[Poll] Should the SAB stay permanently?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

1up
i wonder why people like to see something they don’t like demolished instead to just leave them alone and ignore it.. its not like it’ll effect them in any way.!

That’s a really ignorant post its like would you want christmas and thanksgiving everyday? you can just ignore it it wont affect you in anyway. I do like SAB but its nice to have something to look forward to during holidays therefor , Game over.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

Making SAB permament is really bad idea. Of course I like this thing, and Im waiting for world2, and other stuff which is going to appear in SAB, but… IMO its better to add SAB for a month, then Moto should go away to start further work on his invention, and back in the future, with old, and new stuff

Making SAB permament is dumbest thing I’ve heard in the last days.

Those, who now are the loudest and they want SAB forever, in a month or two will be crying the loudest that SAB is stupid, boring and unnecessary.
Do people really not understand the simplest things? Use ur brains, its normal thing, that some things taste better, because we use them occasionally.

If you guys want to play more stuff like that, you should run Mario, or Zelda. It looks, like you lose what mainly Guild Wars II is.

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

(edited by Xar.1387)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Also, making SAB a permanent fixture in GW2 PvE will give another thing for whiners to complain about in the future.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Really making SAB permanent doesn’t have to mean it is always there… just a permanent or rather quaranteed part of the game. Same way dragons are but they are not there 100% of the time (bad example, since they are on automated timers and short ones at that),

SAB once every 2-3 months seems reasonable. There are two primary reasons an yearly cycle makes no sense to me. One, take wintersday for example, some of the art assets and models for it no doubt could theoretically be leveraged in other content down the line, but SAB is too large a deviation, the assets made for it will essentially collect dust if the project is not finished or takes an year long hiatus.

I said in another topic that temporary content Anet does is not really wasted once it goes away, but truthfully this does not apply to SAB, because like I said it is huge deviation and doesn’t have a real thematic holiday tied to it. So once the SAB is finished (4 worlds), should it just disappear? I think not. Cyclical model makes sense as long as Moto’s game remains unfinished, of course he can always create new stories but eventually the current SAB has to end, should that then permanently vanish?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

1UP, most definitely. You folks at ANet did a good job with the SAB in my opinion. Well done.

I’m not a fan of temporary or “one-time” events because I feel them to be a waste of resources. If development time was spent on something that disappears tomorrow, I receive no further benefit from it. I’d rather they spend their time improving the game in a more lasting way.

This isn’t to say I’m totally opposed to special or temporary events EVER, but they should be used very sparingly, in my opinion. I think the SAB is a fun diversion from regular gameplay and should become a permanent fixture in Rata Sum.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I love the SaB and all the fun little things it has done. Such as proving that you actually put a super niche mini-game into a major MMORPG title that doesn’t have to SUCK and can be more or less stand alone. I could go on for hours how cool the SaB is but I’m really here for a small comment.

I’m not sure it should go year round. I think that part of what made the SaB super cool is that it is a once in awhile thing. It is hear now and we get to run it to death before new stuff is added later. Then at that time we will get it for a little while again. This will help keep it fresh and new while giving them more time to add content into the SaB without the audience burning out off the SaB.

This will also open other doors for new skins and such during other holidays within the SaB. Like maybe 8-bit Halloween skins alongside the normal ones with a quarky themed 8-bit Halloween JP as a new side item. It could even be incorporated with Tixx giving out mini-SaB pets on a leash you carry around as a silly joke. There is a ton of small side stuff that can be done with the SaB but only if it is turned on maybe every other month or less.

Course I’d understand if it became a permanent item with it’s own living story as well. Such as the Charr maybe getting one and the crazy adventures that will happen in the children’s fahar wargames. Even the consortium maybe trying to steal or actually stealing the SaB and you have to go get it back before it does harm in their hands. There are lots of things that can be done with a permanent box as well.

So really I am torn on if it would be a good thing or not to keep it all year round.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

1 UP! x infinity!

I want this to stay forever with all the worlds eventually available. I have so much to do that having it for only one month will be a shame. I have my dual legendary daggers to work on and my monthly and a daily each day, on top of stuff IRL. its so much fun and brings back memories.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: senseidan.2036

senseidan.2036

1UP

Most definitely needs to stay!
But it also needs more zones, more worlds, more secrets, more music, more puzzles, more upgrades, more achievements, more Easter eggs, more weapon sand ARMOR skins

Guild wars 2 and a lot of other games struggle with not having enough end game content(i’ve quit alot of mmos because of this), I personally had quit 1 month ago after playing 1.5k hours of rinsed out dungeons, wvw, pvp content, but I definitely came back for the SaB and would most likely stop playing again if it were to go. I would prefer a game that expands rather than monthly events which come and go because vanilla guild wars 2 needs more content that STAYS! I would enjoy and welcome the SaB as a continued expansion of the game and love the diversity it brings which reveals a new and fresh side to the game. The way i see it is just like adding another dungeon we play and keep playing the dungeons for gear/skins which is nothing we aren’t accustomed to already, but what is different is that this dungeon is more of a jumping puzzle dungeon with lots of elements that adds hours to the game. In my opinion jumping puzzles is one of the most fun part about gw2(couldn’t jump in gw1) there should be more dungeons like this that focuses on this important aspect of the game and SAB is a great way include it. Not only that it brings more players into Rata Sum which isn’t a bad thing since gw2 has problems with map population.

In summary the SAB is SERIOUSLY FUN JUMPING PUZZLE DUNGEON that will probably end up as boring as any of the other dungeons we already have …. but we still play those.

Edit: And speed run leader-boards would be an awesome idea i remember a time when all people would do is compete with how fast they could complete old SNES games.

It’d be really funny if the actual April fools was that it’d only be available during april.

(edited by senseidan.2036)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Snarky Snarf.8463

Snarky Snarf.8463

1up really love this mode, had stopped playing guild wars 2 for a while. Saw this mode and tryed it out. Cant’ get enough of it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: PolarTank.5902

PolarTank.5902

I had to add this.

SAB is the single most important start for me to stick with GW2.
With new accounts made I can see others with the same attitude. I know it’s not sub based game. But I will spend money in shop knowing I can have content like this. keeping this to a once a year event will not grab as many newcomers as it has brought back others.

I have now no interest in other mmos. It’s not that it’s just this event but the possibility of other things to come. why waste money and time on other games when they will not be as diverse as this.

SUPER ADVENTURE TEAM GO !!!!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

1UP

And add character progression for it. And slowly move whole GW2 dev teams from GW2 to SAB and release mew SAB as mew game with GW2 playable as minigame inside.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: MaideN.3284

MaideN.3284

i’d have to give it a big

1UP

:)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Making SAB permament is dumbest thing I’ve heard in the last days.

Oh boy, I can’t wait to hear why that is. I’m sure you’ll have some awesome logic to back this up, right?

Those, who now are the loudest and they want SAB forever, in a month or two will be crying the loudest that SAB is stupid, boring and unnecessary.

Are you just saying this because it sounds ironic, or “just crazy enough to be true”? Where are you getting this from? Why did your mind even go here? People who like things the most end up hating them the most? Is that some kind of old, folksy wisdom I just haven’t heard yet?
Maybe if S.A.B. stays permanent and doesn’t get updated in a long while, people will complain that nothing new has been added. They will probably play it less and less, over time, if it remains stagnant. But you could say that about anything. If you don’t promote and maintain a part of the game and keep it relevant, few people will play it. But that’s not the same as “crying the loudest that SAB is stupid, boring and unnecessary.” I guess, by your logic, I could say that the people who are complaining about S.A.B. the most will end up loving it in the end, for whatever reason.

Do people really not understand the simplest things? Use ur brains, its normal thing, that some things taste better, because we use them occasionally.

Right, because if I eat nothing but pizza every day for a month, pizza should be taken off the market and not available to anyone. I couldn’t possibly make that decision for myself, like a sane human being with some modicum of free will. I need ArenaNet to force an activity schedule upon me, and tell me what to do and when to do it — it’s the only way I’ll have fun!

If you guys want to play more stuff like that, you should run Mario, or Zelda. It looks, like you lose what mainly Guild Wars II is.

I didn’t realize you were the authority on what Guild Wars 2 is, and in fact know better than the actual developers.
Maybe you should make a list of all the content and activities that should be boiled away, until we’ve distilled the pure essence of what Guild Wars 2 “is”…
“If you want a good story, read a book.”
“If you want a dose of humour, watch a sitcom or go to a comedy club.”
“If you want to play solo, unplug your internet cable.”
“If you want strategic, large-scale PvP maps, play Starcraft.”
“If you want any kind of vertical progression, go ride an elevator.”
Cutting features and limiting the scope of the game to a tiny pinpoint is surely the road to creating the ultimate game!

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

I`ll elaborate on a point why it should stay rather than be removed.

Yes, it will get old and interest to it will fall drastically soon enought, once people squired the skins they want. However,

- new content can be released, new maps, new items tied to special events etc., new things to bring people back. Release of new maps will bring same hype/interest back -regardless of the game staying whole year or only being available short time.
- players that did not had a chance to play it this month, still would be able later
- you finished it, got your reward and it became obsolete? So are most dungeons in this game – no reason to remove it though, as long as someone enjoys. There are hundred ways to play the game, and each person enjoys some aspects more: so if you get tired of it, you can ignore it. In fact, game was designed so that you could play different aspects of it entirely separately not mixing WvW/Spvp/pve at all for example.

So the best course of action would be:
1) Make Skins limited to this month. After month, replace rewards with something else or just leave Philosophic Stone/Crystals etc. as rewards, with maybe generic loot bag with random regs added.
2) Add SAB to daily/monthly achievement – so that people will have option to use it to finish dailies/monthlies.
3) On holidays/events – can add themed content to SAB.

And basically – will the game be forgotten or gains popularity instead depends solely on what approach developers will take. If it will be 1-2 updates with new maps a year, it`ll mostly loose novelty, but still will be fun way for people to enjoy playing GW2.

If developers instead choose to advance it further – improve it, add new worlds, new aspects, new games: it in opposite can grow even more relevant and bigger, especially if it is integrated into game world and in some way advances your character (i.e. add 8bit xp!)

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: GinnaeTonic.3612

GinnaeTonic.3612

Game Over – Usually, when I see new content, I feel a need to do it all. This content, however, did not spark a single flicker of interest. And within one day there were all sorts of proud little monkeys hopping around with their blocky weapons and noisy mini pets. Yawn…

Other people may like it, but I was instantly bored. I’m a completionist and avid gamer. This game is the first one I’ve felt like I could care less about doing it all.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As an alternative I think after it’s removed from GW2 it should be available as a seperate browser/downloadable game.

There’s actually enough content in it for it to work as a full stand-alone game.

I’m not sure how much time and effort it’d take to convert it, but they could easily sell it for the same price as other downloadable games and it’d be a lot quicker than making one from scratch so I think it’d work out.

(My one condition is that if it’s downloadable it needs to be available on 3DS because I don’t have a smart phone or tablet.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I think it makes the most sense to bring it back when new content is added.

It would be kind of a bummer if it was only once a year on April, though that makes the most sense.

If it does stay permanently, though, the rare TP skin versions will be worth around 2g before long, essentially removing the need to actually get baubles to acquire skins, which seems like an unintended consequence.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

1up.

The adding and removing of content gets really old. If you look at an old game like Asheron’s Call, they added content on a monthly basis and the majority of it stayed in game after the event was over (except for invasions) so they built up this huge amount of content you could go complete whenever you felt like it or even just for nostalgia purposes. Since this is a pretty neutral type of event (not a real holiday theme) I personally think it should remain in the game.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

As an alternative I think after it’s removed from GW2 it should be available as a seperate browser/downloadable game.

This is a cool idea, and I’m sure I’d play it, though I don’t see the point of going to the trouble of creating a whole separate piece of stand-alone software when the thing already exists in GW2 as it is. Wouldn’t it be better/easier to just keep it in the game?

I feel like this is a complex solution to a perfectly avoidable problem. It would only serve as a way to “technically” remove S.A.B. from GW2, for no good reason other than “because we said we would.” Maybe it would partially appease the folks who are afraid that this somehow breaks the “lore” of Tyria, but in practical terms it doesn’t really improve the S.A.B. to cut it off from GW2. It wouldn’t necessarily preclude the option to win weapon skins and other fun items for use within GW2, but it would certainly make the process more complicated and awkward. And for the tinfoil hat-wearing bunch who accuse S.A.B. of diverting resources away from the rest of GW2, this new project would only require more work and time than is necessary.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

1UP

I couldn’t stop playing untill I finished all achievements. I felt like I was playing Super Mario again lol. Awesome work guys.

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

1UP.

This kind of content should always be available as a minigame for those who want it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kings.7491

Kings.7491

1UP

I don’t see this as event material, I see it as a great mini-game. Lots of fun and potential for something even bigger.

(edited by Kings.7491)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Arkronis.1576

Arkronis.1576

1UP from me also.

The nostalgia for what was, and the fact you can come in to it anytime, I see it not hurting to keep it permanently in the world. Am sure the small team that originated on this can steadily add to it over time too.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kazmodin.2068

Kazmodin.2068

1up permanent pls

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

1UP

Even with the limited version we have available, the key points of a successful event are present. Accessibility to everyone, loot via RNG AND effort and so forth…

Honestly I just like the change of pace from doom and gloom and crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of … you get the point.

Simple and fun, and it benefits you fairly in the game.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tsubani.6094

Tsubani.6094

1up

This is a good addition to the game and very fun to play. It would be cool to get more skins, maybe new mystic forge items from this and new enemies and levels. I find it funny that people want new content and when it is here, they want it gone almost instantly. Popularity may die out yes, but this is a novelty and quite fun for a lot of players. This content attracted many new players and got them interested in Guild Wars 2 for the first time and for some it got them interested in the game again.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Given the amount of time that’s probably gone into this, it does seem a tad wasteful to just throw it away after a month. I would like to see more skins too, a super pistol would be nice, at least my engineer could get something useful then.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Game over, although a nice distraction for a mini-game it would grow stale quickly.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

I vote GAME OVER.

This is a huge masterpiece that has me hooked! 95% of the time spent is in running the adventure box!!! I have an adventure box addiction and I need it stopped. I love this content and it is the best thing ever to have graced Guild Wars 2! Thank you Josh Foreman and team for making this.

A huge reason, besides ending my Adventure Box addiction, is that I don’t want this mini game to lose its novelty and charm. A month is a perfect time and we have other events that will come up to fill this game (Halloween, Wintersday, etc.) I would love to see this content be a bi-annual event, but not a permanent event. It is just TOO GOOD to lose it’s novelty! Please remove the box, you have given us ample opportunity to earn the skins. In addition, by adding content to it 6 months down the road, it gives you more time to add to the genius known as the Super Adventure Box.

Please end my addiction and remove this content. Thanks so much! I’m a huge fan and will purchase your mini pets as a token of my huge appreciation to this content.
It is seriously the best content I have experienced besides WvW. Kudos again!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: zabriel.4852

zabriel.4852

Game Over.
This Super Adventure Box really shows how the staff of Anet are really talented. This SAB was something fresh and a new experience for all players to enjoy. I love the SAB and I can not wait to do the other levels with my guildies. Its awesome but i still think that keeping the SAB will lose its charm over time. This SAB is too good to lose its novelty. I remember the halloween patch with the clock tower and how people wanted to succeed so bad that after a few tries, some people did go mad lol. But I’m pretty sure those players are just waiting for next halloween for that clock tower again.
So long story short, part of what makes people enjoy and play SAB more often is its limited time in GW2. Thanks anet for your awesome work
Imagine having Christmas everyday?

Zabriel Dusk

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Jexos.8264

Jexos.8264

Yes I would love to see SAB stay for good. Also, add the possibility of new levels for it and maybe new rewards. Its a fun activity in game and I’d love to see more similar content in future updates

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Veomouse.1732

Veomouse.1732

1up
Even though it may not be as cool 3-4 months down the road but at least I won’t feel the need to farm it as much as possible while it’s around. It kind of ruins the fun of it when you try to farm it to get the skins you want.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Game over

This is a great event, but it should remain temporary. However, i would like to see it return in the future, perhaps with more levels and rewards.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Game over . . . for now. But let it return for updates every three or six months. Keep the people interested and invested. There will be other events that will need the team’s attention.

Gone to Reddit.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lusts.3890

Lusts.3890

I’m surprised at how much attention this thread got. Amazing responses, great reasons for why SAB should, or shouldn’t stay in the game. Amazing reads.

Please support your love for the Log-In Screen!
V Click Here! V
http://tinyurl.com/kb5jo4l

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Chellae.8401

Chellae.8401

1UP definitely. No need for it to be removed, just like WvW doesn’t have to be removed and then re-added with new content every x time, or any other feature.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

1UP, here. I’ve only gotten to play it a tiny bit with my friends so far, but what I played was really fun. Problem is, I’ve gotten really busy lately, and haven’t really had a chance to spend much time with it. I’d really like to be able to mess with it some more before it’s gone, but I don’t foresee that happening if it’s out within the month.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

1UP

/10char

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: lunarminx.3624

lunarminx.3624

Game over! If you keep it too long, it will be as boring as any other dungeon you run over and over and over again.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Game Over

The point of seasonal events is that they are SEASONAL.
Like others have said before, Xmas isn’t Xmas anymore if it’s every day.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

1UP

Hoelbrak has its own minigame… Why don’t keeping Super Adventure Box as permanent minigame for Rata Sum?
It’s so nice to see the asuran capital plenty of people and alive again.
I’m also waiting to enjoy new worlds, new skins, new achievements… :)

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Flax.4980

Flax.4980

Game Over

I absolutely loved my time spent in the box. However a big part of the fun and reward of playing it for me comes from knowing that it won’t be there all the time.

That said I really really really hope they at least bring it back every so often with new worlds to play and more skins and/or other rewards associated to it.

If it was to be made permanent then in my opinion it would need some kind of “ultra hard mode” or some other mechanic to give it more replay value since at the moment the only reason to go back in is to grind for skins or get the achievements.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Game over

The weapon skins are cool and unique but if this stays around they will quickly become tired and boring, fewer is better imo, and I dont have 1 yet.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rewiinded.9401

Rewiinded.9401

1UP

Why are people complaining if it would be permanent? Do you hate permanent new content and instead only want the temporary stuff we’re getting?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zearleth.1938

Zearleth.1938

1 UP

Love this mode.
The game needs fun, silly, entertaining things to do

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: PolarTank.5902

PolarTank.5902

Game Over

except this is not something like christmas. it has no seasonal theme

SUPER ADVENTURE TEAM GO !!!!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

Game Over

except this is not something like christmas. it has no seasonal theme

It does have a theme: it’s to pay homage to older games.

I’ve said it earlier in the thread before. It might just be a coincidence that this came out around the same time as the Game Developers Conference.

As a suggestion, they could make it a seasonal thing that comes out whenever they have gaming conferences and shows like E3, TGS and such. That way it comes out a few times a year or so, instead of only being once a year at April.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

If it does have to be removed, how about this. Do something similar to the Darkmoon Fair in WoW, put it up one week per month.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I simply don’t see the benefit in removing it; nobody’s forced to play the SAB, it is easy to ignore completely; playing or even farming it gives you no advantage in regular PVE/PVP/WVW/etc. so why NOT leave it in for people who enjoy it?

1UP.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

1 UP

I’d like to see it kept in-game.

It’s the ONE dungeon you can do alone…
Also, I work around 10 hours a day, when I come home I barely have time to finish my dailies before I’m ready to pass out; I would love to have the time to get all of the achievements. Sadly, I don’t think one month is possible with my work/home schedule.