Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

SCORE UPDATE!

Must not engage agruments on forum…. must not engage….

How scary is Kuro’s backpack!? That thing is kitten creepy to say the least… If I see him in WvW I’ll be running away from him

I saw that when commanding EB in late NA, a few of us screamed “KILL IT WITH FIRE” when it was pointed out and a few references to particular types of anime were made (won’t go into it too much lol). Regardless, those backpacks look kittening weird.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

well that sucks then and srry for that but still man the fact he is going on about 1 guild xfering in that fields 20-30 not 80 like he thinks is just getting tired

lets not forget that was a dead zone for sor at the time and bg had a stronger sea then sor does so that 1 guild helps but isn’t the issue

I have it from a reliable source that they have around 120 transferring

Doesn’t mean they field that many at one time or will.
ner ner.

Didn’t say it did.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

The only solution to balance the tier again: equal EU coverage and a third server that can push back and put pressure on the other two. I think people are underestimating just how big an effect JQs disappearance has on the competition.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zagan.5287

Zagan.5287

BG will always play hard and get hyped. SoR will play the same as if nothing happened. JQ is DEAD.

in Match-ups

Tarkus.4109

BG will always play hard and get hyped. SoR will play the same as if nothing happened. JQ is DEAD.

Not so much dead but declining, there is a solid core that will remain there after the bandwagoners jump ship – as is what happens to most t1 (rank 1) servers, look at what happened to HoD or SoS as an example. I have a lot of respect for the guilds that are sticking by their guns on JQ (SF et al), and wish the best for them in the future.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

The only solution to balance the tier again: equal EU coverage and a third server that can push back and put pressure on the other two. I think people are underestimating just how big an effect JQs disappearance has on the competition.

Makes me feel bad for the EU servers since they had to deal with much worse from getting NA guilds over there seeing how big an affect it has.

Also TW needs a server of its own just to fit all that ego in it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Not so much dead but declining, there is a solid core that will remain there after the bandwagoners jump ship – as is what happens to most t1 (rank 1) servers, look at what happened to HoD or SoS as an example. I have a lot of respect for the guilds that are sticking by their guns on JQ (SF et al), and wish the best for them in the future.

Pls point me to the so called bandwagoners. You did get one thing correct, that JQ has a core set of players. It is why we have the most medals. It is the work of Champions.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Worst case we go T2. Which isn’t even that bad. We lose some bandwagoners that open up space for real guilds to join and revisit T1. Thats if we even drop from T1 at all. JQ server status no longer full? Time to get some Euro guilds to join. Come on Euro guilds join JQ.

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Anyone know any guilds who do spvp, no matter which server?

[SAV]

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score update!

I’m dancing on sunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

(edited by CuddleStrike.8215)

in Match-ups

Tarkus.4109

Pls point me to the so called bandwagoners. You did get one thing correct, that JQ has a core set of players. It is why we have the most medals. It is the work of Champions.

Calm down buddy it wasn’t meant as a knock (no need to be hyper-defensive), I’m talking about the guys who transferred from SoS to JQ when transfers were up – they were mostly the PvE guys who would consitute the militia force. These guys will transfer to the highest ranking server for their PvE Buffs and map control. In terms of naming individual guilds, I’m not into calling specific guilds “bandwagon guilds” (as I was in one that was called one, ala. DiE as an officer), but more to the individuals who are not affiliated to the major ones and will transfer once things get difficult.

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: syNc.5840

syNc.5840

Okay so let me get this straight. All of this rage coming from BG about us getting a guild in a timeslot we have uncovered.

Recently Received Guilds:

BG: WM, RISE, Meow, ND, Merc
Sor: IRON, AFS
JQ: ?

So BG gets 3-4 LARGE guilds and a couple complimentary. We receive a large Euro guild and a kitten little SEA guild.

Quit your whining.

Also, updated PPT!

I wonder what’s the word behind that kitten

Lord Commander
[GC] Golden Company X I I I // www.gcxiii.com
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I fully expect BG’s midweek push to begin tomorrow. I also expect JQ to make a triumph return after a much needed break.

in Match-ups

Posted by: washu.8670

washu.8670

Finally took only 4 days a good EU guild kill off competetion in NA T1, brings back comparison when HB (DEYS alliance) carried a T3 Blackgate to T1 only to realised they have to play during NA timezone for actual competition.
AFAIK 1 week ago, BG is actually trying to recruit IRON to fight the superior SoR NA. I guess during that time when IRON were scouting T1 NA, they only saw 500 ppt BG during EU (must be EU players lol).

This might still to early but I think SoR got this, congrats on your first T1 win, Where are my pretentious wolves posters at, or are they actually learning some humility first now that they’r on top.
SoR – now a 24/7 server that likes to blob (murderball, starcraft term for 1-A)
BG – no more easy mode after SEA primetime?
JQ – whats goin on? pull yourselves together champ

in Match-ups

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Why is everyone hating on TW? Is that your way of easing the kitten?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andile.2963

Andile.2963

Okay so let me get this straight. All of this rage coming from BG about us getting a guild in a timeslot we have uncovered.

So BG gets 3-4 LARGE guilds and a couple complimentary. We receive a large Euro guild and a kitten little SEA guild.

Quit your whining.

Also, updated PPT!

I am certain that the word typed was “kitten” as in implying that we are adorable and endearing.

[AFS] Ragnangar

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

I remember when JQ was one loss away from going to T-2. We all wrote them off. SBI was staying in and JQ was gone. Next week.. JQ drank some redbull, lined up and turned into the Ultimate Warrior. They bumped us out of T-1 and hulked up till they destroyed SOS. Don’t rule them out JUST yet…

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SsQ.3681

SsQ.3681

Oh and btw, when did we get stuck with Cover Girl in the thread again??? That’s so 2012….

I was enjoying the days of 2013

I blush at both of you. Cookie didn’t you go to Kain with Mayo?

I don’t feel like I know who Mayo is, I may have forgotten. I went to SoR at the same time as UL, NYS and SSQ. Been here since. Not that Cookie is a very original name, there probably was a Cookie that went to Kain.

I think mayo is mayoken o_o

Cover Girl you back gw2?

Ssq And Her Happy Partners [SAHP]

Ssq

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Quit your whining.

Also, updated PPT!

I am certain that the word typed was “kitten” as in implying that we are adorable and endearing.

[AFS] Ragnangar

We ARE adorable and fun to be with.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

Good fights everyone. I can’t wait to see what next week unfolds.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

If you see a faded sign at the side of the road that says
“15 miles to the
Love Shack”
Love Shack, yeah, yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Oh and btw, when did we get stuck with Cover Girl in the thread again??? That’s so 2012….

I don’t feel like I know who Mayo is, I may have forgotten. I went to SoR at the same time as UL, NYS and SSQ. Been here since. Not that Cookie is a very original name, there probably was a Cookie that went to Kain.

Cover Girl you back gw2?

I am back! Ready to do work like we used to? I ask about you every day to your guild mates and they always say you are at work <3 Glad you’re still around.. How do you like SoR still?

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

(edited by Cover Girl.2580)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

well tbh I think this weeks score is a little out of whack because the third server jq seems to be taking it off or something once the third server wakes up and fight in na and sea like they used to or a new server comes up the ppt will be closer for all 3

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

R.I.P Blackgate?

actually JQ is more susceptible to an implosion than BG.

long Winning Streak (Egos) → 1 loss (scapegoating, blaming, Drama) = HOD, SBI, SOS and pretty soon JQ. hope you guys survive a drop to tier 2 and come back strong.

losing streak however can make or break a server.
either you bandwagon to another server or…. endure and grow as a stronger and even tighter community.

I of know a certain server who couldn’t get past IoJ wall in tier 2, accused of being hackers by two ex-champs and kicked out of tier 1 three times by JQ,SBI and SOS.

and while typing all this nonsense i realized that there is another server
that has been kicked in the balls by SOS back in tier 4? or 5? kitten by BG for 9 weeks in tier 2 and countless defeat from JQ in tier 1.

:)

Congrats to SOR if you win this week.

Blackgate since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Oops sorry AFS the word behind kitten was another word for ‘kickbutt’, darn that looked bad.

Anywho, HL had a decent time in EB tonight. We ended up taking All of JQ’s side of the map minus langor and had the JQ keep for around an hour before BG pressured our SMC/towers too much for the numbers we were fielding.

3:15 AM EST and we’re ticking at +350? Ill take it.

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

I remember when JQ was one loss away from going to T-2. We all wrote them off. SBI was staying in and JQ was gone. Next week.. JQ drank some redbull, lined up and turned into the Ultimate Warrior. They bumped us out of T-1 and hulked up till they destroyed SOS. Don’t rule them out JUST yet…

According to Glicko, no one is going no where for a long time. And i really mean a
loooonnngggg time.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Why is everyone hating on TW? Is that your way of easing the kitten?

I don’t think being #1 is anything new to them considering they were on JQ when it first got to the #1 spot before they came to SoR back when it was #17.

And from what I hear from Indo/TW in TS, they are hoping that SoR does not run away with it because they like the underdog grind and enjoy building the community more than the end result of being #1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

naw feared bg is a very strong server I think right now they r either taking a break and resting or the morale of the militia is low mix that with them having to face sor ina 1v1 cause jq seems off there game

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Oh I kinda wish we were stacked. Then we could just murderball our way to victory. As it is there are a lot of charts, schedules and begging/rallying troops involved to pull off a win.

Our shadow looms large but we are really missing key coverage in certain timezones.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Good fights all around!

Gotta say, the attitude, comrade, and support on SoR has been an amazing experience. So nice to work with quality people who have a positive view of competition. Taking some restraint to push it hard, but they have it right, well get it when were ready, not when we decide to pull double shifts.

Love that we haven’t even sealed the deal yet, or even close to it, and the frenzied allegations of blame have begun flying around the forums. Glad to be back T1, try to do your talking on the field, and /salute to both sides!

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

With my adorable Sang <3

SO ADORABLE SANG

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Hope SoR doesn’t burn out after the server wide push this week and double times and triple times.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oresh.4729

Oresh.4729

jq:15 golds, 13 silvers, 3 bronzes, 1 chocolates medals
sor: 0 golds, 7 silvers, 7 bronzes, maybe 10 chocolates medals
BG: 3 golds, 4 silvers , 9 bronzes, 50 CHOCOLATES MEDALS

who is the king???

edit : now i want candies

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Dear Sanghae & Cuddle,

I’m really sorry about this but I really have to take it to a public forum as my private tells to him did not work.

Sanghae has been playing on SOR Asian Prime and have made promises to some of the ladies. I would recommend that Sang not sit so close to Cuddle for a picture. Asian girls are very sensitive about that. No disrespect to Cuddle, you’re a lovely creature.

FW

Score Update!

With my adorable Sang <3

SO ADORABLE SANG

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

who is the king???

Something only a JQ player would say.

JQ in third place, who is the king???

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Dear Sanghae & Cuddle,

I’m really sorry about this but I really have to take it to a public forum as my private tells to him did not work.

Sanghae has been playing on SOR Asian Prime and have made promises to some of the ladies. I would recommend that Sang not sit so close to Cuddle for a picture. Asian girls are very sensitive about that. No disrespect to Cuddle, you’re a lovely creature.

FW

Score Update!

With my adorable Sang <3

SO ADORABLE SANG

D:

It’s okay, Sang is adorable. I’m sure they’ll all agree! So don’t worry! Be happppppppppy!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Dear Sanghae & Cuddle,

FW

Score Update!

With my adorable Sang <3

SO ADORABLE SANG

D:

It’s okay, Sang is adorable. I’m sure they’ll all agree! So don’t worry! Be happppppppppy!

Don’t make me chase you around with my tentacles out again!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oresh.4729

Oresh.4729

who is the king???

say that to sos

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Dear Sanghae & Cuddle,

FW

Score Update!

With my adorable Sang <3

SO ADORABLE SANG

D:

Don’t make me chase you around with my tentacles out again!

BRING IT SHINI! I’ll beat you in a dance off!

Also those things are freaky! And the asian girls can have Sang, he not cheating on them! And I have pika! :P

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

who is the king???

Would you please… We have finals to worry about. I can’t say the same for SoR/BG. =/

… I still want tengu.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

The Queen of Blades.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

who is the king???

edit : now i want candies

Wow, JQ has been T1 for almost 8 months?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: sabrina as ranger.3125

sabrina as ranger.3125

Lets go SoR , Cheering till the bitter end ^^

[PYRO] Maguuma .

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I don’t think being #1 is anything new to them considering they were on JQ when it first got to the #1 spot before they came to SoR back when it was #17.

And from what I hear from Indo/TW in TS, they are hoping that SoR does not run away with it because they like the underdog grind and enjoy building the community more than the end result of being #1.

Indeed.
To achieve unchallenged dominance would be considered the greatest disaster in the servers history. I very much hope we’ve not overestimated our opponents tenacity.

Medal counts have only the value of their weight on my chest..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

No you’re Adorable Cuddles!

Fannwong shush.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Id be interested to see how the rankings go. Particularly to see who takes third place in highest gold medal tally (over stormbluff Isle). Not sure if it will be SOR or BG. I know BG have alot of skilled guilds but SOR is looking really strong these days and I think BG really need to adapt their tactics.

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Fannwong shush.

Sang! Shhhhhhhhhhhh! They’ll find out and beat me! I’ve been warned! Those asian females mean serious business!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Fannwong shush.

Sang! Shhhhhhhhhhhh! They’ll find out and beat me! I’ve been warned! Those asian females mean serious business!

I will protect you with my /ninja chop HAAAIIIIIYAAAAH!!!

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SsQ.3681

SsQ.3681

Cover Girl you back gw2?

I am back! Ready to do work like we used to? I ask about you every day to your guild mates and they always say you are at work <3 Glad you’re still around.. How do you like SoR still?

yea T_T I’m working when u get ready to play gw2…
SOR is sooooooooooooo nice o,o. There are many funny commanders here..

Ssq And Her Happy Partners [SAHP]

Ssq

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Too bad the majority of the BG forces are still stuck in work or traffic. Our players from PST will come back soon:)

Looking forward to it, lucky for us BG has the only employed PST out of all the servers right now

The scores indicate otherwise

Quit your whining.

You’re trying to argue that a single 124 man EU guild is less of an advantage than a handful of guilds split across NA/SEA? Lmao.

SoR already had the largest non-casual NA WvW population by far. 124 coordinated EU players running around uncontested capping t3 towers and keeps that other servers simply don’t have the manpower to defend is definitely more desirable than receiving a few NA/SEA guilds.

SoR is riding on their high moral at the moment on top of that, with NA players staying up late and EU players starting early, which is definitely helping to make them even harder to catch at the moment too.

We have not had 124 people move over mate (we may get to that number, I am still kicking those who have stopped playing/are’nt coming over, hopefully process will be finishexd by sunday). Also a number of our players are Euro daytime players, I guess the Asian timeslot (still trying to get used to when everyone plays). Tuesday Euro prime time is our busiest night and I guess we had around 50 in wvw. If counting the afk’s and lookouts/scouts on all maps and our smaller 5 man team we probably run with 30 odd at the moment.

We had support last night from the na guilds last night which helped alot compared to Monday but this will not always be the case. The only period where seem to lack proper competition is the period about an hour before NA prime time.

Anyway we are putting a massive effort in this week for a couple of reasons.

Firstly to start repaying the support we have had from all the guilds/people on SoR, I hope they realise how much we appreciate it.

Secondly we want to prove ourselves, we have not been playing competitive wvw for about 6 weeks now and need to get back up to scratch and we have also lost a large number of our best players.

At the moment we are working like crazy and pulling long shifts but I imagine this will calm down in the coming weeks.

Thankyou for all the nice comments from all servers btw.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/