HoD/FC/GoM : 11/22/2013 : Bronze Week 6

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

So heres the TL;DR version of this thread:

FC: Bla Bla Bla we are talking kitten attacking GOM and hiding from HoD

HoD: We have 4X your numbers, at least GOM but you keep bringing us a fight so we will keep zerging your BL because at least theres a tiny nugget of something almost resembling a challenge in it. /Lolicon /Video of us Zerging

GOM: /Eyeroll. /Troll also /Eyeroll.

I can shorten that up even more:

FC: Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HoD: Keep it up

GoM: Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

Here let me shorten that one up for you:

HOD>>>>Bandwagoners>>>>Silver
Bandwagoners<<<<<Hod>>>>>Whaaaaa

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Easterbunny.6170

(Sorry, Already starting a massive US Thanksgiving dinner so all I can do for the next few days is talk kitten like I was actually effecting the outcome, which either way I would not be doing :p)

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

Interesting, but what does it mean?!

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

The self proclaimed hero have to bring 4 of his little friend down to get me. If the mr.hero is so great he should had told his lackeys to back off instead of going with the flow.

Let me recollect some here. The first time I met you in that SE camp you already had the camp cleared and you were waiting for the cap. In fact I barely made it into the circle. Now at that point I was alone, all by myself, yet you decided to run for the hills when your health dropped below 50%. Now the strange thing is that you decided to run out of the range of the camp circle which allowed me to rez the Super and the Quartermaster and send me a party invite versus fighting for that camp. You expected me to hand it over to you on a silver platter.

Now I cannot help it if you decided to keep running and you ran straight into more HoD. What would you expect in the HoD BL? Perhaps rather then begging me to let you have the camp flip you should have recalled to your own BL and cleared your camps? You see, I did not call in the other HoD, he responded to a threat that turned out to be just a mosquito.

Oh by the way, I said he above as there were not four others. When you ran out of the gate in abject fear you ran into a minion master.

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

Interesting, but what does it mean?!

My thoughts exactly….

http://media3.giphy.com/media/umwRSMxcXW31m/giphy.gif

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

“Superior Rune of Resistance grants bonus toughness, a reduction in condition duration, and aegis upon using a signet.”

May have to start running a signet build on my thief.

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

lmao @ half of you for generalizing entire servers based on the words/actions of a few individuals.

Especially generalizing strategy and skill in lopsided matchups. It’s easy to keep morale up when you win for 2 months straight and you have a lot more strategic options when everything you own is fully upgraded and defended with superior numbers. Throw a ton of achievement-hunting rally-bait into the mix and it becomes even more worthless to speculate how things would be on even terms. The higher population server is going to have a lot more success recruiting and training new players. The losing servers don’t have the same luxury as PvE players generally hate losing or failing at objectives.

To blame HoD for the imbalance is stupid because it’s Anet’s design, but when a moron does blame HoD, to consider that a reflection of their entire server is equally idiotic.

If HoD goes to silver I hope they get transfers because as of right now they will get destroyed by every server besides NSP/IoJ. On the other hand I hope whichever server replaces HoD’s #1 bronze seed either lost or loses players because as of now NSP/IoJ will be equally as annoying to fight.

But again its kinda pointless to speculate because I think things are going to be shaken up quite a bit after season 1. A lot of T1/2 guilds considering transferring down. Let’s just hope they don’t transfer to top of league like a bunch of kittenes and instead transfer to the lower ranks to smooth out the competition.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

Qeue the death of GoM , i now realize that GoM suffers from PvE issues, I salute you brave warriors still fighting in GoM , I just took a look in your bl and in EB an dmy heart was broken :’/

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Qeue the death of GoM , i now realize that GoM suffers from PvE issues, I salute you brave warriors still fighting in GoM , I just took a look in your bl and in EB an dmy heart was broken :’/

We’re not dead. This is just who we are, hahaha. I give this match to Living Story.

reads patch notes Fractal progress account bound. gives evil eye to ArenaNet

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Seriously HoD, you tanked on purpose to stay in Bronze league. You had to know you would take some flack for it. Just take your dolyak finisher and move on.

I love it when people act like they would not have done the same thing in that situation.

Get snuffed out like a candle for 7 weeks, or be competitive? Choice is obvious

[way too much bold, stopped reading]

I don’t act like it, I lived it. When my server fell through the ranks to T8 and guild after guild chose to bail out, I had a choice as well. I could stay on GoM and “Get snuffed out like a candle” (for more than just 7 weeks) or I could transfer to greener pastures. I chose the harder path.

Also, your logic is flawed. A lot of servers did have the opportunity to tank for an easier match up. The servers on the top of Silver fought hard to get INTO Gold league. NSP was tanking at first, but then turned it around and pushed for Silver. So obviously, not everyone would choose to tank in your situation.

I could respect your decision to tank a whole lot more if it was followed up with humility.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

The amount of tears in this thread is absolutely drowning me.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrozenHydra.7608

FrozenHydra.7608

Seriously HoD, you tanked on purpose to stay in Bronze league. You had to know you would take some flack for it. Just take your dolyak finisher and move on.

I love it when people act like they would not have done the same thing in that situation.

I don’t act like it,

[too much words, stopped reading]

Cool story bro

HoD – RIP [VLK]
FrozenHydra – Elementalist
A Very Bad Idea – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: alenaoreo.5206

alenaoreo.5206

Attachments:

[oT] Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

I don’t act like it, I lived it. When my server fell through the ranks to T8 and guild after guild chose to bail out, I had a choice as well. I could stay on GoM and “Get snuffed out like a candle” (for more than just 7 weeks) or I could transfer to greener pastures. I chose the harder path.

Also, your logic is flawed. A lot of servers did have the opportunity to tank for an easier match up. The servers on the top of Silver fought hard to get INTO Gold league. NSP was tanking at first, but then turned it around and pushed for Silver. So obviously, not everyone would choose to tank in your situation.

I could respect your decision to tank a whole lot more if it was followed up with humility.

You seem like a pretty smart guy/girl. You think top of silver league/bottom gold is even remotely similar to that of top of bronze/bottom silver?

No. Apples and oranges.

Chose the harder path? You mean didn’t want to pay transfer costs. Idk if you know this honorable Mr.Rogers, but HoD went from T1 down to T8 in a matter of weeks and guess what? There are many original HoDians who also didn’t seek “greener pastures.”

You can argue all day long, you’re just angry at the way match-ups were designed and you’re taking it out on HoD. That’s fine. Take it to the people who actually have control to fix things, not a group of people who log into the same server domain every day.

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Last time it was Wednesday morning when Ferguson’s Crossing over took us. Both were patch weeks too.

Righteous is just easily stirred up. =)

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Last time it was Wednesday morning when Ferguson’s Crossing over took us. Both were patch weeks too.

?

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

styx.7294

?

Your “Oh snap!” in response to an event that is totally happenin like it totally happened last time =)

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

?

Your “Oh snap!” in response to an event that is totally happenin like it totally happened last time =)

I’m saying that its surprising to see GoM and FC so near each other in score. I wonder who will be able to keep their forces out of fractals in into keeps and towers. The "Oh snap was like…

http://media0.giphy.com/media/1UO7QMDBhWgdW/200.gif

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

styx.7294

?

I’m saying that its surprising to see GoM and FC so near each other in score. I wonder who will be able to keep their forces out of fractals in into keeps and towers. The "Oh snap was like…

Stop being surprised by things that are happening like they happened last time!

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

?

Stop being surprised by things that are happening like they happened last time!

There is plenty of time left for GoM or FC to beat the other…

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

The new arena in the jp is quite fun. People should come!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

?

FC’s pve population is already gone. I think that means we win. Second place FTW!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

?

FC’s pve population is already gone. I think that means we win. Second place FTW!

Dirty stream snipers!

in Match-ups

Easterbunny.6170

Apparently they will be fixing WvW by putting more and more random pve crap in the zones…

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

I’ve been here since the game came out…. o.o

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brick Tamland.6507

Brick Tamland.6507

Perplexity p/p thief with thieves guild just called d/d a cheesy build….

http://media3.giphy.com/media/12jJIiJL50k48/giphy.gif

Back Stabbed
Mushroom-Headed thief

(edited by Brick Tamland.6507)

in Match-ups

Posted by: doublebb.6574

doublebb.6574

That new Obsidian Sanctum arena is pretty darn cool. To the famale HoD [VLK] warrior I fought there who I believe is the infamous Bllades, cu-dos to you; it was a kitten good fight. Got really close at one point but when you made me blow my cooldowns and stunned me afterword, it was gg. Hopefully it stays troll-free (doubtful) and we can all have some epic fight clubs in there.

<3

| Kyroen~Sylv Thief | Resliana Oryk~Norn Warr |
| Im Dying Im Dying~Sylv Mesmer (in progress)| Oh Wait Im Fine Nvm~Norn Necro (in progress) |
Gate of Madness~Proud Officer of [ASH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

To the Asura GoM ranger [SC] you sponsored by Nike?

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Just got dunked on?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

Just got dunked on?

Nah, every time he got low he ran for the hills. Figured he was sponsored due the the apparent wear and tear from running, that kitten would be expensive.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

Thx for all the awesome fights at the new eb jp arena HoD and Ferg

-Chronic Fangs [DR] Thief

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

That new Obsidian Sanctum arena is pretty darn cool. To the famale HoD [VLK] warrior I fought there who I believe is the infamous Bllades, cu-dos to you; it was a kitten good fight. Got really close at one point but when you made me blow my cooldowns and stunned me afterword, it was gg. Hopefully it stays troll-free (doubtful) and we can all have some epic fight clubs in there.

<3

Hey great job out there, hope to see more of you guys in OS havin’ a good time.

in Match-ups

Brick Tamland.6507

Fight club daily

Attachments:

Back Stabbed
Mushroom-Headed thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

GoM – Death by Patch Day.

Though I will take it as a compliment that HoD prefers to fight us rather than FC since all they seem to do is run away and we stand and fight.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Brick Tamland.6507

kitten Deth i know that i beat all you guys in 1v1’s but that doesnt mean you gotta spike.

Back Stabbed
Mushroom-Headed thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hollywood.7450

Hollywood.7450

kitten Deth i know that i beat all you guys in 1v1’s but that doesnt mean you gotta spike.

Lost all respect for your guild.

[NS] NightshĂ®ft – Yelloww

in Match-ups

Posted by: ToaLux.6478

ToaLux.6478

So heres the TL;DR version of this thread:

FC: Bla Bla Bla we are talking kitten attacking GOM and hiding from HoD

HoD: We have 4X your numbers, at least GOM but you keep bringing us a fight so we will keep zerging your BL because at least theres a tiny nugget of something almost resembling a challenge in it. /Lolicon /Video of us Zerging

GOM: /Eyeroll. /Troll also /Eyeroll.

I can shorten that up even more:

FC: Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HoD: Keep it up

GoM: Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I believe this video adequately covers all the chest-thumping, exaggerations, whining, sprinkles of comradery, and everything else under the sun in this thread:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TXTocy9d7lA

Enjoy!

Fil(l)aen ~ Ranger/Mesmer ~ SAO ~ GoM
The Orange Asura with the Sun Kite

in Match-ups

Brick Tamland.6507

You should learn to take a joke better.

Back Stabbed
Mushroom-Headed thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odies.8017

Odies.8017

Don’t base a whole guild off two people that were dueling. They were joking with the fear and then Deth started spiking apparently. Let’s all grow up and stop QQ.

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

GoM and FC neck and neck in the race for second! I don’t know who I should cheer for more, both have shown great fighting spirit and skills on the battlefront. I think you both equally deserve that spot!

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zarathustra.5472

Zarathustra.5472

Henge of Denravian here. GoM took Stonemist from us last night, and the fighting was so intense to try and get it back! Once of our best commanders was leading us in the attempt, and we just weren’t able to take out the siege in the Lord’s room and wiped several times in a row. In the end we were only able to get it once a Ferguson’s Crossing group came in behind us and fought GoM on the other side. It certainly took me by surprise to have SM flipped and being unable to take it back without having FC trying to take it for themselves.

That battle was the most memorable and hard fought fight I’ve had this season. GoM is certainly a cut above some of the higher scoring servers this season in my mind.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

People lost respect for [Deth] when you kept dodging GvGs.

Verdánt

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

People lost respect for [Deth] when you kept dodging GvGs.

http://media.giphy.com/media/vQ9JbgIWATcTS/giphy.gif

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: gnotshr.9136

gnotshr.9136

<3<3 Finally a post about me. <3<3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Now FC, when you find yourself inside a closed gate, even if it is due to a game bug the honorable thing to do would be to leave the tower until the gate was down. Now this FC COMMANDER no less was busy trying to kill siege and defenders rather then leaving the tower. A pathetic show of sportsmanship.

Attachments:

Theftwind (HoD)

(edited by Theftwind.8976)

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

Hey HOD….you got the treb. You can stop spawn killing now. I mean we get you want to win. We really get it. Cant wait until this match ends. Being outnumbered sucks. Have fun in silver.

in Match-ups

Brick Tamland.6507

Hey HOD….you got the treb. You can stop spawn killing now. I mean we get you want to win. We really get it. Cant wait until this match ends. Being outnumbered sucks. Have fun in silver.

Thanks we really appreciate your parting words!

Back Stabbed
Mushroom-Headed thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

All I see when I see these posts…
“QQ My server can’t field better numbers QQ”

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle