Will Southsun end in a Group Dungeon?

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t have any concrete answers, but I strongly suspect the finale of Last Stand in Southsun will be in a dungeon. I’ve already pinpointed the likely entrance (a vent wall inside Ember Passage), and the descriptions of the coming achievements are strong indications that it will be a dungeon. There will be traps to evade, 2 mini-bosses (Canach and Subdirector NULL) and a Crazed Karka Queen final boss.

It IS possible that the Karka Queen will be a world boss event similar to the Ancient Karka, but given the lagtastic experience Lost Shores was and the overwhelmingly negative feedback ANet got about it, I doubt they’d repeat the experience.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Hopefully it does end in a group dungeon as I and many other people like them. There is nothing wrong with casual content, but something a little bit more challenging is fun to some people. I don’t really like event farming and soloing, which caused me to go into Southsun long enough to get my back pieces and never go back again. Unfortunately, the back pieces are so easy to get that everyone will have them, which means I won’t ever even wear mine.

I think they should continue to add a variety of content for all players instead of catering to those that only want the stuff that they like added in.

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Looking at the achievments, yes it will…
And I’m glad it does.

I had a blast with MF, had good and bad groups, the dungeons was great and I hope they make it into a fractal or some permanent content for nostalgia’s sake.

You are not “forced” into group.
You can try to solo. Its going to be hard, but some people pull it off…

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

Going to hold my tongue on some of the ridiculous remarks people have insisted on rezzing this thread to post, because the way I feel right now, I don’t really mind so much. I’ve enjoyed playing the re-invigorated Southsun A LOT, and Crab Toss is just hilarious. So if the next update throws in a dungeon, oh well, not for me, but not something I’ll mind at this point.

I do hope the Queen Karka is an open-world meta event – and one that actually stays, because the map will need it for the longer term.

Final thought – perhaps a dungeon could have a unique version of the backpack, for those who don’t like the mass availability of the current ones? If I could suggest a version with the tentacles all going some place uncomfortable…

Blast, I failed to hold my tongue. ;P

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

nonono group event ok, but no dungeon.

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

I wouldn’t mind if it ended with a dungeon, however, it would be nice to get some ‘permanent’ new content in this game.
Some of the stuff they have been putting out, is really fun (like the flame & frost dungeon). In my opinion it was one of the most fun dungeons in game, yet it got removed :/ So I’m currently hoping for another (permanent) dungeon.
(The last ‘new permanent’ content in PvE was what? Fractals? Anyway it would just be nice to see the developers were working on something that doesn’t get removed after a few weeks.)

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

I expect this event system to end in a group dungeon, but I’m not looking forward to it. It would be one thing if there had been Flame & Frost: Open World Solo and Flame & Frost: Dungeon Progression. Over the years, I’ve seen some other MMOs break this down like this. A game developer could release content for both sections of their player base and they would avoid alienating them both.

One of the key aspects of GW2’s dynamic event system is that it features “grouping” without the need for formal groups. We buff each other, we heal each other, and we can even revive each other. The social environment that this system creates is a bit different from any other MMO. Yet ArenaNet throws this out of the window for the Living Story system. Instead of providing a permanent content update, they introduce the 1st LS arc. While stringing people along with solo instances and open world dynamic events, they then pull a fast one and say that you have to run a group dungeon to actually get credit for the LS arc. And by the way, you can only complete this dungeon for a couple of weeks.

Most MMOs would have left that dungeon available as a permanent piece of game content to help enrich the game. I’m more than a little baffled about ArenaNet’s decision to remove the content, despite their formal explaination. While I do understand that ArenaNet wants people to be constantly logging in, I don’t understand their desire to punish people who weren’t available for those final weeks. It’s one thing to miss out on some flimsy solo quest activities. Yet it’s something else entirely for people to permanently lose out on experiencing a full dungeon, which is a much greater time investment from ArenaNet.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

It WILL end in a dungeon:

“Join Kiel for a mission to capture the deadly, desperate Canach! In this all-new story dungeon, you’ll enter Canch’s Lair on a subterranean solo mission under the island. If you defeat the elusive sylvari you’ll unlock a challenging all-new group adventure! "

(from https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/may-28-2013/ )

So.. it is a dungeon that you can solo.. and will unlock an adventure that requires a group. Whatever that means.

So.. it is a dungeon that you can solo.. and will unlock an adventure that requires a group. Whatever that means.Luckily for those who don’t like to PUG all this is completely optional, as you can get your rewards without doing any of this.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

wow that sounds nice kitten you ARE listening

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Whoa! Hoelbrak has melted?? Or is that a different locale with all those spirit totems?

(edited by Aurelian Omenkind.2470)

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

It won’t end in a dungeon. We have however included an instance that will open up that has a single player version, and a more difficult multiplayer version.

The ending is different

Nice, hope we will get more things like this (dungeon would be awesome, but well I guess we first have to see this instance )

Hopefully this will keep some people happy (yeah, I’m looking at you people who wish for more permanent content, solo versions or hard content dungeons) >_>

edit: booo my smilie didn’t worked… had to change it

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

Thankyou ANet

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Uh-oh. I hope that we don’t end up having to kill Canach. I understand his motives, I want to tear the Consortium apart too. So they are neither good nor evil? Last time I checked, slavery was something pretty evil, and forcing people to work for you, not letting they go away, beating them into submission when they riot… That sounds like slavery.

Anyway, awesome solution! Thanks Anet, I can’t wait

Edit:

Whoa! Hoelbrak has melted?? Or is that a different locale with all those spirit totems?

That’s one of the sPvP maps (my favourite one, too)

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

It won’t end in a dungeon. We have however included an instance that will open up that has a single player version, and a more difficult multiplayer version.

The ending is different

So that multiplayer version is a mini-dungeon than and not a full dungeon right? Something like Molten Weapons Facility? That was really cool

~ The light of a new day

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

The next update is on https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/may-28-2013/
From the sound of it, it will be contain a dungeon that you can solo and it will unlock a multiplayer adventure. Sounds fun

Posted by: eirylee.3561

eirylee.3561

it’s “spirit watch” the last sPVP map added

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

it’s “spirit watch” the last sPVP map added

That explains it. I don’t do PvP much except WvW on occasion. Looks like a place I’d like to visit tho.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The ending is different

That is the best GW2 related news I’ve heard in a loooong time, thank you so much! Cannot wait now!

Posted by: Blur.3465

Blur.3465

I just want to say thank you ANet for implementing this! Solo and group dungeon, it satisfies everyone!
I like going through dungeons on my own (tis what I did in GW1 with heroes) and I love admiring the work devs put into designing the dungeons and uncovering the secrets within them. This way, I can have this peace and nice relaxed way of gaming within the dungeons restored. Thank you again from myself and a couple of friends from my guild.

Feanor

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Sounds good to me as long as the reward for the harder version is better. It would kind of make the group dungeon pointless if you could just go solo easy mode through it alone and get the same rewards.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Sounds good to me as long as the reward for the harder version is better. It would kind of make the group dungeon pointless if you could just go solo easy mode through it alone and get the same rewards.

go away elitist :P

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I don’t think that’s elitist. I think that makes sense. Harder content should, logically, equal better rewards. Without increased rewards there is no point in increased difficulty.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

The ending is different

Squeeeee!! Yay! That’s fantastic. Robert Hrouda you are super duper awesome. Wherever this guy post, good things tend to happen there. ;~;

Zaxares.5419

I don’t think that’s elitist. I think that makes sense. Harder content should, logically, equal better rewards. Without increased rewards there is no point in increased difficulty.

Not true. The main reward for increased difficulty should be the satisfaction in successfully challenging yourself and overcoming it. I’m not saying that beating Hard Mode shouldn’t give greater rewards, but it should be in the form of increased Flowers/Karka Shells/coin, and not in the form of a unique skin that isn’t obtainable otherwise.

In any event, I’m looking forward to Last Stand, both the solo and group dungeons. I’m a little concerned about the “big monster” on June 5th though. Is this going to be another one-time event similar to the Lost Shores finale, Robert? I’m hoping it isn’t, because I imagine there will be many players worldwide who will miss out on it due to scheduling conflicts.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

That’s one of the recent SPvP maps that was added.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Not true. The main reward for increased difficulty should be the satisfaction in successfully challenging yourself and overcoming it. I’m not saying that beating Hard Mode shouldn’t give greater rewards, but it should be in the form of increased Flowers/Karka Shells/coin, and not in the form of a unique skin that isn’t obtainable otherwise.

In any event, I’m looking forward to Last Stand, both the solo and group dungeons. I’m a little concerned about the “big monster” on June 5th though. Is this going to be another one-time event similar to the Lost Shores finale, Robert? I’m hoping it isn’t, because I imagine there will be many players worldwide who will miss out on it due to scheduling conflicts.

I don’t see why you’re equating a ‘better’ reward with an exclusive one. Yours is the first post in this quote pyramid to suggest that was the intended meaning…

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

The ending is different

That sounds very, very cool. =)

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

All I can say is that I am glad that the non-dungeon people seem to be a distinct minority. If you want a game that you play by yourself, then by definition an MMO is not for you. Play a single-player game like the Witcher or something. I hope they have a dungeon in this storyline and all of the others….the more the merrier.

First of all, im a social player. I try to party up with people as much as I can. I do however FRAKING HATE DUNGEONS WITH A PASSION. If ArenaNet did a better job with dungeon design at release I might have enjoyed it but that is not the case in this universe. So before you BS about anti-dungeon people about only liking solo content, I suggest you consider ALL the options towards why people dislike dungeons.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The ending is different

Is this instance temporary? (Like Molten Facility)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

yup.Temporary until the end of the Southsun story arc.

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Booooo

Lvl 80s who have done most of what this game had to offer need more things to do besides the 1 day worth of new content to finish achievements every 2 weeks. Old dungeons are old, we need new permanent things.

I know, I know… mix of permanent and temporary content… still waiting for the permanent stuff.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Please oh PLEASE let the new dungeon stay there, all I’m asking!

Temporary dungeons, that very idea sucks…Southsun will become an empty zone after this again… don’t you realize that most popular zones are the ones with dungeons? And big boss events?

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

don’t you realize that most popular zones are the ones with dungeons?

What’s really popular in those zones are only entrances to those dungeons… So that’s pretty bad argument.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Booooo

Lvl 80s who have done most of what this game had to offer need more things to do besides the 1 day worth of new content to finish achievements every 2 weeks. Old dungeons are old, we need new permanent things.

I know, I know… mix of permanent and temporary content… still waiting for the permanent stuff.

I dunno — I was one of the people complaining about MWF being temporary, too, but right on it’s heels came Southsun and there really isn’t time to regret MWF being gone. If something else comes on the heels of Southsun and something else after that… well, the content is always new new and exciting and there is plenty of stuff to do. Stuff that I haven’t already done. Those other dungeons are part of the static personal story — they remain. These are part of the dynamic living story — we affect the world around us, some things stay, some things go. That is incredibly cool in an MMO.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Kitten. Its really disheartening that nothing that gets added is going to be permanent. Sure the Braham/Rox instance zones are permanent, but they don’t have any reason to go back to them, and their the only ‘permanent’ content from F&F.
Between that and the constant re-use of the kitten cash RNG boxes to limit any new weapon skins, I’m pretty close to losing all faith/interest in the game.

Booooo

Yeah, I’ve been wondering where the permanent content is that Colin keeps referring to. They want a balanced mix of permanent and temp content, yet all we keep getting is temp.

I dunno — I was one of the people complaining about MWF being temporary, too, but right on it’s heels came Southsun and there really isn’t time to regret MWF being gone. If something else comes on the heels of Southsun and something else after that… well, the content is always new new and exciting and there is plenty of stuff to do. Stuff that I haven’t already done. Those other dungeons are part of the static personal story — they remain. These are part of the dynamic living story — we affect the world around us, some things stay, some things go. That is incredibly cool in an MMO.

Even with SoSSC (?) released, I still want MWF back. I’d still be doing it probably once a night if there were other people doing it, cause I still want to get at least one jetpack ><.
And what has stayed? Only the Braham/Rox instances, and they have no reason to go back to once you’ve been back there once.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

I just have to chime in here and say a huge THANK YOU to the team for this decision! It is so hard to please everyone, but you have come up with a way. Heaps of kudos to you all at Anet for such a great solution.

I’ve been a mostly solo player since hero/henching my way through GW1, so this makes me very happy. But I absolutely agree there should be a healthy group dungeon community too and for the players who enjoy that, I’m very happy they get to enjoy their preferred content style in the Last Stand update, as well!

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Booooo

It took 2 hours to complete the Southsun content moving at a slow and enjoyable pace. Stretch that out to a day maybe, what about the other 13? I could be destroying remaining vacated weapons facilities. Instead Im sitting logged off contemplating if I really want to invest any more time in a game that 9 months later still has some very glaring flaws that has not been addressed at all.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Bah more temporary content. Anet you are pushing me away fast, please stop. I love this game a lot, I have put thousands of hours into it so far and still find things to do. The fact that you are forcing me to complete content on YOUR timetable, as opposed to when I choose to is really driving me away. I feel like it’s become a job to keep up with achievement’s as opposed to participating in content when I have time to.

You are also hurting your WvW community significantly, there are lot of us that don’t JUST WvW hardcore. And the WvW communities that rely on these cross groups get hurt significantly when this content comes around while they try and complete it in a timely manner.

I don’t know if you’ll even read/address these issues but I wish I could put into words aptly how bad this design is, and it really needs to stop now.

Let’s not even address the extremely limited items brought about with this content, (Sentinel’s gearstats anyone?), and the fact that there are an excess of quality of life improvements that really should have been added to the game first before we are left trying to grab the fragments of all the temporary content to keep up.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

(edited by pulsecodesgnl.3470)

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I´m really done shaking my head on this temporary content “disease”.

Fractals already have the mechanic to make all these throw-away dungeons available again but you´re perfectly happy ignoring basic human psychology.

Just keep introducing new dungeons then yanking them away again. Let´s see how people like it in the long run.
picardfacepalm.jpg

Polish > hype

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

Hopefully this one will provide a bit more of a challenge than Flame & Frost, while enjoyable the first 30 minutes you take to clear it, it is so easy you could run it without any gear on, same thing for most of the permanent dungeons out there. (Trust me, my guild has done it on multiple occasions)

Edits: grammar/spelling

Piiz

PopeUrban.2578

I don’t see why you’re equating a ‘better’ reward with an exclusive one. Yours is the first post in this quote pyramid to suggest that was the intended meaning…

QFT. I like the exclusive easily gained rewards “just for showing up” and the “uber rare drop” rewards. Obviously group content should have a higher payoff in “common” event rewards (I guess flowers or karka shells or whatever for this event) and a better drop chance for whatever “rare” loot there is. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be rewarded for a solo instance, but you shouldn’t be rewarded as well for content that’s easier. Otherwise you’re just shafting the peple in the group instance.

The idea that the “main reward” should be overcoming it is a silly one. If that were true then how about giving no reward at all for the solo instance? I mean, if the “main reward” is overcoming it and unlocking the group instance.

In fact, I’m absolutely a believer in unique looking loot for harder difficulties, like the fractal weapon drops. You shouldn’t be required to do harder content to get mechanical power just to do harder content (AKA the raid progression/annoyance model) but there should absolutely exist status symbols that can only be obtained by doing difficult things, whether they be skins, titles, whatever.

The pervading concept that everyone should have easy access to every reward ever is flawed. Everyone should have easy access to power but cosmetic rewards are a different matter. There should exist shinies that are only obtainable by a few players, as long as these aren’t the majority of all items in the game.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

The pervading concept that everyone should have easy access to every reward ever is flawed. Everyone should have easy access to power but cosmetic rewards are a different matter. There should exist shinies that are only obtainable by a few players, as long as these aren’t the majority of all items in the game.

Man, i sure needed you in the thread i started about wanting challenge for awesome looking stuff!

Zaxares.5419

The idea that the “main reward” should be overcoming it is a silly one. If that were true then how about giving no reward at all for the solo instance? I mean, if the “main reward” is overcoming it and unlocking the group instance.

In fact, I’m absolutely a believer in unique looking loot for harder difficulties, like the fractal weapon drops. You shouldn’t be required to do harder content to get mechanical power just to do harder content (AKA the raid progression/annoyance model) but there should absolutely exist status symbols that can only be obtained by doing difficult things, whether they be skins, titles, whatever.

I actually wouldn’t mind getting no reward at all except an achievement for completing the solo instance (outside of standard drops from mobs, of course). It’s obviously something that’s meant to be played for the story.

As to the rest of your stance, we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I believe that every player should have the opportunity to obtain any type of cosmetic skin in the game. If the skin is locked behind difficult content/RNG, then the player should also be able to buy it outright from the gem store or off the TP. If Legendaries, the supposed ultimate trophy for players, can be bought on the TP, why not anything else? More skilled or dedicated players will probably obtain the skin FASTER, but I believe a casual player should be able to obtain a Legendary through, say, 1 – 3 years of playing. (And in all honesty, they probably can, if they save wisely. I’m slowly saving up for a Legendary one day, but I don’t expect to get one for at least a few years.)

The SAB did an excellent job of offering multiple avenues to obtain the Super skins; you can try and get lucky from the chests, buy it off the TP, or just accumulate tokens to buy an account-bound version. I would prefer it if other cosmetic skins were to receive the same treatment.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Wait, so the story ending is different for the group version than it is for the solo version? Why bother making two versions if you aren’t going to allow people to experience the story in its entirety from the solo version? That seems like it completely ignores people’s concerns about the story (it allows them to play a dungeon but it doesn’t complete the story).

I say all this as a person who actually loves group dungeons and will play this one. I won’t miss out, but I don’t see why others have to if you went to the trouble of creating a solo version.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Wait, so the story ending is different for the group version than it is for the solo version? Why bother making two versions if you aren’t going to allow people to experience the story in its entirety from the solo version? That seems like it completely ignores people’s concerns about the story (it allows them to play a dungeon but it doesn’t complete the story).

I say all this as a person who actually loves group dungeons and will play this one. I won’t miss out, but I don’t see why others have to if you went to the trouble of creating a solo version.

I don’t think that’s what he meant by “The ending is different”. See how he said that it won’t end in a dungeon? I think that it means that there will be the dungeon and THEN (after the dungeon) there will be the ending, which is not in a dungeon.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Sometimes the wording from devs on this forum is more confusing than an episode of Lost.

So if what you say is the case, the story will be the same for both versions of the dungeon, but plot of the Secret of Southsun won’t resolve in the dungeon, it will end with another world event (my guess is a Sclerite Karka Queen).

Zaxares.5419

Huh, good point Gabby. I interpreted Robert’s post to mean that the Solo Instance and Group Instance dungeons are different, with different endings (similar to Story Mode and Explorable Mode for the standard dungeons), but he could just as well have been referring to the grand finale battle against the Crazed Karka Queen.

Which, by the way, I’m still waiting on confirmation on from ANet that it’s not a one-time, one-day only event.

PopeUrban.2578

I actually wouldn’t mind getting no reward at all except an achievement for completing the solo instance (outside of standard drops from mobs, of course). It’s obviously something that’s meant to be played for the story.

As to the rest of your stance, we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I believe that every player should have the opportunity to obtain any type of cosmetic skin in the game. If the skin is locked behind difficult content/RNG, then the player should also be able to buy it outright from the gem store or off the TP. If Legendaries, the supposed ultimate trophy for players, can be bought on the TP, why not anything else? More skilled or dedicated players will probably obtain the skin FASTER, but I believe a casual player should be able to obtain a Legendary through, say, 1 – 3 years of playing. (And in all honesty, they probably can, if they save wisely. I’m slowly saving up for a Legendary one day, but I don’t expect to get one for at least a few years.)

The SAB did an excellent job of offering multiple avenues to obtain the Super skins; you can try and get lucky from the chests, buy it off the TP, or just accumulate tokens to buy an account-bound version. I would prefer it if other cosmetic skins were to receive the same treatment.

Honestly I think this is a problem with the acquisition model of legendaries as a whole. Specifically, the idea that they can be sold on the AH and are not account bound on acquire.

However, legendaries do require a very long laundry list of stuff that isn’t just mat farming. Stuff like WvW badges and dungeon tokens for instance. If every player had to earn their legendary, and there was a skill-based avenue to hit for precursors rather than solely relying on RNG with a very low chance of success I think legendaries would be a lot better off.

Cosmetic rewards are Trophies. Difficulty should exclude people from a limited selection of trophy items. These items don’t affect your build, and only serve as an indication that you were able to complete some of the most challenging content in the game. I don’t see why people have a problem with that. What’s so horrible about people having things you don’t? What’s so bad about having an incentive to improve if you really really want that particular cosmetic thing? Why is “Just buy gems” a suitable alternative to getting better at the game? That’s like buying a professional championship trophy and skipping the season altogether. Sure, you have the trophy, but it’s lost all of its meaning.

Again, the majority of cosmetics should be easily acquired, but hard content should have at least one unique award (like they are adding for SAB hard mode FYI)

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

That’s like buying a professional championship trophy and skipping the season altogether. Sure, you have the trophy, but it’s lost all of its meaning.

Again, the majority of cosmetics should be easily acquired, but hard content should have at least one unique award (like they are adding for SAB hard mode FYI)

This is a good way to put it. The “everyone gets a trophy” trope should not cover everything.

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

The ending is different

A HUGE thank you!!! I must say, I’m very excited about where the game will be in the future. You and your team are so willing to adapt and change for the betterment of the game. This is a brilliant idea and I hope it comes out smoothly!