Account Dyes, Armor Storage, Guild Info and Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grashopa.8176

Grashopa.8176

I like that there are so many different ways to enjoy GW2, there are so many different things to do and so many different systems in the game that gobble up my time like langoliers.

Account Bound Dyes
I would like to enjoy the dye system, but with character bound dyes i find that (for me atleast) it just becomes a big hassel storing all the dyes that i come across that i cannot decide which character to have them on, and it stresses me out that i could possibly apply the dye to the wrong character and regret it later, or i could sell the dye then when i start to play an alt a year from now i am hitting myself in the head… “oh man i had that dye and i sold it!”. Also, there is no way in hell i am even going to attempt to collect the ?350? dyes on all 5 characters!

If the dyes were account wide it would alleviate my concerns and i would totally buy into the “gotta get them all!” mentality. But the way the system is now ive gotten to the point that when i get a dye i just take a glance at it and then toss it up on the tradeing post instead of stressing about what to do with it, It really sucks that i am not enjoying this part of the game but this IS a GAME and i should be enjoying myself, not stressing over what to do with a specific color of pixels…. Depending on how many people out there have the same feelings about the system as i do, having dyes character bound could possibly be detremental to the sale of dye packs on the gem shop. Also, I know that having the dyes character bound is pushing many players away from enjoying the system, and isnt that whats really important? The Players.

Only suggestion i have here is to make dyes account wide but reduce the drop rate so it is still a feat to collect all the dyes but then you wont have to worry about storeing them or getting them on the right character when you do get them.

If anyone knows of any kind of petition for account bound dyes going around please let me know

Armor Storage
I have never been much of an armor collector in other games, but in GW2 collecting armor is a HUGE part of later game content / time sink. I would like to thoroughly enjoy this part of the game. Takeing a look at the current state of my bank… I have collected 0 peices of armor and i have exactly 3 open slots in my bank, this just isnt adding up, I know there are 8 different armor sets as well as racial armors and there must be a few other different armor sets that i dont know about and I have 5 characters…

I am not opposed to paying money for bank tabs, and i intend to buy some additional bank tabs for my wife and i as soon as we can afford it, but we dont intend to fill it up with armor skins. We need a better solution for storeing our 50+ armor skins that we will accumulate over the next 5+ years. I was thinking something similar to our collections tab, others have suggested some kind of armor gallery in our home instance, i wouldnt mind either idea.

I feel that this is another case of a fun system that has been put into the game that is either an annoyance or a hinderance to actually enjoy it to its full potential. And armor skins are a much bigger aspect of the game than dyes. Please do something to make these system more accesible and enjoyable for the casual player.

Guild Info and Calendar
Simple as this, I would like somewhere that i can post our guild website as well as our guild Mumble info that is accesible to all members that isnt the message of the day. Also i would like somewhere to schedule guild events that is also accesible to all members, this can be the message of the day as long as i have a spot to put the website and mumble info.

I am currently trying to plan guild events on a forum on our website. Needless to say, the idea hasnt exactly “taken off”. As it turns out, players would rather be enjoying themselves in game than reading on some guild website forum, go figure…

There, I have made my suggestions in the suggestions forum

(edited by Grashopa.8176)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dorpen.4653

Dorpen.4653

I’d very much love a account wide dye system, there are so many dyes it wouldn’t effect the sale of them for quite some time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: psykobabble.8095

psykobabble.8095

we really need something for the Armor… I keep alot of my armor and sadly i’ve had to delete some of my older armor and i wish i had kept it… please do somethig about the storage

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

we really need something for the Armor… I keep alot of my armor and sadly i’ve had to delete some of my older armor and i wish i had kept it… please do somethig about the storage

You can buy additional bank slots. Up to 7 or 8 more.

As much as I want account dyes too, it will never happen. This topic comes up so much it should be sticked at the top of thekittenforum. The system already was account wide once and then they changed it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: purpleflyingllamaz.4317

purpleflyingllamaz.4317

I have the exact same problem with dyes. I know that I for one would be willing to buy dyes in the gem store ONLY if they were account bound.
Another problem with dyes is that town clothes are dyed two colors that we don’t have as starter colors, and that makes players feel like they can’t change the color of their town clothes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ascari.2839

Ascari.2839

Those suggestions have been on here before, but the threads are moving so quickly…

If it was up to a vote, I’d totally vote for account-bound dyes and a PvE armour locker. Those are two of my top5 wishlist for GW2 future additions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ubung.7423

Ubung.7423

I agree with all your points. In particular the Armour storage. I now have 5 bank slots and im still having trouble trying to keep up with all the cool stuff ive collected. It doesnt help that I can use so many weapon types.

in Suggestions

Posted by: psykobabble.8095

psykobabble.8095

You can buy additional bank slots. Up to 7 or 8 more.

As much as I want account dyes too, it will never happen. This topic comes up so much it should be sticked at the top of thekittenforum. The system already was account wide once and then they changed it.

well I did buy two more 8 slots in my bank but it just feels like it’s not enough if i want to keep changing my armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neara.4378

Neara.4378

The dye unlock system was announced to be account-wide many moons ago. Then, with the removal of the dye seed mechanic (24 hrs wait per dye) it was suddenly tied to single characters. The reasoning behind this being “dyes being tied to character progression make more sense” or something along these lines.

Anet offered a somewhat acceptable compromise by allowing dyes to be traded on the TP, but that whole move still leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Probably put into action to secure long-term gem store sales – there would’ve been better solutions, though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MilitiaMasterV.7216

MilitiaMasterV.7216

Feel free to add your opinion to my account bound dye thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Dyes-Please-make-them-account-bound/first#post116240

There’s a lot of people on both sides of the fence.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jinsei.5178

jinsei.5178

+1 here ! Dye for whole Account and Armor stash YES … I am not motivated at all to get more armor sets. Specially not when they are souldbound and I know I wont be able to sell them later to anyone else.

Note to Self: Be Nyappy!