Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Averaelas.1876

Averaelas.1876

If Lilli gets to be Rose, I wanna be Donna.

Commander Laethwyn of RUN Human D/D Ele
Czano Asura Mesmer
#TeamLaensií

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

It’s because she gets to touch Captain Jack, isn’t it? :P

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Just thought I’d drop into this thread. WTF is going on in Tier 5? Why is Gates of Madness not a smear on the pavement? For that matter, why are they within a hairs breath of passing Kaineng and in competition with Yaks? Are you guys taking the week off or has the Madness gone all Sparta?

GoM has far superior micromanagement than the zergballs know how to deal with. if we ever meet again BP, you’ll be in first, sure. but taking things will be much more difficult.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Kaineng also appears to be downright terrified of Yak’s Bend. So factor in the fact that we have to sacrifice a good portion of our offense to play non-stop defense against the 2nd place server, meanwhile the 1st place server gets a free pass on keeping most of their borderlands fully upgraded all week.

We seem to be winning most of our head-to-head clashes, though, and we’re able to nab top PPT occasionally during peak times, so I’d say we’re doing quite alright. If blue would start playing smart, the scoring would be a lot tighter and they’d actually have a shot at winning the week.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Averaelas.1876

It’s because she gets to touch Captain Jack, isn’t it? :P

Me thinks Jack would prefer me.

Czano Asura Mesmer
#TeamLaensií

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: TCDJ.5378

TCDJ.5378

Kaineng also appears to be downright terrified of Yak’s Bend. So factor in the fact that we have to sacrifice a good portion of our offense to play non-stop defense against the 2nd place server, meanwhile the 1st place server gets a free pass on keeping most of their borderlands fully upgraded all week.

We seem to be winning most of our head-to-head clashes, though, and we’re able to nab top PPT occasionally during peak times, so I’d say we’re doing quite alright. If blue would start playing smart, the scoring would be a lot tighter and they’d actually have a shot at winning the week.

It’s different. If I have 10-15 rallians on me, of which I have may be 5 on Teamspeak, I’m going for GoM. To take today for an example: we held all your towers, garrison and hills at the same time.
Props to the defenders at bay, but we eventually got that too. I had sent scouts to YB BL and GoM BL just before we started on your hills, and the reports made the choice easy.

Just look at how later, when we did have bay but lost your garrison again, we went in again with the three omegas. Even after repeated calls they didn’t aim for your ACs but instead targeted the warrior that rushed outside, giving you all the time in the world to build siege at your inner gate. That was terrible execution on our part, and was also one of the reasons why I didn’t bring that group to YB.

Additionally your havoc groups keep showing up on our map. Taking a tower or two (or four) on your borderlands usually gets them to switch back. And because switching maps often costs a lot of players, we just stay and take whatever else is up for grabs. Operation “Low Hanging Fruit” commences and we stick around for a while focusing on you instead of YB.

I’m not saying GoM is bad. If you were, the score wouldn’t be as close as it is. However you definitely are an easier target to get our PPT up and remain in second place. Additionally, I think some of the decisions you’re making don’t work out in your favor.

Yaks focuses on us a lot to keep us from catching up – which makes sense, the server in 2nd place is the biggest threat for the one in 1st place. At the same time you’re hitting us to try to overtake us. So we’re stuck in an endless 2v1 (like WvW is supposed to) – we’re the most interesting target for both servers. If you have to retake your BL that gives us some breathing room to push YB back again.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Averaelas.1876

It’s different. If I have 10-15 rallians on me, of which I have may be 5 on Teamspeak, I’m going for GoM. To take today for an example: we held all your towers, garrison and hills at the same time.
Props to the defenders at bay, but we eventually got that too. I had sent scouts to YB BL and GoM BL just before we started on your hills, and the reports made the choice easy.

Just look at how later, when we did have bay but lost your garrison again, we went in again with the three omegas. Even after repeated calls they didn’t aim for your ACs but instead targeted the warrior that rushed outside, giving you all the time in the world to build siege at your inner gate. That was terrible execution on our part, and was also one of the reasons why I didn’t bring that group to YB.

Additionally your havoc groups keep showing up on our map. Taking a tower or two (or four) on your borderlands usually gets them to switch back. And because switching maps often costs a lot of players, we just stay and take whatever else is up for grabs. Operation “Low Hanging Fruit” commences and we stick around for a while focusing on you instead of YB.

I’m not saying GoM is bad. If you were, the score wouldn’t be as close as it is. However you definitely are an easier target to get our PPT up and remain in second place. Additionally, I think some of the decisions you’re making don’t work out in your favor.

Yaks focuses on us a lot to keep us from catching up – which makes sense, the server in 2nd place is the biggest threat for the one in 1st place. At the same time you’re hitting us to try to overtake us. So we’re stuck in an endless 2v1 (like WvW is supposed to) – we’re the most interesting target for both servers. If you have to retake your BL that gives us some breathing room to push YB back again.

The problem here is that we have people who are dedicated to Eb and dedicated to BL separately. I do both, but many of us are one-trick ponies. So don’t expect much slack.

Czano Asura Mesmer
#TeamLaensií

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

You got lucky GoM, that new build saved OL, for now.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Heh Heh Heh Heh, that was the buns! Guild siege ftw.

Attachments:

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

1. People actually get a hard match-up and chicken out of WvW
2. Pve Content

thus why we’ve been outnumbered, 3 nights/days in a row for a good majority of the time.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: FooDang.2498

FooDang.2498

1. People actually get a hard match-up and chicken out of WvW
2. Pve Content

thus why we’ve been outnumbered, 3 nights/days in a row for a good majority of the time.

getting tagged teamed by a Zerg from each opposing server probably helped with that lol

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

If you really wanted to win the week, you would try to slow down Yak’s point intake by either capping their territories or by capping our territories that YB is holding. Instead, you’re choosing “to keep your PPT up” by hitting our unprotected territories while we’re dealing with YB. That does nothing to help you actually close the gap because, in case you haven’t noticed, YB is pretty eager to chomp away at your territories whenever you guys push on us and they’re keeping their PPT just as high, if not higher, than what your push is earning you. So, enjoy that immediate PPT boost, because you’re leaving both GoM’s territories and KN’s territories completely exposed for YB to come in with superior numbers and easily take it all later when they can open the scoring gap up in off-peak hours.

If your commanders were smart, they’d want everything YB owns to be paper at all times, even if it means that GoM is doing some of that flipping. The pressure would stay on the top server and both lower servers would slowly eat away at the lead all week until it becomes a mad dash for the finish line. That’s how a 2v1 works if all three servers want to win.

Unless, of course, Kaineng is happy with 2nd place. If that’s the case, then I’ve got nothing more to say except good luck and have fun with whatever you do. I’ll be over in YB borderlands with some players who actually like to scrap if any of your servermates decide they want to grow a pair.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: FooDang.2498

FooDang.2498

I LoL when I read that, from our side in EB all we see is KG coming up our backsides while we attempt to push Yaks every single time, then I look at the map and I see Golanta uncontested…and you wonder why we push to your side all the time

I agree with TeamBattleAxe and you seem afraid of YB, maybe that’s not how it is but its definitely how it looks

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Thanks Rx guild from Kain. You guys had me laughing for almost an hour. People get so mad when you /laugh at them. =P

One of these days you’ll get SM. Just not this week. Tee hee

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Kain is too scared to touch Yak, even spawn camping GoM while they lose duri to YB.

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

It is what it is. YB easily outnumbers kaineng and unless we have an organized push from a few guilds we usually do not even have the numbers to push in YB and take mroe then a single tower. Using the same numbers we can push GOM and get a couple towers and a keep.

PPT means the GOM is a much smarter target. I dont like it… lets be honest, but that is how Anet setup the match. If we focus on YB we might slow their point gain yes… but then GOM has the freedom to hit things uncontested while we are throwing everything at YB. This means less PPT for us, and mroe PPT for GOM, while barely scratching YBs PPT.

This means we risk losing 2nd place to GOM. Sorry not a smart bet. Am I happy with 2nd place? Nope… but tis a hell of a lot better then 3rd.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

sephiroth.4217

It is what it is. YB easily outnumbers kaineng and unless we have an organized push from a few guilds we usually do not even have the numbers to push in YB and take mroe then a single tower. Using the same numbers we can push GOM and get a couple towers and a keep.

Sneeze Sorry I’m allergic to bullkitten.

You own SM.

Full of kitten or you seriously doubt yourselves as a server.

Anyway, been good throwing myself at 5 people outnumbered and getting a stomp on atleast 1 person has been very educating about my toon.

….. And Elementalist.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

Kain is too scared to touch Yak, even spawn camping GoM while they lose duri to YB.

If by spawn camping you mean 5 of CoF’s finest holding off an entire server, then yes kaineng was spawn camping

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

sephiroth.4217

If by spawn camping you mean 5 of CoF’s finest holding off an entire server, then yes kaineng was spawn camping

There was a lot more than 5 but even then the entire server on at that point of time in that area was 3-4 so GJ!

Attachments:

….. And Elementalist.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

There was a lot more than 5 but even then the entire server on at that point of time in that area was 3-4 so GJ!

What it feels like fighting higher tier servers….

Attachments:

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

I’m curious, did you play against DB or SoS? If you think you are getting it this week then wait till you face one of those. Sure, you are getting some attention, but if you truly think this is tough on you then hope that you do not rise in rank to face some of the real elephant servers out there.

[Yak’s Bend]

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I’m curious, did you play against DB or SoS? If you think you are getting it this week then wait till you face one of those. Sure, you are getting some attention, but if you truly think this is tough on you then hope that you do not rise in rank to face some of the real elephant servers out there.

Muni’s .gif overstatement aside, we played rank 24 last week. We’re not worried about facing ranks 5 and 7. That’s a problem on your side of the rankings.

Also, I was there last time we fought Yak’s Bend in October, where Yak’s Bend scored 550k points. So I, and many people here, are well aware of what an kitten kicking feels like.

Should mention that I’m not sure your server is facing 30-40 people from one server and 20-30 from another server on your borderland almost every day?

That said, this match is awesome and I am loving it! =)

Gate of Madness

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Somehow I think the words higher tier and higher pop are being mixed and matched. YB is not a high WvW pop server. For some reason I think it’s a psychological thing where every server in this game thinks they are outnumbered. How is that possible?! Because what else could it be?! I can’t ever say someone is better than me at a game. The table must be rigged! I was cheated!

Constructive criticism. YB does it too but not to the extent I’ve seen Kain and GoM when tabbing through zerg targets. Stop bringing alts to WvW… I haven’t seen so many upleveled free kills in a loooooong time. Not saying that’s the main reason you’re losing but it sure doesn’t help when 50% of your zerg is dead from 2 hits. lol

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: TCDJ.5378

TCDJ.5378

Some good fights at NW tower on KBL earlier today, but as you’ve seen I’m not just gonna let you take it (though admittedly you got awfully close).
It’s still funny many of you mention being outnumbered often though as it was 15 GOM versus 6 of us in there. Good fight regardless.

What I didn’t appreciate as much however was an YB roamer just being insulting. Look at the attachment. That’s a prime example of the opposite of sportsmanship.

After we killed him in a 2v2 turned 3v1 (because we got one extra and focused his friend to death) he joined my party only to insult us and leave it again.

Attachments:

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Somehow I think the words higher tier and higher pop are being mixed and matched. YB is not a high WvW pop server. For some reason I think it’s a psychological thing where every server in this game thinks they are outnumbered. How is that possible?! Because what else could it be?! I can’t ever say someone is better than me at a game. The table must be rigged! I was cheated!

Constructive criticism. YB does it too but not to the extent I’ve seen Kain and GoM when tabbing through zerg targets. Stop bringing alts to WvW… I haven’t seen so many upleveled free kills in a loooooong time. Not saying that’s the main reason you’re losing but it sure doesn’t help when 50% of your zerg is dead from 2 hits. lol

I usually refrain from makin comments on good/bad people are. I think how good/bad people are is evident in the game. Forum words aren’t going to change what happened in game.

The populations between the three server are enough that I think everyone’s having great fights.

It does seem to me that we’re kinda gettin ganked up on! But since everyone always says that I might be sufferin from that bias. My bias keeps me from figurin out if it’s just my bias or if it’s true though, hahaha.

Gate of Madness

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

Can’t speak for Kain (or most of GoM to be honest), but we’ve been stuck fighting servers that can’t compete with us (mostly due to numbers, i like to think that we have some good tactics too, but so does everyone on every server) for a long time now. Due to that, i think we’ve had a large influx of players who see wvw as a quick and easy way to level up their lowbies because of all the karma trains we ran to relieve the boredom of 3 weeks of FC. Hopefully these people will catch the wvw bug and jump on their 80s now that they realise uplevels don’t work against higher ranked opponents. Either that or they’ll leave. And we’ll be sad.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raithien.7946

Raithien.7946

Well I don’t know about you, but we’ve been having the outmanned buff a lot more than we haven’t. That’s not an embellishment. About alts… well people can play how they want to play, and to be honest, I’ve seen a lot of uplevels from GoM throwing down pretty well. Hell even my 68-72 engi was able to win 1v1 and 1v2’s with full 80s, but that’s neither here or there.

Basically having outmanned being an almost all day thing justifies saying we are outnumbered in WvW. However as stated before, fun fights so far this week.

Gates of Madness – [RH]
Norrec De Saber(War), Riccol(Guard), Russou Pagan(Necro)
-Raven Hold till we’re dust- “Those loot bags run fast, don’t they”

(edited by Raithien.7946)

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Well I don’t know about you, but we’ve been having the outmanned buff a lot more than we haven’t. That’s not an embellishment. About alts… well people can play how they want to play, and to be honest, I’ve seen a lot of uplevels from GoM throwing down pretty well. Hell even my 68-72 engi was able to win 1v1 and 1v2’s with full 80s, but that’s neither here or there.

Basically having outmanned being an almost all day thing justifies saying we are outnumbered in WvW. However as stated before, fun fights so far this week.

To be fair, we spend most of our time on enemy borderlands.

Gate of Madness

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

Should mention that I’m not sure your server is facing 30-40 people from one server and 20-30 from another server on your borderland almost every day?

Good thing you are still having fun. You guys aren’t doing too bad actually.

We had higher ranked servers against us for the last weeks, and Yaks is no longer the same as last October. Neither is Kaineng from what i can tell, so from my point of view you guys are not being rolled over completely all the time. Or am i wrong there? I’m mostly in our BL so i can’t tell how many of us are over in your BL.

Sure, having Zergs in your BL is not a pleasant experience, but Yaks can’t field the 60-80 Zergs we had in our BL during the last weeks. All.the.time.

Oh, and believe it or not, we had our own times with the outmanned buff this week. I stay mostly in our BL to defend, where at times we are few in number. So even this week i know how it feels.

What I didn’t appreciate as much however was an YB roamer just being insulting. Look at the attachment. That’s a prime example of the opposite of sportsmanship.

After we killed him in a 2v2 turned 3v1 (because we got one extra and focused his friend to death) he joined my party only to insult us and leave it again.

Such things do happen unfortunately. Bad manners are not acceptable imo. But at least you did not get vomitted on…happened to me some weeks ago, if only i could remember the server the guys came from… >.<

[Yak’s Bend]

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raithien.7946

Raithien.7946

To be fair, we spend most of our time on enemy borderlands.

Very true, but I was speaking of our own bl. Just didn’t enumerate that in my post, lol. Nothing like seeing a YB hydra-zerg and realizing we have only 4 active people on the map.

Gates of Madness – [RH]
Norrec De Saber(War), Riccol(Guard), Russou Pagan(Necro)
-Raven Hold till we’re dust- “Those loot bags run fast, don’t they”

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Good thing you are still having fun. You guys aren’t doing too bad actually.

We had higher ranked servers against us for the last weeks, and Yaks is no longer the same as last October. Neither is Kaineng from what i can tell, so from my point of view you guys are not being rolled over completely all the time. Or am i wrong there? I’m mostly in our BL so i can’t tell how many of us are over in your BL.

Sure, having Zergs in your BL is not a pleasant experience, but Yaks can’t field the 60-80 Zergs we had in our BL during the last weeks. All.the.time.

Oh, and believe it or not, we had our own times with the outmanned buff this week. I stay mostly in our BL to defend, where at times we are few in number. So even this week i know how it feels.

Such things do happen unfortunately. Bad manners are not acceptable imo. But at least you did not get vomitted on…happened to me some weeks ago, if only i could remember the server the guys came from… >.<

Hahaha, no one’s the same as they were in October. I only mentioned a match so out of date as to be meaningless well, for tryin find some humour/irony sake.

What gives us the most trouble is the Power of One guild, I’d say (well, in the borderland, I have no idea what goes on in EB). We don’t have any WvW guilds that big and when we’ve had to deal with big guild groups like that in the past, even among lower tier servers, we haven’t had much luck with it. We just kinda avoid fightin in the open field then, hahaha. Ever since Monday there’s been a lot of pressure on our borderland when I’m on in the Canada-time evenings, enough that Monday we had to just abandon Cragtop in Yak’s Bend borderland, which made me very sad but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! We haven’t been outmanned though at those times by any one server but like Monday night was a 20+ Kaineng force siege Hills while 40+ Yak’s siege Bay.

Gate of Madness

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

sephiroth.4217

Can’t speak for Kain (or most of GoM to be honest), but we’ve been stuck fighting servers that can’t compete with us (mostly due to numbers, i like to think that we have some good tactics too, but so does everyone on every server) for a long time now. Due to that, i think we’ve had a large influx of players who see wvw as a quick and easy way to level up their lowbies because of all the karma trains we ran to relieve the boredom of 3 weeks of FC. Hopefully these people will catch the wvw bug and jump on their 80s now that they realise uplevels don’t work against higher ranked opponents. Either that or they’ll leave. And we’ll be sad.

I think most of em left, can’t tell with this new content out but at times we have 5 people most in EB and have to deal with 40 kain. Superior arrow carts have been a lot of fun this week.

….. And Elementalist.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Muni’s .gif overstatement aside

Come back to me when you play EB every night and can sometimes be outmanned even in NA primetime.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Come back to me when you play EB every night and can sometimes be outmanned even in NA primetime.

You’re still not a stormtrooper! And why would you want to be? =(

Gate of Madness

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Clone trooper…god, Styx…ugh.

and no i cant…so i became a chair.

kittens, who takes 10 seconds to dps down a chair and table..geez, if youre going to play Fotm classes atleast make sure to get the spec down right, grumble grumble.

Attachments:

(edited by Sororita.3465)

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Lightsbane.9012

you’re right. i am.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Lightsbane.9012

that’s every day in GOMBL>_> the only thing that ever really does it for us there is superior tactics.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

that’s every day in GOMBL>_> the only thing that ever really does it for us there is superior tactics.

i know…. even i had to leave EB a few times and retake stuff….with like only 5 other people!

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

sephiroth.4217

Sorry to the DOAC guild I think it is that is all bunkers, I know I run from you guys a lot but I got more important things to do on my bunker guard instead of fighting you bunkers, we can’t damage each other so it’s a little pointless.

….. And Elementalist.

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

To those saying that GoM is crying outnumbered because were bad….been outmanned for about 2 hours now. ( and yes i see the time differences, smart alecs)

Attachments:

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

So Kaineng, you take our whole Borderlands and you let YB take all of your EB side… if that’s not smart playing for PPT, then I have no clue what is… Seems like you have just as much to lose as we do in this

Attachments:

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Kaineng’s military strategy thus far:

Attachments:

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Sororita.3465

Kaineng’s military strategy thus far:

Attachments:

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

Whoever that Bronze invader warrior from GoM was by south camp KBL, nice fight, but it got boring after a minute or two when we couldn’t put a dent on each other. I decided to stop and bow (while you were persistently attacking me) because i realized that this would be a very long and boring fight. Other than that, much respect to you Mr. Bronze invader warrior sir.

Thank you,
a lowly Kaineng ranger.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkothe.1253

Darkothe.1253

Given that GoM has been flying the “Outmanned Buff” for a good chunk of time during this bout, the fact that neither Yaks nor Kain has been able to steamroll us (as some in the upper tiers were expecting) is certainly something to celebrate.

I’m really proud of how we have been handling ourselves this week. The fact that we haven’t become a greasy smear in the wake of the Yaks and Kain zerg balls…and the point spread isn’t really that outrageous…should give everyone watching this match from outside something to consider. We may face opponents who can field larger armies…we shall simply meet them with tactics, guile, tenacity and lots and lots of .gifs. All hail Commander Honeybuns!

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

All hail Commander Honeybuns!

All praise him!

And ladies… it’s THORSDAY! I better see all the FUN commanders in EB today! We have Commander Rituals to attend! I’ll be watching you….

Attachments:

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

Given that GoM has been flying the “Outmanned Buff” for a good chunk of time during this bout, the fact that neither Yaks nor Kain has been able to steamroll us (as some in the upper tiers were expecting) is certainly something to celebrate.

I’m really proud of how we have been handling ourselves this week. The fact that we haven’t become a greasy smear in the wake of the Yaks and Kain zerg balls…and the point spread isn’t really that outrageous…should give everyone watching this match from outside something to consider. We may face opponents who can field larger armies…we shall simply meet them with tactics, guile, tenacity and lots and lots of .gifs. All hail Commander Honeybuns!

You forget that with this comes a higher rank for your server and an increased chance to face some elephant that will roll over you, unless Yaks and Kain that are both servers on the decline.

And speaking of Zergballs, during the times when i am on i see Zergs from Kain and GoM, outmanned buff on us and like 5 people around, like right now.

Yes, you held yourself well, so celebrate a bit, but be careful what you wish for in the future.

[Yak’s Bend]

8/2 GoM/Kain/Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkothe.1253

Darkothe.1253

You forget that with this comes a higher rank for your server and an increased chance to face some elephant that will roll over you, unless Yaks and Kain that are both servers on the decline.

And speaking of Zergballs, during the times when i am on i see Zergs from Kain and GoM, outmanned buff on us and like 5 people around, like right now.

Yes, you held yourself well, so celebrate a bit, but be careful what you wish for in the future.

You must not be familiar with our server’s history. We went through months of being beaten down the ladder, mass exodus of guilds, scandals involving actual and fictional accounts of hacking, being spawn camped, heavily outmanned and hitting the bottom of the ladder. So, we’ve earned our scars for sure. I don’t want to imply that I’m lessening the placement and scores of Yaks or Kain either. Just really proud of GoM’s performance this week.

And as for the future – we’re not wishing for anything in particular…just good, honest fights. That’s it. This week has been great fun! Challenging, exciting and certainly something all three servers can be proud of…both on the fields as well as the decorum displayed here in the forums.