Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lasermonkey.7984

Lasermonkey.7984

Grats to SoR, obviously you know as much as BG knows, 1 guild doesn’t make you go from Red to Green and a 50k plus lead. You guys showed everyone the true SoR this week, about dern’time!

[EMP] Empërium – Doof Lundgren

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Good fights on BG BL ladies and gents.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

1-2 ppl doesn’t = sor calling ur server dead they rep themselves not SOR as a server

as far as bg being dead I think its more like a sleeping giant lol resting it up after the match got out of reach because they didn’t expect this big a push and they will be stronger Friday

for jQ I think ppl r just wondering wuts going on with them more then anything I hope they pull threw this I want health competition and u need three servers to get it

I think BG are busy, busy little dwarvses.
hi ho, hi ho, we need more guilds we know….

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Good fights on BG BL ladies and gents.

SF BL*

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

as a members of Sor’s na crew I would like the thank our oceanics and sea guys for sticking with us for so long and coming back for more every night and thank iron for coming to sor and giving us a big boost in morale and taking a lot of pressure off r sea and oceanic guys

O and to r NA for staying strong and coming out everyday and night

thank u jq and bg for giving us great battles

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Dear JQ,

Please take Raw Noodles and RE back.

Sincerely,

Usagi

The bigger question is “Will JQ accept them back?”

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Dear JQ,

Please take Raw Noodles and RE back.

Sincerely,

Usagi

The bigger question is “Will JQ accept them back?”

Pride never helps, only hurts

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zagan.5287

Zagan.5287

Raw and RE can just go transfer to eredon terrace if their own server is spewing them out. :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

With great size, comes the risk of great egos and drama. So far history has repeated itself on many servers.

Let’s hope all 3 T1 servers can keep growing so we can have well-matched battles across all time zones!

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

Score update for the working people please!

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

12:15 GMT just for you!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: assasin of warr.9517

assasin of warr.9517

as a members of Sor’s na crew I would like the thank or oceanics and sea guys for sticking with us for so long and coming back for more every night and thank iron for coming to sor and giving us a big boost in morale and taking a lot of pressure off r sea and oceanic guys

O and to r NA for staying strong and coming out everyday and night

thank u jq and bg for giving us great battles

we did get a awesome welcome from the SOR crew rlly tyvm for that. Its awesome that we can alrdy show what we can. But we need to show next again what we got. we need to stay focussed on that. Next week all servers start again with 0 points and then all SOR need to show again how good we are in comparrison to bg and jq

cosmic force
elementalist for The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Proud member (mesmer ofc) for YOLO.

in Match-ups

Posted by: assasin of warr.9517

assasin of warr.9517

massive addict (i m on school but that doesn’t count :P)

cosmic force

cosmic force
elementalist for The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Proud member (mesmer ofc) for YOLO.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

@assassin of war

“Next week all servers start again with 0 points and then all SOR need to show again how good we are in comparrison to bg and jq”

No more limericks or rhymes from me IRON.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

This thread is getting interesting.

We have ppl saying BG is dead, JQ is dead and then we have DB folk hijacking the thread.

PS. Waha is not moving from JQ. And yes he is in [ATM]

The problem isn’t DB highjacking the thread, it’s DB actively trying to recruit JQ guilds away and then deliberately trying to sabotage our own recruitment efforts. When you consider how pathetic that really is you have to hope people can see beyond the sunshine DB is blowing up their butts to the real types of people they are.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

We have ppl saying BG is dead, JQ is dead and then we have DB folk hijacking the thread.

How about the dudes from TC who can never seem to let go of BG?

Tarnished Coast WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

The problem isn’t DB highjacking the thread, it’s DB actively trying to recruit JQ guilds away and then deliberately trying to sabotage our own recruitment efforts. When you consider how pathetic that really is you have to hope people can see beyond the sunshine DB is blowing up their butts to the real types of people they are.

Completely agree. I didn’t have much experience in the field with most of the people who left/are leaving, but after reading through the T2 thread I say good riddance. If you want to leave, fine. There’s no reason to be a little snot about it, though, both to your former server and your new enemy servers. It’s not even friendly banter. It’s flat out arrogance.

To be back on topic: Great fights in BGBL in the wee hours of the morning. Everyone was bringing their A game and it was nice to have some balanced fights for the first time in a week during the times I’ve been on. Looking forward to duking it out all the way to reset!

Ele for Hire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

we need to stay focussed on that. Next week all servers start again with 0 points and then all SOR need to show again how good we are in comparrison to bg and jq

Unfortunately for Blackgate they will be blue which gets the most harass in EBG.

With Sanctum of Rall wanting to hold onto green spot and Jade Quarry only finishing 20k points behind 2nd with 0 map presence, ill predict a lot of opportunist 2 vs. 1 play next week.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

we need to stay focussed on that. Next week all servers start again with 0 points and then all SOR need to show again how good we are in comparrison to bg and jq

Unfortunately for Blackgate they will be blue which gets the most harass in EBG. With Sanctum of Rall wanting to hold onto green spot and Jade Quarry only finishing 20k points behind 2nd with 0 map presence, ill predict a lot of opportunist 2 vs. 1 play next week.

Show me one week, any week at all, that didn’t have opportunistic 2 vs 1 play.

Well, there were people in JQ complaining about being green all the time and it being boring. So, this week we’re getting a taste of blue, next week a good possibility of red. Personally, I kind of miss green (being blue confused the crap out of me for a long time), so I think it’s well beyond time to begin pushing our way back up the ladder.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Masori.3528

12:15 GMT just for you!

<3 thx

(edited by Masori.3528)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Stuck at work, can I please get a score update?

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Ascii.9726

Yea but I’m predicting a lot more outside the normal considering the circumstances of next weeks matchup. (DB scratching at the door, BG dropping to the blue spot, JQ not losing by a lot this week and SoR wanting to hold onto its record of only ever dropping a rank position twice out of 33 match-ups).

Score update.

Attachments:

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Match-ups

Masori.3528

massive addict (i m on school but that doesn’t count :P)

cosmic force

Work is boring atm. And none is watching. So i can post during boss’ time

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Doesnt mean that the rest of SOR should condone the behaviour. Its clear the Keep was captured due to use of a field of view exploit, those honest SoR who disagree with the use of this exploit should vacate it , not attempt to defend it, and allow it to be re-built before attacking it again.

I don’t blame SoR for this, but guilds that tolerate such behaviour. I’m almost sure that 99% of SoR doesn’t like hearing such things as JQ or Bg do. But there is no vote to get people from the server and I don’t know how good Anet can track such things.
And that particular guild seems to have very low standards for fair play.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Doesnt mean that the rest of SOR should condone the behaviour. Its clear the Keep was captured due to use of a field of view exploit, those honest SoR who disagree with the use of this exploit should vacate it , not attempt to defend it, and allow it to be re-built before attacking it again.

I don’t blame SoR for this, but guilds that tolerate such behaviour. I’m almost sure that 99% of SoR doesn’t like hearing such things as JQ or Bg do. But there is no vote to get people from the server and I don’t know how good Anet can track such things.

Well said. The other guilds can try to pressure those doing things like this, but ultimately there’s only so much they can do. It’s unfortunate that a few disreputable types can tarnish a whole server, so it does lie on the rest of us not on that server to keep that perspective. I doubt the vast majority of SoR condones this and refuse to allow myself to condemn them all for the actions of a few <insert bannable labeling word here>.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

Yea but I’m predicting a lot more outside the normal considering the circumstances of next weeks matchup. (DB scratching at the door, BG dropping to the blue spot, JQ not losing by a lot this week and SoR wanting to hold onto its record of only ever dropping a rank position twice out of 33 match-ups).

Score update.

Yeah us in BG will be hit hard. We are the only ones with some EU presences so both you guys and IRON will be going after us. So we can not reinforce our borderland going into NA.

JQ and SoR have more east coast NA then us and there for depending on SoR’s EU attacks and how tightly we can hold our own our border will most likely be the soft border so we will be stuck in a 2v1 after all we are the more vulnerable server.

That is my prediction. Now before the blowhard come in to pick a fight about 2v1. This is what i would take advantage off and i know how both JQ and SoR works as servers.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

(edited by Waage.2047)

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Well said. The other guilds can try to pressure those doing things like this, but ultimately there’s only so much they can do. It’s unfortunate that a few disreputable types can tarnish a whole server, so it does lie on the rest of us not on that server to keep that perspective. I doubt the vast majority of SoR condones this and refuse to allow myself to condemn them all for the actions of a few <insert bannable labeling word here>.

I recall someone posting about that guild doing the exact same thing a week or two ago and yet there were people from other guilds on SoR defending them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

As much as I truly hope it will not be the case, with JQ and BG both full, I believe a huge amount of players will bandwagon to DB in the near future.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/So-long-Jade-Quarry/first#post2038673

OMEN leaves JQ to DB….. can’t say i didnt see this coming.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Score update.

Yeah us in BG will be hit hard. We are the only ones with some EU presences so both you guys and IRON will be going after us. So we can not reinforce our borderland going into NA.

JQ and SoR have more east coast NA then us and there for depending on SoR’s EU attacks and how tightly we can hold our own our border will most likely be the soft border so we will be stuck in a 2v1 after all we are the more vulnerable server.

That is my prediction. Now before the blowhard come in to pick a fight about 2v1. This is what i would take advantage off and i know how both JQ and SoR works as servers.

Don’t even try to tell me you all won’t be able to handle the pressure. You didn’t get to T1 by caving in at the first sign of adversity. If any apparent double-teaming happens, rest assured it’s not a coordinated or planned event. JQ takes pride in being an equal opportunity server. If you’re red, you’re dead.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

As much as I truly hope it will not be the case, with JQ and BG both full, I believe a huge amount of players will bandwagon to DB in the near future.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/So-long-Jade-Quarry/first#post2038673

I think it would be funny to have all these bandwagon guilds bail on JQ going to DB and then none of the T1 servers dropping down allowing DB up into T1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

This is actually looking really good for T1 in my opinion, with 1 or 2 good guilds, JQ could be back in the running to win the match, BG already has a shot at things as long as SoR doesn’t gain too much momentum, and while I think SoR has a lot of players running right now, I think that this week is not really a good judge of the overall “stackage” of their server as it were.

T1 is currently in a good place, in that there is a lot of uncertainty, which is what makes WvW fun. If you know which server is going to come 1st every week, things become stale. So just enjoy it people, nobody is going to die, no server is the “new Vizunah” here.

[IX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

Really dislike this kind of thing. JQ needs time to reorganize, they don’t need other servers stirring up controversy and trying to split them apart. In short DB needs to stop being kittens.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

I’m still sticking with my conspiri.. I mean factual truth. Politics seems to ruin stuff too easily

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

I recall someone posting about that guild doing the exact same thing a week or two ago and yet there were people from other guilds on SoR defending them.

Yep. I’ll just say I’ve seen strange things from them with AC’s that I have yet to been able to reproduce. Some things that people think are hacks definitely aren’t though. On this occasion I have no idea, but I trust Shalile in his word he’s out there daily for far too long.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Yep. I’ll just say I’ve seen strange things from them with AC’s that I have yet to been able to reproduce. Some things that people think are hacks definitely aren’t though. On this occasion I have no idea, but I trust Shalile in his word he’s out there daily for far too long.

There is actually a spot on bravo where u can hit the center courtyard like that with an AC from the outside. Never tried that spot in the screenshot however.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Ascii.9726

Dispite [OMEN] being poor sports and jumping ship at the first sign of trouble, Jade Quarry is still showing they can dance with the best of them.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarin Twisted.4183

Tarin Twisted.4183

LOL you know the real problem is that in order to get gear to be able to compete in WvW people are forced to do the special PvE events for the gear upgrades.

Ironic how players MUST PvE to be competitive in PvP. Imagine if they included content within WvW that would allow PvP’rs to get the same gear the PvE’rs get…we may actually have people back in WvW having fun!

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ve gone into WvW at level 2 on 3 different characters and leveled to 80 without a problem. The only one I had an issue with was the Guardian. Until you get that PVT up your a paperweight. Maybe for small scale stuff it matters more but if your zerg herding or working with a large unit you blend in nicely even at level 2.

Sorry for delayed response…but what are you talking about?
What would you rather have…ascended gear or WvW gear?
Unless I missed a patch you still have to go do PvE to get the best gear in the game.
Anyone can faceroll on the keyboard and get to 80 in WvW by following a zerg around flipping camps, towers and keeps…but I was talking about being competitive in small group situations and 1v1’s and actually having fun.

I guess fun is different for everyone but running around following a 60 man zerg laying down AoE’s to make sure I am getting as much loot and exp as possible is not fun. Oh and try running a zerg of level under 80’s in sub par gear against a group of 80’s in ascended gear and tell me how well your leveling experience goes than.

Get real and recognize the problem in WvW that presents a real barrier for new WvW players and we may actually be able to build a healthier WvW community.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

Yup that’s why you’re losing.
Somebody shot an arrow cart.

You may think its trivial, but heres perspective as the only commander pin in EB for 6 hours of EU prime, with almost no one in voice coms and a max of maybe 5 organised ppl from any single guild and alternating in and out of Outmanned whevener IRON ported their 30 man blob in to squash any PuGs that threatened sor holdings.

We were doing very well just to hold on to our upgraded keep outmanned. And we did so mainly by utilising defensive siege.

NA prime starts, and I left the map for a minute to get a replacement guild to buff the keep and replace me, noticed the waypoint contested and ported back to see a golem rush breaching watergate. Myself and a few other started to man the inner trebs and arrow carts that could easily have held the gate until reinforcements came, only to have them shot out from under us by an arrow cart that had no business doing that legitimately, as there is no legit field of view into there from outside.

We lost the keep followed soon after by everything else and had to hand over a red EB to our NA prime team.

The posted screenshots have been removed since they showed a SoR player name openly exploiting. I will send them privately to Anet instead.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dementia.9543

Dementia.9543

Anyone with an eyefinity setup has a hugely larger FOV and camera view than anyone else. you can easily rotate the camera so that the sides of the screen extend to a further viewable distance than other clients without it. The few times I have run with fear they make a point of pointing out that you can place an arrowcart right up against a keep or tower wall beside the gates and do this.
Im not saying some people don’t cheat but fear does not appear to need to.

Onskii – 80 Asura Necromancer
Chillynipps – 80 Human Elementalist
[TSYM] – SOR
(Undefeated)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I just want to apologize for stars on behalf of T2; these wagonbranders, particularly the RE and CO, seem to forget what tier they are in from time to time.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I know this is a game but in reality arrows can shoot over walls. Thing with arrow carts is the projectiles don’t originate from the source. They sort of magically reign from the sky. I don’t see how its much different from setting acs behind doors. And magically hitting rams and people outside that you cant see when inside. Yet no one is complaining about this. I thought the fix with catas being able to hit rams outside of the door through aoe damage was a good fix. That was just a dumb game mechanic and in reality unlike arrows rocks don’t fly through doors.

So if you are placing acs behind doors to hit rams and people please stop your crying its highly hypocritical you utilizing the same game mechanic.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!!!!

Now back to my Dr Who….

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

gebrechen.5643

You mean like rezzing people through walls is legit because shooting through walls as an ele is?
And no, under normal circumstances you don’t shoot anything but the wall with that ac, because ac use a line of sight. Sure, those arrows don’t care if there is a door a wall in the way, but the user of the ac must see at least the wall. In the actual case he would have hit the door, the wall, but nothing more then the ac circle (actually it’s not a circle but a sphere) behind it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

You mean like rezzing people through walls is legit because shooting through walls as an ele is?
And no, under normal circumstances you don’t shoot anything but the wall with that ac, because ac use a line of sight. Sure, those arrows don’t care if there is a door a wall in the way, but the user of the ac must see at least the wall. In the actual case he would have hit the door, the wall, but nothing more then the ac circle (actually it’s not a circle but a sphere) behind it.

Have you never seen a volley of arrows before? its like Warfare 101

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

Best solution in my mind is to alter the controls on siege. Get rid of the ground target. Push forward to shoot farther, and back to shoot shorter. The weapon fires when you press the fire button, no more power up silliness. Gets rid of the zoom advantage on arrowcarts and then you adjust the range if it’s firing too far. Do this for cats and trebs and you no longer have the silly 5 cats pressed up against a wall.

Doubt that will happen but I think it’s the best solution.

in Match-ups

gebrechen.5643

I never have used an ac in reality, but I know how it works. And even in reality you have a minimum angle to fire if you are too close to a wall or you can try to shoot them straight up and hope the wind carries all those arrows away from you.
But GW2 is far away from reality, which doesn’t make exploits legit

in Match-ups

Posted by: WoDan.4079

WoDan.4079

Anyone else notice the sudden lack of 2v1, etc, complaints this week? Oh yeah…the usual whiners have moved-on to gloating.

Dread Rogue / Native Blackgate’ian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I never have used an ac in reality, but I know how it works. And even in reality you have a minimum angle to fire if you are too close to a wall or you can try to shoot them straight up and hope the wind carries all those arrows away from you.
But GW2 is far away from reality, which doesn’t make exploits legit

Good argument bro and on the way out dont forget to man that arrow cart behind the door.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Anyone with an eyefinity setup has a hugely larger FOV and camera view than anyone else. you can easily rotate the camera so that the sides of the screen extend to a further viewable distance than other clients without it. The few times I have run with fear they make a point of pointing out that you can place an arrowcart right up against a keep or tower wall beside the gates and do this.
Im not saying some people don’t cheat but fear does not appear to need to.

I hope you’re right. I’m concerned that some people claim that as an excuse without actually having that set up, but I guess there’s no way to tell.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

If thats true, maybe someone with this setup can test the camera view at Bravost and show us if this cart can fire on the inner courtyard from the position shown in the 2 screens.

Attachments: