HoD/FC/GoM : 11/22/2013 : Bronze Week 6

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sinester.3572

Sinester.3572

Ha! Hey FC, me thinks GoM struck a nerve. MU is focusing us. LOL. Hope you can make some use out of that fact. It great to see them angry. They make the best loot bags! XD

but seriously though, MU sucks and I hope your family dies in a fire.

If u get mad by playing in WvW dont even bother playing it

HOD Comander

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Wow… we haven’t had a thread this pathetic in quite a while.

I looks like [MU] is going for the championship. [Os] held the title first, until the scrappy underdog [PAXA] stole it from them. [PAXA] retired after earning the title, and [Os] has been trying to reclaim it ever since. After [Os] lost their star player to an injury (Rob got perma-banned from the forums), they have been vulnerable. Now [MU] is trying to take advantage of the opportunity, and going for the title themselves.

Will [MU] be able to claim the title? Only time will tell.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rory.2086

Rory.2086

Ha! Hey FC, me thinks GoM struck a nerve. MU is focusing us. LOL. Hope you can make some use out of that fact. It great to see them angry. They make the best loot bags! XD

Given as many people are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow and the likelihood at least one person’s house will catch fire, you really made an unwise decision in writing such an ill-humored comment.

Awesome Possum [MU]
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brick Tamland.6507

Brick Tamland.6507

I looks like [MU] is going for the championship. [Os] held the title first, until the scrappy underdog [PAXA] stole it from them. [PAXA] retired after earning the title, and [Os] has been trying to reclaim it ever since. After [Os] lost their star player to an injury (Rob got perma-banned from the forums), they have been vulnerable. Now [MU] is trying to take advantage of the opportunity, and going for the title themselves.

I think the guy from your server single-handily took the title….

Back Stabbed
Mushroom-Headed thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Diem.6309

Diem.6309

!!!!North Camp!!!!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rohk.6195

Rohk.6195

My money is on [RH] finally winning something.
On an unrelated note, me thinks GoM needs Ronny Raygun back.

The Real Shamu | Twice Shy
HoD [MU] | HODOR!

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

You’re a kittening loser.

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

I don’t know the loot bags you speak of, I’ve had to hurdle over [RH] corpses all evening.

You can tell by your anger, you clearly take pixels way to serious. It’s a game and a mode in a game that no one is forcing you to play. To wish death on someone or someones family is over the edge and childish.

May you be perma banned from forums and the game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

What the kitten, Lime?!

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: thhoj.9382

thhoj.9382

Any1 wanna have fight night later tonight at the new wvw map? Also imo the people that are calling HOD silver dodgers need to realize this same thing would be happening if it was NSP, SF, Kaineng, or IoJ so what you are saying is really childish. This was already seen on forums the week before league when NSP was playing GoM. Plenty of posts with people accusing NSP of dodging. Just play the game and stop QQing.

Afflictionate [FAP]- thief
Compassionate [FAP]- guard
Gate Of Madness

(edited by thhoj.9382)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercabre.7123

Mercabre.7123

NICE blindside at cliffside GoM haha. I was laughing my kitten off. Well done.

Thuefore | Rieaz, Mag [VLK]
Grammar aside I probably have a point in there somewhere.

(edited by Mercabre.7123)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

its silly we have to beat GoM both times we play them just to end up tied with them for 4th. GoM has 4 easy weeks while FC has 1.

then if DH beats SF then they are 1-1 to each other, yet DH gets 2nd place because they only played HoD once instead of twice like SF.

the schedule is soooo lame. looking forward this season being over.

Hm, I didn’t think about that but that is a fair point. If you beat us twice, how come we finish tied? Doesn’t really make much sense.

all kinds of tourney systems allow one team to finish higher than another team because they are a measure of overall performance. So that alone is non-sequitur.

the problem is the terrible schedule ruined any accuracy in what positions mean (ie: error bar > +/-1 position). Note that this is not the case for #1 since HoD had to beat everybody to secure sole ownership of the #1 spot. you could make a similar argument that the bottom server positions are accurate as well with possible exception for the 2 servers who got sandviched in the SF/HoD matches. those were the only 2 matches where #2 and #3 were never in play.

so is GoM better then FC? who knows. I will personally let this week call that one and not the season since FC definitely had a hard road. Either server could win, and I’ll be honest Im not seeing one server standing up and ripping 4th from the others hands.

So the middle positions arnt definitive. But in my opinion what does matter here is how a server placed vs how they were honestly placed before the start of the season. That being said, I should see no crying on these boards from DH, GoM, and AR, these servers should be feeling pretty kitten excited of how they have been playing over the past 6 weeks. Each surprised everyone in bronze with solid gameplay well above expectations. Based on expectations we got half the servers feeling alot of pride, and these are NOT the ones only finishing 1-4 either. It turns out these are the same servers so say they’re loving season 1.

I would have added Kain to the list BTW, but while they seem to be bringing solid gameplay I dont think anyone knew what to expect. I admit I was wrong about their sandbagging – they really were getting hosed.

I wonder if ET would have been as unhappy with 4th after an eternity in T8. ET did the worst (so far) and unfortunately showed that the new ET is not unlike the old ET – yet I dont hear such whinging page after page out of them.

(edited by Plains of Ashes.5941)

in Match-ups

Posted by: QuickLime.7253

QuickLime.7253

I’m sorry about the post I made recently. I’ve been going through some stressful real life crap and these forums are not helping my stress level. I’d like to apologies to MU for my posts. I chose you guys as the focus for my stress. I’m just gonna stay away from the forums because it is not helping me at all. I’m normally not this angry. I don’t want to go into anymore detail.

Again, sorry…

~Limey :D
Chikyu no Pawa – Elementalist [RH]
~The Rain Dancing Elementalist~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

I’m sorry about the post I made recently. I’ve been going through some stressful real life crap and these forums are not helping my stress level. I’d like to apologies to MU for my posts. I chose you guys as the focus for my stress. I’m just gonna stay away from the forums because it is not helping me at all. I’m normally not this angry. I don’t want to go into anymore detail.

Again, sorry…

It’s ok. Apology accepted. Hope you take care of that RL stuff buddy!

Attachments:

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

I’m only gonna put my thoughts on the perma-stealth thief build on here once and never again.

They nerfed the perma-stealth assassin in GW1 because people in PvP complained about it. If they haven’t already, they will nerf it again in GW2 due to people in PvP/WvW complaining about it.

i don’t understand what you smoked but i played gw1 for 7years and the assassins never had stealth. i also created several assassin builds for pvp and there was no stealth.

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Again, sorry…

It’s ok. Apology accepted. Hope you take care of that RL stuff buddy!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

I’m only gonna put my thoughts on the perma-stealth thief build on here once and never again.

They nerfed the perma-stealth assassin in GW1 because people in PvP complained about it. If they haven’t already, they will nerf it again in GW2 due to people in PvP/WvW complaining about it.

i don’t understand what you smoked but i played gw1 for 7years and the assassins never had stealth. i also created several assassin builds for pvp and there was no stealth.

Black n Milds, but that’s beside the point. It wasn’t a stealth build, but it was a perma build that utilized the Elite skill Shadow Form. Giving an assassin an enchantment that nullified damaged for an extended period of time, given the right equipment set and weapons, one could keep Shadow Form up for an extended period of time. The energy cost was low, the recharge was low enough that with runes on armor and weapons you could perpetually keep it up long enough to take down anyone.

It was also used exclusively used in the dungeons, such as Underworld. It made several assassin’s very rich as they were able to farm the hell out of ectos.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

I think a lot of times people forget this is a game, drama in a game is pointless. We all play it to have a good time and relieve stress. No reason to bash on one another every chance we get :p

HoD i enjoyed my stay for the week was very fun, and GoM you guys are always fun to fight

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! All the food!

Pink Sylvari FTW!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Supercharged.8914

Supercharged.8914

The QQing in this thread is beyond belief.

I don’t get why HOD is called out for tanking and even given names like Silver Dodger when HOD has never beat NSP (IIRC) before the leagues began. We always lost to them for the recent matches before leagues started. Why should HOD be up there more than NSP or at all?

Then who should come to Bronze?

There’s only a fixed number of servers who can be in Silver League and NSP rightfully took that spot. Or you guys prefer HOD and NSP to be in Silver and Crystal Desert to rolfstomp you guys more? Please think.

No matter who is top of Bronze, the server will always become the target of these whining & QQ. I suggest you all just man up and see how your server can do better.

Invigorate [Dx]

“ANET needs to make defending in WVW more rewarding!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I suggest you all just man up and see how your server can do better.

Finally, somebody nailed it (even if by accident). That one line right there is the whole reason I give HoD any crap at all. It’s not about numbers, or zerging, or whether or not any other server would be a better fit for bronze (we all know NSP would roll bronze just as easily as HoD is).

It’s all because HoD had the chance to face a challenging situation head-on and very vocally chose not to.

Would HoD have gotten rolled in silver? Probably. But since when has any server on this side of the ranking table ever given a kitten about being outnumbered? All of us in bronze league had the chance to transfer up to servers with better populations and coverage, but chose not to. And I’m pretty sure any server in this group would be very proud to build up and earn their way into silver on their own accord.

HoD accomplished that, what the rest of us could not, and then quickly turned it down by rolling over. Maybe it’s just my competitive nature, but I find that action more insulting than anything you folks could ever post on the forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brick Tamland.6507

Brick Tamland.6507

I suggest you all just man up and see how your server can do better.

Finally, somebody nailed it (even if by accident). That one line right there is the whole reason I give HoD any crap at all. It’s not about numbers, or zerging, or whether or not any other server would be a better fit for bronze (we all know NSP would roll bronze just as easily as HoD is).

It’s all because HoD had the chance to face a challenging situation head-on and very vocally chose not to.

Would HoD have gotten rolled in silver? Probably. But since when has any server on this side of the ranking table ever given a kitten about being outnumbered? All of us in bronze league had the chance to transfer up to servers with better populations and coverage, but chose not to. And I’m pretty sure any server in this group would be very proud to build up and earn their way into silver on their own accord.

HoD accomplished that, what the rest of us could not, and then quickly turned it down by rolling over. Maybe it’s just my competitive nature, but I find that action more insulting than anything you folks could ever post on the forums.

“…when HOD has never beat NSP (IIRC) before the leagues began. We always lost to them for the recent matches before leagues started.”

Back Stabbed
Mushroom-Headed thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

My money is on [RH] finally winning something.
On an unrelated note, me thinks GoM needs Ronny Raygun back.

Sheesh that’s a low blow. But you can try harder to pour oil on the fire, not many remember Ronny.

Anyways [MU], you reap what you sow. You can’t honestly expect to say stuff like:

MU

“Some of you from GoM should come on HoD for a week. Not only will we teach you how to WvW, we’ll teach you how to troll properly on the forums.”

“As for MU has nothing to teach GoM, we could teach you to finally stop kitten complaining about numbers and your smaller groups organized to wipe the mystical “HoD Tier 1 Blob”.”

“I like you guys GoM. As if I have found in the last few weeks, one or two qqing forum warriors (styx) are not representative of the entire server. I wish someone from one of your good guilds would step up and tell Styx to stop making everyone else look bad.”

…without being called out.

Or maybe you are new to this game?

Now don’t act all offended if, when you troll, people troll you back.
You should learn to take a joke better.

Now I like you guys from MU. As I have found in the last few weeks, one or two badmouths forum warriors are not representative of your entire guild.

Stay classy, and your interlocutors will too.
This concludes the lesson.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

I miss HoD already. God I love you Haze and Winter and Morn and Bllades and Back Stabbed. WTB you all. Yarr can use more OP.

Verdánt

in Match-ups

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

I think a lot of times people forget this is a game, drama in a game is pointless. We all play it to have a good time and relieve stress. No reason to bash on one another every chance we get :p

HoD i enjoyed my stay for the week was very fun, and GoM you guys are always fun to fight

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! All the food!

Nice to see yarr down here again, you guys schooled my hybrid guardian pretty quick. Just like to thank you guys for following the rules of 1v1, you rarely see that nowadays,
Also i near died laughing when you let the upscales by with the golem to take eb keep back.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

I miss HoD already. God I love you Haze and Winter and Morn and Bllades and Back Stabbed. WTB you all. Yarr can use more OP.

Yarr is full of heartbreakers and teasers.

Happy Thanksgiving all! See you 10 lbs later!

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

(edited by JahRo.6432)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Originally I had GoM picked to beat Fkittenil I realized a new patch was coming out on the 26th and suddenly had flashbacks to the GoM/DH/FC week. shudder

Nevertheless, I’d like to see a WvW with just GoM and FC, and see who would come out on top. My money bets on GoM to win that. Though it wouldn’t be easy.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Look the infamous HoD zerg.. err wait that’s GoM…

<3 the emotes too, the best part was when they all ported and went back to Bay, we clearly outnumbered them.

You’re looking at pretty much the entirety of GoM’s WvW population compacted onto one map, and yet you STILL don’t have the outmanned buff.

Consider the following…
If you gather your servers entire WvW population into a single force, you may want to do something more useful than flip control points that do not directly earn points for the server and are capped as quickly with 1 person as they are with 5000 people.

Thanks for the tip. Here’s one for you: If you don’t hike up your skirt and bend yourself over a table to avoid a higher league, you might actually fight servers with large enough populations to give you fun and challenging matchups instead of going up against servers who keep themselves entertained by zerging empty bloodlust points and portal-bombing dolyaks.

Already discussed….

I want to address the comments that HoD doesn’t belong in bronze.

The first point I want to make is that the very concept of “belonging” to a league is artificial. ANet divided the servers up into arbitrary groups of 6/9/9 based on rank. Somebody is going to be number one in each league but who that is doesn’t mean anything since if they had done 12/12, 9/9/6, 9/6/9, or 6/6/6/6 then things would be radically different.

The second point I want to make is that the bottom silver server is Northern Silver Peaks. The last time HoD faced NSP was in week 31 and HoD was roflstomped. In fact, for the most part every bronze server that went up against NSP has been roflstomped for some time. If HoD had somehow snuck past NSP into silver then the same complaints about a server not “belonging” in bronze would still be made, they would just be aimed at NSP.

My third point is that the during league week 5, Sorrows Furnace lost to HoD by only 50k points. If HoD doesn’t belong in bronze then neither does SF because we’re pretty closely matched. (In league week 6 SF got crushed by over 140k but that’s not representative of the strength of the two servers because SF decided to take it easy that week).

Finally, in non-league weeks 35 through 41 HoD was ranked 18 and that was after slowly clawing its way up from rank 21. In the week immediately prior to the season HoD went up in rank to 17. Given the way Glicko ranking works it’s unlikely HoD could have done anything to jump higher than that.

I know WvW has serious population and coverage imbalances. Outside of this league stuff every server that isn’t Blackgate or Vizunah experiences it. There’s nothing anybody can do about that. All you can do is have good fights and keep improving yourself, your guild, and your server.

Here’s a big “/salute” to every FC and GoM that comes out and does their best in this tough fight. I’ll see you on the field.

And in what way does anything you’ve said have anything whatsoever to do with the point that it is foolish to have 30ish people capping a single ruin?

No, you should just stop to think about your question and learn why it’s bad on your own.

This makes no sense what so ever?

Spelled out for you…

Grouping up and helping your servermates finish up their WvW achievements during a blowout matchup isn’t foolish. It’s a common courtesy. A good majority of that blob in the photo are not experienced WvW players and it’s very difficult for them to hit the goals on their own while the Silver League Dodgers are stampeding around every map.

People cant stand on a cap point w/o you holding their hand?

Here. [MU]
Our PvE player’s are not stupid.

I didn’t call them or you stupid. I like GoM. I really enjoy playing against GoM esp when we were against SF together. We took to calling you our Gommie Bears. I was just surprised to see 50 of you capping a single ruin. The logic escapes me… but hey… its your fight against FC for 4th. Not mine. Good luck.

then you realize hod does this all the time except gom only does it with 30, and hod does it with a queued zerg of 70

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SrxLiz.3175

SrxLiz.3175

On a more lighter note…

To the 2 FC and the GoM at the new sanctum, thanks for the fun fights and good laughs!!
Cant wait to see some epic GvGs and duels in here (:

Attachments:

Character Name: Archangel Elizabeth [Ele]
Server: Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

Some of you from GoM should come on HoD for a week. Not only will we teach you how to WvW, we’ll teach you how to troll properly on the forums.

MU Teaching others how to WvW:

Step 1 get 50 people
Step 2: Follow the tag
Step 3: aoe around the same place.

OK your done, you just learned how to WvW.

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Some of you from GoM should come on HoD for a week. Not only will we teach you how to WvW, we’ll teach you how to troll properly on the forums.

Step 1 get 50 people

ty god of wvw forever grateful i am to u

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

JahRo.6432

Couple of HoD in the OS GvG arena waiting for duels. Bring your friends! PLEASE

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dogskins.1259

Dogskins.1259

Again, sorry…

Forcing someone to apologize for a forum post? Are you kittening kidding me? Y’all don’t know him.

Because of this, my worst fears have been realized. This forum is the softest pillow fight known to man. Y’all think what he said was so mean and hurtful? Shame on you guys for being mad at something you read on the internet. You guys don’t know kitten when it comes to forum warring back and forth. In this world of holding hands while crossing the street, tattle telling, and NFL locker room “bullying”, this has got to be right up there with that.

VNboards for DAoC was something everyone should have experienced because this community is the biggest, absolute most jello consistency group of “hardcore gamers” I have ever met. Weaker than puppy pee and softer than moist bread.

GW2 is confirmed to have the softest community known to man.
Everything is spoon fed. Nobody knows struggle.

Possum Jankins – Suicide Bomber Engineer [VLK] HoD /// [RoT] Yak’s Bend

Just look for the black bearded human.

in Match-ups

Easterbunny.6170

[quote=3277295;Righteous.4307:]

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Easterbunny.6170

I didn’t call them or you stupid. I like GoM. I really enjoy playing against GoM esp when we were against SF together. We took to calling you our Gommie Bears. I was just surprised to see 50 of you capping a single ruin. The logic escapes me… but hey… its your fight against FC for 4th. Not mine. Good luck.

We are actually in a catch 22 on that Righteous.

For whatever reason, we seem to have at last count 50-80 hardcore WvWers IN TOTAL. That’s what we have to cover EB, GOM, and go on the offensive. That’s what shows up when the chips are down. That’s people on and off TeamSpeak.

We have on top of that, oh, 300 other players that show up when things are good.

So, basically, our swing is HUGE. We have just a massive PVE population.

Most nights in our borderland we are fighting you with ~35 people. As many from other servers have said many times, we do pretty kitten well with what we got.

So heres the catch 22:

We don’t give up. We keep fighting.

If we keep fighting you keep showing up because we aren’t boring.

FC gets to keep their sh—stuff because they are from what is said here only, less determined.

Therefor we will lose this week for 2 reasons:

1: our 35 will drop to 10 because Thanksgiving (this week) is a major holiday.

2: Blue will hold more blue stuff because instead of defending they let you take it all then cap it back, which you find boring, so they hold blue longer than we hold red.

Frankly, and I have stated this to our people, What is green is completely irrelevant to us right now. We Should focus on what is blue, but we are stubborn folks. That borderland is titled “GOM Borderland” and its gotta be red no matter what kitten it…

So, you guys will have “Fun” and we will lose this week. Just how its gonna be. 10 cant hold 30. Its below the #s needed to allow siege to make a difference because you can just roll over the front lines. Its just the way it is.

And frankly, Im sort of happy our server is full of people who value time with their family over the score in a game. It makes for a much more pleasant place to “Live”.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rohk.6195

Rohk.6195

Step 1 get 50 people

LOL. You just showed you have much to learn.

The Real Shamu | Twice Shy
HoD [MU] | HODOR!

in Match-ups

JahRo.6432

So lonely in the new GvG place… ;_;

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Remember to give thanks to everything that you have today, because there are many more people around the world out there that don’t have half the things you do.

Personally, I love me some honey baked ham but the best part about today, is I get to feast on the tears of my enemies. That’s right, its a delicacy so generously provided by both GoM and FC.

I just wanted to thank you GoM and FC for your selfless whining, without it we may have not had the opportunity to wash down our thanks giving feast with your oh so delicious liquid lamentations.

So remember everyone, when you sit down for thanksgiving today and you pour you a glass of Fergusons Madness tears, remember to give thanks. Many people had to cry on the forums for an extremely long time to provide a delicious beverage for you this day.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nachtritter.8961

nachtritter.8961

So, you guys will have “Fun” and we will lose this week. Just how its gonna be. 10 cant hold 30. Its below the #s needed to allow siege to make a difference because you can just roll over the front lines

3-5 people in a sieged tower can make all the difference. About a dozen on siege can save a keep. I know, because we’ve done it numerous times in week 1 against HoD. I remember attacks on two different gates at the same time on our keep in EB. The only thing that prevented the two HoD zergs from taking the keep were a dozen FC players manning superior ACs and mortars, and wiping the floor with HoD blood.

You only need numbers to take things, very few to keep them. What you need is good coordination and communication. Also, people willing to stay behind at towers and keeps (which is harder said than done).

From what I’ve seen, you guys at GoM can manage that, we’re on pretty equal footing these days.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Step 1 get 50 people

LOL. You just showed you have much to learn.

As one who has run with MU and lived to tell the tale, they run with around 15-20. They never gather 50 people. That’s what they want you(their opponent) to do.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Remember to give thanks to everything that you have today, because there are many more people around the world out there that don’t have half the things you do.

Personally, I love me some honey baked ham but the best part about today, is I get to feast on the tears of my enemies. That’s right, its a delicacy so generously provided by both GoM and FC.

I just wanted to thank you GoM and FC for your selfless whining, without it we may have not had the opportunity to wash down our thanks giving feast with your oh so delicious liquid lamentations.

So remember everyone, when you sit down for thanksgiving today and you pour you a glass of Fergusons Madness tears, remember to give thanks. Many people had to cry on the forums for an extremely long time to provide a delicious beverage for you this day.

I better see a bllades to duel later or I will be very upset. No more talking about tears you nub. It god old 4 pages ago. KBAI

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

The more Canadians a server has, the better they will do through the Thanksgiving weekend. That because we already had our thanksgiving.

Thus if you want to win…Recruit more Canadians!.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ToaLux.6478

ToaLux.6478

On a more lighter note…

To the 2 FC and the GoM at the new sanctum, thanks for the fun fights and good laughs!!
Cant wait to see some epic GvGs and duels in here (:

Yea, ‘twas a great first experience for me in the arena! This is exactly what duels and GvG needed, and I couldn’t be happier with it. There’s no bloodlust, no taking up map population (as if that matters down here), and no interference from zergs.

Thanks, Anet!

Fil(l)aen ~ Ranger/Mesmer ~ SAO ~ GoM
The Orange Asura with the Sun Kite

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

cough Not from the US cough

Was thankful last month! =)

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

There an underlying theme in much of this debate, that being a group is outnumbered in a fight and loses and then feels the match up was not fair.

Now first and foremost I well understand the need to have servers in the same tiers that have populations more or less the same. I am also of the opinion that those uber large zergs that are said to roam around in Gold tier are not my cup of tea.

That all said exactly what is being simulated here? This is not Pvp it is WvW and it would seem logical to me that one of the goals of any given battle would be to outnumber the opponent at the level of that battle and that a good commander would strive to accomplish this.

Seeking local numerical superiority in numbers would seem a reasonable and logical thing to do so why all the beefing about it?

It is going to happen. While ANET has to work at refining the way they divide up the leagues so as to bring WvW populations as close as they can to one another there will always be battles where on side outnumbers another 2 to one or even more.

These numbers modified by the bandwagon effect which is hard to exert any control over and the willingness and ability of various guilds and commanders to work together on a given server so as to coordinate responses which should NOT be curtailed in any way shape or form.

If people are in WvW so they can test skill versus skill with groups of 20 or 30 per side wherein all numbers are equal and it comes down to skill alone, it is not going to happen often in WvW nor should it.

As such in WvW the most important factors would seem to be.

1>Total overall numbers
2>Number of dedicated WvW’ers
3>The ability of Guilds and Commanders to communicate and work together
4>Skill level of the individual player

ALL of these are going to occur in WvW and all are important in WvW. All of these vary server to server or player to player. Live with it. Deal with it. Work to improve it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: NastyPiggy.2046

NastyPiggy.2046

There an underlying theme in much of this debate, that being a group is outnumbered in a fight and loses and then feels the match up was not fair.

Now first and foremost I well understand the need to have servers in the same tiers that have populations more or less the same. I am also of the opinion that those uber large zergs that are said to roam around in Gold tier are not my cup of tea.

That all said exactly what is being simulated here? This is not Pvp it is WvW and it would seem logical to me that one of the goals of any given battle would be to outnumber the opponent at the level of that battle and that a good commander would strive to accomplish this.

Seeking local numerical superiority in numbers would seem a reasonable and logical thing to do so why all the beefing about it?

It is going to happen. While ANET has to work at refining the way they divide up the leagues so as to bring WvW populations as close as they can to one another there will always be battles where on side outnumbers another 2 to one or even more.

These numbers modified by the bandwagon effect which is hard to exert any control over and the willingness and ability of various guilds and commanders to work together on a given server so as to coordinate responses which should NOT be curtailed in any way shape or form.

If people are in WvW so they can test skill versus skill with groups of 20 or 30 per side wherein all numbers are equal and it comes down to skill alone, it is not going to happen often in WvW nor should it.

As such in WvW the most important factors would seem to be.

1>Total overall numbers
2>Number of dedicated WvW’ers
3>The ability of Guilds and Commanders to communicate and work together
4>Skill level of the individual player

ALL of these are going to occur in WvW and all are important in WvW. All of these vary server to server or player to player. Live with it. Deal with it. Work to improve it.

Or the same thing that happens in basically every other game that doesn’t address these issues, PvPers who don’t have the numbers leave in hopes of finding a more balanced PvP game and the old game they left dies off. It’s the same thing in basically all games that also have PvP, the PvP community cannibalizes itself then says… what happened to all the PvPers? Hey…. at least it’s not happening as fast as those special open world PvP games where people spawn camp!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

Originally I had GoM picked to beat Fkittenil I realized a new patch was coming out on the 26th and suddenly had flashbacks to the GoM/DH/FC week. shudder

Nevertheless, I’d like to see a WvW with just GoM and FC, and see who would come out on top. My money bets on GoM to win that. Though it wouldn’t be easy.

It fluctuates greatly, pre season we beat the stuffing out of GOM, six months ago it would not have been a contest, GOM wiped us off the map. Seems like of all the servers I have faced, GOM is the most unpredictable as to what you are going to get in a given week. I don’t know why that is..

However, in its current state, it is from what I can see this week, a no tactic pug zerg server at the moment. Lot of people, not much strategy. We had a 30-40 man Gom Zerg throw itself against FC garri last night about six times. They only used rams, and they never completely stopped the flow of supply from the north camp or held that camp for anything longer than the RI period, which allowed us to continually replenish supply at the keep. At the end we had about 20 arrow carts raining death down on you, never got under 400 supply in the keep, yet you still tried the water gate again and again.

If that is representative of GOM strategy, I will take the FC side of that bet even with fewer numbers.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in Match-ups

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

Happy Thanksgiving!!! or Thursday!!! :P

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

So heres the catch 22:

We don’t give up. We keep fighting.

If we keep fighting you keep showing up because we aren’t boring.

FC gets to keep their sh—stuff because they are from what is said here only, less determined.

Therefor we will lose this week for 2 reasons:

1: our 35 will drop to 10 because Thanksgiving (this week) is a major holiday.

2: Blue will hold more blue stuff because instead of defending they let you take it all then cap it back, which you find boring, so they hold blue longer than we hold red.

Frankly, and I have stated this to our people, What is green is completely irrelevant to us right now. We Should focus on what is blue, but we are stubborn folks. That borderland is titled “GOM Borderland” and its gotta be red no matter what kitten it…

So, you guys will have “Fun” and we will lose this week. Just how its gonna be. 10 cant hold 30. Its below the #s needed to allow siege to make a difference because you can just roll over the front lines. Its just the way it is.

Interesting post, thanks. If this is the general thought on GoM then it explains why fergs are pulling away. The catch 22 you state is a fallacy – while it dosent have a logic flaw, the conclusion you imply is incorrect. Im not going to mention the flaw because if FC already knows it and you dont then Im not going to blow their strategic advantage.

Once they secure the win, I would be interesting in hearing how FC decided to play this match, because clearly something changed from every other time we have played ferg. From my PoV its hard to tell if they had a plan, or if they are all just taking a cry-break and are squeaking a win anyways.

Edit: last paragraph edited for clarity.

(edited by Plains of Ashes.5941)

in Match-ups

Posted by: UrbanMonarch.1028

UrbanMonarch.1028

It fluctuates greatly, pre season we beat the stuffing out of GOM, six months ago it would not have been a contest, GOM wiped us off the map. Seems like of all the servers I have faced, GOM is the most unpredictable as to what you are going to get in a given week. I don’t know why that is..

However, in its current state, it is from what I can see this week, a no tactic pug zerg server at the moment. Lot of people, not much strategy. We had a 30-40 man Gom Zerg throw itself against FC garri last night about six times. They only used rams, and they never completely stopped the flow of supply from the north camp or held that camp for anything longer than the RI period, which allowed us to continually replenish supply at the keep. At the end we had about 20 arrow carts raining death down on you, never got under 400 supply in the keep, yet you still tried the water gate again and again.

If that is representative of GOM strategy, I will take the FC side of that bet even with fewer numbers.

That’s the thing its hard to see what represents a server. In GOM we have a lot of small guilds its rare for a guild to have more then 15 people doing WvW unless they are doing green arrow night. The people who attacked garr could of just been pugs with a new commander who know, who cares as long as they had fun.

In other Servers there is usually a large guild such as MU, OS and whoever else and when that guild plays smart then its like wow that server is smart. Well no I can always find an idiot doing something stupid on any server. Heck 10 mins ago I killed a guy from FC trying to attack briar in a omega by himself (It did not go well for him). Killed a group of HOD trying to attack Bay with an Omega and didn’t bring any supply so we killed them with only half our numbers (it was like 10-5). Mind you later they showed up with 20 and we lost horribly, still I hope you get my point.

On that note I want to say kudos to both HOD and FC. HOD has kept the slaughter even and there were sound good large and small fights and FC playing smart by taking advantage of many different types of situations.

That guy in [RH] on GOM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

In other Servers there is usually a large guild such as MU…

Just to clarify… MU runs in small, organized groups of 15-25. Also, at this point I have to point out the obvious. GoM’s overall population is listed by ANet as “Very High” whereas both HoD and FC are listed as “High”. This should give you a distict advantage becaus it means that GoM has more actual numbers (not necessarily active WvW players). If I were on GoM I would think that it would be very valuable to focus on turning some of those PvE players into WvW players. HoD does have some guilds ([PHZE] and [FKB] just to name a couple) that focus on recruiting from Lions Arch and get players into WvW to begin with.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/