Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: SsQ.3681

SsQ.3681

It’s so good to work together with IRON. I love it <3.
Welcome to SOR =)

Ssq And Her Happy Partners [SAHP]

Ssq

(edited by SsQ.3681)

in Match-ups

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

Here you go you lazy kitten.

240/230/225

Looks like super fun fighting to me! Who can complain about PPT ticks like that?

Its not fun when its not 500+ppt!

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Morphman.6312

Morphman.6312

A blob is usually hard to exact a number as their main strategy is to run a Melee train on the player steam rolling anything that crosses their path. It can be done with as low as 8 players but usally around 25 players.

Hmmmm, I would say a blob is used to describe a whole load of WvW guilds bunching together +pugs and causing so much lag that it is impossible to fire off any skills…

That’s what it was on EU anyway

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

A blob is usually hard to exact a number as their main strategy is to run a Melee train on the player steam rolling anything that crosses their path. It can be done with as low as 8 players but usally around 25 players.

Hmmmm, I would say a blob is used to describe a whole load of WvW guilds bunching together +pugs and causing so much lag that it is impossible to fire off any skills…

That’s what it was on EU anyway

ya a blob is so many numbers you can’t count them thats why its a blob. 25 is a zerg tactics aside.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Blobbing and zerging both require numbers to some degree, but are not the same thing. Simply having numbers does not automatically equate to blobbing or being a zerg either. What they do have in common is that both can be easily defeated with less numbers via superior tactics and play. Sometimes a blob can be contained within a zerg, but not part of the actual zerg itself.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

ya a blob is so many numbers you can’t count them thats why its a blob. 25 is a zerg tactics aside.

No, this is incorrect.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

score update, end of SEA (taipei time 1:44 am)

SoR pretty much neutralize JQ’s SEA advantage.

Attachments:

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Let’s just call it a zerlob. We all know what we’re talking about and the world could use a new word.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: JohnCray.9675

JohnCray.9675

Saw JQs omen on SoR, did they officially move?

I for one know that Omen is not moving to SoR. Whether they will move out of JQ is a whole other issue and is to be seen in the coming weeks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Why are guilds leaving or in rumor of leaving jq. Theres no balance issue anymore. Jq is the weakest of t1 and any guild leaving it is just avoiding losing. Anyone else not seeing the score trend?

(edited by Aarean.5398)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

Is the curse of the 1st place spot. You hold it for a awhile, then lose it, everyone starts getting demoralized, kittenes at each other and just goes downhill from there. Just look what happened to SoS when they lost 1st after having it for so long.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Least for one day. Still early in the week.

What every server benefits from (assuming the score favors them) is the usual PVE players which there are a ton more of will join the fray thereby helping with coverage. SOR am sure has quite a bit of pve people who typically don’t wvw being active participants this week and that is a good thing.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Why are guilds leaving or in rumor of leaving jq. Theres not balance issue anymore. Jq is the weakest of t1 and any guild leaving it is just avoiding losing. Anyone else not seeing the score trend?

Score trend or not, it is just a phase. Before moving to SoR last year, I was on JQ initially…. and I know for a fact that the server is solid. They will be back kicking on teeth in no time.

in Match-ups

Aarean.5398

Why are guilds leaving or in rumor of leaving jq. Theres not balance issue anymore. Jq is the weakest of t1 and any guild leaving it is just avoiding losing. Anyone else not seeing the score trend?

Score trend or not, it is just a phase. Before moving to SoR last year, I was on JQ initially…. and I know for a fact that the server is solid. They will be back kicking on teeth in no time.

The “jq is still pveing” reason grows invalid very fast. If there isnt any organized guilds heading to jq then i believe dragonbrand will slip up to t1 in weeks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

The red dragon has awakened.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

I heard [OMEN] is going to be the latest Wagonbrand guild and already has a TS channel on their public TS any truth to that?

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

in Match-ups

Aarean.5398

I heard [OMEN] is going to be the latest Wagonbrand guild and already has a TS channel on their public TS any truth to that?

If db is lucky this is true and it puts the nail in jqt1 coffin. Maybe someone should find out for sure. Lotta questions rising up about this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

The “jq is still pveing” reason grows invalid very fast. If there isnt any organized guilds heading to jq then i believe dragonbrand will slip up to t1 in weeks.

DB has a long ways to go. As it stands now, they will be stuck at T2 for months….

http://mos.millenium.org/#NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

What every server benefits from (assuming the score favors them) is the usual PVE players which there are a ton more of will join the fray thereby helping with coverage. SOR am sure has quite a bit of pve people who typically don’t wvw being active participants this week and that is a good thing.

NYS is back from a two week vacation, and IRON seems to have a significant SEA presence as well ( Last two weeks, due to NYS absencse we kind of took it easy, so alot of the NA players that are usually on during SEA are back in greater numbers as well) That explains the situation.

Just so its out there, SOR is not pulling any kind of overtime. It goes against our server philosophy of winning when we are ready. Whether SOR wins or losses this week, this is the SOR BG and JQ will have to deal with.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

No, this is incorrect.

Blob is simply consolidating all your forces into a single unit. Instead of having squads and so forth. Thats blobing. A Blob In T1 is like every pug you have on the map running together just trying to brute force somthing. Thats a blob. And in T1 thats often like 100 players or something. More players than Culling will render.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JohnCray.9675

JohnCray.9675

Why are guilds leaving or in rumor of leaving jq. Theres no balance issue anymore. Jq is the weakest of t1 and any guild leaving it is just avoiding losing. Anyone else not seeing the score trend?

There are other reasons why a guild may decide to change environments. Perhaps their relationship with other guilds has soured? Is it possible that they feel their efforts are unappreciated – or even punished – by others in their community?

I’ve enough knowledge of what’s going on to infer what’s going to happen next, but since a lot of things are still up in the air I’ll wait for Ultima Hyperion (OMEN’s guild leader) to make the call.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Errmahgerd….I cannot wait for the drama in this thread to hit full kitten this week.

If only I had time to go back in time and cut and paste what the forum warriors in these update threads say week in week out to show just how hilarious it all is…alas I must mostly troll during breaks at work.

I am excited for SoR and T1 to have some serious balance but be forewarned SoR…your past may come back to haunt you…

P.S. Please fix arrow cats so I have interest in playing WvW again ANET.

i am too r intruiged of the past your sayinn ….pls do tell…

He’s talking about Noodles.

Yea, DB is going to need to get alot more than the current 1 they are gaining atm to break into tier 1.

Yeah. I feel sorry for the people there who thought they’d just stack on DB and shoot to T1. Glicko and the other T2 servers simply won’t let that happen so easily. Funny thing is, all it takes is 1 off week to wipe all that progress too. They may burn themselves out before they even break 2100. With the competitiveness of this tier now, I don’t see anyone moving up or down for a long time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

True. However this is where Glicko is killing servers. WvW populations are never static. All servers go through up ticks and down ticks. Glicko is far to slow to respond to those needs. JQ could use a week or two in t2 to regroup and reinvigorate. A couple of weeks ago it was SOR that could have used a t2 vacation. A month ago BG was on the ropes and could have used a break. At the same time servers like DB and Kaineng should get shots at t1 when they are riding a wave of success and not be forced to atrophy in a tier they are too strong for.

The other problem is exemplified by the success of SF after getting out of t8 jumped up to t6 with some impressive wins. Meaning they were ranked behind servers they were stronger than. Last week Viz Square was all but declared unbeatable, and this week they are losing to Elona. It’s been so long since we played anyone but each other that for all we know DB could wipe the floor with all of us.

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

There are other reasons why a guild may decide to change environments. Perhaps their relationship with other guilds has soured? Is it possible that they feel their efforts are unappreciated – or even punished – by others in their community?

I’ve enough knowledge of what’s going on to infer what’s going to happen next, but since a lot of things are still up in the air I’ll wait for Ultima Hyperion (OMEN’s guild leader) to make the call.

Just my opinion from an outsiders perspective. JQ became so stacked in an effort to deal with SoS. Then more players just kept coming. SoS died and JQ became the the best. Players still Just kept coming. Welcome to super stacked server that has no meaning anymore now SoS is defeated.

Introduce Stagnant WvW matchup, people are getting tired of the same matchups, people also getting tired of winning without even having to try anymore. Now comes the guild drama with some core wvw guilds and they were already getting sick and tired of current situations and just decide to move on. Now that happened.

Massive bandwagoneers have no purpose anymore and nothing to hold them together so decided to find something new cuz they aree also tired of the same old thng.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

As for any rumors to [SF] moving off of Jade Quarry, apprently i had a couple of my members go full troll yesterday and state that we were moving to BG. I’ll say well played… and thanks for those members getting me a lot of PM’s… You’re “bag of fun” is waiting on the SF forums. We are not moving from JQ and I had already announced internally to the guild and the JQ community than to go through another server transfer, I’d rather let guildies choose where they would want to go and stay in line to what their personal goals for in game are. Mine are to stay on one server, ride it out, and do whatever the hell it is that I do in this game when I play it. This is a personal choice and since I’m the GM, I guess that keeps the official team located in JQ. Kind of like a dictatorship…but only a Jedtatorship… MmmmMMMmmm tators….with cat sup..ketchup…catsup…..

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

As for any rumors to [SF] moving off of Jade Quarry, apprently i had a couple of my members go full troll yesterday and state that we were moving to BG. I’ll say well played… and thanks for those members getting me a lot of PM’s… You’re “bag of fun” is waiting on the SF forums. We are not moving from JQ and I had already announced internally to the guild and the JQ community than to go through another server transfer, I’d rather let guildies choose where they would want to go and stay in line to what their personal goals for in game are. Mine are to stay on one server, ride it out, and do whatever the hell it is that I do in this game when I play it. This is a personal choice and since I’m the GM, I guess that keeps the official team located in JQ. Kind of like a dictatorship…but only a Jedtatorship… MmmmMMMmmm tators….with cat sup..ketchup…catsup…..

I was under the impression TW was meeting up with SF on DB so we could all hang with RE? So many acronyms…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

I’m still waiting for someone to elaborate on the “past catching up with us” comment…

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

I was under the impression TW was meeting up with SF on DB so we could all hang with RE? So many acronyms…

If you all did, you could take all the four guilds, mix the tags and wind up with a joint guild called BREWS [FTD]. (For The Drunk)

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Jedbacca.6297

Oh yeah, that’s right, we’re still on for that

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

I mean I can understand wanting a more balanced WvW its not fun to win all of the time, or have big ques and not be able to play. But I am sad to see if JQ becomes the next victim. If you guys can just hold it together we would have a really balanced T1 now that BG is stepping up their game and using some better tactics and SoR got some guilds that are not NA.

It just seems kinda strange to me to go to Dragonbrand. Dragonbrand was my server at the begining of the game. It was doing pretty good in T2 then we lost one time and the whole thing fell apart and everyone left. The only reason DB is in T2 now is its becasme the next bandwagon server. I hate to use this term becasue it has a negative sense to it. And I’m not saying that is bad, But I’m saying that somtimes these servers are fundamentally unstable. And when somthing bad happens like some big drama goes down and people start to xfer off everyone starts to xfer in the same maner they got there in the 1st place.

So yeah I dont understand this neew plan lets move to DB just so we can get back to T1 where we already were in the 1st place. But probably be facerolled by BG or something. Instead of staying where we are and kicking BGs kitten I dont get it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

I mean I can understand wanting a more balanced WvW its not fun to win all of the time, or have big ques and not be able to play. But I am sad to see if JQ becomes the next victim. If you guys can just hold it together we would have a really balanced T1 now that BG is stepping up their game and using some better tactics and SoR got some guilds that are not NA.

It just seems kinda strange to me to go to Dragonbrand. Dragonbrand was my server at the begining of the game. It was doing pretty good in T2 then we lost one time and the whole thing fell apart and everyone left. The only reason DB is in T2 now is its becasme the next bandwagon server. I hate to use this term becasue it has a negative sense to it. And I’m not saying that is bad, But I’m saying that somtimes these servers are fundamentally unstable. And when somthing bad happens like some big drama goes down and people start to xfer off everyone starts to xfer in the same maner they got there in the 1st place.

So yeah I dont understand this neew plan lets move to DB just so we can get back to T1 where we already were in the 1st place. But probably be facerolled by BG or something. Instead of staying where we are and kicking BGs kitten I dont get it.

Actually DB moved into T2 without transfers….. With transfers we are doing better than we thought.

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Actually DB moved into T2 without transfers….. With transfers we are doing better than we thought.

It certainly helped that KN was in duress.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

It certainly helped that KN was in duress.

Well no kitten, but we had no control over that…. take this kitten back to the T2 forums anyway.

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

We both know that no server gets to T2 or even T1 naturally. Especially this late in the game. After having dropped to T5 do to almost all of the major WvW guilds leaving the server. I was on DB with TSyM and many other guilds. DB had no oceanic coverage at all. So our main WvW core transferred to SoS at the time becasue SoS was I think a T4 server with great ocianioc coverage. MY guild at that time xfered to SoR. After that happened DB dropped all the way to to T5. You dont go from T5 to T2 this late in the game without xfers it doesnt happen.

in Match-ups

Posted by: wedo.3049

wedo.3049

why should jq hold on? when every zone now has bg and sor 30+ zergs . 2pm cst and my friend and I being camped at spawn by 6+ sor I just saw a sor vs bg zerg at least 100+ fighting then turn to camp the 2 at spawn lol..

in Match-ups

Posted by: wedo.3049

wedo.3049

only real reason jq won so much was because of coverage and jq had the most coverage during the day but we never had the zergs that SOR and BG brought but now 24/7 coverage 24/7 20+ zergs no room for small mans

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

We both know that no server gets to T2 or even T1 naturally. Especially this late in the game. After having dropped to T5 do to almost all of the major WvW guilds leaving the server. I was on DB with TSyM and many other guilds. DB had no oceanic coverage at all. So our main WvW core transferred to SoS at the time becasue SoS was I think a T4 server with great ocianioc coverage. MY guild at that time xfered to SoR. After that happened DB dropped all the way to to T5. You dont go from T5 to T2 this late in the game without xfers it doesnt happen.

The only guilds that transfered in when we were in T6 (actually) was BP,Krew,TG and krew has since left. I"m not sure when NNK came but it was right after TSYM left but I do apologize since I forgot BP and TG weren’t always on DB

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Aarean.5398

Hope some guilds after a real challenge go to jq and keep the server going. Would be quite difficult fighting the numbers currently running in t1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

You know your server match thread has reached epic proportions of awesomeness when the other tiers come into your thread to argue with each other.

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Yea sorry about that JQ/BG/SoR

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Great job all players so far this competition. All sides showed amazing arrow cart tactics, hope to see some really innovative arrow cart strategies in the coming weeks!

On a side note, were looking for a good arrow cart guild. Were just getting into the finer points of arrow carting, how to build them, how to click the buttons, the best way to pick up bags. Well be hosting an arrow cart workshop and could really use some veteran experience. PST for more info!

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Hope some guilds after a real challenge go to jq and keep the server going. Would be quite difficult fighting the numbers currently running in t1.

For some reason (casts a conspiratorial glare at ANet) JQ is locked in a “FULL” state now, even with the transfers we’ve had off. Used to be there were times of the day it would fall to “Very High”, but something changed.

(BG is also apparently “FULL” locked, but they’ve had an influx compared to JQ having had some players leave.)

It would be horrible if things were being tweaked behind the scenes like that. ANet did say they were working on ways to shake things up, so I just may need my first roll of tin-foil.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

The only guilds that transfered in when we were in T6 (actually) was BP,Krew,TG and krew has since left. I"m not sure when NNK came but it was right after TSYM left but I do apologize since I forgot BP and TG weren’t always on DB

I’m not trying to say you guys are bad at all. I think its great you guys are doing better now. I’m just saying from my perspective after having witnessed DBs demise and being there when that happened. Most peoples left the server becasue we couldn’t even fill a single borderland with enough people to even hold a single keep. let alone 4. The server was a big PVE server and we couldnt even get the PVE players into wvw to try and make up for such a loss.

Edit: Comparison It would be like HOD now coming back from the grave and is almost in T1 again. And saying HOD didnt make it to T2 without transfers.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I’m not trying to say you guys are bad at all. I think its great you guys are doing better now. I’m just saying from my perspective after having witnessed DBs demise and being there when that happened. Most peoples left the server becasue we couldn’t even fill a single borderland with enough people to even hold a single keep. let alone 4. The server was a big PVE server and we couldnt even get the PVE players into wvw to try and make up for such a loss.

Yea man, it has only gotten better the past two months… PvE still focused here jsut more WvW guilds now. I remember those days well
I mean the recent transfers since all of our guilds have been on DB for months, I should of clarified that.

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

(edited by Gellor.6497)

in Match-ups

Aarean.5398

For some reason (casts a conspiratorial glare at ANet) JQ is locked in a “FULL” state now, even with the transfers we’ve had off. Used to be there were times of the day it would fall to “Very High”, but something changed.

(BG is also apparently “FULL” locked, but they’ve had an influx compared to JQ having had some players leave.)

It would be horrible if things were being tweaked behind the scenes like that. ANet did say they were working on ways to shake things up, so I just may need my first roll of tin-foil.

Im fearful with no transfers. Jq gets no chance. Its only still in this weeks match because of the hold on jqbl

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

The other problem is exemplified by the success of SF after getting out of t8 jumped up to t6 with some impressive wins. Meaning they were ranked behind servers they were stronger than. Last week Viz Square was all but declared unbeatable, and this week they are losing to Elona. It’s been so long since we played anyone but each other that for all we know DB could wipe the floor with all of us.

Vizunah won’t lose to Elona because of Elona. There are two options: Vizu takes a time off and/or there are holidays in Germany.

So this week there was a holiday in Germany. Elona is a great and strong server, but they can’t pull the night shifts Vizunah does, that’s why they will come in 2nd or 3rd.

I wish them good luck.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Orion.9075

Orion.9075

Don’t get why SoR has more PVE players participating this week than any other server… that makes no sense.

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

Don’t get why SoR has more PVE players participating this week than any other server… that makes no sense.

I don’t think he means it that way. He means to say SoR has a very casual WvW pop. I don’t know how it is on other servers. These are not exclusively PVE players. They are players that do both PVE and PVP, and when there are events going on you wont find them in WvW they rater run event dungeons all day long, or do other PVE kinda stuff. Then they go into WvW. Right now with no Event dungeon or quests to do these people come into wvw.

I’m sure that is the case on other servers to a lesser degree than SoR cuz like i said there’s a very casual wvw atmosphere on the server.

in Match-ups

Jedbacca.6297

Great job all players so far this competition. All sides showed amazing arrow cart tactics, hope to see some really innovative arrow cart strategies in the coming weeks!

On a side note, were looking for a good arrow cart guild. Were just getting into the finer points of arrow carting, how to build them, how to click the buttons, the best way to pick up bags. Well be hosting an arrow cart workshop and could really use some veteran experience. PST for more info!

This made me lol, good show good sir.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

GG Iron, leave Eu cuz of 24 hr VZ coverage to become VZ on NA.

Hardly. As i type this, all 3 servers are ticking in the 200 ppt range. All they have done is balance out the coverage in this time slot.

Almost JQ still had no EU guild

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”