Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

90 PPT on the weekend? R.I.P SoR

weird. Mine’s showing 315 ppt.. please send flowers to the R.I.P SoR fund so we can buy some sodas for our troops.

@Pot, my dear friend Gayle Gray says I cant use the forums as much as I used to. And it’s boring seeing the same people whine daily, then accuse of 2v1, then brag about shooting an ac into a mob and getting bags, then claim hax when they lose. Miss ju!

quotes of the week

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

For those of us that didn’t understand the paper tiger reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_tiger

That said, welcome IRON to NA T1, this week might bring us the competitive 1v1v1 matchup we’ve been wanting!

JQ has medals triple or quadruple of SoR and BG tally combined. Nothing about that substantiates your point

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: OZFugazi.6178

OZFugazi.6178

:)

RISE comes to GoM T7. ?

comical.

(has to be a different RISE.. just has to be) haha.

in Match-ups

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

Judging by teamspeak there must have been like 4 blackgate players there. A real shame!

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in Match-ups

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Score Update 11:15 PST

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

IRON really doing there work it seems and the scary part is they still have 60 more members to transfer over. As we all know though the war is won during the working week so lets hope everyone stays strong!

How many Iron members transferred over? Just curious

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

Don’t get your hopes up too high SoR, BG will win this week.

Challenge accepted.

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Final exam #1 in the morning. #2 Tuesday morning. #3 Wednesday evening. See you Thursday night, Wv3…

Attachments:

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in Match-ups

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

You mean WM doesn’t even play in their timezone and plays in EU instead to PvD and avoid competition.

Do you know most of our oceanic stay from gmt+8 around 8pm until late night, very late night? Do they have to go to sleep just because you would say they pvdoor? Then ask TW and the rest of your NA crew go to bed as well. SOR players work overtime every weekend and BG players can’t do the same every day? What a logic.
Give some respect to players who are really dedicated to contribute to their servers and stop trash talking. Don’t make me despise your guild and server more. I already look down upon you all because of some of the forum warriors your server throw out here. Bad attitude, just zip it and go out fight.

While I agree with most of you post. Don’t blame entire guilds and entire servers because of a few bad forum warriors. Its an indication of your own character as well. If its okay for you to do it, why can’t an opposing server? I don’t think its fair to blame entire servers or guilds because of an individual.

I think its a really funny dynamic going on this forum. One guy say something then suddenly ppl read it as if the rest of the server/guild said it

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Score update

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update attached

LOVE tower has been restored…. LOVE will always keep this tower… it’s ours!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Greshmael.1498

Greshmael.1498

This was just after we took North Supply in BG Borderlands. I’m not trying to troll, I just thought it was funny enough to share. Appreciate the great fights BG and JQ :-)

Attachments:

Greshmael Draelock
Vice Warlord of Sinister Swarm [SIN] – SOR
“Success in WvW is not measured in loot bags.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

JQ has medals triple or quadruple of SoR and BG tally combined. Nothing about that substantiates your point

Sea of Sorrows also has more medals then SoR and BG, yet there a dead server plummeting through the tiers. The medals system on millenium.org is useless so dont take pride in it.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

^ You are totally correct. Nobody should take pride in gold medals, trophies, championship rings, medals, ribbons.

The whole notion is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediculous…

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: daedalus.9814

daedalus.9814

Sea of Sorrows also has more medals then SoR and BG, yet there a dead server plummeting through the tiers. The medals system on millenium.org is useless so dont take pride in it.

SOS has plateaued at tier 4 and will be back in tier 3 in a few weeks at our current rate. Just because a server is not tier one hardly means there dead.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Ah SoS, still my most hated server barely above SBI !

You never know, you might be back in T1 in a couple months. As the game gets older and summer around the corner, the environment can change rapidly.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

SOS has plateaued at tier 4 and will be back in tier 3 in a few weeks at our current rate. Just because a server is not tier one hardly means there dead.

More like a few months. Point gap is too much.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tam.3146

Tam.3146

So let’s compare the 3 EU guilds that has made a huge impact in NA T1 (this is my perspective as a BG asian player that stays up very late in wvw):

HB (less than 30) – came to BlackGate with their turtle strat meta, pvDoors their way carrying BG to T1 (SBIvJQvBG). Evolved into a NA EST – PST timezone for actual competetion aka fighting organize guilds.
RG (less than 30) – came to JadeQuarry for a week to skirmish, may have change how NA open fields zvz, could have stayed in JQ to farm kills much easier lol.
IRON (more than 30) – perhaps the largest EU force to date in T1 SoR, dpending on which timezone they choose to play, I hope they find the competetion they are looking for.

You should also mention VoTF

For Dolyaks Glory
Not Yet Solved[NYS] SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

Score update, oceanic prime time ( 8:46 pm, Melbourne)

interesting ppt for SoR

Attachments:

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

SoR’s hardwork is finally showing

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Ah SoS, still my most hated server barely above SBI !

You never know, you might be back in T1 in a couple months. As the game gets older and summer around the corner, the environment can change rapidly.

Don’t lie you love us

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flawed Victory.4321

Flawed Victory.4321

You mean WM doesn’t even play in their timezone and plays in EU instead to PvD and avoid competition.

Do you know most of our oceanic stay from gmt+8 around 8pm until late night, very late night? Do they have to go to sleep just because you would say they pvdoor? Then ask TW and the rest of your NA crew go to bed as well. SOR players work overtime every weekend and BG players can’t do the same every day? What a logic.
Give some respect to players who are really dedicated to contribute to their servers and stop trash talking. Don’t make me despise your guild and server more. I already look down upon you all because of some of the forum warriors your server throw out here. Bad attitude, just zip it and go out fight.

While I agree with most of you post. Don’t blame entire guilds and entire servers because of a few bad forum warriors. Its an indication of your own character as well. If its okay for you to do it, why can’t an opposing server? I don’t think its fair to blame entire servers or guilds because of an individual.

I think its a really funny dynamic going on this forum. One guy say something then suddenly ppl read it as if the rest of the server/guild said it

I apologize if u feel uncomfortable about it. but think about your server and the other server who previously accused the whole bg server for spying and other trash stuff I dont even want to list. i hope the others who feel the same as you do would think about what you said next time if they want to talk about “bg server” because of individual attitude or the like.
seriously, think about that.

and honestly, i dont respect majority of sor community because a lot of things I’ve witnessed and experienced. Don’t take this seriously, it is just my feeling nd i am insignificant.
cheers

in Match-ups

Posted by: washu.8670

washu.8670

Heh, thought SoR never pull overtime shifts how do you even define hardwork, heck the previous SoR posters here criticizes WM for playing too much wvw. The 3 come from behind wins by BG is what I call true hardwork and dedication.

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Heh, thought SoR never pull overtime shifts how do you even define hardwork, heck the previous SoR posters here criticizes WM for playing too much wvw. The 3 come from behind wins by BG is what I call true hardwork and dedication.

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to say.

in Match-ups

Posted by: washu.8670

washu.8670

haha true

here

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

haha true

here

They are criticizing WM for not playing their timezone (SEA) and they are instead playing other timezones (EU) in an attempt to avoid competition. It has nothing to do with overtime.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I always thought guilds could play when they want. I never knew there was some unwritten honor code about when a guild does or does not log. All is fair in love and war.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sanchez.4017

Sanchez.4017

I think personally that is called morale boast rather than hard work. It’s something like in soccer match, the morale of the team heightened so much after scoring a goal and they just want to keep the ball rolling.

Anyway, very nice fights from all 3 servers. BG has become more tactical. JQ has shown their never give up spirit and surprise. SoR finally shown its true colour far beyond anyone expectations. This is what kept WvW alive for so long.

PS: Just don’t burn yourself out, SoR. Slow and steady win the long run

From Kasumi

Ghost Scout – You can’t kill what you can’t see.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I always thought guilds could play when they want. I never knew there was some unwritten honor code about when a guild does or does not log. All is fair in love and war.

I agree with you, they can play whenever they want. I just think people find it funny they started playing in SEA, then bounced to Oceanic, then bounced to NA finding themselves ineffective in every time slot. They finally ended up playing in the EU time slot (where they admittedly are effective).

They came to tier 1 for the competition, no?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

They are criticizing WM for not playing their timezone (SEA) and they are instead playing other timezones (EU) in an attempt to avoid competition. It has nothing to do with overtime.

If their goal is to effect PPT as much as possible with the least possible effort then it would make sense to attack wherever there is the least resistance.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crimedawg.8954

Crimedawg.8954

I think personally that is called morale boast rather than hard work. It’s something like in soccer match, the morale of the team heightened so much after scoring a goal and they just want to keep the ball rolling.

Anyway, very nice fights from all 3 servers. BG has become more tactical. JQ has shown their never give up spirit and surprise. SoR finally shown its true colour far beyond anyone expectations. This is what kept WvW alive for so long.

From Kasumi

Love Kasumi!

I can only speak for myself but the competition in T1 has gone up a couple notches recently. Mass credit to each server for adjusting and coming up with new strats. Of course the arrow cart issue makes things a bit out of whack but in the open field this tier is jumpin!

Look forward to continued battles with BG and JQ.

Oh, what is with all the WM hate? Much respect to WM!

Cheers!

[Tsym] – Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall
Running 15 in a BL near you

in Match-ups

Posted by: LethalxKiller.3571

LethalxKiller.3571

Im waiting to see if SoR can hold first this week, which would be interesting if we had a new #1 every week in t1. It will be between the 3 current servers but would still be awesome and competitive.

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

I agree with you, they can play whenever they want. I just think people find it funny they started playing in SEA, then bounced to Oceanic, then bounced to NA finding themselves ineffective in every time slot. They finally ended up playing in the EU time slot (where they admittedly are effective).

They came to tier 1 for the competition, no?

They play in all 3 timezones and always have.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

BATTTTTTTLES!

Snuggle everyone fiercely! I believe in us all!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Saw JQs omen on SoR, did they officially move?

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Im waiting to see if SoR can hold first this week, which would be interesting if we had a new #1 every week in t1. It will be between the 3 current servers but would still be awesome and competitive.

That would be very cool. This is what we all should want in T1.

That said, in a few hours is when BG had the numbers last week in a particular timeslot ticking close to 450-500ppt for hours on end which they utililized to full advantage to take away the 10k lead JQ held going into Monday. That key timeslot is approaching. Will SOR / JQ have sufficient forces to prevent this from happening another week? We’ll soon find out!

in Match-ups

Posted by: assasin of warr.9517

assasin of warr.9517

90 PPT on the weekend? R.I.P SoR

Yeah, we’re only ticking 350 right now. We sure are dead.

Thanks Iron. I can’t wait until the rest of you get here. We’re starting to tick the weekend like we do NA prime.

Give em hell SOR.

y its going awesome. i had rlly alot of fun in the weekend. Big probs to moorta for being a genius in the fights. Lets hope the week is as good?

Cmon SOR keep those points in the week

Cosmic force

cosmic force
elementalist for The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Proud member (mesmer ofc) for YOLO.

in Match-ups

assasin of warr.9517

I don’t get it, did the addition of one EU guild really kickstart SOR that much? Of course I am very happy for my server and grateful to IRON for having the balls to transfer to the underdog server, but I’m hoping this power is sustainable past this weekend and that people aren’t burning themselves out through long hours. And if it is, lets be more classy about it than JQ/BG have been. “Winning” has always been a numbers/coverage issue rather than skill. A trash server would never have made it to T1.

Lets see what it give on the end of the week. then we rrlly know whats the diffrence

But lets hope it stays like this

cosmic force

in Match-ups

assasin of warr.9517

I don’t get it, did the addition of one EU guild really kickstart SOR that much? Of course I am very happy for my server and grateful to IRON for having the balls to transfer to the underdog server, but I’m hoping this power is sustainable past this weekend and that people aren’t burning themselves out through long hours. And if it is, lets be more classy about it than JQ/BG have been. “Winning” has always been a numbers/coverage issue rather than skill. A trash server would never have made it to T1.

I don’t know if there is overtime, but I think regardless IRON will make SoR more competitive for 2 reasons:
1. They are a really good guild.
2. They tie into SoR’s already strong NA. SoR while still the underdog coverage wise, has a 2 timezone tie in. The Euro will tie into the NA, which will create a strong combo of high ppt for almost 12 hours.

Big probs to you guys too. keeping presure on all borders is awesome job. i rlly hope we make a diffrence and we only gonna be able to see that at the end of the week

Cosmic force

cosmic force

in Match-ups

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

I think thats a different Omen, cant confirm tho, need to see them again

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

From Kasumi

The thing is….. we are not playing overtime, we have true 24/7 coverage now, and NYS is back from vacation also, so our SEA presence is back to normal.

We were well aware of what burnout can lead to, so we bided our time until we can stay competitive without going crazy. Having high morale helps also.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I think thats a different Omen, cant confirm tho, need to see them again

Haven’t heard anything about this, but the omen I know of is still playing for JQ in WvW.

in Match-ups

assasin of warr.9517

Honestly, anything to make the tier more balanced is fun.

Lets hope no server in T1 ever runs away with it again.

A final score with all servers within 10k, and any week the #1 spot being up for grabs would be amazing.

y that was 1 of the reasons why we choose SOR we didnt want to create a stomp server

Cosmic force

cosmic force

in Match-ups

assasin of warr.9517

Btw – if that holds throughout the week SoR is getting first.

You can’t overcome 12 hours of PPT dominance. If IRON is allowing them to tick for 400 earlier than 12 PM, and SoR usually is at 300 until at least 12 AM, then… Well that was predicted. SoR should be high 300’s on average at NA prime now that they don’t have to work on expansion and upgrades, as EU will be delivering all that to the already strongest NA server. And of course, with the new AC meta…

Ah, but such is Coverage Wars: AC Edition.

So you mean like IRON is right now? That’s no way to treat your new transfers.

IRON is an EU guild yknow

But i think its a valid tactic to win the ppt game

My point was the PvD’ing. He states that BG has no natural EU presence and that EU timeslot is PvD’ing. If SoR has the tick then he’s really saying IRON is PvD’ing. I’m just pointing out what he probably inadvertently said. Frightening to think they’re still in the process of transferring.

Dude plz dotn cry about ac’s i checked the keeps and evry keep of evry server even mine use AC’s they just too strong atm.

Cosmic Force

cosmic force

in Match-ups

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

score update (Asian Prime time)
A lots of great battle on JQ BL…it’s was epic to witness [IRON]+ other SoR guilds fight team Waha

i must said, as a JQ militia, IRON is pretty scary.

Attachments:

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

(edited by hplee.2839)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings us for a new meta.

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarin Twisted.4183

Tarin Twisted.4183

Errmahgerd….I cannot wait for the drama in this thread to hit full kitten this week.

If only I had time to go back in time and cut and paste what the forum warriors in these update threads say week in week out to show just how hilarious it all is…alas I must mostly troll during breaks at work.

I am excited for SoR and T1 to have some serious balance but be forewarned SoR…your past may come back to haunt you…

P.S. Please fix arrow cats so I have interest in playing WvW again ANET.

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

What is this past you speaketh of Tarin?

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

P.S. Please fix arrow cats so I have interest in playing WvW again ANET.

Arrow cats? I want a bow that shoots those.

#TeamJadeQuarry