Is not solo'able

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Kelnter.7530

Kelnter.7530

Everything is solo-able even the champions when you learn the fights. This is very close to perfect from Anet. The mobs are hard and interesting, you can zerg or solo the open world area and all the instances are easy solo and scale for those who want to go with a group. I did everything with my full rabid necro and my zerker thief. I had to change my skills many times and go slowly on my thief but I soloed the spider and the wurm and made it to the top twice. I died a few times, mostly because I made silly mistakes or because I tried to rez someone, but paid for the armor repair and the travel golem and continued.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Spider queen is not really the floor boss you can just run past it, the wurm just after is the boss of the floor.
Later will try to solo the 1st boss, of them all this one and propably 3th floor one are rather hard to deal whit since you will have halucination on you aswell, tho whit 1st one you can deal whit it by dodgeing the pulls but whit 3th you cant avoid toxins.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: angan.6572

angan.6572

Everything is solo-able even the champions when you learn the fights. This is very close to perfect from Anet. The mobs are hard and interesting, you can zerg or solo the open world area and all the instances are easy solo and scale for those who want to go with a group. I did everything with my full rabid necro and my zerker thief. I had to change my skills many times and go slowly on my thief but I soloed the spider and the wurm and made it to the top twice. I died a few times, mostly because I made silly mistakes or because I tried to rez someone, but paid for the armor repair and the travel golem and continued.

It took a zerg of 40 people 7 minutes to kill the spider queen and you claim to solo it…. I doubt you soloed the champion wurm since from that zerg of 40 around ~25 made it alive after killing it and you claim to solo it…. Cool stories uncle Kelnter. Tell us more.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

It took a zerg of 40 people 7 minutes to kill the spider queen and you claim to solo it…. I doubt you soloed the champion wurm since from that zerg of 40 around ~25 made it alive after killing it and you claim to solo it…. Cool stories uncle Kelnter. Tell us more.

You do very well know that the more people in an area the stronger event champions get right? 40 people means the bosses HP skyrocketed and so did his damage. =P

An example, I was just running through level 2 with no one else around, got to the worm queen she was only vet status cause NO ONE was around when she spawned up. I promptly soloed her with little issue.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Cold Hearted Person.6154

You know what is event scaling? it simple means more players=higher difficulity, less player=lower difficulity.
Whit 40 players around bosses can 1 shot you, thats a matter of fact, try to go at it whit 2-4 ppl and you will see the difference(tho whit 4 it will propably scale up to champ status).

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

You know what is event scaling, it simple means more players=higher difficulity, less player=lower difficulity.
Whit 40 players around bosses can 1 shot you, thats a matter of fact, try to go at it whit 2-4 ppl and you will see the difference.

This right here. Its why a group of 40+ can get wiped trying to do group events in Orr sometimes, but one person can /faceroll through the whole thing, if they are skilled enough.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

No one has soloed it no matter how much they try to feed their egos on a forum, this is open world, you get help (or in this case harm too) from other players regardless of you being in a party or not, if you think being partyless means you soloed it you need to think more.

I did it and I’m 33, I have arthritis, and computer lag.

You saying I didn’t do it… give me 5 minutes, and you sit in beginning and I will do it for you.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

I soloed with my staff ele, run pass everything alone in level 3 (Ether Renewal is the life saver), solo Veteran Wurm and solo the last boss with no problem.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I highly doubt any of you have soloed any of the champions. I can claim I have been to the moon but that does not make it so.

Feel free to post videos to back up your claims, till then I will look at your posts as desperate cries for attention.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Cold Hearted Person.6154

I must say it out laud
Anet you guys did great work at scaling in the Tower map!!!
Go ther alone and you can solo it whit still beaing challenged, go whit a group and you still find it challenging, simply a perfect balance, both for 1 and 50+ players.

I state it many times when im in tower, the real problem are players, not the mobs or the map itself, but large numbers of players scaling the map up.
When all of the achivment hunters will get all the achivment for the event and get bored of it and leave the map any one will be able to solo the whole freaking tower.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

After some tries, 2nd floor boss wurm can be soloed, tho its hard but doable, whit 2 people its kitten easy, just kill some adds (mainly 1st 2-3wurms) and avoid the whirls and you can kill no problem, it scale down to 2 people just fine.

Even at my 1st atempt when i didnt even knew what the wurm attacks are i got it down to 60% before his attacks and whirls killed me.

I’ve noticed that if you stay at a 1200 range from the boss, you can easily avoid his AoE attacks and kill him without being hit by anything other than his long range little shockwave missile thingy. And with 2 people…I felt like I was beating up a poor non-veteran event boss.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Aedelric.1287

I can. Period.

Accept it. Don’t. Stay quiet.

Sorry to disappoint you, it is not up to anyone to believe you but for you to prove yourself right.

Edit – Looks like your post vanished, interesting.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

I highly doubt any of you have soloed any of the champions. I can claim I have been to the moon but that does not make it so.

Feel free to post videos to back up your claims, till then I will look at your posts as desperate cries for attention.

Youtube already has solo videos… LOL

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Glass cannon thief solo… pretty easy if you can dodge.

Also known as Liahm Lee

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

I will never understand the desire of some “players” to solo every single content of massively multiplayer role playing game. And not just the desire but entitlement as well. If you wanna play entire game solo w/o anyone bothering you just go play Skyrim (or any sp game, I believe there are many of those on market).

Oh crap, it looks like some parts of a massive multiplayer online game might not be solo-able.
Who could’ve guessed that?

You both need to think before you speak. Stop with the bashing of other players who want solo content and read first.

It’s the patch notes that state this is solo content. So before you go on your rants of how this is an MMO and that players need to go play single player games if they want solo content, realize it was Anet who made this solo content. Anet released content that is intended to be soloed. Yes I know, solo content in an MMO. Anet’s decision, not the players.

So if you want to be rude and bash on someone, do it to Anet. They are the ones who added solo content to your MMO that you think should always require a group. Otherwise, keep it to yourself.

Anet said we’d have solo content, you can solo ALL the instances inside the tower, you require a group to get there for the 1st time. Nevertheless, you’re still getting solo content.

So it’s both solo + group content, if you want to play a 100% single player you’re in the wrong genre.

Nice try tho

So when the zerg is gone, voilà, you’re locked out from your solo content and never be able to experience it again until the zerg comes back.
I don’t know if the worst thing is a content designed for the zerg or a content designed also for solo players but whose access is gated behind the zerg.
This remind me a lot of Queen’s Gauntlet.

Zerg? You dont need a zerg for this, I got up there with a group of 10 people.
So you could say that – in this massive multiplayer online game – you have to team up with other people to reach the end, kitten , why cant I solo everything like skyrim?

Massive Multiplayer has never meant you must group or that only people who like to be in groups need apply.

It just means there are a massive number of players sharing the same server.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Is solo’able.

/thread

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

The worst Thing of this “open world Thing” that leads to the instances is that even zergs do not really clear the area. They just run through, don’t care for the People struggeling or who are dead.
My friend died when we ran with a zerg. I couldn’t rezz him because NO ONE cleared the Veterans and whatever ran around there, it was just rushing and running so I tried to make my way through, while he had to start at the beginning, not finding enough People to make it to the top.
I got killed before the entrance to the room with the chest and the instance and guess what? People ran over me in zergs but no one even dared to rezz me. I had to die my way through using Revival pearls.

If more People just “park” an alt on the chest, give him Access to their bank and put the keys IN the bank…. well…. who will then ever run the whole way?

And then, all the People hanging around in that area Count for scaling. Too bad if no one is there to help.

I don’t think that this is the best design Anet could do. What I know is: Once I’m done I’ll never set foot into this again….

Trahearne <3

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The worst Thing of this “open world Thing” that leads to the instances is that even zergs do not really clear the area. They just run through, don’t care for the People struggeling or who are dead.
My friend died when we ran with a zerg. I couldn’t rezz him because NO ONE cleared the Veterans and whatever ran around there, it was just rushing and running so I tried to make my way through, while he had to start at the beginning, not finding enough People to make it to the top.
I got killed before the entrance to the room with the chest and the instance and guess what? People ran over me in zergs but no one even dared to rezz me. I had to die my way through using Revival pearls.

If more People just “park” an alt on the chest, give him Access to their bank and put the keys IN the bank…. well…. who will then ever run the whole way?

And then, all the People hanging around in that area Count for scaling. Too bad if no one is there to help.

I don’t think that this is the best design Anet could do. What I know is: Once I’m done I’ll never set foot into this again….

the question is..why do ppl rush through? because mobs are absurdly stupid and if you actually stop to fight you die mostlikely and would have to start again

i see no problem with tower design itself, but with mobs if anything

new heal is a joke considering how fast those stacks of confusion/torment are applied again

@Anet: STOP MAKING MOBS BASED ON CONFUSION, thanks

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Cold Hearted Person.6154

you know, that toxins have DoT lower than unscaled regen, while runing throu the floor w/o geting hit i only need to use healing skill one time in the midle of the floor to get full hp.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I’m guessing you didn’t run into any blocked passages, guarded by champions.

This is exactly what makes it not soloable.

I have been waiting for twenty minutes for other players to come along and help clear the path. Guess it can only ever be completed during peak times or as a group.

The instances are fine as a solo player, getting to them is essentially impossible as a solo player though.

Yerp. This is what I said in mapchat. Good idea, fun, challenging. Scaling is terribad or non existant. You need to wait for groups of people to come along and beat champions or get passed a blocked wall that is surrounded by 8 or 9 regular mobs and a vet or two.

No, it is NOT solo friendly if you are doing it ALL by yourself.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

cesmode.4257

Id agree. It took a group of 5-10 people about 10-15 minutes, many deaths.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

cesmode.4257

You know what is event scaling? it simple means more players=higher difficulity, less player=lower difficulity.
Whit 40 players around bosses can 1 shot you, thats a matter of fact, try to go at it whit 2-4 ppl and you will see the difference(tho whit 4 it will propably scale up to champ status).

The event scaling…pft. How come I was alone near a blocked passage with 1 or 2 vets and 6 or 7 regular mobs? Is that arenanet’s idea of event scaling? One person to take on that? No… Im good but that is just too much with the amount of CC, AOE conditions and hallucinations they put on me.

No, the event scaling in this LS is borked.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Tunnel vision much, look around on you tube are clip showing ppl solo floor boss’es.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

cesmode.4257

Tunnel vision much, look around on you tube are clip showing ppl solo floor boss’es.

They must have ascended gear.

Thats the trick..Icwhatudidtherearenanet

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Cold Hearted Person.6154

LOL and its a big LOL, dude go look how much ascended gives you stat wise.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Learn to dodge.
Learn to switch skills.
Learn to switch weapons.
Learn when to fight and when not to.

It is soloable.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

cesmode.4257

LOL and its a big LOL, dude go look how much ascended gives you stat wise.

I was half kidding. But then again, there was a few times last night where the mob had a sliver of health. Maybe that 5-8% might have helped?

… one can only wonder!

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Cold Hearted Person.6154

For ppl who want to try solo the tower i wrote a small guide throu 1st and 2nd floor boss’es, its not perfect but its made based on my experience when soloing, maybe it will be useful to you.

1st and 2nd floor BOSS small guide

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It’s pretty obvious that some players are just not very adept at “soloing”. Be it their general build, equipment focus (or lack thereof) or their skill. This is no different than plenty of open world areas in the main game. Soloing is certainly POSSIBLE, but it may require more planning, preparation and strategy than anticipated.

Just because it is possible to engage in an area by yourself (what Anet really means by the comment quoted…..you can try this without need for a party) is by no means a guarantee that ALL players in ALL configurations will be able to survive and complete the content. This is another case of players taking an ANet comment out of context and twisting it to mean what they want (that everyone should easily be able to do this content by themselves).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

[…] is another case of players taking an ANet comment out of context and twisting it to mean what they want (that everyone should easily be able to do this content by themselves).

…and then come to the forums and complain that there is no challenge in GW2.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

It probably is soloable but has the same problem as the labyrinth: Highly annoying enemies. Since the rewards seem limited to a not very good looking mask and a mini I’m probably going to skip it. Leveling my new guardian alt is way more fun.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

Oh crap, it looks like some parts of a massive multiplayer online game might not be solo-able.
Who could’ve guessed that?

Yep, agree.

We’ve got people in this thread qq’ing that it’s not soloable, and other people qq’ing because it’s too easy and you can solo it.

This is an MMO, and ANET has mixed up the content from easy to difficult solo content, and also easy to difficult group content.

People need to quit whining. The game needs to appeal to hundreds of thousands of people, not people who want 100% one way or another.

I was blown away reading a post a few months back titled something like “please don’t ever make me play solo again” where someone complained that there was a solo instance that they had to encounter.

And to the OP, this is absolutely soloable. Do you need to move with a group of players to get there? Probably. Do you actually have to GROUP with those players? Absolutely not.

People need to quit complaining.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Aedelric.1287

Youtube already has solo videos… LOL

And I am sure not a single one of them is of you defeating a champion solo.

LOL?

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

The champion is really easy to solo. I did it first try, no problems at all. Almost everyone I’ve spoken to has as well.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: XeKc.9310

XeKc.9310

Dear berz-type 1-button players, stop creating ragethreads
Thanks

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: starwatto.4527

starwatto.4527

1. Easy to solo if you dont pull too many mobs (otherwise is your mistake)
2. ITS AN MMO omg.

Casually hardcore since 2012
Aurora Glade
[rddt]

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The reason why people don’t kill those mobs is because they’re on a, I believe, a 3-5 minute timer. Killed it, and within 3-5 minutes the mobs are back. Plus the mobs scale up with the amount of players nearby, so it becomes too hard to kill the mobs, and far easier to just run past them and get to a safe zone or the middle of the tower.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

It is soloable. I’ve solo’ed the boss event that blocked my path. Don’t the events get scaled down if you’re the only person there?

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

They said solo or group in patch notes. But it cannot be soloed at least u need 2or3 ppl with u to run through the maze. those tree plants are death trap, they do aoe dmg. mobs spawn kind of quick.

LETS FIX the confusion you are causing with your incorrect comment. Here is a quote from the patch notes. I will bold the the areas you misread. Please feel free to post other Anet quotes if these are not the ones you were referring to:

•The Tower of Nightmares is an open-world map designed to challenge even the hardiest of groups. Fighting side by side, players will need to rely on each other to survive.

•Once inside the Tower of Nightmares, players will need to make their way up the tower, scaling three floors of horrifying dangers to reach the heart of the tower—a massive, noxious bloom pulsing with malevolent power. At the apex of the tower, players can enter the chamber protecting the tower’s heart and begin a story instance that can be completed solo or with a group of up to five players.

•The Nightmare Chamber instances are designed for either solo or group play and are comprised of a number of random elements. Each time a player enters a chamber, there is a chance to see something, or someone, different. But is any of it real?

You seem to be cofusing the open world content with the instances. You see it says the instances are solo’able and scale appropriately to the party size. They never said making your way up the tower was solo’able. The tower part mentions groups, however most of the tower itself is solo’able if you bring good consumables, skills, and look for the spots on the walls that can remove the toxin (most people don’t even know about this), which might be why they fail while others don’t. I hope this addresses your’s and others accusations and clears things up.

Also remember that solo DOES NOT mean easy, so some people with bad builds or runes may not be able to solo areas that others can, but that does not mean that it is not solo’able. Some classes are also better than others to solo with. I found getting to the top was the perfect challenge with about 3-5 people. More people actually slowed it down by making events longer.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The instances are all 100% soloable.

I’ve done half a dozen chambers, the end instance, and the second end instance solo (even got the “no death” achieve) without too much difficulty. And I’m hardly the “best player ever” or anything. The fact that I was running a character with a defensive build certainly helped, though.

The tower, on the other hand… its soloable to some degree if you just run past everything and are decent at dodging the mines. Bring every invulnerability, block, passive heal, ect you have. Pretty tough if you’re trying to fight regular mobs, though. My aforementioned tank build can handle the 2 normal + vet groups, or even handle a few vets at once, but the elites are still pretty tough and the tower has a lot of roaming enemies, so when you start battling 2 enemies you may end up with a group of 5+ on top of you before you finish. And events (especially champs) are extremely difficult. Considering champs sometimes block the way forward, that’s the main hurdle that makes it nigh-impossible to solo.

I do question hiding soloable content behind extremely difficult-to-solo, intended-for-group content. Solo content is good and something a lot of players want, but it half ruins the point if the only way to GET to the solo content is to group. Right now its not too bad considering the fact that the tower is full of people since its brand new content and all, but when interest in the tower dwindles (and I’m sure it will, the rewards don’t seem all that amazing and the achievements are pretty quick to get) its going to get worse.

That said, with the way the tower is laid out I don’t see how they could have done it any other way. You can’t have the end instance at the beginning so that solo players can get to it, its not much of an ending then. And while they could have put maybe one of the chambers at the start, that one is not always going to be “open” so you’d still have to venture into the tower to find others.

I guess they could have made the entire tower soloable, but that makes it seem much less threatening and means that even small groups would completely curbstomp it.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Didn’t know that that floor boss were scaled to the number of people, cause everytime I got to a floor boss, they were always champs, and I was the only person looking at them, sat around for 30 minutes at one, waiting for other people, but none showed up. Logged for for about 1 hour, and logged back in with a bunch of people fighting the the floor boss.

Do the floor boss scale to the number of people in the tower or something, and not the actual number of people fighting the floor champ? If it scales, then why were the floor bosses always champs when I was the only person there and haven’t seen anybody on my travels to it? /shrug.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I just ran the dungeon solo why was it so easy! T.T I was prepared to fight hard lol

on the run there I have it easy cuz I’m a Mesmer lol I died some til I put on sword focus + torch with my WvW PU phantasm dps build which means I have heavy stealth (4 stealths) and I can use focus pull to get mobs off of me or clear a path without being in combat as well as perma swiftness with centaur runes. I can imagine it hard for non stealth classes or full zerk classes

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Thugem Chi.6189

Thugem Chi.6189

This whole content can NOT be done solo. To say that you have done it solo is to say you fought your way through the whole tower, beat the champions, elites, etc, all on your own, from start to finish. I doubt that very much. A person may try to run and get lucky to be shortly behind a zerg or maybe have others in front or back or around to distract the foes. But take a slow Norn Engineer through to run it or fight your way all the way to the top. (And you need to go through and encounter everything and every foe.) This whole thing is a zerg fest, and not player oriented. Either you zerg and hope you stay with the pack or you try to run on your own and hope you get lucky. Just very disappointing. I certainly won’t being buying anything from the Gem Store in support of this content.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

They said solo or group in patch notes. But it cannot be soloed at least u need 2or3 ppl with u to run through the maze. those tree plants are death trap, they do aoe dmg. mobs spawn kind of quick.

That was referring to the end instance, they clearly stated that the first three floors are intended to require teamwork.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I did it solo.

Climbed the 3 levels (and the final thingy for the 4th), entered all the mini instances; completed the explorer achievement and killed the last champ without dying a single time.

Pro-tip: Hang that zerk gear in the wardrobe and use your pvp set.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

(edited by Mesket.5728)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

cesmode.4257

I did it solo.

Climbed the 3 levels, entered all the mini instances; completed the explorer achievement and killed the last champ without dying a single time.

Ill say it again…this better not be some ill-conceived attemp at making me get another gear set. I geared my thief for zerker. I don’t want to get a PVT set or something.

Note: I do support different gear sets and builds to promote diversity. I just chose zerker for my thief and I dont want to have to acquire another set to complete this content. What happened to playing the way I want to play?

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I did it solo.

Climbed the 3 levels, entered all the mini instances; completed the explorer achievement and killed the last champ without dying a single time.

Ill say it again…this better not be some ill-conceived attemp at making me get another gear set. I geared my thief for zerker. I don’t want to get a PVT set or something.

Note: I do support different gear sets and builds to promote diversity. I just chose zerker for my thief and I dont want to have to acquire another set to complete this content. What happened to playing the way I want to play?

You are doing it; and, as consequence, are effective as your choice is.

Don’t get a defensive set if you don’t want to, but as it should always be and unfortunately it is not; using a pure dps set is putting you up to some real risk. Get friends or go slowly.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Shakyhands.2894

Shakyhands.2894

I didn’t join a group and made it to the top. I won’t say I solo’d it as there were groups of people here and there aggroing mobs and kinda clearing the way. I am sure I also cleared the way for others. All I’m saying is, it’s kinda hard to say you solo’d to the top when it’s an open world instance. Although some classes are better then others at running past mobs! So I guess you can consider that a solo to the top, if you recieved no help from others on your way. Obviously the chambers can be solo’d.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

cesmode.4257

I did it solo.

You are doing it; and, as consequence, are effective as your choice is.

Don’t get a defensive set if you don’t want to, but as it should always be and unfortunately it is not; using a pure dps set is putting you up to some real risk. Get friends or go slowly.

Going slowly does not help. Running into a pack of 8 regular mobs and 2 vets is punishing if I am alone. Or running into a champ.. Yes people have soloed the champs, but not everyone.

Last night I was with a group, but was seperated because we all went into an instance. Came out and I was alone. So I waited 10 minutes to see if more people would come. None did. I trecked on and found my self surrounded by the scenario I told above.

So this tells me that if I cant stay up with the zerg, I need to build defensive to run solo. So again I ask, why is arenanet suddenly making open world content like this largely unattainable for zerker builds?

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People seem to think that their personal experience reflects everyone else’s. This is Liandri and Teq all over again where people were calling them impossible and yet they weren’t.