Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

About Noon PST score update.

Fail keybinds

Doesn’t mean those are the actual binds lol.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

There once was a server named sanctum
To counter their enemies they flank them

But their diet was weak
It was [IRON] they need

now they nutritionally spank them

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

I like that there is a ton of no name forum warriors out and about for SoR.

Now the first things first the rumor that BG is not playing and will not be on is silly. I am the main RK wvw commander i lead the last 2 days (not today) and for those who don’t know RK is the only large force EU guild on BG and Iron outnumbers us 3-1 in battle most days at the moment. We will fight no mater what honestly after IRON came over our activity have increased. They are a good fight.

Not only that i was personally in contact an IRON representatives who even ran with RK during the last week. I advised them not to come to BG because it would unbalance things and i suggested tier 2 server. Now to get all of BG to merge with TC.

Now i fell bad for IRON at the moment because i can not provided to resistance they where hoping for from us in RK. We both know why that is and it is to bad because i fell we in RK got the best thing out of this deal. I get people to fight and yesterday alone i had one of the best days in WW in months all thanks to Iron and TW.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

(edited by Waage.2047)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

I have to say I am very disappointed with BG and JQ. Week after week in T1 and T2 SoR has come in 2nd and 3rd. Yet week after week we kept showing up and we kept fighting till the end. (maybe not fri but no one really takes fri before reset seriously anyway) But SoR gets 1 guild to balance out our coverage, and counter BG’s Asian force changing their time to EU and everything dies. I thought this week was going to be very competitive. But what happened? BG and JQ just stopped showing up. You guys aren’t even trying. We were pretty much PVDooring during NA prime time yesterday. The only exception was the SF zerg that showed up for an hour or two.

Now I am hearing BG is offering gold to a few EU and maybe NA guilds to come over to their server because they think we are stupid stacked. Honestly if you guys were to actually try and push I think the score would be much closer this week.

I don’t even know what to say to JQ. I honestly don’t.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

Lol. I can’t stop laughing. The most I’ve seen IRON fielded was 20-25 member per map and yet you read about all these QQ’s and panic and ‘omg their eu coverage is now superstacked’. This is just priceless. BG got thousands of new transfer several weeks ago. Now SoR got no more than 70 IRON’s and bam! the paranoia and panic ensues.

Just have fun and play for the moment.

Zero drama forever

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

There once was a place called black gate
Who thought the green slot was their fate
But along came teedubya
With skills far above ya
And that dream did they surely abate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gwendolyr.3712

Gwendolyr.3712

Did you know, if I received gold for every time I get told I was bribed into transferring to Blackgate, I would have more gold than what I actually got for it (nothing).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Taras.4367

Taras.4367

Ive must of missed something how did SoR become this? if i remember correctly few weeks ago they had troubles staying in tier 1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

BG was on a motivational high two weeks ago, SoR is on a motivational high this week and JQ is in a motivational slump. Give it some time the servers may not be so far apart as the current score indicates.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

BG pugs don’t want to play wvw when they are losing. They see they are going to lose and just give up. If BG doesn’t do better next week I expect the whole server to fall apart. The rest of the casual WvW on BG are doing PVE and cant be bothered to play WvW when they are getting new skins.

The moment BG starts losing all the pugs get demoralized and dont want to play. Same with JQ. BG beats JQ one week and JQ gets demoralized then throws in the towel. I Really feel Unless your servers are winning none of the people who just came to your server to win will log in to play. You guys have a lot of these fair weather players that are only about wining. The moment the server starts losing these people quit or go find another server they can win on.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

LOL you know the real problem is that in order to get gear to be able to compete in WvW people are forced to do the special PvE events for the gear upgrades.

Ironic how players MUST PvE to be competitive in PvP. Imagine if they included content within WvW that would allow PvP’rs to get the same gear the PvE’rs get…we may actually have people back in WvW having fun!

The PvE crowd would have a kitten storm calling favoritism to PvP, but hey Anet likes to blow resources on displosable content.

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Chopps.5047

Lol. I can’t stop laughing. The most I’ve seen IRON fielded was 20-25 member per map and yet you read about all these QQ’s and panic and ‘omg their eu coverage is now superstacked’. This is just priceless. BG got thousands of new transfer several weeks ago. Now SoR got no more than 70 IRON’s and bam! the paranoia and panic ensues.

Zero drama forever

We love you guys. I was just trying to squeeze a limerick into the peotry session. My brain hurts…English is hard. That’s why I’m in engineering :p

in Match-ups

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

A new living story event just came out this week, so you know why JQ isn’t trying hard.
As for transfers to BG, the server full, so its impossible to recruit more guilds, unless you pay your PvE’ers gold to leave as well lol.

But don’t worry, SoR isn’t full so they can get more EU guilds if they really want to get full dominance in EU.

in Match-ups

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

What ever happened to all those people asking us to fight for first? Now that we have it, whats the deal? honestly… you tell us we need to recruit more to SoR, and fight for first, and we did exactly as asked of us, and now a bunch of people are either giving up or complaining. Kudos to everyone on JQ and BG who haven’t stopped caring, and to those who aren’t throwing blame around.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Jed’s motivational speech to JQ

::cough:: ::cough:: Ahem….::tap tap tap::

Push their kitten in.

Thank you for this public service announcement, you may now continue your normal scheduled programming.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Waage.2047

Zero drama forever

Yes and RK has 15-20 members on one map during EU and we are the only active EU guild on BG that can do things alone on a larger scale. IRON have +30 main roam force with 5-10 members they leave as a defense and scout force.

Then where is TW 15-25 man force that is also active during a lot of EU prime.

There is also a handful of other SoR guilds, but IRON and TW are the big bad during EU prime. They are great fun to fight and i take great pleasure in being the underdog in EU.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

What I have seen from IRON, they are able to cover 2-3 maps with 20-25 people. I played at lunch the other day in JQ BL. We had out-maned buff. As soon as our keep got hit from a large force of 25+, IRON ported in and defended. The enemy was wiped, they ported to another map and we had out-manned buff again. They really don’t have that many. They are super organized and have fast reaction time. I think the other servers just need to adapt to their play style. Defend what you have and take stuff in other maps that is not defended.

The old days of taking everything on a map then moving to another map isn’t going to work with IRON.

(edited by Ljiona.9142)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

I would like to say great job SoR. I am honestly glad to see you win now. You have fought it out as the underdog for a long time now in tier one and you deserve the win.

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

Ive must of missed something how did SoR become this? if i remember correctly few weeks ago they had troubles staying in tier 1.

Not sure where you got this idea. SoR has always had a strong NA. Now instead of starting NA time slot with a low ppt SoR is coming in with high ppt and upgraded fortifications.

As for staying in T1, none of us are in any danger of slipping out of T1 thanks to the ranking system. JQ is currently in third but worst case scenario they have 3 weeks to turn it around. Realistically, they have up to 10 weeks to get things back in gear. Consider that after this week as long as they stay within 50k of the first place server next week they will actually gain points.

It takes a true server meltdown to drop out of t1 or a server has to dominate t2 with some 300k victories. So JQ and BG are taking it easy this week Glicko will barely even notice.

in Match-ups

Waage.2047

What I have seen from IRON, they are able to cover 2-3 maps with 20-25 people. I played at lunch the other day in JQ BL. We had out-maned buff. As soon as our keep got hit from a large force of 25+, IRON ported in and defended. The enemy was wiped, they ported to another map and we had out-manned buff again. They really don’t have that many. They are super organized and have fast reaction time. I think the other servers just need to adapt to their play style. Defend what you have and take stuff in other maps that is not defended.

The old days of taking everything on a map then moving to another map isn’t going to work with IRON.

Are you even in IRON? Or even a major commander during the EU time slot?? And do you not know about the other guilds that are active during EU prime.

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

Zero drama forever

Yes and RK has 15-20 members on one map during EU and we are the only active EU guild on BG that can do things alone on a larger scale. IRON have +30 main roam force with 5-10 members they leave as a defense and scout force.

Then where is TW 15-25 man force that is also active during a lot of EU prime.

There is also a handful of other SoR guilds, but IRON and TW are the big bad during EU prime. They are great fun to fight and i take great pleasure in being the underdog in EU.

since when was bg an underdog in EU primetime? This sounds like crying wolf to me. You may not have a lot of Organized EU guilds, but you do have lots and lots of pugs as well as sea guilds that sometimes stay up late in that time slot. You guys have never been short of players or even random pugs to fuel your mercenarys during this time.

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

Are you even in IRON? Or even a major commander during the EU time slot??

Iron fields like 20-30 players and map hops…. from BL to BL.. not per map, maybe it looks like that to yiou becasue they are constantly hoping from map to map but in reality its more like 20-30 players And besides the IRON guys theres not a lot of others on except pugs. Its IRON + PUGs and Randoms. True story that all.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

Something strange has happened folk
The sleeping giant has awoke
A bunch of dreams gone up in smoke
BG’s push about to choke
JQ gone out for a smoke
The server all took as a joke
The sleeping giant has awoke

I’m guessing it was the huge transfer that woke it up. People just can’t be quiet.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

in Match-ups

Krakah.3582

BG pugs don’t want to play wvw when they are losing. They see they are going to lose and just give up. If BG doesn’t do better next week I expect the whole server to fall apart. The rest of the casual WvW on BG are doing PVE and cant be bothered to play WvW when they are getting new skins.

The moment BG starts losing all the pugs get demoralized and dont want to play. Same with JQ. BG beats JQ one week and JQ gets demoralized then throws in the towel. I Really feel Unless your servers are winning none of the people who just came to your server to win will log in to play. You guys have a lot of these fair weather players that are only about wining. The moment the server starts losing these people quit or go find another server they can win on.

Are you that bitter you would wish for last few competitive servers to just collapse with a dwindling overall PvP population?

If two out of the Big3 servers aren’t fielding players you may want to check your ego at the door, since the state of the game should be considered in a bad place for everyone. Wins with low competition are no fun.

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

Are you that bitter you would wish for last few competitive servers to just collapse with a dwindling overall PvP population?

If two out of the Big3 servers aren’t fielding players you may want to check your ego at the door, since the state of the game should be considered in a bad place for everyone. Wins with low competition are no fun.

No im not bitter im just trying to get to the truth. Are you guys throwing the match or are you guys just not fielding players. Whats the truth. Because the rumor is BG is intentionally throwing the match.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Malferian.7205

Malferian.7205

I love how RK is being such a good sport! kudos to you guys.

Mesmer

in Match-ups

Robot Chocken.7012

Maybe it is best you don’t judge JQ with lack of knowledge. If you look at the medals we almost as many 2nd place as we do 1st. JQ always gets inactive during events in WvW. Your opinion is invalid sir.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oresh.4729

Oresh.4729

Now to get all of BG to merge with TC.

im dreaming? after sos, kn bg want to merge with tc??

i pity them

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

You guys can hate what I said and get upset whatever. Its how I see it, Rumor is JQ lost EMP or at least half of it this shouldn’t be enough to kill a server. BG is not short of players and just won last week. So either there is a sliver of truth to what I’m saying or BG is throwing the match and JQ is breaking apart in a domino effect.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Are you even in IRON? Or even a major commander during the EU time slot?? And do you not know about the other guilds that are active during EU prime.

Not sure what you are asking. I am just telling you what I saw and how they old style of playing a single map isn’t going to work when the other guy hopping. You need to counter with much of the same. It is going to take time and you need to develop a server wide communication system which SoR seems to excel with at the moment.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

No im not bitter im just trying to get to the truth. Are you guys throwing the match or are you guys just not fielding players. Whats the truth. Because the rumor is BG is intentionally throwing the match.

BG is just not fielding the needed number of players to compete this week. BG is not intentionally throwing the match. There’s your truth.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Krakah.3582

No known sankittenging of the match from BG guilds. JQ no idea why it’s a ghost town.

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Chopps.5047

There once was a person named warrior
she fought forums sitting under the foyer

All the rumors she spread
About cuddles being wed

Succeeded being my heart’s destroyer

in Match-ups

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

The reason why jq is a no show is it hardly has any large pvp guilds.they make up the slack with their pve players. Those players just happen to be in southsun or should i say southsun overflow since there is a 3 hour long queue to get into it on jade.

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

No known sankittenging of the match from BG guilds. JQ no idea why it’s a ghost town.

By no means am I happy about it. Al I ever wanted is balanced matchups, I never cared about wining or losing. I just log in to WvW most of the time to roam and 1v1, do small ops on my own….. I hope I’m wrong about it but seems like JQ has HOD Syndrome. Probably that is whats causing it. Without a strong third server. Nothing is there to keep BG or SoR in Check. It becomes a 2 way battle between SoR and BG or somthing. Worst case scenario It will be BG/SoR/and DB in the near future.

in Match-ups

Robot Chocken.7012

You guys can hate what I said and get upset whatever. Its how I see it, Rumor is JQ lost EMP or at least half of it this shouldn’t be enough to kill a server. BG is not short of players and just won last week. So either there is a sliver of truth to what I’m saying or BG is throwing the match and JQ is breaking apart in a domino effect.

SO what guild are you in so I can give them a proper HzH experience?

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

Dude maybe if you spent less time making threats and trying to be tough on the forum, and more time commanding and being tough in game you could beat my guild but doesn’t look like the case.

in Match-ups

Waage.2047

I love how RK is being such a good sport! kudos to you guys.

Well i like fighting you guys. I wish i had more time to devout to countering you guys so i could figure out your weak sides and break you, but we are a bit understaffed in EU so we are stuck in fights to often to kick you out of our keeps.

Let’s hope that we can get some good fights in so the move was not in vain.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Hope SoR doesn’t burn out after the server wide push this week and double times and triple times.

Attachments:

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

So, forum warriors, what if I told you all of the reasons that you love SoR are the same reasons that I love Blackgate, the same reasons I have been there since launch, and the same reasons that I and my guild come out to fight every day? What if I told you that we take donations from guildies in order to help guilds who can’t get all their players over? What if I told you that yes, we absolutely play more hours to offset our coverage because we care about handing off good maps and helping out our other time zones? What if I told you that this is a game and the character assassination of Blackgate is pretty old hat?

Come on guys, grow up a little. The week might be lost, it might not. You can hate Blackgate all you want, but at the end of the day we are just as resilient as you. We’ve been to Tier 4 and battled back. Guilds have moved here for our community and helped us rise through the ranks. How is that any different from your server? I understand the notion of trash talking opponents, but flat out wishing the death of the only servers that give you competition is pretty lame. Maybe we should make a god tier where you can run around in your maps all by yourself while JQ, BG, and DB enjoy a friendly, competitive match since you are so out of our league?

Let’s cut the crap here. There have been good fights, but the persistent chest thumping is pretty disgusting. Go ahead and try and hold me responsible for chest thumping. Go through my post history. You will find none. Maybe you could all follow my example and say, “good game, good fights, /salute” instead of posting about wanting to get +600 and having no comprehension of how unhealthy that really is for the game.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in Match-ups

Robot Chocken.7012

Dude maybe if you spent less time making threats and trying to be tough on the forum, and more time commanding and being tough in game you could beat my guild but doesn’t look like the case.

A: you started typing down on other servers
B: You have not even said what guild you are in
C: probably most of your server knows my guild can beat yours
D: I doubt you know more than 3 pins that have ran more than I have.
Point is you were being rude about things and I called you out for a challenge. So tell me the guild let’s get this going.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExCode.6370

ExCode.6370

So, forum warriors, what if I told you all of the reasons that you love SoR are the same reasons that I love Blackgate, the same reasons I have been there since launch, and the same reasons that I and my guild come out to fight every day? What if I told you that we take donations from guildies in order to help guilds who can’t get all their players over? What if I told you that yes, we absolutely play more hours to offset our coverage because we care about handing off good maps and helping out our other time zones? What if I told you that this is a game and the character assassination of Blackgate is pretty old hat?

Come on guys, grow up a little. The week might be lost, it might not. You can hate Blackgate all you want, but at the end of the day we are just as resilient as you. We’ve been to Tier 4 and battled back. Guilds have moved here for our community and helped us rise through the ranks. How is that any different from your server? I understand the notion of trash talking opponents, but flat out wishing the death of the only servers that give you competition is pretty lame. Maybe we should make a god tier where you can run around in your maps all by yourself while JQ, BG, and DB enjoy a friendly, competitive match since you are so out of our league?

Let’s cut the crap here. There have been good fights, but the persistent chest thumping is pretty disgusting. Go ahead and try and hold me responsible for chest thumping. Go through my post history. You will find none. Maybe you could all follow my example and say, “good game, good fights, /salute” instead of posting about wanting to get +600 and having no comprehension of how unhealthy that really is for the game.

Well said, Riven. I love Blackgate just as much as everyone else loves their servers. Keep it positive, guys!

Stef – Guild Leader of Revel [REV] – Blackgate
http://www.revelguild.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cautsumeye.6194

Cautsumeye.6194

Sorry but your spin on the BG situation is way off base.

The big problem with BG’s performance this week in WvW is the South Sun event.

The day before the event, BG closed the gap between SoR and BG approximately 10K (from 23K lead to 13K lead). The day after the event, when most of BG was in South Sun, the lead went up to 30+K.

The Pugs and majority of WvW guild players in BG were doing this event. The poster is just wrong in his assertions and name calling.

I am not diminishing SoR’s accomplishment this week, they have earned it. I expect next week things may turn out differently.

Necromancer [ICOA]

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Robot Chocken.7012

Sorry but your spin on the BG situation is way off base.

The big problem with BG’s performance this week in WvW is the South Sun event.

The day before the event, BG closed the gap between SoR and BG approximately 10K (from 23K lead to 13K lead). The day after the event, when most of BG was in South Sun, the lead went up to 30+K.

The Pugs and majority of WvW guild players in BG were doing this event. The poster is just wrong in his assertions and name calling.

I am not diminishing SoR’s accomplishment this week, they have earned it. I expect next week things may turn out differently.

Agreed SoR has done a great job and deserves the win. This poster is just a bit less experienced with WvW I think.

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

I hope you guys are right. But I did PVE too I got both the back pack skins in only a couple hours the day the event came out…SoRs Southsun has been full all week. The moment anyone from SoR ques Southsun they get put in an overflow. I also did state that part of the problem is the event, but you also need to realize that you cant shift blame to an event, when all the other servers are doing it too. Especially considering the event is very short and not difficult at all. I got the skins in a couple hours and being done with it. The day of the event I was in wvw and there were quite a few people runing around with the new back packs already and this was only hours after it came out.

in Match-ups

Posted by: IXJac.4197

IXJac.4197

I’ve only done WvW infrequently before, mostly for monthlies and exploration, but I have to say that WvW on SoR this past week has been electric. Sky high morale, lots of energy and confidence, tons of good humour. It’s been fun to be a part of, even if only on a small scale, and I’m sure there’s other PvE’er who feel the same.

I avoided the Zergs and spent a lot of today helping out an IRON picket staking out the SoR borderland, and we had some great little fights, just the two of us. I’m sure the JQ and BG guys we tussled with also enjoyed themselves as well. I was having so much fun I popped into these forums to see the talk – and ran into this wall of depression and negativity. Which I suppose I should have expected, because – internet!

But in the end, what’s said on these forums is meaningless. It’s what you say and do on your own chat and in your own channels that matters. If you’re having fun together, then what someone on SoR posts here should be water off a duck’s back. So you guys know how well you are, and aren’t doing – you don’t need to prove or it to a bunch of trolls on some other server – except by winning. . .

. . .But not this week – because there’s this one EB keep no one EVER lets go of, and I need us to go green for map completion!

:D

Kitten of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

Well said.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

I agree with this post, all 3 of our servers have been through the thick of it and come out all the better. As for all the chest thumping, you really have not seen it from the major guilds on SoR as it is mainly our rallians excited about a win. JQ has done the same to us when we first arrived in t1, they posted there own page about how amazing they were from capping all bl’s and I know some of your pugs have also boosted about a win. Everyone over on SoR knows that next week after our IRON high has worn off that BG and JQ will be back at it again, and as always SoR will be ready and waiting for the fights from the best. Good fights this week SF/RK/KnT/Rise and whoever else I missed.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: Beastyboi.2918

Beastyboi.2918

can we get a score update?

guard – Bèasty warrior – BeastyAngel mesmer – Beastyangel ele – Beastyele

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Agreed with Hoots. The major SOR guilds and players who have been on this server since the beginning and been active participants to wvw through thick and thin has been tame compared to most.

Just look at the post history of some of the recent chest thumpers. Not naming names (you know who you are) but a few of these rallians have never posted anything WvW related in months…but yet their post count has gone up 20fold just this week in regards to this topic. Just ignore the latter, they are most likely excited with the win but when / if we have an off week expect their post counts to die down, ;D

(edited by scootshoot.6583)