No Pirates from Holos??

No Pirates from Holos??

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Before last night’s reset, tried running around to holo projecters to finish some of the Pirate Slayer achievements.

Ran to over 50 holos with no pirates spawning at any of them. It was at this point I figured it was futile.

Was this feature turned off prior to the reset last night? Could not finish these achievements because I have been able to see pirates in a lot of the listed maps this entire time.

Managed to camp the JP cache in Metrica to finish one last achievement for the meta, but I shouldn’t have to resort to that.

No Pirates from Holos??

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I spawned pirates on a hologram last night just after reset. I think the consensus on the forums right now is that if you run through a hologram that doesn’t spawn pirates and ignore it, we end up with all the non-pirate holograms (as most players are just running past them now).

So if you actually activate the holograms anyway and kill the holos, the next time it spawns there is a better chance for pirates to pop.

That being said, even with camping holograms there is not nearly enough pirate encounters right now (it might be broken in other ways).

No Pirates from Holos??

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

That theory makes sense and is probably the reason I didn’t see any pirates on my server last night.

Sigh… should have checked into it sooner as this broken mechanic prevented me from finishing more of the achievements. Too late now I believe.

No Pirates from Holos??

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

This is what is happening. Personally, I will set off all holoprojectors I run by even if they don’t spawn pirates so that the projector refreshes. The best places to get pirates were the dragon bash suspects and caches because they had a guarantee respawn of 1 minute.

No Pirates from Holos??

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I was forced to farm them at caches. But since the only cache is Ascalon was in Vexx’s lab and that I suck at JPs I couldn’t get to the cache to farm. Still didn’t matter in the long run, even if I got Vexx’s and the Ascalon Aether kill achievement, I still would have been short one to get the mini.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes