[Possible Spoilers] NPC Conversations

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Plagiarised.2865

Plagiarised.2865

I’ve compiled a list of the conversations between NPC’s that are relevant to The Secret Of Southun storyline. If I have missed anything, please let me know.

Lord Faren: Is that you, Kas? My dear, dear friend, I haven’t seen you in ages. What a coincidence, us both being here!
Lady Kasmeer Meade: You were on the same ship I was, Faren. I saw you trying to hide.
Lord Faren: Not from you, dear lady. Perish the thought. No, I was merely… assuming a low profile.
Lord Faren: My exploits drew some unduly harsh reaction back in ol’ DR. I felt it was time for a sabbatical.
Lord Faren: So I am traveling incognito to enjoy a temporary separation from my established social circle.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: What a marvellous idea. I was attempting that very thing.

Lord Faren: I never “fled to Southsun Cove.” I… came to secure my reservations for the upcoming festival.
Lord Faren: But what about you? What brings you to this fair island?
Lady Kasmeer Meade: Business and pleasure. I’m fact-finding for Jory, and I heard this was a one-of-a-kind resort.
Lord Faren: It is that. One with a reputation for dangerous fun… well, danger, anyway.
Lord Faren: Truth be told, I was rather counting on that to discourage any other visitors from DR.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone you’re here. If I did, I wouldn’t have you all to myself.

Lord Faren: So you and Jory don’t do bodyguard work. Too bad. My body could definitely use some guarding.
Lord Faren: I was trained in single combat, of course, but I’m currently facing a much less fortuitous ratio.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: Right, you were Swordmaster Bongo’s prize student. Your parents paid extra for the title.
Lord Faren: Well I don’t like to brag… wait, what?
Lady Kasmeer Meade: Sorry, I meant “training.” They paid extra for the special training that made you so formidable.

Lord Faren: I’d be an excellent pirate. “Captain Faren, Scourge of the High Seas.” And of the high-end taverns.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: I can definitely see you with a cutlass and a corsair’s hat, swashbuckling the day away.
Lord Faren: I like the sound of that! That is to say, “Har! Yar! Avast!” and so forth.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: I suggest calling yourself Faren the Tongueless and remaining silent until you’ve mastered the lingo.

Lord Faren: I’ve built us a house with my own two hands. You’re not the only noble who works, you know.
Lord Faren: Now we can stay here together forever, rent-free!
Lady Kasmeer Meade: That’s sweet, but are you sure it’s finished?
Lady Kasmeer Meade: It looks more like a foundation. For a hovel that’s designed to lower property values.
Lord Faren: I’m a trend-setter, my dear. Soon all our friends will have beach homes like this one.

Lord Faren: Why not? You’re here, I’m here, the waves are crashing romantically upon the shore.
Lord Faren: It’s not like we’ve never kissed before.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: We were eight.
Lord Faren: And I’ve carried a torch for you ever since. Surely proof that my love is no mere schoolboy’s trifle.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: Yes, well… not to change the subject, but I think you need to wax again. Your stubble is showing.

Lord Faren: Have you heard the scuttlebutt? The Captain’s Council is simple riven over the upcoming festival.
Lord Faren: Half want to honor tradition and make the traditional profit.
Lord Faren: The rest think it’s bad form to have a dragon festival in the middle of a dragon war.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: I understand it’s a delicate subject, but isn’t the council always at each other’s throats?
Lord Faren: Only when they’re not trying to stick knives in each other’s backs.

(edited by Plagiarised.2865)

Plagiarised.2865

Subdirector Noll: This is the least promising batch of refugees I’ve ever seen. Job-o-Tron! Status report.
Job-o-Tron: Less-than-thirty-percent-of-those-polled-are-currently-gainfully-employed-as-we-define-it.
Subdirector Noll: See? You’re all wastrels! Back me up here, Job-o-Tron.
Job-o-Tron: Subdirector-Noll-is-correct. Get-a-job, wastrels.

Job-o-Tron: Just-a-few-basic-questions. First-question: What-is-your-occupation?
Tergvi: I’m an adventurer. I roam the globe, taking what I can find and living off the land.
Job-o-Tron: Recording-response: “Raider.”
Tergvi: I’m no raider. I kill dangerous beasts and those who do evil. I defend the innocent.
Job-o-Tron: Updating-response: “Muderous-raider-with-delusions-of-grandeur.”
Job-o-Tron: Next-question: What-is-your-dream-job?
Tergvi: To be a traveler. I’ve been from the Shiverpeaks to the Sea of Sorrows, but there’s so much more to see.
Job-o-Tron: Recording-response: “Hobo.” Next-question: What-is-your-greatest-professional-accomplishment?
Tergvi: I’m not answering any more of your questions.
Job-o-Tron: Recording-response: “No-professional-accomplishments.” Now-tabulating-results…
Job-o-Tron: Update: We-currently-have-no-opportunities-available. Please-re-apply-when-your-skill-set-has-improved.

Inspector Ellen Kiel: I’d offer the traditional pirate’s greeting, but your spleen is better unperforated.

Inspector Ellen Kiel: Okay, I’ve got settlers, Consortium bureaucrats, and Captain Magnus, all yelling at me.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: The settlers are getting restless. Plus, the local wildlife is getting frisky, and we all know how that ends.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: Magnus wants it all sorted out before the upcoming festival begins.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: Personally, I’ll be happy if we can just keep everyone from killing each other.

Aggren Vicegrip: I need out of this place. I hate the food, the water, I hate the air. And the sand? Hate it.
Consortium Agent: You there! Your break’s over. Get back to work.
Aggren Vicegrip: And I hate that killing that jerk wouldn’t matter. They’ll have a new jerk in place by morning.
Aggren Vicegrip: I’ve been itching to hurt something. You just volunteered.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: You hotheads are only making things worse.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: You can’t win. The first thing a Lionguard learns is how to end a brawl.

Inspector Ellen Kiel: Right: any more violence and I’ll use all of you to chum the waters of Sawtooth Bay.
Aggren Vicegrip: Go ahead. I’d rather be shark bait than a prisoner.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: You’re not a prisoner. You signed a Consortium contract to be here.
Aggren Vicegrip: Because there was an emergency. Now the emergency’s over, and I want out.
Aggren Vicegrip: And I don’t want Consortium mercenaries on my tail for the rest of my life, waving that stupid contract.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: I’m sorry, but my hands are as tied as yours. You signed it, so you have to stick to it.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: In the meantime, quit stirring up trouble, or you’re fish food.

Henrika: I’m sorry. We were after the records… the contracts that keep us here. We just wanted to be free.
Henrika: He had a plan, and we were getting desperate. He said nobody would get hurt but the Consortium.
Henrika: He was… a sylvari. Kind of a snob. Tough, though. He knows this island inside and out.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: He… of course he does. He spent a lot of time here exploring the place. Didn’t think he’d ever come back, though.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: A reckless sylvari who knows Southsun Cove, and has a grudge against the Consortium? We’re looking for Canach.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: At least we’ve got something to go on. Now to see where it goes.
Henrika: Remind me not to sign any more contracts. Ever.

{{Thank you Kasaeva for finding this one}}
Inspector Ellen Kiel: Tell me everything. These buildings seem to be the target. What’s inside?
Subdirector Noll: That information is strictly on a need-to-know basis. And mind your tone. The Consortium is the victim here.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: Fine. Have fun being trampled and eaten until someone who needs to know shows up.
Subdirector Noll: Wait, wait. Given the circumstances… These are simple storage depots. Tools, supplies, records…
Inspector Ellen Kiel: Why would wild creatures attack caches of tools, supplies, and records?
Subdirector Noll: Figuring that out is your job. And just so you understand the stakes—this isn’t an isolated incident.
Subdirector Noll: Our Southsun records on the mainland have also been targeted. Destroyed, in fact.
Subdirector Noll: The originals here are all that’s left. I’m having them collected so we can protect them, but I want Lionguard assurances.
Subdirector Noll: If the Consortium loses this important asset, the Captain’s Council will hear about your incompetence.

(edited by Plagiarised.2865)

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

Who the heck is Jory? Is this a name I should recognize from somewhere?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Job-o-tron is hilarious.

Oh and… I like Ellen Kiel. I know she’s kind of… plain(?) in comparison to some other of the new NPCs. But for some reason I really really like her.

Plagiarised.2865

As far as I’m aware, It isn’t anyone we know. I assume by the context Jory is a human (maybe a noble) that’s in the same line of work as Lady Kasmeer. Of course I’m just speculating and I could be completely wrong.

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

As far as I’m aware, It isn’t anyone we know. I assume by the context Jory is a human (maybe a noble) that’s in the same line of work as Lady Kasmeer. Of course I’m just speculating and I could be completely wrong.

Maybe Jory is the private investigator Kasmeer is working for?

And thank you for the dialogue.
I can add one more. The one of Kiel and Henrika about Canach which happens after the event with the crazed mobs. The first line I only have in german, cause I pressed the Ctrl-button too late, sorry. So if anybody can add the line in english?

Henrika: (Tut mir leid. Es ging um die Dokumente … die Verträge, die uns binden. Wir wollten nur frei sein.)
Henrika: He had a plan, and we were getting desperate. He said nobody would get hurt but the Consortium.
Henrika: He was…a sylvari. Kind of a snob. Tough, though. He knows this island inside and out.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: He…of course he does. He spent a lot of time here exploring the place. Didn’t think he’d ever come back, though.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: A reckless sylvari who knows Southsun Cove, and has a grudge against the Consortium? We’re looking for Canach.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: At least we’ve got something to go on. Now to see where it goes.
Henrika: Remind me not to sign any more contracts. Ever.

It’s a pity that the right Ctrl-button which shows the text in the original isn’t working like it had in GW1. There I can switch into the original text every time I hold the button (even if the text is written in the chatbox), but if I release it, it’s back in german. But in GW2 I have to hold it down to get the original text in the chatbox and if I release the button, its still in english in the chatbox and text I only have in german won’t change into the english original like it was in GW1. Only the names of the persons like “Inspector Ellen Kiel” switch between the languages.

EDIT: Ok. Missed that you had this one there, too. Sorry. -.-

Posted by: Sinned.8419

Sinned.8419

After reading all those dialogue and the post about Inspector Kiel, I have a feeling that Lady Kasmeer may be the woman the captured dredge was talking about. I think she might be our personal nemesis. Anyone else think that?

Guild Wars 2 Machinimas and Let’s Plays found at www.youtube.com/delusionalquester

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

After reading all those dialogue and the post about Inspector Kiel, I have a feeling that Lady Kasmeer may be the woman the captured dredge was talking about. I think she might be our personal nemesis. Anyone else think that?

There is a thread about this question:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/southsun/Could-Lady-Kasmeer-be-our-nemesis/first#post2043286

Posted by: Sinned.8419

Sinned.8419

Oh thanks Niyo! I must have missed that post.

Guild Wars 2 Machinimas and Let’s Plays found at www.youtube.com/delusionalquester

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

AMAZING thread, thanks for it! I had missed one of Kasmeer/Faren quotes haha.
Great job, really.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Have all of my thumbs-up, Plagiarised! (A rather fitting name, considering this thread. XD)

I quite like Ellen too. Not sure if she’s higher than Rox, but definitely higher than Braham.

Job-o-Tron is hilarious. I wonder if I could convince it to come work as my personal assistant…

Posted by: Kasaeva.4691

Kasaeva.4691

Don’t see this one on the list..

Inspector Ellen Kiel: Tell me everything. These buildings seem to be the target. What’s inside?
Subdirector Noll: That information is strictly on a need-to-know basis. And mind your tone. The Consortium is the victim here.
Inspector Ellen Kiel: Fine. Have fun being trampled and eaten until someone who needs to know shows up.
Subdirector Noll: Wait, wait. Given the circumstances… These are simple storage depots. Tools, supplies, records…
Inspector Ellen Kiel: Why would wild creatures attack caches of tools, supplies, and records?
Subdirector Noll: Figuring that out is your job. And just so you understand the stakes—this isn’t an isolated incident.
Subdirector Noll: Our Southsun records on the mainland have also been targeted. Destroyed, in fact.
Subdirector Noll: The originals here are all that’s left. I’m having them collected so we can protect them, but I want Lionguard assurances.
Subdirector Noll: If the Consortium loses this important asset, the Captain’s Council will hear about your incompetence.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

Plagiarised.2865

I’ve never seen that one. Does it happen at Pearl Islet? Is it rare? Sorry about the questions, excited about the find. Anyway, I’ve added it to the list. Thank you for finding it!

Posted by: Kasaeva.4691

Kasaeva.4691

It might be new. It happened about 3 times while I was on the island, roughly 20-30min apart and yes it’s at Pearl Islet.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows