[Poll] Should the SAB stay permanently?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Game Over

I would like new additions to the world of tyria. This content is cute but I’d prefer to play new content on my mesmer …. not a mario / zelda knock off which takes all my abilities away.

You don’t think you’ll be getting new additions to the world of Tyria?
Spoiler alert – there’ll be plenty of new additions. How one can say no to keeping this, I cannot understand.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Game Over

As much as I love this content, it should not stay in the game – for the same reason that Wintersday and Halloween content never stayed in the game – it’s event material. The kind of content that gets you into the spirit of the event, but after a while gets stale and boring. This month will be very fun with SAB, but if we kept it in the game any longer it would collect dust and grinders.

Also, if the developers put in work for this, it would destroy the resources they could have used on the game, such as other events or expansions.

Yeah, I think this would be a better poll to have 3 weeks from now. Two days in, it’s very shiny, and clearly no one that enjoys it would ever tire of it!

Part of what makes content like this fun is the short bursts of it that you get. Now, I’m not saying it needs to go away for a ‘year’, but having a month or two off between the month (or maybe cut it down to a few weeks) on would give us something to look forward to and keep it fun and fresh, and give SAG (Super Adventure Guy) time to throw in a few more things and levels and worlds and such. Which…is probably what the plan is anyways.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nebboll.8903

Nebboll.8903

1UP

SAB was and is fun, I was sad when I passed all the stages. I love how it rewards you IF you like the skins and you enjoy the mini-game, I hope they don’t stop after 4 or whatever worlds but I understand Anet has other things to focus time and energy on. I could see how SAB may get old after several months, but that’s why it will become a once in a while mini-game if it is placed in the back corner of the closet.

This is just like the old costume brawl in GW1 or the Halloween instances that took place in the Underworld, I suspect this will be a traditional April fools Mini-Game, which is a good thing because it will keep the spark alive every time you collect those bubble baubles for years to come.

Also if you don’t like SAB its simple, just don’t play it!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

game up

While it’s really fun and i would love more zones, it’s getting boring quick, make it a seasonal and let it return every april and add some more things to it, but next week everybody will forget about it and do there regular things.

wouw

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Snaq.3408

Snaq.3408

I would LOVE if the Super Adventure Box was permanent!
I just LOVE it

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Mason.5674

Mason.5674

Game Over

I think it should not be permanent, coz it shal stay sth special.
Its kinda hard to get all the achievements and should be for those who spent their time there.
If its up to long it isnt worth anything . not the skins and not any of this stuff

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

1UP

Imagine if Fractals had only been around for the month of November.

No, please let jump puzzle players have something to enjoy all year around that is actually rewarding. Keep the SAB in for good.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ScrakeMode.2348

ScrakeMode.2348

Game Over

I am against this becoming a permanent addition. It’ll lose its luster quickly if thats the case. I do enjoy the nostalgia and want to see it repeated and expanded though, say yearly or bi-yearly.

i agree completely with you it’s literally so fun but if it was forever it would just be stale after awhile repeating with more worlds would be perfect though maybe add a couple dagger skins in there A-net

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

1UP
I think once all the lvls are in it will be big and varied enough to keep its appeal. Some more skins would be nice!

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Teletric.1980

Teletric.1980

1up

Although this could get boring and stale, knowing Arena.net, they would most likely add new content! Maybe even add more games to the adventure box, maybe a 2D version.
We NEED to keep this.

This is a signature. You have read this because
you thought there would be something “clever”
or “funny” in this signature. You thought wrong.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

1UP
I think once all the lvls are in it will be big and varied enough to keep its appeal. Some more skins would be nice!

Absolutely.

Home Instance Super Adventure Box.

THE HISAB.

Make it happen Anet.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ZenonSeth.5739

ZenonSeth.5739

1UP

Here’s my suggestion to keep this permanent:
1) Remove random chests from the rest of Tyria
2) Keep SAB like a permanent exploration-focused dungeon
3) Continue work on rest of Tyria content, only maintaining SAB as you would any other area

That way the people who don’t like it are not forced to interact with the content, and people who have an active interest in exploration and jumping puzzles (points at self) are free to do so at a pace of their own without having to rush doing this in a month, just like the rest of the content GW2 has to offer.

Pretty please?

Are ye laughin’ yet?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Game Over

I would just have this as a April only yearly event.

Really, its new and shiney now but by the end of the month the majority will have had enough of it…

I personally did all my 8 bit gaming in the last century…the 20th, the 80’s decade more specifically…it was a blast at the time but 21st century gaming is literally 1,000’s of times better…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: KjarlSeaspite.9573

KjarlSeaspite.9573

Eeeeh….the chests everywhere…no.

But the portal to the instances…sure.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

1UP

Promotes Fun, cooperation, solo dungeon play in casual or hardcore setting..

Does need updating though..

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ExoGeni.9248

ExoGeni.9248

1UP, but don’t make it the main focus, have it come and go from time to time.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

I want it to stay. It is fun and I can do it solo so I don’t have to waste my time lfging forever like I have to do with other dungeons (hint- we need a queue system for dungeons). Plus, (on a purely selfish level) I simply won’t be able to get the baubles needed to get the skin I want in 30 days, because… well… I’m a married, working, father, who coaches a spring sport.

If it can’t stay, I really like Meglobob’s idea of making sure it comes back every April, but with another level of fun.

(edited by Mysticjedi.6053)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lusts.3890

Lusts.3890

I want it to stay. It is fun. Plus, (on a purely selfish level) I simply won’t be able to get the baubles needed to get the skin I want in 30 days, because… well… I’m a married, working, father, who coaches a spring sport.

The skins drop at a decent rate inside the actual instance as well. I get one at a rate of 1 of 5 runs. So they aren’t hard to get. No worries man.

Please support your love for the Log-In Screen!
V Click Here! V
http://tinyurl.com/kb5jo4l

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ZenonSeth.5739

ZenonSeth.5739

[snip]
The skins drop at a decent rate inside the actual instance as well. I get one at a rate of 1 of 5 runs. So they aren’t hard to get. No worries man.

You must be lucky, I’ve ran World 1 at least ten times, and have obtained no skins. I’m sitting at something like 20 bauble bubbles after all the exchanges (mind you I was only running single character)

Are ye laughin’ yet?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lifelost.5627

Lifelost.5627

1UP!

The content could be changed to suit each seasonal holiday. love it either way.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: nesh.7234

nesh.7234

1UP

but not “permanent” — make it something like SAB day, SAB week, … just not SAB year

EU / Aurora Glade

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Proeliator.4158

Proeliator.4158

Game Over
…it is not bad,but we want mooore…

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Game Over.

This is a very fun holiday (April Fools is a holiday to Anet) event, which I will certainly enjoy for April. However if it is left in the game more then a month the novelty will wear off and people will expect something new next year. The way it is situated right now they can spend a lot of time and resources on Holiday content this year, and then the major groundwork will be laid for all future holiday events. This means in subsequent years they will be able to focus heavily on GW lore related content which this game needs more of, and still have these full multi week holiday events without having to put much more effort in.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tup.1803

Tup.1803

Like many people have said it’s event content, so no I would like it gone also after a period of time. They’ve said that it will likely get expanded upon with more worlds and skins, so that’s nice. Also as it sits now you can get a skin a day just from speed running world 1. The longer it stays in-game the less exclusive these skins get. Not to say they are now, but it would be nice if a year or so from now not to see anyone being able to get them, or everyone have them.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Knightlord.2967

Knightlord.2967

1UP
This game is amazing and it will only add more fun by letting it stay. I don’t like the fact that ANet is putting content only to remove it later.

::Gate of Madness::
Knightlord lv 80 Ranger
Two-handed sword build!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

1UP

Very entertaining and clearly doesn’t hurt the game content if it remains. I predict it’ll be more popular than any other PvE content currently in-game (including fractals).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

1UP

I’ve posted on a few of the other threads too, but this is the only one that attempts to do a poll so.. here I am, posting again :-P

Slow down and smell the pixels.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

1UP

SAB was a great idea. It’s a very original idea for an MMO that was executed very well and deserves a permanent place in the game.

Hell, if we can have keg brawl permanently, why not Super Adventure Box??

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

1UP

Love this game.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: basketcase.3894

basketcase.3894

1UP
I was really on the fence about this, because I can see it being fun as a once a year thing. Then I saw this... bring on those skins!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vaupell.8542

Vaupell.8542

1UP

IT even has the silver seal of approval.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Punch.3507

Punch.3507

1UP

In my opinion, this has been the most fun update yet. Here’s a way to keep it special: Make it available only during a single week of the month. That way it keeps its charm.

^Just a thought

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ming.8139

Ming.8139

1UP please keep
I have several toped out jobs in GW2 and left off and on to try other things then
I left ffxiv beta for this and do not think they will be able to keep up with GW.

Some people have to work and will not have time to get all the weapon skins unless it last much longer. I know some people get the skins fast with guild mates but the ones that solo just to relax when they have time are not so fast. So please keep it around.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t know.

I kind of agree with the people who say it wouldn’t be as special or exciting if it was permenant. I also think I’ll get extremely sick of the people who seem convinced that this one update is the absolute expression of everything Anet ever intended GW2 to be and everything they’ll be adding in the future. I’m kind of sick of them already, but it’d be even worse if this stays in-game and they stay convinced all future updates will be along these lines forever more.

On the other hand I’m really enjoying playing it and there’s far more content than I’ll be able to get through playing for an hour or two each evening (which is all I have available) so I’m going to miss out if it doesn’t stay.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Leucetius.8231

Leucetius.8231

1UP

I started playing this yesterday morning and before I knew it I had to get dinner for the kids. So much fun. I’d love to see this continued.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Delete

Bad addition to a great game. Need more fixes for the content we already have. It does not seem to fit any of the lore with the game other than the asura are smart and can build 8bit games? I would much rather have things working right that will be around all year long. Mini games just doesn’t do it for me.

I am glad people enjoy it I just can’t seem to get into it.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

1UP

To me, SAB is the most fun content that GW2 has to offer. It’s a shame that it’s so short right now. I would be extremely happy if it is expanded.

It’s a great change of pace from the other content and that’s important imo. I and a lot of other players have gotten tired of most of the other things GW2 has. Something unique like SAB is just what the game needs to stay fresh.

Also, no other MMO has anything like this. It’s a smart business move to keep it forever.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ferr.6403

ferr.6403

Game Over.
It should be just an event once per year ^^

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Arc.7346

Arc.7346

1 UP

There’s nothing to do after you hit 80 with 100% map, this game needs more minigames. To keep people playing the SAB, they should add more levels and vertical progression rewards.

(still waiting for bar brawl)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Pietoro.2014

Pietoro.2014

GAME OVER (maybe). I think it should stay a temporary, special event. BUT!

They could maybe release a new SAB world in the Christmas and Halloween patches. A good compromise?

+Gaura Havocshot – Engineer
+Felzza – Elementalist
+Roienna – Guardian

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Arc.7346

Arc.7346

Delete

Bad addition to a great game. Need more fixes for the content we already have. It does not seem to fit any of the lore with the game other than the asura are smart and can build 8bit games? I would much rather have things working right that will be around all year long. Mini games just doesn’t do it for me.

I am glad people enjoy it I just can’t seem to get into it.

Another lore junky who doesn’t know how to have fun.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ThighBruiser.7504

ThighBruiser.7504

1-UP, no explanation needed, its dope.

Thigh Bruiser – [KoTa] Knights Of The Abyss
BlackGate

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

1UP!!!

I get that it offers rare items, so Anet could end the items for purchase in the “real” world after April 30th but keep the gameplay for Super Adventure Box. A lot went into this particular “holiday” release, so I’m honestly surprised it’s being ditched after 30 days.

I don’t get people who want it removed, though. If you don’t like it, don’t play it. I don’t enjoy PvP but I wouldn’t ask that it be removed. Granted it was always there, but SAB could be a new additional feature. If you like it, play it. If you don’t, move on.

Ele for Hire

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

1UP.

Loving this event so far, it is the second best for me. The first being Halloween.

I like this event for a few reasons and one of them is the amount of content in these little worlds and how much is coming. I am sort of surprised and wonder if this can be done for normal dungeons adding paths, but I am getting off topic.

The style, I think it is great. I am aiming to get most of the weapons just because I like them all.

Giving me a reason to run around in the PvE world again, I have been waiting for this as we had it in Halloween and Christmas but not the F&F thing. Well now I have a reason and when I get to 250 I get anothe bubble bauble. It is great.

The extra’s, such as the mini pets and the time you spent on every little thing. You could have just made it straight forward but instead you added hidden rooms and such: that to me makes the difference and it is one of the things I like the most.

So all in all, for me, this is a great piece of content and I would love to see it stay.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Igneous.8362

Igneous.8362

1up a thousand times

It’s super fun and unique. And to all the people saying “it will get stale after a month” who cares? It might get stale to YOU, but it is completely optional. Unlike Dragons and stuff where not doing them means you missing out on chances at rare loot/ectos this mini game doesn’t affect the main game in any way. You can’t farm items or gold through it so it doesn’t require any time on your part. New people will keep coming to this game and it’d be a shame if they never say this, or had to wait till next April to see this wonderfully made event. As other have stated, the Adventure Box is also a nice change of pace if you’ve been doing a lot of long dungeon runs and stuff. I definetly won’t be playing it every day come month or so but I’ll definitely jump into it from time to time just for fun.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

IMO, remove the skins from the vendor at the end of the month but keep the instance open for roaming and replaying. Perhaps put the skins on sale for gems.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

1UP

Seriously, I know it’s supposed to go like halloween and christmas event… but it’s just too kitten good.
I actually think it’s the best addition to game since launch.
Seriously Anet, leave it in game.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

I already said 1UP but I didn’t give a lot of reasoning with it.

I said 1UP because of two things:

- I really like the content. I’m a sucker for old school games.
- I pitty that new players coming into the game will not experience it if it weren’t here to stay.

The last point is also my counter argument to those saying “you will grow bored of it”.
Point being it’s not always about oneself. With an MMO there’s always gonna be an influx of new players.

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Proxcel.2596

Proxcel.2596

Game Over

1 month of it is good enough time.
I will be bored of it in 2 weeks..
It will be cool if they add more skins and make this event 1 or 2 /year.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Silverbolt.2301

Silverbolt.2301

1up! Keep it! Great concept, exceptionally fun.. nothing more needs to be said.