Solution to RNG skin issue

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Here is the answer to all this gambling stuff:

• chests drop two types of tokens: a “regular token” and a “super token”.
  • Guarantee a regular token in every chest.
  • 100 (or some other very large number) regular tokens can be turned in for a weapon skin of your choice. (You need a large number to prevent these weapons from being too common because that makes them less desirable.)
  • chests have a small chance to drop a super ticket that can immediately be turned in for a weapon skin of your choice.

This way:

• Players can always get what they want (customers happy).
  • Players are induced to gamble for that super ticket (Anet happy).
  • Players who are lucky obtain their skin at a cheaper price (customer really happy).
  • Even if a player gets a super ticket, he/she will have many regular tickets from opening all the chests before getting the super ticket. He/she will feel all these regular tickets are wasted if not used, and thus will spend more on tickets to get a second skin (Anet happy).

You’re welcome Anet, the bill is in the mail.

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Similar to how the Super Adventure Box worked. You could trade baubles for the bauble bubble for the weapon skins. I approve of this.

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

No just make all special weapon skins be possible to get a) Gem store b) PvE chivement bound, PvP player just getting the chest with all skins for the locker after winning a tournament (vanity/quaggan, charr, other trolly backpacks not included).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Yeah. WTB a better way to get these things…

Posted by: Slushey.8236

Slushey.8236

Or just don’t make them soulbound/account bound. If I really want a skin, I would rather spend 50g in game than waste $100 of my real money and get nothing. If people want to spend real money to grind for the weapon skins to keep or sell, that’s fine, but at least give those who don’t want to waste real money a chance. :/

Grand Duke Slushey of the Knîghtmare Court
Blackgate | Knîghtmare [KnM] | Knights of the Temple [KnT] | Attuned [Att]

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I would like to know whether ANet actually lost out on any money by making the SAB skins obtainable through in-game tokens as well as non-account-bound RNG chest drops. Because that system WORKED for the player base.

IF it also worked for ANet, financially, then there’s no excuse to not use it for living story content in the future.

If it means though that people wasted significantly less money on RNG chests and in consequence Josh Foreman has to move back into his parents’ cellar and eat only cheap ramen for the rest of the month, then, well, tough luck for us players.

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I would like to know whether ANet actually lost out on any money by making the SAB skins obtainable through in-game tokens as well as non-account-bound RNG chest drops. Because that system WORKED for the player base.

IF it also worked for ANet, financially, then there’s no excuse to not use it for living story content in the future.

If it means though that people wasted significantly less money on RNG chests and in consequence Josh Foreman has to move back into his parents’ cellar and eat only cheap ramen for the rest of the month, then, well, tough luck for us players.

Duh, OF COURSE they lost out on money with SAB. Lets say the bauble baubles were not there, and instead they had sold the skins for 100 gems, or in a RNG trap, both ways would have had people buy them, so they make money. They make zero money from you farming bauble baubles. So no, it doesnt work for them financially to make the special items freely available in game every time. they need the money.

I do feel their approach to the limited time offers is not yet good enough, but I’m hoping they slowly work towards a solution that brings enough money without everything being a RNG cash grab. Wintersday was harmless in this regard with many direct offers for gems alongside the RNG minis, SAB was barely monetized at all, so its not like they always do it the worst possible way (F&F was worst so far imo).

Posted by: CurrMac.2138

CurrMac.2138

Where are the RNG chests? Are they the one’s that come after the crabtoss game or like beating a instigator?

I’m a Sylvari Salad

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

there the black lion chests i believe Currmac

CurrMac.2138

O so the tickets are in there now? I have Literally 40 of those……and no keys -__-

I’m a Sylvari Salad

Posted by: White Dragon.5429

White Dragon.5429

The tickets aren’t in the Black Lion Chest this time. There’s a new limited time RNG chest called the Consortium Supply Crate. It can (rarely) drop from mobs on Southsun Cove as well as being a cash shop item. This would be a perfectly fine solution if the drop rate of the ticket inside the chest wasn’t so ridiculously low.

CurrMac.2138

Yea I dont really wanna waste gems on those but I really want a skin…

I’m a Sylvari Salad

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

The tickets aren’t in the Black Lion Chest this time. There’s a new limited time RNG chest called the Consortium Supply Crate. It can (rarely) drop from mobs on Southsun Cove as well as being a cash shop item. This would be a perfectly fine solution if the drop rate of the ticket inside the chest wasn’t so ridiculously low.

Lol rarely. The drop rate is abysmall.

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

They should make skin available like in wintersday.

You can get ticket for 150 gems (key for blc at that time), or buy for 10$ worth gems.