SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poliswag.8240

Poliswag.8240

Sorry, what gear set makes superior ballista, superior arrow cart, and cannon fire count as 0dps/0people?

The gearset that makes you not run to your buddies every time you start losing a fight. Also nice job taking a screenshot that will fit your argument, the time our zerg and the SoR zerg rolls past that tower.

That’s funny. As this was taking place, I was fighting an oPP s/d thief. There was an add, but he backed off pretty quickly after I kited a bit and I downed the thief. He got rezzed and then proceeded to do his best to run me down with multiples repeatedly. Luckily for me, this was one of those rare times where there were other Mags around me, and I got the stomp I was cheated out of before.

Don’t let them try and troll you.I have been fighting them for months and its always the same thing from them.If you want a good laugh watch their stream and hear them brag about how good they are,when they kill a up level in a 3v1.

They think they are a good BG guild like Riot is,but they fall short of it.

Probably a good 80% of our players are in both RIOT and oPP.

#Knowledge
#ThanksForTheComplimentBro

[IX][oPP] Poliswag – Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

after getting to play against sor+bg on reset i can say this is probably the funniest thing i have ever seen in gw2

claiming that t1na runs all ptv is wrong. there is no way they can run any kind of gear that has power even as minor stat.

I love the stigma against tanky players. WvW is about a team and our meta is made around AOE’s. Yes you get hit for 300 and laugh, but im hitting 5 people for 300 every second for 6 seconds. that’s 9k damage in 6 seconds.

Also stop disapproving T1 builds when you are tied with sos in last place.

trying to explain meta to me then pointing at scores lol :\

Attachments:

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

after getting to play against sor+bg on reset i can say this is probably the funniest thing i have ever seen in gw2

claiming that t1na runs all ptv is wrong. there is no way they can run any kind of gear that has power even as minor stat.

I love the stigma against tanky players. WvW is about a team and our meta is made around AOE’s. Yes you get hit for 300 and laugh, but im hitting 5 people for 300 every second for 6 seconds. that’s 9k damage in 6 seconds.

Also stop disapproving T1 builds when you are tied with sos in last place.

You do know who Scnd is, right?

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

Nice job popping orange swords mag roamers.

#Magmakinswords

again, taking screenshots when it fits your argument. Why didnt you get the one when you popped swords 30mins before that? There was about 15 mag “roamers” vs 10 BG.

That zerg is only there because you cause them.

Plz stop referring to NOVA and INC as mag “roamers”

That really is such a good picture, thanks.

Why don’t you roam inside jumping puzzle or go south camp? the siege can’t even hit you that far what’s with the complaint? by the way, you forgot to include our Champion lord and his gang in the tower.

Because your “roamers” are tower hugging that siege so it lets us laugh at them more? Do you guys not understand this is why you get /laugh’ed when you get 5v1’ed? Sitting on that siege is why in the unlikely event that you finally do agree to a 1v1, when some of us roam by we’re not making any promises.

But….but those siege are not for you. Are you expecting everyone on BG should be 1v1 roamer? go to pvp already please. We have more important business to do and scouting/seiging are important, that’s why BG,SOR,JQ are in T1 and not magugu.

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

I need to dust off my roaming gear, it has been so long. Got sick of starting a fight only to end up getting grouped on every single time… I am going to be so rusty though >.<

ayo! long time buddy. funnily, i just switched up to my roaming gear for this match up, too. ; )) though i probably wouldn’t wanna run into you. >:DDD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

I don’t really consider oPP a roaming guild. There are some good players in it, but most of the guild just sits on the island with as many people as they can and adds on fights.

Not really my battle as I’m not in oPP, but this seemed relevant.

Attachments:

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I don’t really consider oPP a roaming guild. There are some good players in it, but most of the guild just sits on the island with as many people as they can and adds on fights.

i love how you assume they’re there to build siege

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

Sorry, what gear set makes superior ballista, superior arrow cart, and cannon fire count as 0dps/0people?

The gearset that makes you not run to your buddies every time you start losing a fight. Also nice job taking a screenshot that will fit your argument, the time our zerg and the SoR zerg rolls past that tower.

That’s funny. As this was taking place, I was fighting an oPP s/d thief. There was an add, but he backed off pretty quickly after I kited a bit and I downed the thief. He got rezzed and then proceeded to do his best to run me down with multiples repeatedly. Luckily for me, this was one of those rare times where there were other Mags around me, and I got the stomp I was cheated out of before.

Don’t let them try and troll you.I have been fighting them for months and its always the same thing from them.If you want a good laugh watch their stream and hear them brag about how good they are,when they kill a up level in a 3v1.

#Knowledge

Hashtag’s really?My kid does that on her Facebook and she is 10.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

Is this the #1 PVF server could do? Whining about seiges, Nv1 in T1. Sheer disappointment. I guess one of you guys was right, you make the best out of that ability.

If you dislike we have people all over the maps, you may choose to go back to Canada.

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Where exactly did he say that?

Edit: If any of you want to stop zerging, theres a bunch of us at windmill.

(edited by celeron.3469)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

You have at least 3 guys on siege in the tower alone.

Oh, sorry, I forgot all of you were berserker. Siege is actually scary to you guys. What a bizarre world you live in.

3v3

That’s a neat picture. I have one for you as well!

#MaguumaDoesntZerg

lol win

plz l2count

The 2 players at the tower are probably afk or scouting for a possible inc sor zerg. You even counted the player all the way at the ruins… seriously? The fact is there are 4 Mag players ganking a single roamer. It is perfectly fine because every single server does this at several points in wvw on a daily basic. Just don’t pretend it is not happening when the screenshot clearly shows the scenario.

Do you even read? “7 BG NOT INCLUDING RUINS DUDE

Here’s a new version with the forum post blocking the chat for you.
http://i.imgur.com/k6P33cU.jpg

And no, it’s not a single roamer, the guy taking the picture escaped and the guys at spawn died and the tower guys not only camped that siege, they expanded it without being attacked. We don’t WANT your tower.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Match-ups

Poliswag.8240

#Knowledge

I’ve been making fun of “Player Character” for theirs. Keep up, bud.

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

#Knowledge

I’ve been making fun of “Player Character” for theirs. Keep up, bud.

#T1dontgetit

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I know we can all never be friends, but it’s important to consider “roaming” from the point of view of both Mag and BG…

When it comes to roaming on the big 3, you’re in constant fear of getting zerged over, or at least dealing with a couple of adds. As such, a lot of t1 roamers run tankier builds that have better sustain and more defensive mechanics. Unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of running as glassy as Mag wishes we did.

If you want to go on and on about how your build from two metas ago is more skillful, that’s fine. We honestly don’t care. Go ahead and cripple yourself in the spirit of your guild’s definition of skill. That’s your prerogative. Just don’t blame us for your losses when you refuse to adapt.

From my experience so far your groups are mostly tank warriors and zerker everything else. And also immobalize/cc spam.

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

AoN was excited to see RIOT or oPP. They are probably sitting there waiting for some more to show up. Type in guild that AoN wants to fight or something.

They are the best 5-10 man group I’ve seen, fought, or run with, so you should indulge them.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

AoN was excited to see RIOT or oPP. They are probably sitting there waiting for some more to show up. Type in guild that AoN wants to fight or something.

They are the best 5-10 man group I’ve seen, fought, or run with, so you should indulge them.

oPP was pretty excited as well, but you guys wont separate. oPP cannot field 10 to fight your 10.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

I know we can all never be friends, but it’s important to consider “roaming” from the point of view of both Mag and BG…

When it comes to roaming on the big 3, you’re in constant fear of getting zerged over, or at least dealing with a couple of adds. As such, a lot of t1 roamers run tankier builds that have better sustain and more defensive mechanics. Unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of running as glassy as Mag wishes we did.

If you want to go on and on about how your build from two metas ago is more skillful, that’s fine. We honestly don’t care. Go ahead and cripple yourself in the spirit of your guild’s definition of skill. That’s your prerogative. Just don’t blame us for your losses when you refuse to adapt.

From my experience so far your groups are mostly tank warriors and zerker everything else. And also immobalize/cc spam.

and what is wrong with that …..

btw do you have any blob guild that love open field like IRON ?

I have a tough luck so far …. when i eventually got in the map … i counldn’t find any mag zerg / blob at all …. all i could see are a few roamers that got pushed by BG pugs to their spawn camp… and game over. ( ofc we outnumbered )

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

oPP was pretty excited as well, but you guys wont separate. oPP cannot field 10 to fight your 10.

AoN runs 7-8. If you whispered any of those AoN, I’m sure the rage and VR would have stepped off to let you play.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

It’s fine Cyy, Mag really doesn’t ‘roam’ any different to how we ‘roam’. They might think they do things differently but the number game is the same from both sides.

We have a bunch that roam solo and we have a bunch that run in small groups, either way… sometimes you fight 1 and sometimes you fight 10. So be it… Just deal with it.

The only 2 differences I personally see between Blackgate and Mags roamers are that they like to post for each kill that they get (which is luckily not all that much) and the other difference is that we’re a bit tankier due to us playing with zergs more.

Other then that.. nothing new, nothing different. It’s been fun to see more roamers, that’s for sure

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

Oh, sorry, I forgot all of you were berserker. Siege is actually scary to you guys. What a bizarre world you live in.

3v3

#MaguumaDoesntZerg

lol win

plz l2count

The 2 players at the tower are probably afk or scouting for a possible inc sor zerg. You even counted the player all the way at the ruins… seriously? The fact is there are 4 Mag players ganking a single roamer. It is perfectly fine because every single server does this at several points in wvw on a daily basic. Just don’t pretend it is not happening when the screenshot clearly shows the scenario.

And no, it’s not a single roamer, the guy taking the picture escaped and the guys at spawn died and the tower guys not only camped that siege, they expanded it without being attacked. We don’t WANT your tower.

It is only your assumption to defend your invalid argument. Those 2 opp members at the spawn tend to go afk a couple of times. I know because I roam with them occasionally. Also they are not building siege to defend themselves against few roamers. You still got a lot to learn from t1. Don’t worry you’ll probably learn something by the end of this week.

You haven’t been following the discussion, even opp will say they had at least 4 people there. The tags in the tower weren’t opp so… ya. Your own guys on the forum have also posted pictures showing your map chat fearing that 10 vr/aon are building siege in ruins (while the picture clearly shows 8|). You shouldn’t even care if SoR came and capped that tower. It would let you pop siegerazor for a zerg supply refill to siege up the keep which you owned and the tower is paper. If you want actual fights then say so, but your own bragging about 3v1’ing in ruins and then sitting in range of that siege is not going to make us go out of our way to open field fight you in exactly even numbers when I can just laugh at every guy who runs through the portal while guys camp inside the tower with 2 sup ballistas, 1 regular ballista, 1 sup ac, cannon, and treb.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Anyone else noticed this whole thread is Mag and BG going back and forth?

Now for the obligatory hashtag so I can look cool.

#hashtagsmakemeboss

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

Anyone else noticed this whole thread is Mag and BG going back and forth?

Now for the obligatory hashtag so I can look cool.

#hashtagsmakemeboss

SoR who?

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

It’s fine Cyy, Mag really doesn’t ‘roam’ any different to how we ‘roam’. They might think they do things differently but the number game is the same from both sides.

We have a bunch that roam solo and we have a bunch that run in small groups, either way… sometimes you fight 1 and sometimes you fight 10. So be it… Just deal with it.

The only 2 differences I personally see between Blackgate and Mags roamers are that they like to post for each kill that they get (which is luckily not all that much) and the other difference is that we’re a bit tankier due to us playing with zergs more.

Other then that.. nothing new, nothing different. It’s been fun to see more roamers, that’s for sure

I agree. It is a lot more fun with this many roamers from maguuma. I’m looking forward for more encounters against them.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

read chat

in Match-ups

Poliswag.8240

3v3

#MaguumaDoesntZerg

lol win

plz l2count

It is only your assumption to defend your invalid argument. Those 2 opp members at the spawn tend to go afk a couple of times. I know because I roam with them occasionally. Also they are not building siege to defend themselves against few roamers. You still got a lot to learn from t1. Don’t worry you’ll probably learn something by the end of this week.

You haven’t been following the discussion, even opp will say they had at least 4 people there. The tags in the tower weren’t opp so… ya. Your own guys on the forum have also posted pictures showing your map chat fearing that 10 vr/aon are building siege in ruins (while the picture clearly shows 8|). You shouldn’t even care if SoR came and capped that tower. It would let you pop siegerazor for a zerg supply refill to siege up the keep which you owned and the tower is paper. If you want actual fights then say so, but your own bragging about 3v1’ing in ruins and then sitting in range of that siege is not going to make us go out of our way to open field fight you in exactly even numbers when I can just laugh at every guy who runs through the portal while guys camp inside the tower with 2 sup ballistas, 1 regular ballista, 1 sup ac, cannon, and treb.

Actually those two in my picture were afk, and I had just come back from showing my toilet in gold and stepped out of the tower to see that image. Selective memory must be nice for your self esteem though, no? Keep at it buddy!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

IDK how you even stayed alive.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

It’s alright guys, let Maguuma think they’re good at roaming since it’s really all they have going for them really. They’ve hardly owned their own garrison and have little to no idea on how to take/defend a keep… Hopefully next season they’ll give us all a better competition, just sayin’. :/

The appropriate way to take/defend a keep seems to be “bring 80 people” according to the T1 meta.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Great fight we had with you earlier AoN near NW tower on SoR BL. You guys rock! Sorry if there were any adds but that’s how it goes in this T1 craziness as Im sure you know. SoR came flying in there not long after lol.

/salute

Was great fun. SoR ruined more then a few good fights tonight with their blobs running in, hope you guys escaped towards your spawn when they came flying in.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lemrish.5970

Lemrish.5970

Very disappointed. Past 2 pages filled with Mag raging about specs and posting screenshots with diagrams trying desperately to prove a point. Where your trolls at?

I am missing the TW/IRON trolls from yesterweeks.

Trolled SoR to Tier 7
Click on my post history for tips on trolling kthnxbai

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

I agree. It is a lot more fun with this many roamers from maguuma. I’m looking forward for more encounters against them.

While streaming this morning on the SoR borderland we bumped into AoN and Rage quite a few times while also trying to pick a fight with a 20 man SoR zerg at north camp. I really enjoy those 3 way fights but at the same time it’s sad that know that it was pretty much the only place where we could get a fight.

Like, I can talk kitten about dreztina.4820 all day and how I’ve gotten a bunch of bags from him but he’s atleast out there trying. So thanks for fighting, it’s something we don’t see a lot in tier 1. Normally people give up rather quickly…

Also I had a chat with some of the Mag guys, it’s been interesting to listen to how you guys experience it.

Either way, it’s been fun to see a lot less zergs but boring too at the same time since SoR is out hiding and Mag just doesn’t have the same server population so you fight the same peeps for quite a while.

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

read chat

His name is the same as his account name. That isn’t him. So your “you” is incorrect.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Like, I can talk kitten about dreztina.4820 all day and how I’ve gotten a bunch of bags from him but he’s atleast out there trying. So thanks for fighting, it’s something we don’t see a lot in tier 1. Normally people give up rather quickly…

I think you’re understating how many bags I’ve been dropping. Probably by a factor of three or four.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

That guy in southwest tower on SoR BL has been sitting on that AC and cannon and ballista for hours, just switching between the three and shooting at small groups lmao.

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

Very disappointed. Past 2 pages filled with Mag raging about specs and posting screenshots with diagrams trying desperately to prove a point. Where your trolls at?

If you don’t want somebody to point things out on a screenshot, don’t post a screenshot claiming a mesmer is 4 people.

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

That guy in southwest tower on SoR BL has been sitting on that AC and cannon and ballista for hours, just switching between the three and shooting at small groups lmao.

Every time you go close to an objective tonight some clown was standing there waiting to shoot you with something. Maps are so small when you start factoring in the huge siege ring around each objective.

in Match-ups

Posted by: keelhaul.8039

keelhaul.8039

fun fights PYRO ty

/salute

[OnS] Carpal Tunnel – Ele
[OnS] C A R P A L – Norn Guardian Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

It’s alright guys, let Maguuma think they’re good at roaming since it’s really all they have going for them really. They’ve hardly owned their own garrison and have little to no idea on how to take/defend a keep… Hopefully next season they’ll give us all a better competition, just sayin’. :/

Number 1 post NA. Please keep telling us about our PPT.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

Every time you go close to an objective tonight some clown was standing there waiting to shoot you with something. Maps are so small when you start factoring in the huge siege ring around each objective.

I believe that was a scout. Someone please teach these magugus the basic of scouting in T1. They seem to be surprised by the number of our scouts and their little pastime activities.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Not enough PvF ….man screenshots and everything….I think T1 is rubbing off on Mag, I thought they hated screenies and vids….I guess dem #T2tatics just isn’t good enough these days.

P.S. This 2 week BF4 vacation is almost over…5 more days

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Number 1 post NA. Please keep telling us about our PPT.

PPT or Points Per Tick refers to the scoring system present in the video game Guild Wars 2, it is used to calculate a winner in the game mode World Versus World or WvW. Points per tick is calculated every 15 minutes to ensure enough time for objectives which grant PPT such as towers, keeps or supply camps to be captured by a world and held “for the tick”.

PPT is a way in which players can measure their server’s success at any given time. Higher PPT often means that your server is “Winning” or “Dominating” the other two. Often when not winning the “PPT” losing servers often revert to the futile position and complain that the other server is “stacked”.

For more WvW definitions please refer to the GW2wiki.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

I believe that was a scout. Someone please teach these magugus the basic of scouting in T1. They seem to be surprised by the number of our scouts and their little pastime activities.

All servers have tower humping siege monkeys, not just T1. Tonight was just particularly invasive.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GreyWolf.6409

GreyWolf.6409

They have been reprimanded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNqKrX1sx8
They are currently on probation and will be evaluated shortly.

However, any of you build fanatics or “roamers” will find that SOR is a server who has a large diverse base of players. I use the term “roamer” loosely as you seem to think that entails overwhelming your opponent with larger numbers.

Now give me some sugar.

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

However, any of you build fanatics or “roamers” will find that SOR is a server who has a large diverse base of players. I use the term “roamer” loosely as you seem to think that entails overwhelming your opponent with larger numbers.

BG seems a lot more diverse than SoR so far. SoR is more like JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

Good duels at the WM in SoR BL tonight. Thanks for the practice Attunement! Much appreciated!

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

FrownyClown.8402

Don’t worry poli. I believe you. I went against this Ele during the couple of minutes I was roaming yesterday (party up with you later that night) and defeated her so easily on 1v1. I’m sure a skillful engi like you does so too.

We never fought. O.o I was looking for you, but the only time I saw you alone you were running on the bridge, but when I attacked, there was nothing there.

I did fought you, wasn’t you a black colored human ele with d/d condition food?

That was me! Did you enjoy my perplex cheese?

I was wrong u fought a different condi ele. QQ

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

All servers have tower humping siege monkeys, not just T1. Tonight was just particularly invasive.

Cuz tonight you did not get any candy?

I am always one of those monkeys you’re talking about. I don’t care if you’re the roamers or headless pug. Not that everyone has to play in your way to please you.
Perhaps you’ve invasively attacked our pvx players just like what you did in the screenie and in return the wvwers invasively seige trolled you?

in Match-ups

FrownyClown.8402

just gonna leave this here…

Attachments:

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

FrownyClown.8402

hahah i don’t think I wanna solo roam anymore.

Attachments:

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

So many tears from Maguuma.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

just gonna leave this here…

That’s how I roamed in Mag BL on Saturday night… (Saturday am US)

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com