in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Where are these two?

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Hopefully Lord kittenbutt Faren will be inside a karka’s digestive system. Oh how I wished he’d never return to the story.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Ughh faren is back?? He is almost as bad as trehearne :/

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Pearl Islet, the beach bar

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Great! The Living Story could use some panache and aplomb.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Can someone remind me who Lady Kasmeer is? I googled and found nothing

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

I too have no idea who Lady Lasmeer is..

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I believe Lady Kasmeer is just another one of Faren’s romantic interests. I really like him and I’m glad he is back, I think he is hilarious.
They both are at the beach, south of Pearl Islet Waypoint.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Glad my best bro Faren’s is back. Now I just need my Charr legion-mates boozing it up on the beach too.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Scott McGough

Scott McGough

Narrative Lead

Next

Glad to see the Faren love. Sorry he’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but he’s one of our favorites to write (and a fave of the voice actor Yuri Lowenthal, who supplies Faren’s dulcet tones).

Lady Kasmeer is a brand new character who is making her extended cameo debut in the Secret of Southsun. We will see more of her in future releases (or, I should say, we’ll spend more time with her but see less of her, as she won’t always be wearing her beach gear).

—Scott McG

(edited by Moderator)

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Muku.8056

Muku.8056

I was wondering if Kasmeer’s skin color is exclusive to her because I can’t seem to replicate it on my human.

Other than that, Faren is one of my favorite NPC because he’s the only one that seem to serve a comedic non-heroic role so far.

(edited by Muku.8056)

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Junkfist.1760

Junkfist.1760

Yo you guys should think about a T-shirt that says “Faren is my Homeboy”.

I might buy that.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

That quacked me up.

The table is a fable.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I see that screenshot on the front page! What is she, I wonder…

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Will be be able to battle Faren for a chance at a speedo drop?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: enlil.3849

enlil.3849

I hope we have the chance to choose Faren as our second against the final boss of this storyline.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Ughh faren is back?? He is almost as bad as trehearne :/

You’re just upset he emptied your wine cellar. And then stole your cook.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Where are these two?

If you want more info on Faren, run a Human Noble character.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

(or, I should say, we’ll spend more time with her but see less of her, as she won’t always be wearing her beach gear).

No. She should continue to wear the bikini regardless of the situation or locale, and none of the NPCs should even make any mention of it, treating it as perfectly normal.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

(or, I should say, we’ll spend more time with her but see less of her, as she won’t always be wearing her beach gear).

No. She should continue to wear the bikini regardless of the situation or locale, and none of the NPCs should even make any mention of it, treating it as perfectly normal.

Don’t worry, at least you got Faren in his tight swimsuit

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Lady Kasmeer is a brand new character who is making her extended cameo debut in the Secret of Southsun. We will see more of her in future releases (or, I should say, we’ll spend more time with her but see less of her, as she won’t always be wearing her beach gear).

What a shame.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Alexander.4827

Alexander.4827

Faren is hilarious I was glad to see my old pal again I just wish he had more words for me considering he is my best friend.

Any chance for some unique dialogue later for us nobles?

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Eh, I don’t mind Faren. He is one of my favorite npcs. Though I was a bit disappointed that he treated me like a complete stranger on my Mesmer.

Hopefully if he is included in future content, he’ll remember who his friends are.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Seeing the Faren hate shows me that Anet did a brilliant job, as did his voice actor.

He is supposed to be a really darned annoying idiot who thinks money can buy everything and who tries to steal credit for everyone else’s deeds.

I say he is just perfect as he is.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Faren is a loveable fop, and I’m really happy they brought him back. Hopefully, he’ll recognize us in the future though.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Illo.5402

Illo.5402

He dusted your kitten with a white glove, and played with your records, oh.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Illo.5402

Illo.5402

Faren has 16 lbs balls. He is a beach bowler.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: zonvolt.3918

zonvolt.3918

Faren is an absolute bro. I laughed my butt off seeing him again in Southsun.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I love Lord Faren, too bad there wasnt time to write dialogue for human nobles that are supposed to be BFF with him. Imo that should be considered important for future arcs.

I loved how the guards in the Charr war room let me in because I’m pact commander but wouldnt allow my alt through. Little details like these bring the world alive to me. Weave enough of it into the temporary and also permanent content in the future please.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: zonvolt.3918

zonvolt.3918

In Faren’s defense, he was much too busy attempting to woo Lady Kasmeer to probably even notice his fellow noble buddy hanging around.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

I love Lord Faren, too bad there wasnt time to write dialogue for human nobles that are supposed to be BFF with him. Imo that should be considered important for future arcs.

I loved how the guards in the Charr war room let me in because I’m pact commander but wouldnt allow my alt through. Little details like these bring the world alive to me. Weave enough of it into the temporary and also permanent content in the future please.

I agree.
Would be better if in the future NPCs the character knows have other dialogue-options with them than with others.

In the past karka-event it was a pity that sylvari only had the same dialogue-sentences than other races when they talked with Kiel about the secondborn sylvari Canach. Sentences like “whats with this guy” – I don’t think that a sylvari really talks about “this guy” when talking about a secondborn, cause they’re important for them.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Glad to see the Faren love. Sorry he’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but he’s one of our favorites to write (and a fave of the voice actor Yuri Lowenthal, who supplies Faren’s dulcet tones).

So Ben 10 is Faren huh? That explains why I didn’t mind him too much.
I like his work.

Just make her an Elementalist, that way her armor is still the beach garb.
BADUMPTISH!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Lord Faren is amazing.
The fact that he’s got an in-lore connection to Chauncey von Snuffles is amazing.
It’s all just too much. I cracked up for like 5 minutes.

FAREN FOR PRESIDENT.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I didn’t know it was him (I guess that’s why he’s an actor).

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Yuri Lowenthal is great as Faren. Spot on performance. Who voices Kasmeer?

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Lady Kasmeer Meade is voiced by Janell Cox, who is new to the Guild Wars 2 cast.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Shanna.4762

I love Lord Faren lol, he’s so funny to me. I just wish he remembered me!!! >:(

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Ah good ole Faren. He’d never hurt a fly…he would instead run away and hide. Ok ok just kidding…he would be too busy flirting to notice it. Poor guy, can’t even buy him a break…or a date for that matter. Alas, how did we poor nobles become friends with this man? Seriously I want to know how…and why?!

Anyway…back to enjoying the wonders of Southsun!

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I just wish Faren saw who it was he was speaking to.

I mean like, we went through bandits together, we saved Divinity’s Reach together!

Still he talks to me that he doesn’t know me

Can you change his dialouge ArenaNet? At least so he could mention the player name in some way.

It would make me a feel a little bit better

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Ah good ole Faren. He’d never hurt a fly…he would instead run away and hide. Ok ok just kidding…he would be too busy flirting to notice it. Poor guy, can’t even buy him a break…or a date for that matter. Alas, how did we poor nobles become friends with this man? Seriously I want to know how…and why?!

Anyway…back to enjoying the wonders of Southsun!

Thats not fair! Faren is many things but a coward isnt one of them. Sure hes a flop and a womaniser but hes got a good heart and is more than willing to leap to the defense of people who are in trouble. Hes also not a snob like many nobles.

Poor Faren. He’s so misunderstood.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Lol I really like Faren.. got the mini just so I could carry a boy toy around for my character from now on lol— and she did run the human noble story so it fits :P

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Funny how Faren is voiced by the same guy who voices Feron (Drell Mass Effect 2)

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: CMEPTb.8091

CMEPTb.8091

I love my “Swimsuit Faren”. If only there were an “Evening Wear Faren”, “Wake-Up Time Faren”, and “Opera Time Faren”.

At least we got the matching “Swimsuit Kasmeer” to compliment — to bad they come separately.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I just wish Faren saw who it was he was speaking to.

I mean like, we went through bandits together, we saved Divinity’s Reach together!

Still he talks to me that he doesn’t know me

Can you change his dialouge ArenaNet? At least so he could mention the player name in some way.

It would make me a feel a little bit better

I have the same feeling to sadly…. It’s like he forgot his best buddy!!

Somewhat broke my heart that he didn’t recognize my character… who helped him get some ladies….

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My female Human Noble’s reaction seeing Faren:

“You cad! I join the Vigil to go save the world from the Dragons, and I come back to find you’re already shacked up with some blond hussy?! I thought we had something special!” ((runs off crying))

Or she would have, if Faren had reacted to her as if she weren’t some generic Hero.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

My female Human Noble’s reaction seeing Faren:

He would still offer to buy you and Kasmeer a drink as a way of saying sorry. lol
Then find a way to charge it to your account.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: JGBarbarian.3579

JGBarbarian.3579

Lord Faren is one of my favourites, too bad none of my human noble toon survived this far
Still I think Faren should remember a player character who is already past his chapter, a small line at least like “Hey friend”, and something more Faren like if the toon is female

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I thought it was fun seeing Faren show up on Southsun and up to his usual antics. I still haven’t got back to my DR instance to see if he’s still hanging around my noble’s house, it would be cool if he was gone during Southsun.

And nice to see the new NPC with Lady Meade. I’m looking forward to seeing how things turn out with her.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

On another thread they said they had intended to include this, but it somehow got left out.

Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer

Shanna.4762

On another thread they said they had intended to include this, but it somehow got left out.

Sounds like an accidental oversight that’s not very important at this time, but we’ll be seeing a lot more of Kasmeer & Faren in the update after next, going forward and I guess they’ll change this issue then.