Delete character farming

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

@Fyrebrand. THANK YOU. You “got” what I was trying to say.

Defrost: “ANY NEWLY CREATED CHARACTER HAS TO WAIT 24 HOURS, before accessing the SAB.”

I’m for this idea, even if it’s a slippery slope.

I’m not sure how this could end up a slippery slope.

However, creating a character you never intended to keep just so you can delete it as soon as you finish this one activity kind of crosses the line into scummy, unsporting “meta-game” manipulation.

E~X~A~C~T~L~Y

…but I do think ArenaNet should make an effort to discourage nonsense like that…
…but behaviours that play the system rather than play the game

Exactly. Currently they are promoting abnormal behaviour, with the potential for botting. A 24 hour wait period to access the SAB, for newly created characters is an easy, elegant solution.

And to address the ability to delete character farm Black Lion Keys…
1) Yes, I know that Anet has specifically come out and said that doing this is not an exploit.
2) But Anet were complete short-sighted “geniuses” to make that a reward for completing your level 10 Personal Story.
3) It should be immediately be moved to AT LEAST a level 20 P.Story reward, to slow down those people who do farm them. At least make it take longer than the current 45-60 minutes it takes to get a BL Key. If it were moved to a level 20 P.Story reward, the player would have to level their character higher than level 5-6 AND would have to travel across a larger portion of the map to get the key.

1. tell me why do you want to make life harder for people? (Especially regarding BL keys)
2. If you notice bots in PVE can’t separate enemies from bosses and don’t jump. What will they farm? Infantile mode?

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I don’t get it why is this an issue? It sounds incredibly boring to do and to be honest if people actually want to do it then as long as they aren’t making bots for it I say let em. How exactly would it negatively effect anyone else?

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

“Any newly created character has to wait 24 hours, before accessing the SAB.”

Simple. Elegant. Solution.

And modest too.

An “elegant” solution is ordinarily one that addresses the supposed problem without collateral effects. You know that SAB has actually been getting a lot of attention from onlookers, right? There are probably people buying the game just for SAB and your solution would arbitrarily prohibit them from jumping into the content that they explicitly purchased the game for.

One possible solution here is to remove the daily limit on these chests since Anet apparently doesn’t care about the farming anyway. Why is it even there?

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

And modest too.

An “elegant” solution is ordinarily one that addresses the supposed problem without collateral effects. You know that SAB has actually been getting a lot of attention from onlookers, right? There are probably people buying the game just for SAB and your solution would arbitrarily prohibit them from jumping into the content that they explicitly purchased the game for.

One possible solution here is to remove the daily limit on these chests since Anet apparently doesn’t care about the farming anyway. Why is it even there?

+1, if it isn’t an issue according to the devs response, just remove the daily limit.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Who cares? Oh no, they can make a bit of money. They’d be making more in CoF.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: poipo.9580

poipo.9580

I’m delete character farming, and in over 12 hours of it I got 1 staff (which I kept), which was worth 11 gold at the time I dropped it, I also got loads of bubbles which I used to purchase all the skins available. If I wanted to make a profit from farming I’d go straight back to Orr and get 3-4g an hour, and the chance at some exotics. I don’t get why it bothers all of you that people can do an activity that doesn’t yield any amount of gold more important than normal play but gives you skins and other account bound items.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t see the problem with people farming it in such a way. I mean, on a personal level I think its silly to create a character just to farm and delete, but whatever. Their time, if they want to spend it endlessly delete-farming then so be it.

Aside from the small chance of skin drops from the chests, nothing acquired by farming benefits the people doing it aside from being able to get a few neat looking skins for personal use. Its not like its breaking the economy in two or getting these people crazy rich in no time at all, in fact the benefits are very poor for anything more than getting the skins themselves for your own use. I suppose one could argue that the skins are getting too “common” because people are farming baubles so everyone has them (in fact I’ve seen that complaint in-game), but I’ve never put much stock in that sort of complaint. So what if everyone has a skin? The skin is suddenly worse just because its widely available? Don’t buy it.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

of course zoning out to trade the baubles for a bubble and then zoning in is a possibility. but we still look at a huge amount of baubles in a narrow time span – half an hour for 14 baubles? A quick run takes about 14 minutes excluding rapids, and then you still have to collect 1750 baubles while the run mustn´t exceed 30 minutes. I´d like to know how that can be possible – certainly not this way. thats why i´d like to hae some intel from Giles.

I find it funny how skeptical you are, I’ve already explained that I get 500 baubles on both zone 2 and 3, and another 500 on zone 1 of both worlds combined. It’s not difficult to look on dulfy.net for the digging locations and if you’re still confused there is a guide to get 6000 baubles an hour on this forum, that’s 24 bauble bubbles and all you’d need to do differently to make it 26 baubles is kill the boss regularly instead of on infantile mode, just once. That’s also on one character. It’s quicker on two because you can get 2 baubles from each chest.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

This does feel like a small problem. You could raise the level cap but I think that would only favor the people with a large amount of alts like me. I run it with 9 characters for 36 bubbles a day. This can be done very casually and it equals 2 skins every 3 days. That seems a little too easy to me.

What should be done, and I think they have already mentioned it, is to have a different system for the reward. I mean you shouldn’t be rewarded for blindly running a path. There is no skill involved in that at all. If a player wants to farm bubbles, they should have to really earn it.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Nothing wrong with this behavior. If this is how people want to spend their time, fine. Many players also farm BLC-Keys by rerolling toons to lvl-10 storyline. Again, if this is what they want to dedicate a character slot to and their time, so be it.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

I only played SAB once. What’s the problem with people creating and delete toons to just farm baubles bubbles ?

Just trying to understand your concerns. imo, as long as that player does not bother you “directly” then I don’t quite understand your concern.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t really have an issue with it. While delete farming is obviously circumventing the ideal way the SAB was meant to be run (if there wasn’t there wouldn’t be a daily limit on the zone chests), all of the rewards purchasable with Bubbles are Account Bound, so it doesn’t really affect the market. Fundamentally, delete farming is no different from someone with multiple alts farming the SAB on all of his characters, and I think stopping someone from gaining rewards to gear up his alts with Super skins would be in very poor taste. Us altoholics get the short end of the stick more often than not as it is. :P

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Farming SAB for skins isn’t even worth it. I can buy 3 skins a day easily by farming CoF.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

is there an official reply to this already or not?

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Orion the Cursed.1206

Why is there a need for an official reply? Skins cant be sold and its a waste of time to farm them. Its not a race.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Farming SAB for skins isn’t even worth it. I can buy 3 skins a day easily by farming CoF.

I would advise people not to get too comfortable with this method of gold acquisition. You can be certain that ANet is aware that CoF Path 1 is too easily farmed and they will be taking steps to nerf/block it in the future.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Orion the Cursed.1206

I would advise people not to get too comfortable with this method of gold acquisition. You can be certain that ANet is aware that CoF Path 1 is too easily farmed and they will be taking steps to nerf/block it in the future.

I have been telling the devs to do something about it since January. If they wont listen, i plan to get as much people possible to farm to force their hand. Better sooner than later right?

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

To this specific issue: no

But there was an official answer to the BL key delete character farming… And there ANet stated, that it’s not an exploit and won’t be punished in any way, for it’s people’s choice what they do with their time, and they could use their time much more efficiently elsewhere…

Considering the droprate of the tradeable skins (1/50) I somehow fail to see the big difference between SAB and BL key delete character farming. Apart from the skins there are only account bound items you can get. And to get those, you have to put time and effort in SAB runs. Time that would be better spent in farming Orichalcum, Karma and Exp in Orr, or doing anything else…

I only farm SAB with my 5 existing characters and only if I feel like it (some of them are still lvl 2 due to the fact I created them for PvP only – learning other class mechanics in order to defeat them). That’s more than enough wasted time. However I would never think of trying to forbid others to spend their whole ingame time in the SAB if they feel like it. It’s not that they have any advantage, for I could do the same but I don’t.

Same for any other dungeon you can farm. Invested time = gain. No invested time = none.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Maybe if they didn’t make everything such a nightmare to get, with stupid drop rates etc, players wouldn’t need alts or speed farming…

But i guess that’s to simple a fix right..

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Orion the Cursed.1206

Maybe if they didn’t make everything such a nightmare to get, with stupid drop rates etc, players wouldn’t need alts or speed farming…

Everything in this game is very easy to get in comparison to other MMOs. People just need to stop comparing themselves to what others have.

But i guess that’s imposible to fix, right?

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Everything in this game is very easy to get in comparison to other MMOs. People just need to stop comparing themselves to what others have.

I’ve played multiple MMO’s that weren’t as grindy to get better stuff in the games, and even some insanely grindy ones you knew you’d get the drops, here its not the case at all..

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Orion the Cursed.1206

I’ve played multiple MMO’s that weren’t as grindy to get better stuff in the games, and even some insanely grindy ones you knew you’d get the drops, here its not the case at all..

Name them. Dont forget you have to beat, “i can always get an end game great sword (BiS) in 30 mins.” 50 baub baub takes 3 days with one character.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Frosti.4856

Frosti.4856

Dude seriously, chill out. It doesnt defeat the purpose, its a fun game meant to be fun not a challenge, everyone should be able to farm the skins easily enough

Frozdí 80 – Ranger Rainbows from my Bow? I Think So
Frózdí 80 – Thief IF you DARE be AWARE

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

And modest too.

The better solution would be to limit the chest not to one per character per day, but one per character SLOT per day.

Alt deleting would do nothing for a player in terms of chest farming, but if a person actually cashed out and got more character slots, then fair enough, take the additional chests.

I believe this would fix and alt deleting problem, SAB or otherwise.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

The better solution would be to limit the chest not to one per character per day, but one per character SLOT per day.

Alt deleting would do nothing for a player in terms of chest farming, but if a person actually cashed out and got more character slots, then fair enough, take the additional chests.

I believe this would fix and alt deleting problem, SAB or otherwise.

I was going to suggest this myself, but I wanted to make sure it hadn’t been suggested yet. Too bad I had to read 2 pages of posts before someone made a slight modification to the original suggestion that would solve the issue of “delete farming” while still allowing new players to access the content right away.

I think this would be a really good solution to the “issue” as it would still keep the sell-able skins rare, it would allow players with multiple alts to get more chances at the chests, would allow new players to access the content immediately, and would still give players a viable way to “farm” for the skins they want (through baubles….not bubbles) for themselves without flooding the market with the sell-able ones.

I don’t think ArenaNet intended for delete farming to be a viable way to increase your chances at the rare skins. If they had, they would allow you to run it as many times as you’d like on 1 character without having to delete farm and would not have implemented the “once per character per day” rule.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t think ArenaNet intended for delete farming to be a viable way to increase your chances at the rare skins. If they had, they would allow you to run it as many times as you’d like on 1 character without having to delete farm and would not have implemented the “once per character per day” rule.

This. ^

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

2) This is giving them an unfair advantage to get the weapons skins that you can SELL on the Trading Post.

Advantage over whom? Everyone and anyone can do this. Don’t say “what about people without a free character slot?” because those can be bought with gems. And gem items are always cosmetic and don’t give a playable advantage. Gems to character slot to extra runs to non-guaranteed drops to TP to gold…..or just gems to gold. The fact that you can already turn gems to gold (albeit at a terrible return rate) nullifies that argument. But these super weapons are only skins, not weapons with stats.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: SNAFU.2073

SNAFU.2073

I guess I’m just curious as to why it bothers those who don’t like it? GW2 is about accessibility, you now have a way of getting every skin you desire whether drop from chest or just grinding it out, no matter how you do it, you are given that option. There’s going to be those players that can’t play everyday, if they only had a few days to play for the whole month, they could grind the hell out of it and get those skins. It was a smart choice.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

SNAFU.2073

If anything I would just like to see more encouragement of including a full party and a reason to, Vs. being able to just solo it.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

SNAFU.2073

But keeping the ability to solo if you want.*

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I merely pity people who spend all their time creating and deleting characters to farm the same two areas over and over and over again.

All this realistically should do to the market is making the skins cheaper, btw., seeing as the supply should rise. I am wondering why they are getting more expensive instead…although I was kind of happy to gain 30 gold by having a lucky drop in the SAB last night (note that I only do one or two runs on one character each day).

Polka will never die

(edited by Frotee.2634)

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Niko Gulin.2187

Niko Gulin.2187

STOP THE FARMERS!!!
Hint1: u can kill King Toad in less then a minute with bombs
Hint2: u can jump further by pressing SPACE+V but remember to hold “W” to jump forward or else u are going down (this is needed for some hidden spots in SAB)

i sold greatsword skin from chest for 16g…i belive its 2% drop chance or something like that….its up to u if u are willing to farm skins for gold or just make a regular run on each of your character per day or atleast with one of them.

BTW every game has korean farmers who is busting their balls for 5$ per day to earn gold or level characters for rich MOFO’s out there in the rest of the world (no offense ).But the rest of the ppl who are playing this game coz they dont have anything better to do but to farm…………..well TBH thats up to them..we cant ask any1 to stop farmers from farming just coz they earn more gold than us…lets all be honest here, we can all go on “farming fest 2013” whole day and how would that look?lets put it simple, if some1 wants gold he would go farming or w/e but we cant be mad at them just coz they are gold kittens……in this case SAB kitten.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Niko Gulin.2187

Niko Gulin.2187

it wont allow me to write kitten….lol…“kittens”…….lol

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Giles Marchand: 1) I’m aware that there are 420 baubles in Zone 2 from digging. But I think it would still take longer to get all (or most of those 420 baubles), to get 1,000 than to farm the bosses.

Zone 2 you can get around 200 baubles in under 2 minutes from the start and then reset. the time spent zoning in and out then waiting for moto to finish yappin is almost as long as the time spent runing the dig spots. Yes you can get more by hiting all the spots but a few of the spots are obnoxious to get to and those 4-5 right inside are super easy.

Delete character farming

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

I’ve gotten the Shield and Sword skins just from farming Baubles. I’m not interested in the rest of the SAB. I did up to zone 3, it’s really fun, but I’d much rather make sure I get the skins for my Guardian. I just farm Zone 2, and while it’s tedious and grindy, it’s kinda fun for some reason. That said, this deleting toons and whatnot is no different than being able to grind farm anything else.