9/20: Blackgate/Jade Quarry/Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

And for someone who points out about others speaking sense, you seem to lack it. How does, stacking one tier equate to more Pvdoor? Won’t there be too many people to defend? Sure, there is pvdoor to some extent, but it is far less than in any other tier because of the round the clock coverage of tier 1.

Leagues being introduced = less frequency of one T1 server meeting another T1 server = more PvDoor.. = more fun as intended by the WvW dev team?

Ah yes, I wasn’t thinking about leagues at the time of writing that post.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

People move to T1 because they want to be with good teams so they can have a competitive fight against other good teams. That way, anyone can log on anytime 24/7 and expect good fights. This is what makes T1 so exciting at the moment and this is the main reason why people are stacking T1.

If Anet really wants to balance WvW, they should consider that and craft their next major change accordingly.

Now they are with good teams so they can have an exhilarating fight against other doors.

I don’t think “whose fault it is” is that important at this point, it doesn’t really change anything. Leagues are going to happen, so why not think according to that rather than lament why things aren’t going in some other hypothetical direction? Things do suck now, but it’s not like the players have no way to make it suck less.

Why are you the only person who seems to speak some sense, i thought i was one of the rare species who actually knew what leagues meant.
What’s even more baffling is as soon as leagues were announced people transferred to the top 3 Servers, it’s like THey want to fight doors.

wow i just realized MERC actually did transfer to JQ. Tbh i didn’t think they were going to do it.

Rooster, why don’t you mind your own business for once? Are you still bitter about MERC moving off SoS? It’s been months now, you gotta let go.

And for someone who points out about others speaking sense, you seem to lack it. How does, stacking one tier equate to more Pvdoor? Won’t there be too many people to defend? Sure, there is pvdoor to some extent, but it is far less than in any other tier because of the round the clock coverage of tier 1.

;_;

Because there won’t be a tier 1 anymore.

You have 3 servers with round the clock coverage, who will NOT fight with each other the majority of the time because there are NINE other servers in the league.

To put it in a way for the people who can no longer think outside of “tiers”:

- Gold league will become the new tier 1. This new “tier 1” has twelve servers in it.
- Stacking to the current top 3 servers, JQ/BG/SoR, is basically the equivalent of stacking to the top 1 server when tiers had 3 servers in them and matches were decided by rating. Think super-JQ after the end of free transfers, or HoD prime when the game started, and then multiply that by like 5 times because said super-server isn’t even going to face its closest servers most of the time.

Not gonna bother explaining this anymore, this has to be so obvious if you even think about it.

(edited by ykyk.2740)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Leagues being introduced = less frequency of one T1 server meeting another T1 server = more PvDoor.. = more fun as intended by the WvW dev team?

WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK I MADE THE POST THEN? DO YOU NOT READ?

Btw Tarkus and Ralikh know i’m not bitter about MERC leaving at all.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bammit.4796

Bammit.4796

hi, BG, JQ, TC and friends. just dropping by, dropping a friendly note. : ))

/wave to crazy SOR peoples ><

I miss funny drunken singing attack videos to lighten the mood of the forums ><

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK I MADE THE POST THEN? DO YOU NOT READ?

Btw Tarkus and Ralikh know i’m not bitter about MERC leaving at all.

If you are not bitter, what are you? Why is MERC the subject of so many of your posts? Why don’t you just mind your own business?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

Who or what is MERC?

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

A minor PVE guild~ (:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiijj.3594

Kiijj.3594

hi, BG, JQ, TC and friends. just dropping by, dropping a friendly note. : ))

/wave to crazy SOR peoples ><

I miss funny drunken singing attack videos to lighten the mood of the forums ><

:>

Nirmu 80 Guardian [GC]
Nirmuu 80 Warrior [GC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: iNtotheblue.8624

iNtotheblue.8624

MERC proves once again they are the king of the bandwagon,
LOL looks like jq could pay and tc couldn’t.

Intotheblue | Tiny Guardsman | Tiny Exorcist
Commander of [OCX] Sanctum of Rall
http://oceanix.com.au/forum.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Well they do call themselves mercenaries after all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

SEA is going to be a very boring timezone with ATM and MERC on the same server lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

Well they do call themselves mercenaries after all.

This is unfair to those ex-MERC who still remain on BG. Perhaps you should fix the above to just certain group of people.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

This is unfair to those ex-MERC who still remain on BG. Perhaps you should fix the above to just certain group of people.

Hey I’m not judging them. There’s nothing wrong with being a mercenary imo.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Uric.3280

Uric.3280

Oh no, good luck JQ. MERC’s toxicity is hard to avoid within a community.

Gonna suck having to move maps to wipe MERC and ATM separately now though, but we’ll take it.

Good luck with recruiting back what you lose to this bandwagon, and I hope to get plenty more loot from you as always.

Sarhill – Warrior | Sarhil – Thief | Sarduck – Necromancer
Oceanix Commander ~ Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

woot~ merc is going to JQ?

LOL Merc is the Nightwatch of BG ! They swore an oath to guard the wall and protect us from the white walkers . We wouldn’t trade them for all the other servers guilds in thier time zone. Plus their commanders scare us

mance rayder and the wildlings now :P

Don’t let the books fool you kids, Mance and the Wildlings win in the end =)

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: xSwissroll.9820

xSwissroll.9820

wow awesome JQ ! U have WvW .. and now MERC … oh gosh

Swisspancake ~ Elementalist
[ZzZz]ZombieCoast
Toastie~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

So its official now or is it just mere rumor?

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Barbarous.8347

Barbarous.8347

I don’t understand why so many people are going to JQ. Why stack one server in tier 1? Im just going to assume that many of you WvW players are like me and want some good competition between all the servers in your tier. JQ absorbs another guild from a T1 server, damages BG and competition in t1 takes another hit. Makes for a depressing WvW experience. Stay loyal to your servers, if you are in a T1 server then stick with it! You are T1 for a reason, no need to move elsewhere!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tortitudo Probo.2598

Tortitudo Probo.2598

“We’re just recruiting to stay competitive!” Gud one! Going back to how it was in January it would seem…

[HB]

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

I think most people at heart just want to win. In my time with MMOs I’ve seen a lot of people talk big about honor and loyalty and then take the path of least resistance when the chips were down. Also money talks in even in a video game. Stacking all the talent on one server makes sense now that they’re introducing match-win rewards into WvW with the leagues. They’ve also said that they’re going to be adding new WvW achievement lines with the onset of the leagues so being on the strong side in your timezone will make it a lot easier to get those done. Personally I’m strongly considering a transfer to JQ I just can’t decide if I care enough about WvW to spend money on gems.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

SEA is going to be a very boring timezone with ATM and MERC on the same server lol

Pretty much this. Hopefully you guys don’t get too bored.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Goodluck MERC, i hope you find what your looking for in JQ.

thank you for all the work and help you put in BG, from WVW, PVE to PVF.

see you on the battlefield.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ayarei.6912

Ayarei.6912

gotta say goodluck to all MERC who xfer off. and thanks you for all you ve done for us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

This is it. Had enough with PvD for 3 months straight on CD, went to TC to have some fight on SEA time, only to see WM transfer away from KN, and now everyone is stacking up on the same server. Sucks to be SEA players on TC(or any t2 SEA players) when league start, we’ll either fight doors or just severely outnumbered by 3 stacked servers. There won’t be any good “WvW fights” anymore, maybe if we fight FA/DB again, but then that will only happen one time until the end of the league. Personally, I hate how people stacked up on those 3 server but I can’t really blame them for doing so. It seems like getting the “PvE achievement” in WvW is rewarding for them when the real PvE achievement give way better reward than WvW. Meh, who am I to complain, you guys bought the game so you can play as you wish.

(edited by Buzzcrave.6197)

in Match-ups

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Aurust.8961:

RIP BG 2013

BG has been “falling apart” since their first stint in tier 1, yet they are still here. Keep making the claim so that one day when it finally does happen you can clap your hands together like a giddy school girl because you “called it”.

Next can you tell me what lotto numbers I should pick?

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

(edited by GekoHayate.2451)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

on a scale of 1-10
how mad are you

ign: Stealthzor

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kuruk.8472

Kuruk.8472

This is it. Had enough with PvD for 3 months straight on CD, went to TC to have some fight on SEA time, only to see WM transfer away from KN, and now everyone is stacking up on the same server. Sucks to be SEA players on TC(or any t2 SEA players) when league start, we’ll either fight doors or just severely outnumbered by 3 stacked servers. There won’t be any good “WvW fights” anymore, maybe if we fight FA/DB again, but then that will only happen one time until the end of the league. Personally, I hate how people stacked up on those 3 server but I can’t really blame them for doing so. It seems like getting the “PvE achievement” in WvW is rewarding for them when the real PvE achievement give way better reward than WvW. Meh, who am I to complain, you guys bought the game so you can play as you wish.

I think the main reason guilds transfered to t1 at least before leagues were announced and after the match up changes was mainly just so they would be guaranteed a good fight majority of the time. As it stands, in the last three months most people either get steamrolled or steamroll everyone else. I can see the allure of wanting to go to a server where things are a lot more stable. But of course things won’t stay that way for long, unfortunately for the duration of season 1 everyone will have blowout matches. :/

in Match-ups

Posted by: mako.2431

mako.2431

I don’t understand why so many people are going to JQ. Why stack one server in tier 1? Im just going to assume that many of you WvW players are like me and want some good competition between all the servers in your tier. JQ absorbs another guild from a T1 server, damages BG and competition in t1 takes another hit. Makes for a depressing WvW experience. Stay loyal to your servers, if you are in a T1 server then stick with it! You are T1 for a reason, no need to move elsewhere!

This is why this game will always have mediocre “rvr” and will never achieve the level of satisfaction Daoc did. Back in the day if a guild wanted to do this they had to actually reroll to the other side and start from scratch, now all you have to do is pull out a credit card. Realm pride was one of the biggest reasons the “rvr” in Daoc was so good. Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea that if you get stuck on a dead server with crap wvw you can transfer, but it can hurt things to.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Psykoyul.9147

Psykoyul.9147

The only problem with leagues is the 12 servers per league thing. With 4 leagues of 6 everything would be fine. Let’s hope that for once Anet will be reactive. Oh and nice fights over the 3 BL yesterday during EU, hope BG wasn’t emotionnally attached to its 1700/1700 garri

GM of Soul Reapers [SR] JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Synyster.5894

Synyster.5894

Pretty Ironic How just yesterday Sea/Time Merc Commander’s were complaining about JQ Zerg Blob

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

JQ now has TWO Ocx guilds. TKG with a 60ish sized roster, and MERC with a 100ish size roster.

TWO OCX GUILDS.

Be afraid Gw2, JQ HAS TWO OCX GUILDS, GAME OVER MAN, GAAAAAAME OVER! =) (Also we have two EU guilds…one medium size (GD very nice lads) and one small one Noah.)

Let us all take deep breaths and calm down. BG and SoR still outnumber JQ during Ocx and EU and NA. You’ll have three time zones that you can try to map blob us and maybe win a fight still.

Oh and thanks for all the fun fights today from [SG]!

TARNISHED COAST?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? I have heard you have alot of CHEEEEEEEEEESE hidden in your borderland? IS THIS TRUE?!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

I think the main reason guilds transfered to t1 at least before leagues were announced and after the match up changes was mainly just so they would be guaranteed a good fight majority of the time. As it stands, in the last three months most people either get steamrolled or steamroll everyone else. I can see the allure of wanting to go to a server where things are a lot more stable. But of course things won’t stay that way for long, unfortunately for the duration of season 1 everyone will have blowout matches. :/

This is wrong. It’s stupid to stack up on those servers when league come. How many time do you think you’ll get JQ/BG/SOR match up when league start? Only one kittening time. So to all those people that stack up to t1 servers just so they “won’t get steamrolled or steamroll everyone else” anymore is just a kittening dumb kittens.

Have fun getting one week of the match up you want while the remainder months are just blown up matches. Geniuses.

(edited by Buzzcrave.6197)

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

TC has had massive blow out matches when not playing BG/JQ/SOR, almost every week for 3 months now? Or longer?

BG/JQ/SOR also need time to roleplay, maybe craft, level an alt etc. Please relax.

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

Are the rumors of a massive cache of cheese hidden in TC Garrison true or false?

Thx.

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

probably the same reason why no guilds in JQ will invite him.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Munky.7159

Munky.7159

TARNISHED COAST?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? I have heard you have alot of CHEEEEEEEEEESE hidden in your borderland? IS THIS TRUE?!

Are the rumors of a massive cache of cheese hidden in TC Garrison true or false?

Thx.

Oh dear, you can hear the pitter-patter of their tiny Asuran legs running in unison. They’re coming. The day is upon us. The RATS are here.

~Mave Knightmare
Strike Force [SF]
Jade Quarry

(edited by Munky.7159)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Gonna suck having to move maps to wipe MERC and ATM separately now though, but we’ll take it.

If your in the guild I think you are in, moving maps is not new to you all given you swap maps religiously after getting wiped a few times, but hey, yeah, please look for ‘us’ cause the mutual wiping brings loads of loot…..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

You mad bro? Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield. Keep it classy, kkthx. /salute.

in Match-ups

Posted by: tasha.4176

tasha.4176

I’m wondering why this JQ player likes to get into Mendons in ways the devs might not have envisioned?

This screen shot sure did capture my good side. And you guys weren’t smart enough to realize i was in there before you busted in? It’s called stealth.
PS. Mance fails :c

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Yes…..Yes…..let the anger flow!

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

Pretty Ironic How just yesterday Sea/Time Merc Commander’s were complaining about JQ Zerg Blob

I know right? XD zombie blob? and today it was like, really? REALLY? I guess the old saying comes again, if you can’t beat the zombie, you become one of them XD

in Match-ups

tasha.4176

I’m wondering why this JQ player likes to get into Mendons in ways the devs might not have envisioned?

This screen shot sure did capture my good side. And you guys weren’t smart enough to realize i was in there before you busted in? It’s called stealth.

So you’re MyGWAccount.7325 and tasha.4176?

Bahahaha!! You’re quite obtuse, it’s almost adorable.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blade.3456

Blade.3456

Nice work tonight in Oceanic EBG
#believegate mixed guild ‘pug’ fighting!

Vortex Blade – WvW Commander
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
[FirstLight] – BLACK DESERT ONLINE – EDAN http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in Match-ups

tasha.4176

You’re so tricky…

You’re a pudding head…

in Match-ups

tasha.4176

You’re so tricky…

You’re a pudding head…

Sorry, I don’t erp

I think you made it quite obvious you do.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

10 JQ’s omega RIP XD

in Match-ups

Posted by: package.5147

package.5147

Good luck with recruiting back what you lose to this bandwagon, and I hope to get plenty more loot from you as always.

Funny you should talk about toxicity in a community when you are bringing it to these forums and BG LA chat.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Worth pointing out that quite a number of Merc did NOT agree to move to JQ and stayed on BG.

Safe to say all of them who stayed are also very well respected within the BG community. G’luck to those that left but fair play and much respect to those that didn’t take the big gold payments to leave…

in Match-ups

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

you so funzies, ima accept your invitation to become pen pals.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

GL to these going to JQ you ll need it XD
BG will remain strong no doubt.