HoD/FC/GoM : 11/22/2013 : Bronze Week 6

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

Ele Update:

Black water called me a cheese build.

~Winter.

Warrior Update:

Black water calls hammer warrior cheese and OP.

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

in Match-ups

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

FC is destined to win this race, the 4th is strong in them … eh? Penance for bad puns you say?

HOD since beta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bacardi Babe.4391

Bacardi Babe.4391

Henge of Denravian here. GoM took Stonemist from us last night, and the fighting was so intense to try and get it back! Once of our best commanders was leading us in the attempt, and we just weren’t able to take out the siege in the Lord’s room and wiped several times in a row. In the end we were only able to get it once a Ferguson’s Crossing group came in behind us and fought GoM on the other side. It certainly took me by surprise to have SM flipped and being unable to take it back without having FC trying to take it for themselves.

That battle was the most memorable and hard fought fight I’ve had this season. GoM is certainly a cut above some of the higher scoring servers this season in my mind.

Well if I dont have the numbers to take Stonemist, then I surely am not going allow GOM to keep it. So my goal was to make sure GOM lost it on our 2nd attempt and to take SM of course! No thanks required.

[PUGS] Commander/Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

Sorry, Already starting a massive US Thanksgiving dinner of carrots, 5 ways, and …

O_O

O_O

O_O

Be vewy vewy qwiet …

HOD since beta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Ele Update:

~Winter.

Warrior Update:

Cheese update:

Warriors: with weapons
Guardians: Got boon/homie specs
Ranger: Nike/condi
Thief: Daggers in any hand
Ele: all specs excluding staff
Necro: pushing any buttons
Mesmer: Mesmer
Engi: Anything that blast finishes

Perp runes, cherry on top.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Match-ups

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

Ele Update:

~Winter.

Warrior Update:

Idk who this blackwater is, but word of advice he had to be really bad to lose to a hammer warr, hammer warriors alone arent much of a pain, as a mesmer if you are not zerging, atleast 1 or 2 stun breakers are a must and a cond clear. If that mesmer was QQ about a hammer warr he is just a pug chasing the FOTM builds, blackwater also refers to a specific set of traits, gear, runes and weapon sets, not all mesmers are blackwater just because they run condi, the traits for mesmer like 10 30 30, 20 20 30, 0 20 30 20 0, 0 20 20 30 , 10 30 0 0 30 , 20 30 0 0 20 , and I could go on, but the traits are a framework, they synergize, then the gear, the runes and the weapons are what makes the build, every mesmer who runs 20 20 30 isn’t a blackwater, for example I dont use perplex, i use traveler in all my builds, I use rabid and zerk with a bid of dire, i dont use staff, and I am more of a phant cond crit build with torment stacking.

Ending note should have put that mesmer out of its misery, Hammer warrs are good in group fights, alone he shouldn’t have had a problem. Cudos to you for smacking that noob, I hate Fotm chasers.

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

Narsil.6579

Ele Update:

~Winter.

Warrior Update:

Cheese update:

Warriors: with weapons
Guardians: Got boon/homie specs
Ranger: Nike/condi
Thief: Daggers in any hand
Ele: all specs excluding staff
Necro: pushing any buttons
Mesmer: Mesmer
Engi: Anything that blast finishes

Perp runes, cherry on top.

you have a point lol, now adays anything is a cheese spec, take my advise, take the top “cheese” builds, figure out how they work, make a build that counters all or most of them, and run that build, make sure to have a constant source of swiftness or mobility, condi clear (vital), stun breaks (vital), and a source of damage mitagtion (aegis, boon strip, regen, protection), make sure to have semi high damage in burst or DoT or a hybrid (what good is it to tank everything and outlive everyone but do no damage and constantly run away, kinda boring, rather kill faster and die faster), and know when to pull out, test various scenarios and etc, if you learn how to deal with the toughest builds you are set. Also dont roam solo lol!

P.S. It irritates me when people QQ about being condi bombed or wiped to CC, specially the ones who wont invest in theorycrafting for a build that can save them, and they refuse to run a condi clear or stun break because it hurts their build, or hey “I can do 24k damage in one burst” but die in 4 secs to everything".

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

(edited by Narsil.6579)

in Match-ups

JahRo.6432

Ele Update:

~Winter.

Warrior Update:

Idk who this blackwater is, but word of advice he had to be really bad to lose to a hammer warr, hammer warriors alone arent much of a pain, as a mesmer if you are not zerging, atleast 1 or 2 stun breakers are a must and a cond clear. If that mesmer was QQ about a hammer warr he is just a pug chasing the FOTM builds, blackwater also refers to a specific set of traits, gear, runes and weapon sets, not all mesmers are blackwater just because they run condi, the traits for mesmer like 10 30 30, 20 20 30, 0 20 30 20 0, 0 20 20 30 , 10 30 0 0 30 , 20 30 0 0 20 , and I could go on, but the traits are a framework, they synergize, then the gear, the runes and the weapons are what makes the build, every mesmer who runs 20 20 30 isn’t a blackwater, for example I dont use perplex, i use traveler in all my builds, I use rabid and zerk with a bid of dire, i dont use staff, and I am more of a phant cond crit build with torment stacking.

Ending note should have put that mesmer out of its misery, Hammer warrs are good in group fights, alone he shouldn’t have had a problem. Cudos to you for smacking that noob, I hate Fotm chasers.

Wasn’t me, it was Bllades. I sat back and ate popcorn (and used Save yourselves in the far distance to draw all condis to me as I lolrofled away, but don’t tell anyone). But either way, it’s a gimpy setup because the more cleave someone has access to, or cleavage (lul), the more odds are against them. On top of spamming the heck out of PU… if PU had a CD I think a lot of people would be more tolerant.

Shatter, even certain phantasm mesmers, are my favorite to fight. It really makes an intense duel. There’s a small window of breathing room for both sides, unlike BW where clones are constantly getting hit and dying, only hurting yourself even more. At the end of the day, shatter and even phantasm mesmers will have my respect. Blackwater ’s mama so fat, her booty cheeks clap harder than a zerker Mind Wrack

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma

(edited by JahRo.6432)

in Match-ups

Narsil.6579

Ele Update:

~Winter.

Warrior Update:

Wasn’t me, it was Bllades. I sat back and ate popcorn (and used Save yourselves in the far distance to draw all condis to me as I lolrofled away, but don’t tell anyone). But either way, it’s a gimpy setup because the more cleave someone has access to, or cleavage (lul), the more odds are against them. On top of spamming the heck out of PU… if PU had a CD I think a lot of people would be more tolerant

PU isnt as strong, it is really good, but tbh without it there isnt much mesmers can do atm for cond removal or stun breaking, its one of the safest ways to not be stunned down or just bursted by every other class, as for condi mesmer, the mechanism is simple, the condi mesmer relies on another class just AoE spamming and killing the clones, safest way to kill a condi mesmer, go for the mesmer itself, only kill the duelist phantasm and keep a constant source of cond removal, once that the mesmer wont do anything but spam stealth, reason my current condi build is weak to Winter’s , I dont run perplexity, the perplexity part is what makes blackwater a stupid build, because the constant confusion and stun from pistol stacks confusion on the target, it makes spamming a skill kill you faster, to be honest I have the option to run those runes, but PU is enough for me, the more I know I can fail in a fight and die easy the less I rely on being carried by something else, once the buffs come out and nerfs, ill drop PU for Chaotic Interruption, now that my friend will be way more fun. I can also go into detail the difference between a condi mesmer who runs 20 20 30 and 0 20 30 0 20, the first one hits less hard but has more survivability (added cond cleanse from torch) the latter hits like a truck (confusion hits harder from trait and can shatter more) but can be killed easier by another condi build since it only has 1 source of cond removal and it can only remove 3 condis every 36 secs if traited, so lol

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

Silas Drake.8946

Mesmer update:

Guardian complains about boons

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Match-ups

Narsil.6579

Mesmer update:

Tbh Shatter is the end game for mesmer, if you can 1vx with shatter cudos to you, also BI and CI are the greatest traits, been stacked for 25 might and protection, aegis etc, PU counters Shatter constant clone spam, pure phant counters PU since those phants can keep track of its target, and pure phant can be killed by shatter, oh the Holy trinity is here

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

Silas Drake.8946

Mesmer update:

Tbh Shatter is the end game for mesmer, if you can 1vx with shatter cudos to you, also BI and CI are the greatest traits, been stacked for 25 might and protection, aegis etc, PU counters Shatter constant clone spam, pure phant counters PU since those phants can keep track of its target, and pure phant can be killed by shatter, oh the Holy trinity is here

I honestly don’t read anything you post… so (I know I’m a jerk)

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Match-ups

Narsil.6579

Mesmer update:

I honestly don’t read anything you post… so (I know I’m a jerk)

you might not but atleat someone will be entertained!

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

JahRo.6432

Ele Update:

~Winter.

Warrior Update:

Wasn’t me, it was Bllades. I sat back and ate popcorn (and used Save yourselves in the far distance to draw all condis to me as I lolrofled away, but don’t tell anyone). But either way, it’s a gimpy setup because the more cleave someone has access to, or cleavage (lul), the more odds are against them. On top of spamming the heck out of PU… if PU had a CD I think a lot of people would be more tolerant

PU isnt as strong, it is really good, but tbh without it there isnt much mesmers can do atm for cond removal or stun breaking, its one of the safest ways to not be stunned down or just bursted by every other class, as for condi mesmer, the mechanism is simple, the condi mesmer relies on another class just AoE spamming and killing the clones, safest way to kill a condi mesmer, go for the mesmer itself, only kill the duelist phantasm and keep a constant source of cond removal, once that the mesmer wont do anything but spam stealth, reason my current condi build is weak to Winter’s , I dont run perplexity, the perplexity part is what makes blackwater a stupid build, because the constant confusion and stun from pistol stacks confusion on the target, it makes spamming a skill kill you faster, to be honest I have the option to run those runes, but PU is enough for me, the more I know I can fail in a fight and die easy the less I rely on being carried by something else, once the buffs come out and nerfs, ill drop PU for Chaotic Interruption, now that my friend will be way more fun. I can also go into detail the difference between a condi mesmer who runs 20 20 30 and 0 20 30 0 20, the first one hits less hard but has more survivability (added cond cleanse from torch) the latter hits like a truck (confusion hits harder from trait and can shatter more) but can be killed easier by another condi build since it only has 1 source of cond removal and it can only remove 3 condis every 36 secs if traited, so lol

I understand. It’s just extremely aggravating to see SO many condi mesmers, especially at fight club. It’s a shame, because there are some very talented ones, but they’ve been all generalized into the same category because of fotm bad players. A few months ago, I mained mesmer and people laughed at anyone running conditions. My biggest gripe is that 9/10 mesmers that I’ve dueled and seen around fight club are running the same exact thing, or some variation of. Bring something new! Try out some new weapon combos, or a few different traits or even tinkering with gear! Not..the same.. boring.. kitten.. everytime. If I see a mesmer running something besides scepter torch/ xx, I’ll be more than happy to fight. Lately I’ve felt like fight club is more of an “I beat you, so I’m better than you” kinda thing, rather than having fun and trying new stuff like it use to be

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma

(edited by JahRo.6432)

in Match-ups

Silas Drake.8946

If only people played it for fun like they use too. Experiment with others and learn. Builds are defined and used in order of “best of”. If you try something new or off beat you get dominated by what people call “cheese”(best of). Builds are not secret, they are not unique. If you play something “new” and you lose on it the “pro” players with “unique” builds will snuff you as a bad player. If you play a build that competes you are “cheese”. We need to lose the double standard and arrogance.

Really sucks for the original pioneers who worked hard polishing the “go to” builds everyone complains about.

I enjoy fighting any and all builds at anytime. I get aggravated with my own self for bad targeting or lack of rotation speed, but don’t care what the opposition plays anymore.

Less QQ more pew pew.

#Perplexity Sigils

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

(edited by Silas Drake.8946)

in Match-ups

Narsil.6579

@JahRo.6432

Roaming I understand, condi mesmer atm can sustain 1vx pretty well, but dueling if i face another cond mesmer, if he is running the usual builds posted on the forums or a video, they arent much of a threat, I know their combos, their ins and outs, the build I run is no just a variation but a new take on the concept "condi’, im squishy, I cant spam stealth , I strip boons and I can be killed fast if I make 1 mistake, but i compensate for almost insta killing my opponent if he is a spammer and has no cond removal, will i admit that maybe it isnt a build that is optimal for every istuation, yeah I admit it, but i get tired of same torch sceptre staff thing over and over, so if I do want to play condi, I spice it up, make it different and it keeps the fotm guessing why i won.

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

FIGHT CLUB ANNOUNCED EARLY DUE TO AMAZING COLOSSEUM
FIGHT ME BRA
OBSIDIAN SANCTUM

Attachments:

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

With a 20 point tick, i decided to take back some camps in our Bl, until i met a 20 man HoD zerg at Vale. Like a rabbit who comes across a pack of ravenous wolves, I swear I heard them yell out “Quick! Kill It!!!” As I looked behind me and saw their bright red eyes and foam coming out of their mouths…

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

With a 20 point tick, i decided to take back some camps in our Bl, until i met a 20 man HoD zerg at Vale. Like a rabbit who comes across a pack of ravenous wolves, I swear I heard them yell out “Quick! Kill It!!!” As I looked behind me and saw their bright red eyes and foam coming out of their mouths…

you gotta wonder how many of the kills hod gets comes from something like this..
probably 99%

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Crunk n monkey.3749

you gotta wonder how many of the kills hod gets comes from something like this..
probably 99%

I thought maybe their vision was based on movement. If I stood still, they wouldn’t see me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

probably 99%

I thought maybe their vision was based on movement. If I stood still, they wouldn’t see me.

http://media.giphy.com/media/BDMRY0MBjGIxi/giphy.gif

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I think this pretty typical with any server. You enter a borderland, grab a camp with the group you are in as a supply source and fill up supplies then move on the tower or keep. I have been in many camps myself on out own borderlands in HOD and have seen those same large groups march in from another server and yeah they all want the easy kill.

It hardly like that group taking towers or keeps is going to say “Hey only 2 of you should go flip that camp and get supplies, just in case some solo enemy is working on it”

Fortunately as a thief i can use stealth and get out of there. Unfortunately as a thief this leads to whining on the boards that Stealth OP and the thief should not just be able to run away when they can not win a fight.

What I find interesting is when defending a keep. I can often be the only one there manning an arrow cart and when the wall falls the Zerg runs right past me to get at the Lords tower. I do not even have to stealth away. In these cases the kill is less valued then that loot sack.

It all a question of a given persons or zerg priorities.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

probably 99%

http://media.giphy.com/media/BDMRY0MBjGIxi/giphy.gif

this applies to most of us on fc you dont even understand
seriously its like half the time we try to take a camp a massive dinosaur henge zerg comes out of nowhere

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

Look the infamous HoD zerg.. err wait that’s GoM…

<3 the emotes too, the best part was when they all ported and went back to Bay, we clearly outnumbered them.

Attachments:

(edited by Jereme.1840)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Murdoc.4251

Murdoc.4251

Yet, you don’t have the outnumbered buff. Wonder why that is?

[HDS] – Gate of Madness
Murdoc Jones – Brock Jones – Murdoch Jones – Jaedmara Jones
Warrior – Guardian – Ranger – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

seriously its like half the time we try to take a camp a massive dinosaur henge zerg comes out of nowhere

Thats because HoD lies in wait for those ferglings!

Heres a video of the last time Moobs went to dane for that last bit of supplies to finish his SM wall ram.

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

Thats because HoD lies in wait for those ferglings!

Heres a video of the last time Moobs went to dane for that last bit of supplies to finish his SM wall ram.

that happened abot 5 minutes ago
did u predict the future

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Basara.9405

Basara.9405

Thumbs up for whoever was the GoM thief at HoD BL a few minutes ago. I am the white asura staff ele which cultural T3, who fought you for about… 15 minutes? Maybe my idea of time is wrong, but surely was a long fight and one of the best I ever had. The fact that no one was able to kill each other at the made it even better!

in Match-ups

Crunk n monkey.3749

I’m only gonna put my thoughts on the perma-stealth thief build on here once and never again.

They nerfed the perma-stealth assassin in GW1 because people in PvP complained about it. If they haven’t already, they will nerf it again in GW2 due to people in PvP/WvW complaining about it.

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

I’m only gonna put my thoughts on the perma-stealth thief build on here once and never again.

They nerfed the perma-stealth assassin in GW1 because people in PvP complained about it. If they haven’t already, they will nerf it again in GW2 due to people in PvP/WvW complaining about it.

its been nerfed enough that its pretty balanced right now

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

<3 the emotes too, the best part was when they all ported and went back to Bay, we clearly outnumbered them.

You’re looking at pretty much the entirety of GoM’s WvW population compacted onto one map, and yet you STILL don’t have the outmanned buff.

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

hey taco are you doing any streams

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Let’s talk about a more interesting topic.

SF or DH takes second place? Discuss.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

You’re looking at pretty much the entirety of GoM’s WvW population compacted onto one map, and yet you STILL don’t have the outmanned buff.

Consider the following…
If you gather your servers entire WvW population into a single force, you may want to do something more useful than flip control points that do not directly earn points for the server and are capped as quickly with 1 person as they are with 5000 people.

Attachments:

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

(edited by Righteous.4307)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wayne.9714

Wayne.9714

No one likes the Thief on their back! Everyone likes the Thief that has their back!
Most only consider the former and not the latter. (has been my experience)

Oxtie Mes,Hi Oxtane Engi,
Oxnar War, Oxnar Blades Thf, Oxnar Ripclaw Rng,
Ox Nar Ele, Oxett Necro, Oxann Grd.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

its silly we have to beat GoM both times we play them just to end up tied with them for 4th. GoM has 4 easy weeks while FC has 1.

then if DH beats SF then they are 1-1 to each other, yet DH gets 2nd place because they only played HoD once instead of twice like SF.

the schedule is soooo lame. looking forward this season being over.

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I wish.

I really enjoy streaming, but I just don’t think my internet is stronk enough to support it for GW2. I did a 25-hour charity livestream thing a couple of weeks ago and ended up spending most of it fiddling with broadcast settings trying to find something that would work. Best I could get was 480p, still choppy, with the added bonus of having about a half-second delay on all my skills in-game due to the strain on my system. I can stream other games just fine, though, so part of the problem is probably just GW2 hogging up resources faster than VLK’s mama at a buffet.

TL;DR: No Mooby sniping for the foreseeable future. I believe HoD has some streamers, though. You know what to do.

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

its silly we have to beat GoM both times we play them just to end up tied with them for 4th. GoM has 4 easy weeks while FC has 1.

then if DH beats SF then they are 1-1 to each other, yet DH gets 2nd place because they only played HoD once instead of twice like SF.

Attachments:

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I wish.

I really enjoy streaming, but I just don’t think my internet is stronk enough to support it for GW2. I did a 25-hour charity livestream thing a couple of weeks ago and ended up spending most of it fiddling with broadcast settings trying to find something that would work. Best I could get was 480p, still choppy, with the added bonus of having about a half-second delay on all my skills in-game due to the strain on my system. I can stream other games just fine, though, so part of the problem is probably just GW2 hogging up resources faster than VLK’s mama at a buffet.

TL;DR: No Mooby sniping for the foreseeable future. I believe HoD has some streamers, though. You know what to do.

But HoD streamers are lame. I have an immense feeling of self importance when I hear “Kill the necro!” as we hunt you down. Stupid tacos and their lame internet…

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I wish.

But HoD streamers are lame. I have an immense feeling of self importance when I hear “Kill the necro!” as we hunt you down. Stupid tacos and their lame internet…

To be fair, I always yell, “Kill the necro!” in every fight we get into even when none are present. Necros are jerks.

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Consider the following…
If you gather your servers entire WvW population into a single force, you may want to do something more useful than flip control points that do not directly earn points for the server and are capped as quickly with 1 person as they are with 5000 people.

Thanks for the tip. Here’s one for you: If you don’t hike up your skirt and bend yourself over a table to avoid a higher league, you might actually fight servers with large enough populations to give you fun and challenging matchups instead of going up against servers who keep themselves entertained by zerging empty bloodlust points and portal-bombing dolyaks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I wish.

To be fair, I always yell, “Kill the necro!” in every fight we get into even when none are present. Necros are jerks.

And I am still very satisfied!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Plains of Ashes.5941

fergs pulling away!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Consider the following…

Thanks for the tip. Here’s one for you: If you don’t hike up your skirt and bend yourself over a table to avoid a higher league, you might actually fight servers with large enough populations to give you fun and challenging matchups instead of going up against servers who keep themselves entertained by zerging empty bloodlust points and portal-bombing dolyaks.

Already discussed….

I want to address the comments that HoD doesn’t belong in bronze.

The first point I want to make is that the very concept of “belonging” to a league is artificial. ANet divided the servers up into arbitrary groups of 6/9/9 based on rank. Somebody is going to be number one in each league but who that is doesn’t mean anything since if they had done 12/12, 9/9/6, 9/6/9, or 6/6/6/6 then things would be radically different.

The second point I want to make is that the bottom silver server is Northern Silver Peaks. The last time HoD faced NSP was in week 31 and HoD was roflstomped. In fact, for the most part every bronze server that went up against NSP has been roflstomped for some time. If HoD had somehow snuck past NSP into silver then the same complaints about a server not “belonging” in bronze would still be made, they would just be aimed at NSP.

My third point is that the during league week 5, Sorrows Furnace lost to HoD by only 50k points. If HoD doesn’t belong in bronze then neither does SF because we’re pretty closely matched. (In league week 6 SF got crushed by over 140k but that’s not representative of the strength of the two servers because SF decided to take it easy that week).

Finally, in non-league weeks 35 through 41 HoD was ranked 18 and that was after slowly clawing its way up from rank 21. In the week immediately prior to the season HoD went up in rank to 17. Given the way Glicko ranking works it’s unlikely HoD could have done anything to jump higher than that.

I know WvW has serious population and coverage imbalances. Outside of this league stuff every server that isn’t Blackgate or Vizunah experiences it. There’s nothing anybody can do about that. All you can do is have good fights and keep improving yourself, your guild, and your server.

Here’s a big “/salute” to every FC and GoM that comes out and does their best in this tough fight. I’ll see you on the field.

And in what way does anything you’ve said have anything whatsoever to do with the point that it is foolish to have 30ish people capping a single ruin?

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

fergs pulling away!

The Ferg portrait is very fitting. Spot on, good job.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Plains of Ashes.5941

I agree, the schedules were very lame. Im hard pressed to believe any thought at all was given to them by an even mildly educated adult. The fact that silver and bronze got their week 7 as a copy-paste of week 1 seems to show that anet loses interest quickly in anything other than T1.

hopefully we go to a 4-league season format that way we can all run a solid identical 6-server schedules and the non-gold league dosent get the afterthought schedule.

I will give lots of credit to SF. they spent 2 weeks with us and got savaged, and after the first week their fairweathers ran screaming for the (kessex) hills. But their core WvWers kept turning out and they were noticeably better by the end of the 2 weeks. When HoD is gone, SF wants that top-dog slot. And I know AR, DH, and Kain want it too if they could get a little transfer love. I sometimes get the impression that FC just prefers to wallow in their T8-ness.

(edited by Plains of Ashes.5941)

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Consider the following…

Already discussed….

I want to address the comments that HoD doesn’t belong in bronze.

The first point I want to make is that the very concept of “belonging” to a league is artificial. ANet divided the servers up into arbitrary groups of 6/9/9 based on rank. Somebody is going to be number one in each league but who that is doesn’t mean anything since if they had done 12/12, 9/9/6, 9/6/9, or 6/6/6/6 then things would be radically different.

The second point I want to make is that the bottom silver server is Northern Silver Peaks. The last time HoD faced NSP was in week 31 and HoD was roflstomped. In fact, for the most part every bronze server that went up against NSP has been roflstomped for some time. If HoD had somehow snuck past NSP into silver then the same complaints about a server not “belonging” in bronze would still be made, they would just be aimed at NSP.

My third point is that the during league week 5, Sorrows Furnace lost to HoD by only 50k points. If HoD doesn’t belong in bronze then neither does SF because we’re pretty closely matched. (In league week 6 SF got crushed by over 140k but that’s not representative of the strength of the two servers because SF decided to take it easy that week).

Finally, in non-league weeks 35 through 41 HoD was ranked 18 and that was after slowly clawing its way up from rank 21. In the week immediately prior to the season HoD went up in rank to 17. Given the way Glicko ranking works it’s unlikely HoD could have done anything to jump higher than that.

I know WvW has serious population and coverage imbalances. Outside of this league stuff every server that isn’t Blackgate or Vizunah experiences it. There’s nothing anybody can do about that. All you can do is have good fights and keep improving yourself, your guild, and your server.

Here’s a big “/salute” to every FC and GoM that comes out and does their best in this tough fight. I’ll see you on the field.

And in what way does anything you’ve said have anything whatsoever to do with the point that it is foolish to have 30ish people capping a single ruin?

No, you should just stop to think about your question and learn why it’s bad on your own.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Crunk n monkey.3749

Let’s talk about a more interesting topic.

SF or DH takes second place? Discuss.

My money is on Sorrow’s Furnace. But it should be a good fight.

in Match-ups

Crunk n monkey.3749

No one likes the Thief on their back! Everyone likes the Thief that has their back!
Most only consider the former and not the latter. (has been my experience)

Unfortunately, there aren’t enough thieves to cover everyone’s back.

in Match-ups

Crunk n monkey.3749

boo hoo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w