Desolation / Vizunah Square / Seafarer's Rest

in Match-ups

Posted by: LJMaster.6214

LJMaster.6214

Sooooo who’s going to win? I’ve had on vizunah all week. I haven’t been focusing either while commanding (even though a certain someone kept pestering me to do so).

Not sure who I prefer actually, don’t really want either of you too win haha

I’m not going to be pathetic though, I’m just going to keep capping the same stuff as always tonight and tomorrow, may the best side win.

Unfortunately it has resulted in us being trampled at night and in the morning, but it’s to be expected, we essentially have nothing to play for (for me we still do and should try and get as many points as possible).

But congratulations to SFR for coming either 1st or 2nd, you’ve done incredibly well to copy and actually do a more professional job than vizunah in the morning, they’ve resorted to picking up more points at night due to their usual morning ritual not being successful. Seriously, it is really impressive the numbers you can muster in the morning, we need to keep attracting more people to play wvw from within the desolation community, if only lions arch was one of the borderlands, we’d have it fully capped all week!

But it’s been a fun week, I don’t think SFR would have got as close to vizunah had it not been Desolation in the match up also, we do regularly score points of 200k plus against them and are always reducing the points gap between us and them, week by week. But even so, great credit SFR for doing a thoroughly professional job and maniging to attract more players and organisation throughout the 22 off peak hours of the day.

Leader of Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Former Leader of Vendetta [VnT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I want to say well done to all those still fighting and trying but sadly our numbers dropped that we couldn’t put up much of a challenge this week overall with our lack of numbers one reason or another.

Hopefully it’s been a wake up call for everyone we’ve still alot to improve as a server not just with coverage which takes dedication or even having one big zerg IMO you can achieve stuff with some good tactical nous and the pugs have still got to be educated accordingly, maybe gain some pride fighting for Deso along the way.

We had some awesome fights on SFR BL during the evening thanks to ECL, Riot and the Viz Blob even! SFR’s coordination and organization has been impressive this week as it’s been mentioned but of course as usual Viz can come up with so many people during off peak when it’s needed, you guys really have a great motivator behind the scenes.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

Gogogo Vizunah you can do it!

Do what?

Win the matchup ofcourse.

Its actually quite amusing but it just proves what everyone knows… you are not very skilled individually.

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/soloarena

Gz for the rank.
But every Server has good players, like kodash they got Buka.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Match-ups

Posted by: NYRKKIPAULA.8051

NYRKKIPAULA.8051

Here is a serious question to deso and viz players… when you are fighting a single player either 1v1 or even 3 of you vs me… why do you run away half way through the battle then come back with a small zerg?

Its actually quite amusing but it just proves what everyone knows… you are not very skilled individually.

Haven’t seen much individual skill from your side either, usually 1v2 or more.

in Match-ups

Posted by: romainette.2369

romainette.2369

GG all for this nice match-up ! it seems we woke up and we may win, however it was very hard, you guys are doing very well, tks all sfr and deso ! and tks all vizu for this commitment !
necrotic kisses from vizunah

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rajnesh.4526

Rajnesh.4526

Thx for the fights on Desolation Borderland.

Thanks to:
[War] for giving us 2-3 very strong and nice fights.
[MOS] for hunting us .
[LEAD] for porting away 3 TIMES when we want to fight you in equal numbers.
[GOD] for the same **** as every evening.

The KoA-Guild.

Rajnesh | Critical Wave [WaVe] | Seafarer’s Rest
www.twitch.tv/rajneshtamil

in Match-ups

Posted by: VLNt.9862

VLNt.9862

Long live the SFR spirit !!!. I’m proud of the ppl who fill our server atm. They successfully won the race of killing the 5 champs cycle in cursed shore 1000 times! In this time all the human stuff was forgotten. No eating, no drinking no f ing, no p ing. Admirable, such a dedication! So be understandable when u receive no answer to a call for a push in the last 100 m of the marathon with Vizunah. I mean what is more challenging for u SFR player, the “Vizunah Square [FR] Veteran” or the “Champion Risen Baron”?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rajnesh.4526

Rajnesh.4526

Long live the SFR spirit !!!. I’m proud of the ppl who fill our server atm. They successfully won the race of killing the 5 champs cycle in cursed shore 1000 times! In this time all the human stuff was forgotten. No eating, no drinking no f ing, no p ing. Admirable, such a dedication! So be understandable when u receive no answer to a call for a push in the last 100 m of the marathon with Vizunah. I mean what is more challenging for u SFR player, the “Vizunah Square [FR] Veteran” or the “Champion Risen Baron”?

Well, actualy,…the “Champion Risen Baron”!

Rajnesh | Critical Wave [WaVe] | Seafarer’s Rest
www.twitch.tv/rajneshtamil

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fern.7642

Fern.7642

Thx Unit for the nice fights tonight.

You, too, were well done, yesterday evening was saturated at the battle field.

Desolation
[Unit] Eleonora Dunkan
www.UnitTeam.ru

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ilirya Shan.5489

Ilirya Shan.5489

Nice try the alliance SFR+ Deso can’t even beat us, beacause we are Viz, because we won’t give up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Nice try the alliance SFR+ Deso can’t even beat us, beacause we are Viz, because we won’t give up.

And I was wondering what was missing from this thread …

Thanks !

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: PsyllO.3728

PsyllO.3728

Not sure if you forgot it already but Deso doesn’t team up we just attack what is red and look afterwards what server it was when all is dead nice try there tough.
And thanks SFR and VIZ for remembering why we where glad we don’t have to fight you weekly anymore goodluck all

Psyllo |guardian|
[Coin] Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tshik.7204

Tshik.7204

you hit the door for 8000 using ram
you hit champion keep lord for 1200 using stuff
you gain 300xp
you receive 1 loot bag
seafarer’s rest hits you for 1200 using stuff
you run out using the chicken stuff
you are out of combat
you ported away to another castle
you win
good job

the log fight of vizunah random people

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Looks like SFR is going to loose the finish just another time, you should train your endurance more

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faunus.3647

Faunus.3647

Thanks for wake the sleeping vizunah haters of sfr.

We love you too.
Lumberjack Entertainment.

Commander Vizunah Square
Eternalïa [OVER]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kingface.9781

Kingface.9781

Nice try to make VS feel like kitten one more time but you failed heavily.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Viziblob night capping winning the match up for them- SFR have gone from a 8k lead to 10K+ deficit overnight.

Viz seem to think that SFR play for the win- the guilds don’t. They organise GvG, try and capture your garrison, but the one thing they don’t do is play the points game or think strategically about camps, dollies, etc. Consequently when the guild raids finish you have piles of supply, upgraded camps and can retake the map easily as all the pugs have gone and there is no one left to defend or take anything.

SFR lose as we as a server don’t care enough about the points game, so even at prime time we have no one for the pugs to follow in the borderlands (this is the ‘no tag’ policy by the main guilds who don’t want to be polluted by ‘pugs’), so people just tend to either drift around, or try and get into EB, or go back to pve- which means there are no queues on most borderlands at prime time (which suits the guild raids).

We don’t seem to have any ganking thiefs who can go and kill dolyaks to disrupt supply lines, nor people who want to form a 5 man camp capping team (as we all know Viz generally leave 1-3 people guarding a camp +bally or ac, etc).

As for Deso being on our side, the number of times I have seen Deso come piling in to a two way fight attacking SFR..lost count this week.

GoD need to change their name to ‘Guardians press 1’. It’s actually quite funny watching them, it’s like watching a bunch of robots ‘press 1, charge in, turn, press 1, charge, remember ele macro for boons and necro marks on recharge+wells’. Maybe one day they will GvG or just face off against a similar size guild team, until then they won’t get any respect . Was fun fighting you the other day on my necro, every time you turned there was less and less of you until eventually the remaining 4 ran away-and that was you trying to join a 2 way fight by charging in to our pugs from behind..

Respect to RAID for some good tactics on EB last night. Shows SFR’s complete lack of scouts as you were able to take gates down to 50% on watergate before anyone bothered to look!

Maybe one week when we face Viz we might play the points game and see how many we can beat you by- we’ll just have to not sleep to counter the late night/morning 70+ pvd experts.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bleed.7052

Bleed.7052

I am really sorry for all those coky viz player’s saying you can’t beat us, congrats to both SFR and deso, desolation was great those last nights, and SFR just showed why they are #2, i really thought SFR would win this matchup, and that could still happen, congrats to you guys, you have really high WvW committement and implication and your guild’s coverage is pretty scary(We need some more guilds on viz it seems ), well, at last, congratulation to vizunah, i have been scared by how we caught up, 3 days ago i wouldnt have imagined that we could catch up to SFR. Anyway, i just wanted to point out that,at last, this game is not about daycapping or nightcapping, that’s not how you make points, you really only can win when you have high committement, when you get your players implicated, when the server’s players are involved on WvW, and that is why i congratulate vizunah players, they really knew when to come by, and they believed in a comeback, I really hope we win this matchup, means a lot to me.
Greetings SFR and Desolation, that was pretty close and you guys are great.
Best wishes

IGN: Bleed Hex
Vizunah.

in Match-ups

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

This is the power of offtime capping. Would be interesting to see SFR, VS and BB matchup when BB is at full force again. Would there be any offtime left for vizunah to take advantage of? Anyhow nice job VS community for you effort gathering all those players! Good job SFR making it this close! It seems that unfortunately your community wasn’t ready to do a push like vizunah did when we all knew all week it was coming sooner or later. GJ Deso we did nice!

I will not miss this blobby matchup Hope to not see you soon!

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

in Match-ups

Posted by: DarkieDuck.9521

DarkieDuck.9521

Close matchup yet again.
I see that holiday really did Viz some good.

Thanks all who actually game out of there towers to fight

Zekow[NiD] – lvl 80 Elementalist
Solo guard of the watergate
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

Funny to see ER posting here kitten even tho they lose everytime against sfr :P
gj viz your night force was superior for the last couple days it cost alot for us. sadly we cannot have that many players on during the night :/

in Match-ups

Posted by: billielninho.7618

billielninho.7618

Congratz SFR u are the best EU server nowaday.
WvW is broken and Vz wins… one day Anet gonna make wvw a real competitive game and the golden era to goods servers just begin… if any good guild lefts here ofc

[RNV] Elementalist – Baruch Bay

in Match-ups

romainette.2369

actually, your right, on prime we had troubles at the beginning of the match-up, everybody was doing the queen event. but we play to win the match-up, and even if we did suffer on prime, we woke up at mid week.
our goal was to hold on prime, and dedicated team will do the job during the night.
as yesterday, i led on eb from 9 pm to 10.45 pm and it was really hard, but we did not lose towers, and , as you mentioned, we took orgath because no scout there, and we did it very very quickly.
it is hard to say which one is the best server, we lack tons of players, but will see in September !
as i said, it was a pleasure to fight you guys !

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

Respect to RAID for some good tactics on EB last night.

We thank you for the kind words. In fact we are (almost) complete EB beginners and we didn’t have numbers to fight on this map, so we tried to be a pain the good old fashioned way

The French Flair [FF]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Blame the living story event the amount of gold you can farm from that event is crazy there is no incentive whilst this is on for our PVX reinforcements to WvW, everytime i log into Divinity Reach and that Queen’s Pavilion instance im straight into overflow.

Seriously this is the equivalent of Anet screwing up again like it did with SFR but with the opposite result in actually losing most of our players to PVE. Stronger WvW focused Servers may very well keep themselves together and fit it into off peak times but us deso are suckers for the lure of gold, id kill Queen Jenna myself if only to put an end to this event lol

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

gg deso
gg easy VS

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

So let’s get this straight, Vizunah basically go afk for half the matchup, appear for the second half of the week and then wipe the floor with us?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stuwy.9352

Stuwy.9352

So let’s get this straight, Vizunah basically go afk for half the matchup, appear for the second half of the week and then wipe the floor with us?

Basically, yes!
But with great efforts from Vizunah’s part.

We start major attacks (and to wake up) only on Thuesday’s night.

We profit from the 15th of August day off also in France.
We got unlucky with the server reset and destroyed 20 Omega Golems. (on Thuesday)

And some ppl of my guild fight several times all night long + morning (and more) to maintain our forteress. I remember some epic fights on the lord with some Omega (in defense).

So GG for SFR to make this Matchup so uncertain.

And Go Vizunah !!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Thanks to the uplevelled 20 afk’rs in EB right now making it a queue for EB but can only get 30 or less following com against 60+ viz…anything goes as long as long as they don’t have any interest in wvw or dealing with the various wvw abusers.

The botting guardian near our spawn giving free kills to viz for the last two hours is particularly amusing.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

It’s not simple like this, colesy. Let be honest: SFR has made a brilliant and powerful comeback. Okay, we had a lot of people in this **** pve event and not a lot of troops in WvW in the beginning, but you played very well the points (do not deny it !) and you did a lot of good moves.

Vizunah waked up in the middle of week, and the main reason is YOU ! yes, you SFR. You are one of the most dangerous (and sometimes in the past clearly the most) server for us, and the tension between VS/SFR is a fuel. I told vizunians on map yesterday that you are our Nemesis. But a nemesis is good: it keep alive the competition (ok i will forget that you call us vag*na square, frogs, cowards and other sweet names on TS, i learned it this week, grrr) and i’m sure you gave Vizunah true moments of PvP pleasure.

If one day, some of your players start taunt/lame us less, you will be one of the smarter server to fight. Because yeah, you are strong.

ps: i’m for nothing in this win, no CTA, no images, diplomacy, speech. Except hitting with my sword, i have been totally useless. Congrats to you, my old Vizu

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xentinel.5184

Xentinel.5184

Funny to see ER posting here kitten even tho they lose everytime against sfr :P
gj viz your night force was superior for the last couple days it cost alot for us. sadly we cannot have that many players on during the night :/

Everytime ? I guess not.
Learn to read http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/9/80
It was the first Match-Up vs the “new” SFR and SFR lost, after that SFR improved their morning force and won vs ER.
Oh btw, your SFR friends also posting crap posts in our Match-Ups, so yeah its allowed for us to do that too.

Elona Reach [DE]
Zeptil – Mavelion – Xentinel – Wyzriel – Thranax -Jarthas – Wretch

(edited by Xentinel.5184)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

Too bad comebacks are only possible when there is no opposition.

I truly, truly hate this game. Yet I still can’t give it up.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blacksmoke.5792

Blacksmoke.5792

Thank you SFR for this great match !! you are one of the best servers in this game, good luck for your next matchs.

Blâcksmoke lvl 80 Elementalist
Jornàda Del Muerto lvl 80 Thief
Vizunah Square server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

lol… that’s not proper 1v1… half the people who score highest there are the ones who avoid fights and cap in groups. A bit like deso really.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

For many months we haven’t seen this desolated Desolation. Every single time I have went to EB I have seen the outnumbered buff on us. Same for two out of three borderlands, almost 24h/7 outnumbered “buff”. Sadly this is a numbers game.

Visunah has very “entertaining” fighting strategy. Even when Desolation has a total of 3-4 players on entire EB map, their players like to stay near their own castle to take advantage of the siege, guild fortified stat boosts, and increased number of guards. Why not at least attack our towers or keeps? What can I say… words fail to describe this more.

/facepalm

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tshik.7204

Tshik.7204

and i’m sure you gave Vizunah true moments of PvP pleasure.

killing vizu blob when the commander run back, going out of combat and porting back is not fun… not fun at all
and fighting under the siege is not fun too

maybe next time you will fight outside …

in Match-ups

colesy.8490

It’s pretty funny seeing the vizu-complaining from SFR now considering (unless we stopped recently, I’m not sure) we were actually playing for points for quite a while now, but the moment we lose people just repeat the same “we play for fun” spiel.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Looks like SFR is going to loose the finish just another time, you should train your endurance more

Than god we aren’t national server and lose. That would be just sad.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

It’s pretty funny seeing the vizu-complaining from SFR now considering (unless we stopped recently, I’m not sure) we were actually playing for points for quite a while now, but the moment we lose people just repeat the same “we play for fun” spiel.

Actualy, according to our guilds ( CoN included ) we’re not playing for points

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

@Tshik: like we say in french, “a d’autres”. We had plenty of fight outside, we had a lot of fight outside, we have RUN guild focused on little group fights, RAID focused on outdoor, LNM with big armys outside etc. Change your disk, we are in 2013 !

@colesy: it’s true, some players are like this… human nature

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in Match-ups

colesy.8490

Actualy, according to our guilds ( CoN included ) we’re not playing for points

Wemil got bored of pushing?

in Match-ups

romainette.2369

For many months we haven’t seen this desolated Desolation. Every single time I have went to EB I have seen the outnumbered buff on us. Same for two out of three borderlands, almost 24h/7 outnumbered “buff”. Sadly this is a numbers game.

Visunah has very “entertaining” fighting strategy. Even when Desolation has a total of 3-4 players on entire EB map, their players like to stay near their own castle to take advantage of the siege, guild fortified stat boosts, and increased number of guards. Why not at least attack our towers or keeps? What can I say… words fail to describe this more.

/facepalm

yesterday evening the target was not deso, on eb i did not attack you once, except stonemist. you could have been 1 on the map, it would have been the same :-)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ridafyt Whitestrike.8397

Ridafyt Whitestrike.8397

Thanks vizu and deso for a tense and fun matchup. Never seen this much matchup thread entertainment this year Troma, nice to see you’re still alive. Very glad to have experience a number of viz guilds (Run, LEAD, VM, LNM) actually stepping into the GvG and roaming scene, I really hope you keep doing this as you will experience it being a great pleasure and boost to your skill.

The point tally (which I am not really bothered by) will be close till the last minute!

I wish you all a nice new week from [CoN]

-Ridafyt

Raidleader CoN
(Server admin SFR till 15-10-13, currently on Augury)
Bombing zergs since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stuwy.9352

Stuwy.9352

and i’m sure you gave Vizunah true moments of PvP pleasure.

killing vizu blob when the commander run back, going out of combat and porting back is not fun… not fun at all
and fighting under the siege is not fun too

maybe next time you will fight outside …

Trust me Vizunah prefer to fight outside in fields

Ofc when you attack in mass, we are obliged to defend our positions with all what we got (sieges,…).

The PU Vizu Blob is always roaming attacking when he can.

And a commander considering losing his battle should always retreat.
Losing a battle diminushes the PU moral of our troop.

Ofc he ports back. We dont give our bag for nothing.

Edit: Or maybe the commander got the information that a fort was attacked.
Even maybe on another map

He had to pull back
So you have no idea why he teleports back
But I am pretty sure he had a good reason

(edited by Stuwy.9352)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

As promised! The crazy Desolation Thursday Karaoke Night hosted by [DVG] uploaded on YouTube. Wondered why Desolation Players we’re jumping all over the place last night, SFR and Viz? Found out why!

Team Aggression [TA]

in Match-ups

romainette.2369

As promised! The crazy Desolation Thursday Karaoke Night hosted by [DVG] uploaded on YouTube. Wondered why Desolation Players we’re jumping all over the place last night, SFR and Viz? Found out why!

looooool !!!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Haha, awesome!

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It’s obvious SFR stopped playing for points like earlier in the week but when your up against that many Viz at night after their ‘call to arms’ again I’m sure the effort and sacrifice it takes to try make an effort to keep up with them takes its toll on people.

It’s just that Deso has had it easy the past few weeks but this week has been rougher than usual, as we’ve said this week like the day after reset we’ve often been outnumbered most of the day apart from prime.
Crown Pavilion had alot of people last night compared to in wvw that I ended leading the zerg there to glory haha.
I just hope whatever the matchup people will be back in numbers to fight again.

I also had some good fights roaming last night against some [VSS] and ran across some Viz not afraid to pvp, I’ve also been ran over by a blob that ran across the map to kill me but Vizunah isn’t that any different to what we’re used to or even as bad anymore.
They’re the same as usual in terms of coverage and bringing out people when they need it, that takes dedication even though it means playing when people sleep that’s how the wvw points game is and with RNG matchups it’ll happen often.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

lol… that’s not proper 1v1… half the people who score highest there are the ones who avoid fights and cap in groups. A bit like deso really.

That’s because there is more to this game then 1V1. For starters the game isn’t balanced around 1v1. Secondly in WvW people are most likely in zerg gear hence being at a major disadvantage vs people in roam gear.

Oh well, if you think that killing a person in an unbalanced matchup is testament for individual skill then you truly are delusional.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

other servers have crown pavillion too probably every server had less non guild population because of it.