Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

like Deso’s(iron) were much larger than sfr in VZ BL yesterday night.

Between 8 bst and 10 bst iron wasnt. Maybe with all other people on the map but we where splitted between BL. When i made the BvB picture we just rejoined. And at that moment we werent outnumbering you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mortix.9725

Mortix.9725

“We want to get to T2” no you dont, the BS from you lot is getting insane, you’ll finish 2nd this week (cause we havnt got the numbers in this week) then you’ll let everyone know how great you are and that you beat Deso 1000 blob with 20 pugs.

you accuse us of making excuses and in the same sentence you make an excuse for yourself too…stop being rediculous dude.
last week Deso was pushing so hard on SFR just to prove some stupid point you thought you were having and this week you suddenly don’t have the numbers anymore? sucks when SFR isn’t keeping VIZ in check doesn’t it?
let’s see how much fun you’ll have now.

More self praise for SFR and more Deso slagging it wouldnt be SFR post otherwise

pot meets kettle.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Razz.2501

Razz.2501

I keep reading things like ’ we charged with no fear’ ‘courage’ ‘last stand’ etc etc…..are you guys really serious? lol NO ONE GETS HURT……ITS A GAME.

I read so much hate in this thread its sickening.

PRO TIP….Play the game for fun and get real guys and you will enjoy it a lot more.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

“We want to get to T2” no you dont, the BS from you lot is getting insane, you’ll finish 2nd this week (cause we havnt got the numbers in this week) then you’ll let everyone know how great you are and that you beat Deso 1000 blob with 20 pugs.

you accuse us of making excuses and in the same sentence you make an excuse for yourself too…stop being rediculous dude.
last week Deso was pushing so hard on SFR just to prove some stupid point you thought you were having and this week you suddenly don’t have the numbers anymore? sucks when SFR isn’t keeping VIZ in check doesn’t it?
let’s see how much fun you’ll have now.

More self praise for SFR and more Deso slagging it wouldnt be SFR post otherwise

pot meets kettle.

Ive never seen Deso take credit for Viz winning, “cause we wernt keeping them in check”. Im sure there grateful that there winning thx to your server, letting them win.

Pathetic
Anyway end of discussion got more things to worry about….The Newcastle v Sunderland derby, enjoy your day, people

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

(edited by Dyno.9467)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luffy.9365

Luffy.9365

Between 8 bst and 10 bst iron wasnt. Maybe with all other people on the map but we where splitted between BL. When i made the BvB picture we just rejoined. And at that moment we werent outnumbering you.

Iam speaking around 21.00-22.00 gmt+2. In VS BL there were 2 commanders, SiN and Riot(running with alot of pugs) and Iron/Deso had huge force , you killed them instantly in Hills and in most fights around that time. From the other hand in Deso BL, we had huge pug force under one commander and they were killing pretty much anything without a problem. Anyway the point is not when or who ….i was just replying to some ppl. If we could avoid trolling ,we would have , a much more constructive conversation.(last part isnt about you ofc)

[VcY]Velocity – Snowfang/Luffy D Portgas/Bagif

(edited by Luffy.9365)

in Match-ups

Razz.2501

Iam speaking around 21.00-22.00 gmt+2. In VS BL there were 2 commanders, SiN and Riot(running with alot of pugs) and Iron/Deso had huge force , you killed them instantly in Hills and in most fights around that time. From the other hand in Deso BL, we had huge pug force under one commander and they were killing pretty much anything without a problem. Anyway the point is not when or who ….i was just replying to some ppl. If we could avoid trolling ,we would have , a much more constructive conversation.(last part isnt about you ofc)

Who cares.

in Match-ups

Posted by: silvos.3092

silvos.3092

Only reason vizunah doesn’t collapse is Troma. We all know that. Without him, most of the vizunians wouldn’t even play anymore.

. . .

So wrong… So you’ve learned nothing yet? Vizunah isn’t built on Troma. Vizunah is built on the good will of every member of it’s server. It’s a community wanting to play WvW. If Troma is obviously (and by far) the best commender I ever had the chance to fight with and a great leader he is only the catalyst of the community’s interest in WvW (and I should say in the game). If he were to leave the server wouldn’t stop fighting (though it would probably take time before we see another commender like him but as long as it stay united a server doesn’t need a clear leader). That’s why you can’t win in the actual situation.

We play for fun and challenge when you play to be first. We want to build where you want to destroy. We are federated by our love for the game when you are federated by your hatred and rage against us. We try to play together and to involve PU in the match and the strategy when you only want to kick them and have a so called “elitist” approach of the competition.

And Troma or not as long as it will stay like that you won’t have any chance of victory against VS. Because whatever force you will use to push us down the ladder will only be built on rage and will fade with time where our will to fight will stay. And wherever you’ll send VS it’ll come back the second you release pressure just like a buoy. Troma only gave the impulsion to send things the right way and a name to that will of fight (What he calls Vizunah spirit). But if you want to really have a chance to beat us you’ll have to play the game… So knowing how your people act on these forums we still have plenty of time before VS fall… And unfortunately it also looks like we have plenty of time before we can have an interesting and constructive fight…

Vizunah Square
[HM]
[UV]

(edited by silvos.3092)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

sfr taking a break(it seems the PUG groups are doing lots better than the organized guilds – With a lot less moaning)

Just excuse in case they finish 3rd, they’ve got a new one every week.

I dont think most of us on SFR care about where we finish, as long as its a fun fight.

Had some great times yesterday fighting Deso. Won some, lost some, but good fun nonetheless.

The SFR people kittening are a minority from a few guilds, and should be treated as such.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Beliskner.5039

Beliskner.5039

sfr taking a break(it seems the PUG groups are doing lots better than the organized guilds – With a lot less moaning)

I dont think most of us on SFR care about where we finish, as long as its a fun fight.

Had some great times yesterday fighting Deso. Won some, lost some, but good fun nonetheless.

The SFR people kittening are a minority from a few guilds, and should be treated as such.

Have to agree here i’m from deso and it’s much more fun fighting SFR then VS probably because most of the time we are evenly matched, it isnt 5 vs 1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Why are Deso hating so much SFR I’ll never know. I had great respect for you guys that vanishes with every day that goes by. Our commanders are taking a great deal of time to teach our pugs the mechanics of WvW and from what I’ve seen so far they are doing a great job.
The whole time we were 1st Deso hold firm 3rd in T1, then all this shananigans with the free transfer happened and you guys decided “Why not use the situation to kick them while they are down” and you started to prioritize us over Viz. Looking at the mos millenium score today though your buddy’s Viz might end up taking you down to T2.
The funniest thing happened last night though. In EB our commander was opening VS walls and doors left and right and since we want to get to T2 he was leaving Deso to cap them.
On one of the towers we catapulted the wall down and just as the commander was pulling out here comes the Deso zerg. He moved out, but the pugs didnt follow. Unorganized and with no fear whatsoever 20 pugs charged on Deso zerg, whiped them clear off and then took the tower I was rofl with our commander.

I’ll try and explain.

Not once have I heard anyone say fair game or GG to anyone on Deso, all that Sfr has done is make excuses. Iron pretty much tied down your border for over 2 weeks, I don’t expect praise but abuse for doing our job? I don’t expect that either.

Yes sometimes we have very good numbers in prime time, but our daytime and night time teams of max 15-20. This team was getting walked over by your daytime and night time numbers, yet any victory they managed was described as yes you guessed it a blob. The hypocrisy is unbelievable from Sfr who came to t1 after an influx of guilds. I have numerous screenshots of Sfr running in large groups together since you rejoined t1, but everytime you get wiped its due to the enemies superior numbers. If you read these forums not once have we on Deso ever outplayed you.

But anyway we on Deso rarely had any guilds on in numbers during the day and at prime time would have 1-2 wvw guilds max per border. Therefore we needed tactics to stop your multiple guilds per border causing havoc to us, what were we supposed to do play into your hand and gift you everything?

Respect others and you will get respect in return. Vcy who I used to really respect are just about the worst trollers on these forums now. They never have a good word to say about anyone. I’d like to think that if a guild/server outplays us, that I would mention it, rather than making any old excuse.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: pcpsong.3850

pcpsong.3850

All I know is that Desolation are way better at losing than us

(that was a joke for the more sensitive forum goers)

We run with 20-30 tops, and have been ‘un-commandered’ last 2 weeks so we don’t pick up pugs as we need to work on our own play. When you continually run into 60+ blobs it’s difficult to have any respect because it’s either all over in a flash (Deso) or we win (VZ) .
Again that last statement was tongue in cheek if you feel the need to wear a tinfoil hat and scream ‘OMG SFR SUX’ or something.

So yeah we can respect you for having way more than us and it comes down to a numbers game pretty much, there aren’t that many controls you can put in place to manage that numbers vs your lower numbers (this isn’t DaoC sadly), moreso with the downed mechanism. But I’m not sure how anyone can respect anyone for simply being able to push ‘1’ better than anyone else because that’s what the games become when blobs collide.

As for this week, so far it’s been fun, not caring about taking anything, I think some new transfers are actually getting up to speed now and upgrading stuff and doing all the right things but the old long in the tooth SFR folks are just kittening around the maps looking for fights, which we had many of last night in Bay.

You may continue with trolling each other now.

Song
Mesmer – [VcY]

Song – Mesmer
[VcY] Velocity – www.velocityeugaming.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Iron fill whole map and whine that they have only 2 guild in map. Well it’s kind of problem when you invite every player who manage find their way in www.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

All I know is that Desolation are way better at losing than us

(that was a joke for the more sensitive forum goers)

We run with 20-30 tops, and have been ‘un-commandered’ last 2 weeks so we don’t pick up pugs as we need to work on our own play. When you continually run into 60+ blobs it’s difficult to have any respect because it’s either all over in a flash (Deso) or we win (VZ) .
Again that last statement was tongue in cheek if you feel the need to wear a tinfoil hat and scream ‘OMG SFR SUX’ or something.

So yeah we can respect you for having way more than us and it comes down to a numbers game pretty much, there aren’t that many controls you can put in place to manage that numbers vs your lower numbers (this isn’t DaoC sadly), moreso with the downed mechanism. But I’m not sure how anyone can respect anyone for simply being able to push ‘1’ better than anyone else because that’s what the games become when blobs collide.

As for this week, so far it’s been fun, not caring about taking anything, I think some new transfers are actually getting up to speed now and upgrading stuff and doing all the right things but the old long in the tooth SFR folks are just kittening around the maps looking for fights, which we had many of last night in Bay.

You may continue with trolling each other now.

Song
Mesmer – [VcY]

You really think we always outnumber u all the time? If you look at the times you score points this is obviously not the case. We did not have 3/4 wvw guilds per border, so yes we often have to organise the individuals on the border in order to get points and compete.

If we had had the number of dedicated wvw guilds Sfr had then maybe we could of done things differently but quite simply we could not do this. We rarely have queue’s yet you guys had long queue’s even before the free transfers, but we somehow still outnumber you.

We probably outnumber you guys in every fight even when we have the outmanned buff.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thimill.9162

Thimill.9162

Shhhh ! Shhhh !

Everyone calm down !
Here’s a LOVE dolyak for bring some peace in this thread.

PS: This is not a homophobic dolyak, i swear ! Pls don’t ban me again Anet. :’((((

Attachments:

Soibo, Soibel, Soibon : Asura engi – guard – necro
Vizunah Square – War Legend and ex-[Run]

(edited by Thimill.9162)

in Match-ups

Posted by: silvos.3092

silvos.3092

Pretty sure they’ll burn it and use its horn to kill each other…

(sad face)

Nice try anyway^^

Vizunah Square
[HM]
[UV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Shhhh ! Shhhh !

Everyone calm down !
Here’s a LOVE dolyak for bring some peace in this thread.

PS: This is not a homophobic dolyak, i swear ! Pls don’t ban me again Anet. :’((((

A traitor! Kill it with fire!!!

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaowi.7098

Zaowi.7098

At the end of the day who actually cares who wins, we all know wvw is just a numbers game Who ever has most coverage wins What do u get from winning the matchup.

NOOOOTHHHHHIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

Couldnt care less if we were in tier 1 or tier 8.

Zaowii
[IRON]
Sanctum Of Rall

(edited by Zaowi.7098)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luffy.9365

Luffy.9365

So offski , you accuse us(VcY) , that we troll and we are disrespectful?Have you ever see me to troll anyone?If you recall my posts, you will even see that i said to one of your members that we are happy that deso and Iron are in T1. Have you ever count, how many of your 2 guilds troll and speak anything but the truth? Then ppl question themselfs ……..about trolls! As about numbers……outmanned buff doesnt mean anything when VcY,SiN,Boon etc run only guildm8s and all deso is grouped up as one. We dont say that we have more ppl in a BL , but when we(VcY) are running untagged 25 members and we face 50iron+other guilds as one , we shouldnt say that you were more than us??? I have almost daily streams that anyone can watch and see….so i can back up every single word that i say.

[VcY]Velocity – Snowfang/Luffy D Portgas/Bagif

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

So you may call us a blob – but we may not call you a blob?

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bondurant.1540

Bondurant.1540

At the end of the day who actually cares who wins, we all know wvw is just a numbers game Who ever has most coverage wins What do u get from winning the matchup.

Well, to be quite honest Sir, regarding your posts history on this forum, you seem to give yourself a lot of care about it :

Desperate need of a morning crew

Competitive wvw throughout the day, come join iron !

Deso showing its weakness is always morning, outmannned every border.

Were doing well on Deso tbh, the matchup is getting closer every week ! and i do like farming all the bandwagoners the past 2 days.

Meh im just bored of being outmanned constantly in the mornings, always was deso weakness .

So, I assume it’s all about competition until the leading server get +30k points off the other ones within the first two days of the WvW week, then it’s oh well who cares about score and numbers, fun and games, you know! Right ?

Although this is a rather confusing post you just wrote, I do understand your frustration about the current score system, but there’s no reason blaming players of servers for that, they’re not responsible for this mess, ArenaNet is.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaowi.7098

Zaowi.7098

Well, to be quite honest Sir, regarding your posts history on this forum, you seem to give yourself a lot of care about it :

So, I assume it’s all about competition until the leading server get +30k points off the other ones within the first two days of the WvW week, then it’s oh well who cares about score and numbers, fun and games, you know! Right ?

Although this is a rather confusing post you just wrote, I do understand your frustration about the current score system, but there’s no reason blaming players of servers for that, they’re not responsible for this mess, ArenaNet is.

I did care about the competition, but not so much anymore, I just think people should just enjoy the fights etc, all these posts over nothing when the winner of the matchup gets nothing.

Zaowii
[IRON]
Sanctum Of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: pcpsong.3850

pcpsong.3850

You really think we always outnumber u all the time? If you look at the times you score points this is obviously not the case. We did not have 3/4 wvw guilds per border, so yes we often have to organise the individuals on the border in order to get points and compete.

If we had had the number of dedicated wvw guilds Sfr had then maybe we could of done things differently but quite simply we could not do this. We rarely have queue’s yet you guys had long queue’s even before the free transfers, but we somehow still outnumber you.

We probably outnumber you guys in every fight even when we have the outmanned buff.

Is that what I said? All I’m saying is that you asked for respect and I responded that it’s very hard to have any respect at all when the fights are boiled down to pressing the ‘1’ button over and over.

That’s not anyones fault that’s Arenanets fault and something they need to fix.

If we, the collective we, put all the effort and energy we waste on this thread into a considered statement to Arenanet then maybe, just maybe they might get off their kitten and fix something.

As for all the rest, we never had long queues before the transfers opened, at most it was 10/15 minutes and mostly it was straight in. You can quite clearly see that by the amount of organised guild raids that actually got to raid vs the state of the last week or so where we had to stand guilds afk at spawn so we could just get enough people in to do something productive.

Which ironically ends up being counter productive to the server as a whole. For a game that’s meant to be about Guild Wars it does a great job at ensuring that guilds can’t join up together and fight together.

Anyway you can go back to being angry at me if you like we’re really not the problem here, none of us are…

Song
Mesmer – [VcY]

Song – Mesmer
[VcY] Velocity – www.velocityeugaming.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

Fun yesterday and today morning in Eb guys I know we slack this week? but Deso slacking too? Also that attack on t3 hills in deso bl.. Really golems Vz? and whole zone blob and still failed man I like this free week 5k kills in 2 days. and the footage of Deso and Vz runing out of my party is insane. Also tumbs up for the boat stand tonight was hilarious. It was only pitty that after Vz got farmed a bit they stopped coming the moment we put cominal boosters banners and the mf food and gear such a waste

in Match-ups

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

Heres the truth.

Desolation: a PVX server with a strong presence in WvW. Stable an stubborn like a donkey never gives up and much of the time plays for fun. Often having zero queue times during the day for WvW with around 5 and sometimes 10 mins queue at prime time.

Vizunah Square: WvW server with excellent recruitment. You think you beat them and they bounce back. Thier structure with pugs is what keeps them at the top. Fantastic community that mixes and works together, they have perfected the points game and tactics for winning.

Seafarers Rest: WvW Server which gained alot of organised guilds and dominated first place in tier 1. Done over by Anet allowing free transfers to the winning T1 server which made it near impossible for this server to play effectively since it was built on guilds and not pugs. Queue times became unbearable for some guilds and they left. SFR will rebuild.

Any trolls that can argue with this?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Haha +25 tic in EB and we have queue.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

btw heres a way for them to break up the zerg vs zerg stuff. Rid the maps of waypoints except ur spawn waypoint which can only be used after death and have a resurection timer of 1 minute 30 secs if you die. If you switch maps you also have to wait for 1 minute before you can leave the waypoint.

You need the penalty for death for people to not abuse death to reach the waypoint to defend the other side of the map. likewise you need to penalise waypointing to another map to add numbers to a fight or using switching maps to come back to your own borderlands waypoint to defend a tower in the south.

This would mean people would have to take care of where they are at all times to be able to defend a structure and it would take more effort to stay in a bigger group. until they do something like this or bring in new bigger maps it is in peoples interest to run as a zerg to generate points for their servers. So stop taking about you blob, we blob crap. Besides some of you need a minute break to get off your backsides and stretch ur legs when your being an armchair warrior. >.<

in Match-ups

Beliskner.5039

Currently was wondering why so little effort is being put into WvW by Deso and SFR, was told we are purposly losing so we don’t have to face someone else, no idea if that’s true or not, but if it is, it’s pathetic.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

Some of the posts on here are getting crazy!

Why does Deso target SFR? Probably because we’ve fought Vizunah alot longer than you have and it’s nice to have an opponent that offers us (sorry Viz) better fights and a lot more fun. It’s not really a conscious thing for most people where we go in and are like – lets aim for SFR and let Viz walk all over both of us (most of the time at least =D).

Well for me, when I’m commanding I tend to target SFR because frankly I don’t like them. That, and however much you say IRON blob, Vizombie blobs, while easy to kill, are downright scary in numbers and cause us horrific lag.

And to those whining about IRON blob’s yet again last night – We were on both Vizunah and Desolation borderland’s last night (exclusive of the Eternal folks who are awesome btw). There were exactly 25 of us on Deso border who assisted in taking garrison and killing some SFR, while on Vizunah border there was around 30-35. Even when we all moved back to Vizunah border (22:00ish BST – 00:00 BST) we were in two groups and working pretty independently from each other.

I don’t mind that you troll IRON and call us a blob all the time, but at least get some perspective – you aren’t being wiped by 900 IRON, you are being wiped by 25.

And to everyone that really believes that they haven’t blobbed in recent weeks – get over yourselves. You have, we have, everyone has. It cannot become the new thing to do, and even IRONblob are trying as hard as we can to stop it becoming the ‘norm’.

Please respect that, even if you don’t like us.

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in Match-ups

Posted by: DarkieDuck.9521

DarkieDuck.9521

http://tinypic.com/r/242swtw/6

We lolled indeed. Ty for BvB. (boat vs Boat)

http://i.imgur.com/1oDcI3X.jpg

From the other side.

Haha epic stuff right there

Zekow[NiD] – lvl 80 Elementalist
Solo guard of the watergate
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Wrex.6798

Currently was wondering why so little effort is being put into WvW by Deso and SFR, was told we are purposly losing so we don’t have to face someone else, no idea if that’s true or not, but if it is, it’s pathetic.

Don’t worry, the lack of points from Deso is pretty much just that the sun is coming out and we’re having a week of chilling out in the enemy spawn towers to farm loot, we’ll be back in full force soon enough! I for one am enjoying my mini break – I cracked out Mass Effect again

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in Match-ups

Beliskner.5039

Well i suppose if IRON are taking a break because they want to lose, it will be less bootcamp and more fun for a week, so thats good for most of us.

in Match-ups

Wrex.6798

Well i suppose if IRON are taking a break because they want to lose, it will be less bootcamp and more fun for a week, so thats good for most of us.

Again, why assume we want to lose? We don’t, but is it that important to win / try to win all the time? IRON are not facerubbing the scoreboard for one week, so sue us.

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ohliufff.8160

Ohliufff.8160

I’ll try and explain.
Not once have I heard anyone say fair game or GG to anyone on Deso, all that Sfr has done is make excuses.

Not true and here is just 2 of this posts.

It was a very nice week with some epic fights (some won, some lost). Kidding aside i think tier 1 is looking as it should be. Thanks to all our commanders for pushing that extra hours and leading us and congrats to a well deserved victory. Vizu had a hell of a push last few days which motivated us even more. On a side note I hope people don’t get the wrong idea from all the trolls and propaganda, but respecting the enemy is important, because you will never underestimate him.

GG tonight to Deso, Viz and all my boys from SFR. There were some nice 3 way battles on the open field in Desolation. All around even board and a even match for the 2nd place this week.

[BOO]KhanKubrat – Small Onel for life
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Ohliufff.8160)

in Match-ups

Razz.2501

Everyone knows you can only be killed in WvW by overwhelming numbers if you are from SFR…….getting killed by equal or less numbers just can’t happen!!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Heres the truth.

Desolation: a PVX server with a strong presence in WvW. Stable an stubborn like a donkey never gives up and much of the time plays for fun. Often having zero queue times during the day for WvW with around 5 and sometimes 10 mins queue at prime time.

Vizunah Square: WvW server with excellent recruitment. You think you beat them and they bounce back. Thier structure with pugs is what keeps them at the top. Fantastic community that mixes and works together, they have perfected the points game and tactics for winning.

Seafarers Rest: WvW Server which gained alot of organised guilds and dominated first place in tier 1. Done over by Anet allowing free transfers to the winning T1 server which made it near impossible for this server to play effectively since it was built on guilds and not pugs. Queue times became unbearable for some guilds and they left. SFR will rebuild.

Any trolls that can argue with this?

Nope seems it’s a very rational sum up of EU tier 1 servers although id add that deso would be playing possibly too much for fun because we haven’t generated enough awareness or interest in scoring points by flipping and holding things for the tick and getting left behind by our opponents.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Bondurant.1540

FAQ addendum :

- Playing for fun is a totally legitimate statement once the leading server is way too high score wise to be beat during the rest of the week. You can also use this excuse to mock servers who are only playing for points and resent them for their boring tactics and lack of enjoyment (i.e. they’re obvisouly not having fun playing the game while you totally do).

in Match-ups

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

And to those whining about IRON blob’s yet again last night – We were on both Vizunah and Desolation borderland’s last night (exclusive of the Eternal folks who are awesome btw). There were exactly 25 of us on Deso border who assisted in taking garrison and killing some SFR, while on Vizunah border there was around 30-35. Even when we all moved back to Vizunah border (22:00ish BST – 00:00 BST) we were in two groups and working pretty independently from each other.

//Wrex

Nice try but i am sorry to call out your bluff.Idk aboutDeso border but you stating having only 30-35 on vs border is more than funny.I believe there are streams of the whole evening on both Riot and siN maybe even pugs that can prove 100% how everyone started lagging imensely only by aproaching your blob.Our force was split in 2 equal groups between the 2 guilds without counting the countless newbies that were prolly doing jp(raw estimate about usual 30% of the map pop) and we never joined forces because of pure principle(that i personaly did not share btw).

I can understand why you guys “need” to blob up like that and i even apreciate some honest guys from IRON recognizing it,but why one of the main commanders of such an important guild feels the need to blatantly try and distort already evident facts is beyond me.That is extremely silly imho.

Everyone is free to check streams btw .a simple google with keywords like stream ,sfr,riot,sin etc will do the trick in seconds.All sIN streams are also free to watch everyday with no signup needed at http://it.twitch.tv/xdef

Sorry for my ridiculous nonsense again.Cudos

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in Match-ups

Bondurant.1540

Sorry for my ridiculous nonsense again

No nonsense at all my friend, I totally agree with you, I mean what do people think ? Like, they can group together in large numbers so they can accomplish things better ? What are they, idiots ? Where do they think they actually are, in some kind of MMO ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ipea.2974

Ipea.2974

This thread needs more Ipea so here I am.
Hi everyone

in Match-ups

graverr.6473

Sorry for my ridiculous nonsense again

No nonsense at all my friend, I totally agree with you, I mean what do people think ? Like, they can group together in large numbers so they can accomplish things better ? What are they, idiots ? Where do they think they actually are, in some kind of MMO ?

You completely missed out the point even though i was sure the last sentence will be 100% troll magnet xd.

Point is and it seems i need to spell it out unfortunately that everyone has their reasons to blob or not,yet what i don’t personally understand why lie about it especially when there is overwhelming proof against that afirmation in countless live taken videos.

TLDR: the short version : You/we/they blob.Cheers,gz,ftw.But why deny it and pretend to only run 20,30 man group though?Maybe someone can please explain.Thx

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

Our bl is often a mess and outmanned before 6pm gmt unless one of the larger guilds like VOTF etc are present to hold the randoms who frequently hang out there together, besides that there never really is a moment in the evening i can say deso bl is not overwhelmed by iether SFR and Viz who take it in turns or all at the same time to keep the pressure on.

Sometimes i don’t even have room to fart bouncing back and forth like a jack in the box i expect many deso feel the same on home bl the other bl’s i can’t comment on so i wont.

Axle

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Wrex.6798

@ graverr – You still don’t get it, I am one of the people in IRON who will always admit when we are blobbing, and I have actively been on the forums trying to come up with good alternatives that people can do to stop it from happening. Yet I am often the first to admit when it is happening.

You need to understand that what I wrote previously about last night is exactly what was happening. I haven’t managed to find any stream of last night from your POV but I have checked mine (yes I too stream) and it’s quiet clear that we do indeed have PuG’s with us, but again 30-35 IRON until 22:00 BST, like I mentioned above.

I’m not ‘distorting’ the facts, I am offering you a true view of what we were up to last night, that said I cannot promise that at X time on X day you didn’t see an IRON blob. Try to at least be reasonable when answering posts, it’s closed minded of you to assume that 1 IRON tag must equal 100.

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Again, why assume we want to lose? We don’t, but is it that important to win / try to win all the time? IRON are not facerubbing the scoreboard for one week, so sue us.

//Wrex

Good to hear this, might want to spread the word on the server too, though, some people in EB atm are absolutely convinced Deso is trying to lose “Look on the forums” (The person saying most of this then admitted he cba with forums, but really, look on the forums and you’ll see it… lol)

in Match-ups

graverr.6473

@ graverr – You still don’t get it, I am one of the people in IRON who will always admit when we are blobbing, and I have actively been on the forums trying to come up with good alternatives that people can do to stop it from happening. Yet I am often the first to admit when it is happening.

You need to understand that what I wrote previously about last night is exactly what was happening. I haven’t managed to find any stream of last night from your POV but I have checked mine (yes I too stream) and it’s quiet clear that we do indeed have PuG’s with us, but again 30-35 IRON until 22:00 BST, like I mentioned above.

I’m not ‘distorting’ the facts, I am offering you a true view of what we were up to last night, that said I cannot promise that at X time on X day you didn’t see an IRON blob. Try to at least be reasonable when answering posts, it’s closed minded of you to assume that 1 IRON tag must equal 100.

//Wrex

Fair enough.Quite often all Deso except a few exceptions counting other guilds are mistaken for IRON especially when you can see the 1st 30 tags charging you with IRON tag.I believe at this point the shere numbers of your guild(cudos to that) influenced a lot the mentality of the “friendlies” on Desolation resulting in focusing this massive stack on a known guild commander and that is only on Anet imho.

Also bow to AFTL that before you guys joined the bl tried to take things in their own hands only,thing that is rarely seen in t1 anymore.We were not that many ourselves but having probably other 20 friendlies along might have resulted in "miniblobing"you.Yeah i said miniblob since i miss a word for the concept of only half a blob atm :p

(edited by graverr.6473)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

So here is a fair reflection of the GvG vs. VOTF not wins only. Every single fight in there. 13 in total not 12 like many claim. Overall score 8 – 5 to Red Guard. Video done by Teggz. None the less though it was one of the best GvGs we had and i have no doubt that a time will come when we do it again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aikanaro.2609

Aikanaro.2609

So, Desolation blocks our spawn at EB, while VS taking our stuff? Nice one, no kidding, eb all green, except untoched red corner.

ZDs

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

I do not think any commander supports blobbing but are merely a victim of their own success if they do well many want to get in on the action and tend to home into the commander with the biggest force that may guarantee that so in my eyes it’s the large ratio of randoms to regular guild raiders who are a large part of the problem

Commanders of large guilds are now turning their tags off in a hope it will help break up the blobs and spread the manpower out more with other commanders with smaller raids. does it work? in some sense yes but defeats the whole purpose of owning a tag.

Axle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Offski the guy you quoted is not a member of VcY. Only five people from VcY have posted here. Pukknub, Snowfang, Either, Song and myself. Our post have been constructive, observational and some tongue in cheek. We don’t make the habit of flaming guilds or servers because it gives us a bad name and believe it or not that matters to us. Sure some tempers get frayed and things are said but everyone does that at some point. Reason for this is because our guys get heavily invested in WvW. We have fun every now and then but when kitten hits the fan we are seroius and get to business.

Also why is it that when we try to lose we have the most fun and why is it so hard to lose! Focus SFR kittenit!

RP enthusiast