SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tadz.2870

Tadz.2870

I missed the start due to intoxication but I’m here now so we can start. Let the farming/name calling/popcorn eating/anything is possible for the right price begin! Have fun all and don’t forget to let your digital dissing flow strongly! I think its good for blood pressure of something like that, who am I kidding I have no clue, enjoy!

#FreeDolan

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

So much hate in this thread, Then again, not much different than I expected considering what I had heard of mag’s forum warriors. Also, Something that Akamon started on, but the biggest reason why our roamers are so tanky is just the fact that roaming in T1 is a completely different beast compared to other server groupings. You can’t go high damage unless your a thief/warrior just due to the fact that 90% of the time your going to get 2+ adds. I honestly stopped roaming in T1, just because going solo was pointless when your running from zergs/havoc groups all days. It is sadly one of the downsides of fighting in T1 just due to the numbers game.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

I think its funny how Mag roamers have complained about plex runes, condi, tanky builds, zergs, ads to fights, etc. They have no clue what T-1 roamers have had to fight in a JQ/SoR/BG match-up for weeks on end. Just by the rage I see from the posts, I think if they ever “roamed” in a T-1 match-up, it would make them have an aneurysm.

Like it or not, it is the Meta, no sense in complaining about it, just adapt or go duel for the week until the match-up is over.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

I think its funny how Mag roamers have complained about plex runes, condi, tanky builds, zergs, ads to fights, etc. They have no clue what T-1 roamers have had to fight in a JQ/SoR/BG match-up for weeks on end. Just by the rage I see from the posts, I think if they ever “roamed” in a T-1 match-up, it would make them have an aneurysm.

Like it or not, it is the Meta, no sense in complaining about it, just adapt or go duel for the week until the match-up is over.

I think it is funny that T1 still thinks they are special snow flakes. Welcome to matchup threads, yes they occur outside of T1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

TL;DR
When you’re bad at the game, join the rest of the plex runes, condi, tanky builds, zergs, adds to fight, etc to be good at it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

TL;DR
When you’re bad at the game, join the rest of the plex runes, condi, tanky builds, zergs, adds to fight, etc to be good at it.

So basically you covered everything but zerker or high DPS builds?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

So…any of you BG baddies gonna 1v1 me or you just gonna 5v1 and zergball?

I duel you. Are you roaming around 5pm est time today?

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Weird. I dueled quite a few Maguumy engis and, surprisingly, eles that ran perplexity. :s

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Weird. I dueled quite a few Maguumy engis and, surprisingly, eles that ran perplexity. :s

same ^ but mostly mesmer roamers with this broken runes.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dabachelor.1736

Dabachelor.1736

Every thief I fight on both sides have perplexity runes!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

The main reason Mag has to post in forum because they dont want us to forget that they are actually in this match up …..

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

I was promised more gvg’s and guilds to fight in T1…
Man am I dissapointed. All we have come across yet was on reset vs 50 Choo guardians that refused to fight without their iron buddies.
Sigh #t1problems

We have most of reset recorded.

If that’s the way you recall it I’m sure we can help you remember that VR and Pyro were together 99% of the night.

Lots of good fights this match up.

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

The main reason Mag has to post in forum because they dont want us to forget that they are actually in this match up …..

Yay for PPT champions. Are you a tower humping siege monkey or a mindless blobber?

in Match-ups

Punny.9210

Yay for PPT champions. Are you a tower humping siege monkey or a mindless blobber?

Not just ppt …

u dont have even any open field Guild running around . . .

i think i saw KH zerg a few mins last night but got overrun by Bg pugs.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I can’t believe someone is actually arguing that PVT is pointless because apparently with boon stripping people die to 12k hit meteor showers regularly.

Next, I’m expecting something along the lines of,

“It’s pointless to take camps because you never know when someone with treb mastery will hit you on your way to an objective, causing you to lose all your supply.”

Not my fault the only meta in T1 is to stack PVT. Take your strategy anywhere else without the skill lag and you’re just a walking target since your entire group will hit like a wet noodle.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how PVT works.

Oh, and you should visit SoR BL once in a while. Mag’s almost always absent from there and the SoR vs BG fights are lag free. The only times I experience skill lag is when all three servers are present, which is rarely. Oh yes, your sever blobs too… Whodathunk.

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

We try really hard, man. I wish you’d all stop being such bullies to us.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

(edited by robocafaz.9017)

in Match-ups

Punny.9210

We try really hard, man. I wish you’d all stop being such bullies to us.

trust me i wish it’s not true neither.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

Mag match ups never fail to deliver. Makes me wish I would have picked a different server at release.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: evrilysis.8549

evrilysis.8549

Honestly don’t understand the logic going on here. Winning WvW has always been defined by who has the most points at the end of the week. Open field fights, sieging, cutting supplies, etc, have always been a means to that end. Like it or not, the server with the most points at the end of the match-up is the winner. You can debate about what you or your guild is personally trying to get out of your WvW experience, but at the end of the day, the server that ANet crowns is the one with the most points. You have fun dueling? Great. I have fun winning. To each their own.

And what is this kitten about PVT? No one is telling anyone how to play their characters, but if you’re not winning fights because of you need to feel special and not roll an optimized build, you only have yourself to blame.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Every thief I fight on both sides have perplexity runes!

I fought several thieves in the dueling area last night that were not running perplexity. As much crying is going on in the forums right now it should be noted that I met several nice folks from OPP, so apparently their loud forum minority isn’t representative of the guild as a whole.

I haven’t have a thief take more fights off me than I took off him in a really long time, so that was refreshing.

If you don’ t like the condi meta, run the -condi food, and even the runes if you want to really stick it to them. Don’t run your 10% crit and 100 precision food and cry that perplexity engineers are owning your face. Everyone know the runes are out of line and will get nerfed, but you have to live with it until they do.

Also, this goes for Mag folks… why on earth would you expect fair fights against servers that massively outnumber you? Who cares if you can 1v1 them…. they have enough people to 2v1 our entire server…. so why wouldn’t they?

I personally will go enjoy the 1v1 duels at the windmill if I want a fair fight, and continue to roam and hope that my smaller group/solo can take the outnumbered fight I am guarateed to face. What fun is roaming if it is always fair? Then you never have that spectacular fight you won against all odds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Honestly don’t understand the logic going on here. Winning WvW has always been defined by who has the most points at the end of the week. Open field fights, sieging, cutting supplies, etc, have always been a means to that end. Like it or not, the server with the most points at the end of the match-up is the winner. You can debate about what you or your guild is personally trying to get out of your WvW experience, but at the end of the day, the server that ANet crowns is the one with the most points. You have fun dueling? Great. I have fun winning. To each their own.

And what is this kitten about PVT? No one is telling anyone how to play their characters, but if you’re not winning fights because of you need to feel special and not roll an optimized build, you only have yourself to blame.

But dude, i am so cool because you know i play to enjoy not win even though i whine about losing 100 times in a matchup. Nah, winning is for losers, bro.

About my build? Dude, i am an Anarchist. Kitten the system. I roll my own builds. I lost because of my build? Well kitten you, it’s your fault that i lost. Like bro, i can easily own you 1v1 if you rolled by build. I can own all of you scrublords 1v1.

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

If it wasn’t for the “roamers” posting in this thread, I don’t think we would be at page 7 yet. LOL

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how PVT works.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Buzzcrave.6197

PVT with 50 man melee train in a 80 man blob that out-1s a 15-25 guild group. It’s insane when some people dare to bash on a guild that run small in numbers fighting 80 man, and saying that guild suck in open field when they lost a fight. Pugs or organized, that blob numbers+PVT is really hard to crack and don’t forget those chain ress on tons of defeated players really making blob busting way harder.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

man this thread is full of PvF roamer uplevels, wtf are you trolls doing? you guys are slacking. man i miss IRON TW and SOR trolls, i thought maguuma would destroy BG in PvF.

SOR where you at?

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: evrilysis.8549

evrilysis.8549

PVT with 50 man melee train in a 80 man blob that out-1s a 15-25 guild group. It’s insane when some people dare to bash on a guild that run small in numbers fighting 80 man, and saying that guild suck in open field when they lost a fight. Pugs or organized, that blob numbers+PVT is really hard to crack and don’t forget those chain ress on tons of defeated players really making blob busting way harder.

This only adds to the viability of rolling PVT. If you’re having trouble surviving then you should be investing in stats that beef you up. You’re only contributing to your server if you’re alive. Downed/dead players = 0 DPS.

Also, I wasn’t bashing on any smaller guilds. It’s really up to your server to rally with a commander. And if you’re running small ops then you shouldn’t be engaging zergs 3-4 times your group in the first place. We work with guilds that run solely small ops that actually encourage pugs to rally on the main commander instead of their groups. Shout out to JINX for consistently doing this.

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

We all like winning, we just define it differently. Some like to win via coverage wars and PPT, others like to solo and win most of their fights, others like to win at GvG, some like winning with roaming small group play, some like to hit large zergs with a handful of people. Either way we are all playing how we want and defining what our measure of success is.

It just so happens that only one of the items in the list above has nothing to do with personal skill and is entirely outside of any one persons control. It is the least personal form of winning in the game.

As for your other comment, I would say PVT is optimized in very few builds/roles unless you are optimizing for skill lag.

in Match-ups

Buzzcrave.6197

This only adds to the viability of rolling PVT. If you’re having trouble surviving then you should be investing in stats that beef you up. You’re only contributing to your server if you’re alive. Downed/dead players = 0 DPS.

Also, I wasn’t bashing on any smaller guilds. It’s really up to your server to rally with a commander. And if you’re running small ops then you shouldn’t be engaging zergs 3-4 times your group in the first place. We work with guilds that run solely small ops that actually encourage pugs to rally on the main commander instead of their groups. Shout out to JINX for consistently doing this.

You don’t get the point here. There is no way mag can bring up that number that your server have 24/7, outside of NA prime Mag is pretty much dead. Mag doesn’t have the coverage nor the numbers, so instead of playing the spamming 1 game, some of us try a different method. It does work at times, but when it is against a 50 man PVT melee in a 80 man blob, it’s hard to crack. One mistake, and we’re wiped. While you guys can have as many mistake as you want, but your numbers will carry you with the fight. And with the broken chain ressing mechanism, its even worst.

And if I take your suggestion, and make all the guild do PVT, do you think a 25 PVT can win against 50 PVT in a 80 man blob? Coverage yo. Much strong. Many people. Wow.

(edited by Buzzcrave.6197)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

So…any of you BG baddies gonna 1v1 me or you just gonna 5v1 and zergball?

I duel you. Are you roaming around 5pm est time today?

Can you somehow spin this into a Fightclub I may have been asleep during the last one so missed it.

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in Match-ups

Punny.9210

yes 25 can beat 50

i took this one last week ( Green won )

all you Mag is just solo roaming instead of playing as a big team.

Attachments:

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

yes 25 can beat 50

That is not what he asked, he asked:

do you think a 25 PVT can win against 50 PVT in a 80 man blob

Plus that isn’t 50 SoR by my count.

in Match-ups

Punny.9210

Someone need to learn how to count. kitten , why do I even bother having a conversation on this matter?

ofc numbers is not exactly the same but my point is u can beat with less numbers

but i dont think mag ever tries ….

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: MokoToko.6890

MokoToko.6890

People actively defending PVT as a viable meta strategy…

Bahahahahahaha! So what do you guys do in WvW, seriously?

“Okay, we’re going to just run up to them and spam 1 the fastest so they drop faster than we do. Even though there’s no skill lag, we’re so used to just running up and pushing 1 that it’s all we do these days, god forbid a spike damage group happens to catch us when its not a 3 way fight and the skill lag allows us to take advantage of our meta 1 spam.”

in Match-ups

So what do you guys do in WvW, seriously?

Like most people I run survivability builds during zerg encounters. No PVT, actually. I use Boon Duration. When I feel like roaming I switch to ’Zerker.

Do you bang your head against a wall and die with ’Zerker gear and damage skills during sieges? I ask, but given your post history, the answer is obviously yes.

You seemingly can’t fathom people switch gear, skills and traits when they play WvW. I know it’s a hard concept.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MokoToko.6890

MokoToko.6890

Do you bang your head against a wall and die with ’Zerker gear and damage skills during sieges? I ask, but given your post history, the answer is obviously yes.

I’m not sure what part of my post history told you I was running zerker gear, so that’s pretty weird right there. But being geared for higher damage then simply practicing better movement and you can do wonders. Much more than you could accomplish with PVT armor running through all of the damage.

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

I don’t really consider oPP a roaming guild. There are some good players in it, but most of the guild just sits on the island with as many people as they can and adds on fights.

Not really my battle as I’m not in oPP, but this seemed relevant.

We (AoN) were waiting for you to get a coordinated roaming team together on that BL, but it never ended up happening as far as we could tell.

EDIT: Every time I get suspended my forum signature disappears and won’t post despite still being in my “edit profile” box, anyone know why?

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

So what do you guys do in WvW, seriously?

Like most people I run survivability builds during zerg encounters. No PVT, actually. I use Boon Duration. When I feel like roaming I switch to ’Zerker.

You seemingly can’t fathom people switch gear, skills and traits when they play WvW. I know it’s a hard concept.

There’s a lot of misunderstanding going on here. Building for survivability is what you SHOULD be doing in a zerg context. In the vast majority of cases, glassier frontliners are a liability and usually rallybait. However, going along with what Rekka said earlier, you can most certainly build for survivability and self-sustain while maximizing your damage. For instance, my zerging guardian build sits at 21k HP, 1980 toughness, 67% crit damage, 1900 power, 22% crit chance, and 700+ healing power. I don’t die, even against the T1 megablobs, and yet I can still push out impressive damage numbers. Considering we fight outmanned 100% of the time in Gold League, our frontline needs to eek out as much damage as is feasible in order to force downed clumps. I guess my point is that gearing full PVT is 100% missing the point and is probably as un-min/maxed as you can get. It’s really a lazy way of gearing your character out.

Cannot believe I just made a completely serious post in this mess of poor trolling.

Edit: It’s also kind of funny going from fighting JQ, who is entirely glass and died like it was nobody’s business, to SoR and BG who apparently go the other extreme.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Edit: It’s also kind of funny going from fighting JQ, who is entirely glass and died like it was nobody’s business, to SoR and BG who apparently go the other extreme.

There’s no misunderstanding, just read Moto’s posts.

Also, hate to say, JQ has been having easy streaks for weeks now. They’ve probably been wearing ‘Zerker gear or using up-levels since their first week without SoR/BG. I’d be.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

We’ve been fighting t1 servers since the league started, except we roam on hardmode since we don’t have all the benefits that come with being a blob server. There may be complaints on the forums, but mag is a server that thrives on challenge. That’s why we are in gold league, and it’s why we roam with glassy builds in t1 and still succeed. Something you t1 roamers apparently weren’t able to do.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

Any chance we’ll see a 8-10 man riot roaming group this week?

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

There’s no misunderstanding, just read Moto’s posts.

Also, hate to say, JQ has been having easy streaks for weeks now. They’ve probably been wearing ‘Zerker gear or using up-levels since their first week without SoR/BG. I’d be.

More power to them, because it made wiping queue blobs with a 20-30 man easier than it is against lower-tier servers. You’d go into a bomb and all of a sudden 10-15 people would instantly drop.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Not meaning any disrespect, but cant ZDs run tagless and fight us?
that way both will enjoy the fights

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

One thing I’ve noticed is that any NN camp BG owns is like a bag pez dispenser. For some reason they religiously defend the thing with multiple scouts and call in a trickle of reinforcements everytime it’s attacked by a few people. Most of the time you can get 20-30+ bags and a bunch of post-banner supervisor kills with a party of 5 before they call in a 60+ man zerg (for some reason).

Would recommend it for any small group wanting to get tons of easy loot.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

kitten good to have you in the thread mag’s.

You’re like an upleveled SoR (before they were beaten in PvF aswell as WWW). The same disillusions of grandeur, just without any real chance of beating anyone.

Like a tiny little puppy barking it’s head of…. I know your mad and all, you’re just so kitten cute!!

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

without any real chance of beating anyone.

It’s cute that you think that when in reality we have already won.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

What is this thread? I don’t even…. I am speechless. We are ALL delusional, Alissa isn’t even in this matchup. Roaming doesn’t exist for anyone. Again, all the solo roamers complaining about x server not having solo roamers…. my head is going to explode. This thread, omg. I am so dumbfounded. Wow. Wow….. woooooow. Just…..wow.

I need a drink.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

It just so happens that only one of the items in the list above has nothing to do with personal skill and is entirely outside of any one persons control. It is the least personal form of winning in the game.

I think spvp/tpvp as game modes are more geared towards personal contribution and small group teamwork than WvW. If I’m in the mood to really test myself in that way I go do tournaments or just participate in spvp matches and try to make my individual presence relevant. My experience has been that the most skilled players in the game are tournament players so the challenge is always intense at the top levels of play.

WvW is more about working together as a server. I didn’t always see it that way but I’ve really had a change of heart over time. Now if I’m leading our group in WvW I’ll try to steer it towards making ourselves helpful to whatever the rest of our server is trying to achieve on the map.

I guess roaming around and fighting whoever we come across can be fun but I’ve done that a thousand times and it’s never really made us useful or contributed anything to the server. So now I’ll try to get the bloodlust buffs or I’ll try to cut off enemy reinforcements to a keep or a tower. Anything that I can think of to make myself useful to my server because if I’m not being useful then I’m just wasting a spot on the map.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

What is this thread? I don’t even…. I am speechless. We are ALL delusional, Alissa isn’t even in this matchup. Roaming doesn’t exist for anyone. Again, all the solo roamers complaining about x server not having solo roamers…. my head is going to explode. This thread, omg. I am so dumbfounded. Wow. Wow….. woooooow. Just…..wow.

I need a drink.

I’ll have whatever you are having. It’s a slow day.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Honestly, we haven’t been taking it easy the last, oh, week or so. We’ve ditched the uplevels and paper armor in favor of what we’ll need against BG. We’ve been mentally preparing for the match, as it’s too easy to get into the zombie karma train state, and let your personal skill level go down. Besides, there’s some decent guilds on all the T2 servers we played, who will not hesitate to murder you in the face. It’ll be more a switch of going back to being PPT-focused, and not just playing murderball on the ruins or N camp all week. We’re all looking forward to it, that said.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]