7/5 Maguuma/Fort Aspenwood/Kaineng

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

[FLOT] from FA would like to thank all the members of [FOE] from Kain for the tasty loot bags last night at north camp. We had no real interest in taking your camp, we were just farming you, with the added bonus of distracting a zerg every now and then.

Cheers!

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

[FLOT] from FA would like to thank all the members of [FOE] from Kain for the tasty loot bags last night at north camp. We had no real interest in taking your camp, we were just farming you, with the added bonus of distracting a zerg every now and then.

Cheers!

You’re so adorable. Can I pinch your cheeks?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Lurock Turoth.9085

Sylvari cheeks are rather splintery, but sure you are welcome to try!

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

what is this, fov wars 2?

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I’d like to compliment FA and KN for their etiquette in the JP. Other than one mean thief, you have been pleasantly content on going about your business in peace.

Unlike those nasty TC folks. Would you believe they camped the JP last time?

The nerve.

Not sure if troll or not…. if not troll then get off our server right now. I am 100% serious.

How dare you. You’re probably one of those DARP I keep hearing about aren’t you?

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

So you think the game was intentionally designed so that you’d have to shrink your window in order to get certain angles when firing an arrow cart? Anet specifically made the camera work in this way in order to allow firing at otherwise unreachable spots?

Come on… The much more obvious explanation is that the camera code in this game is a mess and they haven’t come up with a way to fix this without breaking other things.

How in the world could they come up with a code the doesn’t give people with a multi monitor set up a wider FOV? At least the ability to access the wider FOV is easy for everyone to have. 1 team doesn’t have and inherent advantage over the other when it comes to arrow carts.

The answer is to take this subject to the devs in the suggestion forum. Ask them to prevent ac’s from hitting inside areas with roofs on them like hills lords room. That would solve just about all problems, but you also couldn’t fire out of any structure with a roof on it if this idea is used. for balance sake.

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

I just watched Mag use FOV to kill siege at KN BL hills, so please stop trying to take some sort of high ground here Mag lol.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

You know you can continue talking to the same person you were arguing with rather than saying “Mag” like it’s the entire server that shares that view, right?

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

ban arrow carts

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

ban magumma

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

… and even TC was a much more interesting engagement.

and even some of those were pretty boring. i guess better than most FA groups. until the 80man comes along

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

… and even TC was a much more interesting engagement.

and even some of those were pretty boring. i guess better than most FA groups. until the 80man comes along

You’ve just been banned for exaggerating.

Edit: !!!!!!!!!!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deepfreeze.1048

Deepfreeze.1048

So first off please pardon my ignorance as I haven’t been doing wvw very long, but the maguuma server seems to have some weird ritual of dancing on solo players’ corpses. At this point I’ve witnessed it quite a few (>20) times, with it happening most frequently after a large group (10+) charge me down to try and use me as fertilizer or after I summon a giant useless druid spirit and jump around in circles next to it. I’ve thus become convinced that it’s some sort of initiation rite for maguuma’s guilds, which are apparently akin to gangs, and have been doing it back to try and gain their respect.

Please enlighten a confused tree like thing.

-Thyme Traveler, FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

How in the world could they come up with a code the doesn’t give people with a multi monitor set up a wider FOV? At least the ability to access the wider FOV is easy for everyone to have. 1 team doesn’t have and inherent advantage over the other when it comes to arrow carts.

Assuming it’s impossible to limit the targeting of ACs to the default FOV while still displaying a larger one, I’d prefer they revert everyone to the default upon entering WvW (and sPvP, why not). Obviously this would kitten off everyone who uses multiple monitor set ups but that’s a really small percentage of the player base. The needs of the many and all that. Seeing more is an advantage no matter how you slice it, the ACs just make it incredibly obvious.

The alternative is a complete rework of AC targeting, which I think would probably be far too tricky considering the maps are designed partially around their current mechanic.

I just watched Mag use FOV to kill siege at KN BL hills, so please stop trying to take some sort of high ground here Mag lol.

Nobody said Mag doesn’t do it too though? I was just pointing out that defending a commander abusing FOV in the most obvious manner possible while advertising your server-wide anti-hacking policy is somewhat hypocritical. If I install a FOV hack to do this on one monitor without shrinking I’m burned at the FA mystic forge but if I shrink the window I’m okay by them?

MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Oh my.
I guess, now I need to defend his honor and prove his innocence with some broken logic.

Nah, just report him.

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

I was just saying…pot calling the kettle black…

I was actually a bit more surprised to see WHO was doing it…

Mag feel free to do whatever you need to do, its the least of our worries, this is likely an “uplevels on WvW” week for us. :P

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wildchild.7502

Wildchild.7502

GG to GODS on this skirmish 5mins ago on KBL from CNB. Was fun !

Guardian – Exg Wildchild /Necro – Wildchild Two / Ranger – Aleksi Laiho
SIC – Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I’ve developed a new maxim for when I encounter FA:

If they’re not running
They see their zerg coming

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

So first off please pardon my ignorance as I haven’t been doing wvw very long, but the maguuma server seems to have some weird ritual of dancing on solo players’ corpses. At this point I’ve witnessed it quite a few (>20) times, with it happening most frequently after a large group (10+) charge me down to try and use me as fertilizer or after I summon a giant useless druid spirit and jump around in circles next to it. I’ve thus become convinced that it’s some sort of initiation rite for maguuma’s guilds, which are apparently akin to gangs, and have been doing it back to try and gain their respect.

Please enlighten a confused tree like thing.

-Thyme Traveler, FA

Gangs of Maguuma, a new blockbuster movie coming soon to a theater near you!

in Match-ups

Lurock Turoth.9085

If they’re not running

You haven’t encountered our havoc guilds have you?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

If they’re not running

You haven’t encountered our havoc guilds have you?

A havoc group? That sounds scary.

On Mag we call them Ultra Lion Commando Voltron groups.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

If there’s anything I’ve learned, no one from any server can count numbers accurately… ever.

FA, if you think you’re fighting Maguuma with even numbers, and you have a queue, you’re probably wrong 7/10 times. I don’t really care that much about numbers, I’ll fight anyways, but it needs to be said.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

I care about numbers just because I like to give reliable intelligence. Sometimes I actually count them individually. Harder to do when FA has like 30 to 40 in front and their backline keeps culling in and out.

Whatever. Being outnumbered doesn’t bother me if it isn’t excessive, but you guys make it hard to actually fight cause I’m spending most of my time running from counter-siege to counter-siege and repairing so many kitten walls. Always so many trebs. Do what any proper zerg server does when greatly outnumbering the enemy. Just quickly auto attack the gate down.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

is FA the new official RP server?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

that was pretty prescient of dull egotistical rading guild to know that we were going to face them and then not show up on reset because we pose no challenge

i am very impressed

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

that was pretty prescient of dull egotistical rading guild to know that we were going to face them and then not show up on reset because we pose no challenge

i am very impressed

Let me know when FA gets a guild worth fighting. Your last one transferred to Blackgate.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Reading the forums is always more enjoyable when we are fighting Maguuma.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

i am very impressed

Let me know when FA gets a guild worth fighting. Your last one transferred to Blackgate.

We’ll let you know.

Start holding your breath.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Great first performance in Fort Aspenwood RAM, you were extremely effective in MAG bl.

in Match-ups

Zoel.9154

i am very impressed

We’ll let you know.

Start holding your breath.

yeah there are no good guilds on fort aspenwood sorry

we are all role players

Also your intel is bad, not recruiting went to SoR

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

(edited by Zoel.9154)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

That was cute on FABL hills PYRO <3 Emergency Response commander was called sorry… :P So all commanders were notified……

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Also your intel is bad, not recruiting went to SoR

Who?

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

i am very impressed

The secret is we’re actually all A.Net employees!!!!!!!!!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone would be up for a 2v3 or 2v4 duels? I’m trying to find some good fights against Kain/FA and can’t really find them.

Thanks in advance!

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

We cap our fights at 5v1, or expanding that ratio, 10v2.

Also, unless by duels you mean rp in taverns, it might be difficult to help you out

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in Match-ups

Zoel.9154

i am very impressed

what is it like having a button that lets everyone know you are an nda violation waiting to happen

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

i am very impressed

what is it like having a button that lets everyone know you are an nda violation waiting to happen

live life on the edge bro

in Match-ups

Zoel.9154

that’s deep man, you’re like yolo ono

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

Dear forums, today was the best day.
We killed an anet guy. We built a flame ram on top of him and held a funeral.
And finally, our amazing mesmer moa’d him.
My gw2 life is complete.

http://youtu.be/XOY5yZfbtqk

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

We cap our fights at 5v1, or expanding that ratio, 10v2.

Also, unless by duels you mean rp in taverns, it might be difficult to help you out

You are rping TC very well.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

…then not show up on reset…

Um, just about every person in DER|P was in WvW on reset, how is that not showing up? Because we decided to focus on defense and upgrades on our own BL rather than open field fights? We’ve already stated that we were there, we simply didn’t do a raid group.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

…then not show up on reset…

Um, just about every person in DER|P was in WvW on reset, how is that not showing up? Because we decided to focus on defense and upgrades on our own BL rather than open field fights? We’ve already stated that we were there, we simply didn’t do a raid group.

I wish that could be our mascot

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Shout out from Mag to our opponents over at Fort Bagspenwood, you literally funded yet another Gift of Battle just from your performance in Kaineng BL today.

Couldn’t have done it without you! I’ve never seen a 50+ man zerg repeatedly getting wiped by groups of 15-20 players to the extent that it happened tonight. If your commanders need some tips I’m sure Mag would be willing to help out.

FA: Pioneering the way to win match-ups through sheer coverage since 2012.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

Can someone link me how exactly I can be like PRO with arrow cart skillz? I need it for tomorrows karma train. Thank you.

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

I wish that could be our mascot

Make it so. I know you can do it, I believe in you.

Shout out from Mag to our opponents over at Fort Bagspenwood, you literally funded yet another Gift of Battle just from your performance in Kaineng BL today.

Couldn’t have done it without you! I’ve never seen a 50+ man zerg repeatedly getting wiped by groups of 15-20 players to the extent that it happened tonight. If your commanders need some tips I’m sure Mag would be willing to help out.

FA: Pioneering the way to win match-ups through sheer coverage since 2012.

So cute!

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

A kind stranger shared the sacred knowledge with me. So it’s ok to do it with FA tomorrow (karma train, wink-wink).

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Shout out from FA to our opponents over at Bagoooma, you literally funded yet another 10 Gifts of Battle just from your performance in Mag BL today.

Couldn’t have done it without you! I’ve never seen a 50+ man zerg with 6 AC support repeatedly getting wiped by groups of 15-20 players to the extent that it happened tonight. If your commanders need some tips I’m sure Fissue of Woe would be willing to help out.

Mag: Giving out bags like it is Christmas since GW2 release.

Fixed to represent reality. Btw thanks for the exotics every day. WvW > CoF p1 farm :P

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Shout out from FA to our opponents over at Bagoooma, you literally funded yet another 10 Gifts of Battle just from your performance in Mag BL today.

Couldn’t have done it without you! I’ve never seen a 50+ man zerg with 6 AC support repeatedly getting wiped by groups of 15-20 players to the extent that it happened tonight. If your commanders need some tips I’m sure Fissue of Woe would be willing to help out.

Fixed to represent reality. Btw thanks for the exotics every day. WvW > CoF p1 farm :P

I take it this wasn’t the same 15-20 players on Kaineng BL that built 2 superior arrow carts to protect their “stealth” catapult from 4 of us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

FA bragging about fighting with AC’s?

What is going on here, we are not TC guys.

CNB fun running into you guys as always.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

That is not as snappy of a comeback as you might hope.