The 4 new special Exotic Mini's?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

I have been looking high and low on how to get the new special exotic mini’s (Mini Steamrider, Steam Hulk, Mechataur, and the account bound Mr. Sparkles) that were released with recent living story. So far I have had zero luck. I know they must be available in some way because they are appearing on the TP but nobody seems to know how or is just speculating. The two most recent things I heard is you need to combine the Twisted Mini’s in the Year 2 mini pack to make them however I have yet to see a single person confirm this or a recipe on what is needed. Also you supposedly can get them in the Mystic Forge randomly combining the mini’s like normal. I am assuming that is where the ones on the TP came from.

If anyone can confirm or provide the correct details on how to get these, i would be grateful. I collect the mini’s and want to make sure I have a chance to get them before the event ends. I don’t want to find out 2 days before it ends and then have no time to get them.

It would be even better if someone from Anet can confirm how to come by these or when they are available. I know it may sound weird but to me this is the most important thing I do in the game and have worked real hard to get them all. Any help would be great. Thanks

(edited by Mistress Elemental.3750)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

From what I’ve heard, you can get them from combining any four of the Set 2 minis in the Mystic Forge. (Which Steam mini pops out is random.) However, I’m neither a mini-hunter nor a frequent Forge-user, so take my post with a grain of salt.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/21/gw2-set-2-minis-gallery/

Mystic forge and Sparkles is unknown.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/21/gw2-set-2-minis-gallery/

Mystic forge and Sparkles is unknown.

Dismagus just submitted a specific recipe that will provide any of the three exotic steam minis except for Mr.Sparkles. I was a bit skeptical of it at first but multiple people have confirmed it in the comments section

Twisted Nightmare
Twisted Horror
Twisted Mender
Twisted Reaver

in Clockwork Chaos

Mistress Elemental.3750

Thanks so much for helping me. I now have the first 3 however it cost way to much to make them thanks to people inflating the prices of the pre minis. Now to figure out how to get Mr. Sparkles.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

For sparkles, has anyone seen if mini Zojja lights up in the forge with any of the mini siege golems? there’s 3 of the siege golems so it’s possible that the recipe could be Zojja + red, blue, and green siege golem. If Mini Zojja and any of the golems light up, as they are different rarities, should indicate a specific recipe.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

+1 for wanting to know. And wow. Those 3 are a cashgrab. It’s already 50gold for each or so.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Falkor’s theory would make sense, although it’s definitely expensive!

in Clockwork Chaos

Falkor.7932

Falkor’s theory would make sense, although it’s definitely expensive!

and heavily time-gated, 75 commendations is quite a few months (even if your guild has all missions unlocked its over 3 months)

- Explorer Bekk

in Clockwork Chaos

Mistress Elemental.3750

Interesting thought however I don’t think that would make sense. I do wonder if the other year 2 inquest asuras do it but then I don’t think it would make an account bound mini. I have been debating trying it but it would be a costly mistake if it does not work.

in Clockwork Chaos

Mistress Elemental.3750

Scratch that last reply, just realized it does not work.

in Clockwork Chaos

Mistress Elemental.3750

Well I took a wild chance and tried to forge:
Mini Inquest Golemcaster
Mini Inquest Technician
Mini Peacemaker Shocktrooper
Mini Peacemaker Sharpshot

and ended up just getting another Mini Inquest Golemcaster so that thought is out.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I have no idea why people play with the mystic toilet like this. It’s broken.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So is it guaranteed to return one of the 3 steam minis when you place 4 twisted minis in? So you have to place certain combos in to get certain steam ones?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

I have no idea why people play with the mystic toilet like this. It’s broken.

We’re not playing, the recipe is guaranteed.

in Clockwork Chaos

Mistress Elemental.3750

So is it guaranteed to return one of the 3 steam minis when you place 4 twisted minis in? So you have to place certain combos in to get certain steam ones?

Yea, it has to be be one of each of the twisted. They cant be the same ones, there are 2 Fine, 1 Masterwork, and the 1 Rare. The Exotic it makes seems to be random however I did it 3 times and each time I got one of the 3 that I did not have so I am not sure if there is a chance you could get a duplicate or not.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yea, it has to be be one of each of the twisted. They cant be the same ones, there are 2 Fine, 1 Masterwork, and the 1 Rare. The Exotic it makes seems to be random however I did it 3 times and each time I got one of the 3 that I did not have so I am not sure if there is a chance you could get a duplicate or not.

Hmm, gonna have to give it a try tonight if I can remember. Thanks.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Any update on Mr Sparkels? I have a Mini Zojja but lack the golems to see if they fit.

edit: Had a guild check and he says you can’t but the golems from guild coms into the forge. I don’t have a screen shot to prove it though. :/

(edited by KOPPER.1458)

in Clockwork Chaos

Mistress Elemental.3750

I have played with many variations to see if Zojja or any other mini for that matter had anything to do with it and so far no minis will combine in the forge with Zojja(except the other rares but not willing to try any combination of those.). So at the moment it is still unknown how to get Mr Sparkles and I have a feeling, its going to be something released during the Birthday event.s

in Clockwork Chaos

Mistress Elemental.3750

Any update on Mr Sparkels? I have a Mini Zojja but lack the golems to see if they fit.

edit: Had a guild check and he says you can’t but the golems from guild coms into the forge. I don’t have a screen shot to prove it though. :/

Sadly I dont have any of the Guild Golems because they need a total of 75 commendations and I only have 12 so far. I don’t expect to get them any time soon so if it does need them, that will suck because by my estimate, it would take me a year to get those 3 mini’s at 2 commendations a week (T2 Bounty per week) and then another year to get them again. If that is the case, its really stupid.

in Clockwork Chaos

KOPPER.1458

Thanks Mistress Ele. I’ve come to the same conclusion as well. None of them seem to fit a recipe. I don’t think It would be random at all.

While the result for the steam Mini’s is random out come of 1 out of 3 the recipe to go into it is set in stone and the same.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Alex the Precise.3654

Alex the Precise.3654

I really hope it’s put 4 queen Jennahs into the forge for Mr. Sparkles. Otherwise I’ll have eight Jennahs…

in Clockwork Chaos

KOPPER.1458

Somehow I don’t think its 4 Queen Jennas.

in Clockwork Chaos

Mistress Elemental.3750

The queen mini’s will probably be sent via mail and will only get one per account for when it was created and not per character birthday.

in Clockwork Chaos

Falkor.7932

Clockwork Chaos Release page

Characters that are one year old will receive a Mini Queen Jennah, a 24-hour Birthday Booster, and a Scroll of Experience.

Not one per account.

4 Jennahs is an interesting idea, something to do with the extras would be nice.

- Explorer Bekk

(edited by Falkor.7932)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Lol dude made over 600g selling these minis now people are doing everything in their power to make as much money off of these as possible. Dat GW2 community.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Njordfinn.4921

Njordfinn.4921

Sparkles was handed out at the Community Meet & Greet yesterday in Cologne, perhaps you can win some on a few Fansites

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I’m fairly annoyed by this development.

I bought 2 of the steam minis for what seemed like a reasonable price for a new exotic mini.

Had I known you could make them with a specific recipe (and had they not had cool new attack “features”) I would have been more circumspect.

The last time they had a 4:1 mini thing, they stated it clearly.

Congrats to the guy who made a ton of gold, boo to Arena net for throwing this surprise curveball into the normal process.

Most of you would cry if you knew just how much these devalued in a day.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Sparkles was handed out at the Community Meet & Greet yesterday in Cologne, perhaps you can win some on a few Fansites

Someone please tell me this isn’t true… I’ve been waiting for a Mr. Sparkles mini to come out for months and now this? : (

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Someone please tell me this isn’t true… I’ve been waiting for a Mr. Sparkles mini to come out for months and now this? : (

…what? Please no Where is Cologne anyway?

I checked the GW2 website and they never mention going to Cologne or anything like that. Were you (hopefully) kidding?

(edited by WatchTheShow.7203)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Germany, but it would probably have been easier just to say Gamescom.

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

…That has to be a joke.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

There better be another way to obtain this mini. This is not fair to the mini collectors or people that don’t live in Germany…. I would pay money for this. Please ANet. Please!!

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nokizaru.8416

Nokizaru.8416

They were giving away Dragon Emblem T-shirts last year at Gamescom and later they said it won’t happen again cos it was simply not fair. So I highly doubt they would do the same thing with this mini…

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

They were giving away Dragon Emblem T-shirts last year at Gamescom and later they said it won’t happen again cos it was simply not fair. So I highly doubt they would do the same thing with this mini…

Well.. To be honest that is fair. But ingame stuff is simply off limits.

in Clockwork Chaos

Falkor.7932

it was an In-game Tshirt, town clothes though, so I don’t REALLY mind, but yeah. Exclusivity based on whether or not you live near/can afford to fly somewhere would be pretty rude.

- Explorer Bekk

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

:(

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

it was an In-game Tshirt, town clothes though, so I don’t REALLY mind, but yeah. Exclusivity based on whether or not you live near/can afford to fly somewhere would be pretty rude.

Oh.. Nevermind, that IS indeed rude.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Paeroka.7924

Paeroka.7924

There better be another way to obtain this mini. This is not fair to the mini collectors or people that don’t live in Germany…. I would pay money for this. Please ANet. Please!!

They’ll very likely be given to fansites, etc. to give away. And then there’s PAX. Maybe they’ll have them there as well.

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

They’ll very likely be given to fansites, etc. to give away. And then there’s PAX. Maybe they’ll have them there as well.

That’s still not okay. It is not fair to make items available outside the game for participating in lottery giveaways.

in Clockwork Chaos

Mistress Elemental.3750

Yea, its completely wrong to make an account bound mini that hardly anyone will be able to get. As a collector I would be VARY unhappy to find this out and will refuse to pay anymore gems to get mini’s because up to this time, I have been able to get them all and there is no point if I am not allowed to get this one. My collection would forever be incomplete. Its GW1 all over again with the Mini Panda and other special minis that were given to Tournament players and such. At least those were tradeable but it was nearly impossible to get still. It would be a big screw to those who are dedicated to getting mini’s.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

I feel offended by this, I’m a Brazilian GW2 player and can’t afford to go to such places. Why must Anet doom me with a collection I can’t hope to complete?

This is a poor thing to do and I hope to see this reconsidered.

Roker
Tarnished Coast

in Clockwork Chaos

KOPPER.1458

I can confirm these were given out at Gamescon, I had a friend get one. I assume they will give them out at PAX as well which is also coming out.

I hated that Rift used to do this and there was never any way for me to obtain them without going to ebay or some other non sense place.

Anet please tell me us players who can not travel will be able to get these? Please. Throw it in the gem store. I am ok with that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

Yea, its completely wrong to make an account bound mini that hardly anyone will be able to get. As a collector I would be VARY unhappy to find this out and will refuse to pay anymore gems to get mini’s because up to this time, I have been able to get them all and there is no point if I am not allowed to get this one. My collection would forever be incomplete. Its GW1 all over again with the Mini Panda and other special minis that were given to Tournament players and such. At least those were tradeable but it was nearly impossible to get still. It would be a big screw to those who are dedicated to getting mini’s.

Amen. I have collected every minipet up until this time (Still missing a few for guild commendations), and it’s as simple as that; If my collection can not be complete, I don’t want to collect. Anet needs to get their kitten together.

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

I can confirm these were given out at Gamescon, I had a friend get one. I assume they will give them out at PAX as well which is also coming out.

[…]

Please. Throw it in the gem store. I am ok with that.

This saddens me so much….

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ingway.5106

Ingway.5106

I don’t know why anyone would want those, the twisted nightmare one is cool as hell, and actually keeps up with you even with speed buffs.

in Clockwork Chaos

KOPPER.1458

You don’t know why anyone would want to collect all the mini’s? Then you don’t understand collectors

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

I don’t know why anyone would want those, the twisted nightmare one is cool as hell, and actually keeps up with you even with speed buffs.

See it as collecting.. Stamps. Might look boring from outsider perspective. But for those collecting every single one matters. Doesn’t matter if it’s a kittenty one of the queen or a really pretty one – It’s a hole in the collection.

Don’t be that guy, Anet.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Njordfinn.4921

Njordfinn.4921

Aidan said he has lots of English ones left, which he can’t hand out in Germany, so i guess just go to PAX

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

Aidan said he has lots of English ones left, which he can’t hand out in Germany, so i guess just go to PAX

“Just”