaks goes.. this is all I ever see them do.

http://youtu.be/7ixlnsMqT2M

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

EA still having fun despite the matchup. Shouts to Mag (namely PYRO and ME – ya’ll are crazy!) and Yak’s Bend for being tough competitors. It’ll all be over in 2 days – until the next ridiculous matchup!

Enjoy!

They build an arrow cart and three ballistas for a 20v6 at SE camp

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

Heated trolling between wagonuuma and swagonbrand, and that third server that the match thingy swears is participating.

considering the posts directly above yours I corrected it for accuracy.

edit: I do like how the 1 post from a YB player per page is usually taking a shot at mags…

It’s because all YB ever does is play for second place and tunnel-vision on Stonemist. Although, RAM was the go-to SM guild on YB, so maybe that’s changed. Too much Dragonbrand in this matchup to properly tell.

We don’t play for second place. We do, however, know what the matches will be like before they happen. We predicted Wagonbrand to dominate them doors while everyone is sleeping, and it was true. Nothing against them, its just their playerbase.

Week was decided when after the weekend wagonbrand had 4x the points of mag and yb. Now we are just goofing around waiting for that anticipated reset.

in Match-ups

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

Have you seen [BURN] recently? Open field fighting is pretty much all we do, and we never run because its good skill group practice…

I hate to be “that guy” too, but if your in a big Zerg and you run into a couple people in a camp, and they don’t stay and fight… I honestly don’t consider that running, more like putting the repair costs into a savings account for later.

I’m not in [BURN] but I do know that they don’t mind going into a fight undermanned.

I hate to be ‘that guy’ again, but if you read the previous conversation you would know we are talking about roaming solo/group.

Im not sure what this video is about. You are sad because a zerg didn’t fight yours? This happens all the time with every server and every matchup.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Heated trolling between wagonuuma and swagonbrand, and that third server that the match thingy swears is participating.

considering the posts directly above yours I corrected it for accuracy.

edit: I do like how the 1 post from a YB player per page is usually taking a shot at mags…

It’s because all YB ever does is play for second place and tunnel-vision on Stonemist. Although, RAM was the go-to SM guild on YB, so maybe that’s changed. Too much Dragonbrand in this matchup to properly tell.

We don’t play for second place. We do, however, know what the matches will be like before they happen. We predicted Wagonbrand to dominate them doors while everyone is sleeping, and it was true. Nothing against them, its just their playerbase.

Week was decided when after the weekend wagonbrand had 4x the points of mag and yb. Now we are just goofing around waiting for that anticipated reset.

No, YB definitely plays for second place constantly. You act like Mag and YB haven’t been in the same matchup for many, many weeks previously.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

x per fection x.2096

I hate to be ‘that guy’ again, but if you read the previous conversation you would know we are talking about roaming solo/group.

What’s with the ME obsession in this thread? They’re a good group of players, but I’ve never seen them singled out like this before.

It’s interesting how our best four or five guilds fill out a spectrum between extreme bowling ball and extreme kite. We all converse and borrow builds and ideas from each other, but our comps will always be different and we’ll always play differently.

Because they are the only ones who come out to fight in open field. And when they’re out, other mag guilds also grow some spine, and come out. Every other guild on Mags runs away from even even-numbered fights. Fact.

Mags would do well to learn from [ME].

Maybe you read wrong?

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I can outrun anybody. DB is so terrible at chasing it’s pathetic.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Why don’t you show the next 10 mins of that video, where we actually came back and wiped you…and then again at SW tower…and then again at SW camp. I know we had a bit more numbers (before some mags point it out, I had 30~, mags had 25~), but you came to us to fight us, and got wiped. In your video, the reason why we went inside was to build siege inside the keep. Wait for it, not so we can fight you with siege, just so that Hills is protected while we fight you in in the open.

As for mags in general, I have not seen many of them run from a fight, cept a few guilds.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I’m still offering 20G to anyone who beats me best of 5 in a 1v1. I’m a terrible Mag roamer!!! For some reason only someone on YB has taken me up on this offer even though apparently Dragonbrand is some pro skill roaming mecca.

Ah it was YOU. I’m the DB asura engineer that partied with you for a couple duels an hour or so ago. I’m still a little shocked and awed by what happened. And you were very nice about it too.

Folks out there, I suggest you fight this guy. As far as I can tell he can walk the talk.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

x per fection x.2096

I do have the rest of it, and you guys did wipe us. But only after you ran inside and waited for more even though you had more to begin with.

Just trying to get a point across to someone who put down an entire guild for no reason

I’ll upload it for you if you would like though.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

If ever someone say that DB is tier 2 and we owned because the other servers are tier X, he is an idiot. This is total BS. We got owned yesterday and today.

Yesterday we couldn’t even get out of our portal without getting killed in Eternal Battlegrounds for hours. And today (a few hours ago), our own borderland was run by Maguuma. They had even bigger zerg than us. We had at one point 5 commanders and they were all wiped like insects. We lost almost every structure on OUR borderland. They also had a small team: 2 mesmers, a thief who owned me (see my previous post), a necro, and an elementalist who took over Dreadfall Bay. The only reason why we are still tier 2 is because the other 2 servers are not playing 100% of the time. For example, their entire zerg left us to clean their mess after taking our garrison.

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

If ever someone say that DB is tier 2 and we owned because the other servers are tier X, he is an idiot. This is total BS. We got owned yesterday and today.

Yesterday we couldn’t even get out of our portal without getting killed in Eternal Battlegrounds for hours. And today (a few hours ago), our own borderland was run by Maguuma. They had even bigger zerg than us. We had at one point 5 commanders and they were all wiped like insects. We lost almost every structure on OUR borderland. They also had a small team: 2 mesmers, a thief who owned me (see my previous post), a necro, and an elementalist who took over Dreadfall Bay. The only reason why we are still tier 2 is because the other 2 servers are not playing 100% of the time. For example, their entire zerg left us to clean their mess after taking our garrison.

Pretty sure all of that is happening because nobody on DB NA prime cares about holding stuff anymore because it’s a chore and you’re going to win no matter what, and the night crew will always take care of re-upgrading everything. Nice job trying to use just one part of the match to make your point though, I guess. And you did it so politely, too!!!!!!!!!!

And if you don’t think it’s a good excuse for YB, who lost to BP last week, I dunno what to tell you.

in Match-ups

yesfourme.8906

Pretty sure all of that is happening because nobody on DB NA prime cares about holding stuff anymore because it’s a chore and you’re going to win no matter what, and the night crew will always take care of re-upgrading everything. Nice job trying to use just one part of the match to make your point though, I guess. And you did it so politely, too!!!!!!!!!!

And if you don’t think it’s a good excuse for YB, who lost to BP last week, I dunno what to tell you.

I don’t think so. Yesterday was really madness. If you were on my server, you will have known. Eternal Battlegrounds was maxed up on my server (everyone who wanted to join had to queue), and we still got kitten d. We couldn’t reach Lowland for hours. I hear that Maguuma and Yak worked together at that time. I ran to our own Borderlands to get supply and each time I had to wait in queue to return.

(edited by yesfourme.8906)

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Enjoy!

lol. Although we do miss it, we haven’t played the “Hold the Hills” game in a long, long time. Haven’t bothered with east keep since reset – Mag should know, you guys took it plenty this week

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

I don’t think so. Yesterday was really madness. If you were on my server, you will have known. Eternal Battlegrounds was maxed up on my server (everyone who wanted to join had to queue), and we still got kitten d. We couldn’t reach Lowland for hours. I hear that Maguuma and Yak worked together at that time. I ran to our own Borderlands to get supply (the only thing green at that time) and each time I had to wait in queue to return.

I’m not really sure how struggling against a 2v1 works as an argument in your favor? I’d also like to point out that higher tier is more about coverage than raw population at one particular time. DB is likely outside of T3 by its night coverage alone, and its NA population is stronger than it was before, when it was already stuck at the top of T3 by a large margin. Right now TC, DB, and FA are the T2 servers in order of strength. DB beats FA and FA beats us by a fairly large margin. To say that you’re only in T2 because the other servers are slacking is disingenuous.

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

That YB guy who ran down the hill must be a very recent server transfer to YB. I’m sure he’s learned by now though.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

Oh please can we all stop with the coverage/population discussion now before it starts up again. We’ve gone through it with every server and every matchup, and we all know it.

I’ll be honest I’m getting a little disappointed by the WvW during EU primetime/early NA, when I can play. DB loses a lot of ground to bigger numbers (yes I know the reverse happens when DB SEA comes on). That’s not really a problem in itself. But during this time, DB seems to be content just flipping points instead of actually fighting the enemy. Is it just because I spend most of my time on the BLs and I need to go to EB? Or is it just the strategy we developed of fighting the path of least resistance?

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

That YB guy who ran down the hill must be a very recent server transfer to YB. I’m sure he’s learned by now though.

Or here’s another possibility: He was the sacrificial lamb that allowed the rest of the group to get away in peace. Personally I’d love to see WvW using more diversionary tactics like this. Imagine while your group focused this guy the the rest of their zerg veiled and flanked you. That would have been awesome!

in Match-ups

yesfourme.8906

To say that you’re only in T2 because the other servers are slacking is disingenuous.

I am not calling them slacking. You are.
I am saying the other servers and their respective players are much better than DB. We just roll all over the map only as long as they are not there in full force. If they were playing, we had no answer.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

I think this is because a lot of DB folks are running up-leveled characters because the match is already won. In addition, Mags are out in full strength because they’re not being annihilated by our guilds anymore.

At full strength, Mags NA has much larger numbers than ours anyway. It’s too bad that they can’t have the same impact as our SEA players have with similar numbers. It might be because our NA guilds fight hard to defend during our weak NA prime time… at times, we just try to deny spawn points to opposing servers. Same numbers, different outcome.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I agree calvin, DB’s SEA needs to stop getting carried by DB’s amazing, award winning NA guilds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

you guys should stop worrying about playing for points, it is pointless with ANET’s new system. Play in open field, tone up your skills. We will be returning very soon to see the overall progress.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

Calvin.5380

I agree calvin, DB’s SEA needs to stop getting carried by DB’s amazing, award winning NA guilds.

Attachments:

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

you guys should stop worrying about playing for points, it is pointless with ANET’s new system. Play in open field, tone up your skills. We will be returning very soon to see the overall progress.

Are you guys made of money or what, geez Well I look forward to seeing another good guild some time.

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

I think DB could stand to use some serious guild and PUG initiatives to improve open field fighting. JQ/BG/SoR showed us some good stuff. And Mag/Ebay have shown us some stuff too. The only other servers within 4 ranks are TC and FA, and I contend they are just as bad as us in the open field, so we have nothing to learn from them.

If Agg is actually considering coming back to DB, even for just a little time, I think it would be really cool if they could help shape that initiative.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

I made this video of CAMP entering JP to clear out all the people who deem themselves higher authority. http://youtu.be/4xmckWVPRaI?t=1m40s

Baconbaconbeefbaconbeef,

JaNoidy- One of 6 all stealth theives guild CAMP

http://i.imgur.com/WgEtc6D.jpg

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

Lols who wants to chase you, im sorry but we got bigger fish to fry other then waste time on you. Oh if were not as that great then why were you running in the first place? doesnt that put you on a lower level? =)

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Match-ups

SiegHawk.7981

and with your NA full force you still cant accomplish anything even by outnumbering us, thats nice to know =)

Dragonbrand [EAT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

and with your NA full force you still cant accomplish anything even by outnumbering us, thats nice to know =)

Is EA willing to fight guilds yet, or do you still pride yourself on siege usage?

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Lols who wants to chase you, im sorry but we got bigger fish to fry other then waste time on you. Oh if were not as that great then why were you running in the first place? doesnt that put you on a lower level? =)

Attachments:

in Match-ups

SiegHawk.7981

Is EA willing to fight guilds yet, or do you still pride yourself on siege usage?

Its call true nature of War, im sorry but when your in a war zone theres no rules to whats allowed or not. Ill use anything to my advantage, ill even use my coins! Id sell my wife to win the fight. As for me i like to play as dirty as possbile what can i say? =P

#PraysToMyVictims-ImWierdLikeThat =P

Dragonbrand [EAT]

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

DB may need to teach literacy before open field fighting.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackAngel.1349

BlackAngel.1349

kitten good fights in YB BL (at least for us in NS). Btw, BURN, that mesmer portal in bay… I am so dissapointed.

Jericho, now we won’t ever have that NS vs Agg GvG

Glaedr Darksbane

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

Mag is taking naked DB night way too seriously.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

We can’t discriminate loot bags by their armor, server or guild. All loot bags are equal.

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Where is this happening? If there have been naked people where I’ve been I haven’t noticed it

in Match-ups

SiegHawk.7981

Where is this happening? If there have been naked people where I’ve been I haven’t noticed it

Maybe you need another check up with your eye doctor. =)

Dragonbrand [EAT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

You totally missed the free loot that they were giving us, Saiyr~

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

You totally missed the free loot that they were giving us, Saiyr~

lol tryhard

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

Play with high settings!!!! ~@~

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Good…one…???

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Good…one…???

Careful. He’ll take the compliment.

in Match-ups

Calvin.5380

In WvW. Check with some of the WvW-centric guilds on your server and they’ll help you log into one of the WvW maps. Careful, it’s an unforgiving place, unlike PvE.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

In WvW. Check with some of the WvW-centric guilds on your server and they’ll help you log into one of the WvW maps. Careful, it’s an unforgiving place, unlike PvE.

I hear the voice of experience coming from someone who got kicked from BP for being bad at WvW. Thanks for the advice!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

[EA] is Dragonbrand’s smallest “primary” wvw guild, a DB guild from the start, specializing in a couple of key wvw elements not directly associated with open field combat. First off, in coordinated and continued point defense. Our guild will put a waypoint on anything anywhere given time unless we’re severely outnumbered. You can attribute the waypoints we put on your keeps on reset to that, as once we have the keep and siege up most of our help leaves to assist on other maps. Usually about 20~30 of us (on reset, 15~20 other nights) can hold 40~45 points (1 keep, 1 tower, 1~2 camps) on an enemy borderlands against 2 full zergs (assuming no long term 2v1s) freeing up room for DB’s other guilds to take greater portions of other maps.

Our other key strength lies in our ability to capture (ninja) key points without being detected (not so much on reset night). Such as the keep on an enemy’s borderlands far from our spawn. We really enjoy it, too. Since we run as a smaller group than most of the other guilds we can do this sort of thing more easily. Again, we have excellent communication.

We don’t claim to be great open fielders, and openly admit that that’s something we’re working on. [EA]‘s spent a fair amount of time practicing our stacking, communication and boon stacking + timing. One thing we rarely do, however, is run away from a fairly even fight. Moreover, we don’t force ourselves to play certain classes with certain builds— instead doing our best to synergize with what everyone wants to play. For instance, I’m a condition ranger, (bleed focused). Limited utility in zerg combat. But I do my best. The fact is, our focus and interest isn’t in that particular element of the game.

We’re not hardcore. We enjoy all assets of the game, and contribute in ways that many other guilds and people would rather not. The fact is, yes, we’ll continue to hide behind walls when it’s convenient. Yes, we’ll continue to use siege as part of our strategy in wvw. If you want to bash us on our perceived weakness, that’s your business.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

(edited by Kovu.7560)

in Match-ups

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

Nice life story, bro.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Nice life story, bro.

Oh, and I bought a house today.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Nice life story, bro.

Oh, and I bought a house today.

~ Kovu

Congrats!

PS the life of a homeowner is terrible

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

I think DB could stand to use some serious guild and PUG initiatives to improve open field fighting. JQ/BG/SoR showed us some good stuff. And Mag/Ebay have shown us some stuff too. The only other servers within 4 ranks are TC and FA, and I contend they are just as bad as us in the open field, so we have nothing to learn from them.

If Agg is actually considering coming back to DB, even for just a little time, I think it would be really cool if they could help shape that initiative.

Kiss more Agg kitten pls….

Field skirmishing is overrated, and should already be autopiloting by now

Less forums for fighting advice, and more time on the ground, without lipstick, to learn whatever you need to know

(edited by Efface.8460)