Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Just out of curiosity, would anyone’s server care to confirm how many guilds they are getting and what TZ?

We know JQ is getting PYRO (400 players, 15-20 Euro, 60-70 NA). We’ve heard they are also picking up another 40 man NA.
We’ve heard BG is picking up 2 Euro and 2 NA.

Anyone’s rep care to comment though? Give us all something to look forward to. Also, if we are transparent in our movements, maybe we can balance the tier by ourselves moving forward and not have a ridiculous overstacked server again.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

BG definitely need EST and EU coverage to compete though, that much is obvious.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Just out of curiosity, would anyone’s server care to confirm how many guilds they are getting and what TZ?

We know JQ is getting PYRO (400 players, 15-20 Euro, 60-70 NA). We’ve heard they are also picking up another 40 man NA.

Anyone’s rep care to comment though? Give us all something to look forward to. Also, if we are transparent in our movements, maybe we can balance the tier by ourselves moving forward and not have a ridiculous overstacked server again.

Don’t know exactly what is happening with PYRO. I do know that they intended to transfer to SoR(full transfer 2 weeks from now) and already had many members here, but I do believe that they were told they may get stuck in queues, and it may be best for them to join JQ/BG unless they are fine with the queues. They also said they weren’t as active as they used to be.

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

Whatever the case may be for each server, be transparent with the movement otherwise this fragile balance will get skewed before anyone even knows what happened.

I think it’s fair no one wants to see SoR, or BG, or JQ in a position of unquestionable dominance again purely due to coverage.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Whatever the case may be for each server, be transparent with the movement otherwise this fragile balance will get skewed before anyone even knows what happened.

I think it’s fair no one wants to see SoR, or BG, or JQ in a position of unquestionable dominance again purely due to coverage.

What fragile balance? There is no balance right now and balance won’t be coming to T1 for a long while. EU guilds rarely ever move to NA servers.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: BakaOniiChan.9564

BakaOniiChan.9564

How much you think BG is going to paying them? You think they’ll need more time to farm the gold cough buy to get these guilds?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

Sea of Kaingate Square*

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Just chilling with some friends…..

…nothing to see here……..

SCORE UPDATE!

And when mean SoR zerg finds us!

Oops?

Well, it was exactly 15 v 15 maybe we’ll win next time.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Transfers are never Transfers until they’re actually on map guys.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

And congratz on IRON carrying SOR this week

how dare you! Its not just IRON.. how could you not give credit to Tempest Wolves! [TW] <3 Best NA guild

congrats IRON and TW for winning this week

Blackgate since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

holy u coming off a little angry go take a break u really shouldn’t talk about transfers when bg has gotten 10 guilds to sor’s 3 and jq’s 0 in the pass 3 months sure 2 of ur guilds left agg and foe but still leaves u with 8

now go take a walk and come back u will feel better

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: HolyMolla.6582

HolyMolla.6582

SOR-SBI, KN,SOS,IOJ

me think you sykkob and your SOR buddies are angry.
me no mad. me just having fun with angry sor.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

how dare you! Its not just IRON.. how could you not give credit to Tempest Wolves! [TW] <3 Best NA guild

and Me.. it’s no surprise the week I come back in force is the week we win.. duh

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

I would like to congratulate Sanctum of Rall on their first tier 1 victory!

I remember back in October, after HoD collapsed, 2 super servers were brewing in the lower tiers. One was Sea of Sorrows, the other was Sanctum of Rall. They met in tier 3 for the first time, with both sides putting in amazing fights and the momentum of the match up constantly swinging with the other server trying to punch harder than the other. The best thing about this match up was not the scores, but the fights had on the field. A lot of people who were on SoS agree that SoR NA gave the best fights, were the most skilled and organized Americans of any server SoS ever faced. SoR were better than the servers in tier 1.

Sanctum of Rall has had to be consecutive runners up over a very long period of time. Yet their guilds have stayed loyal to the server, and stayed strong. Many of the guilds I saw all those months ago, are still on SoR today.

But it is not only the old guilds that have made SoR server, the new arrivals that have moved to SoR, have had the guts to join the underdog in order to balance the competition. These guilds must also be congratulated and have contributed just as much as anyone else on SoR!

Sanctum of Rall has a lot of skill and organization, WvW is based around coverage,. But SoR has not won tier 1 through coverage, they’ve won it through courage!

Congratulations to Sanctum of Rall!

You have my full respect for what you have achieved on the battlefield,

/salute and well done!

Enjoy the moment! :D

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

I remember back in October, after HoD collapsed, 2 super servers were brewing in the lower tiers. One was Sea of Sorrows, the other was Sanctum of Rall. They met in tier 3 for the first time, with both sides putting in amazing fights and the momentum of the match up constantly swinging with the other server trying to punch harder than the other. The best thing about this match up was not the scores, but the fights had on the field. A lot of people who were on SoS agree that SoR NA gave the best fights, were the most skilled and organized Americans of any server SoS ever faced. SoR were better than the servers in tier 1.

Sanctum of Rall has had to be consecutive runners up over a very long period of time. Yet their guilds have stayed loyal to the server, and stayed strong. Many of the guilds I saw all those months ago, are still on SoR today.

But it is not only the old guilds that have made SoR server, the new arrivals that have moved to SoR, have had the guts to join the underdog in order to balance the competition. These guilds must also be congratulated and have contributed just as much as anyone else on SoR!

Sanctum of Rall has a lot of skill and organization, WvW is based around coverage,. But SoR has not won tier 1 through coverage, they’ve won it through courage!

/salute and well done!

Enjoy the moment!

Thank you for your kind words, getting the win against 2 strong servers such as BG and JQ makes it all the more special for us. Whether we keep the title for an extended period of time or not, the ride was amazing and more importantly we look forward to a fun and competitive T1 through the summer and we on SoR truly hope it stays balanced regardless of who takes the #1 spot.

We have purposefully turned away three guilds in the last week from transferring here for now as we do not know how the true balance of the tier is. It is our hope that we can all create a fun and competitive tier so that everyone can enjoy WvW without all the negativity.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

SOR-SBI, KN,SOS,IOJ

me think you sykkob and your SOR buddies are angry.
me no mad. me just having fun with angry sor.

SBI – 3 guilds
SoS – 3 guilds
IoJ – 1 guild

Whilst BG absorbed majority of said populations.
BG tears are the sweetest.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I never mentioned any guild names of anyone that I have been speaking to, but if I were discussing things with Pyro, I can tell you that there have been no agreements to move to JQ. Only an informational interview of operations.

…that’s if I were to be in discussions with Pyro…

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

/salute and well done!

Enjoy the moment!

I’d just like to note that Roger “Oldroar” Rall’s birthday was two days ago. He would be proud. c:

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

tbh I hope jq does get 1-2 na guilds 1 oceanic and 1 eu I hope ur eu isn’t a large guild just cause u have a huge sea but u need 1 to fill ur coverage tho

as for bg I think they need 1 strong na guild and a small eu guild also to help out rk again not a huge eu guild because they have the second largest sea next to jq

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

You guys should troll less.

The amusing thing is, both those guilds while feared by their enemies will be the first to say, they probably had the least to do with the win and that it was a true server effort.

But keep trying to create dissension like you guys used to with FOO and JQ.

remember what you did;posted when BG first beat JQ?

Blackgate since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

For every good person on SoR that understands this is a game, please explain that to those on EB right now that attempted to 2v1 JQ by spawn camping us. Seriously, not a gracious way to usher in your first win.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Cover Girl.2580

For every good person on SoR that understands this is a game, please explain that to those on EB right now that attempted to 2v1 JQ by spawn camping us. Seriously, not a gracious way to usher in your first win.

Isn’t that how the game is played? attack people?

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

both those guilds while feared by their enemies

speak for yourself. what is there to fear?

in Match-ups

DeWolfe.2174

As if picking the one blue dot from the sea of green dots, isn’t an attempt at grieving?

There’s a large difference between playing a game for fun and playing it to grieve. It’s the latter that’s the issue with the population decrease in WvW. No one would be recruiting if players weren’t leaving.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Cover Girl.2580

As if picking the one blue dot from the sea of green dots, isn’t an attempt at grieving?

There’s a large difference between playing a game for fun and playing it to grieve. It’s the latter that’s the issue with the population decrease in WvW. No one would be recruiting if players weren’t leaving.

players wouldnt be dying it other players wouldnt be killing…

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

/salute and well done!

Enjoy the moment!

I agree!!!! Well done sanctum of raaawwwwwrrrrr!

Enjoy my darlings!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

How……is this possible?

Attachments:

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Match-ups

Pvp.2758

and more… LOL

Attachments:

in Match-ups

DeWolfe.2174

In the foreground does the one say Superior Ballista? Why would anyone troll with all that? Did someone have a meltdown? That’s way odd….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

its sor lol I have seen some toss down sup trebs right on a gate just for a laugh

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zhrek.9781

Zhrek.9781

Gratz SOR on your 1st win, seems a lot people think the sky is falling now that you guys got a win. You guys have been fighting T3 towers for months from both BG and JQ. Now that IRON showed up(and was able to carry what your SEA/Ocean held) and gave your NA some love, they seem to cry you only win, cause your T3 towers and EU. You guys did it with an all around team effort( all time zones) and the fact they fold against T3 towers and you guys didn’t, only shows how much you guys were able to over come. Gratz well done. 4 weeks and 3 different winners, how can we ask for more? Glad we have parity on NA servers!

(edited by Zhrek.9781)

in Match-ups

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Gratz to SoR this week, you guys really fought hard for a long time for this so enjoy your well deserved victory! <3 So many great guilds on SoR I love seeing out there everynite, just sometimes wouldn’t mind seeing a few less of you in the same spot but we make do best we can.

I am excited at the possibility of seeing some balance in tier 1 as that has been rare and think it is time for us all to chill out over the outmanned buff, think of it as a boon instead. Lets give this some time and see how things settle out. I get nervous whenever people start screaming for more coverage in off peaks hours because WvW players have become a rare and precious commodity and therr are only so many of them out there in any given timezone. If we are pulling them all into tier 1, what does that do the rest of the worlds? I think we will all have a lot less skill lag and blob attacks if we ease up on the WvW player vacuums and let things balance out a bit.

/salute to SoR, way to go guys! TW love you guys forever even if I could do with few less of your forum warriors.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in Match-ups

Posted by: keelhaul.8039

keelhaul.8039

Congrats SoR.

Impressive week, and although your opponents were far from their best, you took control pretty early on and in emphatic style.

Enjoy the top of the wave.

[OnS] Carpal Tunnel – Ele
[OnS] C A R P A L – Norn Guardian Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

I would like a few words with those saying IRON carried SoR.

IRON did not carry SoR. No, they strapped us to a rocket and blasted us into first. It was horrific! They come here saying they just want to sell us girl scout cookies and wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am the next thing we know we wake up strapped to this rocket flying at mach 3 about to land in god knows where, surrounded by god knows what, armed with nothing but a toothpick and a banana.

Yep, it was that cool honestly.

And yeah…. I have 27 unconfirmed kills with my toothpick.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

(edited by Fixeon.5076)

in Match-ups

Posted by: assasin of warr.9517

assasin of warr.9517

Congrats to SoR for the win this week.

ty

gl next week bg hope to be fun a fun matchup next week

cosmic force

cosmic force
elementalist for The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Proud member (mesmer ofc) for YOLO.

in Match-ups

assasin of warr.9517

/salute and well done!

Enjoy the moment!

tyvm dude

see you next week for some great fights bg

cosmic force

cosmic force

in Match-ups

assasin of warr.9517

Gratz to SoR this week, you guys really fought hard for a long time for this so enjoy your well deserved victory! <3 So many great guilds on SoR I love seeing out there everynite, just sometimes wouldn’t mind seeing a few less of you in the same spot but we make do best we can.

I am excited at the possibility of seeing some balance in tier 1 as that has been rare and think it is time for us all to chill out over the outmanned buff, think of it as a boon instead. Lets give this some time and see how things settle out. I get nervous whenever people start screaming for more coverage in off peaks hours because WvW players have become a rare and precious commodity and therr are only so many of them out there in any given timezone. If we are pulling them all into tier 1, what does that do the rest of the worlds? I think we will all have a lot less skill lag and blob attacks if we ease up on the WvW player vacuums and let things balance out a bit.

/salute to SoR, way to go guys! TW love you guys forever even if I could do with few less of your forum warriors.

i just like my guildys man. cant see them getting wiped on the other part of the map. so i stay with them

cosmic force

cosmic force

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

Thanks for Our Bay back JQ~

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

in Match-ups

Posted by: SgtJanitor.3164

SgtJanitor.3164

I want to preface all of what I’m about to say with this: What an awesome week.

Congratulations to Sanctum of Rall on your very first and very well earned victory! You all truly deserve it. You have put in a lot of work this week and I have to say that even though we knew you guys were tough as it is, you really did surprise us all with this week’s showing! And it’s even better knowing that you guys won it all so close to your legendary namesake’s birthday. He’d surely be proud of all of you. As my friend Cirus said above, you all have earned my personal respect this week.

That all being said, I hope you’re all ready to bring it just as hard this coming week! GoF will never stop competing, and we hope to continue to grow as a guild through the challenges you guys throw at us each day. Keep it coming, because we won’t be holding back, so don’t you hold back either!

<3 Teurix, Get of Fenris [GoF] Lieutenant and Commander.

Heurix
Authorized Shoutcaster for ArenaNet, ESL, and DPS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Where are all my score updates? Where are you Cuddlestrike?

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ultra Hades.4691

Ultra Hades.4691

Wow SoR, you did a bad thing… now prepared to be bored by the lack of challenge.

[WL] Kin Bear

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Wow SoR, you did a bad thing… now prepared to be bored by the lack of challenge.

No, I disagree. SoR did a good thing. A wonderful thing!

We’ve seen over the past month or two now what each server can do when they’re at their best. Now imagine if we can get all three servers together, bringing their best at the same time?

It would be freakin’ amazing!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manen.7253

Manen.7253

Good news for PVEer in all Tier 1 servers. We all can done 100% map complete in the last 4 weeks.

Bad news for Dragonbrand, its road to T1 is closed……………………..

in Match-ups

Pvp.2758

Listening to an Australian chick sing on Team Speak at 8:30 AM.

SoR > All

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boomslang.4352

Boomslang.4352

Grats to SoR. Map completion for everyone in T1 now.

Black Gate Altaholic.
level 80 × 8 = 0 gold

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

What fragile balance? There is no balance right now and balance won’t be coming to T1 for a long while. EU guilds rarely ever move to NA servers.

Look, John is one of the behind the scenes guys on SoR who’s trying to help keep things comfortable for everyone. If you guys work with him a little instead of crabbing we might actually GET balance instead of having to COMPLAIN about it.
KnT, SF, you guys can manage to act like grownups sometimes. Somebody wanna give him a whisper, we’re getting a fair-sized amount of bites from guilds outside the tier here. It’s time to end the cycle of t1.

in Match-ups

oxide.8324

SoR > All

Listening to Jarvan sing Celine Dion on TS

BG > all

in Match-ups

oxide.8324

Look, John is one of the behind the scenes guys on SoR who’s trying to help keep things comfortable for everyone. If you guys work with him a little instead of crabbing we might actually GET balance instead of having to COMPLAIN about it.
KnT, SF, you guys can manage to act like grownups sometimes. Somebody wanna give him a whisper, we’re getting a fair-sized amount of bites from guilds outside the tier here. It’s time to end the cycle of t1.

Incredibly optimistic but I very much doubt a good balance across T1 servers is achievable.

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

SoR > All

shes actually quite good, might be a spy though, we lost 100 points since then ..