Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Grats to SoR.
I can’t wait for the reset.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Be a smartkitten if you want.
Those transfers are all heading to us right now, it’s up to ya’ll

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Listening to an Australian chick sing on Team Speak at 8:30 AM.

SoR > All

shes actually quite good, might be a spy though, we lost 100 points since then ..

Totally worth it

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Score Update

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

Whatever the case may be for each server, be transparent with the movement otherwise this fragile balance will get skewed before anyone even knows what happened.

I think it’s fair no one wants to see SoR, or BG, or JQ in a position of unquestionable dominance again purely due to coverage.

What fragile balance? There is no balance right now and balance won’t be coming to T1 for a long while. EU guilds rarely ever move to NA servers.

Look, John is one of the behind the scenes guys on SoR who’s trying to help keep things comfortable for everyone. If you guys work with him a little instead of crabbing we might actually GET balance instead of having to COMPLAIN about it.
KnT, SF, you guys can manage to act like grownups sometimes. Somebody wanna give him a whisper, we’re getting a fair-sized amount of bites from guilds outside the tier here. It’s time to end the cycle of t1.

I completely agree, T1 coverage wars has created this vicious cycle for a long time. I have hope this time, because every single server here is a hardened veteran of T1, and we all understand the terrible risk you take when you start recruiting. JQ, at least, has lost Rawnoodles, who was constantly recruiting additional off-hours teams even during the period of dominance that we had. Rest assured that we will not make the same mistake.

BG has trimmed a lot of the excess fat from their previous transfers several months ago, and I have the utmost confidence in their server leaders as well. SoR of course has already shown their maturity and desire for a balanced tier.

On the subject of transfers though, I will say one thing, try not to judge the state of the tier too directly just after a tranfer. Transfers have the dual effect of both adding numbers to a server, and revitalizing the existing population of the server, something we saw weeks ago with WM/Meow/RISE, and something we are seeing this week with IRON.

Every one of our servers has a fairly significant amount of latent population that always seems to show itself when they draw the transfer card. I know that many of the leaders on JQ have decided to wait and see how the tier ends up before we finalize any transfers, and I would recommend that others do the same. If another server gets transfers that seem to utterly unbalance the tier, let the dust clear before rushing to get more guilds.

[IX]

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

We aren’t actively recruiting, never have.
They are coming nonetheless, and having answers for them before they ask is best.
This situation is only marginally in our hands.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

I would like a few words with those saying IRON carried SoR.

IRON did not carry SoR. No, they strapped us to a rocket and blasted us into first. It was horrific! They come here saying they just want to sell us girl scout cookies and wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am the next thing we know we wake up strapped to this rocket flying at mach 3 about to land in god knows where, surrounded by god knows what, armed with nothing but a toothpick and a banana.

Yep, it was that cool honestly.

And yeah…. I have 27 unconfirmed kills with my toothpick.

This post is the best post I’ve ever read.

Was great fun this week, we over at IRON loved it and are looking forward to many more fights this week.

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarin Twisted.4183

Tarin Twisted.4183

First time back in WvW since the initial arrow cart change with the update to siege taking 50% less damage…two superior rams and a golem melted by three arrow carts and the gate got to 20% damaged…lol.

WTG SoR! Some much needed off hours coverage has really helped your strong NA show what it is like to not have to come into T3 keeps any longer. How does it feel to be on the fully fortified going into prime time side now?

Hopefully a few guild transfers will help bring a bit of balance to that timezone over the next couple weeks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I wonder what happens when JQ meets DB…

One way to find out! SOR and JQ needs to double team BG for the next couple weeks to get DB to replace them! ;D

I prefer having BG in T1 instead of Dragonbandwagon. BG earned being up there and all DB does is talking right now.

It was a joke man, notice the smiley

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

SoR > All

shes actually quite good, might be a spy though, we lost 100 points since then ..

LOL true

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Look how cool Renny is today!

DON’T BLINK GUYS!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

WHERE ARE ALL MY SCORE UPDATES? WHERE ARE YOU CUDDLESTRIKE?

I’m hiding!

DON’T TELL ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Don’t blink… they’ll get you….

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

DON’T BLINK GUYS!

I thought I was large for an Asura… yikes!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

DON’T BLINK GUYS!

Renny will never be cool, and karps’ guardian is one ugly SOB

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

DON’T BLINK GUYS!

Fun box of lols :P

Karp’s asura scares me! Especially when its huge!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

DON’T BLINK GUYS!

Fun box of lols :P

Karp’s asura scares me! Especially when its huge!

Thanks for the photo op last night btw. Got a couple of my own, just trying to figure out how to get them signed.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Morbidi.9728

Morbidi.9728

Gratz SoR on your well deserved win and welcome to T1 IRON. Its been fun fighting you the few times we have faced you. See you all on reset…and may your armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

Sincerely,
Morb (JQ Janitor)

Morb The Demon-Charr Guardian
CAIN GM-JQ Commander Since Launch
“If you’re scared…port Citadel”

(edited by Morbidi.9728)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tiesto.9084

Tiesto.9084

Sea JQ Fight !

Attachments:

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

DON’T BLINK GUYS!

Renny will never be cool, and karps’ guardian is one ugly SOB

Ice ice baby!

And its better the me saying how rock hard Renny is today..

and yeah Karp’s asura seriously scares me… gonna have nightmares one day :P

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Sea JQ Fight !

Fun fact: JQ need to hold a +542 or more PPT lead over BG to overtake them in-time for reset (a little less if you flip every sentry and kill every yak).

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Even though the score is a tad lopsided, am I the only one who likes where T1 is going? I haven’t had this much fun in WvW in a long time. Some of my most memorable fights are against your guilds—you know who you are. Here’s to SoR, my former server: cheers! In your honor I will repeat a limerick:

There once was a server named Sanctum
To counter their enemies they flank them

But their diet was weak
It was IRON they need

Now they nutriciously spank them

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crimedawg.8954

Crimedawg.8954

Grats Sanctum of Rall !!! Well deserved win and giant salute to all those guilds and Rallians that stuck to the server for so long. An outstanding environment has been built up here and everyone is always willing to help where/when needed. Take the time to sip some ale and enjoy it!

With that first win out of the way, time to move on and continue to give JQ and BG hell around every corner while remembering to respect and /salute our opponents.

Oh, and please continue those workshops …..

wink wink

[Tsym] – Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall
Running 15 in a BL near you

in Match-ups

Posted by: Victor.7354

Victor.7354

Footage from this week:

http://youtu.be/Iu3Znt97rjA

Ex-Strike Force [SF] – Jade Quarry
Im Not A Commander – 80 Guardian
Channel – http://www.youtube.com/user/ItsOnlyVic

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Oh, you, Tsym, bless your heart. Always digging the knife deeper. You know, back when I was on SoR, we didn’t call ourselves Rallians. We were Irrallidites because it sounded radioactive or something. Now I’m a converted Jedsuit in the Church of Vic and Jed and Latter Day Ruffians. And that’s just our rock band.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Just wanted to say thanks to all the servers we faced on the long road to a T1 win. Especially to BG and SoS (back when…). I think character is revealed in adversity and no two severs showed us quite so much adversity as BG and SoS. Thanks.

Thanks to our Oceanic and Asian brothers and sisters for sticking it out day after day, out-manned & out-gunned but never out-played.

Thanks to our Euro crew, esp. our new friends for being the catalyst to take what our O/A crew gave us and build on it.

And thanks to our NA for your quality and perseverance, to the guilds that were here from day 1 and the ones that transferred in when we were stuck in the lower tiers… You’re the glue that holds the server together.

Finally, thanks to GSCH and Roger Rall. I don’t know what type of man it takes to get thousands of people petitioning a company to name a server after you, I can only hope we all aspire to such quality.

I’m proud to have been part (a very, very small part) of this.

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

SoR > All

That was Flakes he’s the leader of TKG on JQ.

JQ > All

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Sea JQ Fight !

Fun fact: JQ need to hold a +542 or more PPT lead over BG to overtake them in-time for reset (a little less if you flip every sentry and kill every yak).

We used to try this vs SoS all the time. We nearly pulled it off several times. Since most of the main SoS guilds moved to BG it’s kind of like a rematch!

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

SoR > All

JQ > All

oic!

[TKG] Flake

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Just wanted to say thanks to all the servers we faced on the long road to a T1 win. Especially to BG and SoS (back when…). I think character is revealed in adversity and no two severs showed us quite so much adversity as BG and SoS. Thanks.

Thanks to our Oceanic and Asian brothers and sisters for sticking it out day after day, out-manned & out-gunned but never out-played.

Thanks to our Euro crew, esp. our new friends for being the catalyst to take what our O/A crew gave us and build on it.

And thanks to our NA for your quality and perseverance, to the guilds that were here from day 1 and the ones that transferred in when we were stuck in the lower tiers… You’re the glue that holds the server together.

Finally, thanks to GSCH and Roger Rall. I don’t know what type of man it takes to get thousands of people petitioning a company to name a server after you, I can only hope we all aspire to such quality.

And thanks again to Gaiscioch for founding this community, putting up with our crudities and finally winning us over with your calm and dignified demeanor.

Happy Birthday Roger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

8 months to get to this point, it feels great.

Shoutout to the old SoS crew, MERC and PRX amongst others. Best competition we faced along the road. Our fights in T2 + T3 is what hardened and toughened up SoR. You guys are awesome!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ashbringer.8172

Ashbringer.8172

grats sor for 1st T1 winning!

Loktar Ogar Kosh-guild leader of [ATM]Running Loot Bags-WVW focused
Jade Quarry since beta 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boomslang.4352

Boomslang.4352

This week was definitely fun. IRON is using some oldschool tactics that I haven’t seen in NA T1 shores for quite some time now.

Break up the zerg and hit three keeps at a time. Break up the zerg and hit from two sides. Hammer and Anvil. Choke points. Whew!

Black Gate Altaholic.
level 80 × 8 = 0 gold

in Match-ups

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Congrats SoR on your first win! Can I also just add how awesome this thread has suddenly been. Less pointless raging, more fun and general inter server banter!

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

SoR > All

Hmmm. Never thought about it that way. Now it all makes sense.

Doesn’t matter. Was able to record the part where she sang the Pokémon theme.

SoR > All

Tarnished Coast WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

If I learned anything this week, a lot can change in a week. Can’t wait to see what next week’s drama is…

and of course cuddle pictures.

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

/salute

http://wildboarinn.net/2012/07/18/my-gw2-home-sanctum-of-rall/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Wanted to give a shout out to LUN and our Brazilian crew, that has been with SOR since we fought Darkhaven oh soooo long ago.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Wanted to give a shout out to LUN and our Brazilian crew, that has been with SOR since we fought Darkhaven oh soooo long ago.

I work off hours and ran with LUN quite a few times. It was common for us to be heavily outmanned during those hours and wiped many times when a huge train of opposing forces closed in on us. Never once did I hear a LUN commander or any of their members bicker or point fingers nor did they rage quit and leave the map.

/respect LUN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kytana.5079

Kytana.5079

Congrats to SOR on your first T1 win!!

We look forward to many more fun fights.

Baroness Kytana [ONE] – Sanctum of Rall
Council Leader of Fight As One
http://FightAsOne.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

Congratulations to everyone on SoR. I also hope all three servers continue working together to keep t1 highly competitive. The goal should be to have all three servers end the week within a few thousand points of each other.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Signal.9763

Signal.9763

As a native to SoR and someone who briefly fought alongside OldRoar in Warhammer Online, I’d like to give a heartfelt thank you to all those who made this T1 victory possible. I have been active in WvW since the week the game launched and I can definitely say it’s been a hard, long road, which is exactly how OldRoar would have wanted it. The fact that this apparently comes on the week of his birthday, something I wasn’t aware of until recently… it’s actually a bit moving. Of all my years competing in online games, this week will definitely be one of a handful of highlights.

BG and JQ, honestly, we couldn’t ask for better opponents. With the minor exception of some of the forum trolls all three servers seem to have, your two communities are incredible. We all have reason to be proud. My hat is off to you all and I look forward to us tossing the T1 crown back and forth for many months to come.

Toward that end I really would like to back up some of the previous posts by Letoll and Polimassa. Let’s cool down on the massive recruitment until we see where the dust settles in T1. One or two week’s score isn’t enough to show a pattern. When more data is in, all three of our communities should endeavor to see that the weakest T1 server gets the help. Stacking a dominant server or pulling possible recruits away from the weaker server hurts us all.

Cheers to T1… all of us in T1.

Carlotta The Red [GSCH]
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

SoR > All

JQ > All

Did it go something like this? :P

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crimedawg.8954

Crimedawg.8954

As a native to SoR and someone who briefly fought alongside OldRoar in Warhammer Online, I’d like to give a heartfelt thank you to all those who made this T1 victory possible. I have been active in WvW since the week the game launched and I can definitely say it’s been a hard, long road, which is exactly how OldRoar would have wanted it. The fact that this apparently comes on the week of his birthday, something I wasn’t aware of until recently… it’s actually a bit moving. Of all my years competing in online games, this week will definitely be one of a handful of highlights.

BG and JQ, honestly, we couldn’t ask for better opponents. With the minor exception of some of the forum trolls all three servers seem to have, your two communities are incredible. We all have reason to be proud. My hat is off to you all and I look forward to us tossing the T1 crown back and forth for many months to come.

Toward that end I really would like to back up some of the previous posts by Letoll and Polimassa. Let’s cool down on the massive recruitment until we see where the dust settles in T1. One or two week’s score isn’t enough to show a pattern. When more data is in, all three of our communities should endeavor to see that the weakest T1 server gets the help. Stacking a dominant server or pulling possible recruits away from the weaker server hurts us all.

Cheers to T1… all of us in T1.

Very well said sir. We all want the 3 way competition so let’s see where this all plays out. I agree that each server has the other two to thank for making us all that much stronger.

/salute

[Tsym] – Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall
Running 15 in a BL near you

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dementia.9543

Dementia.9543

SoR > All

SoR > All

I missed it please share.

Onskii – 80 Asura Necromancer
Chillynipps – 80 Human Elementalist
[TSYM] – SOR
(Undefeated)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

I’d like to give a shout out to Sir Cirus for providing me with some lols.
<3

in Match-ups

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Congrats SoR on #1.
Such an eventful week. And TC is winning in T2 lmao. That will make DB not post in this thread.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: fragmented.9854

fragmented.9854

Yeah and TC is gettin along surprisingly well with FA. There has been a seismic shift somewhere in the universe LOL

in Match-ups

Posted by: Beastyboi.2918

Beastyboi.2918

mean while in IoJ… lol

Attachments:

guard – Bèasty warrior – BeastyAngel mesmer – Beastyangel ele – Beastyele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

mean while in IoJ… lol

Made me giggle

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello guys,

The singer’s name is Lana Darkess formerly from [AxA] guild. She’s Ozzie and I had the privilege to experience her music when some of us were in KN. She has a really wonderful voice (Commander Potato proposed to her right after her 1st performance) and it kept our morale up during the long cold nights of 80+ppt on SOR.

Here’s her post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/SoR-recruitment-thread-SEA-EU-NA-players/1862846

She’s left the game mostly but popped into TS today just for one last concert.

Have a good one Lana, may the good winds bring you good tidings in your singing career.

FW

SoR > All

SoR > All

I missed it please share.

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)