ET/AR/SF 7/19

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

Hey VS, hope you enjoyed the fights with us tonight as much as we did. Highlights for me were the 10 BS v 15 VS wipe at the AR windmill, and the 10 minute fight at Redvale camp where 6 of us went against 15-20 or so of you guys. Glad to have you guys here

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

This was really fun. For once AR did pretty good. It is weird that we took this castle with no resistance then suddenly a huge zerg pops up to take it back

Maybe they wanted you to flip it so they could zerg WXP. Sounds like something people that play on EB would do.

Don’t think so. It was T3 when we took it and turned it into paper. I think we just caught them by surprise and by the time they responded we had already capped it. I don’t think they expected that from AR.

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

The amount of fail at Wildcreek was funny again last night. Deja kittening vu.

I think you guys must have used 2k supply building various bits of fail siege. Catapults in open field, catapults end of tunnel near Wildcreek, arrow carts in open field, trebs in Rogues Quarry. I was hoping for more invulerable wall trebs from SM side! It would have been nice to have more than 2 of the 12 people standing on the walls of Wildcreek doing absolutely nothing move their kitten and backdoor those catas with me. We seem to be great with our countersiege but we can’t adapt very well to other tactics when countersiege doesn’t work.

The 15 omega golem train was a bit much. But I guess it takes all thought and planning out of the game which is seemingly necessary to achieve SF success from I have seen. No thought, no strategy, no tactics, no chance of failure, just walk around mindless #1 mashing.

-brotha

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

I don’t think SF HAS ENOUGH DAGGER/PISTOL INFINITE STEALTH THIEF GROUPS

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

HatSimulator.9362

Held off with 5 people against arrow carts… and cannons, to be zerged by 9 of you. then teabagged and stood on afterwords.

Oh i killed this ranger 3 times before Sf zerged me. you people are pathetic. I have no sympathy for this kitten anymore

you treb our walls down at durios and have over 15 people zerg it 3 times and lose. you then trebbed for 10 minutes after that and never came back. You have 4 trebs facing AR all the time, use them. Seige up and zerg every tower please, before we attempt to have fun

I’ll never understand the absolute lack of sportsmanship conduct.

ET though, i love you guys.

Attachments:

Gates of Madness [DUI]
I only play WvW

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Geoski.1407

Geoski.1407

Hello everyone from SF and AR!
Fightnight is tonight and I’m looking forward to seeing the action that is to take place!

Also, basic[BS] are looking for any GvG’s for tonight.
Feel free to PM me Geoski.1407.

We are up for anything from 1v1 all the way up to 10v10.

I know there are still a lot of guilds out there that we haven’t had the privilege of fighting, So I hope to see a lot of you guys there tonight!

On a side note Which map is fight night taking place on?

Lil Homie, Asura Guardian
Check [Mate] | Darkhaven
“When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself”

(edited by Geoski.1407)

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thor Muthels.4326

Thor Muthels.4326

I’m not sure we can field any more of them. I’ll put the word out on the server though! Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Thor Muthels
Legion of the Rogue Dragon [LORD]
Sorrow’s Furnace

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Hello everyone from SF and AR!
Fightnight is tonight and I’m looking forward to seeing the action that is to take place!

Also, basic[BS] are looking for any GvG’s for tonight.
Feel free to PM me Geoski.1407.

We are up for anything from 1v1 all the way up to 10v10.

I know there are still a lot of guilds out there that we haven’t had the privilege of fighting, So I hope to see a lot of you guys there tonight!

On a side note Which map is fight night taking place on?

I originally said SF BL, but we could move it to ET BL. As long as I don’t have to run all the way down

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

HatSimulator.9362

I’m not sure we can field any more of them. I’ll put the word out on the server though! Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I dont know what this means, do you run who plays WvW?

Gates of Madness [DUI]
I only play WvW

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyphel.3659

Cyphel.3659

AR, what did you do to our bay

We took it back and there was exploding rocks and sparklie swirls all over the gate – screenshot from the BF’s comp :

lmao!

Attachments:

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

This was really fun. For once AR did pretty good. It is weird that we took this castle with no resistance then suddenly a huge zerg pops up to take it back

Maybe they wanted you to flip it so they could zerg WXP. Sounds like something people that play on EB would do.

Don’t think so. It was T3 when we took it and turned it into paper. I think we just caught them by surprise and by the time they responded we had already capped it. I don’t think they expected that from AR.

I am wondering, when you guys took SM, what siege did you use to get through the outer gates? Got any screenshots of that?

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Thorson.9218

I am wondering, when you guys took SM, what siege did you use to get through the outer gates? Got any screenshots of that?

Golems. Lots of ‘em (ok, 9 of them, but for us, that’s a LOT).

Sorry, no screenies, but based on my experience so far this match, you all know what golems look like.

(edited by Thorson.9218)

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

SF BL FIGHT NIGHT…BRING ALL 8!

Mag Server Leader

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Sorry, no screenies, but based on my experience so far this match, you all know what golems look like.

Wow, ya, 9 golems will power through some reinforced gates fairly quickly. LOL, yes, I do know. Just trying to figure out why nobody responded from SF to SM being attacked. At least, did not respond until it was too late. Good work on taking it so fast, did you have fun with the golems after that or just WP them back to spawn for something else? When I have a golem of my own I like to take it to the top of SM and jump off, just for the giggles.

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

Camping our spawn in EB…keep it classy, SF. Don’t know why I expected any better of you than HoD.

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atistheso.4657

Atistheso.4657

Here is a beautiful example of sf stupidity : their whole zerg camping our wp for no reason…
They were not trying to prevent us from reinforcing a tower since we had already lost everything in this map.
They didn’t capped all the map so they could still attack the blue part.
But no, they would just stay here with their zerg and build balistas in front of our wp.
I wonder what kind of commander does that -_-

Attachments:

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Thorson.9218

Wow, ya, 9 golems will power through some reinforced gates fairly quickly. LOL, yes, I do know. Just trying to figure out why nobody responded from SF to SM being attacked. At least, did not respond until it was too late. Good work on taking it so fast, did you have fun with the golems after that or just WP them back to spawn for something else? When I have a golem of my own I like to take it to the top of SM and jump off, just for the giggles.

Some went to their proper place (WP), others got used for other missions. Sadly all went poof when the patch was released.

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Thorson.9218

Here is a beautiful example of sf stupidity : their whole zerg camping our wp for no reason…
They were not trying to prevent us from reinforcing a tower since we had already lost everything in this map.
But no, they would just stay here with their zerg and build balistas in front of our wp.

This has been going on the entire match. Obviously SF likes doing that. There is no reason for it given that the outcome of the match is already decided, outside of PPT. Given that SF is DESPERATELY trying to maximize PPT, they are doing everything they can to accomplish that, including spawn camping us. We’ll just tuck that away for our return up the rankings……

Keep in mind there are 3 ways out of the spawn area, so just use one of the others. They don’t have the personnel to camp all 3, because as we’ve seen, with near-even numbers, we can prevail.

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

It’s as much kittenry as it is stupidity. They do it because they know they can bully us with pure numbers…and they’re kittens.

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Insane Pancakez.9182

Insane Pancakez.9182

kitten IoM! Nice fight at bay haha. I think we could’ve won if we had more than 10 VS members at that fight. Still was fun though. Tried my hardest to do what I could with my lack of guildies xD

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

This has been going on the entire match. Obviously SF likes doing that. There is no reason for it given that the outcome of the match is already decided, outside of PPT. Given that SF is DESPERATELY trying to maximize PPT, they are doing everything they can to accomplish that, including spawn camping us. We’ll just tuck that away for our return up the rankings……

Keep in mind there are 3 ways out of the spawn area, so just use one of the others. They don’t have the personnel to camp all 3, because as we’ve seen, with near-even numbers, we can prevail.

I’ve seen some ppl Camp all 3 points from spawn before i’m sure it time they will do it too. anyways ty for the kills i got for my daily SF i had a good Laugh at the ppl who die at the gate too are spawn. and don’t let the greed get too you or it will get boring with wvwvw like i did when we had all the Map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

As we near the end of this weeks matchup, I want to take the time and say thanks for the fun and I’m sure there will be more fun to be had in future matchups.

PS. ET, I’m sure we will be seeing you again this next matchup

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

…PS. ET, I’m sure we will be seeing you again this next matchup

i hope so. it would be quite interesting without SF breathing down both our necks, no?

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Antara.3189

…PS. ET, I’m sure we will be seeing you again this next matchup

i hope so. it would be quite interesting without SF breathing down both our necks, no?

Definitely! If there were matchups between two words instead of three, we would have a very competitive matchup.

But there’s always the third world who bullies of both down in the dirt

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

Here’s to hoping that the gods of numbers prime pit AR vs ET vs FC later on tonight! cheers!

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Antara.3189

Here’s to hoping that the gods of numbers prime pit AR vs ET vs FC later on tonight! cheers!

I think it would be a rather fun matchup myself.

+1 to the number gods

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Hmmy time to initiate spawn camp 4.0….you guys cry too kitteng much.

I hate being spawn camped, and after 2 minutes of doing it people I am bored….

But coming on here crying about it only gets you more of it…

Mag Server Leader

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

SF = Sad Faces as I collect their bags on my underleveled necro. My leveling will slow down if we have to square off against a server populated with less easy mode bags. Need moar bags! bags bags bags bags bags!

-Your One Angry Motha from your favorite guild Rally Bait [RALY]

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Sure, and that might help get you guys back up to around rank 18 again until you hit higher population servers that can match your numbers and SF plummets back down to the bottom tier where they can win on numbers alone again.

It took over an hour last night for an SF zerg of 30-40 to take a tower from what looked like a maximum of maybe 8-10 of us after SF took the mostly undefended and unsieged keep from us after most of our forces left to defend our borderlands. How many bags of loot did you guys get for that investment in time and how much siege did you burn to take it in two tries?

Yes SF has some skillful players who are good, but that’s not the cornerstone of your victory this matchup or what people are complaining about. They seem to stay away from the zerg.

Why? Because that’s how bullies roll? How about developing some skills that can carry SF above rank 18 against servers with comparable WvW participation?

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I looked at the math snowreap calculated and AR/ET/FC seems to be the most likely matchup for you guys. Crossing my fingers for you guys! I can see it the epic 12 v 8 v 15 fight.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Antara.3189

LOL tough guy

But this made no sense,

“I hate being spawn camped, but after two minutes of doing it people I am bored. "

So the first part, you hate being spawn camped or you hate spawn camping other worlds?

Second part, after two minutes of camping worlds you are bored, or two minutes of being camped?

Regardless, if you spawn camp because of people wining on the forums; shows your poor sportsmanship as a commander and player. People wine regardless so why does it matter? If you are that kitten you don’t need to spawn camp but rather own every piece on every map.

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Antara.3189

I looked at the math snowreap calculated and AR/ET/FC seems to be the most likely matchup for you guys. Crossing my fingers for you guys! I can see it the epic 12 v 8 v 15 fight.

Awesome! thanks for the heads up, really looking forward to tonight’s matchup

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

LOL, if we were to believe all these “thanks for all the bags” and “it took SF 30-40 ppl zerg an hour to take this against only 10 of us” we wouldn’t have the points we have, no matter the numbers. Remember, every server has their good and bad players, their classy and not-so-classy players. I just don’t go crying on the boards when this crap happens to me. So pull up your underoos and act like you have been there before.

And again, how many are spawn camping? Not the whole server, a small portion at the most, so go ahead and stay as classy as those you accuse of having no class.

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

The mighty 8 will surely come out victorious. Unfortunately I’m gonna miss reset since I work tonight, but I’ll be on after 11 to mop up any late night roamers.

We have the small matchup we wanted, everyone should make an effort to not run with more than 10. 5 or less would be ideal but I understand not everyone likes to play like me =P

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

LOL tough guy

But this made no sense,

“I hate being spawn camped, but after two minutes of doing it people I am bored. "

So the first part, you hate being spawn camped or you hate spawn camping other worlds?

Second part, after two minutes of camping worlds you are bored, or two minutes of being camped?

Regardless, if you spawn camp because of people wining on the forums; shows your poor sportsmanship as a commander and player. People wine regardless so why does it matter? If you are that kitten you don’t need to spawn camp but rather own every piece on every map.

I don’t like being camped (who does), I find it boring to do (but sometimes strategic; keeps close to spawn and all), )but you make it fun because we can all come here and see those beautiful E-Tears afterwards.

Hoping for the AR/FC/ET match, should be best for you 3 servers. (heres to hoping)

Also stop talking of sportsmanship on a game, we kill each other…I ain’t trying to be your kitteng friend lol…

This game needs more competitiveness and less Mickey Mouse.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Berk.8561

LOL, if we were to believe all these “thanks for all the bags” and “it took SF 30-40 ppl zerg an hour to take this against only 10 of us” we wouldn’t have the points we have, no matter the numbers.

Have you actually watched how this matchup has progressed over time? When ET has people on, we generally hold most of our borderlands and our corner of the Eternal Battlegrounds. We’ve even led in points held from time to time. The same has been true of AR, which has even taken SM from SF.

But when our population is sparse overnight, during the day, and during the period between 4pm and 6pm US Eastern time (when either ET collectively goes to dinner or SF has a population surge—I’d really like to know what happens there) SF sends the zerg around to PvDoor and dominate in points. Since SF follows a fairly predictable attack pattern when there is little resistance (generally camp, tower, other camp, other tower, remaining towers, keep — if that pattern is broken, it’s usually because something was harder than PvDoor and the SF zerg moved on to the next target), it’s pretty easy to see what’s going on via the Millenium Old School WvW tracking map.

I’ve also seen us actively turn away plenty of SF zergs trying to take our towers and keeps when we actually have more than 2-3 defenders, even with the Outnumbered buff on, and we did it once last night, too. It took a second assault on Jerrifer’s with no supplies left to take it.

And again, how many are spawn camping? Not the whole server, a small portion at the most, so go ahead and stay as classy as those you accuse of having no class.

It takes more than 5-10 people to effectively spawn camp. It takes a zerg. How many? At least 20. Probably more like 30-40 in that particular case.

(edited by Berk.8561)

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Screenshots of the spawn camping since you want to quote numbers. And like I said, still not even close to being all of our server yet you still want to call the entire server out for it.

Then again, is this not combat? Or are we playing patty cake? Why should we take an advantage away from ourselves? Now, I do not spawn camp, but really, there are 3 exits, so stop crying and start playing.

Do you actually think we sit around waiting for people from other servers to log off or something and only then do we take things? LOL, same thing happens to us when NA nighttime and work hours come around. How do you think SM even got taken from us? Because the majority of our population was asleep/at work. Do you hear us crying that it was not fair, the other team had more numbers than us?

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

I’LL PLAY PATTYCAKE WITH YOU !

Mag Server Leader

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Thorson.9218

Then you need to play a different game. Any game that turns all four-letter words into “kitten” on their forum isn’t likely to appeal to the blood-thirsty types.

Thanks for the good times this week. In a previous post someone said they wanted “Friday” out of this match. Wish granted.

Best of luck and here’s hoping everyone gets the roll they want.

(edited by Thorson.9218)

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Antara.3189

LOL tough guy

But this made no sense,

I don’t like being camped (who does), I find it boring to do (but sometimes strategic; keeps close to spawn and all), )but you make it fun because we can all come here and see those beautiful E-Tears afterwards.

Hoping for the AR/FC/ET match, should be best for you 3 servers. (heres to hoping)

Also stop talking of sportsmanship on a game, we kill each other…I ain’t trying to be your kitteng friend lol…

lol dude, this is a thread for three servers fighting each other, where all three servers discuss the matchup, sure, spit some trash talk, boast, etc. but sportsmanship and respect should also go hand in hand with that, If your that much of a hard a** than don’t even bother with forums, because it’s under your macho pay grade. Get competitive and stop playing mickey mouse on here

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Berk.8561

That it is just a game is why people expect sportsmanship and, frankly, finding enjoyment in the anguish of others when they’ve done you no real wrong doesn’t reflect we’ll on a person’s basic humanity and empathy. Why is it fun watching someone else suffer and not have fun? Indifference or disagreement I can understand, but enjoyment?

But even if you really do get a kick out of it, from a purely practical standpoint, it makes for a worse game for SF. If you make the game not fun for the other players, they stop playing. At some point, with ET, AR, and FC, all that is going to leave you with us PvDoor. I find it hard to believe that if you really want a PvDoor experience with no real resistance that you’d be playing WvW since the PvE parts of the game offer a far more diverse, challenging, and profitable alternative if slaying NPCs all day floats your boat.

And discouraging people from playing against you from weaker servers you are put up against so even fewer play and you get more PvDoor helps toward that end how, exactly? And, yes, when I see people talking about not having fun, giving up for the night or week, or switching servers in map chat on ET in situations like that, that’s exactly what it’s doing. People play for their own fun, not your fun. Align the two and you’ll get a better experience, since WvW requires a certain level of participation to be any deferent than PvE with towers and keeps

So, was this display of empathy, humanity, and sportsmanship really that painful?

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

I’LL PLAY PATTYCAKE WITH YOU !

Come on Sav, you know Monday nights are pattycake nights.

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Ok, this is actually a game within a game. And it is player versus player combat. You really expect sportsmanship? This isn’t soccer or football, with rules.

Sorry, all I hear is “Whah, they wont let me win! Whaaah, it’s not FAIR!!”

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

lol dude, this is a thread for three servers fighting each other, where all three servers discuss the matchup, sure, spit some trash talk, boast, etc. but sportsmanship and respect should also go hand in hand with that, If your that much of a hard a** than don’t even bother with forums, because it’s under your macho pay grade. Get competitive and stop playing mickey mouse on here

I only respond without respect when the other person is showing no respect themselves. If you look at it honestly, calling out our entire server for the actions of a few is disrespectful. Telling us we only win because of numbers and that if the fights were even we would lose because we have no skill, is disrespectful. Sure, we do not win all the time, I readily admit that. But if you want to be treated with respect, you treat others with respect. If you go look, and I can only speak for me, I NEVER talk crap unless the other person shows they do not deserve my respect.

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

That it is just a game is why people expect sportsmanship and, frankly, finding enjoyment in the anguish of others when they’ve done you no real wrong doesn’t reflect we’ll on a person’s basic humanity and empathy. Why is it fun watching someone else suffer and not have fun? Indifference or disagreement I can understand, but enjoyment?

But even if you really do get a kick out of it, from a purely practical standpoint, it makes for a worse game for SF. If you make the game not fun for the other players, they stop playing. At some point, with ET, AR, and FC, all that is going to leave you with us PvDoor. I find it hard to believe that if you really want a PvDoor experience with no real resistance that you’d be playing WvW since the PvE parts of the game offer a far more diverse, challenging, and profitable alternative if slaying NPCs all day floats your boat.

And discouraging people from playing against you from weaker servers you are put up against so even fewer play and you get more PvDoor helps toward that end how, exactly? And, yes, when I see people talking about not having fun, giving up for the night or week, or switching servers in map chat on ET in situations like that, that’s exactly what it’s doing. People play for their own fun, not your fun. Align the two and you’ll get a better experience, since WvW requires a certain level of participation to be any deferent than PvE with towers and keeps

So, was this display of empathy, humanity, and sportsmanship really that painful?

LOL tough guy

But this made no sense,

People like you two are the reason why every kid gets a “participation trophy”….

Respect is earned, sportsmanship is for sports or something that would at the very least qualify as such. Maybe you should go play My Little Pony’s Pink Palace of Periwinkles if you want everyone to be nice and butthug each other….That does not mean be a kitten to be a kitten, but also does not mean cry for the sake of crying, then tryng to apply real life morals to a game.

Forums? We griping about random text on a wall from random people?! That gets your goat? Good luck in life kid….

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Berk.8561

Then again, is this not combat?

No. It’s a game that people play for enjoyment. If you want combat, then join the army. Even then, you’ll find limits to what’s acceptable.

Now, I do not spawn camp, but really, there are 3 exits, so stop crying and start playing.

A fair point but it breaks down when there is no commander on the map and some of those being slaughtered are newbies whose first and possibly only experience with WvW is that it’s awful and impossible. Learning can require being given the opportunity to learn.

Do you actually think we sit around waiting for people from other servers to log off or something and only then do we take things?

Well, given that I often watch how the match progresses during the day, it often looks that way. Monochromatic maps, beyond a server’s home BL, simply don’t happen when the opposition has a serious number of defenders. In the case of last night, the SF sweep of our corner of the Eternal Battleground only happened after our commanders left to defend our home BL and the Outmanned buff popped up. When we have decent participation, we tend to hold out corner and home map, even when the zerg swings by.

To be fair, SF can and does take defended sites, too, and you have some good small roaming groups, but that’s not what is letting you paint the entire Eternal Battlegrounds red and spawn camp ET and AR.

Do you hear us crying that it was not fair, the other team had more numbers than us?

Has SF been spawn camped by either ET or AR during those times?

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Berk.8561

People like you two are the reason why every kid gets a “participation trophy”….

Sorry, but no. Excluded middle fallacy. I’m not asking for a trophy or for you to let us win. I’m actually fine being the underdog at the bottom of the rankings fighting 8 against 30-40 and have no interest in leaving ET.

Respect is earned, sportsmanship is for sports or something that would at the very least qualify as such.

This is a game where players control their virtual Barbie dolls with a keyboard and mouse. What do you think it is?

Maybe you should go play My Little Pony’s Pink Palace of Periwinkles if you want everyone to be nice and butthug each other….

Yeah, I do that with my daughters, too (well, maybe not the “butthugging” depending on what you mean by that), and I’m not seeing the huge difference between the two that you do. Look around, dude. Many GW2 players spend more time fussing over wardrobe for their virtual Barbie dolls than my daughters do over their real Barbie dolls.

That does not mean be a kitten to be a kitten, but also does not mean cry for the sake of crying, then tryng to apply real life morals to a game.

People are not crying for the sake of crying nor are the applying real life morals to the game. If you want to play a Charr war criminal in the game who slays every bunny he sees, knock yourself out. But once you say that you enjoy the real life suffering of other players, then you’ve wandered out of the game and into the real world of real human beings.

Forums? We griping about random text on a wall from random people?! That gets your goat? Good luck in life kid….

If its just random meaningless text, then why are you spending time on it?

(edited by Berk.8561)

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Respect is earned, sportsmanship is for sports or something that would at the very least qualify as such. Maybe you should go play My Little Pony’s Pink Palace of Periwinkles if you want everyone to be nice and butthug each other….That does not mean be a kitten to be a kitten, but also does not mean cry for the sake of crying, then tryng to apply real life morals to a game.

lol Savannah you always manage to get me a laugh or two xD

Now cmon people we’re only a few hours away from ending this matchup, let’s enjoy the rest of it. But seriously in regards to the last posts I don’t believe that there is “sportsmanship” in an online video game, or do you expect me to go running past a huge enemy zerg and get greeted with /bows and /claps??

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

… I can see it the epic 12 v 8 v 15 fight.

lol yeah. but which is who? XD

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

ET/AR/SF 7/19

in Match-ups

Berk.8561

But seriously in regards to the last posts I don’t believe that there is “sportsmanship” in an online video game, or do you expect me to go running past a huge enemy zerg and get greeted with /bows and /claps??

Again, excluded middle. I’m not asking for a hug. I’m expecting the basic humanity of recognizing the person on the other side is another human being and am truly confused about why someone would specifically enjoy the grief of others.

There are people here who seem bothered that their entire server is being maligned for the actions of a few. Should I take that concern seriously and adjust my replies in the future to take that concern into account, ignore it, or dial it up to 11 and be more unfair just to annoy people and cause bad feelings?