Exotic Discovery's Reset

Exotic Discovery's Reset

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

@Sykper.6583

I sold a few exotics on the trading post, for a substantial loss, but I salvaged most of the exotics for the materials to make new discoveries. I lost well over 200g for those discoveries. In this game, that is no small sum.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Alex.3907

Alex.3907

@Sykper.6583: Many of us did in fact make a significant net loss. I’m not sure about exotic weapons, since thankfully I hadn’t gotten round to discovering those yet, but I can tell you that it’s not uncommon for superior sigils to sell for as low as 3s, even though crafting them requires a T6 basic mat, a lodestone, and an ecto. If the lodestone in question is Charged, the net loss can be as high as 99%!

So no, our only investment was not time. It was gold.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

There is one, and only one thing I have to ask those who spend the time/gold/materials to craft to fill out the collection.

Just one thing, very simple thing that effectively decides how big of an investment you ‘really’ lost.

What did you do with the resulting crafted item?

You put in time and money to get an item, so what did you do with it?

- Did you vendor it?

- Did you list it on the TP?

- Is it chilling out in your bank?

Why am I asking this? Because I cannot believe you are out so much money without getting something back. You created said items with materials and whatnot, spent time doing so. You should, as we all know, have gotten your money BACK from selling, if not make a profit depending on what you sold.

If there is any real loss, you simply spent a lot of time getting the recipes filled out, that is it. Any able-minded player would have sold the product crafted at a price to break even.

Although heaven forbid the product itself is less than the sum of its part, some recipes ARE such. Then yes, you lost maybe a few gold, but I assure you you haven’t lost hundreds.

This is what we the 99% are trying to get at. If the only investment you made was time then many of us have paid that same price.

We didn’t make nearly the amount of money back, than we actually did making it. It cost more money to make the item, than it did selling the item.

So we still lost more money than we made in the end. Which is what we have been explaining the entire time, yet no one is listening and everyone is ignoring that fact.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

Except you’ll likely be spending hundreds of gold getting to 500 crafting levels- for all you know, it might have cost you more to get to 500 without getting any discovery xp than it will to get to use all these discoveries for xp purposes.

I don’t think anyone’s denying this is a stupid change- if low 400 xp was truly the issue, they could have just put in a new cloth/ore/wood that’d level you to 425 and then some simple insignias/gear to make to 475 before the costs really start to hurt.

But- they’re taking away a lot of effort from a lot of people- those who made celestial gear, those who got ascended celestials (I’ve not heard you can replace celestial with other stats, though if you can this would be a moot point), everyone needs to regear in a game which was first touted as not having stupid gear grinds (and ascended is a considerable upgrade).

But with the way they’re doing it- ultimately, not letting us redo discoveries would hurt way more people than it’d help.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Alex.3907

But with the way they’re doing it- ultimately, not letting us redo discoveries would hurt way more people than it’d help.

I agree that resetting exotic discoveries is great for the majority who never cared about collecting recipes! However, there were other potential options which wouldn’t have screwed over completionists quite as much — retroactively awarding xp, for example, or allowing us to get xp by crafting recipes already in our list (once, of course).

But that assumes they have the resources to devote to compensating the completionist minority. Perhaps we weren’t worth it. Fair enough. In that case, they could have at least warned us in plenty of time that there was a possibility our exotic recipes would be removed. A couple of months of knowing not to waste money on temporary recipes would have been really helpful.

(edited by Alex.3907)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

I really can’t comprehend what people’s problem is here. I’m failing to understand why in the world you would want to go discover every single recipe if you know for a fact that you know the recipe and can produce the weapon/armor/etc at any given time. He stated that he doesn’t care about the XP, then why go through all the trouble of doing it?

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Completionists are obsessed with having full lists, much like having the dinner fork perfectly straight on the table, or the window curtains closed up in uniform folds. There’s no “valid reason” for wanting things completed or made perfect, but they have a need to do so, thus it’s “their reason”. While Completionists have their own reason to complain, they are in the minority of whom this change will affect. I see this approach as the lesser of two evils. But allow me to explain why this actually HELPS Completionists.

Being a Completionist with an incomplete list is like having a horse race with no horse. So with the Crafting Levels being bumped to 500, these people will have the urge to fill the lists again. And as we all know, crafting with a discovered recipe gives far less Crafting XP than an undiscovered recipe. So if Anet did not make this change, Completionists would be compelled to spend a lot of extra money just to level from 400 to 500. Rare crafting does not give any XP once you reach lv 400, so that means only Exotic recipes will work. Imagine all the Ecto, Orichalcum, Ancient Logs, and T6 mats that would be needed to make this for three weapon disciplines (Weaponsmith, Huntsman, and Artificer). Then later in the year, new armor crafting will go through the same issues.

So while you have the right to complain that your lists will no longer be filled, please consider the fact that Anet did everyone a favor by resetting the discoveries.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

This thread has made one thing abundantly clear: 99% of the people using the word “unlock” have no idea what it means.

Here’s a hint: these level 400 exotic recipes are not “locked” and never were.

If you want to whine that you had a beautiful list proving that you had crafted one of each item, and after the patch you won’t, fair enough. Whine away. But don’t carry on as if you’ve “unlocked” something and now it is “locked” again.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I really can’t comprehend what people’s problem is here. I’m failing to understand why in the world you would want to go discover every single recipe if you know for a fact that you know the recipe and can produce the weapon/armor/etc at any given time. He stated that he doesn’t care about the XP, then why go through all the trouble of doing it?

If it’s not on my list, then I don’t know the recipe. If it’s on my list, then I know the recipe and I don’t have to worry about it. It’s as simple as that.

I don’t care about XP either. I do care about my crafting list being ripped away without my permission. I care about my gold and materials being wasted and not returned. I would rather have no crafting professions at all than to have my work, gold and materials negated at the whim of development team.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

If you had the gold to waste on something that pointless months ago, you definitely have more than enough to do it again.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

It is about completion-ism. I fall into this category as well. I’ve only completed cooking though. Except that kitten ed dragon star recipe I couldn’t get.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Chrisplosion.3756

Chrisplosion.3756

Imagine you spent 200g on gearing up your character. Then Anet shows up and removes all your gear cause of some new feature they are introducing to gear. And all they can say to you is “oh well, do it all again”. So now you’re out 200g for all that money and time spent gearing up your character, and you have to spend another 200g and time again just to gear your character back up. Does that seem fair to you?

Thats a completely different analogy. Gearing up your character servers a genuine purpose, discovering countless recipes you have no use for at the moment and will possible never have a use for serves no genuine purpose. All you are doing is fulfilling some pointless compulsive urge.

To see so much anguish over the most trivial thing brings me great joy to be honest.

Attachments:

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Kurogami.9210

Kurogami.9210

Hmm, maybe I am overlooking something, but I don’t really see where the problem is.

As a matter of fact, rediscovering exotic recipes makes reaching craftinglevel 500 cheaper.

Each time a new recipe is discovered, the player gets a 100-150% CXP boost, which means that one new discovery nets you the CXP for 2-2,5 normal craftings.

So, let’s say you are trying to get to 500 (and if you really are a completionist, you probably will ) rediscovering a recipe gives you the same CXP progress as if you were crafting 2-2,5 weapons that you have already discovered.

These are savings that pretty much compensate the loss of materials and gold you made.

(edited by Kurogami.9210)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

Why so many people trying to teach crafters how we should play?

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

@Chrisplosion You win the thread my friend.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Chrisplosion.3756

Why so many people trying to teach crafters how we should play?

Its not about trying to teach them how to play. It’s about teaching them that just because they chose to do something, doesn’t make them entitled to a refund/reimbursement.

@Chrisplosion You win the thread my friend.

/bow

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Markof.1879

Markof.1879

Lets try an other kind of analogy that every one might understand……

you have discovered all the 167 places in maguuma jungle for 25 achievement points .

now they add a new area into the maguuma region not a big one, something like the suncove area with 20 new points 17 of weach are easilly foundable on the map and 3 hidden ones, but one of those points is an old point that they just moved a little.

now to let all the players to get the 35 achievement points you get from discovering all those 187 points they decide to whipe clear your discoveries and let every one discover them again.

no one will loose anything since every point is rediscoverable, each achevement point can be earned again BUT those that took the extra efort and time to find all the original 167 points will be striped of the time they stent to unlock that achivement.

Or better yet lets say they whipe out all the jumping success but let the jumping there to be done again, exept that time you have to buy some objects in order to validate the jumping (no need for it to be gold, it can be karma, laurels, dungeon tokkens whatever) all those that want to compleet them again will have to do them again but pay extra for something they already had done.

even better let say that in order to be fairer with every one, since some people have not crafted yet they take all the craft back to 0 for everyone, like that we all need to craft again every single point to 500, perhaps farming or buying again those T1,T2 etc…. mats might give you an insight to what the Op feel robed of.

So you might not be harmed by the change but at leats you can try the little effort to understand what people are saying and then argue with them that you think that punishing dedicated players for completing content even without incitive and at the same time rewarding lazy less dedicated ones might hurt!

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Chrisplosion.3756

Again your analogy doesn’t fit the situation. I understand how you are feeling, you put time and money into completing a goal of yours only to have all your work erased. What I am saying is it doesn’t matter.

(edited by Chrisplosion.3756)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Does anyone really think that they are going to remove the ones that require a recipe? Come on, people. This is just a minor inconvenience at worst, and a way to level your weaponsmithing for everyone.

They stated they are removing all… so until told otherwise, we must assume they are screwing us over.

All DISCOVERIES. You didn’t discover recipes that you learned from a consumable. Therefore the only thing we will lose are basic exotics. Woopy do! They can all be relearned, including Giver’s. If you don’t have any snow flakes just wait until next Wintersday, or try to buy them.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Kal Spiro.9745

If it’s not on my list, then I don’t know the recipe. If it’s on my list, then I know the recipe and I don’t have to worry about it. It’s as simple as that.

I don’t care about XP either. I do care about my crafting list being ripped away without my permission. I care about my gold and materials being wasted and not returned. I would rather have no crafting professions at all than to have my work, gold and materials negated at the whim of development team.

If your gold and materials got wasted then that’s your own fault. If you were just making the gear to make it you should have been selling the gear too getting compensated for the materials you used. If you bought the materials and the sold the completed item for less, that’s your own fault.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Exotic Discovery's Reset

SpyderArachnid.5619

Again your analogy doesn’t fit the situation. I understand how you are feeling, you put time and money into completing a goal of yours only to have all your work erased. What I am saying is it doesn’t matter.

You have no idea how they feel, don’t act like you do. It’s obvious you don’t cause you are saying “It doesn’t matter”.

It doesn’t matter TO YOU. You are not losing everything you worked hard for. You are not losing all the gold, materials, and time spent. You are losing nothing. You have no idea what it feels like to lose everything you worked hard for and have to do it all over again.

We are losing money, materials, and time that we put into something that we enjoyed. It is how we play the game. You obviously will never understand that cause it doesn’t matter to you.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Morsus.5106

@Markof Your analogy doesn’t fit. Completing an area serves a purpose (map completion) but getting a full list doesn’t.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Kal Spiro.9745

You have no idea how they feel, don’t act like you do. It’s obvious you don’t cause you are saying “It doesn’t matter”.

It doesn’t matter TO YOU. You are not losing everything you worked hard for. You are not losing all the gold, materials, and time spent. You are losing nothing. You have no idea what it feels like to lose everything you worked hard for and have to do it all over again.

We are losing money, materials, and time that we put into something that we enjoyed. It is how we play the game. You obviously will never understand that cause it doesn’t matter to you.

They aren’t losing EVERYTHING either. They’re losing a handful of exotics.

But guess what! It’s alright. Would you like to know why? Because they would have had to make those recipes over again anyway in order to level up to 500. They have to level up to 500 too because their crazy OCD will require them to have all the Ascended recipes too. This will just allow them to get up to 500 faster because discovery is better for leveling than making orange recipes.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Chrisplosion.3756

But guess what! It’s alright. Would you like to know why? Because they would have had to make those recipes over again anyway in order to level up to 500. They have to level up to 500 too because their crazy OCD will require them to have all the Ascended recipes too. This will just allow them to get up to 500 faster because discovery is better for leveling than making orange recipes.

There is nothing in the game that compels them to do it. No rewards and no achievements. Nothing more than a mental pat on the shoulder.

Attachments:

Exotic Discovery's Reset

SpyderArachnid.5619

I’m just going to assume that you haven’t read anything in this thread and have no idea what is even going on. Cause from your post here, you seem very clueless.

We are not losing Exotics. Like has been stated over and over and over in this thread (something that you should know if you even bothered to find out what was going on in this thread), we are losing money, materials, and time. The items that we crafted don’t equal anywhere near the amount it cost to discover all those recipes. We still lost tons of gold and mats.

And you know what? This could of all been avoided if Anet would of just added new recipes or even retroactively rewarded experience for those that already completed them. But no. They took the lazy way out. They decided to just wipe everything and make us all do it again because they couldn’t be bothered to retroactively reward us the experience for what we already did or even bother to make new recipes.

Which in the process means, now we have nothing to show for any of the money, materials, and time we lost doing all that. It is basically like Anet just came in and took a bunch of our gold and materials for no purpose. And now we have to spend all that money again, all those materials again, and all that time again doing what we already did in the first place.

So while we are wasting double the money, double the mats, and double the time to get all this done again, everyone else is unaffected. And Anet doesn’t care that they are doing this to their players. They’d rather take the easy way out and screw over some of their players, instead of doing something that works for everyone.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Markof.1879

Markof.1879

My analogy totally fit the situation cause it’s not the goal that direct the action but the action it itself that we are talking about.

and yet again even if you still refuse to see the obvious by hidding behind the fact that they acheveved a goal that was not rewarded by any achevement points lets take a lokk at the situation of people that have not FULLY discovered all the exotic rrecipes but have found quite a lot of them ( why ? maybe because they need several diferent set of weapons, maybe because their guild mates need some too and diferent from those they needed for themself and so on), all in all we are talking of somone that has discovered abaout 40 exotic weapons wich is more or less what we will need to do to get to 500.

SO we have here someone that done something that is intended by the game, someone that spent time, mats and gold to acheve that and who is going to be striped of all his work AND forced to redo it all.

NOW imagine that that person was done crafting exotic (understandable since he already crafted all the exotic that he needed and any of his friend and guildies needed so far) and was saving his mats and gold for a legendary ….. KABOUM!!! now he has to spend those hard earned and saved mats and gold for…….. discovering weapons that he already knew so that person is going to be robed of his time, gold, mats and dream.

So, i dont know your situation, but if you cant understand that losing something whatever it is and whatever the reason why you worked for it is something hard to accept i really sugest you try working on your humanity.

Anet is all the time talking about reward and acomplishement here we are talking of a big punishment to people that have done nothing wrong (arguablly they even have done extra good work)

I hope people like the OP are numerous beacause i want to play a game for fun where you can do things because you want and like not because they give you something for it (i like rewards but i dont need a reward to do things) but we might be fools, the world might be populated only with scavengers and mercenaries that only inted to move if the reward is worth their efforts; who knows, doing things for the shear pleasure of doing them without expecting any reward might be the sign of incoming insanity ?

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Alex.3907

The trouble with the “you’ll have to rediscover them all again anyway” argument is that it fails to acknowledge the gold spent on discovering them the first time around: if we had known in advance that those recipes would get removed, many of us would have waited until this update to spend that gold on discovery, and there would be no problem.

Also: people who enjoy different activities than you do are not stupid or whiny or mentally ill or in any way inferior to you. Why is this a difficult concept to comprehend?

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Morsus.5106

@Alex it’s not hard to understand. It’s just if we pretend they are, it’s easier to get made at ’em (for whining about their OCD getting messed up)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

No, people are losing intangible recipes out of their precious list of intangible recipes. Recipes they HAVE to make again anyway. This is the point. In order to get to 500, which they have to because they’re crazy and obsessive, they have to make exotics. So better to get there through discovery anyway.

People have to make them again because Anet reset the crafting of exotics in the first place, for “sweet XP”. Horse apples.

What you and others will not acknowledge is, it was going to cost us 4-5 gold to re-make every one of those exotics, at the price the mats were when they announced this fubar.
Now it will cost 6-8 gold to make them again and that is the problem.

I have every craft maxed, I really don’t how many exotic weapons I can craft,( all of them) but I know it will cost more to craft them AGAIN than it did to level to 400 in the first place. List completion be kitten ed, Anet just took at least 100 gold from each from a lot of players, but they did give us some SWEET XP.
I did not need xp, did not want xp and have no use for duplicate exotic weapons. Yeah, there is some crazy in this thread, no doubt about it.

If Anet thinks it is simple to just put the mats together and make the weapon, then they should have no problem giving me the mats to do it with.
I think we all can see why they flooded the game with loot, because they had a giant gold sink built into this patch.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Kal Spiro.9745

@Sykper.6583

I sold a few exotics on the trading post, for a substantial loss, but I salvaged most of the exotics for the materials to make new discoveries. I lost well over 200g for those discoveries. In this game, that is no small sum.

Sorry, but that was your choice, and a poor choice at that. It isn’t ANet’s fault that you decided to play that way, and it isn’t ANets responsibility to appease, nor compensate you for having played that way.

No, people are losing intangible recipes out of their precious list of intangible recipes. Recipes they HAVE to make again anyway. This is the point. In order to get to 500, which they have to because they’re crazy and obsessive, they have to make exotics. So better to get there through discovery anyway.

People have to make them again because Anet reset the crafting of exotics in the first place, for “sweet XP”. Horse apples.

No no no. Exotics they would have had to make anyway, reset or not, in order to level up to 500 to make the Ascended that are now missing from their list which they have to refill.

Don’t try to misrepresent the situation. They upped the crafting level. That means things need to be crafted to reach the new level. Whether they make them from the list they have, or they relearn them and refill the list, they still need to make them to reach the new level.

The trouble with the “you’ll have to rediscover them all again anyway” argument is that it fails to acknowledge the gold spent on discovering them the first time around: if we had known in advance that those recipes would get removed, many of us would have waited until this update to spend that gold on discovery, and there would be no problem.

Also: people who enjoy different activities than you do are not stupid or whiny or mentally ill or in any way inferior to you. Why is this a difficult concept to comprehend?

I didn’t spend any gold. I harvested nodes, salvaged rares from drops and acquired fine mats from a variety of places. It cost me nothing and as such was only profit. You just chose a faster, but ultimately poorer path.

You’re last part is true, but: People who take actions that aren’t ideal, despite knowing the alternatives could be considered stupid. People who complain to others about the actions they took, despite knowing the alternatives could be considered whiny. And people who only took those actions because they can’t be satisfied without having a completed list, regardless of the significance of that list would probably be considered OCD. OCD being something of a mental illness.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Wrei Mors Les.8406

Wrei Mors Les.8406

Crafting to me is as a means to be able to create an item. Maximising the level 400 of progression means further ‘discoveries’ does not benefit my craftsmanship other than producing an item of optimal quality. The reward is in the item produced. GW2 does not reward me for having complete a craft list.

Unfortunately, some do not accept this reality. They spend, fill their list, and glorifying it as though it must be filled for some imaginery sense of achievement (since GW2 won’t do it for them). Now with the new crafting cap, exotic discovery is actually meaningful progressively. In an alternate universe, Anet lets completionist keep their list. Now the completionists complain that they are owed crafting progression for their discoveries where as Anet replies:
“Bugger off. You are not entitled to additional rewards to an updated system having being fully aware of the end results of the old system and completed that task at your own discretion. Nor does the trading post owe you 8s for the ecto you sold 6months ago just because it now worth more.”

Well, this reality doesn’t sound so bad I guess.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: John Kemp.2736

John Kemp.2736

just looking at the crap they are taking from us with out a retroactive is a kitten move, its already gated they shouldn’t be greedy like that. I think the devs really need to think about what they do and not just be kittens. in saying that…calling them kittens is the nicest I can be right now.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Tigera.2916

Tigera.2916

Very quick question… is the amount spent prior to this update on discovering all the recipes going to be more, less, or the same as it would cost to level each of the crafting skill to 500 without the discovery bonus?

I mean, we’re talking about 300% extra xp with a discovery, so that’s 4 times as many to grind out without that bonus… so just how much more would it cost to grind up without the bonus, and would those complaining about how much they spent already have complained about the massive amount extra they would have had to spend if they weren’t getting the bonus?

I know very well that I would… losing my list is small potatoes to the amount it would cost in extra grinding…

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: John Kemp.2736

John Kemp.2736

Alot of you are not getting what most of have been talking about so lets get this straight.
When We say recipes we are losing WE ARE NOT talking about what the devs posted about. WE know the recipes for incriptions will not be reset. What your not getting is. We have already combined Inscription + Part 1 + Part 2 and discovered for them all for all the inscriptions. And to give even more Sence of what ArenaNet is ripping from us. Heres the example count of Mats and need to get back to what we was previously at for huntsman that they will stealing from us.

Huntsman
9 Incriptions types have to crafted again.
5 dowels x 9 inscriptions x 7 weapons = 315 dowels needed again
5 × 9 × 7 = 315 Ectos
5 × 7 for each teir 6 mat = 35 fangs , powerfulboods, etc
10 × 7 Flawless Snowflakes = 70 Snowflakes
30 × 7 Karka Shells = 210 Shells

Dowels
315 × 3 ingots = 945 ori ingots
315 × 2 planks = 630 Anceint planks

Craft Comp. 10 Inscriptions need this 11 if you crafted celes
Harpoon| 2 ingots 2 planks x 10 Inscriptions = 20 ingots 20 planks
Longow Stave | 4 planks x 10 = 40 planks
Pistol Frame | 2 planks x 10 = 20 planks
Rifle Stock | 3 planks x 2(2 weapons Require this Comp) x 10 = 60 planks
Shortbow Stave | 4 planks x 10 = 40 planks
Torch handle | 2 × 10 = 20 planks
Harden String | 3 × 2(2 weapons Require) x 10 = 60 Cured Hardened Leather Squares
Ori Horn | 1 ingot 2 planks x 10 = 10 ingots 20 planks
Ori Pistal Barrel | 3 ingots x 10 = 30 ingots
Ori Rifle Barrel | 3 ingots x 10 = 30 ingots
Ori Torch Head | 2 ingots x 10 = 20 ingots
Ori Warhorn Mouthpeice | 1 ingot x 10 ingots

Replacement of the 7 Sentinels Inscriptions I used already from the Molten Dungeon
7 × 14g(yesterday they where 18g wth) = 98-99g and There is only 208 left on the Tradepost

Totals for huntsman (forgive me if my maths wrong this news has me very upset)
1065 ingots x 2 ore = 2130 ore
850 planks x 3 logs = 2550 logs
100g for sentinals inscriptions
315 ectos
70 snowflakes
210 karka shells
35 of each teir 6 mat (Powerfull bloods, Ancient Bones,Elaborate Totem, Vicious Claw,Armored Scale,Powerfull Venom Sacs,,Vicious Fangs)

This Is what they will be ripping from my Huntsmans Crafting The time it took to gather the mats and buy any mats i still needed. mostly ectos and ori. The time spent on getting the Sentinals Incriptions in Molten Dungeon.

My weaponsmith I got done the same way before the Chaos update. Should I elaborate those totals too? Weaponsmith has 8 weapons instead of 7 so it be even more cost.

You few that can see there reason for a reset what reason is that? The new stuff being added is time based so regardless of if im 500 now or not makes no impact. Secondly you really think after the reset the rich isn’t going to climb there way to the top to do ascended crafting on the very first day of the patch release?
“But Hey I’ve already done all this and now i have to do all over again” This is what i worked hard for pretty much this first Year of Guild wars 2 to do, Since I first started crafting. and now they making me spend the next year DOING IT AGAIN. I can only see the reset as hurting everyone not helping and I see no other reason not to see it this way.

Call me crying or what ever you want. but this is a huge kick in the gut for me. Something i may end up never recovering from its what i worked hard from the very day i crafted to do Is to unlock the all items on the discovery page that was my thrill, My accomplishment in crafting not the xp gain or the level up but to discover everything. And now saying I’m gonna have to do that all over again after allowing me from headstart to do in the firstplace WTF.

And don’t forget its not just 2 of my professions that are being reset. If there going to reset all the exotic weapons What do you think going to happen when they roll out ascended armor my other 2 craft professions will get hit too Even worse for the ones that has this done for all the professions Something of which I was still working to do. this might no big deal to the ones that stopped @ 400 but this is a game killer for the ones that went past it and unlocked everything. The way i feel right now is Arenanet is reaching into my chest and pulling out my Heart with this reset. Its not a great feeling to have.
So please Arenanet don’t reset the exotic discovery’s give some sorta of retroactive reward for the exp thru discovering them all(or some of them) already instead.

Most valid reason ever to hate on them. Make every Dev read this and then maybe maybe they will understand the error of their ways. If not maybe they could be human and/or learn math.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Kal Spiro.9745

@Markoff Your new analogy also doesn’t make sense either. You’re talking about someone who isn’t a completionist, he’s just a good guy helping his guild. If he’s going for a legendary, and he’s already made all the exotics he and his guild needs, why would he turn around and spend his mats on leveling up to make ascended? He’s make a legendary which is already as good as any ascended weapon he could make. It serves him no purpose to do that, and so he wouldn’t.

The only people who are hurt by this are the people who spent exorbitant amounts of gold then didn’t even attempt to make it back after they finished the gear. And honestly, too bad for them.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

@Sykper.6583

Sorry, but that was your choice, and a poor choice at that. It isn’t ANet’s fault that you decided to play that way, and it isn’t ANets responsibility to appease, nor compensate you for having played that way.

No no no. Exotics they would have had to make anyway, reset or not, in order to level up to 500 to make the Ascended that are now missing from their list which they have to refill.

Don’t try to misrepresent the situation. They upped the crafting level. That means things need to be crafted to reach the new level. Whether they make them from the list they have, or they relearn them and refill the list, they still need to make them to reach the new level.

No No No, don’t you misrepresent the situation. Circular reasoning is not reasoning.
Exotics would not have had to be re-made if it were not for Anet making it so.
They could have left crafting exactly like it was and people could have leveled it exactly like they always did.

THE problem is the amount of gold it will cost just to make something we already have made and wouldn’t make again unless we decided one of our toons needed the weapon, our choice, our decision, our gold, speaking of which, I wonder how many hundreds of it it will cost to make one new weapon.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: errebi.7630

errebi.7630

Crafting to me is as a means to be able to create an item. Maximising the level 400 of progression means further ‘discoveries’ does not benefit my craftsmanship other than producing an item of optimal quality. The reward is in the item produced. GW2 does not reward me for having complete a craft list.

Unfortunately, some do not accept this reality. They spend, fill their list, and glorifying it as though it must be filled for some imaginery sense of achievement (since GW2 won’t do it for them). Now with the new crafting cap, exotic discovery is actually meaningful progressively. In an alternate universe, Anet lets completionist keep their list. Now the completionists complain that they are owed crafting progression for their discoveries where as Anet replies:
“Bugger off. You are not entitled to additional rewards to an updated system having being fully aware of the end results of the old system and completed that task at your own discretion. Nor does the trading post owe you 8s for the ecto you sold 6months ago just because it now worth more.”

What devs are stating is that their effort is worthless probably because it is not linked to any achievement. The crafting completionists did it because they like to do it, and as most of the things you do for your own fun, not only is not awarded but be penalized with the loss of time and money…does it sound good or not so bad?

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Kal Spiro.9745

just looking at the crap they are taking from us with out a retroactive is a kitten move, its already gated they shouldn’t be greedy like that. I think the devs really need to think about what they do and not just be kittens. in saying that…calling them kittens is the nicest I can be right now.

What are they taking from you? If you discovered the recipe already, then you still have the ability to discover it again, immediately. This time, however, you will actually get a return on your investment beyond just an item to sell or use.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Kal Spiro.9745

What devs are stating is that their effort is worthless probably because it is not linked to any achievement. The crafting completionists did it because they like to do it, and as most of the things you do for your own fun, not only is not awarded but be penalized with the loss of time and money…does it sound good or not so bad?

Clearly they do NOT like to do it. If they liked to do it they wouldn’t be so mad about this because it would be a chance to do it all over again. I can’t say how much I wish some achievements, actual achievements, were character bound so I could have the satisfaction of completing them all over again.

This is not people doing what they like. This is people being compelled to do something they don’t like in order to get an arbitrary sense of accomplishment, and satisfaction at having filled a list.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Kal Spiro.9745

@Sykper.6583

No No No, don’t you misrepresent the situation. Circular reasoning is not reasoning.
Exotics would not have had to be re-made if it were not for Anet making it so.
They could have left crafting exactly like it was and people could have leveled it exactly like they always did.

THE problem is the amount of gold it will cost just to make something we already have made and wouldn’t make again unless we decided one of our toons needed the weapon, our choice, our decision, our gold, speaking of which, I wonder how many hundreds of it it will cost to make one new weapon.

I’m sorry, perhaps we’re not all on the same page as to how crafting works. At level 400, and ONLY level 400, you gain the ability to make exotics. That is also the only thing you CAN make at 400.

Therefore, in order to level from 400 to 500 you HAVE to make exotics. There is no choice in the matter, what so ever. But wait, there’s more. As anyone who regularly crafts knows, the best way to level the craft is through discoveries. You level significantly more by discovering a recipe than you do by making one you already know.

So because the cap was raised, they are doing crafters, real crafters not those who are only in it to fill out a list, a favor by allowing them to rediscover recipes that originally gave them nothing. Now, since they would have to make them anyway, would HAVE to in order to level because that’s how crafting works, they can rediscover them gaining much more crafting xp then they would have just making them out of their list.

This is only hurting an insignificant subset of people who are only being hurt for individually imposed nonsense.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

SpyderArachnid.5619

Clearly they do NOT like to do it. If they liked to do it they wouldn’t be so mad about this because it would be a chance to do it all over again. I can’t say how much I wish some achievements, actual achievements, were character bound so I could have the satisfaction of completing them all over again.

This is not people doing what they like. This is people being compelled to do something they don’t like in order to get an arbitrary sense of accomplishment, and satisfaction at having filled a list.

And now you prove you have no idea what you are even talking about. You don’t understand anything that is going on and you have no idea what it is like to be in our shoes.

We DO like this. That is why we do it. If we didn’t like it, we wouldn’t do it. We do it for our own personal accomplishments. From your posts, I’m assuming you have never done anything for your own personal enjoyment, and instead, only do things if you are getting rewarded for it. So you obviously have no idea what it is like to lose all your hard work that you did and have to do it all over again.

The fact that we like to do it, doesn’t mean that we don’t care if we lose all our hard work, money, materials, and time spent doing it. I don’t know where you got that idea from, but it is completely wrong.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

errebi.7630

Now please tell me you have a qualification to talk about the mental status or the motivation because other people do something, because your posts are utterly offensive towards people who like to do things you don’t like to do ( crafting completionism as for you it is not rewarding or it doesn’t make you earn any achievement point after 400 or the crafted items are not worth to sell at the tp). Are you entitled to judge them?

(edited by errebi.7630)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Kal Spiro.9745

And now you prove you have no idea what you are even talking about. You don’t understand anything that is going on and you have no idea what it is like to be in our shoes.

We DO like this. That is why we do it. If we didn’t like it, we wouldn’t do it. We do it for our own personal accomplishments. From your posts, I’m assuming you have never done anything for your own personal enjoyment, and instead, only do things if you are getting rewarded for it. So you obviously have no idea what it is like to lose all your hard work that you did and have to do it all over again.

The fact that we like to do it, doesn’t mean that we don’t care if we lose all our hard work, money, materials, and time spent doing it. I don’t know where you got that idea from, but it is completely wrong.

If you came out of this “endeavor” at a lose, that was your fault and no one else’s. At the very least you should have made back the gold necessary to remake them. If you didn’t, too bad. It’s your problem. What I do for my own personal enjoyment is not fill lists, I do things that are fun because they are fun. Getting to do them over and over is the indication that they ARE fun, because I do them over and over.

I am a crafter in so far as I make what I need and little else. I’m more of a horder, so I don’t need to buy mats, ever. I don’t enjoy filling lists because, especially in this game, it’s something you can only do once. Once your list is full it’s full forever, and that’s no fun.

If crafting was something you enjoyed, that would be one thing, but then you would continue to make those things even after your list was filled, such that getting to fill the list all over again would be a thing to bring you joy. Since you obvious loth the necessity of having to refill this list it is obviously not something that brings you joy. It is NOT something you like to do. It is something you are compelled to do and until it is done you are discontent. Being appeased is not the same thing as feeling joy. Sorry.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Kal Spiro.9745

Finally, this sentence: “People who complain to others about the actions they took, despite knowing the alternatives could be considered whiny” is irrelevant, since nobody knew until a few days ago that exotic recipes would be removed. The entire reason completionists are annoyed right now is because we weren’t fully informed!

Well actually, the whining I’m reading is about the people complaining that they spent so much gold on mats and then didn’t make that money back. That’s what I was talking about. But alright. When would you like to have been informed? It has been at least 8 months since Ascended gear became a thing. In that time they stated quite clearly that Ascended items would continue.

Since this game is heavily gear dependent AND crafting is built right alongside gear drops it should have seemed at least plausible that they could add Ascended gear to the crafting system. It should also, at that time seemed likely that if they did that it would need to be a new tier. If you’re a crafter then you would know how that’s done.

Besides not having the compulsion you do to fill out an arbitrary list, the main reason I only made the gear I specifically wanted/needed was because you gained no benefit from discovering 400 level gear. I didn’t want to waste those discoveries incase they raised the level and I now needed the xp. As it turns out my worries were unfounded because they’re taking them back anyway.

It’s not ANet’s fault you didn’t think along similar lines.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Alex.3907

Lol, are you really suggesting that it’s my own fault for failing to predict that exotic recipes would get removed? I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable for anyone to have failed to see that coming. I expected new recipes, not the resetting of existing ones!

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Wrei Mors Les.8406

Now please tell me you have a qualification to talk about the mental status of others, because your posts are utterly offensive towards people who like to do things you don’t like to do (completionism). Are you entitled to judge them?

As subjective as that was, it wasn’t without merit. Completionist did a relatively expensive (but simple) task at their own discretion fully aware there is no advantage or recognition. To everyone else that task was impractical. Now that the task is rewarding, Anet has allowed completionist to repeat task and earn the same reward under the new system rather than exclude them for completing the task under the old system. Instead of being grateful, completionist wails at Anet as though they had no longer an incentive to repeat the task (and gain said reward) even though they clearly would repeat said tasks (at a more cost efficient pace) in finishing their ‘completion’ under the new system.

How would an outside observer think of the completionist in this instance?
Personally I think them to be shortsighted and wasteful (relative to the non-rewarding list). Completionist won’t admit it but they are better off financially in their craft progression remaking their list than following their already made list.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Kal Spiro.9745

Lol, are you really suggesting that it’s my own fault for failing to predict that exotic recipes would get removed? I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable for anyone to have failed to see that coming. I expected new recipes, not the resetting of existing ones!

Obviously not, I didn’t expect that either. It was your fault for not expecting them to raise the max crafting level, and what the consequences of that would be. Removing the discovered exotics is a gift, not a punishment, and it’s not their fault that some people see it differently, nor what those people did or went through to fill their lists.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Alex.3907

Obviously not, I didn’t expect that either. It was your fault for not expecting them to raise the max crafting level, and what the consequences of that would be. Removing the discovered exotics is a gift, not a punishment, and it’s not their fault that some people see it differently, nor what those people did or went through to fill their lists.

What makes you think I didn’t expect them to raise the max crafting level? I made the decision to risk discovering exotics based on the information that the crafting level would go up and nothing else. I’m annoyed because the true situation turned out to be quite different, and I would have made a different decision had I had that extra information.

(edited by Alex.3907)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

errebi.7630

Now please tell me you have a qualification to talk about the mental status of others, because your posts are utterly offensive towards people who like to do things you don’t like to do (completionism). Are you entitled to judge them?

As subjective as that was, it wasn’t without merit. Completionist did a relatively expensive (but simple) task at their own discretion fully aware there is no advantage or recognition. To everyone else that task was impractical. Now that the task is rewarding, Anet has allowed completionist to repeat task and earn the same reward under the new system rather than exclude them for completing the task under the old system. Instead of being grateful, completionist wails at Anet as though they had no longer an incentive to repeat the task (and gain said reward) even though they clearly would repeat said tasks (at a more cost efficient pace) in finishing their ‘completion’ under the new system.

How would an outside observer think of the completionist in this instance?
Personally I think them to be shortsighted and wasteful (relative to the non-rewarding list). Completionist won’t admit it but they are better off financially in their craft progression remaking their list than following their already made list.

i will try with an analogy: you are following a to-do list, you complete it, then someone comes in telling you: oups sorry, all the tasks you have done have been erased, you have to do them (exactly the same) again, but there is a little bonus to compensate you for the time/money spent.
would you be happy or would you complain?

edited because of my bad english, sorry
edit 2: @ Wrei Mors Les.8406 this is the little bonus, but they have thrown weeks/months of players efforts down the drain

(edited by errebi.7630)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Wrei Mors Les.8406

i will try to make an analogy: you followed a to-do list for a month and completed it, then someone comes in and tells you: oups sorry, all the tasks you completed are erased (and not for new ones), you have to do all of them again, but there is a little bonus ( so you won’t complain too much).
would you be happy or a bit upset?

Sure, if you omit the part where the task is now being rewarded when it was worth nothing before (and only done at users own discretion regardless).