Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

It’s fun. That’s a good place to start.

So are PvE and sPvP/tPvP.

Well yes, of course they are. The idea you need to convey is that WvW is a whole level of fun they’ve yet to experience in addition to the content they already enjoy. There are huge amounts of this game that many people have yet to set foot in and experience. I probably shouldn’t help BlackGate scum like this (I kid of course), but have you considered inviting people in L.A. who may be interested into a guest slot in your guild for an evening of seeing what WvW is like in an organized guild setting? That’s what hooked me… joining FIRE and experiencing WvW in that fashion. It was a fun side thing before, that made it an addiction. Just a thought.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Orion.9075

Orion.9075

What kind of support did SOR give you?

The same support that BG did to the guilds that wanted to come over but couldnt withouth our community help.
Is not a big deal, and there’s nothing wrong with donate gold to help new friends.
I still wonder why they keep saying that “BG is buying guilds” and trying to give us a bad reputation for so long and then they go and do the same!
Im surprised no1 is trakittenalking SoR right now and….oh wait!
Call me crazy, but mb when OTHERS do it, is not so bad!!! Lets see..

BG donate gold to help ppl get in? How dare you??! Blackhole destroyer of guilds!! Shame on you!! Your reputation is the worst!

SoR donate gold to the same objective? Oh, this is a real community, tight and perfect!! You should all watch and learn!

The same logic applied on the “overtime” nonsense…think about it!

BG won? Overtime lifeless nerds!

SoR winning? Is just bc you’re so good! Again, we should all watch and learn!

I think the main difference is we don’t offer guilds gold to come over. They decide to come over and perhaps if a few of their members couldn’t make it, we help them out. That’s the difference between buying guilds and not.

in Match-ups

Posted by: btowl.7869

btowl.7869

So, SoR is House Frey or Craster himself.

We did not break the Guest Right, nor do we enslave our wives and daughters while feeding our sons to the Others!

Given that, I’m not sure which house we are. Maybe we’re just Wildlings. Indo sings to us, so I guess that makes him similar to Mance and there’s a few who could pass for Tormund. HAR! Wildlings it is!

Engineer
What do you mean there are other races than Asura?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Orion.9075

Orion.9075

I still dont get it. BG had no issues or worries about ‘balance’ when they recieved pretty much every major guild from KN and was ticking 400+ pretty much perm.

Now SoR received 1 euro guild and have good fortune in regards to playing smart and the enemy playing sloppy its suddenly a broken T1 that’s unbalanced and will be for months.

BG and JQ have more players on there servers then SoR, even right now at midday UK time. IRON’s 100 people transferring over wasn’t enough to push our status from Very High to Full so the gap between them 2 ratings must be a large.

You need to motivate your servers community to get into WvW. SoR has an amazing community and we assign every guild we know off to a borderland at reset night (apart from Ace he solos SoR-BL for us).

Why do people from SoR keep posting screenshots showing how JQ/BG are ‘full’ and SoR is ‘very high’? A lot of the players that make JQ/BG ‘full’ are casual with very little interest in WvW. Most of them probably transferred for the sole reason of getting map completion. The only thing that motivates these players to play WvW is seeing that their server is already doing well and is in 1st. SoR being the underdog of T1 for so long doesn’t have many of these players. Win a few weeks and SoR will be full too.

I’m not going to search for it, because I don’t post too often, but earlier in this thread many people said that SoR has a lot of PVErs, moreso than the other 2 servers. They even went as far as to say there weren’t as many dedicated WvW guilds.

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Aww that’s cute.
BG says we’re just like them, JQ confirms this as proof <3

Sure, we offered em a small heard of cattle and the hand of our firstborn daughter in matrimony.. Feel better now?
God forbid someone finds a better way to do something! That’s why the turtle is still the dominant meta.

Wait a minute, you offered an audio recording of cows and disfigured your daughters and that got people to join?

We’ve been doing it wrong.

I must’ve laughed for a good minute after reading that man, well done and ty.

Oh gods… you’re offering only the hand for matrimony… I can think of only one use… I feel ill. I need to sit down.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

…too…much…over-analysis…must…watch…ESPN…still…too…much…over-analysis…must…watch…news—oh wait.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Score update. BLACKGATE IN DA HOWSEEE. #stackedgate #newvizunah #hackgate #swaggate

Attachments:

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

WvW is only fun for BG when they outnumber you 4:1.

WvW isn’t really that much fun for me personally because I have nothing to work on. I kinda just go out there to take a break from grinding glory/rank.

I dunno about the rest of BG and what their motives are.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Aww that’s cute.
BG says we’re just like them, JQ confirms this as proof <3

Sure, we offered em a small heard of cattle and the hand of our firstborn daughter in matrimony.. Feel better now?
God forbid someone finds a better way to do something! That’s why the turtle is still the dominant meta.

Wait a minute, you offered an audio recording of cows and disfigured your daughters and that got people to join?

We’ve been doing it wrong.

I must’ve laughed for a good minute after reading that man, well done and ty.

Oh gods… you’re offering only the hand for matrimony… I can think of only one use… I feel ill. I need to sit down.

You identify with this crowd yet think we need more than a hand?
+1 on the dePuGging BTW..
JQ would be faar better off with 2 guilds of 40 than the 40 guilds of 2 situation currently present. I don’t know why so many seem to be content to be redshirts. Guilds are fun! YAaaay happy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

Score update. BLACKGATE IN DA HOWSEEE. #stackedgate #newvizunah #hackgate #swaggate

Inb4 BG start calling SoR stacked again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kjendar.6459

Kjendar.6459

Sleepyy.1598

WvW is only fun for BG when they outnumber you 4:1.

I am in WvW every night and have a lot of fun, let me know next time my 3 person group 4:1’s your group. I have to agree with Israel that spvp is more fun than WvW at the moment.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

I think the main difference is we don’t offer guilds gold to come over. They decide to come over and perhaps if a few of their members couldn’t make it, we help them out. That’s the difference between buying guilds and not.

So no different to when guilds from Kaineng came to BG? What was all the fuss about then.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

WvW is as fun as you make it. Just because you’re losing doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. SoR has put up with losing way more often than anyone and fighting uphill has never stopped us, why should it stop you? Oh right, cause all you care about is winning.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

WvW is as fun as you make it. Just because you’re losing doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. SoR has put up with losing way more often than anyone and fighting uphill has never stopped us, why should it stop you? Oh right, cause all you care about is winning.

Who is this directed at?

in Match-ups

Masamoon.3864

All the BG whiners/chest thumpers after getting first two weeks in a row from their Kain transfers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

I take offence to this!
I enjoy winning thank you very much! Doesn’t mean I’m going to cry about it cries

Sang don’t worry, YOU’RE TOO ADORABLE

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Masamoon.3864

No you’re adorable.

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

No we’re adorable.

Corrected your post!

I know I didn’t have to! But I must!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Are we planning for the Sanghae/Cuddlestrike wedding this summer?

If so, we’ll spread the word around the SoR community and make sure to do it nice at a fantastic location.

Let us know you two.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarin Twisted.4183

Tarin Twisted.4183

You need to motivate your servers community to get into WvW. SoR has an amazing community and we assign every guild we know off to a borderland at reset night (apart from Ace he solos SoR-BL for us).

But PvE pays better and sPvP/tPvP is more actual pvp against more skilled opponents in a more controlled environment so what do we tell people?

So you want us to lie?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Torqky.3682

Torqky.3682

SOR had a good showing this week. They had more numbers at certain times which is understandable when you are pushing for first place for the first time. Some of their main guilds may have not put in “overtime” but some of their pve population which didnt seem existent last week (didn’t even think SOR had one lol) showed up. That being said, alot of even number fights they won too. I remember someone in voice complaining about their blob as an excuse for losing fights (we had a que on the map).

Coming from Kaineng, i remember reading the t1 thread and people talking about how they couldn’t wait for Kaineng to come up and replace SOR (L2glicko/math). I think we need to praise SOR for their resilience in T1. Great fights this week and keep it classy guys!

Torqky-80 Necro-Blackgate [HB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Oh, wait. Last thread I asked if BG will stop playing again after 1 or 2 wins. At the moment it looks like I wasn’t wrong about that.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I like candy. Candy is good.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

If so, we’ll spread the word around the SoR community and make sure to do it nice at a fantastic location.

Let us know you two.

No, simply just ensure SoR knows to call Sang “adorable” at all times That’s all I really want! For everyone to know how adorable Sang is!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

Also, I have it from a good source that BG is going to go MIA for the rest of WvW this week to prove to IRON that there is no competition in T1 NA in the hopes that they get bored and to motivate the Euro guild they are “in talks” with to come over because they need help.

It’s an interesting plan though I don’t believe you will get the exact result you are hoping for.

I think you will probably get that Euro guild but IRON isn’t going to stop playing because of your inactivity.

Either way, I hope you get that Euro guild if objectively that will balance the tier more(I don’t think this week is a good indicator of the tier, but if after next week it seems that it’s needed, hope you get it).

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Let us know you two.

No, simply just ensure SoR knows to call Sang “adorable” at all times That’s all I really want! For everyone to know how adorable Sang is!

and that he is a pve carebear that does jumping puzzles, adorable care bear jumping puzzles

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

But PvE pays better and sPvP/tPvP is more actual pvp against more skilled opponents in a more controlled environment so what do we tell people?

So you want us to lie?

If you think it’s a lie, perhaps you should be off doing something else instead of getting in the way of people trying to actually help.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

SOR had a good showing this week. They had more numbers at certain times which is understandable when you are pushing for first place for the first time. Some of their main guilds may have not put in “overtime” but some of their pve population which didnt seem existent last week (didn’t even think SOR had one lol) showed up. That being said, alot of even number fights they won too. I remember someone in voice complaining about their blob as an excuse for losing fights (we had a que on the map).

Coming from Kaineng, i remember reading the t1 thread and people talking about how they couldn’t wait for Kaineng to come up and replace SOR (L2glicko/math). I think we need to praise SOR for their resilience in T1. Great fights this week and keep it classy guys!

+1

QFT from beginning to end. Many thanks kind sir.

Käï | Sanctum

in Match-ups

Masamoon.3864

Let us know you two.

Please no, I can’t handle that.

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update

Found me a kitten cat…. :P

SO CUTE!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

Honestly, no one on SoR expected the win, we still don’t because anything can happen, it’s only Wednesday. Still 3 full days of WvW left.

That being said, we love having IRON over, they really are a fantastic guild.

I think someone from BG said it earlier, while we aren’t the largest server in the slightest and while we are outmanned a lot of the times throughout the day, and we have no where close to 24/7 coverage, somehow SoR has managed to slowly pick up only WvW orientated guilds on its way up from #17.

I really look at SoR like the battle hardened rag tag bunch of warriors that will never die and never give up fighting.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gwendolyr.3712

Gwendolyr.3712

I still dont get it. BG had no issues or worries about ‘balance’ when they recieved pretty much every major guild from KN and was ticking 400+ pretty much perm.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/33

That said, SOR worked hard this week, kudos.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarin Twisted.4183

Tarin Twisted.4183

So you want us to lie?

If you think it’s a lie, perhaps you should be off doing something else instead of getting in the way of people trying to actually help.

Trying to help what?
I have not been in WvW for a while and I used to play pretty much every night.

I will give WvW this…it used to be very fun and even now I think if anyone has not experienced it they would really enjoy it for a short period of time.

One of the problems for T1 (only tier I have played in so not sure about other tiers) is that WvW is full of very skilled players and very skilled teams. One does not simply try out T1 WvW (lol could not resist). If you are not a very solid player roaming is completely out of the question solo or in a two or three pack and following a blob gets old very fast.

To really enjoy WvW you need to be in a solid guild that communicates constantly and offers assistance to new players and that is not very easy.

Let’s face it, trying out WvW is prolly a pretty horrible experience unless you are going in with a good guild or are a crazy good solo player with two or three similar friends looking to roam around and check things out…lol even than it only takes getting steamrolled by a few zergs to quickly learn what WvW is all about :P

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

I think once they add ascended gear to WvW people will have more of a clear cut reason to play.

WvW will be another way of getting the new gear. I know it would motivate me I love getting new gear and I’ve currently got 4 toons to gear out. Soon to be 5 once I finish my guardian.

in Match-ups

Posted by: btowl.7869

btowl.7869

So you want us to lie?

It’s not a lie, it’s cake

Engineer
What do you mean there are other races than Asura?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Also, I have it from a good source that BG is going to go MIA for the rest of WvW this week

I can’t tell if you’re actually serious.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I think once they add ascended gear to WvW people will have more of a clear cut reason to play.

WvW will be another way of getting the new gear. I know it would motivate me I love getting new gear and I’ve currently got 4 toons to gear out. Soon to be 5 once I finish my guardian.

Yeah I decided a while back to start saving up all my badges hoping they would do something like this. I was pretty excited when I read Devon saying they won’t be adding another currency to WvW. Fingers crossed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

What kind of support did SOR give you?

The same support that BG did to the guilds that wanted to come over but couldnt withouth our community help.
Is not a big deal, and there’s nothing wrong with donate gold to help new friends.
I still wonder why they keep saying that “BG is buying guilds” and trying to give us a bad reputation for so long and then they go and do the same!
Im surprised no1 is trakittenalking SoR right now and….oh wait!
Call me crazy, but mb when OTHERS do it, is not so bad!!! Lets see..

BG donate gold to help ppl get in? How dare you??! Blackhole destroyer of guilds!! Shame on you!! Your reputation is the worst!

SoR donate gold to the same objective? Oh, this is a real community, tight and perfect!! You should all watch and learn!

The same logic applied on the “overtime” nonsense…think about it!

BG won? Overtime lifeless nerds!

SoR winning? Is just bc you’re so good! Again, we should all watch and learn!

Thats the same thing BG did. And thats why I am scratching my head after all the criticism that has come from SOR to BG (including youtube video rants about it) and saying how much better their server is for not doing this, when all along SOR does it as well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

Why do people from SoR keep posting screenshots showing how JQ/BG are ‘full’ and SoR is ‘very high’? A lot of the players that make JQ/BG ‘full’ are casual with very little interest in WvW.

I think it’s mainly to squash the “SoR has just as many players as we do” cries from JQ and BG. SoR may have nearly as many WvW players, but our pool of available non-WvW players is smaller.

That’s just a fact.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Feeling kinda bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue :P

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Kind of a shame to see BG throwing the match like this. Not sure what sort of a guild would want to try to transfer to a server who throws a hissy fit when their competition obtains one guild.

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

History in the making. Some quick facts about SoR.

• We began 17th place, and are now projected for 1st place.
  • We have never dropped down a tier only risen.
  • We have only ever dropped a rank within a tier twice (both times in T1 from 2nd to 3rd).
  • Every major guild that has joined SoR competes in WvW and has never left.
  • Our TeamSpeak is 2nd most active server in NA and 10th world wide averaging 250 people an hour and just under 2600 users.

Things are only looking up! Good job to everyone who has made this possible and remember i take 95% of the credit due because of my insane siege masteries.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

JQ wat r u doing?
U r died servr, stahp
No to zombie apocalypse

Rawr, rawr, I R zombie!

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Kind of a shame to see BG throwing the match like this. Not sure what sort of a guild would want to try to transfer to a server who throws a hissy fit when their competition obtains one guild.

I’m really happy for SoR and that they got more coverage

But….. when people do posts like this you make my tiny asura cry……

This is only week one (of sor having their new shiny EU guild), and I’m sure SoR is pumped they got more coverage! I can’t speak for all of BG (obviously) but we are still fighting… tonight is just a down night. Doesn’t mean this is how it will be every week.

So please stop judging our server on this week. judge later :P

Have fun guys! And stress less! <3

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

I think people are just disappointed right now. A lot of our guilds/players work really hard at WvW and they put massive amounts of time and resources into trying to win.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Also, I have it from a good source that BG is going to go MIA for the rest of WvW this week to prove to IRON that there is no competition in T1 NA in the hopes that they get bored and to motivate the Euro guild they are “in talks” with to come over because they need help.

If this were even remotely true I probably would have heard about it. You may want to have your “source” checked out.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

BG and JQ need to get some EU guilds to fight IRON so they don’t get bored and leave. Mostly JQ as we don’t have the overextending SEA tryhards as much as BG :p

IRON…who should we recruit so you have more people to play against?

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arete.7198

Arete.7198

I like candy. Candy is good.

Candy is dandy but
Liquor is quicker.

-Ogden Nash

:)

Fidee OnS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

It’s an interesting plan though I don’t believe you will get the exact result you are hoping for.

I think you will probably get that Euro guild but IRON isn’t going to stop playing because of your inactivity.

Either way, I hope you get that Euro guild if objectively that will balance the tier more(I don’t think this week is a good indicator of the tier, but if after next week it seems that it’s needed, hope you get it).

Isnt BG like full and all….. ? And i doubt a mass log off of the wvw population will work, since its a small fraction. Oh well good luck with that.

Im just really curious what happened to the 500ppt during EU that BG was rocking last week?

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: acehale.6592

acehale.6592

Honestly BG numbers have been way down this week during NA times. Don’t know why but a lot of people aren’t playing.

Blackgate