Please make SAB permanent [Merged]

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kamahil.3271

Kamahil.3271

After completing this with my friend(We 2 manned it all on normal) This is one of the most creative things I’ve ever seen placed in an MMO; and it is in our Asuran Town which we love. Would love to see this as permanent and completed.

Whoever made this is doing the game a great service.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: popaz.1524

popaz.1524

I sign. Please implement this into the game and build on it like your doing with Fractals!! It gives us something else to do other than Dungeon, WvW or sPvP. This is the kind of stuff we want into the game!! More choices more fun!!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

Agree. I would even pay real money if it comes to that. Just remove the vendors please!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I have already voiced this elsewhere but I will add it here too, as this really needs to be permanent.

When we started getting details about GW2 we were given the impression that there would be many fun mini games to take part in, for when you fancied a break from the usual stuff. All we got was Kegbrawl. Not that I dislike kegbrawl, I was just expecting more games, such as the shooting range and polymock, etc. Now we have been given SAB, and it’s amazing. The best content added so far. And it’s not staying?! Why on earth not? Why would you spend time and effort on something as FUN as this only to stop people from playing it after a month?

Please Anet, listen to the plees of your players, keep SAB as a permanent feature.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

I strongly agree, which is odd being someone who dislikes the dungeons in this game. It’s totally awesome though, and I love that I can actually progress solo. There should be no real reason to remove it storywise too, unless the elder dragons have a thing against 8-bit gameplay. Speaking of which where is that opening theme… :P

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

I’m actually shocked how much arena-nets team is experimenting with content like this.

Maybe that sounds negative, but for what it’s worth i like the idea of little experiments like these a lot.
Besides that, i’m having a BLAST. can’t even get myself back in the world of tyria.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kunshu.5281

Kunshu.5281

This game brings my childhood back to life, and I’m sure it does for many others as well. Why would you take that away from us? :P You don’t have to work on it as a primary asset, but something your team can work on while they’re bored, or just as a side job.

I would pay to keep this around, and many others probably would as well – it’s just that fun! I’ve been playing in the box for something upwards of 20 hours now. I can’t stop! xD

/signed

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i say keep it permanently – idk if i am going to be able to amass enough baubles for the stuff I want out of the new content.

most of my guild doesn’t enjoy it at all, so i am having trouble forming a team to get through the first world (all drop by the second dogbee). i like this new content – just don’t ramp the difficulty – i like the challenge AS IT CURRENTLY IS.

when i killed my first bunny, i said into guild vent, “THIS IS BETTER THAN FRACTALS”.

keep it in the game – it doesn’t have a major presence (besides the gateway), so it is i think unobtrusive being in Rata Sum. though i was stuff was cheaper.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Munkee.3542

Munkee.3542

#savethebox

15chars

Mesmer
Pinnacle Of Responsibility [Mom] – Yak’s Bend

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Sleeper.7368

Sleeper.7368

Totally agree, it should be permanent.

This content is awesome, I can relax with my friends after a hard time fighting those risen in orr and there gonna be some new player that come after this month and I want those new player to get to try this awesome content

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Jdreal.8347

Jdreal.8347

I could not stop playing this. The music, the sound effects, the visuals…it all just took me back to the early days of gaming blended in with my GW2 toon. I love it…i love it…i love it! Please make it permanent in the game!!!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Jdreal.8347

Jdreal.8347

Oh, and whoever came up with the idea for this is a freaking genius :-)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

This is awesome.

I would love a chiptune keyboard you could play like the bells.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I see they cleansed all negative comments when they merged.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Seriously, I spend more time watching zone 1 intro cut scene than playing the game itself.

SWORD-CHUCKS YO!

(Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you ANet!! I’m willing to pay 1000-2000 gems to keep this retro wonder)

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ManahAngelEyes.5069

ManahAngelEyes.5069

/signed

I loved it! It’s so unique and has lots of potential!
Please make it permanent!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ZenonSeth.5739

ZenonSeth.5739

My first post on these forums, and I wholeheartedly agree!

Yes, please ANet, make this a permanent thing!

I don’t have that much time to spend playing this amazing game, and I fear it will be over before I’ve had a chance to go through it all! (and find all the fun secrets!)

Are ye laughin’ yet?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Chinnee.7051

Chinnee.7051

This mini-game is so awesome. I can play this all day xD

Please make it permanent !

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

Consider this a +1 for making it a permanent addition. It would be sad if all the team’s hard work could only be enjoyed for a month here and there at most!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I would not like to see it as permanent, but cycled in with the usual rotation of Halloween, Wintersday, etc.

The activity, regardless of how entertaining it would be at first, will eventually become dull and lackluster. Keeping it in a rotation would keep the activity fresh and exciting the next time it is available.

Make it a permanent addition to GW2, but only make it available to us for one month every a year.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Omentos.2986

Omentos.2986

++++++++11111111111

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

I personally don’t like it. That said, since a lot of people do like it, why not keep it? As long as the chests in the world are removed, it’s a completely seperate thing and it wouldn’t hurt the game to make it stay.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: dudikoff.3645

dudikoff.3645

No reason this shouldn’t be permanent. Great Job!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: SchaScha.2169

SchaScha.2169

Definetly make it permanent !

in Super Adventure Box

ZenonSeth.5739

I personally don’t like it. That said, since a lot of people do like it, why not keep it? As long as the chests in the world are removed, it’s a completely seperate thing and it wouldn’t hurt the game to make it stay.

I already posted to say I want this permanent. Just wanted to say that this is a good idea. Remove the chests from world, and making it permanent would essentially be like introducing a new dungeon – a more exploration oriented dungeon – which I think is one thing this game could use more of.

Are ye laughin’ yet?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hagalaz.3705

Hagalaz.3705

So much love for this awesome jumping puzzle / dungeon /mini-game!
Thank you so much for this!
And please keep it permanent, I want to take my time in doing all the achievements.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Oorjuwa.1682

Oorjuwa.1682

This game along with its events meant for players with a LOT of time in hand. Expected, looking back at game’s event history, this is so very expected.

Wish they stop this and start making their events permanent. Although I don’t really like this one…Am in only for the skins and there no way am getting even one, wish I could buy time

Want all achievement as well…

Too many wishes

“You’ve got some really nice toys there. Mind if I break them?”
— Gwen

(edited by Oorjuwa.1682)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

NO, NO, NO!!!

Lets look at this from a different angle shall we?

Now we all moan about the lack of content in the game and how we want new things to be added right? Well think about it, it took AN a while developing this funky dungeon. We have to consider that we are still in Year-1 of game development so all the events we get for Wintersday/Halloween/Easter etc… Are the foundations for what we will get year after year henceforth, with minor tweaks each year to add a little extra. This means LESS WORK for AN.

Now I realise it’s their job to develop things, but wouldn’t you rather forsake this dungeon for the promise that AN will start working on better content for us as of August this year? Lets be fair, with these time limited events it means AN don;t have to make a new one each year and so they can focus on the things that really matter in the game, like balancing, Better Dynamic Events, More META events, Expansions and so on…

Not only would I happily give up this awesomely retro dungeon, but i’d gladly spend months farming a legendary and give it back to AN just for the pleasure of seeing more content in the game.

So I say, keep it as an Easter event for the following years to come and let AN get on with setting up the foundations of the game so all they have to do in future is “flick a switch” to turn the events on at the relevent times, meaning they have a lot more time giving us better content around the world.

All I’m gonna add to this is, Don’t forget there are still a few more elder dragons on the loose that haven’t even been created yet…

All in all I have to say -1 on this post. Though I will admit my initial thought was the same “Make it permanent”, though sometimes we have to think “outside the box” (haha, Get it?)

Sorry if this upset’s anyone!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

I just want to say I support the idea, I would gladly play this all year

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Reoccurring or permanent, either way, I want to do this again some time in the future, don’t take it away from me forever.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

Please please please keep this amazing addition to the game permanent!

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Obtahl Garanto.2347

Obtahl Garanto.2347

I say make it permanent please

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Silverious.9642

Silverious.9642

+1, this needs to stay!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

Perhaps the acquisition of the special skins and items should only be temporary so they retain their rarity and value, but…

I feel like SAB would hardly be played without a reward.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: salt.6759

salt.6759

Reoccurring, not permanent. That way when it shows up its a big deal, everyone wants to do it, and its easier to get groups. I love Super Adventure Box, but I feel like if it was always there it’d lose some of its luster.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

It would be an absolute shame for future generations of players to miss this.

(And also, I have limited play time and won’t be able to finish the achievements in time…)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Perhaps the acquisition of the special skins and items should only be temporary so they retain their rarity and value, but…

I feel like SAB would hardly be played without a reward.

Many people would not play anything without a reward. SAB is not special in this regard. Some of us like to play for the fun of it or the challenge, and it is those players that want it to stay.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: phiplayer.2865

phiplayer.2865

I agree , make this permanent

Ranger pet needs mechanic changes.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

Definitely need this to be permanent, and hopefully have the 3 other worlds released by the time Moto finish his invention.

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Wolfy.3708

Wolfy.3708

If there is anyone from ArenaNet reading this right now… Please check out this reddit thread that was started for people to show that they want they Super Adventure Box to stay forever.

It currently has around 900 people signed!

Creator of Quaggan’s Press (my blog!)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Cassius.4831

Cassius.4831

I think SAB should be permanent. Here are my reasons:

- It allows us to disconnect from the game without a real log off.
- It doesn’t imbalance anything. No gear is needed, No stats are need, we are only rewarded with baubles and skins (obsidians and philosopher stones? meh, they are cheap anyway).
- It moves people to Rata Sum. Before SAB, Rata Sum was a desert.
- It is compatible with lore (an Asura did it!).
- It is inmersive: You are playing with a character tht… is playing!
- It is fun.

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”
~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Adding my vote for the SAB to gain a permanent home in Rata Sum. I love this mini-game SOOOOOO much! I seriously can’t stop humming the Zone 1 music; it makes me happy.

Failing that, I’d at least love to see the SAB come back on a regular basis (once a year in April is fine, but I’d prefer to see it more often than that.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Torguish.4786

Torguish.4786

\\ NOT SIGNED //

I LOVE the content update, playing it and I plan to do all the achievements connected to the SAB. But (IF) it’s meant to be a temporary thing it should remain a temporary thing.
I don’t like “One Time Only” events but I like events like this because I know it will be back after some time. Having it all the time will just “spoil” some fun for new upcoming players, and will make the content “old” in a few weeks.
Just re insert it during festivities or other events and you’ll play it enough to be bored by it.

I’m sorry but i have to disagree…

Here are the reasons:

1) This has room to expand in multiple directions.
2) Everybody loves this and they should never reuse same old stuff in events.
3) This isn’t an event based event. It’s just for april.
4) The game has too little to do as it is. Giving a possibility like this is just pure awesome.
5) More ways to play the game and recieve epic skins. Casual gamers need more content like this.
6) You shouldn’t play the same thing so much you get bored by it. I’m getting bored of Guild Wars 2 because i can’t seem to find anything new to do.. until now.

This needs to stay. People play this and like i said, this has potential to grow in many ways. This was extremely fun and considering how talented the team behind this was, think of what they can do when they wish to expand this particular thing.

The content we how right now is old already, i got bored of F&F before it even began. Just sayin’

Oh well, piece out.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

Supported all the way – not only SAB but also Helloween and Wintersday should be made available all the time. Improve it over time – this should make world living. Now is bit stagnant and partially getting better now and then

EDIT:
Man, I miss Snowball Mayhem, Mad King Dungeon, Skeletal Rumble

(edited by Gizmo.8623)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Boik.7410

Boik.7410

Dear people of Guild Wars 2,
Please please please make the Super Adventure Box permanent! I really love it and it’s epic! You have done a fantastic job and really love the music

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lucnarr.8290

Lucnarr.8290

It would be so awesome to have this as a permanent thing.

On one hand it is awesome to have recurring events that are really awesome to play and themed for a specific ocasion (eg. Mad Kings Tower). On the other hand it is really nice to have mini-games that you can play to wind off after a long dungeon grind or after a long day at work, like SAB.

This mini-game is awesome, and if you, the developers, are worried tha skins will loose their rarity or “uniqueness” then give consumable rewards with a fun factor as reward, rather than skins, and then give skins for a cirtain admount of time every year (eg. April fools).

TL:DR: Make permanent plix plox.!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

These are the kind of activities/mini games that the game needs!

Hope you make it permanent.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: HellOfGods.9873

HellOfGods.9873

Arena net .. the best thing they can offer you is something made of Minecraft ..

instead of dealing with bigger problems or idea`s ,,
arena net .. is simply wasting their time and ours , with this pile load of kitten..

first of all this game is called guildwars 2 but ive been in 0 guild fights ,, instead of making a guildhall , guild battles , they give you Cheap home made stuff by some random kid who loves to play minecraft..

first i wanted to believe it was a april`s fool Prank…
But arena net is really giving this kitten ..

Super adventure box is in arena net their eyes more important then this :
1. Dye your weapons
2.Guild hall
3. guild battles
4. More ! Armor ! More Clothes .

• take medium armor it all looks the same almost * no diversity at all *
    5. more MOBS So different ones not a Rock dog with a red color and call it lava dog
    6. choose your own chatbox colors ..
    7. PvP where is the 1 versus 1 battles ??

I hope you guys i can show you some real good stuff ,, instead of some cheap minecraft system ..
Cmon .. even the server is breaking down in gw2 ,, Lagg issues etc .. yesterday my Trading post was in freaking german !!

Thanks ,,
maybe ive open up some eyes ,, Hope they are not full of This super adventure crap

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

HellOfGods, they have MULTIPLE teams working on different parts of the game. The team working on SAB is the team that does our monthly special events and all that. The other stuff is the other teams.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Super Adventure Box

ZenonSeth.5739

HellOfGods, did you make the exact same post into its own thread? Please see replies there…

Are ye laughin’ yet?