Score update

Attachments:

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chasan.3521

Chasan.3521

You know you play to much when you try and rotate a screenshot thinking you’re rotating the camera.

Texas – warrior SoR
Kalima – ranger
resident rally bait

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Yup that’s why you’re losing.
Somebody shot an arrow cart.

You may think its trivial, but heres perspective as the only commander pin in EB for 6 hours of EU prime, with almost no one in voice coms and a max of maybe 5 organised ppl from any single guild and alternating in and out of Outmanned whevener IRON ported their 30 man blob in to squash any PuGs that threatened sor holdings.

We were doing very well just to hold on to our upgraded keep outmanned. And we did so mainly by utilising defensive siege.

NA prime starts, and I left the map for a minute to get a replacement guild to buff the keep and replace me, noticed the waypoint contested and ported back to see a golem rush breaching watergate. Myself and a few other started to man the inner trebs and arrow carts that could easily have held the gate until reinforcements came, only to have them shot out from under us by an arrow cart that had no business doing that legitimately, as there is no legit field of view into there from outside.

We lost the keep followed soon after by everything else and had to hand over a red EB to our NA prime team.

The posted screenshots have been removed since they showed a SoR player name openly exploiting. I will send them privately to Anet instead.

You can hit the lord room with an AC if u place one on the outer ramparts near the main outer entrance or on the outer supply shed. Not saying that was the case here, but it can be done.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

You know you play to much when you try and rotate a screenshot thinking you’re rotating the camera.

Also when you hover over the screenshot looking for the tool tip.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

Anyone else notice the sudden lack of 2v1, etc, complaints this week? Oh yeah…the usual whiners have moved-on to gloating.

Did I just enter the twilight zone? Pretty sure BG has a monopoly on the 2v1 complaints.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

Anyone with an eyefinity setup has a hugely larger FOV and camera view than anyone else. you can easily rotate the camera so that the sides of the screen extend to a further viewable distance than other clients without it. The few times I have run with fear they make a point of pointing out that you can place an arrowcart right up against a keep or tower wall beside the gates and do this.

If thats true, maybe someone with this setup can test the camera view at Bravost and show us if this cart can fire on the inner courtyard from the position shown in the 2 screens.

I see three rings in that screen shot. 1 ring on the eastern wall. Two rings in the center. Where did the other 2 AOE’s come from? Are you sure they didn’t AC through the door’s gap?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

I just want to apologize for stars on behalf of T2; these wagonbranders, particularly the RE and CO, seem to forget what tier they are in from time to time.

How are you enjoying Mayoken and CO so far? Keep tabs on them. The lulz flows like water with these guys.

WoDan.4079:Anyone else notice the sudden lack of 2v1, etc, complaints this week? Oh yeah…the usual whiners have moved-on to gloating.

Yshyr.8709:Did I just enter the twilight zone? Pretty sure BG has a monopoly on the 2v1 complaints..

^ this. Also, why are the old school BG players raging about 2v1,exploits and hacks? I remember when BG was in T-1 the first go round and the forums were exactly 957 pages long with complaints of the JQ/SBI double team conspiracy. I also remember every orb in T-1 mysteriously vanishing and being unavailable for capture. Hell the orbs are gone from GW because of BG <3. That’s another reason I’m still shocked WM went to BG after all the funny posts they made about how BG had no honor.

For the record I love most BG. They are some hard hitting nutjobs that don’t really fear a whole lot. They just complain quite a bit, which makes them adorable.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

(edited by Cover Girl.2580)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

I see three rings in that screen shot. 1 ring on the eastern wall. Two rings in the center. Where did the other 2 AOE’s come from? Are you sure they didn’t AC through the door’s gap?

The outer wall ring was a dragon tooth.

I was running above the gate looking for their acs , there was no carts placed there using the usual area to aim through the hole above the gate, the only cart I could find firing at the time of the red circles was at the side corner outside as show.

But if its legit using an eyefinity setup, that would be good to know at least.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

^ this. Also, why are the old school BG players raging about 2v1,exploits and hacks? I remember when BG was in T-1 the first go round and the forums were exactly 957 pages long with complaints of the JQ/SBI double team conspiracy. I also remember every orb in T-1 mysteriously vanishing and being unavailable for capture. Hell the orbs are gone from GW because of BG <3. That’s another reason I’m still shocked WM went to BG after all the funny posts they made about how BG had no honor.

Yay let’s bring up things that happened 7 months ago like it was yesterday and nothing changed. Seems legit.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Cover Girl.2580

Yay let’s bring up things that happened 7 months ago like it was yesterday and nothing changed. Seems legit.

It’s very relevant when I see the same BG people that were always posting about 2v1 accuse SoR of exploit and 2v1 crying. It’s a vicious circle of life I guess.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Anyone with an eyefinity setup has a hugely larger FOV and camera view than anyone else. you can easily rotate the camera so that the sides of the screen extend to a further viewable distance than other clients without it. The few times I have run with fear they make a point of pointing out that you can place an arrowcart right up against a keep or tower wall beside the gates and do this.

If thats true, maybe someone with this setup can test the camera view at Bravost and show us if this cart can fire on the inner courtyard from the position shown in the 2 screens.

You can simulate it without having multiple monitors by doing alt+enter and resizing the window so that its width is 100% of the screen’s width and its height is around 25% of the screen’s height. In some spots you can just barely see over walls but FEAR have the amazing ability to hit absolutely anywhere inside any tower/keep so I very much doubt they are doing it with multiple monitors or a resized window.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I do it on Youtube video’s the worst!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

dosent really make sense when you are protected in the tower and yet you cant shoot the ac outside but the ac outside can shoot on the inner

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Orion.9075

Orion.9075

You can simulate it without having multiple monitors by doing alt+enter and resizing the window so that its width is 100% of the screen’s width and its height is around 25% of the screen’s height. In some spots you can just barely see over walls but FEAR have the amazing ability to hit absolutely anywhere inside any tower/keep so I very much doubt they are doing it with multiple monitors or a resized window.

Having run with fear all the time, I can assure you they aren’t using any hacks. Someone even asked recently on TS if they were and they explained exactly how to do it.

in Match-ups

Orion.9075

Grats to SoR, obviously you know as much as BG knows, 1 guild doesn’t make you go from Red to Green and a 50k plus lead. You guys showed everyone the true SoR this week, about dern’time!

Honestly, I think it does. SoR now has coverage during a time that leads straight into their strong NA. Thus, NA is even stronger and the server has a peak for a lot longer. When you have 2/4 timezones really strong, it makes a big difference. I mean, SoR isn’t just now showing their potential… they did it NA all the time. Just now, they have the coverage of another great guild during another time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Small havoc [RIOT] group footage from the last month of this madness we call Tier 1! Please forgive the strong language!

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Have you never seen a volley of arrows before? its like Warfare 101

I never have used an ac in reality, but I know how it works. And even in reality you have a minimum angle to fire if you are too close to a wall or you can try to shoot them straight up and hope the wind carries all those arrows away from you.
But GW2 is far away from reality, which doesn’t make exploits legit

GW2 might be far from reality, but shooting arrows straight up in the air for them to land on their desired target (raining arrows) has been used for over 10,000 years.

Being able to shoot over walls is a deliberate in game mechanic because that is how an arrow works.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

GW2 might be far from reality, but shooting arrows straight up in the air for them to land on their desired target (raining arrows) has been used for over 10,000 years.

Not exactly straight up…
When I was a boy learning to shoot a bow, my pops was quite explicit about NOT doing that. Arrows do require more than the force of gravity to do their work. A ballistic path (arc) does still retain some of the kinetic energy from the bow.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bren.9320

Bren.9320

Not exactly straight up…
When I was a boy learning to shoot a bow, my pops was quite explicit about NOT doing that. Arrows do require more than the force of gravity to do their work. A ballistic path (arc) does still retain some of the kinetic energy from the bow.

Not some energy, its all the energy arrow has, unless target is lower then shooter. Gravity doesn’t add any energy, by shooting up you only convert Kinetic energy to Potential energy, and then back on the way down.
Just saying…

Breny |IRON| Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Book learnin’ in mah Dub v dub?

I like it!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

I do that way too often, or try to put the cursor over a pin to see who it is.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Not exactly straight up…

Not some energy, its all the energy arrow has, unless target is lower then shooter. Gravity doesn’t add any energy, by shooting up you only convert Kinetic energy to Potential energy, and then back on the way down.
Just saying…

The earth pulls thing to it at 32 feet per second. That is terminal velocity.
A good bow releases the arrow at around 300 fps. Air resistance and gravity do have an effect on the arrow as it travels, but my point was dropping an arrow from above don’t work so good. Neither does shooting one straight up… That and the whole arrow falling on your head thing, which dad was quite adamant about..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I was running above the gate looking for their acs , there was no carts placed there using the usual area to aim through the hole above the gate, the only cart I could find firing at the time of the red circles was at the side corner outside as show.

You say aiming the cart through the whole in the door like that is a legit thing yet condemn other means. Let me ask what difference does it make. In order to look through the hole above the door are you not rotating your camera and building AC in very specific spots. Sounds 1 in the same to me bro.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Match-ups

Cirus.5748

Not exactly straight up…

I see, interesting.

I thought that with a hunting arrow, the heaviest part which is the head would always land first? and if you shoot it a great distance up in the air, I wouldn’t want to be underneath it! Those things are sharp.

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Not exactly straight up…

Just saying…

The earth pulls thing to it at 32 feet per second. That is terminal velocity.
A good bow releases the arrow at around 300 fps. Air resistance and gravity do have an effect on the arrow as it travels, but my point was dropping an arrow from above don’t work so good. Neither does shooting one straight up… That and the whole arrow falling on your head thing, which dad was quite adamant about..

Actually, it’s 32 ft per second squared. Terminal velocity is determined largely by resistance and friction, not gravity alone. Shooting an arrow straight up will be less powerful than in an arc. When you shoot straight up your arrow actually looses all the energy the bow gave it and, if you did it right, comes to a complete stop before falling, in which case you only have gravity vs. air resistance affecting it. By firing in an arc you retain much of the momentum of the bow.

Force = Mass * Acceleration. Acceleration by gravity alone is much less than that provided by a bow. At least initially.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dementia.9543

Dementia.9543

I do not personally have an eyefinity setup but a shot would be nice. There is a similiar spot that can hit trebs on the third floor platuea thing in sm from outside of the walls. Someone personaly did it to me when I was trying to treb Wildcreek from SM.

Onskii – 80 Asura Necromancer
Chillynipps – 80 Human Elementalist
[TSYM] – SOR
(Undefeated)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

Please, no math, I don’t need more math in my life.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Not exactly straight up…

I see, interesting.

I thought that with a hunting arrow, the heaviest part which is the head would always land first? and if you shoot it a great distance up in the air, I wouldn’t want to be underneath it! Those things are sharp.

The head isn’t really the heaviest part of an arrow. Well, in primitive parts of arrows it was I imagine. In a modern hunting arrow the tip is a fine balance between weight and area of effect, mostly ultra-thin razors are used to inflict as much bleeding as possible. You’ve likely heard the term Broadhead. What makes an arrow travel staight is the fletching, or feathers at the rear of the arrow. In order for them to work air must travel over the vanes at a speed to compensate for gravity pulling the front of the arrow down. When simply falling out of the air, an arrow tumbles.. Which is mostly worthless for doing more than making a dumb leto cry if it hits him on his fool head.

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Please, no math, I don’t need more math in my life.

No math, just basic physics…. OK so math lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

You say aiming the cart through the whole in the door like that is a legit thing yet condemn other means. Let me ask what difference does it make. In order to look through the hole above the door are you not rotating your camera and building AC in very specific spots. Sounds 1 in the same to me bro.

I think it’s all lame, but that’s what we have and all servers do it.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

what I really don’t get is them giving AC’s a gtaoe style aiming when every other siege type fires in an arc. I understand it’s to get them wall humpers, but it is the foundation of this issue. Maybe if they gave us big rocks we could throw down, like them fancy PvE types gets to use…

in Match-ups

Cirus.5748

Not exactly straight up…

I see, interesting.

The head isn’t really the heaviest part of an arrow. Well, in primitive parts of arrows it was I imagine. In a modern bow the tip is a fine balance between weight and area of effect, mostly ultra-thin razors are used to inflict as much bleeding as possible. You’ve likely heard the term Broadhead. What makes an arrow travel staight is the fletching, or feathers at the rear of the arrow. In order for them to work air must travel over the vanes at a speed to compensate for gravity pulling the front of the arrow down. When simply falling out of the air, an arrow tumbles.. Which is mostly worthless for doing more than making a dumb leto cry if it hits him is his fool head.

Oh, I meant in a medieval context! :P

I thought that a medieval arrow landing with gravity alone would be enough to kill a person. Especially if there were thousands of them at once.

That said it probably wouldn’t be practical enough for it to ever be used compared to the distance and power of a ballistic trajectory.

Still, thanks for the lesson!

(edited by Cirus.5748)

in Match-ups

Cover Girl.2580

I don’t give two kittens about any of the math or laws of physics. If I’m standing outside a keep or castle and an arrow hits me, I dont care if its traveling at 450 fps or 2 inches an hour that kitten will hurt and I will pack my sword and shield and gtfo.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Not exactly straight up…

I see, interesting.

The head isn’t really the heaviest part of an arrow. Well, in primitive parts of arrows it was I imagine. In a modern bow the tip is a fine balance between weight and area of effect, mostly ultra-thin razors are used to inflict as much bleeding as possible. You’ve likely heard the term Broadhead. What makes an arrow travel staight is the fletching, or feathers at the rear of the arrow. In order for them to work air must travel over the vanes at a speed to compensate for gravity pulling the front of the arrow down. When simply falling out of the air, an arrow tumbles.. Which is mostly worthless for doing more than making a dumb leto cry if it hits him is his fool head.

Oh, I meant in a medieval context! :P

I thought that a medieval arrow landing with gravity alone would be enough to kill a person. Especially if there were thousands of them at once.

That said it probably wouldn’t be practical enough for it to ever be used compared to the distance and power of a ballistic trajectory.

Well, with say like an English longbow, Broadheads weren’t used. They employed a different type of head called a Bodkin, basically a thin narrow point no thicker than the shaft of the arrow to penetrate armor.
The hail of arrows still employed ballistic arcs, an archer would fire arrows in quick succession starting at a high arc and descending with each shot so they all land at roughly at the same time. This practice is still in use today with artillery barrages.

But still, the killing force is derived from the bow, not gravity. A pointy wooden stick falling from the sky doesn’t have the energy to pass through much flesh.. Just enough to cause an owie

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magni.2835

Magni.2835

Arrows lose energy from air resistance (friction) only, not gravity. High arcs have longer travel time and therefore lose more energy from friction.

Another reason not to trust internet forums for your info.

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Arrows lose energy from air resistance (friction) only, not gravity. High arcs have longer travel time and therefore lose more energy from friction.

Shoot one straight up. Imagine there’s no air. What happens?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Take the blue pill!!!!

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Shoot one straight up. Imagine there’s no air. What happens?

QQ session successfully diverted into classroom /hifive

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The difference is it in not intended. And it is adaptable so if anyone does use it this way placement of siege can be counter positioned It also gives the same result as using a hack. That in my eyes is deplorable. But apparently some have lower standards than others. SOR shall thus be the server that thinks using external programs to get an advantage is acceptable.

(edited by sostronk.8167)

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

The difference is it in not intended. And it is adaptable so if anyone does use it this way placement of siege can be counter positioned It also gives the same result as using a hack. That in my eyes is deplorable. But apparently some have lower standards than others. SOR shall thus be the server that thinks zoom hacks are fine.

Aww hurt our feewings :’(

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Congrats to SoR for the win this week.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Match-ups

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

Who cares if FEAR has a mandatory camera download as part of their screening process. The tells you get from them when you kill their arrow cart with your own are amazing.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Score update.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Dementia.9543

I have come across many hackers or what I though where hackers in wvw but the majority of people regardless of server do not use them. wvw is huge and a few poeple hacking cannot turn the tide. it is just like poeple having spies in ts and on our (or yours) server feeding the other servers information. they may be somewhat effective but its not going to make or break a whole matchup.

Onskii – 80 Asura Necromancer
Chillynipps – 80 Human Elementalist
[TSYM] – SOR
(Undefeated)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

I have come across many hackers or what I though where hackers in wvw but the majority of people regardless of server do not use them. wvw is huge and a few poeple hacking cannot turn the tide. it is just like poeple having spies in ts and on our (or yours) server feeding the other servers information. they may be somewhat effective but its not going to make or break a whole matchup.

I have always felt if you need to cheat at a video game to win, you need to re-evaluate your life. Use that energy to find a cure for AIDS or something.

in Match-ups

Orion.9075

Who cares if FEAR has a mandatory camera download as part of their screening process. The tells you get from them when you kill their arrow cart with your own are amazing.

Wait, I didn’t hear about this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I’ve totally done that.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The difference is it in not intended. And it is adaptable so if anyone does use it this way placement of siege can be counter positioned It also gives the same result as using a hack. That in my eyes is deplorable. But apparently some have lower standards than others. SOR shall thus be the server that thinks zoom hacks are fine.

Aww hurt our feewings :’(

I changed it a bit. Im a grown man and Id hate to hurt your feelings.

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Im a grown man

Orly?
Had me fooled

in Match-ups

Dementia.9543

my free trial account expired