Allow normal slot skills in the elite slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

Pretty much what the title says, allow us to place a normal slot skill into the elite skill slot. There aren’t many elite skills, and i often find myself never using my elite because most of them are pretty much useless in most situations, plus the ridiculous cool-downs most of them have. I think this would be a great way to open up the game to more builds without actually adding new skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Wrong suggestion. Buffs to elites and 3 more elites per profession is the correct suggestion.

Removing content isn’t the answer for broken content.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Removing content? It was never suggested to remove content. The suggestion was to allow utility skills on the elite skill slot.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

This clearly open a new array of builds, will add some improvements but will ultimately destroy some of the existing ones. Some classes would have eccentric funny and some OP builds

Elixir HGH Engineer. Ouch.

in Suggestions

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

A simple change to allow those who don’t enjoy their elites an option at more utlity

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’ve been asking for this since I saw how many of the elites are a waste of bar space. Agreed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

Removing content? It was never suggested to remove content. The suggestion was to allow utility skills on the elite skill slot.

And everyplayer would use a non-Elite skill in the Elite slot because most Elite skills are simply awful, wich would be the same as removing content (elite skills).

The answer, as said by the one you quoted, is to fix the usefulness/gameplay of Elite skills, not to give players the means to ignore them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

So they removed content by giving players an option to change weapons or utility skills? Eh... I’m sure it has balancing implications, but that logic is just twisted.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

The only thing I want done with the skills is have more weapon skill choices. Like you select your 1 skill from a few others. Repeated on 2-5. Normal skill son Elites? Seems like an oxymoron, not to mention the elite skill can be really good if used correctly. If you do that you would make some classes very powerful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

The horrendous cooldowns on elite skills make them a poor choice for any skill slot.

I’m fairly certain that the guy who said nobody would bring “elites” hit the nail dead on the head.

Fix elite skills to be more useful, not encourage using them even less.